PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Corner & Old-Timers Inquiry

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Dolan
05-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Welcome collectors - tell us about yourself here. Maybe tell us about your most prized collectible?

Ari_Racing
05-10-2007, 05:27 AM
Hello.
I'm Ari, I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina, and my most preciated item is my personalized Lisey's Story. The other one is my set DT1-4 Viking 1sts signed.
:)

jhanic
05-10-2007, 06:46 AM
Hi, I'm John from the Cleveland, Ohio area. I've been collecting King for a long, long time (I'm probably one of the oldest members of these forums!) and have most of the signed limiteds, many of the proofs and most of the first editions of King's works, both from the US and the UK. I also have a number of signed works.

My most prized King possession is really hard to determine. I have a signed numbered copy of The New Lieutenants Rap and a copy of the US proof of Cell. Both are fairly rare!

John

Matt
05-10-2007, 07:30 AM
I would love to showcase some collections on the site page for this forum (I am going to try and set it up to look like a restaurant)

So takes some photos you guys and have them ready for us to publish out there.

I think it would be a great way to interact and highlight great collections.

<--told everyone he knows that King collectibles is all he wants on holidays for the rest of his life.

Brice
05-10-2007, 07:40 AM
My name's Brice Beede. I'm from Boston, Mass. but live in North Carolina now. I know what the most valuable items in my collection are. I'm not so sure about which is most prized though. I treasure them all dearly...every bookmark and cheap paperback. I think my SK collection as a whole is my most prized possesion though.

Randall Flagg
05-10-2007, 07:59 AM
I would love to showcase some collections on the site page for this forum (I am going to try and set it up to look like a restaurant)

So takes some photos you guys and have them ready for us to publish out there.

I'm sure we have photos ready now....I know I do.

Brice
05-10-2007, 08:05 AM
Yeah, I don't think any of the collectors would have trouble finding pics of their collections. :lol:

Matt
05-10-2007, 08:14 AM
:lol:

I'm stupid

If I had anything near what you guys have I would not only photo it but also sleep with it.

Okay, dig those pics up then--could be people need an update for newer stuff.

<--grasping at straws. :D

Brice
05-10-2007, 08:22 AM
I'll have to wait to post most of mine. The bulk of my collection is in storage.
Still I have my more valuable books here with me but, my only means of posting pics is the other computer and it won't get a signal right now. :(
The rest of these guys can probably innundate you with pictures though. There probably should be a thread just for that.

Randall Flagg
05-10-2007, 08:24 AM
There probably should be a thread just for that.

Yes. I figured that I would let someone else kick it off.

Matt
05-10-2007, 08:24 AM
Good thread idea Brice

Brice
05-10-2007, 08:25 AM
Well, I would but...since I can't get to my pictures...I'll let someone else do it too.

Matt
05-10-2007, 08:26 AM
There it is. :nana:

Brice
05-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Cool! :D

Patrick
05-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Hi, I'm Patrick. It's great to see so many familiar people stopping by the Restaurant. Please go ahead and invite any other collectors that you don't see here already.

My most valuable collectible has got to be my Signed Limited (S/L) of THE STAND. It is truly a beautiful production - and a great book! My most prized book is difficult to decide, but it would be either my (unsigned) 1st edition/1st printing (1st/1st) of THE GUNSLINGER or my personally inscribed copy of HEART-SHAPED BOX by Joe Hill from the second time I met him.

I'm sure someone will start a Collectible Hill thread sometime soon. :)

Welcome Everyone!

Nerak
05-10-2007, 04:58 PM
I am Karen. Originally from Lynn Ma but living in Exeter, NH and don't plan on leaving any time soon.

I have been reading King since I was 15. I have been collecting since I was in my 20's. I started with just the hard covers and paperbacks. I didn't move onto signed limiteds until recently.

My most prized possession??? Not even King. I have a signed Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince from Harry Carrie and Garp. Something that I will cherish forever....

Cutter
05-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Hi, my name is Geoff!

I like long walks in the park, mint chocolate chip ice cream, and reading horror novels.

I’m looking for a SWF who likes long walks in the park, mint chocolate chip ice cream and reading horror novels.

I’m from Ohio, and King is who I collect the most, his books dwarf the rest of my collection. But as some have noticed from the DT.net I collect a lot of other authors. Ray Bradbury, Neil Gaiman, and Charles de Lint are probably my next largest group. But I’m getting into Brian Keene, and have been a collector of Ray Garton, Joe Lansdale, Dean Koontz, and Douglas Clegg for a while, as well as many others. If it’s interesting, I’ll buy it, lol.

I'm with Patrick, I think the Limited Edition of The Stand is probably my most prised King book I own.

Patrick
05-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Excellent intro, Geoff. :rofl:

I think we ought to start separate threads at some point for each author (Bradbury, Gaiman, Hill, Koontz, etc.) to showcase those collectibles, then others who collect an author, or are just really interested in that author, can add on to that particular thread.

If the idea turns out to be lousy, we can always just merge them all together later.

Aaron
05-10-2007, 10:12 PM
My name is Aaron and I live in Denver, CO. My most prized collectible would probably be my Drawing of the Three collection. I have 1st and 2nd Grant editions and the Viking edition signed by Phil Hale, and the CastleRock newsletter for the release of Drawing of the Three, also signed by Hale. Also, I have a collection of signed prints from Hale's paintings for the 2nd edition.

wizardsrainbow
05-11-2007, 04:46 AM
I'm David, live in CT and work in New York City. I have been reading Stephen King for the better part of 20 years and have been an avid collector of his works for almost 10. More recently, I have begun to collect Dark Tower-related remarques and artwork by Michael Whelan.

My collection is quite large, as Dolan and Nerak can attest, and the Dark Tower series is the heart of my collection. As for favorites in my collection, it would be extremely difficult to single out one item, but ranking high on my pride and joy list are:

8 Michael Whelan remarqued copies of DT VII
5 complete same-numbered S/L DT sets
Lettered Gunslinger
DT VII UK proof (1 of 100, but the only one I believe that is signed by both King and Whelan)

Dolan
05-11-2007, 04:57 AM
My name is Kenny...I am 25, I live in New York City. I have been collecting books since I was 22 and I have quite the collection already (if I dont say so myself). My family has been collecting books for years but not to the extent that I have.

I dont have a whole lot of Stephen King items, but I do have great pieces. I also collect other authors like Philip Roth, Toni Morrison, Cormac McCarthy, and my most recent enjoyment, Joe Hill.

Nerak
05-11-2007, 05:43 AM
Oh yes, I can attest to David's large, um, collection!! :lol:

It's quite impressive!!!

Telynn
05-18-2007, 08:54 PM
Hello.
I'm Ari, I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina, and my most preciated item is my personalized Lisey's Story. The other one is my set DT1-4 Viking 1sts signed.
:)

What is 'personalized'?

jhanic
05-19-2007, 02:22 AM
"Personalized" means the inscription in the book was to him.

John

Telynn
05-19-2007, 07:25 AM
Ohhhh, that is really cool.:thumbsup:

BigCoffinHunter
05-19-2007, 07:54 AM
BigCoffinHunter here. I've been reading Stephen King for about 18 years now and started collecting his stuff about seven years ago.

