PDA

View Full Version : Revival UK Limited edition

stroppygoblin
10-14-2014, 11:56 PM
Ok folks, I think this is an exclusive for this site!

Hodder & Stoughton are releasing a limited edition version of Revival in the UK!

This edition will be limited to 500 copies only, details as follows:

Limited edition hardback with deluxe binding, slipcase, illustrated endpapers, author’s FACSIMILE signature and a silver plectrum engraved with the author’s signature.

Price is £100 (plus shipping) which is a little steep for a facsimile signature, but it may be the only limited version of this book to be printed.

Here are some images:

http://www.revivalbook.co.uk/collectorsset/images/revival-limited-edition.png

http://www.revivalbook.co.uk/collectorsset/images/stephen-king-plectrum-u127.png

H & S have put the site up for ordering this, but as yet it has not been advertised anywhere, not even their own web site mentions this yet.

Please be aware, H & S state that they cannot ship this to the US or Canada, so you are going to need to ship to a UK address.

Here (http://www.revivalbook.co.uk/collectorsset/) is the exclusive link to the site.

herbertwest
10-15-2014, 12:34 AM
It was £200 for their limited Doctor Sleep : was it a real signature or fac simile?

stroppygoblin
10-15-2014, 12:34 AM
facsimilie - I did mention that above.

EDIT: Apologies, I read what you posted wrong, you were asking if Dr Sleep was real or Facsimile...

There were 2 editions, Gift and Limited . The Gift was £100 and had a facsimile signature (700 copies), The Limited was £200 and had a real Signature (200 copies)

biomieg
10-15-2014, 02:05 AM
I am usually not too keen on the UK limiteds but for some reason I like the looks of this one a lot. Thanks for sharing!

Kingfan24
10-15-2014, 03:36 AM
Seems like there is one of these every time a new book comes out...

Randall Flagg
10-15-2014, 04:16 AM
Thanks Stroppy for breaking the news here. Once again we are the earliest source on the internet!

stroppygoblin
10-15-2014, 04:32 AM

They didn't do one for Mr Mercedes...

Also, I have it confirmed this is the ONLY UK limited, no actual signed ones this time

stroppygoblin
10-15-2014, 04:33 AM
Thanks Stroppy for breaking the news here. Once again we are the earliest source on the internet!

My pleasure, nice not to be the last to know something for a change :)

Randall Flagg
10-15-2014, 04:49 AM
They took my order. Not only that, but I could actually understand the person.

stroppygoblin
10-15-2014, 04:51 AM
They took my order. Not only that, but I could actually understand the person.

That's good to know RF - there's a few people that will be glad to hear that.

frik
10-15-2014, 05:29 AM
Took my order as well.
Now, will there be a limited with a real signature?

sk

The Library Policeman
10-15-2014, 05:59 AM

They didn't do one for Mr Mercedes...

Also, I have it confirmed this is the ONLY UK limited, no actual signed ones this time

Took my order as well.
Now, will there be a limited with a real signature?

sk

Doesn't look like it.

webstar1000
10-15-2014, 06:00 AM
Is not CD announcing something huge for King fans on Halloween?? Mayhap there will be a signed one...

jonp
10-15-2014, 06:02 AM
Thanks for letting us know Simon. I have just ordered my copy.

Randall Flagg
10-15-2014, 06:04 AM
Is not CD announcing something huge for King fans on Halloween?? Mayhap there will be a signed one...
I believe they said it would not be a book.

The Library Policeman
10-15-2014, 06:05 AM
Yay! A Stephen King plectrum. Just what I need!! Haha

Thanks for the link, Simon! Just ordering now :)

Bev Vincent
10-15-2014, 06:06 AM

It's not a book.

Ben Staad
10-15-2014, 06:22 AM
Great job, Stroppy.

The Library Policeman
10-15-2014, 06:34 AM
Just ordered a copy. The order page stated that postage within the UK would be £10, but the nice chap on the telephone stated postage was £3.50. Every little helps :D

Roseannebarr
10-15-2014, 06:47 AM
Ok folks, I think this is an exclusive for this site!

Hodder & Stoughton are releasing a limited edition version of Revival in the UK!

Limited edition hardback with deluxe binding, slipcase, illustrated endpapers, author’s FACSIMILE signature and a silver plectrum engraved with the author’s signature.

Price is £100 (plus shipping) which is a little steep for a facsimile signature, but it may be the only limited version of this book to be printed.

