PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Haven Auction #42 Stephen King Signed Revival

Randall Flagg
03-18-2015, 01:37 PM
http://p.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/logos/logoEbay_x45.gif
AUCTION LINK (http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/201311188847?)

TheDarkTower.org (http://www.thedarktower.org/)is proud to auction this new, unique and fine Collectible item. For your consideration is a signed 1st Edition, of Stephen King's "Revival". King signed this book for an event in Florida in January 2015.

Thanks to Dt.org member EXPLORER for this kind donation.

Randall Flagg
03-18-2015, 04:27 PM
I'm aware that market rate for this book is ~$190, but this is for our fundraiser and the hope is that there will be a bit of good will.
If the book sells for over $250 to a current member on the site, I promise to toss something in that will be a pleasant surprise. The higher it goes over $250, the more pleasant the surprise.

Check the RF Grab Bag thread-I over deliver.

dnemec
03-18-2015, 05:08 PM
Very cool, RF and Explorer!

Merlin1958
03-18-2015, 05:40 PM
No brodart cover? Geez!!! LOL J/K wonderful item!!!

Randall Flagg
03-18-2015, 06:06 PM
Removed for pics.
You really are the ruinater...ruinator? (my own new word for a person who no matter how good something may be; they ruin it).

Merlin1958
03-18-2015, 06:32 PM
Removed for pics.
You really are the ruinater...ruinator? (my own new word for a person who no matter how good something may be; they ruin it).

I was just kidding. Trying to come up with something other than "Wow, Awesome Item"!!! LOL LOL However, now it's kinda out there...

Wow, Awesome Item!!!!

Patrick
03-20-2015, 08:01 PM
I like.

Theli
03-20-2015, 10:07 PM
Very cool deal for the folk on the board!

herbertwest
03-21-2015, 02:46 PM
Already higher than 250 ;)

Merlin1958
03-22-2015, 07:53 PM
This does seem to be doing rather well. Way to go, bidders!!!

Patrick
03-25-2015, 02:00 PM
Someone paid > 30% over market value for this? What a buffoon.

Randall Flagg
03-25-2015, 02:15 PM
A sucker is born every day.
Perhaps they overbid to get a dt.org bookmark...

T-Dogz_AK47
03-25-2015, 02:32 PM

Well, that's worth the price of admission alone! :D

Patrick
03-25-2015, 03:10 PM
U

Throw 'em a COA. I bet they'll love that.

Merlin1958
03-25-2015, 03:46 PM

U

Throw 'em a COA. I bet they'll love that.

Perhaps, they were being charitable.

wolfehr
03-25-2015, 06:29 PM
Was the buyer a current member on the site? RF mentioned throwing in something nice if a member won and the purchase price was over $250, and the purchase price was $250.01. And as Merlin mentioned, the auction says "100% of the net proceeds of this auction go to The Haven Foundation." so it's possible the winner didn't mind over paying since the proceeds were going to charity. (shrug)

Randall Flagg
03-25-2015, 06:36 PM
Was the buyer a current member on the site? RF mentioned throwing in something nice if a member won and the purchase price was over $250, and the purchase price was $250.01. And as Merlin mentioned, the auction says "100% of the net proceeds of this auction go to The Haven Foundation." so it's possible the winner didn't mind over paying since the proceeds were going to charity. (shrug)
I can't disclose the winner.
There probably was some "good will" associated with the winning price, but only the bidders can say for sure.
Were the winner to be a member of the site, they likely found out about the auction from here, and will be anticipating something as a bonus.

I never let a buyer down.

Merlin1958
03-25-2015, 06:39 PM
There probably was some "good will" associated with the winning price, but only the bidders can say for sure.
Were the winner to be a member of the site, they likely found out about the auction from here, and will be anticipating something as a bonus.

That's right!!! Cause, YOU ARE DA MAN!!!

Patrick
03-25-2015, 06:57 PM
Jerome is certainly the man. So is Explorer who donated this signed book in the first place.

Perhaps the buyer bid so far over market for the honor of simply being associated with those two great men. They're generous and handsome too.

Merlin1958
03-25-2015, 07:13 PM
Jerome is certainly the man. So is Explorer who donated this signed book in the first place.

