PDA

View Full Version : Stephen King Novel Summarized in 140 Characters

racerx45
09-19-2014, 04:33 PM
An amusing article

Every Stephen King Novel Summarized in 140 Characters or Less (http://litreactor.com/columns/every-stephen-king-novel-summarized-in-140-characters-or-less)

My favorite
The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger (1982)
Clint Eastwood chases Johnny Cash.

Girlystevedave
09-20-2014, 11:06 AM
:lol: These are awesome!

I think my favorite one is the "It" one:

It (1986)
Small town kids join together to battle evil and then celebrate by having a sewer orgy.

Thanks for sharing.

Merlin1958
09-21-2014, 12:52 AM
Yeah, very funny. I guess my favorite is:

The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three (1987)
Clint Eastwood rescues Jesse Pinkman.

CRinVA
09-22-2014, 05:36 AM
My fave is

The Plant (2000)
A writer sends a manuscr—

Dan
09-22-2014, 12:20 PM
I had no idea that Stephen King wrote Odd Thomas !?!:orely:

fernandito
09-22-2014, 02:03 PM

That's mine too lol.

Doubly cool considering Aaron Paul was long rumored to be up for the role of Eddie.

Merlin1958
09-22-2014, 08:48 PM

That's mine too lol.

Doubly cool considering Aaron Paul was long rumored to be up for the role of Eddie.

Yeah, and he should have said:

Clint Eastwood rescues Jesse Pinkman, BITCH!!!

Jean
09-23-2014, 03:07 AM
My fave is

The Plant (2000)
A writer sends a manuscr—
mine too

Mattrick
09-28-2014, 04:18 PM
Only real funny one was Odd Thomas...unless that was some Koontzey Kingo collabo I didn't know about lol

The Stand: A battle between good and evil where evil destroys itself without the Good.
Carrie: If Upworthy existed back then this could have been avoided.

Norris Ridgewick
01-02-2015, 09:25 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why the two Odd Thomas books were on that list. Logic says it's a joke, but there's not really a joke reason for putting them in there. And it seems truly impossible to mistakenly think King wrote them. In any event, My favorite was the one for Duma Key. Writer Painter.

zelig
01-06-2015, 10:45 PM

I don't spent much time in this part of DT.org. I find keeping up to date with events over at Calvins Corner is like a full-time job... but I stumbled over here to write about finishing Doctor Sleep, and came across this thread. I haven't read them all yet, but this DTII one is terrific. I remember all through reading DTII, how much Eddie made me think about Jesse Pinkman, like it was him for sure... forgive me for not knowing any backstory about the similarities between Eddie and the Aaron Paul character, but he'd be a perfect actor to play that role....I'll go read the others now from that article...

Theli
02-27-2015, 03:02 AM
What a great read. This might have been my fav:

Pet Sematary (1983)
*cemetery

or maybe

Ur (2009)
*you’re

mattgreenbean
02-27-2015, 06:08 AM
I hate people like this. They say there insults are friendly jokes but they're just laughing at someone else expense.
Max Booth III is probably a great person, but I don't care for this list at all.

ps I know, don't take it so seriously. But I can't help it. His mother should have taught him better.

racerx45
02-27-2015, 08:36 AM
I hate people like this. They say there insults are friendly jokes but they're just laughing at someone else expense.
Max Booth III is probably a great person, but I don't care for this list at all.

ps I know, don't take it so seriously. But I can't help it. His mother should have taught him better.

I didn’t take it that way at all. I felt it was more a comment on how ridiculous it is to try and reduce something to 140 characters.

mattgreenbean
02-27-2015, 10:54 AM

I didn’t take it that way at all. I felt it was more a comment on how ridiculous it is to try and reduce something to 140 characters.

Yeah, maybe. But he could have shown that it's hard to reduce to 140 characters without making a joke out of King's catalog.

The Long Walk (1979)
A cautionary tale against blue balls.
(You said balls, good one.)

Thinner (1984)
Fat people deserve to die.
(Yep that's what King want people to take away from this one.)

The Eyes of the Dragon (1987)
The book that inspired HBO’s Game of Thrones.
(oh man, you're so funny)

Gerald’s Game (1992)
50 Shades of S.K.
(Which is not even close to what the book is about.)

I have a feeling he thought he was being witty and that young people will enjoy his Comedy Central-esque article.

Girlystevedave
02-27-2015, 10:58 AM

Yeah, that's what I thought. Also, he says in the beginning that he's an avid King reader. I think he's just making a jab at something he enjoys.
It's almost like a celebrity roast of King's works. :lol:

racerx45
02-27-2015, 11:32 AM

Yeah, that's what I thought. Also, he says in the beginning that he's an avid King reader. I think he's just making a jab at something he enjoys.
It's almost like a celebrity roast of King's works. :lol:

That is a great analogy and the best part is we didn’t have to endure Jeff Ross or Lisa Lampanelli.

Girlystevedave
02-27-2015, 11:36 AM
:lol: So very true.

Theli
02-27-2015, 04:38 PM

This attitude is just sad.