PDA

View Full Version : Best Sci tournament - FINAL

fernandito
09-29-2014, 11:14 AM
Terminator 2
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2ZX6HHibQnc/TKMCKVr0lsI/AAAAAAAAFN0/FgHiHlUrCwc/s1600/terminator+2.jpg

VS

Twelve Monkeys
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cf/Twelve_monkeysmp.jpg

frik
09-29-2014, 11:16 AM
Where do we vote?
Btw, neither movie deserves to be #1.

sk

webstar1000
09-29-2014, 11:20 AM
T2 wins it for sure.... I had no issue with this vote. Matrix and T2 should have went head to head though...

webstar1000
09-29-2014, 11:21 AM
Will a list of the top 10 or 25 get released? I would like to watch what I have not seen... thanks!

fernandito
09-29-2014, 12:33 PM
Will a list of the top 10 or 25 get released? I would like to watch what I have not seen... thanks!
You mean our top 10-25?

racerx45
09-29-2014, 01:03 PM
Where do we vote?
Btw, neither movie deserves to be #1.

sk

:thumbsup:

Jean
09-29-2014, 01:11 PM
Twelve Monkeys!!!

Twelve Monkeys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

webstar1000
09-29-2014, 02:20 PM
You mean our top 10-25?

Yeah

webstar1000
09-29-2014, 02:20 PM
You mean our top 10-25?

Yeah

Heather19
09-29-2014, 02:53 PM
12 Monkeys. They're both great films, but I did enjoy this one more so it gets my vote.

Still Servant
09-29-2014, 04:27 PM
I just want to take a moment and say that this has been a great tournament. Thank you to everybody that made this tournament possible, I know it's a lot of work.

I've had a great time voting and discussing all of these films. I know I'm not alone. I also can't wait to watch some of the films I haven't seen that I discovered in this tournament. It's also been great thinking back on films that I haven't seen in a while. I might have to go back and watch some of those too.

I know a lot of people won't agree with the two films in the final, but there was never going to be a consensus no matter what two films are in the finals. We all have different reasons for loving the films we love and we certainly have different criteria for what makes a great Sci-Fi film. I can honestly say that it doesn't matter what film wins. I've just had a great time talking to you fine folks.

I will need some time to come to my decision.

mae
09-29-2014, 08:01 PM
I agree that these two are not the two best sci-fi films of all time. I don't even think they qualify for a top-ten. But both are very good. And as a film, 12 Monkeys is superior.

Mattrick
09-29-2014, 08:54 PM
I haven't really had a dog in the fight since round two. I really like both of these movies, but they wouldn't get the title from me. Still mulling over which of these two films I'd rather get the distinction. I'll probably go with Twelve Monkey's because it's far more atmospheric and skillfully tells a complex story, which I value over the action aesthetics of T-2.

fernandito
09-30-2014, 08:29 AM
I've had a great time voting and discussing all of these films. I know I'm not alone. I also can't wait to watch some of the films I haven't seen that I discovered in this tournament. It's also been great thinking back on films that I haven't seen in a while. I might have to go back and watch some of those too.

Interesting that the two finalists deal with time travel.

I know a lot of people won't agree with the two films in the final, but there was never going to be a consensus no matter what two films are in the finals. We all have different reasons for loving the films we love and we certainly have different criteria for what makes a great Sci-Fi film. I can honestly say that it doesn't matter what film wins. I've just had a great time talking to you fine folks.

Same here. Discovering new films and re-exploring films I haven't seen or thought of in a long time is one of my favorite aspects of these tournaments. I'll certainly be watching some of the latter under a different lens.

Still Servant
09-30-2014, 03:12 PM
I've come to my decision, but before I reveal it, please indulge me.

I'm not sure if I've ever told the story of the first time I saw Terminator 2. It's an interesting story and a testament to the lasting power and magic of film.

It was a warm summer night in 1991. My Mom and Dad packed me and my sister into our car and we headed to the drive-in, a now extinct piece of Americana and a place where many memories of my childhood were born. I was 11 years old, as was my twin sister. I don't remember what movie (or movies) we were going to see, but needless to say they didn't hold my interest.

At that age, I was already growing bored with movies that were appropriate for my age. Being stuck in the back seat with my sister, I soon grew restless and decided to turn around and look through the back windshield. I wiped my hand across the foggy glass and looked across the lot to the screen on the other side. Even though we were far away, the sight of Arnold Schwarzenegger on that massive screen was enough to get me hooked. He just looked like he was larger than life and oh so cool in that leather jacket, sunglasses and a shotgun.

