PDA

View Full Version : Fix that film!! (A DT.org Exercise)

Still Servant
03-10-2015, 05:34 PM
I thought about a thread like this a while ago, but with the release of Chappie it's now more timely than ever. The idea behind the thread is to choose a film and fix it.

I think it will be a lot of fun for all of us to chime in and give ideas on a certain film that could have made it better. Obviously, it's just for fun and none of us are saying we can make a film better than Hollywood. (For the record, I think if we collaborated we could make one hell of a film.)

We can fix any aspect of the film from the director, to the casting, to the plot and everything in between.

I envision a thread like this fizzling out eventually, but in the meantime, let's have a little fun. Obviously, there will be spoilers abound. Since I mentioned it above, the first film we will fix is Chappie.

Fix that film: Chappie

Mattrick
03-10-2015, 05:50 PM
Without taking casting problems into account, this:

Relegate the criminals to a chunk of the movie in the middle. Take out all the scenes about them and the guy they owe money to as they are unnecessary. Compartmentalize all the Chappie being taught to me a criminal stuff as just an example of how young minds can be manipulated. Take out the whole Yolanda is Chappie's mom thing since it was COMPLETELY unnecessary and added nothing to the plot or themes. Make Hugh Jackman a bigger character since he's both terrified and maligned by A.I., in contrast to the supreme, human A.I. Deon believes in. Also needs to be more questions asked on THE PURPOSE OF MACHINES BEING ABLE TO APPRECIATE ART etc, since really...wtf IS THE POINT? Why would someone want to create a robot like that? What purpose does it serve? Deon is also too placid and 'the good guy': the movie would be far more interesting if both Deon and Jackman were two sides of the same coin, one obsessed with the notion of being God and the other obsessed with preventing man becoming God. Also, I would totally redo the action at the end...the best part is at the very beginning and the rest was stagnant and emotionless (i.e. Amerika, the only actual actor in the criminal circuit and the one who actually felt human and is good in other movies/TV, was the only death that meant anything to me and the only one that was awesome). I would redo this movie from the ground up. Also, I WOULD HAVE SOMEONE TEACH CHAPPIE THAT TALKING IN THE THIRD PERSON IS FUCKING ANNOYING.

Merlin1958
03-10-2015, 05:52 PM
Without taking casting problems into account, this:

Relegate the criminals to a chunk of the movie in the middle. Take out all the scenes about them and the guy they owe money to as they are unnecessary. Compartmentalize all the Chappie being taught to me a criminal stuff as just an example of how young minds can be manipulated. Take out the whole Yolanda is Chappie's mom thing since it was COMPLETELY unnecessary and added nothing to the plot or themes. Make Hugh Jackman a bigger character since he's both terrified and maligned by A.I., in contrast to the supreme, human A.I. Deon believes in. Also needs to be more questions asked on THE PURPOSE OF MACHINES BEING ABLE TO APPRECIATE ART etc, since really...wtf IS THE POINT? Why would someone want to create a robot like that? What purpose does it serve? Deon is also too placid and 'the good guy': the movie would be far more interesting if both Deon and Jackman were two sides of the same coin, one obsessed with the notion of being God and the other obsessed with preventing man becoming God. Also, I would totally redo the action at the end...the best part is at the very beginning and the rest was stagnant and emotionless (i.e. Amerika, the only actual actor in the criminal circuit and the one who actually felt human and is good in other movies/TV, was the only death that meant anything to me and the only one that was awesome). I would redo this movie from the ground up. Also, I WOULD HAVE SOMEONE TEACH CHAPPIE THAT TALKING IN THE THIRD PERSON IS FUCKING ANNOYING.

And you are not directing the new "Alien" movie, why??

Mattrick
03-10-2015, 06:03 PM
They didn't ask.

Merlin1958
03-10-2015, 06:09 PM
They didn't ask.

Need I say more?

Still Servant
03-10-2015, 06:15 PM
Love it, love it, love it, Matt. I agree with everything you said except for the first person thing. I don't really care if Chappie talks in the first person, I just found it annoying when he started trying to sound like a thug with an annoying South African accent. That's what really did it for me.

Just to add to your changes, I would beef up Weaver's role. Her character was basically pointless. What I would have done is make her go after Deon and Chappie. She finds out that Deon has gone rogue and created an AI that is sentient. This is a big no-no that could potentially have massive ramifications, because of this Weaver orders a full on assault on Chappie and Deon using the Scouts. This is where the thugs could actually come into play in a more natural way. Deon ends up enlisting the help of the thugs to fight off the police.

