PDA

View Full Version : The Official Toronto Blue Jays Thread

SystemCrashOverRide
04-11-2015, 11:00 AM
The Yankee's have theirs, and "field of dreams" is all inclusive, but I thought it would be nice to have our own thread for the few Blue Jays fans here on TDT.org

Lets talk Blue Jays. How's everyone feeling so far about the solid start to the season?

Still Servant
04-11-2015, 01:46 PM
I'm not a Blue Jays fan, but I'm really looking forward to seeing Sanchez pitch today.

SystemCrashOverRide
04-11-2015, 03:09 PM
I've seen your comments regarding the Jays in the recent past, so I know they're on your radar. We do have a lot going for us when it comes to young pitching this season. Between Norris, Sanchez, Osuna and Castro, it should be a VERY intriguing season from a pitching perspective.

Mattrick
04-11-2015, 06:59 PM
Sanchez, along with the rest of the team, stunk up Camden Yards tonight. Was not a pretty game to watch as a Jays fan.

And GTFO out MIKES! Jays fans ONLY! LOL! :P (please don't leave, there are like two of us Jays fans here haha)

I had the game on mute while I read for the last few innings. No idea what Schowalter was challenging/talking to the umps about, but you were up 7-0 in the 9th with only two outs until you won...let it go! haha.

SystemCrashOverRide
04-11-2015, 08:39 PM
I followed the score inning by inning on tsn.com but didn't have a tv nearby to watch it. I'll hopefully catch the "Jays in 30" recap (best show on television). Not promising for young Sanchez though. If we plan on making it to the post season, he's going to have to turn it around in a hurry. I know one outing doesn't dictate much in 160+ game season, but that doesn't instill much confidence.

Mattrick
04-11-2015, 10:00 PM
Chances are Sanchez will be the one re-assigned to Buffalo when/if Stroman comes back. I think adding a dependable starter will be AA's priority at the trade deadline if Sanchez isn't working out. I would love for Sanchez to be in the bullpen, though. So far Travis has worked out well at second, but, as Tim and Sid (Toronto Radio) always joked about, "It's still early".

SystemCrashOverRide
04-12-2015, 09:17 AM
*time for Tim and Sid* yeah, it's early. I'm already sick of Greg Zhaun and Buck is getting on my nerves.

Mattrick
04-12-2015, 01:09 PM
Not a fan of the Zauntourage? lol I'm sad Tim and Sid is over. The TV show will be great, I'm sure, but I like the multitasking I can do with podcast/radio...I usually listen to Tim and Sid when I'm cleaning, playing video games or walking. Been a fan of them since Headline Sports, and TheScore was the best sports channel at the time, though most of that talent has gone over to SN now.

Huge win today. I could only catch the last third of the game. Will have to look at the box score. I'm curious to see how Hutch did.

SystemCrashOverRide
04-12-2015, 02:04 PM
Yeah I didn't see it all, watched some of the 1st and caught some on 590 in the car. Watched the 8/9th on tv, they said something about Hutch not having a great outing. Castro seemed to be throwing some wild pitches too, but Pillar got it done. Him and Travis have been impressing me this season.

No I'm not a fan of Zaun Cherry. I find him pretentious and borderline ridiculous. I didn't take much issue with him last year, but I've been doing some reading and some of his views about hazing and "paying your dues" are absurd. Too old school.

A win is a win, nice to hear that Bautista hit a homer, same with Pompey

Still Servant
04-12-2015, 04:06 PM
Sanchez, along with the rest of the team, stunk up Camden Yards tonight. Was not a pretty game to watch as a Jays fan.

And GTFO out MIKES! Jays fans ONLY! LOL! :P (please don't leave, there are like two of us Jays fans here haha)

I had the game on mute while I read for the last few innings. No idea what Schowalter was challenging/talking to the umps about, but you were up 7-0 in the 9th with only two outs until you won...let it go! haha.

:lol:

I was waiting for that. As for Buck, that's kind of what I've always hated about him. I'm all for being competitive to the end, but sometimes it's just silly.

Yes, I do follow the Jays very closely. I have a lot of their players on my fantasy team (dynasty league). I know Sanchez pitched poorly, but I'm not worried yet. I think he's a potentially big piece for the Jays this season. I'm really encouraged early with Castro.

I'm also anxiously awaiting Jeff Hoffman's debut at some point this summer. Some scouts consider him to have some of the highest upside of pitchers in the minor leagues.

Mattrick
04-12-2015, 04:27 PM
The past couple years Toronto fans have been freaking out about our pitching and AA has been quiet on that front, and it makes sense with all our young guys coming up. We had high hopes for Stroman, but everyone talked about Sanchez a lot more and Stroman kind of just came out, took over, and it like 'things might be okay'...then he tears his ACL :/ . It's hard to blame Toronto fans though, after the meltdown of Ricky Romero and how guys like McGowan and Morrow just didn't pan out and got injured. No one ever lived up to Halladay, who was just awesome.

Castro seemed to be throwing some wild pitches too, but Pillar got it done. Him and Travis have been impressing me this season.

Travis so far seems like he will make a satisfactory second baseman. Pillar impressed me last year, but he did need to mature a little bit. I think his little dugout freakout and getting sent back down really helped bring him back down to earth. He just seems more patient and more calm so far. Hopefully all these young guys who made the team can produce and defend, and we can save whatever changes we need to make to the rotation (if need be), but, more importantly, the thing that terrifies me, is the very iffy bullpen. Every time I see Redmond pitch he stinks it up, but granted I don't see his every appearance...Vinnie Chulk did the same thing to me too lol, he always sucked when I saw him pitch.

Still Servant
04-12-2015, 05:39 PM
The past couple years Toronto fans have been freaking out about our pitching and AA has been quiet on that front, and it makes sense with all our young guys coming up. We had high hopes for Stroman, but everyone talked about Sanchez a lot more and Stroman kind of just came out, took over, and it like 'things might be okay'...then he tears his ACL :/ . It's hard to blame Toronto fans though, after the meltdown of Ricky Romero and how guys like McGowan and Morrow just didn't pan out and got injured. No one ever lived up to Halladay, who was just awesome.