Here are some images:

http://www.revivalbook.co.uk/collectorsset/images/stephen-king-plectrum-u127.png

H & S have put the site up for ordering this, but as yet it has not been advertised anywhere, not even their own web site mentions this yet.

Please be aware, H & S state that they cannot ship this to the US or Canada, so you are going to need to ship to a UK address.

Here (http://www.revivalbook.co.uk/collectorsset/) is the exclusive link to the site.

Can someone order for me? I will reimburse expenses! All orders in us will be cancelled. Pm please

Anubis2347
10-15-2014, 06:51 AM
I have to admit... I really like this edition... much nicer than the US edition.

George at C-Springs
10-15-2014, 06:57 AM
I like it, but not at @$140 (with friend shipping) for a facsimile auto on a UK edition.

webstar1000
10-15-2014, 07:05 AM
I like it, but not at @$140 (with friend shipping) for a facsimile auto on a UK edition.

Gotta agree with you on this one.... I would pay $145 + SHipping to Canada.. not worth it.

The Library Policeman
10-15-2014, 07:07 AM
But.... But... But.... It comes with a guitar pick!! :lol: :lol:

jhanic
10-15-2014, 07:15 AM
The completist in me wants one.

John

Anubis2347
10-15-2014, 08:03 AM
Did anyone who ordered this via phone get an e-mail confirmation?

The Library Policeman
10-15-2014, 08:05 AM
Did anyone who ordered this via phone get an e-mail confirmation?

No. They just take your postal address and card details. No email details.

The Library Policeman
10-15-2014, 08:11 AM
My wee mum has just offered to pay for my copy as my Xmas gift. Aren't mothers great inventions? :D

I didn't hint to her or anything. Honest. :evil:

zelig
10-15-2014, 08:43 AM
No email or order confirmation for me. Just placed the order and provided credit card details. Hope it works.

George at C-Springs
10-15-2014, 09:20 AM

I agree, ditto here ... and it is pretty, especially with the guitar pick (I have 5 guitars) ... just had to remind myself that I don't need to branch out into UK editions and that I don't like facsimiles.

Be strong John, you can resist.

If anyone doesn't care about their pick, or ends up with an extra, I'd like to get one.

shaq
10-15-2014, 09:48 AM
What would really be good is to get one to the Florida signing session and get it signed.

Does Anyone attending a) want me to order a copy for them, and b) want to take my copy to the signing session for me?

:-)

webstar1000
10-15-2014, 09:51 AM
What would really be good is to get one to the Florida signing session and get it signed.

Does Anyone attending a) want me to order a copy for them, and b) want to take my copy to the signing session for me?

technically your getting Revival signed.... lol

shaq
10-15-2014, 09:53 AM
Lol

Looking at the signing details it states not to bring books so will be unlikely to get it signed unless the usual attendees hang out outside.

Ooh I'm a citizen of gilead now...cool

Randall Flagg
10-15-2014, 11:16 AM

I'd be happy to try, but I think the odds are slim, and most attendees will try, but few if any will succeed.

webstar1000
10-15-2014, 11:25 AM

I'd be happy to try, but I think the odds are slim, and most attendees will try, but few if any will succeed.

My hope is to hang around outside with my 1st edition of IT and my 1st Gunslinger... thats it:) Not asking for much! lol

tippy4
10-15-2014, 02:55 PM

John

But the kid in you likes the frosted side?

tippy4
10-15-2014, 02:57 PM

Would you really want to get a book signed that contains a facsimile signature?

Room 217 Caretaker
10-15-2014, 03:33 PM

I own an ABA Gerald's Game where King marked through the facsimile and signed it.

Mulleins

Jimimck
10-15-2014, 04:44 PM
I may have a second copy available. Will confirm once I know

shaq
10-15-2014, 09:41 PM

Thanks for the offer Randall. I've slept on this book and going to pass on it. The risk of spending £100+ and not getting a real signature is too great.

However, if anyone in us wants me to order one at cost pm me and will sort something.

Only condition is that it is for collection and not instant resale...(hope that doesn't sound rude, just happy to help someone add to their collection)

shaq
10-15-2014, 11:08 PM
Hi Tippy, just seen your question, my answer is not really.

I quite like the look of this with the plectrum and the initial thought was a real signature would make it better.