The theme that ends up creeping into the film is a very timely one, and that is the little man taking on the tyrannical fist of the state. This is something that is in the news (in America at least) more and more. A police force that is becoming more and more powerful and seemingly taking that power out on the lower class. Think L.A. riots.

Mattrick
03-10-2015, 09:01 PM
They didn't ask.

Need I say more?

Yes, you should. You talk like I can't interpret passive-aggressive insults lol

Theli
03-11-2015, 12:11 AM
I'm gonna skip the Chappie comments, because I have yet to see it, and am still quite looking forward to it. However I will say that Star Wars could be improved with Han shooting first... just sayin' is all.

Mattrick
03-11-2015, 02:35 PM
Do we just put another film for fixing? I say we make the title of the film(s) we're talking about in real big bold font in our posts, unless we're just sticking to Chappie until it's run it's course, to lesson people getting spoiled on a film.

Merlin1958
03-11-2015, 02:39 PM
Do we just put another film for fixing? I say we make the title of the film(s) we're talking about in real big bold font in our posts, unless we're just sticking to Chappie until it's run it's course, to lesson people getting spoiled on a film.

"to lesson people getting spoiled on a film." Herr Director, check your spelling? Your humble assistant.

Still Servant
03-11-2015, 03:08 PM

Good idea about putting the name of the film we are talking about in bold of each post.

I think you and I are the only ones that have seen Chappie and we went pretty in depth in our posts, so we could move on to another film if somebody has one.

Mattrick
03-11-2015, 03:27 PM

"to lesson people getting spoiled on a film." Herr Director, check your spelling? Your humble assistant.

Didn't I already tell you before I have a neurological disorder right now? I'm pretty prone to write the wrong word when two words sound the same, at the moment. It happens a lot. Please, inform me of every time I make such a mistake. Then I can let my doctor know how often such occurrences happen so we can monitor the rate of my recovery more effectively.

Merlin1958
03-11-2015, 05:22 PM

Didn't I already tell you before I have a neurological disorder right now? I'm pretty prone to write the wrong word when two words sound the same, at the moment. It happens a lot. Please, inform me of every time I make such a mistake. Then I can let my doctor know how often such occurrences happen so we can monitor the rate of my recovery more effectively.

No problem. Happy to help out.

Mattrick
03-11-2015, 07:03 PM
I don't think you grasped the point of this thread, Billz.

Moving on.

Love it, love it, love it, Matt. I agree with everything you said except for the first person thing. I don't really care if Chappie talks in the first person, I just found it annoying when he started trying to sound like a thug with an annoying South African accent. That's what really did it for me.

My biggest problem with the third person speech is that it felt like it was trying to make Chappie cuter, more markettable, which kind of derailed the entire point of Chappie to me...we're supposed to essentially accept Chappie as a human consciousness yet Blomkamp separates Chappie from us, I think, with the third person...did it even HAVE a personality or did it just imitate everything it seen like a robot programmed to immitate? Is Chappie a commentary on society as being full of programmed humans? I have no idea either way.

Just to add to your changes, I would beef up Weaver's role. Her character was basically pointless. What I would have done is make her go after Deon and Chappie. She finds out that Deon has gone rogue and created an AI that is sentient. This is a big no-no that could potentially have massive ramifications, because of this Weaver orders a full on assault on Chappie and Deon using the Scouts. This is where the thugs could actually come into play in a more natural way. Deon ends up enlisting the help of the thugs to fight off the police.

Yes, Weaver was entirely wasted. It felt as if he was forced to maybe cut out her whole plotline...or it was never written. I don't know. And yes, your integration of the thugs makes sense, though it would be more effective if the crazy master criminal had Chappie instead of those witless criminals who can't even hold a gun.

The theme that ends up creeping into the film is a very timely one, and that is the little man taking on the tyrannical fist of the state. This is something that is in the news (in America at least) more and more. A police force that is becoming more and more powerful and seemingly taking that power out on the lower class. Think L.A. riots.

It creeps into the film but it wasn't enough of a focal point. It seemed to be going in that direction, but then they abandoned it with Die Antwoord met Chappie. But then Blomkamp shows society instantly dissolve into utter chaos when the Scouts are removed, with rioting and the criminal element taking over, which actually enforces the idea of a police state being necessary; or did society become tat way because of the police state? I'm not sure what the heck he meant to say.

fernandito
03-12-2015, 08:06 AM
Haven't seen Chappie so can't contribute.
Will wait for next film.