Perhaps the buyer bid so far over market for the honor of simply being associated with those two great men. They're generous and handsome too.

I'll sign on for generous, absolutely!!! Handsome? I'm better looking than both and taller, ladies? LOL LOL LOL

Patrick
03-25-2015, 07:41 PM
Ha ha ha!

For that price, I hope Explorer and/or Jerome at least throws in a flyer or ticket from the event for provenance. And a glossy 8 x 10 of the them together, preferably inscribed and signed to the lucky chump who overpaid.

Merlin1958
03-25-2015, 07:47 PM
Ha ha ha!

For that price, I hope Explorer and/or Jerome at least throws in a flyer or ticket from the event for provenance. And a glossy 8 x 10 of the them together, preferably inscribed and signed to the lucky chump who overpaid.

I'll offer this in solace....

http://imageshack.com/a/img843/5898/kingmerlinkingzps969c13.jpg

Patrick
03-25-2015, 07:53 PM
My eyes!!!!

Merlin1958
03-25-2015, 07:55 PM
My eyes!!!!

Oh, c'mon!!! You know how hard I had to work on those "AB's"????? LOL

Patrick
03-25-2015, 07:59 PM
So some schmuck way overpaid for a book and now will have to wade through all our drivel looking for any posts of actual value - of which there are none. Poor bastard.

Merlin1958
03-25-2015, 08:07 PM
So some schmuck way overpaid for a book and now will have to wade through all our drivel looking for any posts of actual value - of which there are none. Poor bastard.

Patrick, I like and respect you, but some of your posts here in an HF thread kinda befuddle me. If the gentleman overpaid, it was likely in the spirit of donating to the cause. In point of fact, what if it was, I, through filters that donated to the cause. Or, Jerome? What then? I once donated $5,000 to play in a foursome with "Yogi Berra" for a Juvenile Diabetes event. Afterwards, they had a "silent auction" and I bid and won a signed "Willis Reed" basketball. Did I overpay? You bet your ass, but it was for a good cause.

I think, in light of recent events, that we all need to take a step back and reflect, myself included.

Patrick
03-25-2015, 08:30 PM
You make excellent points, Bill. I neglected to mention that I know the buyer so it's all in good fun.

tippy4
03-25-2015, 08:39 PM
Knowing Patrick (I have never heard him say a mean thing about another person).....my assumption from his first post was that HE was the buyer.

Merlin1958
03-25-2015, 08:55 PM
You make excellent points, Bill. I neglected to mention that I know the buyer so it's all in good fun.

Well, now I feel like an ass, but my intentions were good. I'll be happy to throw in an "extra" or two as well.

Edit: Damn, I should have known what was going on, but with all the other drama, I was distracted!!! WTG, Pats!!!! :Ball Kick:

Patrick
03-25-2015, 09:08 PM
Since I've been flicking a lot of shit, I suppose I should mention how I actually see things. Here are my poorly worded (doing this on my phone late at night) reasons to pay overmarket:

1. It is for a worthwhile charity, so make a donation. Paying market price isn't truly donating, it's buying from a vendor you want to support. Both are cool, but they are not the same thing.

2. Support your friends' efforts to do a good thing. If Jerome or Explorer were going to run a race or do some other work for charity with a goal in mind, I'd donate with no expectation of any tangible return.

3. Donate even more in order to show your appreciation and support for some related extra effort they are putting in to meet their stated fundraising goal. For example, I tend to donate more if a friend is running a marathon vs a 10K. It recognizes the extra effort, helps motivate the people doing the charity work, and it adds to the fun and keeps the momentum moving forward.

4. Last, and most certainly least, the extra stuff you may get. For me personally, this is almost never a factor. I consider it a gift of appreciation and I accept it in that spirit.

Merlin1958
03-25-2015, 09:12 PM
Since I've been flicking a lot of shit, I suppose I should mention how I actually see things. Here are my poorly worded (doing this on my phone late at night) reasons to pay overmarket:

1. It is for a worthwhile charity, so make a donation. Paying market price isn't truly donation, it's buying from a vendor you want to support. Both are cool, but they are not the same thing.

2. Support your friends' efforts to do a good thing. If Jerome or Explorer were going to run a race or do some other work for charity with a goal in mind, I'd donate with no expectation of any tangible return.