On reflection for me not the best spur of the moment idea

Cheers

jsteltor
10-16-2014, 11:07 AM
The webpage states they won't deliver to the US... :cry:

Anubis2347
10-16-2014, 11:08 AM
I was also informed that even if you are shipping to a UK address if you pay with a US credit card you will be denied.

Randall Flagg
10-16-2014, 11:16 AM
I was also informed that even if you are shipping to a UK address if you pay with a US credit card you will be denied.
They took my USA Visa card info. How does one know the difference between USA Visa card and one from the UK, etc.?

Anubis2347
10-16-2014, 11:18 AM
According to the woman I spoke to if your billing address is in the US they will deny the card.

Randall Flagg
10-16-2014, 11:22 AM
According to the woman I spoke to if your billing address is in the US they will deny the card.
They never asked my billing address. Only my shipping address. Maybe I'll get screwed and not get one, but then I will have saved ~$200 for a facsimile signature book. I'm not fretting about it.

Anubis2347
10-16-2014, 11:25 AM
I am torn in regards to the worth of this book. I feel its overpriced, but I really love the look of it. And I think it will look great next to my Doctor Sleep.

jsteltor
10-16-2014, 11:26 AM
Did the representative say why they have these restrictions on US purchasers?

Anubis2347
10-16-2014, 11:43 AM
They said:

"Unfortunately we do not have the rights to sell this item in the US and therefore cannot accept your order. You will need to contact the publisher Scribner to find out if this is available and how you can order."

"If you have a UK address we can accept your order but you will also need to pay with a UK credit or debit card."

jsteltor
10-16-2014, 11:46 AM
Thank you for the information.

RC65
10-16-2014, 12:16 PM
Did the representative say why they have these restrictions on US purchasers?

My guess would be that only the UK limited rights were bought -- and apparently with very tight controls -- which suggests to me that the US limited rights reside with someone else. I can't conceive why else they would take such stringent measures to keep the UK and US markets separate. It would not surprise me at all to hear an announcement of a US limited relatively soon. Yet another reason I've no interest in this edition.

Randall Flagg
10-16-2014, 01:26 PM
They said:

"Unfortunately we do not have the rights to sell this item in the US and therefore cannot accept your order. You will need to contact the publisher Scribner to find out if this is available and how you can order."

"If you have a UK address we can accept your order but you will also need to pay with a UK credit or debit card."
#1 Rule - Don't ask such things. They may not (and still may not) care about the origin of payment. They are only embargoed from shipping to the USA and Canada (that's the price Canada citizens pay for the USA defending them at no cost). Leave well enough alone.

webstar1000
10-16-2014, 03:10 PM

They said:

#1 Rule - Don't ask such things. They may not (and still may not) care about the origin of payment. They are only embargoed from shipping to the USA and Canada (that's the price Canada citizens pay for the USA defending them at no cost). Leave well enough alone.

Lol from Canada!

needfulthings
10-16-2014, 03:44 PM

Years ago at a U.S. Bag Of Bones signing King agreed to sign a Bag Of Bones U.K. proof because it WAS the book he was signing.
http://imageshack.com/a/img673/4215/J3rAbT.jpg
Of course this was before all this 350 pre-signed crap shoot.

Sir_Boomme
10-17-2014, 01:51 PM
waaaah

if anyone in the UK gets multiple copies... I'd be interested in taking a copy off your hands.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
10-17-2014, 02:31 PM
waaaah

if anyone in the UK gets multiple copies... I'd be interested in taking a copy off your hands.

Wait until February and get a copy for £25 to £45, instead of the issue price of £100 direct from the publisher.

Every one of these H&S Facsimile copies sells for less than 1/3rd of issued price. I have never paid more than £45 for these editions. (I was robbed at £45).

They are poor quality productions. They are exactly the same paper quality, (shit), and you don't even get a dust jacket!

stroppygoblin
10-18-2014, 03:16 AM
Thought I'd post this here...

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/stroppygoblin/18e81cc7-9f1d-4467-b388-c21e755db4c7_zpsdc9c15f8.jpg (http://s938.photobucket.com/user/stroppygoblin/media/18e81cc7-9f1d-4467-b388-c21e755db4c7_zpsdc9c15f8.jpg.html)

Now I'm not going to get anybody too excited about it's contents, it does not contain anything Revival related. It's been kindly sent to me for auction in next years HF by someone who works for H & S and is a previous H & S King collectible. What IS interesting is that they have created these mailing packets specifically - I wonder what is being sent out in these???

herbertwest
10-18-2014, 03:23 AM
It's kind of a call to get it stolen, isn't it?