I proceeded to watch the whole film without being able to listen to it. Even without the sound, I was able to follow most of what was going on. It was probably the first time I realized that film was such a visual medium. I was also amazed at some the special effects. Seeing the T-1000 transform from a human into a pool of mercury was the coolest thing my 11-year-old eyes had ever seen.

At the time, I probably didn't even know the name of the film I was watching. It wasn't until years later that I realized I was watching a megahit called Terminator 2. Even after I learned that Terminator 2 was the film I had seen from across the drive-in through the lined back windshield of my Dad's Grand Marquis, it was still about a decade until I actually sat down to watch Terminator 2 with audio from start to finish. By that time I was in college and Terminator had seeped into pop culture language in more ways than one.

Regardless of all that, I was able to sit back and watch the film and enjoy ever second of it. Some 12 years after I watched my own silent version of Terminator 2, I watched it again with new eyes and new perspective and the film retained all of its magic and then some. T2 has stuck with me in such a unique way over the years.

I've had an interesting relationship with 12 Monkeys over the years as well. I think I wrote about it here before, but in short, it's a film I didn't like very much the first time I saw it. It wasn't until my high school class was on a bus on our way back from NYC that I woke up to 12 Monkeys playing on the TV. I'm not sure what had changed in me from the first time I saw the film, but I loved it. It's one of my favorite films to this day.

In the end, I went with the film that I find to be endlessly watchable and something that seems to have been burned into every brain cell. It was a difficult decision, but Terminator 2: Judgment Day gets my vote.

fernandito
09-30-2014, 03:21 PM
tl;dr

fernandito
09-30-2014, 03:41 PM
I've come to my decision, but before I reveal it, please indulge me.

I'm not sure if I've ever told the story of the first time I saw Terminator 2. It's an interesting story and a testament to the lasting power and magic of film.

It was a warm summer night in 1991. My Mom and Dad packed me and my sister into our car and we headed to the drive-in, a now extinct piece of Americana and a place where many memories of my childhood were born. I was 11 years old, as was my twin sister. I don't remember what movie (or movies) we were going to see, but needless to say they didn't hold my interest.

At that age, I was already growing bored with movies that were appropriate for my age. Being stuck in the back seat with my sister, I soon grew restless and decided to turn around and look through the back windshield. I wiped my hand across the foggy glass and looked across the lot to the screen on the other side. Even though we were far away, the sight of Arnold Schwarzenegger on that massive screen was enough to get me hooked. He just looked like he was larger than life and oh so cool in that leather jacket, sunglasses and a shotgun.

I proceeded to watch the whole film without being able to listen to it. Even without the sound, I was able to follow most of what was going on. It was probably the first time I realized that film was such a visual medium. I was also amazed at some the special effects. Seeing the T-1000 transform from a human into a pool of mercury was the coolest thing my 11-year-old eyes had ever seen.

At the time, I probably didn't even know the name of the film I was watching. It wasn't until years later that I realized I was watching a megahit called Terminator 2. Even after I learned that Terminator 2 was the film I had seen from across the drive-in through the lined back windshield of my Dad's Grand Marquis, it was still about a decade until I actually sat down to watch Terminator 2 with audio from start to finish. By that time I was in college and Terminator had seeped into pop culture language in more ways than one.

Regardless of all that, I was able to sit back and watch the film and enjoy ever second of it. Some 12 years after I watched my own silent version of Terminator 2, I watched it again with new eyes and new perspective and the film retained all of its magic and then some. T2 has stuck with me in such a unique way over the years.

I've had an interesting relationship with 12 Monkeys over the years as well. I think I wrote about it here before, but in short, it's a film I didn't like very much the first time I saw it. It wasn't until my high school class was on a bus on our way back from NYC that I woke up to 12 Monkeys playing on the TV. I'm not sure what had changed in me from the first time I saw the film, but I loved it. It's one of my favorite films to this day.

In the end, I went with the film that I find to be endlessly watchable and something that seems to have been burned into every brain cell. It was a difficult decision, but Terminator 2: Judgment Day gets my vote.

That was beautiful.

Still Servant
09-30-2014, 04:31 PM
Thanks, 'Nando.

webstar1000
10-01-2014, 03:51 AM
Thanks, 'Nando.