Castro seemed to be throwing some wild pitches too, but Pillar got it done. Him and Travis have been impressing me this season.

Travis so far seems like he will make a satisfactory second baseman. Pillar impressed me last year, but he did need to mature a little bit. I think his little dugout freakout and getting sent back down really helped bring him back down to earth. He just seems more patient and more calm so far. Hopefully all these young guys who made the team can produce and defend, and we can save whatever changes we need to make to the rotation (if need be), but, more importantly, the thing that terrifies me, is the very iffy bullpen. Every time I see Redmond pitch he stinks it up, but granted I don't see his every appearance...Vinnie Chulk did the same thing to me too lol, he always sucked when I saw him pitch.

This is the best crop of pitchers the Jays have had since Halladay and Carpenter. Norris alone has more upside than McGowan (who I had on my fantasy team back in the day too) and Morrow (who I actually liked more as a power reliever when he was coming up with the Mariners).

I know Carpenter never worked out for the Jays and then turned into a great pitcher after he left. Halladay was always an interesting case. A guy that pitched so poorly at the Major League level that he got sent all the way back down to Single-A. An amazing story of perseverance.

SystemCrashOverRide
04-13-2015, 06:57 AM
I suspect Sanchez/Osuna/Castro will all have to settle in. It's strange that by comparison Hutch looks grey haired and long in the tooth (I'm kidding, but you know what I mean). Osuna and Castro both seem VERY composed for their age though, I didn't get a chance to see Sanchez's start so I cant speak to that.

I think what I'm most hopeful for is Russel Martin. His season starting at-bats have been pretty abysmal so I'm hoping that slump ends shortly and that his ability to catch Dickey holds out, I suspect it will be tiring for him.

Big home opener tonight, Fingers crossed that it's a big win.

SystemCrashOverRide
04-16-2015, 11:39 AM
Can we talk about how INSANE a week it's been for Kevin Pillar? I lost my God Damn mind when he went up over the wall to rob the Rays of that homer. Holy hell was that impressive.

Lots of gifs about his plays here:
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/one-week-with-kevin-pillar/

Iwritecode
04-16-2015, 11:52 AM
Not a Blue Jays fan but I was glad to see Mark Buehrle crack 200 wins. Dude was the very definition of dependable while he was in Chicago. You could pretty much pencil him in for 10+ wins and 200+ innings every single year.

Seems like a really nice guy in person as well.

Still Servant
04-16-2015, 04:36 PM
Sanchez - Just let them hit it, kid. Your life will be a lot easier.

I swear his stuff is so good, hitters will get themselves out most of the time. He does need to work on his secondary pitches though. Castro should show him that change.

Mattrick
04-17-2015, 11:51 AM
That was a tough series. Figures the second Archer is out of the game we start putting up hits and runs. We've had issues with hard throwing righties all season. Won't get to catch the game tonight, just pieces of it. Ottawa Senators game 2 vs. Montreal Canadiens is on tonight. GO OTTAWA!!!

SystemCrashOverRide
04-18-2015, 06:52 AM
Hey look, Martin can hit! Shame it didn't win us the ball game, still nice to see.

Still Servant
04-19-2015, 06:12 AM
Hey look, Martin can hit! Shame it didn't win us the ball game, still nice to see.

I expect Martin to start hitting, but if I were a Jays fan I wouldn't be expecting him to hit .290 like he did last year for the Pirates.

Honestly, he's been a below average hitter since leaving the Dodgers. He hit rock bottom for the Yankees the last year he was there when he hit .211. He was a horror show to watch at the plate.

SystemCrashOverRide
04-19-2015, 06:00 PM
Playing at the SkyDome should benefit him. I expect to see a fair few deep fly balls turn into homers for Martin. Shame to lose the series, thankfully there's a lot more baseball to be played. The team still needs to settle in.

Anyone else frustrated with Jose "made of glass" Reyes? It's not his fault, it's just difficult to watch him get hurt...again.

SystemCrashOverRide
04-22-2015, 08:01 AM
What an insane game last night. 13-6 win, EE cranks two massive homers (one into the 500's), Jose loses his mind at the plate and pimps a well deserved homer and it felt like the benches were going to clear...again.

Oh, and Pillar makes the diving superman double play of the season and is officially my favourite Jay right now. Seriously, where can I buy a Jersey?

Still Servant
04-22-2015, 04:24 PM
Bautista has every reason to be upset after the pitcher threw at him, but the way he acted after hitting that home run is uncalled for. Judging by Adam Jones' reaction, Bautista better expect to catch one between the numbers for real next time.

SystemCrashOverRide
04-22-2015, 06:00 PM
Bautista has every reason to be upset after the pitcher threw at him, but the way he acted after hitting that home run is uncalled for. Judging by Adam Jones' reaction, Bautista better expect to catch one between the numbers for real next time.

Are you talking about him "pimping" the home run, or shouting at the other players? Because I thought both were called for. Adam Jones was trying to insinuate that Bautista was acting unsportsmanlike by watching his homer and flipping his bat, completely discounting how unsportsmanlike firing a 90MPH pitch at another player is. I think Bautista's anger at his comments was justified.

You threaten someone's ability to play, which is their livelihood, and potentially SERIOUSLY injure someone and then get huffy because they hurt your feelings by enjoying their game play/retribution? Those two things are not equal.

Still Servant
04-22-2015, 06:51 PM
Like it or not, beaning a player is part of the game. It's been around forever. Bautista is not the first player to encounter that. Also, the pitch wasn't exactly at his head, it was more at the numbers, I'd prefer it was at the butt though. Hit the home run. That's statement enough. By doing what Bautista did you are showing up the entire other team, not just the pitcher. The other Orioles players had nothing to do with it, why rub it in their face?

Trust me, if it was the other way around, you'd be pissed.

