PDA

View Full Version : Shining, The (1980)

Aaron
01-18-2008, 09:14 AM
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/fatuhiva/wiki/tn_shining.jpg

dogbert
06-07-2009, 03:56 AM
IMO still the best King book to movie adaptation ever :drool: I know King himself didn't like it - but I reckon Stanley Kubrick did an amazing job and so what if he left some scenes out? If you want the wasp scene, read the book! Kubrick was a genius director and this movie is in my top 10 movies of all time :rock:

John_and_Yoko
06-07-2009, 02:26 PM
IMO still the best King book to movie adaptation ever :drool: I know King himself didn't like it - but I reckon Stanley Kubrick did an amazing job and so what if he left some scenes out? If you want the wasp scene, read the book! Kubrick was a genius director and this movie is in my top 10 movies of all time :rock:

I think what bothered Stephen King most about this adaptation was the lack of heart and warmth which pervades all his writings and most adaptations of such, not the specific changes or omissions or additions. I do know he personally didn't care for the casting decisions, though....

But he was impressed with Kubrick's filmmaking abilities and the technical aspects of the film--in fact, I think he said his feelings about the film evened out to zero (his likes and dislikes cancelling each other out, in other words).