I loved that story.... its funny but the reason I have such a passion for movies is from T2. I remember that same summer... I was 15 and allowed to go to my friends house. I wanted to see it so bad and I remember thinking the same thing.. larger than life. I went with no shoes... no socks. Why? At my buddies house we were messing around out back of his house and they got wet. So i took em off and went to the movie bare foot. We went to the early show... loved it so much... stayed in our seat for the next showing AND watched that too. haha

pathoftheturtle
10-01-2014, 03:51 AM
I have told this before, but my first viewing of T2 was in the best possible situation. Opening day. Every seat in the cinema was filled. There's nothing quite like watching a popular movie with a large, appreciative audience -- especially one as thrilling as that!

Still, 12 Monkeys is the better film. It's really moving on a different level.

fernandito
10-01-2014, 01:46 PM
Love reading these stories :thumbsup:

One of the unsung heroes of T2 is the sound design. Cameron really shows how creative he can be with the way he chose to interpret certain audio aspects of the machines. The "splat!" sound when the T-1000 gets hit by bullets was created by quickly dipping a microphone into a bucket of paint and speeding up the sound. (Cameron wanted to, as he so lovingly put it "make sure every sound effect came across as if it was injected by testosterone") The sound of the T-1000 morphing its body to liquid form to squeeze through perforations. The thoomp! sound of Arnold's grenade launcher. The T-1000's shriek at the end is Cameron and his writers yelling and screeching at the top of their lungs and the SFX studio twisted those voices to horrifying proportions, overlapped them, and put it through a synthesizer lol. It's that obsession to detail that really gives T2 that added horse power.

Still Servant
10-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Thanks, 'Nando.

I loved that story.... its funny but the reason I have such a passion for movies is from T2. I remember that same summer... I was 15 and allowed to go to my friends house. I wanted to see it so bad and I remember thinking the same thing.. larger than life. I went with no shoes... no socks. Why? At my buddies house we were messing around out back of his house and they got wet. So i took em off and went to the movie bare foot. We went to the early show... loved it so much... stayed in our seat for the next showing AND watched that too. haha

I love reading these stories too. It's amazing what sticks with us over the years.

Jean
10-02-2014, 01:03 PM
Still Servant: thank you for the wonderful story!

T2 is winning... if it wins, I won't be brokenhearted, I loved it... It's only that Twelve Monkeys is a thoroughly bears' type of movie, and T2 isn't.

mae
10-03-2014, 06:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7p2onsRl_s

Mattrick
10-05-2014, 04:00 PM
12 Monkeys is now 11 Monkeys

Mattrick
10-05-2014, 04:03 PM
T2 is winning... if it wins, I won't be brokenhearted, I loved it... It's only that Twelve Monkeys is a thoroughly bears' type of movie, and T2 isn't.

That is what makes T2 a special movie in it's own right. It's one of those view movies that is universally loved. It hits so many notes and hits them all perfectly. The only flub is the 'dramatically swinging a melee object to fake break an important object/kill a person' that I believe is only in the special edition, and should have stayed on the cutting room floor...but that edition also contains Arnold learning how to smile which is pure gold so I guess it evens out.

mae
10-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Just need one vote for 12 Monkeys to tie, two to win!

Jean
10-06-2014, 01:15 AM

That is what makes T2 a special movie in it's own right. It's one of those view movies that is universally loved. It hits so many notes and hits them all perfectly. The only flub is the 'dramatically swinging a melee object to fake break an important object/kill a person' that I believe is only in the special edition, and should have stayed on the cutting room floor...but that edition also contains Arnold learning how to smile which is pure gold so I guess it evens out.Yes!

And I totally wouldn't mind it being #2 in our tournament!

Time to close the poll while Monkeys are still leading!!!

DoctorDodge
10-06-2014, 04:56 AM
As much as I love T2, Twelve Monkeys is exactly the kind of time travel story that I adore. Straightforward and yet complex, well-thought through, no tricks or moments that leave you scratching your head and thinking, "hang on...", (Looper, I'm looking at you,) and that's very tricky to find in the genre. On top of that is a really great mystery story and some pretty cool characters. Couldn't resist voting for it, as it's exactly the kind of time travel story that I want to write.

fernandito
10-06-2014, 07:49 AM
bah gawd now it's a tie!

fernandito
10-06-2014, 08:43 AM
NOTE

In case of a tie, the movie with the most posts in favor of in the body of this thread will be declared the winner!

Any posts after 12:15 PST (time thread closes) will NOT be counted.

fernandito
10-06-2014, 08:43 AM
I voted for T2, obviously!

webstar1000
10-06-2014, 08:55 AM
T2 T2 T2 T2.... come on.. this should never have gotten to a tie! Bruce Wilis over Arnie??????????????????