LostAlivE
10-18-2014, 06:31 AM
I would like one of these because they are made better than the ones we will be getting here in the USA.

becca69
10-18-2014, 06:38 AM
I would love for that to show up on my doorstep ;)

Randall Flagg
10-18-2014, 09:34 AM
I would like one of these because they are made better than the ones we will be getting here in the USA.
As of right now, we only get a trade in the USA. This seems like it will be nicer than a trade 1st.

LostAlivE
10-18-2014, 03:34 PM
I know RF. I know you know when you open the trades the binding wants to come apart. You would think they could do something about that. Hopefully I will be getting one I always get three of the trades just because they are 1st editions.

LostAlivE
10-18-2014, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=stroppygoblin;879126]Ok folks, I think this is an exclusive for this site!

Here are some images:

Are they going to put the pick in the middle of the slipcase or is that just a picture? It would be kind of nice to do that and not place it inside if the book or slipcase.

JasonUK
10-18-2014, 11:18 PM
So you spend £100 on a book and they send it in a padded envelope? Bumped corners guaranteed!

stroppygoblin
10-19-2014, 01:31 AM
So you spend £100 on a book and they send it in a padded envelope? Bumped corners guaranteed!

In case I wasn't clear, these are not bags to ship the books, for one thing they are too small (4" x 4" approx)

LostAlivE
10-19-2014, 08:47 AM
They always use well packed boxes to ship there books.

skyofcrack
10-20-2014, 02:31 AM
My guess is that the pick will be held in place with a magnet.

I think the H&S Revival bags are being sent out to promote the book.

JasonUK
10-20-2014, 04:10 AM

In case I wasn't clear, these are not bags to ship the books, for one thing they are too small (4" x 4" approx)

That's good to hear. I wonder in the plecturm is real silver or just silver coloured?

thecollector
10-20-2014, 07:06 AM

That's good to hear. I wonder in the plectrum is real silver or just silver coloured?

I would be shocked if they included a plectrum made of solid silver. You'd think they would have said something about it on the web page if it was.

becca69
10-20-2014, 07:23 AM
I would also don't believe the plectrum is sterling... it looks as if it's just a silver color. I got lucky and a friend in the UK was able to secure one for me like he did with TWTTK.

JasonUK
10-20-2014, 11:23 PM
I would be shocked if they included a plectrum made of solid silver.

At least it would go some way toward justifying the £100 price tag.

stroppygoblin
10-20-2014, 11:36 PM

That's good to hear. I wonder in the plectrum is real silver or just silver coloured?

I would be shocked if they included a plectrum made of solid silver. You'd think they would have said something about it on the web page if it was.

I have made enquiries with H & S about this, will update when I get a response.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
10-21-2014, 06:10 AM
They are plastic. You can buy "silver" plectrums with anything you want printed on them.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41XfywHhmUL.jpg

stroppygoblin
10-23-2014, 04:29 AM
Ok Folks - another TDT.org exclusive!!

Contrary to other opinions stated here, I can now confirm (direct from the publisher) that the plectrum is in fact 100% Solid Sterling Silver (it's even hallmarked!).
Now that's a collectible! £100 doesn't seem so bad now eh?

carlosdetweiller
10-23-2014, 04:55 AM

Contrary to other opinions stated here, I can now confirm (direct from the publisher) that the plectrum is in fact 100% Solid Sterling Silver (it's even hallmarked!).

I wonder what the plectrum weighs? Silver is only going at a little over $17 per ounce. It can't weigh over .25 ounces or so, can it?

stroppygoblin
10-23-2014, 05:01 AM

I wonder what the plectrum weighs? Silver is only going at a little over $17 per ounce. It can't weigh over .25 ounces or so, can it?

They are probably similar to this: http://www.silverpicks.com/categories/1-silver-plectrum-designs

Each of these weighs 3.6 grams or 0.127 ounces

The Library Policeman
10-23-2014, 05:02 AM
I hope it's set into the recess in the slipcase as it looks to be in the picture.

carlosdetweiller
10-23-2014, 05:06 AM
$17.21 (spot price of silver per ounce) x 0.127 ounces = $2.19 worth of silver.