3. Donate even more in order to show your appreciation and support for some related extra effort they are putting in to meet their stated fundraising goal. For example, I tend to donate more if a friend is running a marathon vs a 10K. It recognizes the extra effort, helps motivate the people doing the charity work, and it adds to the fun and keeps the momentum moving forward.

4. Last, and most certainly least, the extra stuff you may get. For me personally, this is almost never a factor. I consider it a gift of appreciation and I accept it in that spirit.

Good points, all. Sorry I was too obtuse to see them initially. My bad.

Patrick
03-25-2015, 09:38 PM
Not bad at all, Bill. Your comments came from a good place and were made with good intention.

webstar1000
03-26-2015, 03:18 AM
What a fun read this thread was this AM for me. I thought Patrick was being serious! hahaha Cool guys!

wolfehr
03-26-2015, 03:24 AM

It's good to know privacy is taken seriously! Just for the record, was intended as a hypothetical question :)

Kudos to the winner for donating to a good cause, and I'm sure they're in for a treat. I've heard rumors RF tends to over deliver ;)

Patrick
03-26-2015, 08:54 AM
What a fun read this thread was this AM for me. I thought Patrick was being serious! hahaha Cool guys!
I crack me up, so I'm glad to hear that someone was entertained besides myself.

Theli
03-26-2015, 10:29 AM
^I had a good chuckle

Patrick
03-26-2015, 10:53 AM
Knowing Patrick (I have never heard him say a mean thing about another person).....my assumption from his first post was that HE was the buyer.
Smart man (and thank you).

Glad to hear it, Theli.

Now where's my damned package already, Jerome? Sheesh.

Randall Flagg
03-26-2015, 11:37 AM
Mailed today,
Here's your schwag:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1427398387-Revival%20schwag.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1427398397-COA.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1427398409-Patrick%208x10.JPG

wolfehr
03-26-2015, 11:40 AM
That's some nice swag, and the COA is from the future!!!! ;)

zelig
03-26-2015, 11:40 AM
Love the COA.

wolfehr
03-26-2015, 11:41 AM
Love the COA.

Honestly my favorite part of the package! I like the signed photo too.

goheat
03-26-2015, 11:54 AM
Love the COA.

Honestly my favorite part of the package! I like the signed photo too.

Who said COA's have no value? :wink:

Dano
03-26-2015, 12:12 PM
The sig placement is PRICELESS!!!

Dan

Randall Flagg
03-26-2015, 12:32 PM
The sig placement is PRICELESS!!!

Dan
I did have to get back a bit at "Waldo".

Merlin1958
03-26-2015, 01:11 PM
If I may, I would like one of those "COA's" for my, Austin, signed book, Jerome!!!! I'll even donate to the widget for it!!! $10 sound good????

Edit: In fact, maybe everyone that has a signed "Revival" should do the same????? $10 to the widget = a bonafide "COA"??????

Ben Staad
03-26-2015, 01:24 PM
That is great. You should provide that COA for all of your auctions.

Merlin1958
03-26-2015, 01:29 PM

That's a good idea, but I think that the fact that you can buy one for a $10 tax deductible donation is kinda "Poetic", no?

Randall Flagg
03-26-2015, 01:31 PM

That's a good idea, but I think that the fact that you can buy one for a $10 tax deductible donation is kinda "Poetic", no?
You can't "buy" my COA. It only comes with a legitimate item that I have personally examined.

Merlin1958
03-26-2015, 01:45 PM

You can't "buy" my COA. It only comes with a legitimate item that I have personally examined.

LOL Okay, say I "vouch" for them? LOL

Patrick
03-26-2015, 02:43 PM
Jerome, this is fucking awesome! I am dying! The photo and the COA are a collector's wet dream. Or maybe that's just me.

webstar1000
03-26-2015, 02:43 PM
That is awesome RF! If you need me to design something for Ya!!! It's on me:)

Lot guy
03-26-2015, 04:48 PM
Mailed today,
Here's your schwag:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1427398387-Revival%20schwag.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1427398397-COA.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1427398409-Patrick%208x10.JPG

Now why am I not surprised Glen is in the photo