SystemCrashOverRide
04-22-2015, 07:44 PM
Like it or not, beaning a player is part of the game.

Times change, sports change. "Beaning players" is the same as checking from behind in hockey. It's dirty, it's dangerous, and it will ruin athletic careers. There's a reason the NFL and the NHL are changing the way their game is policed to try and combat this. The same is true for baseball, just because it's the way it used to be done doesn't mean it's good for the sport, safe, or smart. In fact I would argue it's the opposite on all fronts. It dirties the image of the sport, it's dangerous as hell, and it's a stupid form of retribution that's detrimental to the guy on the mound (when he receives a suspension) the batter in the box (when he gets injured) and the managers/old baseball guard who're endangering their players.

Sure it makes for interesting sports articles, but I don't think it that it 'teaches anyone a lesson'.

Nor should it be taken laying down, people ought to be outraged and get mad as hell when dangerous stupid shit like that is done, Bautista included.

Still Servant
04-23-2015, 03:42 PM
Like it or not, beaning a player is part of the game.

Times change, sports change. "Beaning players" is the same as checking from behind in hockey. It's dirty, it's dangerous, and it will ruin athletic careers. There's a reason the NFL and the NHL are changing the way their game is policed to try and combat this. The same is true for baseball, just because it's the way it used to be done doesn't mean it's good for the sport, safe, or smart. In fact I would argue it's the opposite on all fronts. It dirties the image of the sport, it's dangerous as hell, and it's a stupid form of retribution that's detrimental to the guy on the mound (when he receives a suspension) the batter in the box (when he gets injured) and the managers/old baseball guard who're endangering their players.

Sure it makes for interesting sports articles, but I don't think it that it 'teaches anyone a lesson'.

Nor should it be taken laying down, people ought to be outraged and get mad as hell when dangerous stupid shit like that is done, Bautista included.

I agree, but until further notice, it's part of the game and it will remain part of the game for a while longer I think.

If you outlaw it, where does it end? Can you no longer throw up and in to move a player off the plate? What if a ball just gets away from a guy and he hits a player? Do you kick him out of baseball or suspend him for a certain amount of games?

It's a tricky area.

SystemCrashOverRide
04-23-2015, 07:08 PM
Oh no doubt it's a tough thing to change. I'm 100% with you. I don't have a solution, but I think the players can typically tell when a pitch just gets away from a pitcher vs the intentional bean ball. If they can tell? Then some governing body should be able to tell the difference and react accordingly. At least I would hope that's the case, but perhaps I'm just daydreaming.

SystemCrashOverRide
04-24-2015, 05:25 AM
Swept! a sloppy end to an otherwise pretty game. Beautiful pitching by Hutch

SystemCrashOverRide
04-27-2015, 07:55 AM
*ahem* Lets reset shall we? Time for a new series, hopefully Bautista is back soon and Castro can perfect his fastball pitch placement.

SystemCrashOverRide
06-09-2015, 08:56 AM
Been a while since we've had any discussion here. After a very mediocre May, June is coming along swimmingly. After last night's win we're on a six game hot streak and Chris Collabello is leading the MLB with an 18 game hitting streak that he can hopefully extend tonight. Let's hope Burhle is as phenomenal as his last outing.

webstar1000
06-09-2015, 10:01 AM
Proud to see the team beginning to take shape... they may be a force to be reckoned with later in the season!

Mattrick
06-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Always nice to see him below us
http://blogs.southcoasttoday.com/red-sox/files/2014/08/JohnSad.jpg

Still Servant
06-09-2015, 05:21 PM
Chris Collabello, Earth called and it wants you to return to it.

SystemCrashOverRide
06-11-2015, 09:44 AM
Day off today, but here's hoping the bats remain as hot after the break. Eight wins in a row and the Yankees finally lost one, time to claw our way to the top. Only 3 games back!

Merlin1958
06-11-2015, 12:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU44W5W9lqg

SystemCrashOverRide
06-19-2015, 06:22 AM
Time for a new streak? I think so.

Mattrick
07-01-2015, 11:33 AM
Happy Canada Day Bahstan

SystemCrashOverRide
07-01-2015, 12:38 PM
Doubly so after the last 2 games. Yikes.

Still Servant
07-15-2015, 05:49 PM
My boy Jeff Hoffman just got called up to Double-A. He's way ahead of schedule right now following Tommy John surgery.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20150715&content_id=136824236&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_milb

Mattrick
07-15-2015, 07:20 PM
That's great news. We're going to be relying on Hoffman and Stroman to bolster our rotation next season.

Still Servant
07-27-2015, 10:26 PM
That's great news. We're going to be relying on Hoffman and Stroman to bolster our rotation next season.

Well, not exactly.

I'm not sure you guys needed more offense, but it's hard to argue with this trade.

Ironically, I have Tulo, Castro and Hoffman on my fantasy team. LOL.

Mattrick
07-31-2015, 08:13 PM
WOOOO This is what Toronto did to the MLB Non-waiver Trade Deadline

http://nonalignedmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/nuke-blast.jpg

Still Servant
07-31-2015, 08:26 PM
This is true, but we know that means nothing unless they make the Playoffs. This is actually going to put more pressure on them.

Honestly, I don't know how the Jays were able to trade for both Tulo and Price and not give up Dalton Pompey. That seems kind of ridiculous to me. If I were the Tigers and Rockies Pompey's name would have been one of the first names I asked for. Bad job by them. I know he didn't look great earlier in the season, but my bet is that he figures it out.

Merlin1958
07-31-2015, 09:55 PM
WOOOO This is what Toronto did to the MLB Non-waiver Trade Deadline

http://nonalignedmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/nuke-blast.jpg

This is true, but we know that means nothing unless they make the Playoffs. This is actually going to put more pressure on them.

Honestly, I don't know how the Jays were able to trade for both Tulo and Price and not give up Dalton Pompey. That seems kind of ridiculous to me. If I were the Tigers and Rockies Pompey's name would have been one of the first names I asked for. Bad job by them. I know he didn't look great earlier in the season, but my bet is that he figures it out.