Yes, I know. I am being a dick. Save your reputation comments.

stroppygoblin
10-23-2014, 05:11 AM

Whats the price of paper + ink + cardboard? someone is making some serious profit here! :evil:

EDIT: I just had a thought, I'd LOVE to see a picture of someone playing their Cujo guitar with this pick.... http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/music-instruments/guitar-smiley-emoticon.gif

herbertwest
10-23-2014, 06:50 AM

Whats the price of paper + ink + cardboard? someone is making some serious profit here! :evil:

EDIT: I just had a thought, I'd LOVE to see a picture of someone playing their Cujo guitar with this pick.... http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/music-instruments/guitar-smiley-emoticon.gif

Printed in China maybe? :p

Cook
10-26-2014, 04:22 AM

Not quite as much as the publishers that are printing SK Carrie anniversary editions.

Patrick
10-27-2014, 02:03 PM
Wait until February and get a copy for £25 to £45, instead of the issue price of £100 direct from the publisher.

Every one of these H&S Facsimile copies sells for less than 1/3rd of issued price. I have never paid more than £45 for these editions. (I was robbed at £45).

They are poor quality productions. They are exactly the same paper quality, (shit), and you don't even get a dust jacket!
I decided to hold off buying this edition for the time being. What did you all decide?

zelig
10-27-2014, 02:18 PM
I decided to get it. I have most of the UK limited ed's so can't stop now.

carlosdetweiller
10-27-2014, 03:17 PM
I am not going to get it right now. Maybe in a year or two.

The Library Policeman
10-27-2014, 04:22 PM
I got one. I'm still in the relatively early stages of my King illness. :evil:

Merlin1958
10-27-2014, 08:24 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBOpk33VlSg

webstar1000
10-28-2014, 03:54 AM

I have to agree with you Bob... I find myself not buying many editions right off the get go... Not so much the S/L's but more so the GE's... I find for the most part they sell for less down the road. I would be far behind dollar wise had I bought them as they came out. There are some (like IT) that are much higher... but I agree with you on this for sure. I am waiting.

The Library Policeman
10-28-2014, 05:25 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBOpk33VlSg

Lol :D

carlosdetweiIler
10-30-2014, 06:16 AM

Same here.

carlosdetweiller
10-30-2014, 06:26 AM
WTF? Has someone got the same username as me? I need one of the mods to fix this ASAP.

becca69
10-30-2014, 07:48 AM
WTF? Has someone got the same username as me? I need one of the mods to fix this ASAP.

Great costume :lol:

webstar1000
10-30-2014, 08:54 AM

lol

Randall Flagg
10-30-2014, 01:18 PM
Send me a PM, I'll look into it.

racerx45
10-30-2014, 01:32 PM
Send me a PM, I'll look into it.

I'm guessing it has something to do with this thread

Halloween Costumes 2014 (http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1407449371-Manatee%20Public%20Library.jpg)

Roseannebarr
10-30-2014, 02:04 PM

I decided to hold off buying this edition for the time being. What did you all decide?

I bought it. $170 + still have to pay a member here to ship to US! Ouch!

sharki69
10-31-2014, 09:28 AM
PS publishing has 50 copies for 120 GBP = 190 USD with FREE shipping worldwide

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/revival-slipcased-by-stephen-king-2507-p.asp

stroppygoblin
11-14-2014, 02:39 PM
to all those that requested UK editions...

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/stroppygoblin/9534C8B8-6B78-4A40-A5DD-CEE53652A882_zpsbfs1e2fg.jpg (http://s938.photobucket.com/user/stroppygoblin/media/9534C8B8-6B78-4A40-A5DD-CEE53652A882_zpsbfs1e2fg.jpg.html)

Your request has been fulfilled!
I hope to start shipping these out either Sat or Monday. PM me your shipping requests (Slow/cheap or fast/pricey also whether you require insurance and or tracking.

EDIT: Regarding the Airport Edition:

There IS an Airport edition. I confirmed this whilst in Australia. (they had it in the airport there but it was labelled "printed in Australia").
I didn't buy it as it would have meant it getting bashed about in my travel case and I *assumed* the UK airport would have it as well. Unfortunately that was not the case. I will be in and out of other airports over the next few weeks and will still keep an eye out for it.

zelig
11-14-2014, 02:53 PM
Thanks Simon! You're fantastic....

SystemCrashOverRide
11-14-2014, 03:59 PM
Does the airport edition look the same as the UK 1st?

stroppygoblin
11-14-2014, 04:03 PM
Does the airport edition look the same as the UK 1st?

Yes, it just has a soft cover and slightly different size. (smaller)

Room 217 Caretaker
11-14-2014, 04:22 PM
The blue edge copies look great.

Mulleins

stroppygoblin
11-14-2014, 04:29 PM

Mulleins

It certainly adds a touch of class...

Info for the Catalogue, all versions are identical in terms of Copyright page and ISBN. The WH Smith book has a different colour binding (Yellow rather than Black) to has the same Yellow binding as the Standard Trade.

Also to preempt requests, all of these books are spoken for and were bought per existing requests. i *may* be able to get more of the Waterstones and WH Smiths, but let me know quick as if Mr Mercedes was anything to go by they only lasted about a week and the half price deal didn't hang around either.

needfulthings
11-14-2014, 06:12 PM
IN THE WORDS OF JACKIE GLEASON.
"HOW SWEET IT IS!"
http://imageshack.com/a/img661/633/51cSYe.jpg
THANK YOU SIMON!

becca69
11-14-2014, 06:46 PM
to all those that requested UK editions...

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/stroppygoblin/9534C8B8-6B78-4A40-A5DD-CEE53652A882_zpsbfs1e2fg.jpg (http://s938.photobucket.com/user/stroppygoblin/media/9534C8B8-6B78-4A40-A5DD-CEE53652A882_zpsbfs1e2fg.jpg.html)

Your request has been fulfilled!
I hope to start shipping these out either Sat or Monday. PM me your shipping requests (Slow/cheap or fast/pricey also whether you require insurance and or tracking.

EDIT: Regarding the Airport Edition:

There IS an Airport edition. I confirmed this whilst in Australia. (they had it in the airport there but it was labelled "printed in Australia").
I didn't buy it as it would have meant it getting bashed about in my travel case and I *assumed* the UK airport would have it as well. Unfortunately that was not the case. I will be in and out of other airports over the next few weeks and will still keep an eye out for it.

Awesome!

ICry4Oy
11-19-2014, 07:10 PM

Mulleins

Yes they do! Got mine in the mail today. Waterstones packaging leaves a lot to be desired but luckily the book was unharmed.

edit...........the "book" was unharmed but the dust jacket was not. I contacted Waterstones and rather than send another dust jacket (as I requested) they have shipped another book! Customer service above and beyond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimimck
11-20-2014, 07:07 PM
I have access to the large paperback edition printed in Australia if anyone wants. Shipping will be from New Zealand.

stroppygoblin
11-21-2014, 02:21 AM
I have access to the large paperback edition printed in Australia if anyone wants. Shipping will be from New Zealand.

I saw this recently when I was working in Oz. The book is identical to the UK Airport edition, except that it states "Printed in Australia" on the back. Some may consider this ANOTHER variant :evil:

zelig
11-21-2014, 08:05 AM
I might have to draw the line there. Heck, it has to be drawn somewhere right? :smile:

Mr. Rabbit Trick
11-21-2014, 09:05 AM

I saw this recently when I was working in Oz. The book is identical to the UK Airport edition, except that it states "Printed in Australia" on the back. Some may consider this ANOTHER variant :evil:

It has a different ISBN so it IS another variant.

RC65
12-01-2014, 10:57 PM
I know I'm late to the proverbial party, to say the least, but how / where would one get a blue UK HC with blue page-edge stain? Any leads / source info would be appreciated.

stroppygoblin
12-02-2014, 01:23 AM
I know I'm late to the proverbial party, to say the least, but how / where would one get a blue UK HC with blue page-edge stain? Any leads / source info would be appreciated.

There are 2 copies on UK ebay right now. If sellers won't ship to the U.S. I can help out. PM me.

RC65
12-02-2014, 10:05 AM
SG: Thanks, will get ahold of you if need be. Having slept on my post/request, though, I think I'm going to hold off on getting a "special" copy until I've actually read the thing...with reviews that are all over the board, I'd hate to spend $50 on a cool UK copy, get it, read it, and be among those that didn't care for it. Disappointment is easier to handle with you've just spent $12 at Costco (half-off) on the book rather than $50.

Darn thing sure is pretty, though.

LostAlivE
12-09-2014, 03:38 PM
I have all of them except the Waterstone's "BlueEdition" I am wanting it so bad.