Jean
10-06-2014, 08:57 AM
NOTE

In case of a tie, the movie with the most posts in favor of in the body of this thread will be declared the winner!

when you count, don't forget that bears are many (legion, in fact)

DD: stop fucking around and DO IT!! I've been waiting since forever

Ben Staad
10-06-2014, 08:58 AM
The critics and fans are not always right however I would like to put these *stats out there:

T2

Academy Awards Nominations
Total Nominations: 6
Total Wins: 4
Editing
Cinematography
Makeup (WIN)
Visual Effects (WIN)
Sound (WIN)
Sound Editing (WIN)

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $204,843,345 39.4%
+ Foreign: $315,000,000 60.6%
= Worldwide: $519,843,345

12 Monkeys

Supporting Actor: Brad Pitt
Costume Design

Total Nominations: 2
Total Wins: 0

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $57,141,459 33.8%
+ Foreign: $111,698,000 66.2%
= Worldwide: $168,839,459

*Stats and info provided by boxofficemojo

mae
10-06-2014, 08:58 AM
NOTE

I assume posts from unique members. So if I had two posts favoring 12M, that'd count as one.

Ben Staad
10-06-2014, 09:01 AM
Based on the sales figures and industry recognized achievements T2 is the obvious choice.

Jean
10-06-2014, 09:01 AM
and we need more 12 Monkeys votes!!!

shit, I so wish I could get my former eloquence back for five minutes!

the only thing I can say now is: Guys, it's a damn good film!!! It's one of the best films bears have seen in their long, eventful, filled with movie-watching life

just... remember the man on the street. Remember the airport. Remember the graffiti. Remember Madeleine Stowe's voice, for God's sake!

(that, not talking about the cinematography, the story, the ideas, the layers, the emotions... the pure genius of it)

Jean
10-06-2014, 09:04 AM
http://www.top10films.co.uk/img/12monkeys_pic.jpg

webstar1000
10-06-2014, 09:05 AM
The critics and fans are not always right however I would like to put these *stats out there:

T2

Total Nominations: 6
Total Wins: 4
Editing
Cinematography
Makeup (WIN)
Visual Effects (WIN)
Sound (WIN)
Sound Editing (WIN)

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $204,843,345 39.4%
+ Foreign: $315,000,000 60.6%
= Worldwide: $519,843,345

12 Monkeys

Supporting Actor: Brad Pitt
Costume Design

Total Nominations: 2
Total Wins: 0

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $57,141,459 33.8%
+ Foreign: $111,698,000 66.2%
= Worldwide: $168,839,459

*Stats and info provided by boxofficemojo

That should end all discussion right there.... and lets be honest guys... 12 Monkeys is NOT cult status nor timeless like T2!

Jean
10-06-2014, 09:08 AM
excuse me? Are we voting the Academy Awards or the best Sci-Fi according to .org?

becca69
Twelve Monkeys by far. Much more creative and visual appealing!

Jean
hear, hear!!!

mae
10-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Since when do the box office and awards make a classic? Plenty of all-time great films failed at the box office and/or didn't fare well at the Oscars or other awards. Doesn't mean anything.

Jean
10-06-2014, 09:10 AM
Since when do the box office and awards make a classic?
Precisely what I mean. Precisely.

Ben Staad
10-06-2014, 09:23 AM
I feel those stats are a good indicator. They certainly do not tell the whole story or provide every bit of information however they do provide insight as to what the industry felt about the film(s) and how the general public felt about the film(s).

Personal feelings and opinions can buck the system every time. I did not think 12 Monkeys was very good whereas I thought T2 was.

webstar1000
10-06-2014, 09:24 AM
Since when do the box office and awards make a classic? Plenty of all-time great films failed at the box office and/or didn't fare well at the Oscars or other awards. Doesn't mean anything.

Agree.... look at Shawshank... it was a dud at the box office... BUT it is a reason in a dead tie to sway a certain way...

fernandito
10-06-2014, 09:26 AM
Much more creative and visual appealing!
I love 12 Monkeys, but there is nothing in that film more visually appealing than the kind of things you'll see in T2. Whatever things 12M might have an edge on, SFX is certainly not one of them!