Uh Oh!!!!!!!

I do hear that the Yanks may still be after, Kimbrel.

webstar1000
08-10-2015, 03:41 AM
How bout dem Jays? I love Bill.. but man they made the Yankees look bad!! 1 run allowed in 28 innings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still Servant
08-10-2015, 04:15 PM
They caught the Yanks in a slump. That's more on the Yankees offense than it is on the Jays pitching.

Honestly, besides that one game (where most of the runs came via a grand slam) the Jays didn't exactly set the world on fire with their bats. Hopefully the Yankees bats can wake up soon.

Mattrick
08-12-2015, 11:31 AM
I'm going to the game tonight. If we win, we're the first time to win have two ten game winning streaks in the same season since the 70's. May also be there in person to see us take sole possession of 1st in the East. Haven't seen Dickey pitch yet, so I'm looking forward to it. Me and my friend are getting there early so we can chill out on Ted's Porch.

Kevin
08-13-2015, 03:51 PM
Been to a bunch of games this year, first year where I've seen multiple games because the team is so damn exciting. I work as the SM of Lids at the Toronto Eaton Centre so its also doing wonders for my sales targets. :coo3l:

webstar1000
08-13-2015, 06:48 PM
Wow the Jays are breaking records and still lots to break. Sorry bill... But your team is done this year!!!

Mattrick
08-14-2015, 01:34 AM
Been to a bunch of games this year, first year where I've seen multiple games because the team is so damn exciting. I work as the SM of Lids at the Toronto Eaton Centre so its also doing wonders for my sales targets. :coo3l:

I'm planning on catching another game at the end of September. 200 level all the way.

Mattrick
08-14-2015, 12:43 PM
Now we're the first team with two 11 game streaks Ina season since the 50's. We've never gotten that twelfth win. At least Price is on the mound.

If we get that twelfth win....imagine if we could chase down Oakland's record....would be amazing, amazing but not good for you Yankees fans.

Still Servant
08-15-2015, 06:59 PM
Does anybody know how the last two games between the Yankees and Jays have gone? I'm in Florida on Vacation and I don't have access to a TV, the internet or newspaper.

:P

Mattrick
08-29-2015, 02:15 PM
Oh my goodness. EDWIN. That parrot got lots of walks today. Wish I wasn't stuck in this car and could have watched it.

24 game hitting streak baby!

ke7285
08-29-2015, 03:52 PM
Being a Tiger's fan it really blew they got spanked! The hat trick was classic!!! Only a origanal six team town would know!!!

Still Servant
10-06-2015, 07:37 PM
It's all up to you now. Don't let the Mets win the WS.

Mattrick
10-06-2015, 08:16 PM
I was a little surprised to see that you guys didn't even get a run, considering you were number 2 in runs scored behind us. C.C. going to rehab was a bad omen for you guys, I think. I'm sure a lot of Jays fans consider our final game spanking by the Rays as a bad omen despite us resting all our starters. I'm pumped for Thursday. I just hope that if we go deep that a really important game is on Federal Election Day, since I'm working at the polls and I'll be there literally all day. Would suck to miss a big game on the 19th because of that...any game really, but a game 7? Would suck major ass.

TIME TO RELIVE 93!

TOUCH EM' ALL JOE! YOU'LL NEVER HIT A BIGGER HOME RUN IN YOUR LIFE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX2dJ4K0Oew

webstar1000
10-07-2015, 03:15 AM
Blue Jays ALL THE WAY!!!!

Still Servant
10-07-2015, 02:01 PM
I was a little surprised to see that you guys didn't even get a run.

You were? Why? The Yankees in the second half, for the most part, were one of the worst offenses in all of baseball. Their September alone was terrible, with an .OBP of .309. Gardner hit .210 in the second half, Ellsbury hit .220. McCann was batting .260 before the break and .200 after.

Their offense just disappeared. The fact that they ended up second in runs is a little misleading. A lot of that is because of a few games of offense explosions that became few and far between. Plus, the Yankees didn't hit Dallas all year. He's the one guy I didn't want to face in a 1 game playoff.

Mattrick
10-07-2015, 03:22 PM
Yeah, after I posted that I heard that he blanked you guys the entire season.

Mattrick
10-08-2015, 07:26 PM
Sadly, I missed the game due to job training. Screw Egregious Odour. Guy scores three times and hits a solo shot and on top of all that he played solid defense (I think, though I was only watching game through MLB At Bat) and knock Donaldson out of the game with a knee to the head. I'd say no Beltre for Game two is a bright spot after losing Game One, but with Donaldson and Joey Bats leaving the game for us, it isn't much of a panacea. At least Donaldson was negative for a concussion and it seems but him and Batista will play tomorrow, but I'm sure both are game-time decisions. Hopefully Stroman shuts Texas down.

Mattrick
10-09-2015, 12:48 PM
Top of the 13th....getting intense.

Still Servant
10-09-2015, 01:18 PM
Top 14. This will be a huge win for either team.

Mattrick
10-09-2015, 01:59 PM
:'(

Egregious Odour again.

webstar1000
10-09-2015, 02:02 PM
:(

Mattrick
10-11-2015, 07:53 PM
Tulo. Estrada.

That is all.

Still Servant
10-12-2015, 05:53 AM
I haven't followed the Rangers much, any idea why the Rangers didn't start 17 game winner Colby Lewis? I know he got hit pretty hard a few weeks back by the Jays, but he had a better chance than Perez.

Mattrick
10-12-2015, 09:12 AM
I don't think he is even on their playoff roster as a starter, he's their long-man in the pen I think. We've got Dickey vs. Holland tonight. Hoping we crush Holland after this lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXLkKPFH_mM

SystemCrashOverRide
10-12-2015, 12:16 PM
Okay Blue Jays, Lets play ball.

Mattrick
10-12-2015, 12:18 PM
WE THE NORTH 3-0 IN THE FIRST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaCWLjZ3pmA

SystemCrashOverRide
10-12-2015, 12:22 PM
I've no cable here at work, I need to find a live stream that isn't riddled with spam.

Mattrick
10-12-2015, 12:28 PM
Do you have a radio? Wilner is great to listen to.

SystemCrashOverRide
10-12-2015, 12:46 PM
I don't at work, and the online radio streams are also effected by the post season black-out rules. That said, I did find an online video steam, so I'm officially in the loop! 4-0 Jays, Hell yeah.

Mattrick
10-12-2015, 12:49 PM
I missed the entire first game due to those black-out rules. I hate that shit.

Bye bye Holland. Get ready to to say goodbye, Lewis.

SystemCrashOverRide
10-12-2015, 01:46 PM
So game five in Toronto...who has tickets? lol

Mattrick
10-12-2015, 02:28 PM
I wish I did. I'll drink enough whiskey to believe I'm there lol

Still Servant
10-12-2015, 03:41 PM
I'm not sure what the Rangers were thinking pitching two lefties. That is death against the Jays.

Mattrick
10-14-2015, 02:12 PM
ENCARNACIOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!

webstar1000
10-14-2015, 02:19 PM
BOOOOOOM!!!

Mattrick
10-14-2015, 02:47 PM
Three straight errors my god.

Still Servant
10-14-2015, 03:09 PM
Congrats, guys!

I thought you guys would have an easier time in this series, but the Rangers played well. Should be an interesting ALCS.

Mattrick
10-14-2015, 03:31 PM
The.drama in this game. The 7th inning was 43 mins long.

Still Servant
10-14-2015, 03:39 PM
You better hope Price puts his shit together or ALDS will be the last time you celebrate.

webstar1000
10-14-2015, 04:32 PM
53 mins long wasn't it??? Craziest game I ever seen!!!

Still Servant
10-14-2015, 06:34 PM
Great win, but the Rangers handed that to you guys on a silver platter.

Mattrick
10-14-2015, 07:41 PM
Bring on The Royals. We haven't forgotten what happened last time.

Ben Staad
10-15-2015, 05:32 AM
Meltdown. I'm a Tigers fan so I am familiar with this phenomenon. Congrats on the win.

Three straight errors my god.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
10-15-2015, 06:23 AM
As a die hard Rangers fan, I am disappointed to say the least. However, we did it to ourselves. Elvis was awful in the 7th. Bautista should have never even gotten a chance to bat in that situation, and Dyson, who usually throws perfectly unhitable sinkers on the bottom edge of the zone, threw him a meatball right down the center of the plate. That said, we had our opportunity in the top of the 8th with 2 on and Hamilton at the plate to tie it back up, and Hamilton whiffed......again. However, I must say, I didn't expect the rangers to make it this far given our preseason expectations, and I am satisfied. The Jays deserved it, they made a great comeback in the series. One of only 3 teams in history to come back from an 0-2 deficit and win the series, Congrats to them.

webstar1000
10-15-2015, 07:52 AM
As a die hard Rangers fan, I am disappointed to say the least. However, we did it to ourselves. Elvis was awful in the 7th. Bautista should have never even gotten a chance to bat in that situation, and Dyson, who usually throws perfectly unhitable sinkers on the bottom edge of the zone, threw him a meatball right down the center of the plate. That said, we had our opportunity in the top of the 8th with 2 on and Hamilton at the plate to tie it back up, and Hamilton whiffed......again. However, I must say, I didn't expect the rangers to make it this far given our preseason expectations, and I am satisfied. The Jays deserved it, they made a great comeback in the series. One of only 3 teams in history to come back from an 0-2 deficit and win the series, Congrats to them.

VERY classy of you. Being a HUGE Jays fan since I was a young boy... I find a lot of class between team fans in the world of Baseball. I am not that big of a hockey buy like most Canadians and I find there is a lot less class... you just would not see this written by the opposing team that loss. Rep points to you mate:)

Mattrick
10-15-2015, 10:01 AM
Oh, you should hear me trash Leafs fans as a Sens fan. I don't miss a chance to chirp them.

fernandito
10-15-2015, 10:10 AM
That game was fucking nuts.

lmao @ Bautista's face after the HR.

Mattrick
10-15-2015, 12:00 PM
http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/22ef1cc0b5e426c03ef70658c8db422b

Still Servant
10-15-2015, 12:25 PM

I was surprised how badly Andrus struggled defensively at times this year. Very unlike him.

fernandito
10-15-2015, 12:34 PM

Like a GAWD
DAMN
BOSS

Iwritecode
10-15-2015, 12:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnhwBEmRt5Y

Iwritecode
10-16-2015, 10:06 AM
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0501/4537/products/BreakingT-TOR-Joey-Bat-Flip-square-v2.jpg?v=1444921950

http://breakingt.com/products/the-bautista-bat-flip

Still Servant
10-19-2015, 04:14 PM
This is it, guys. You're my last chance to make sure the Mets don't win the World Series.

Mattrick
10-19-2015, 05:00 PM
We're up sp far. Wish I was watching. Be lucky to catch the last inning or two.

SystemCrashOverRide
10-20-2015, 06:07 AM
I can happily say I was there last night (lets not talk about what THAT cost) and what a game! I've never been to a game that was SO consistently loud. I was hoarse by the end of the third inning.

Lets hope the momentum carries us through today's game and we can truly make this a series. Go Jays Go

Mattrick
10-20-2015, 12:59 PM
Shitty start from Dickey.

webstar1000
10-20-2015, 03:33 PM
Horrible

Still Servant
10-20-2015, 04:11 PM
Shitty start from Dickey.

That's an understatement.

I have some things I want to discuss regarding Dickey, but I will wait until a later date.

Mattrick
10-21-2015, 05:31 PM
For all Jays fans!

http://youtu.be/QoLywiaM6PA

Merlin1958
10-23-2015, 05:18 PM
Anybody want to put their money where their mouth is? $20 says, K.C. takes the series. BJ's are too reliant on the HR and KC has the better pitching IMHO. Should be a good game though.

It's 2-1 KC in the 4th right now.

Mattrick
10-23-2015, 05:39 PM
Ventura lost it. We missed chance to cash in a run. Price is looking good now. 4 straight punch outs. This is still.anyone's game to win. If we win tonight we are taking game 7.

Merlin1958
10-23-2015, 05:57 PM
Ventura lost it. We missed chance to cash in a run. Price is looking good now. 4 straight punch outs. This is still.anyone's game to win. If we win tonight we are taking game 7.

Is that prediction backed up by a twenty dollar bill? LOL LOL

Mattrick
10-23-2015, 06:51 PM
JOEY BATS AGAIN! Tie game now!

Still Servant
10-23-2015, 06:56 PM
If the Jays lose, you have to at least give them credit. They didn't go down easy.

These pitchers really have to stop missing high against Bautista.

Mattrick
10-23-2015, 07:01 PM
Oh, for sure.

Merlin1958
10-23-2015, 08:28 PM
Well, it's over and in the books. KC takes it 4-3!!!

Matts, you can ship me your book in lieu of the $20 bucks!! LOL J/K LOL

The Jays, certainly have nothing to be ashamed of they played a tough team and gave them a solid run for their money. They can hold their head's up high. Congratulations on a great season!!! There is always next year. It should be a very interesting WS for the, Mets and Royals. I usually do not continue to watch or care if the Yanks get eliminated, but this has been a pretty good playoff and should be a very competitive series. Best of luck and may the best team win it all.

Mattrick
10-23-2015, 08:36 PM
We had no excuse not to at least tie that game with Pompey and Pillar,.who guys with speed, on second and third. ANY ball in the outfield ties it, any ball that drops in the outfield gets us the lead. Sucks to lose a game that was ripe for the taking. We were right there.

Mattrick
10-23-2015, 08:36 PM
Hopefully we can keep Price and Estrada.

Still Servant
12-03-2015, 04:29 PM
Thanks for resigning Price.

Mattrick
12-04-2015, 11:41 PM
At least you'll face him just as often lol

Still Servant
12-05-2015, 05:40 AM
At least you'll face him just as often lol

True, but you won't have to listen to it as much a I will.

:pullhair:

Mattrick
12-05-2015, 07:55 AM
A lot can HAPPen in Toronto lol

Still Servant
02-14-2016, 12:18 PM
I need help from my Blue Jays friends. In my fantasy league, I traded for another team's first round pick. I got lucky and he sucked, so I now have the 2nd overall pick. I'm looking at Osuna with that pick, but Osuna is only worth the pick if he's the closer. My question is: Does Osuna remain the closer in the short term with the recent acquisition of Storen? Also, what are his long term plans? I've heard a lot of reports of him being turned back into a starter, which is no good for me.

Thanks for the insider information.

Mattrick
02-16-2016, 10:15 PM
I'm behind on in depth news depending on my podcast consumption. So far as I know Osuna will be our closer. He loves the roll and hes proven he can do it.

Still Servant
02-17-2016, 06:22 PM
I'm behind on in depth news depending on my podcast consumption. So far as I know Osuna will be our closer. He loves the roll and hes proven he can do it.

I need more concrete info, brutha. I'm going for my 11th championship. This is super serial.

Mattrick
02-21-2016, 01:51 PM
Gregg Zaun says the closer's role is Osuna's to lose. That's as concrete as it gets in Canada, guy! Just buy some more Canadough, buddy!

But pitchers and catchers reported today EEEEEEEEE

Still Servant
02-22-2016, 04:47 PM
Gregg Zaun says the closer's role is Osuna's to lose. That's as concrete as it gets in Canada, guy! Just buy some more Canadough, buddy!

That's what I'm looking for!

Merlin1958
02-22-2016, 06:09 PM

I need more concrete info, brutha. I'm going for my 11th championship. This is super serial.

I generally try to refrain from "pissing in your pool" here, but I am quite excited about the, Yanks closing scenario!!!

These days, you need .................THREE!!!!

Chapman, Miller and Betances = CMB (The Cash Money Brothers)!!!! LOL

:YYY::YYY::YYY:

Pardon the interruption. Please return to your regularly scheduled programming.

Mattrick
02-23-2016, 02:16 PM
The AL East is ours too lose. We are starting 2016 with a better team than we started 2015 with. The whole Bautista/Edwin thing is troubling. We might lose both of them for 2017. Hopefully we only keep Joey Bats.

Still Servant
02-23-2016, 05:14 PM
The AL East is ours too lose. We are starting 2016 with a better team than we started 2015 with. The whole Bautista/Edwin thing is troubling. We might lose both of them for 2017. Hopefully we only keep Joey Bats.

...but you're worse than the team you ended the year with. No? You can't tell me losing Price doesn't make the Jays a worse team.

I'm also not sure why you won't just pay Donaldson. If anybody deserves to be paid it's him.

Also, to Bruce or not to Bruce that is the question.

SystemCrashOverRide
02-09-2019, 10:32 AM
It's time to revive this thread. I know the excitement has been severely lacking these last two seasons - but I'm officially pumped for this rebuild and can't wait to see Vladdy in the batters box mashing his way through the AL pitchers.

Rogers knows it's going to be a whacky season, so I'm looking forward to cheap tickets, weird promotion events, and watching the first time big leaguers come out to prove they deserve to be there.

Anyone else excited?

Mattrick
02-09-2019, 03:05 PM

Like a GAWD
DAMN
BOSS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laEN-0taX2I

Mattrick
02-09-2019, 03:12 PM
It's time to revive this thread. I know the excitement has been severely lacking these last two seasons - but I'm officially pumped for this rebuild and can't wait to see Vladdy in the batters box mashing his way through the AL pitchers.

Rogers knows it's going to be a whacky season, so I'm looking forward to cheap tickets, weird promotion events, and watching the first time big leaguers come out to prove they deserve to be there.

Anyone else excited?