Mattrick
03-12-2015, 10:25 AM
You have any suggestions Fernando? I've been trying to think of a good one and for the life of me I can't. The only movie coming to mind for me is Prometheus and we've kind of talked all the problems it had out over the past two years.

Theli
03-12-2015, 12:31 PM
How about fixing Carrie (2013)? I have some thoughts on it. While I think it is important to differentiate between it and the DePalma classic, I do feel there was many things that could have been improved upon without completely changing the tone.

Theli
03-12-2015, 12:38 PM
The fact that is a modernized retelling isn't one of the problems, however the way in which it was handled was lacking. I felt that with the modernization there should have been more of a focus on online bullying. While this aspect is touched upon, it's mostly in the prom scene, which ultimately was not a depiction of online bullying, but instead just regular bullying. Carrie's complete lack of knowledge of computers ends up being a detriment to the themes explored in the film. It's understandable that a sheltered kid without a computer wouldn't be as apt with technology, however any teen that attends public school in Canada or America these days has full access to computers, and wouldn't be nearly as ignorant as Carrie appears to be.

Another aspect that needed much improvement was the ending, we no longer feel the terror or intensity of the DePalma version, or King's original novel, instead it plays out more like a super hero movie. We cheer for Carrie and her superpowers. I also think the extreme use of CGI at the end takes out of the believability of the film. An amazing cast though, just wish they had done more with it.

Still Servant
03-12-2015, 02:55 PM
Carrie

I haven't seen Carrie yet, but I can say that one of the potential problems I saw in the trailer is that Chloe Grace Moretz was just too damn pretty to play Carrie. Spacek had this odd beauty to her, but she wasn't traditionally beautiful.

I'm also trying to think of movies to fix, but I can't think of any right now. I've talked about fixing the Die Hard franchise enough on here, so I doubt people want to talk about that again. I'm sure we will think of movies as the year goes on.

Heather19
03-12-2015, 03:10 PM
I agree. That was my main problem with Carrie. It was hard to see her as such an outcast. I love her as an actress, don't get me wrong, but she was way too pretty. Even when they had her try to look awkward it just didn't really work for me.

Mattrick
03-12-2015, 04:38 PM
Carrie

I don't have an issue with her not being odd looking. I also wouldn't considering Moretz as being traditionally beautiful either, her beauty is modest. I liked that the new Carrie was more about her being a freak instead of looking like one. Small differences and approaches aside, I like both Carries equally.

Out of all these, this is the only one I liked. It's both a play on words and totally ironic since Carrie the the polar opposite of calm here haha
http://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/uploads/keep-calm-20110223-181851.jpg

Still Servant
03-12-2015, 04:43 PM
Carrie

I also wouldn't considering Moretz as being traditionally beautiful either, her beauty is modest.

Modest? We clearly have different definitions of the word "modest."

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/0d/df/03/0ddf034d43d6564abb58b8dc117b9100.jpg

Ricky
03-12-2015, 05:13 PM
Another aspect that needed much improvement was the ending...instead it plays out more like a super hero movie. We cheer for Carrie and her superpowers. I also think the extreme use of CGI at the end takes out of the believability of the film. An amazing cast though, just wish they had done more with it.

Totally agree. Those points you mentioned were also some that I mentioned in my review: Carrie Review (https://reviewsfromthecouch.wordpress.com/2014/05/27/carrie-2013/).

Mattrick
03-13-2015, 08:17 AM
Carrie

I also wouldn't considering Moretz as being traditionally beautiful either, her beauty is modest.

Modest? We clearly have different definitions of the word "modest."

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/0d/df/03/0ddf034d43d6564abb58b8dc117b9100.jpg

Modest: free from ostentation or showy extravagance: a modest house.

Compare Chloe Moretz with a lot of other young female stars of the past while. She's certainly not the sex pot a lot of them are. She's attractive but she's homely attractive in the sense she's more ordinary than this
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/3a/91/bb/3a91bb2e574a830a39876e86b48b067d.jpg
http://ossuary.best-horror-movies.com/m/photos/get_image/file/ed90adb07e324c15b138fe0bffed2eb1.jpg

fernandito
03-13-2015, 08:19 AM
I agree with Matt's assertion of her modest goods looks. Maybe when she's a bit older.

Heather19
03-13-2015, 09:59 AM
http://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/uploads/keep-calm-20110223-181851.jpg

Love this

Mattrick
03-13-2015, 12:25 PM
I'm curious since a lot of people aren't as big a fan of this as his other work, where I think it's his best work, so I'm curious to know how others might improve upon this film.

Fix: Inglourious Basterds

Merlin1958
03-13-2015, 12:28 PM
I'm curious since a lot of people aren't as big a fan of this as his other work, where I think it's his best work, so I'm curious to know how others might improve upon this film.

Fix: Inglourious Basterds

It ain't broke.

Still Servant
03-13-2015, 06:45 PM
Moretz is far more beautiful in the picture I posted than Fox, who is caked in makeup and almost looks like a drag queen. All I'm saying is that Moretz is leagues more pretty than Spacek.

As for Basterds, I honestly can't think of anything right now. The first time I saw it I wanted more action, but I've seen in many times since and I'm fine with what we got. I also would have toned down Pitt's character, I thought he played it borderline cartoonish, but now I think it's a great performance.

Merlin1958
03-13-2015, 07:41 PM
Moretz is far more beautiful in the picture I posted than Fox, who is caked in makeup and almost looks like a drag queen. All I'm saying is that Moretz is leagues more pretty than Spacek.

As for Basterds, I honestly can't think of anything right now. The first time I saw it I wanted more action, but I've seen in many times since and I'm fine with what we got. I also would have toned down Pitt's character, I thought he played it borderline cartoonish, but now I think it's a great performance.

Well, now you are just forcing the issue for the sake of conversation. I, too would have liked a little more action, but the film was pretty much a classic as is, IMHO I mean what are you going to do, fix "The Godfather" and other classic films? Please let us not be so arrogant as to attempt that task.

Still Servant
03-14-2015, 06:16 PM

Well, now you are just forcing the issue for the sake of conversation. I, too would have liked a little more action, but the film was pretty much a classic as is, IMHO I mean what are you going to do, fix "The Godfather" and other classic films? Please let us not be so arrogant as to attempt that task.

No, this thread will primarily be used to "fix" films that weren't very good.

Mattrick
03-14-2015, 06:18 PM
I was expecting a lot more action, and more goofy, tongue-in-cheek like situations when I watched Inglourious Basterds for the first time. I wasn't even a huge fan when I first watched it as I was expecting something different from what I got, but I think it's Tarantino's masterpiece. It's kind of like cinematic sex...he builds his scenes up and and up and up and BWAM everything happens erupts in an orgasm of violence, like in the bar scene...all that build up for eleven seconds of over the top violence...it's just fucking awesome. Can't think of a movie with such increasingly escalating tension from sequence to sequence. It's just perfect. I know a lot of people on this site weren't fond of it so I brought it up since I'd just re-watched it. I looked through all my DVDs and had trouble find many films that would make for good discussion on here...I'll find one eventually.

fernandito
03-15-2015, 01:14 PM
Probably the only criticism I'd level at IB is Tarantino's dialogue over indulgence. Some of those scenes a very talky for the sake of being talky and it hiccups the pace a bit.

It's a very minor complaint that gets lost in the tidal wave of everything it gets right. Such a magnificent film.

Mattrick
03-15-2015, 01:42 PM
Fix: Alien3

The Assembly Cut is such a different (and better film) but as much as I love Alien 3, it's definitely not perfect (which makes me love it more). I've never been a fan of the camera effect and the idea of 1st person being the alien chasing the prisoners don't the corridors. The CGI wasn't very effective, but the non-CGI xenomorph work is FANTASTIC, as evidenced by Ripley's face to face with the xenomorph..this video shows the major shortcomings in the CGI compared to the bad ass physical effects. I would have found some way to show a bull alien (or dog alien as in the theatrical version) be a quicker, quadruped than using such muddy and obviously fake CGI. The use of computer effects definitely hurt the xenomorph itself on the whole and should have been avoided.

http://vimeo.com/28495932

Still Servant
03-15-2015, 03:46 PM
Well, I'd start with not killing off Newt and Hicks. Killing Newt totally undermines everything that happened in Aliens. Ripley fought so hard to keep that kid alive and then it's revealed that she's dead 5 minutes into the next film. Hicks' death is a shot to the system too and they didn't even have the decency to kill him on screen.

I understand that the actress that played Newt didn't want to act anymore, but I'm sure they could have figured something out. As for Biehn, I know he had problems with the producers the whole way through. At least he ended up getting paid good money for his absence in the third film.

I just bought the Alien franchise on Blu-Ray. I figured if I was going to watch them again, I'd see them in higher quality. It was only 20 bucks. I will hopefully be rewatching them again soon. I actually think it might be a better idea to fix Resurrection instead of 3.

Mattrick
03-15-2015, 05:39 PM
A lot of people have the problem with Hicks and Newt being killed off but it never really bothered me. I liked the idea of Ripley fighting for herself and not being trapped in some wife/maternal character like Ripley had in Aliens.

You can't fix Alien: Resurrection without erasing it from history, imo.

divemaster
03-17-2015, 05:39 AM
I don't know about "fixing" Alien 3, as it was not very good and not worth fixing in my opinion (2 stars out of 5). Not just the laughably bad CGI (a "dog" alien? Really??), but there was a lot of stupid in the plot. I don't plan on watching it again.

As as long as we're on the subject...Alien Resurrection could possibly be the worst movie I've ever seen. One of only 2 or 3 movies I've ever given ZERO stars to. I bought the 9 DVD Quadrilogy box set and watched every film, every "cut," every commentary, and every special feature over the course of a month. (I had never seen movies 3 or 4 until this boxset.). When done, I literally took out the Alien Resurrection DVD and threw it away. I did not even want the presence of the BAD contaminating the rest of the DVDs. It was so, so bad.

Mattrick
03-17-2015, 06:28 AM
I don't know about "fixing" Alien 3, as it was not very good and not worth fixing in my opinion (2 stars out of 5). Not just the laughably bad CGI (a "dog" alien? Really??), but there was a lot of stupid in the plot. I don't plan on watching it again.

As as long as we're on the subject...Alien Resurrection could possibly be the worst movie I've ever seen. One of only 2 or 3 movies I've ever given ZERO stars to. I bought the 9 DVD Quadrilogy box set and watched every film, every "cut," every commentary, and every special feature over the course of a month. (I had never seen movies 3 or 4 until this boxset.). When done, I literally took out the Alien Resurrection DVD and threw it away. I did not even want the presence of the BAD contaminating the rest of the DVDs. It was so, so bad.

If you watched the Assembly cut like you say, then you'd know it's not a dog alien, it's a bull alien. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f6/2c/84/f62c8439b63a4feee47731362c120168.jpg

It was supposed to be a bull but the studio changed it like they changed a lot. And Xenomorphs take on the form of whatever their host is, so what's so preposterous about a dog or bull xenomorph? Sure the CGI is bad but there isn't a whole lot of it, and the tremendous physical sets, costumes and physical Alien effects far outweigh the minute or two of bad CGI, imo. I wish more people liked Alien 3, it deserves way more appreciation than it gets :/ It's a film of sordid beauty.

This site shows just how much was cut from the film (including some great work from Paul McGann, and two entire plotlines that add a lot to the film as a whole)

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=1405

You got Resurrection right though: it can only be fixed by destroying it. I blame Joss Whedon.

Still Servant
07-10-2015, 05:30 PM
I know a lot of people haven't seen Genisys yet, but I think we should fix the Terminator franchise next.

It can't be this hard to make a good Terminator sequel. I don't know why we just don't get a full film revolving around the start of Judgement Day. Sure, we've seen glimpses, but let's just see the whole thing.

DanHocker
07-13-2015, 11:49 AM
I know a lot of people haven't seen Genisys yet, but I think we should fix the Terminator franchise next.

It can't be this hard to make a good Terminator sequel. I don't know why we just don't get a full film revolving around the start of Judgement Day. Sure, we've seen glimpses, but let's just see the whole thing.

Two was the best of the bunch, but the introduction of the liquid metal terminator basically ruined the rest of the franchise. They found themselves in a position where they had no choice but to try and one up it, and it really just never works out. I actually don't hate Terminator 3 or Salvation. I don't think they are good, but I also don't think they are bad either. They're just kinda "meh". Genisys on the other hand is a steaming pile of trash. So many time travel plot holes.

Ricky
07-13-2015, 05:03 PM
Saw Genisys over the weekend and enjoyed it. Wish it wasn't so similar plot-wise to the first one, though (I know it was a reboot and everything, but still), and that they didn't muddy everything with all the time travel.

Loved the action sequences, score, and effects. Happy to see that the acting wasn't terrible like everyone's saying, and Arnold had some great lines. I'm not a Terminator die-hard, so enjoyed Genisys for what it was.

Still Servant
07-13-2015, 05:14 PM

Two was the best of the bunch, but the introduction of the liquid metal terminator basically ruined the rest of the franchise. They found themselves in a position where they had no choice but to try and one up it, and it really just never works out. I actually don't hate Terminator 3 or Salvation. I don't think they are good, but I also don't think they are bad either. They're just kinda "meh". Genisys on the other hand is a steaming pile of trash. So many time travel plot holes.

I didn't really like Genisys, but it's at least watchable. Salvation is trash. We feel opposite on those two. There is literally nothing redeeming about that film. Ricky listed a bunch things that make Genisys worth watching, but you're going to have to list some things for Salvation because I honestly can't think of anything.

DanHocker
07-13-2015, 05:43 PM

I didn't really like Genisys, but it's at least watchable. Salvation is trash. We feel opposite on those two. There is literally nothing redeeming about that film. Ricky listed a bunch things that make Genisys worth watching, but you're going to have to list some things for Salvation because I honestly can't think of anything.

Mostly I can't remember anything bad about it. I didn't mind the premise, I liked the visuals and the world they built. I honestly can't remember much. Like I said, I didn't think it was bad, but I didn't think it was good either, it was just "meh" so "meh" in fact that I barely even remember the movie. Genisys on the other hand I really couldn't stand, at least in my opinion Arnold was the only good thing about that movie. I really don't understand hollywood's obsession with Jai Courtney right now, the dude is one of the most bland actors every, and as awesome as Emilia Clark is in Game of Thrones, she was pretty bland in this movie as well. I think the time travel plot holes are really what killed it for me, they are so bad and so easily remedied that I just don't understand how they even made it past a first draft of the script. I honestly think it's the worst of the series, though given how little of the plot I actually remember from Salvation I definitely couldn't say for sure.

Still Servant
07-13-2015, 06:05 PM
I honestly can't remember much. Like I said, I didn't think it was bad, but I didn't think it was good either, it was just "meh" so "meh" in fact that I barely even remember the movie.

Exactly. I think that's why I consider it the worst. It's such a forgettable film. That and the fact that they completely wasted Christian Bale, one of the best actors of his generation.

Genisys on the other hand I really couldn't stand, at least in my opinion Arnold was the only good thing about that movie.

Completely agree. When he wasn't on the screen the film suffered.

I really don't understand hollywood's obsession with Jai Courtney right now, the dude is one of the most bland actors ever.

Again, I completely agree. That being said: Jai Courtney=Sam Worthington. They are literally the same person. Hollywood tried to make Worthington happen and it didn't work. They are trying desperately with Courtney with the same results. He must have a fantastic agent.

DanHocker
07-14-2015, 06:17 AM
I honestly can't remember much. Like I said, I didn't think it was bad, but I didn't think it was good either, it was just "meh" so "meh" in fact that I barely even remember the movie.

Exactly. I think that's why I consider it the worst. It's such a forgettable film. That and the fact that they completely wasted Christian Bale, one of the best actors of his generation.

Genisys on the other hand I really couldn't stand, at least in my opinion Arnold was the only good thing about that movie.

Completely agree. When he wasn't on the screen the film suffered.

I really don't understand hollywood's obsession with Jai Courtney right now, the dude is one of the most bland actors ever.

Again, I completely agree. That being said: Jai Courtney=Sam Worthington. They are literally the same person. Hollywood tried to make Worthington happen and it didn't work. They are trying desperately with Courtney with the same results. He must have a fantastic agent.

I dunno I'd rather a movie be forgettable than memorable because it was bad. I actually think Sam Worthington is a little more interesting then Jai Courtney, but I think it's mostly because I have enjoyed more movies he's been in, or at least hated less movies.

Mattrick
07-14-2015, 03:36 PM
Guys, we can fix terminator if we just believe that all those nukes at the end of the 3rd film destroyed Salvation and Genysis!

EDIT - And the Sarah Connor Chronicles. That show sucked.

Jimimck
07-14-2015, 11:55 PM

Every time my wife watches Raising Hope I can't but help see the goofy dad as a Terminator.

DanHocker
07-15-2015, 05:29 AM
Guys, we can fix terminator if we just believe that all those nukes at the end of the 3rd film destroyed Salvation and Genysis!

Also if we send James Cameron back in time to direct Terminator 3.