WeDealInLead
10-06-2014, 09:27 AM
T2. I've seen at least 50 times.

mae
10-06-2014, 09:36 AM
Twelve Monkeys is a much smarter time travel film than Terminator 2, I think. As a piece of cinema, Twelve Monkeys is also better, on every level. T2 is certainly the more fun flick, granted, but it's designed to be that. Both are not, for me, in the top 5 or 10 of all-time sci-fi films (where's 2001, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Blade Runner, Forbidden Planet, etc. etc.?), but 12M is definitely better than T2. Again, the original Terminator was better than T2, as we discussed earlier :) And when I say better, I mean as a film, as a piece of cinematic art. T2 is pure popcorn fun and it's excellent at that.

Jean
10-06-2014, 09:47 AM
I love 12 Monkeys, but there is nothing in that film more visually appealing than the kind of things you'll see in T2. Whatever things 12M might have an edge on, SFX is certainly not one of them!
you know, of course, feverish, that the day bears will take SFX into account while appreciating a film will be the day the Earth not only stands still, but turns the other way? http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_grin.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/bear_grin.gif.html)

fernandito
10-06-2014, 09:51 AM
Twelve Monkeys is a much smarter time travel film than Terminator 2, I think.
Hmm... elaborate.

And when I say better, I mean as a film, as a piece of cinematic art. T2 is pure popcorn fun and it's excellent at that.
I'd argue that T2 made a much deeper impact on cinema as an art than 12 Monkeys did.

webstar1000
10-06-2014, 09:53 AM
Twelve Monkeys is a much smarter time travel film than Terminator 2, I think.
Hmm... elaborate.

And when I say better, I mean as a film, as a piece of cinematic art. T2 is pure popcorn fun and it's excellent at that.
I'd argue that T2 made a much deeper impact on cinema as an art than 12 Monkeys did.

I would like to have that elaborated as well:)

fernandito
10-06-2014, 09:54 AM
you know, of course, feverish, that the day bears will take SFX into account while appreciating a film will be the day the Earth not only stands still, but turns the other way? http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_grin.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/bear_grin.gif.html)
Oh but of course! :lol:

SFX's by themselves are often mere window dressing... however in this case, the SFX are an integral component in selling the illusion of a relentless, unstoppable killing machine that not even a force of nature like Arnold can defeat. A film like this is only as good as its villain, and T2 succeeds with flying colors in this regard because of the work that went into crafting its big baddie.

Jean
10-06-2014, 09:57 AM
To tell you the truth, I think T2 is perfection incarnate, as far as a sci-fi film goes. Which Twelve Monkeys is not. But we've known each other since time out of mind, so I believe you totally understand what I am trying to say when I say that TM is a bears' type of film (regardless of the genre).

mae
10-06-2014, 09:59 AM
I posted a link to an article where it talk about how the time travel in T2 doesn't make a lot of sense if you really think about it. It's actually more solid in T1 (and, again, yes, T1 is better than T2 :P).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t81lxB2qj5c

fernandito
10-06-2014, 10:09 AM
...But we've known each other since time out of mind, so I believe you totally understand what I am trying to say when I say that TM is a bears' type of film (regardless of the genre).
And so I do, brother Bear. And so I do! :)

Jean
10-06-2014, 10:11 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif.html)http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif.html)http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif.html)

fernandito
10-06-2014, 10:35 AM
I posted a link to an article where it talk about how the time travel in T2 doesn't make a lot of sense if you really think about it. It's actually more solid in T1 (and, again, yes, T1 is better than T2 :P).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t81lxB2qj5c

Stupid work comp won't let me watch videos :(

And watchoo talking about, Willis? (no pun intended lol). The biggest time travel paradox is present in T1 as well (Kyle impregnating Sarah with John). You have to give certain concessions when dealing with time travel films because of their tendency to invoke the Grandfather Paradox. Even the time travel in 12 Monkeys is not airtight.

The fact is that these inconsistencies are usually in the peripheral as we are willing to turn a blind eye to them in favor of a good fable, which both of these films are. They both deal with humanity being humanity's downfall, albeit in very different ways.

RUBE
10-06-2014, 11:17 AM
Twelve Monkeys just won

fernandito
10-06-2014, 11:19 AM
Twelve Monkeys just won

Oh...

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/063/Picture_2_c.jpg

mae
10-06-2014, 11:19 AM
:excited:

DoctorDodge
10-06-2014, 11:24 AM
The biggest time travel paradox is present in T1 as well (Kyle impregnating Sarah with John). You have to give certain concessions when dealing with time travel films because of their tendency to invoke the Grandfather Paradox. Even the time travel in 12 Monkeys is not airtight.