I am. It was hard for me to be invested last year. As much of a Jays fan as I am, it's still a casual fanship. I probably only watch 40-50 games out of the season, especially if it goes downhill fairly early. But if we hit August and they're in it, I'll probably ended up watching half the season by the end of it. I usually go see a game near the start of the year and one near the end. I like to hang out at Ted's Porch out in centre field for the first few innings. It's a great vantage point.

But while I couldn't get invested in last season, I spend half of that season looking forward to this season!

Still Servant
02-10-2019, 02:09 PM

Anyone else excited?

I am. It was hard for me to be invested last year. As much of a Jays fan as I am, it's still a casual fanship. I probably only watch 40-50 games out of the season, especially if it goes downhill fairly early. But if we hit August and they're in it, I'll probably ended up watching half the season by the end of it. I usually go see a game near the start of the year and one near the end. I like to hang out at Ted's Porch out in centre field for the first few innings. It's a great vantage point.

But while I couldn't get invested in last season, I spend half of that season looking forward to this season!

The story for the Jays is going to be when do they call Vlad Jr. up. Once his Super 2 date passes, he will be up and he makes the Jays instantly watchable.

Now, I'm not going to sit here and tell you he's Babe Ruth. His father is one of my favorite players of all-time and I don't think Vlad Jr. will be as good of an overall player as his father, but the bat might be just as good, maybe better. That's saying something. People forget that early in Vlad's career he stole 40 bases and we all know about his arm.

Vlad Jr. is an absolute butcher at 3B. I've seen him in person. Yes, it's possible for him to get better, but he will have to show better effort first. He looked disinterested to me in the field. He lacks mobility and has a thick lower half. I see him as a first baseman, but in all honesty, he's a DH.

Either way, it should be a fun summer once he gets to Toronto. Also, Bichette Jr. isn't far away either.

PS: It's okay if I post here even though I'm not a Jays fan, right? I wasn't sure if this thread has rules like the other one.

SystemCrashOverRide
02-10-2019, 08:06 PM
Absolutely fine to post.

As for Vladdy being not as good as his father... I'm not so sure. He is after all THE number 1 prospect in all of the MLB. He doesn't have to be good at the hot corner, he just needs to be serviceable and he should be worth a somewhat obscene WAR.

I'm not drinking the koolaid, just listening to the scouts. They all seem to agree that he will be an all-star.

I'm excited for Bo Bichette (Boba Fett) to join him, and if we could pack the batters line up with a third or fourth menacing bat, it will be a joy to watch.

I'm pumped to see what the grapefruit league brings and how Vlad steps up with his defence. It's likely going to be a shit season as far as wins and losses go, but I imagine there will be some fun streaky shenanigans along the way, and a LOT of development from the young guns.

We shall see! Only a few days until Spring Training kicks off.

Mattrick
02-10-2019, 08:39 PM
Jays got the series easy this year! lol

SystemCrashOverRide
02-10-2019, 10:12 PM
Jays got the series easy this year! lol

Hahahahahahaha. But, no.

Still Servant
02-11-2019, 05:31 PM
Absolutely fine to post.

As for Vladdy being not as good as his father... I'm not so sure. He is after all THE number 1 prospect in all of the MLB. He doesn't have to be good at the hot corner, he just needs to be serviceable and he should be worth a somewhat obscene WAR.

I'm not drinking the koolaid, just listening to the scouts. They all seem to agree that he will be an all-star.

I'm excited for Bo Bichette (Boba Fett) to join him, and if we could pack the batters line up with a third or fourth menacing bat, it will be a joy to watch.

I'm pumped to see what the grapefruit league brings and how Vlad steps up with his defence. It's likely going to be a shit season as far as wins and losses go, but I imagine there will be some fun streaky shenanigans along the way, and a LOT of development from the young guns.

We shall see! Only a few days until Spring Training kicks off.

I think he will be an All-Star too. Buuuut, his dad is a Hall of Famer. That's lofty expectations to put on anyone.

His dad was the #2 prospect in baseball one year. Right behind Andruw Jones, which I always thought was wrong. I felt that Vlad was the better prospect and he went on to have the better career.

SystemCrashOverRide
03-27-2019, 12:13 PM
The countdown is officially on, less than 24 hours to the Opening Day home game against the Tigers.

I'll be in attendance, very exciting times!

Mattrick
03-27-2019, 12:53 PM
I can't wait. It's been a hard year for me a sports fan. Ottawa is the laughing stock of the NHL :'(

Mattrick
04-24-2019, 06:06 PM
I was at last night's game with the grand slam in the 8th. Almost took that one. Excited to see Vlad on Friday!

Still Servant
04-25-2019, 02:41 PM
I was at last night's game with the grand slam in the 8th. Almost took that one. Excited to see Vlad on Friday!

Me too. I mean about seeing Vlad, not about being at the game.

Mattrick
04-25-2019, 04:20 PM

Me too. I mean about seeing Vlad, not about being at the game.

I was really excited that I might see his debut, but, alas...not so lucky. Was right out at the bar in center field during the Pillar tribute though. He got a good reception.

Mattrick
04-28-2019, 04:31 PM
What a great series, sweeping the A's not just for the weekend, but for the entire season. Sogard is on the run of his career. Drury destroyed the Athletics this season...think he was like 13 for 25 against them. Guerrero Jr. looked totally fine in his debut series. That 11th inning today was hype. Hoping we can keep the good run going. We've been playing really good baseball for the past couple weeks.

Mattrick
05-29-2019, 05:24 PM
I've been too sick and miserable this month and I've really fallout out with the Jays the past few weeks...but GO RAPTORS!!! NBA FINALS BITCHES!!!!

SystemCrashOverRide
03-06-2021, 01:09 PM
Reviving a dead thread because the future looks bright for the Jays once again. With the addition of George Springer, Vlad's much improved physique, and some bolstered pitching (although, not enough) - I think we're in for a very fun season. Guys like Bo, Vlad, Cavan, and Lourdes are all set to have stellar (full) seasons, so the excitement is starting to build.

It's truly a shame that the powers that be have killed off proper radio coverage/play-by-play. Simulcast coverage is better than nothing, but it feels like a huge misstep in my opinion.

Here's hoping they can play a good portion of the year back in the Skydome - but that's entirely dependent on Covid, so... fingers crossed.

Anyone else following the Jays this year?

Merlin1958
03-06-2021, 01:31 PM
Reviving a dead thread because the future looks bright for the Jays once again. With the addition of George Springer, Vlad's much improved physique, and some bolstered pitching (although, not enough) - I think we're in for a very fun season. Guys like Bo, Vlad, Cavan, and Lourdes are all set to have stellar (full) seasons, so the excitement is starting to build.

It's truly a shame that the powers that be have killed off proper radio coverage/play-by-play. Simulcast coverage is better than nothing, but it feels like a huge misstep in my opinion.

Here's hoping they can play a good portion of the year back in the Skydome - but that's entirely dependent on Covid, so... fingers crossed.

I like to check often to see how far behind the Yankees they are!!!! lol j/k

Best of luck to you guys and may the best team win!!!

Mattrick
03-07-2021, 11:47 AM

It's been about really exciting off season with the additions of Springer and Simeon. Pitching isn't fantastic, but I've really think it's a good idea for them to see what they got and try to make a move for the deadline. If they can compete all season with what they have, they have the entire off season next year to try and snag some starters.

It's been a sad bit though in terms of audio. Not only is Wilner and the radio broadcasts gone, but Sid also left Tim and Sid and Brian Burke in President of the Penguins now. A lot of changes in the sports reporting world in Toronto.

I just hope Dunedin will be okay to play in and hopefully by the time July rolls around they can play in Toronto. Even if I can't go see a game (another summer without going), it will be nice to see the home field for the first time since those intrasquad games last June.

Still Servant
03-08-2021, 04:37 PM
A nice young talented core of players. I don't think Biggio ends up being a major player for them. I think he will be exposed the more ABs he has against MLB pitching. They have Austin Martin on the way, so I could see him pushing Biggio. Should be interesting to see what Vlad does now that he's slimmed down. I kept telling people they were crazy to think he was going to be better than his dad and so far I'm right. That said, he should be better than he's shown so far.

When it comes to the pitching, they really need Pearson to become an ace.

SystemCrashOverRide
03-11-2021, 01:49 PM
Sharing a bit of pre season hype:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MLB/status/1370080745306402830

Randall Flagg
03-15-2021, 05:48 PM
Forgive me, but where are the "Toronto" Blue Jays playing there home games this season?

Merlin1958
03-15-2021, 06:13 PM
Forgive me, but where are the "Toronto" Blue Jays playing there home games this season?

Inevitably, "The Toilet". lol lol

J/K the, Jays will be a formidable adversary in deed!!!!

CRinVA
03-16-2021, 05:55 AM

In Florida I think!

SystemCrashOverRide
03-16-2021, 08:04 AM
Yes it looks like we'll be a merry traveling band this season. If we're lucky, they'll play in the dome at some point but otherwise, it will most likely be a combination of Florida and Buffalo.

Merlin1958
03-16-2021, 03:00 PM
Yes it looks like we'll be a merry traveling band this season. If we're lucky, they'll play in the dome at some point but otherwise, it will most likely be a combination of Florida and Buffalo.

That really sucks for the, Jays. I know it can't be avoided, but still, no home field? That blows!!! I know how much, Yankee Stadium means to the Boys from Da Bronx. And the, Jays look like very tough competition for the division this year. It would be a shame for it to come down to the field, for sure.

Of course, Fuck it, I'll take it!!! LOL LOL Don't Canadians play Hockey? lol lol

Mattrick
03-20-2021, 09:41 AM
The New Player Development Complex in Dunedin is incredibly impressive. I think it'll have a big long-term impact on the team's success.

https://youtu.be/wA8_sXKiIfY

SystemCrashOverRide
04-01-2021, 01:10 PM
Now that's a good way to start the season. Let's Gooooo

Mattrick
04-03-2021, 08:00 PM
Game Two was a bit disappointing. Maybe I shouldn't have texted my friend about how much I liked what I saw out of Dolis last season. Maybe he wouldn't have loaded the bases with walks in the 6yth.

Mattrick
04-28-2021, 02:28 PM
What a career game by Vladdy!

7 RBI
3 HR
Grand Slam

He almost hit for the home run cycle!

SystemCrashOverRide
04-28-2021, 02:57 PM
George Springer debuts tonight! Very excited to see him play in a Blue Jay uniform.

SystemCrashOverRide
09-14-2021, 07:20 AM
LETS GOOOO!!!

I feel the need to revive this thread after the last few weeks of play - the Jays have been on an unreal tear, breaking and setting new records, and generally being a God Damn hoot to watch.

I know there aren't a ton of Canadians here, and even fewer Canadian baseball fans, but I hope someone else has been enjoying this season as much as I have.

webstar1000
09-14-2021, 10:39 AM
LETS GOOOO!!!

I feel the need to revive this thread after the last few weeks of play - the Jays have been on an unreal tear, breaking and setting new records, and generally being a God Damn hoot to watch.

I know there aren't a ton of Canadians here, and even fewer Canadian baseball fans, but I hope someone else has been enjoying this season as much as I have.

KILLIN IT.

Mattrick
09-15-2021, 08:38 PM
I had to watch today's game on mute during my lecture. Fucking Trash Birds has to give the Yanks a win tonight.

SystemCrashOverRide
09-16-2021, 06:30 AM
Orioles love to play spoiler, they may be the worst in the AL East, but they're always game to throw a wrench in the works. Regardless, we took two of three from Tampa and Captain Tight Pants was electric - so I'll happily take it.

SystemCrashOverRide
09-29-2021, 07:51 PM
What a game!!! An absolute nail biter, my heart was in my throat for the whole back half of the game. We need game three and then to dominate the Orioles all the way to the end. Man oh man.