PDA

View Full Version : Steven Erikson: Malazan Book of the Fallen

frik
03-27-2015, 02:06 PM
I'm not really sure if I'm allowed to ask this question here. If not, please delete this thread.

I own three of the SubPress numbered editions of Erikson's amazing fantasy series. These are books 2,3 and 4:

*Deadhouse Gates #334
*Memories of Ice #334
*House of Chains #334

I have an offer of $225 for each book, but as I'm including the rights to the rest of the series, I'm not sure if this is a fair offer.
The books were $150.00 each.

Thoughts or advice anyone??

sk

mkb.redux
03-27-2015, 03:47 PM
These are pretty hard to find; I haven't seen a matched number set come up in a while. A quick check on ABE shows little/nothing; the eBay auction results don't turn up any sets, and the individual title sales are a mixed bag. So: no definitive recent comps, so your sale would set the market.

I'm not an Erikson collector, but if I was I would certainly be a buyer at that price, and would consider it a great deal.

Aronstg
03-28-2015, 12:16 PM
I think that is fair. I sold a copy of memories of ice for $180 but I didn't have any matching numbers to go along with it. Obviously this would be a steal if you had Gardens of Moons Haha.

Consequently, if you know of anyone looking for any of the Malazan books flatsigned, let me know. I have a couple.

frik
03-28-2015, 01:16 PM
I'm not an Erikson collector, but if I was I would certainly be a buyer at that price, and would consider it a great deal.

But I'm the seller. So, if I understand you correctly, $225.00 each would be a great deal for the buyer and not for me?

sk

mkb.redux
03-28-2015, 02:12 PM

But I'm the seller. So, if I understand you correctly, $225.00 each would be a great deal for the buyer and not for me?

sk

Not necessarily; it's a handy return on your original investment. Without comps, the only way to know if it's a good deal is if both you and the buyer are happy.