Actually, that's the kind of time travel that, when done right, I enjoy the most. There's two kinds of time travel story: there's "time travel changes history", which is a bit of an easy story to tell, and then there's the idea that time travel is history, that it's a natural part of the timeline i.e. "the future is history", like the tagline of Twelve Monkeys states. The time travel in The Terminator only ceases to make sense when T2 comes along, because T1 goes with the idea that, despite Kyle's/John's words, there is fate within time travel, for better (causing John to be born) or worse (the Terminator going back in time originally accelerating technology to cause Skynet to exist in the first place, something made very clear in a deleted scene). And then T2 comes along and goes for the "the future/history can change". Not that I'm taking anything away from the brilliance of T2, it's a fantastic story in its own right, but it's just something to keep in mind when thinking about the time travel of each film. There are some series that flow seamlessly from one film to the next, and then there's others when each instalment should be judged purely on its own merits. The Terminator films are definitely the latter! :lol:

As for Twelve Monkeys: it's by far the best and most satisfying time travel movie I've seen, as far as the idea of time travel and fate are intertwined is concerned. It's incredibly difficult to tell a story like that, to make sure that all the pieces are in place and, perhaps most important of all, not come across as a massively pretentious wanker who's trying to show off how clever he is (this Jean is part of the reason why it's taking me a while to write the novel, but rest assured, I have been writing it). T2 is a fantastic science-fiction film overall, but as far as time travel movies are concerned, Twelve Monkeys is definitely one of the best.

webstar1000
10-06-2014, 02:38 PM
Bullshit

Mattrick
10-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Ill say my vote made the difference :p

RUBE
10-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Actually I put in my vote at 2:14 CST, one minute before the poll closed, with the movies tied. Therefore it was the tiebreaker.

It was a very hard decision to make and I am not even 100% sure it was the correct one. I love both of these movies. If we do an action-movie poll, T2 would definitely get my vote there.

Heather19
10-07-2014, 06:01 AM
Oh wow, I come back after a few days and see that 12 Monkeys won! I am pleasantly surprised by all the love that it got. Both films were great though, so I wouldn't have minded if T2 ended up winning.

Jean
10-07-2014, 08:30 AM
Can't believe it!! Can't fucking believe it!!!!!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/poohbear.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/poohbear.gif.html)http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/poohbear.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/poohbear.gif.html)http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/poohbear.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/poohbear.gif.html)http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/poohbear.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/poohbear.gif.html)http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/poohbear.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/poohbear.gif.html)http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/poohbear.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/poohbear.gif.html)

fernandito
10-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Congratulations to 12 Monkeys!

Mattrick
10-07-2014, 01:40 PM
Actually I put in my vote at 2:14 CST, one minute before the poll closed, with the movies tied. Therefore it was the tiebreaker.

It was a very hard decision to make and I am not even 100% sure it was the correct one. I love both of these movies. If we do an action-movie poll, T2 would definitely get my vote there.

Yes, but it was down by two when I vote. After I voted, there was a shift in momentum with all votes going to the monkeys, what we Canadians know as the TSN turning Point :p You may have put the puck in the net, but I stole the puck and madr a nice play yo make that goal happen. :p. This is all tongue in cheek, of course.

Still Servant
10-07-2014, 04:37 PM
I have no problem with 12 Monkeys winning.

This tournament was great fun. I'd like to once again thank all involved. I'd like to see you all come back here for the Oscar tournament in February, it's only one night (we have to beat Heather).

I must say that 12 Monkeys winning is somewhat of a surprise. I thought it would go far in the tournament, but I didn't think it would win the whole thing. Quite a dark horse.

Ricky
10-08-2014, 07:31 AM
I'd like to see you all come back here for the Oscar tournament in February, it's only one night (we have to beat Heather).

:rofl:

Jean
10-08-2014, 07:48 AM
I have no problem with 12 Monkeys winning.

This tournament was great fun. I'd like to once again thank all involved. I'd like to see you all come back here for the Oscar tournament in February, it's only one night (we have to beat Heather).

I must say that 12 Monkeys winning is somewhat of a surprise. I thought it would go far in the tournament, but I didn't think it would win the whole thing. Quite a dark horse.
I can't even express my feelings!! I've only just seen this film, and fell in love with it, and I don't remember there ever being any big fuss about it... and I totally didn't expect it to win, or even to move high, because films I love very seldom do (all my nominees lost pathetically in the Horrors tournament)... and voilą!!!!!!!!!!!

T-Dogz_AK47
10-08-2014, 11:33 AM
Interesting that the best Sci-fi film of all time is under twenty years old... :evil: