PDA

View Full Version : the numbers thing *spoilers*

chucknbuck
04-30-2015, 01:53 PM
19 and 99:

Maybe this isn't very interesting, but when the members of the ka-tet were introducing themselves at the Calla party, they started to say 19 and 99 (book V), it seemed sort of random. I know 1999 is when the SK accident happened, but maybe there is something more to the 99. I see many of us agree that Roland is in the 19th loop. Thus, counting Oy, that is a total of 95 current and former ka-tet members. Then you can add Cuthbert, Alian, and Susan from book IV, along with Roland again, to get to 99. 99 total ka-tet members. I want to say Susan was an official card-carrying ka-tet member, but I'll know on my next read through of book IV (I'm going through again, on book III).

Not the deepest thought ever, and looking for a pattern where there may very well be none intended, but thought I'd just throw it out there. I don't think it helps me form a better understanding of the story per se, but is slightly interesting.

Priest
04-30-2015, 03:17 PM
I see many of us agree that Roland is in the 19th loop.

thats quite new to me , is an interesting thought -
have to take this with me on my next loop and see how this feels.

thanks for that input!

King of the North Coast
05-02-2015, 02:59 AM
I could be wrong here, but I literally just finished reading these books a cpl weeks ago, and would swear that at one point they figure out that the numbers 19 & 99 have to do with the world's they have been visiting.