If you're just getting into collecting, I warn you, STOP NOW! If you must collect, try to keep it simple, which in turn will keep your retirment funds safe. Collecting Stephen King is a state of mind. You keep telling yourself "If only I could get this one piece, my collection would be complete, and I'd be happy..." But guess what? It never ends... A matched set of Dark Tower I-VII was my "Holy Grail," and yet after acquiring mine only nine months after starting my collection, I just couldn't stop. Over $50,000.00 later, I'm still not satisfied.

Thankfully I'm only 24, and once you old timers start dying off: All Your Base Are Belong to Me! Muahahaha

Oh, and for the love of God, don't try to outbid Wizard, lest you be caught in the crosshairs of his mighty collecting pistols of doom :shoot:

wizardsrainbow
05-19-2007, 04:27 PM
BigCoffinHunter here. I've been reading Stephen King for about 18 years now and started collecting his stuff about seven years ago.

If you're just getting into collecting, I warn you, STOP NOW! If you must collect, try to keep it simple, which in turn will keep your retirment funds safe. Collecting Stephen King is a state of mind. You keep telling yourself "If only I could get this one piece, my collection would be complete, and I'd be happy..." But guess what? It never ends... A matched set of Dark Tower I-VII was my "Holy Grail," and yet after acquiring mine only nine months after starting my collection, I just couldn't stop. Over $50,000.00 later, I'm still not satisfied.

Thankfully I'm only 24, and once you old timers start dying off: All Your Base Are Belong to Me! Muahahaha

Oh, and for the love of God, don't try to outbid Wizard, lest you be caught in the crosshairs of his mighty collecting pistols of doom :shoot:

Hi Tom!
So glad to see you here! Welcome. And, people, don't believe a word he says about bidding against me...I'm as gentle as a pussycat;)

BigCoffinHunter
05-19-2007, 06:38 PM
A pussycat, huh? I'm guessing more like a lion. :evil:

Telynn
05-19-2007, 07:24 PM
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6557/stoooofed679xh3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

NeedfulKings
05-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Hile, friends. I've been collecting King for a few years. What started out as a few tattered paperbacks and book club editions seems to be shaping up nicely. Nothing TOO impressive yet, but I've got mostly 1st/1st hardcovers. What's not a 1st is at a minimum a later printing (Carrie through Night Shift).

My prize books are my DT collection (Gunslinger 2nd, the rest are 1st and Artist editions). I've got Lisey's story signed as a memento of seeing King live.

I collect other authors like Richard Laymon, Ray Garton, Michael Arnzen (an old Army buddy) and now Joe Hill.

And no, I'd never bid against Wiz! My pocket's are not deep enough!!! :D :D

tippy4
05-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Hello Fellow Collectors!

Some of you may know me from ebay, and some of you may know me from the DT.NET.

I have been reading King since my teens, which is about half of my life.

I have been collecting for about eight years now with my first signed/limited being Dark Tower 4. It has been an expensive journey, but a fun one.

I am looking forward to some interesting and spirited discussions.

Sincerely,

a kinder/gentler tippy4 :innocent:

Nerak
05-20-2007, 06:03 AM
Welcome to everyone!!

It's nice to see the hodge podge of collectors we have here.

From the seriously nutty (David) to the starters.

Looking forward to many a good discussion on the finer points of collecting King.

BigCoffinHunter
05-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Well if it isn't tippy4, risen from the dead. To use one of our colorful southern phrases:

"You stay oughta trouble, y'heah?"

Scoogs
05-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Hey gang,

Most of you know me from DT.N.
For those that don't I'm Kyle, I live in Kenosha, WI (right between Milwaukee and Chicago) and I'm way too poor for this hobby! I like books, especially well made books, which is what lead me to collecting in the first place. I already have most of what I want, at least until the Revised Gunslinger S/L is released.

MonteGss
05-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Hey gang,

For those that don't I'm Kyle, I live in Kenosha, WI (right between Milwaukee and Chicago) and I'm way too poor for this hobby! I like books, especially well made books, which is what lead me to collecting in the first place. I already have most of what I want, at least until the Revised Gunslinger S/L is released.

Marshfield, WI is where I grew up. :)
Not exactly close but...

wizardsrainbow
05-22-2007, 04:06 AM
Hey gang,

Hi Kyle!!! Welcome to the site. And a welcome to Tippy as well. Haven't talked to you in ages, my friend! Glad you are well.

The Red Rose
05-22-2007, 06:21 AM
Well hello there all you crazy collectors, of course most of us know each other from DT.Net already but welcome to the newer collectors!

My name is Mick, I live in Cornwall in the UK. Been collecting for about three years now and have nowhere near what some of the other collectors have on their shelves. I'd like to have more but I'm happy to have what we do.

Collecting seriously requires finance, dedication, patience, learning and knowledge and if you have any questions there is always someone that will do their best to help as all the collectors are a GREAT bunch of people. I'm proud to say that I consider all of you to be friends!

It's great to see the new site up and running and to be a part of it :rock:

CRinVA
05-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Hey I'm CRinVA on most boards - many know me by my real name Bob!

I have been collecting King since around 1980. My prized possession - well that is hard to say; it might be the First Edition Carrie that I recently won (thanks Ceri); or my Six Stories that I was lucky enough to purchase at the original asking price of $80; or my personalized The Stand (the Complete and unabridged version); or even my Lighthouse VI (Stephen King Special Edition) paperback which contains Can' Ka No Rey - my first professional sale of a 2,000 word poem that retells the entire Dark Tower Story!

Matt
05-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Wow!!

Those are some accomplishments there. Make sure you posts some pics so I can add you to our collectors page. :D

Randall Flagg
05-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Tippy,

I'm very happy to see you here.
Welcome.

tippy4
05-22-2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks guys!

The welcome is appreciated!

Good to "see" you all again too!

Sir_Boomme
05-22-2007, 06:38 PM
:cowboy: hi... my name is Sir_Boomme.....

and i'm a habitual repeat collector....

Randall Flagg
05-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Welcome Sir_Boomme.
http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/5287/penguin8db.gif

Matt
05-23-2007, 06:35 AM
Welcome Sir Boome. :D

Looks like I have some collections to post tonight on the web site. :rock:

Nerak
05-23-2007, 06:45 AM
Hey GUYS!!! Welcome!!

{{{{{{{{{Terry}}}}}}}}}

Patrick
05-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Hi everyone. Great to see some familiar faces, some new ones, and especially glad to see Rick back on the boards!

I'm glad you are all here.
- Patrick

shnnrc01
05-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Hey guys,im Barry from Cork, Ireland.Ive been reading King for about 20 years and collecting seriously for about 10.My collection consists of US and UK 1sts, most S/L's, and all short story 1st appearances such as the Cavaliers,Castle Rock Newsletters,Moth,Startling Mysteries etc.My pride and joy? 1)a signed US 1st Carrie, 2) a signed ARC Secretay of Dreams (only 1 maybe?,lmk guys).

Matt
05-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Hey Barry. Welcome to the site.

I would love to see pics of your collection so we could post them on the web page if you like. :D

Patrick
05-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Hi Barry, glad to make your acquaintance.

Nerak
05-24-2007, 06:26 AM
Hey Barry, welcome to the States! :-D

Glad to have you aboard.

oy-the-brave
05-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi my name is Dave and I'm an alcoholic collector:unsure:

I live in New Mexico, I started reading King around 1975 (15 yo) and became a collector in 1983/84 when I bought my first collectible book, a first edition Gunslinger for 185.00, thought I must have been crazy. Over the years I have owned a lot of King S/L's (The Stand, Skeleton Crew, Eyes of the Dragon, Six Stories etc.) all purchased at issue price, unfortunately all sold in hard times. I did manage to hold on to the DT series starting with The Wastelands and added TDoTT (thanks David) recently. The sale of my House in CA and move to NM allowed me to purchase some of Jae Lee's fantastic Gunslinger Born art (11 pages so far) and my "Holy Grail" a Whelan remarqued DT7.

wizardsrainbow
05-25-2007, 05:17 AM
Welcome Dave! Glad to have you here. And you are welcome for the S/L Drawing of the Three. Now, if only I could find you a S/L Gunslinger.

Nerak
05-25-2007, 07:34 AM
Welcome Dave! Glad to have you here. And you are welcome for the S/L Drawing of the Three. Now, if only I could find you a S/L Gunslinger.

ME FIRST!!!!!!!! :shoot:

Welcome, Dave!! :rock:

Patrick
05-25-2007, 11:39 PM
Great to see you, Dave!

... allowed me to purchase some of Jae Lee's fantastic Gunslinger Born art (11 pages so far) ...

Hope you post pics of these in the original comic art thread. Pretty please. :)

nyy3723a
05-31-2007, 09:13 AM
Hey Everyone -

My name is Jim from NY. I've been a Constant Reader since I was a high school kid in the late 80s - first King book I read was the HC of The Dark Half to give you a tighter time frame. Over the years I managed to gather a collection of trade HCs of all King's work.

My first toe in the water of true collecting was this past December when I got my s/l SoD. Since then, I've added a bunch of limiteds to my collection, but nothing particularly rare - such as the limiteds of Desperation & Insomnia, My Pretty Pony, etc... Like I said, things that are pretty much readily available, but still a nice foundation to being building my collection.

Hope we've been well met and to become a regular contributor to this board.

wizardsrainbow
05-31-2007, 12:10 PM
Hey Everyone -

My name is Jim from NY. I've been a Constant Reader since I was a high school kid in the late 80s - first King book I read was the HC of The Dark Half to give you a tighter time frame. Over the years I managed to gather a collection of trade HCs of all King's work.

My first toe in the water of true collecting was this past December when I got my s/l SoD. Since then, I've added a bunch of limiteds to my collection, but nothing particularly rare - such as the limiteds of Desperation & Insomnia, My Pretty Pony, etc... Like I said, things that are pretty much readily available, but still a nice foundation to being building my collection.

Hope we've been well met and to become a regular contributor to this board.

Welcome Jim. We are indeed well met. What part of NY do you hail from (as it's a BIG state)? I work in NYC during the week. Dolan lives and works in the city. If you are a city dweller, that would be pretty cool!

Welcome and we look forward to you comments/pictures etc in the Collector's Forum.

Patrick
05-31-2007, 02:09 PM
Welcome from the west coast as well, Jim! Glad you've joined us.

Randall Flagg
05-31-2007, 05:12 PM
Welcome Jim.
Hope to see you here often.

nyy3723a
06-01-2007, 04:40 AM
Welcome Jim. We are indeed well met. What part of NY do you hail from (as it's a BIG state)? I work in NYC during the week. Dolan lives and works in the city. If you are a city dweller, that would be pretty cool!

Welcome and we look forward to you comments/pictures etc in the Collector's Forum.

Hi Wizard - live and work on Long Island, make my way into Manhattan a few times a year though, so I'm pretty darn close to you guys. I think I will become a regular around here, I've gotten the King collecting bug pretty bad and, as money allows, I'll be looking to add to my collection as often as I can!

I recently decided that its time to divest myself of all my DVD & CDs on e-bay, so any profits I make from there will be redirected into my King collection. Unfortunatley, I wont be able to post any pics for a while, I recently moved and won't be unpacking my books until early next year when I finally get to set my new media room up, but as soon as I can post pics, I will!

And thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Nerak
06-01-2007, 09:14 AM
Don't talk to Dave (Wiz) too much, he may affect your wallet! LOL

J/K Love you Dave!!! :wub:

Patrick
06-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Gotta respect a person who sells off their other worldly possessions in order to buy more SK books.

You've definitely come to the right place.

wizardsrainbow
06-02-2007, 02:40 AM
Don't talk to Dave (Wiz) too much, he may affect your wallet! LOL

J/K Love you Dave!!! :wub:

I resemble that remark!!!!
Back at ya Karen :huglove:

nyy3723a
06-04-2007, 05:28 AM
Gotta respect a person who sells off their other worldly possessions in order to buy more SK books.

You've definitely come to the right place.

:thumbsup:

I'm also wondering if the time is right to finally sell my comic books from when I was a kid. My only issue is not knowing hwo to grade them properly for posting on E-Bay - I need to look into that.

Cuthbert Allbad
06-09-2007, 06:55 AM
Sold all my comics after my separation. Hard grading 'em and hard getting top dollar for 'em on Ebay. There are just too many people selling the same thing.

Cried when i had to sell my FF #1 and X-men #1. I had sooo many key issues from the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, etc.

Randall Flagg
06-09-2007, 07:14 AM
Sorry to hear about having to part with your collecion.
Time to start a new one.

Cuthbert Allbad
06-11-2007, 07:17 AM
No space to hold 'em. I had over 55 long boxes. All bagged/boarded.
I think i got into it sooo much as a way to buy happiness during an unhappy marriage. I always thought the next back issue would finally be the last one i needed to complete my collection. Never happened. Much like Roland, this was an impossible quest.

Do i miss 'em? Not really. It was kinda freeing not being that addicted to comics. Now, i only buy the ones that interest me. Once done with 'em, i pass 'em on to tick-tock boy.

Only kept two out of my collection FF #66 and 67. Purchased at a comic convention in NYC the day my son was born. The issue are 1st appearance and origin of Him a.ka. Adam Warlock. Sometimes i think i should've named my son that.

Patrick
06-11-2007, 04:28 PM
... Only kept two out of my collection FF #66 and 67. Purchased at a comic convention in NYC the day my son was born. ...
Is it safe to assume that you plan to pass them along to him someday? Very cool.

nyy3723a
06-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Hard grading 'em and hard getting top dollar for 'em on Ebay. There are just too many people selling the same thing.

That is the only thing holding me back from doing it. I know I'll be disapointed in both the time I need to put into grading and the amount of cash I'll actually get from it. One of these days...

Dolan
06-28-2007, 03:05 PM
I've been such a bad moderator! I have been neglecting you guys for so long. I was on vacation though and I'm glad to be back and also glad to see that everything is managing fine without me thanks to Patrick and Randall!

jhanic
06-28-2007, 06:12 PM
We forgive you, Kenny!

(Welcome back!)

John

Patrick
06-28-2007, 11:36 PM
I've missed you, Kenny. Glad you're back!

Matt
06-29-2007, 06:30 AM
Same here, nice to see you back around Kenny

Airtraffic
10-14-2007, 05:56 PM
your doing a very good job here dolan. as always ;).

Matt
10-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Hey Airtraffic--great to see you.

Airtraffic
10-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Yeap, it's been a long time. Just got back from Kuwait, started work again, had my 2nd Son, Family all over the place and now things are getting back to normal. Thank God. This place looks good and I think it will be fun just being a regular member...whew.... ;)

Randall Flagg
10-14-2007, 08:03 PM
WELCOME BACK AT!
So good to see you here. Check it out, this place is pretty cool.

wizardsrainbow
10-15-2007, 02:54 AM
Yeap, it's been a long time. Just got back from Kuwait, started work again, had my 2nd Son, Family all over the place and now things are getting back to normal. Thank God. This place looks good and I think it will be fun just being a regular member...whew.... ;)

Welcome home Air!!! And congratulations on your second child!!!!:dance:

This is a great place. You're gonna like it here.

Storyslinger
10-15-2007, 06:09 AM
Welcome to those who I missed since friday

Matt
10-15-2007, 06:14 AM

Thank for the compliments on the site and congratulations on being home and your new baby. :couple:

jhanic
10-15-2007, 08:27 AM
I said it in another place, but here it is again:

Welcome back, Air!

John

Airtraffic
10-15-2007, 11:58 AM
Thanks guys.

Letti
10-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Thanks guys.

:rose:

Ari_Racing
10-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Welcome back and congratulations, Air! :)

Patrick
10-15-2007, 09:40 PM
Airtraffic! It is so great to hear from you again! Glad to hear things are going well with you and your family. Welcome home! :nana:

wizardsrainbow
10-16-2007, 03:38 AM
Welcome to my good buddy Super Sam!!! Anybody on this site from Sweden other than you Sam?

Storyslinger
10-16-2007, 08:17 AM
Welcome Sam and Airtraffic :D

Patrick
10-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Hi Super Sam! Glad you've joined up!

fernandito
10-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Welcome to my good buddy Super Sam!!! Anybody on this site from Sweden other than you Sam?

I believe that Jos is from Sweden too, but she doesn't post much.

Scoogs
10-22-2007, 06:47 PM
Hey gang.
Since the other site seems to be almost dead in the water, I figure it's high time I check this site out a little more.

Welcome back Air

Randall Flagg
10-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Scoogs....!!!
Glad to have you drop by.
I hope you will find things accommodating here.

Matt
10-23-2007, 06:17 AM
Hey gang.
Since the other site seems to be almost dead in the water, I figure it's high time I check this site out a little more.

Welcome back Air

Good to see you Scoogs, we have all kinds of thing happening here. :cyclops:

Storyslinger
10-23-2007, 07:00 AM
Always happening here :borg:

Patrick
10-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Scoogs! Great to see you. :)

Cutter
10-24-2007, 05:06 AM
Hey gang.

Welcome back Air
And you can actually log in, unlike the other site that takes forever to load. lol

Randall Flagg
10-24-2007, 09:21 AM
And you can actually log in, unlike the other site that takes forever to load. lol

One of the many great things about this site. With more people coming in it will only improve.

Scoogs
10-25-2007, 06:07 PM
Haha, no kidding.
It's good to "see" you guys again.

Work has been completely insane for the last few months, so I don't know how often I'll be posting in the near term.

mattv2099
11-24-2007, 11:59 AM
Hi, my name is Matt and I'm from northwest Washington. I was a lurker and infrequent poster over at .net for the last couple of years. I've been an avid reader since I was a little kid and discovered The Dark Tower about 4 or 5 years ago. I read the series over a coupld of years and was blown away. Probably the best tale I've ever read. I've always loved buying books and Have picked up a few nice editions of Dark Tower books but nothing really worth bragging about.

I read part of It when I was about 10 years old in the late 80's (if I remember correctly). But other than that The Dark Tower is really my first exposure to reading Stephen King.

My best book find ever is a 1st/1st/1st US edition of the second harry potter book in mint condition at goodwill for 3 or 4 $.

I'm currently working on completing my Gunslinger Born collection (multiple copies of each variant) before I move onto larger items. I fully intend to buy a few Whelan prints and hang them in my house.

Other than that I work for a huge corporation as part of its union workforce. I went to Western Washington University where I studied mathematics.
And I collect rare music CD's of my favorite artists (cEvin Key, Ohgr, Phil Western).

Randall Flagg
11-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Mattv2099, welcome to the Corner. Hope to see you around often.

Patrick
11-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Welcome Mattv! I look forward to hearing more from you. The perspective of new collectors is always of interest. :)

wizardsrainbow
12-12-2007, 08:10 AM
I saw Carlosdetweiller (Bob) peek in on a thread yesterday, so WELCOME BOB!! Hope to see you more often! You are REALLY missed!

Wiz

jhanic
12-12-2007, 08:11 AM
And I feel the same way too. Welcome, Bob!

John

Matt
12-12-2007, 08:26 AM
I was so excited to see him here. :excited:

Probably much more than is truly warranted but I heard he was one of the most prolific collectors around. :lol:

Patrick
12-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Welcome Bob, and greetings to all the other collectors who are coming in as well! I'm glad you all have joined us, please make yourselves right at home. :)

wizardsrainbow
12-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Yes, welcome to all the other Collectors and Collector wannabes that have joined us here of late.

I did not intentionally snub you when I welcomed Bob, but cmon, he is like God!

Matt
12-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Its like saying..."Welcome God, and the earth as well" :lol:

carlosdetweiller
12-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Let's not get carried away here.

Seriously, though, thanks for the welcoming words. I think I'll pull up a chair and sit a spell.

Matt
12-12-2007, 03:37 PM

At any rate, its great to have you.

herbertwest
12-12-2007, 04:12 PM
welcome :)

Matt
12-15-2007, 07:49 AM
I just wanted to take a moment and say "thank you" to all the collectors on this site.

The forum itself is fascinating, so informative its actually a joy to sit down and read this stuff. The contributions are amazing.

But besides that, in my experience, you guys are some of the most warm, generous and friendly fanatics I have every been around. :lol:

Seriously though, what a cool thing to get a chance to interact with you guys.

Sir_Boomme
12-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Let's not get carried away here.

Seriously, though, thanks for the welcoming words. I think I'll pull up a chair and sit a spell.

i'm not getting on my knees, but...welcome bob... :clap:
(ok... maybe i am bowing a bit)
god... no
messiah...no
king of King... yes

(ha, as an atheist, i like that little religious pun, how i do entertain myself sometimes):dance:

while not god... bob does own one god-damn great collection doesn't he.

note: if bob was god... then i couldn't believe in him.... sorry bob.

CRinVA
12-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Bob (aka carlosdetweiller) posted the most awesome pics of his SK Collection in his basement on the .net site. How about bringing them over here Bob?

Matt
12-21-2007, 11:53 AM
I would love to see that collection here. I didn't get much of a chance to look at that stuff at .net

I am so hoping that happens. If help is needed, please call on me.

Sir_Boomme
12-21-2007, 01:00 PM
my "Ode to Bob" Haiku

Bob is not a god
Nor is Bob the messiah
King of King... Bob is

(obviously still entertaining myself... last day at work for quite a while... i think i'll quit goofing off and go home)

Matt
12-21-2007, 01:24 PM
Whatever it takes man...whatever it takes. :lol:

Patrick
12-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Those basement book collection books are very impressive. I hope we get to see them again here in this forum! :excited:

carlosdetweiller
12-21-2007, 06:22 PM
I'll try to figure out how ya'll post pics on this site and put some things up. It was pretty easy at tdt.net, not so easy here.

Matt
12-21-2007, 06:53 PM
Really?

I'd sure like to make it as easy as possible so I'm up for suggestions anytime.

carlosdetweiller
12-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Really?

I'd sure like to make it as easy as possible so I'm up for suggestions anytime.

I haven't really tried so I don't know. I just have to figure out which hosting service I will use, set up an account, learn how it works, etc.

jhanic
12-22-2007, 05:06 AM
I've got the same problem. That's why I'm using the thumbnail attachments so often. I'd rather not do those, but I just can't figure out the other.

John

Matt
12-22-2007, 05:24 AM
I would be happy to explain you guys.

TheDarkTower.com works as a hosting service for your images if you would like to use it, not required but it is there.

To host them on this site, simply click the "gallery" link above in the tool bar.

You should see an "upload picture" option on the upper right of your screen.

Once in there you can browse out to the pic on your local drive and choose it. Create a title, description and keywords. The title is all that is required there.

Once you hit upload, the board will automatically put the pic in your "member gallery". Then its hosted like anywhere else. Simply right click the image and...

for IE: choose "properties" and copy the URL in there

for firefox: choose "copy image location"

(one of those two steps have to be done no matter which hosting service you use).

Once they are in your member gallery, I can make sure they get into the collections folder. Once there they are randomly viewable on the site at this page.

http://www.thedarktower.org/collections

I know that seems like a lot but its as simple as going into the gallery and hitting "upload photo"

jhanic
12-22-2007, 05:51 AM
I just uploaded two images and it worked!

I'll be using it now!

Thanks,
John

Matt
12-22-2007, 06:30 AM
:rock:

I am so glad, thanks for using it John.

I forgot to mention that after you have uploaded it and copied the URL location (or other method for firefox), you can post it on the forum but using the "Insert Image" button in the tool bar of the reply box. Just paste the URL in there.

I figure folks probably know that but I wanted to toss it out in case.

jhanic
12-22-2007, 06:56 AM
Thanks for that additional info. I'd have probably screwed it up.

John

Randall Flagg
12-22-2007, 07:00 AM
This thread (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=447) gives deatiled instructions on using the gallery, as well as a hosting service. There are even detailed screen shots.

Matt
12-22-2007, 07:08 AM
dang!

I need to remember to not reinvent the wheel and remember those are out there. :lol:

artan
01-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Hi everybody,

I'm new member. My name is Luca, I write from Italy.

"The gunslinger" (Italian edition) was the first book I bought with my money when I was young.

I would likt to start to collect Dark Tower S/L and my mind is full of questions and doubt :panic:

You have a great forum. Congratulations!!

!!!!Have a nice 2008!!!!

:D

Brice
01-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Hi everybody,

"The gunslinger" (Italian edition) was the first book I bought with my money when I was young.

I would likt to start to collect Dark Tower S/L and my mind is full of questions and doubt :panic:

!!!!Have a nice 2008!!!!

Welcome and Happy New Year! :D

The collector's here should prove an invaluable help to you and should be able to answer most any questions you have. If I can be of any help myself I'd be happy to do so.

Randall Flagg
01-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Welcome Luca. Check out all the threads here. I am sure you will be entertained.
Collecting S/L's is fun-and expensive.

artan
01-02-2008, 03:30 AM
Thanks everybody for your answers!!!

Brice, your words sound like a nice melody for a new member!!!! :excited:

Randall, they are expensive I know...my Bank is afraid!!! :D

I'm Dark Tower fan and I have a new sickness, a new "Virus"....To collect S/L Editions, I will need rare books therapy :)

Note: Sorry for my english, I'm studing :innocent:

Brice
01-02-2008, 06:03 AM
I'm Dark Tower fan and I have a new sickness, a new "Virus"....To collect S/L Editions, I will need rare books therapy :)

Sadly, if book therapy means help to NOT buy books I think you will find little of that help here. :lol: Your sickness can only find encouragement here I think.

artan
01-02-2008, 06:42 AM
Sadly, if book therapy means help to NOT buy books I think you will find little of that help here. :lol: Your sickness can only find encouragement here I think.

Encouragement and help to buy books is what I'm looking for...
I know that you will not look me like a crazy boy !!!! Because you're crazy too!!! :couple:

It's very nice to find a place like this, where "spend lot of money" for a book is not a crime. :)

:shoot:
:pirate:

carlosdetweiller
01-02-2008, 07:05 AM
It's very nice to find a place like this, where "spend lot of money" for a book is not a crime. :)

If it were I would be in prison for life.

Matt
01-02-2008, 07:08 AM

I and would be aspiring to the same

herbertwest
01-02-2008, 09:25 AM
Hi everybody,

!!!!Have a nice 2008!!!!

Welcome!
Maybe would your be interested by what seems to be a 1st Italian SHINING edition? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140194547682&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fse arch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D 140194547682%2509%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1)
Seems to be.. i aint absolutely sure..

jhanic
01-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Artan, be sure you check out the website Stephen King Collector (see the links page). Tomas has almost all the SK limiteds listed there. (He doesn't have a few of the UK editions). He also lists some of the expected prices for these editions. Just remember that collecting Stephen King is addictive!

John

Patrick
01-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Welcome Luca! I'm sure you'll find all the collecting help and encouragement you need here at TDT.com!

artan
01-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Welcome!
Maybe would your be interested by what seems to be a 1st Italian SHINING edition? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140194547682&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fse arch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D 140194547682%2509%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1)

Hi herbertwest,

thanks for the link...
It's 1st. Italian Ed. "The Shining". The first italian title of this book was:
'UNA SPLENDIDA FESTA DI MORTE'
(In a bad english is 'A WONDERFUL PARTY OF DEATH')

really nice :cool:

Now I understand better when Brice wrote:

"Your sickness can only find encouragement here I think."

I'm watching this item in My eBay :D

wizardsrainbow
01-03-2008, 03:17 AM
Welcome artan. Looking forward to your participation in the threads.

What is the significance of your username "artan." Just curious.

herbertwest
01-03-2008, 07:23 AM
Welcome!

Hi herbertwest,

thanks for the link...
It's 1st. Italian Ed. "The Shining". The first italian title of this book was:
'UNA SPLENDIDA FESTA DI MORTE'
(In a bad english is 'A WONDERFUL PARTY OF DEATH')

really nice :cool:

Now I understand better when Brice wrote:

"Your sickness can only find encouragement here I think."

I'm watching this item in My eBay :D

Is it a true 1st ed, 1st print?
glad to see that i could help you to watch an interesting item :-)

welcome buddy

artan
01-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Is it a true 1st ed, 1st print?
glad to see that i could help you to watch an interesting item :-)

welcome buddy

These are all 1st Ed. 1.Print of "Shining" Italian edition

In the list the first one is the "Original one" from SONZOGNO

All books have different Cover (artwork, and format):

1) Title: Una splendida festa di morte - Sonzogno (Original Publisher) - 1978
Cover by: Giancarlo Carloni

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290195329650

2) Title: Una splendida festa di morte - Euroclub - 1979

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270200860009

3) Title: Una splendida festa di morte - Club degli editori (Editor's Club) - 1978

(herbertwest's link)

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140194547682&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:FR:1123

I've asked Info to the seller...about your link: Her editions is the Third one in the list above. Some people would like to have all types :)

Note: Softcover...at the moment I didn't find around an Hardcover version...sorry.

Patrick
03-25-2008, 07:08 PM
I just noticed that our old compadre, different_seasons, aka Aaron, has finally joined this site. Hope he finds his way here to Calvin's Corner. Welcome, Aaron!

:dance:

Patrick
04-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Weathervane7 joined a few days ago. Welcome! We're glad you're here. Please don't hesitate to join in the discussions.

wizardsrainbow
04-03-2008, 08:53 AM
I also want to extend a personal welcome to Mr. Ink (from the old site), also a Whelan fan and also to e_taylor, whom I am doing a transaction with. Eric, I plan to ship the two books to you tomorrow!

different_seasons
04-13-2008, 08:40 AM
Hey people.

I don't know what to say other than here I am. I've just started to look around here and I recognize most of you.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Aaron. I live in Maine, 45 minutes or so from Bangor. I'm a boiler engineer and attend UMA part time. I love Harry Potter, Big Brother, Lost, the bands Down and Otep and Jeeps and Glocks. I'm married with 3 kids. I want a hot little Swedish nanny. I'm still really handsome and buff. I miss the old days at the .net.

I don't collect King anymore but I do still have my books. I read alot of Anne Rice now. I love the DT comics. I love life.

Here's a few pics of whatever, some recent, some not, some reposts.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/different_seasons/100_0956.jpg

The result of the snowblower fund. You know who you are.:thumbsup:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/different_seasons/000_0164.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/different_seasons/000_0157.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/different_seasons/09-30-07_1400-1.jpg

A place I love dearly. I also happened to buy it this year.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/different_seasons/100_1263.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/different_seasons/100_1259.jpg

Let me look for some more.

Matt
04-13-2008, 09:13 AM
Those photos are beautiful DS--I love the woods one, it looks very peaceful.

Thanks for posting them.

Ricky
04-13-2008, 10:05 AM
A place I love dearly. I also happened to buy it this year.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/different_seasons/100_1263.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/4if1c9.jpg

Scoogs
04-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Whoa, welcome back Dif!
Haven't seen you around in a looong time. Those woods look fantastic.

Patrick
04-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Great to see you, Aaron. Those kids just keep getting bigger, don't they?

Do me a favor. Find out if your theoretical Swedish nanny has an imaginary sister to watch my kids. Thanks.

Cutter
04-16-2008, 08:02 AM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/different_seasons/09-30-07_1400-1.jpg

OK who else is thinking of the movie Stand by Me, lol

nice to meet you Aaron!

Sir_Boomme
04-16-2008, 12:30 PM
a BIG ol' welcome to all ya new people !

and specially you diff ;)

different_seasons
04-17-2008, 07:44 AM
Thanks gentlemen.

So is D24 still around? Ky or Air? Is Dolan still a bad speller? How about Voltron?

Private note to Sir Boomme: My dog could beat up your dog, no problem.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/different_seasons/100_1370-1-3.jpg

Some King news from my part of the woods- The S&T King Foundation has been donating alot of money to local charities lately in Maine. Just sayin'.

Nerak
04-17-2008, 07:57 AM
AARON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome!!!

Hugs!! :huglove:

Missed ya!!! :wub:

Haven't seen Pastor D in quite some time, Airtraffic is here now and then, Dolan still can't spell his way out of a paperbag! LOL

Voltron, haven't seen him here at all, but I could be wrong! LOL

Brice
04-17-2008, 08:01 AM
Unless I'm mistaken he's not a member.

different_seasons
04-17-2008, 08:11 AM
AARON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome!!!

Haven't seen Pastor D in quite some time, Airtraffic is here now and then, Dolan still can't spell his way out of a paperbag! LOL

Karen?

From your sig it looks like you got knocked up!!

Er, I mean pregnant.:thumbsup:

*edit* I get it, it's Karen backwards. Got it.

Matt
04-17-2008, 08:14 AM
As far as I know, Voltron has a sign on here but does not use it.

We see Dolan and AT every now and then.

Patrick
04-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Yep, Dolan and AT stop by from time-to-time.

Haven't heard from Disel at all. :(

Hilarious dog pic, D_S. :lol:

different_seasons
04-18-2008, 05:07 AM
Yep, Dolan and AT stop by from time-to-time.

Haven't heard from Disel at all. :(

Hilarious dog pic, D_S. :lol:

How about Gunk?

Brice
04-18-2008, 05:09 AM
He's registered, but I don't believe he posts Aaron.

Nerak
04-18-2008, 05:25 AM
AARON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome!!!

Karen?

From your sig it looks like you got knocked up!!

Er, I mean pregnant.:thumbsup:

*edit* I get it, it's Karen backwards. Got it.

Yup, Karen! HE HE Tried to keep it simple! HE HE

Had a baby in June of last year. He's 10mths old now. Had another baby in February, but we lost her. :(

But still great to see you!! :couple:

Scoogs
04-18-2008, 06:26 AM
Came across D24's email in my outlook address book yesterday. Haven't tried to see if it still works yet, but here it is.
disel2424_at_msn.com

Nerak
04-18-2008, 06:29 AM
Ohh, cool, thanks Kyle!

iprimate858
06-17-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm Tom, 23 year old in San Diego, CA. I used to go by unnamed858 on the old site, but figured I might as well change things up if we're all starting over. Missed everyone on this site.

My most prized book? First Edition signed Game of Thrones.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Welcome to the Corner Tom. Have a look round, there's lots here.

wizardsrainbow
06-18-2008, 03:25 AM
Welcome Tom! Come and stay. You will be glad you did. There is so so much on this site. Take a look around.

Matt
06-18-2008, 06:06 AM
I'm Tom, 23 year old in San Diego, CA. I used to go by unnamed858 on the old site, but figured I might as well change things up if we're all starting over. Missed everyone on this site.

My most prized book? First Edition signed Game of Thrones.

Hey Tom--welcome to the site, great to meet you.

Randall Flagg
06-18-2008, 06:11 AM
Hi Tom. Happy to see you. Come in and enjoy.

Nerak
06-18-2008, 07:12 AM
Hello Tom, welcome to the corner!

Patrick
06-20-2008, 07:35 PM
Welcome, Tom!

Hi everyone, I've been a bit scarce lately, mainly because work is very busy right now. The only upside is that it hasn't allowed me to dwell on the seemingly numerous email offers of new limited edition books (Odd Thomas, Gaiman, King, etc.) that have been announced lately.

Hope all is well with you all.
- Patrick

Sir_Boomme
09-05-2008, 12:53 PM
ok... i've been wondering.

anyone know if jonathon from the old .net board... and the old stephenkingcollectors webgroup is still around.... perhaps under a different name?

jon.... you out there?

jhanic
09-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Jonathon has some health problems and is, I guess, not feeling too well. I heard from him about two months ago asking for a donation to an AIDS fundraiser he said he was involved in. I emailed him back but have never heard anything since.

I've also tried to call him via landline, but the phone is never answered.

John

herbertwest
09-05-2008, 03:15 PM
i dont think i've ever seen him on that board... and i think he sold his whole collec

edit : about jhanic's message... hope he'll get better

Sir_Boomme
09-05-2008, 04:03 PM
;(
i hope he's well also.... i liked that little guy... he was one of my first online stephen king buds.

Patrick
09-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Crap. That sucks. I had no idea he had health issues. Best to Jonathan. I hope he comes around.

Nerak
09-05-2008, 05:13 PM
I'll check with friends and let y'all know

wizardsrainbow
09-06-2008, 02:11 AM
I googled him as I know he is active in the Northwest Gay community and got this recent news story...sounds like maybe he is just real busy.

A Capitol Suggestion
Salem celebrates 30 years of Gay Pride

by James Maxwell

This year marks the 30th anniversary of Salem’s Gay Pride festival. Capitol Pride, the nonprofit organization sponsoring the annual celebration, is holding the festival Aug. 2 at Riverfront Park downtown.

Capitol Pride’s board members promise the festival will be the biggest yet because of the anniversary. “With this being the first year the festival will take place at the Riverfront Park, it allows a larger space for the crowds and vendors,” said Jonathan Reitan, president of Capitol Pride.

Reitan, who has lived in Salem for the past four years, is a huge staple in Salem’s queer community. He is also Mr. Gay Salem for 2008. “Capitol Pride realizes the importance this 30-year anniversary is for our city, and we want to try and make the festival not only bigger but also more diverse,” said Reitan.

Randall Flagg
09-06-2008, 07:36 AM
Man. Google kicks butt.

jhanic
09-06-2008, 08:02 AM
If he can head that up, maybe he's not in such bad shape as I'd assumed. Great!

John

herbertwest
09-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Good then!

oy-the-brave
09-06-2008, 06:50 PM
It was not that long ago (a week or 2) I saw him post on Shocklines.com message board, no mention of him being sick just talking about a fundraiser.

Cutter
09-06-2008, 07:49 PM
He also has recently posted on Horror Mall, but he's new and only has a couple of posts. You could pm him on that site, but I don't know how regularly he checks the site to receive your pm, not much would be my guess.

Nerak
09-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Just checked with a friend of his and she said that he's been missing from SKEMERS for awhile now. He doesn't answer her messages either. But she did say that he is HIV positive :( Poor little guy!

Sir_Boomme
09-07-2008, 07:41 AM
"He is also Mr. Gay Salem for 2008"

yeah jon!!! :thumbsup:

i really do hope he's ok...but the article makes it sound like he's doing great...just found other priorities.

thanks guys for the info. if anyone does see or contact him... tell him we're all thinkin' of him and wish him well.

wizardsrainbow
09-07-2008, 11:48 PM
While we are on the subject of old friends, anyone hear from Gabriel Diaz?

How about B-Mac? I got an e-mail from him maybe 5-6 months ago but nothing since.

How about our UK artist friend Rachel Redman and her husband?

Jean
09-07-2008, 11:57 PM
also, does anybody know anything about Myt1?

Jon
09-08-2008, 01:45 AM
also, does anybody know anything about Myt1?

Here, here...I'll try and track him down.

Ari_Racing
09-08-2008, 02:05 AM
When I was at the Whelan´s house he mentioned that Rachel was working on a sculpture of the illustration The Crimson King. :)

Bev Vincent
09-08-2008, 02:37 AM
Jonathan still posts on MySpace, his Live Journal and Shocklines occasionally.

Nerak
09-08-2008, 05:47 AM
When I was at the Whelan´s house he mentioned that Rachel was working on a sculpture of the illustration The Crimson King. :)

Shhhh that's a secret!!!

Yeah, Mick and Rachel are doing great! Wicked busy and that's why they are not posting.

But good. I shall tell them that y'all were looking for them!

wizardsrainbow
09-08-2008, 06:26 AM

Shhhh that's a secret!!!

Yeah, Mick and Rachel are doing great! Wicked busy and that's why they are not posting.

Good to know. They are good people! Thanks Karen and Ari.

Ari_Racing
09-08-2008, 06:44 AM
Sorry! :(
Didn´t know that

Nerak
09-08-2008, 07:19 AM
Sorry! :(
Didn´t know that

S'ok, I didn't think you did.

At least, Mick and Rachel told me it was a secret! LOL

jreitan47
09-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Terry and others - So sweet of you guys to think about me. I've actually been lurking around here but haven't posted because I don't collect King anymore so I don't feel I have much to add to the conversations. I still love keeping up to date on everyone's collections and checking out Bob's and Wizard's photos!

Yes, I was diagnosed HIV positive nearly one year ago to this day, but I'm far from sick, I've just been very, very busy with my personal life. (My personal favorite quote is "Living with it, not dying from it"). As the Mr Gay Salem for the year 2007-2008 I've been EXTREMLY busy with my duties, attending over 100 events around Washington & Oregon, raising money every weekend for local charities and organizations and appearing at events and fundraisers all the time. I was the president of the board and coordinator for our local Gay Pride festival which was attended by nearly 3,000 people, I put on a huge fundraiser event in July for an AIDs organization which was extremly successful bringing in a couple thousand dollars and I've been working help found the Gay Salem Businesses Association, the Gay Salem Archieves and a Gay Salem Family group. On top of all that, I've been happily "married" for 7 months. My partner, who I met when he was the current Mr Gay Portland, just recently moved in with me and we couldn't be happier.

I "step down" from my position at the 08-09 Gay Salem pageant in 12 days..my partner is stepping up as the current Mr, and I get to work on running for Mr Gay Oregon in June!

I promise to stick around and post more but again, thank you for all the concern and good thoughts. I'm doing fine, very healthy and am very happy in life..even though my interests in King collecting have shifted elsewhere.

Speaking of "old-timers"...I just recently connected again with Rosandra Montequin (old ebay ID of furrykids) who is living her life in Florida with her husband and daughter very happily and healthy.

Patrick
09-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Great to hear from you, Jonathan! Glad things are going so well! :rock: Sounds like you're working hard and are being recognized for it. And congratulations on your recent marriage.

Please do stick around and post more. Are you still involved in the publishing world in any way? Athough you probably haven't been actively collecting with everything else going on, are there any other authors that you still collect?

jreitan47
09-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Patrick - Yes, I'm still involved in the "horror world", although my involvement there has decreased just as my King collecting has since I've been a title holder. I haven't done any writing or editing in nearly a year (haven't even read a book in that long!), but I'm slowly getting back into the game. I'm volunteering my time right now helping out the orgnizers of the first Killer Con, to be held Sept. 2009 in Las Vegas (www.killercon.com) which will be an awesome horror/thirller convention. I will be reviewing books again soon for magazines and I'm still working on a couple LONG term book projects that will take a while to get done. The only thing I really collect right now is horror magazines/newsletters/programs since I have very little extra money most of the signed/limiteds and first editions I want to collect.

Patrick
09-08-2008, 02:44 PM
killercon? in Vegas? Cool. I look forward to hearing more about it as September 2009 draws closer.

Hey, do you still have that photo of you in King's office? You ought to post it in the Collectors Picture Emporium thread. I'd love to see that one again.

jhanic
09-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Jonathon, it's great to hear from you again. Please keep in touch with us all!

John

Scoogs
09-08-2008, 04:25 PM
While we are on the subject of old friends, anyone hear from Gabriel Diaz?

Wiz,
I'm not sure if this is still current or not, but it's the last email address I had for Gabriel. disel2424@msn.com

NeedfulKings
09-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Jonathon. It's good to see you again! We've been meaning to contact you one time on our way through Salem, but haven't. The SK event in Portland still stands as a highlight in our lives!

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2/bookking/SK/SK008.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2/bookking/SK/SK017.jpg

Only a few of us were fool enough to stand in the rain all day. But, oh how it was worth it!!!!

Be good, friend. Jeanne says "hi."

lophophoras
09-09-2008, 03:48 AM
Terry and others - So sweet of you guys to think about me. I've actually been lurking around here but haven't posted because I don't collect King anymore so I don't feel I have much to add to the conversations. I still love keeping up to date on everyone's collections and checking out Bob's and Wizard's photos!

Yes, I was diagnosed HIV positive nearly one year ago to this day, but I'm far from sick, I've just been very, very busy with my personal life. (My personal favorite quote is "Living with it, not dying from it"). As the Mr Gay Salem for the year 2007-2008 I've been EXTREMLY busy with my duties, attending over 100 events around Washington & Oregon, raising money every weekend for local charities and organizations and appearing at events and fundraisers all the time. I was the president of the board and coordinator for our local Gay Pride festival which was attended by nearly 3,000 people, I put on a huge fundraiser event in July for an AIDs organization which was extremly successful bringing in a couple thousand dollars and I've been working help found the Gay Salem Businesses Association, the Gay Salem Archieves and a Gay Salem Family group. On top of all that, I've been happily "married" for 7 months. My partner, who I met when he was the current Mr Gay Portland, just recently moved in with me and we couldn't be happier.

I "step down" from my position at the 08-09 Gay Salem pageant in 12 days..my partner is stepping up as the current Mr, and I get to work on running for Mr Gay Oregon in June!

I promise to stick around and post more but again, thank you for all the concern and good thoughts. I'm doing fine, very healthy and am very happy in life..even though my interests in King collecting have shifted elsewhere.

Speaking of "old-timers"...I just recently connected again with Rosandra Montequin (old ebay ID of furrykids) who is living her life in Florida with her husband and daughter very happily and healthy.

Keep up the good work with the fundraisers man! Every last cent can really make a difference in someone's life.

Nerak
09-09-2008, 05:42 AM
Pookie!! Great to see you again!!

I miss you! I have to add you to myspace!!

Huggles and congrats on the marriage! Pics please! Love seeing happy couples together!

Chat soon! :couple:

Matt
09-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Its great to have you here Johnathon, thanks for filling everyone one in on your happenings.

And also very big congratulations on your marriage, love is a wonderful thing. :clap:

Brice
09-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Jonathon, I think I've only talked to you briefly awhile back when I bought a magazine from you. I am glad to hear you're doing well though and congratulations on your marriage. :)

Rachel Readman
10-14-2008, 03:04 PM

Shhhh that's a secret!!!

Good to know. They are good people! Thanks Karen and Ari.

Hey everyone, I hope you are all well!!

It's really lovely to see so many names I recognise and many I don't. I hear that you good folks were asking after us which is really thoughtful and means a lot to us. Mick just happened to be doing a bit of catch up reading on the site and found this thread. We will read the whole thread so we can see what you have all been up to.

We miss having the time to chat these days and always think about all of you. We have asked Karen (in email) how you all are and if there was any major news etc. We do also lurk here occasionally so we have done a little reading around the site. The website is looking great and the community developing very nicely. For me, getting around the site is a little clumsy since I'm not used to everything.

I've also been doing my best to keep up on all the King book releases, comics, movies and whatnot. I got a few things for my 28th birthday on Saturday gone (11/10) namely 'The Long Road Home HB', The Dark Half movie, Brisingr, Superior Saturday by Garth Nix (I already have & read Monday through Friday). Others are to come as they are not released yet so I don't know what else there might be turn up?

I just put down my sculpting tools to come and say hi to you all as it has been such a long time, too long!

We've both been busy busy busy, Mick with his guitar and music, repairs and DIY and me with, well, as you all now know...

"He sat on his throne, which is made of skulls"... The Crimson King. I've been working with Michael and having him check and appraise every detail of the piece.

It was a secret until Michael told Ari :lol: but then I never stipulated that Michael could not tell anyone. I did say to Michael & Audrey that I would keep it from going public until everything was agreed between us and the piece finished. Just wanted to make sure everything went smoothly and that Michael was 1000% happy with the final sculpture. Not to worry though, if Michael is OK with letting the cat out of the bag then I am more than happy for him to do so!!

A little info on how things are going. The piece is coming along very well and I'm now working on the upper torso arms and head/hood areas. I'll then start going over the whole piece fine tuning all the details over and over until I feel it is finished. The Jesters staff with the baby skull is finished but the feathers need a little more work to make them more spikey. Initially I had to make 600 adult skulls and a bunch of baby skulls. I then individually carved and reshaped each skull and added unique cracks, bullet holes broken eye sockets etc. For skulls with open jaws and the ones that look like they are smiling or odd shaped jawlines, missing bottom jawbones, I had to remove individual jawbones by cutting them away from the skulls and re-fix them into the sculpture with the mouth open etc. All the while Michael has been checking over the details and so far has had only one thing I need to adjust, the feathers on the staff, which is of great relief. I think the first skull went in place on the steps back in January and I have worked on it for at least a few hours a day since then. It's been challenging to say the least! Changing a painting into a sculpture is not as straight forward as one might first think as something that looks right and works in a painting may not physically work on a 3 dimensional sculpture. I don't know how long it will be before it is ready as this one demands the time and patience to get it perfect.

You will all be the first to know when it is finished :thumbsup:

Our website domains are now set up and I have just a very basic homepage set up on there for now if any of you wish to pay us a visit you can find us at:

www.rachelreadman.com
www.rachelreadman.co.uk
www.blackrookstudios.co.uk

If any of you wish to get in touch, feel free to PM/email either myself or Mick (The Red Rose) and we will get back to you. It is always great to hear from you all! We will also check this thread and keep popping on the site when we can.

You all take good care of each other and keep in touch :grouphug:

Love to you all,
Rachel & Mick.

Matt
10-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Hey Rachel, thanks for posting all this great information for us.

The websites look terrific!

carlosdetweiller
10-14-2008, 03:52 PM
It is nice to hear from you, Rachel. I got pretty excited reading about The Crimson King sculpture and your progress with it. I know it will be fantastic. When the time comes I will be among the first to order one.

I've got my painted Constant Reader sculpture where I see it every day. I am still finding little details that I don't recall noticing before. It is a really great work of art.

gsvec
10-14-2008, 06:14 PM
I, too, love my Constant Reader, Rachel - and like Bob, I can't wait to order my Crimson King! I still have all of the 'in progress' pics you posted on skfakes and am hoping you've taken a bunch of CK as well! Glad to hear you and Mick are staying so busy! :D

wizardsrainbow
10-15-2008, 02:54 AM
Hey you two!!! Thanks so much for posting. Know that you both are loved and missed, but we understand the demands on your time. Just drop on by when you can. Am so glad to hear things are well, and I too look forward to your new work Rachel.

Nerak
10-15-2008, 05:41 AM
I have seen pics of the base, and it's BEAUTIFUL!!! Am now going to poke Mick and tell him to send me updates!! It it phenomenal!!!!

Thanks for visiting Rachel!!!! :couple: You are missed around here!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
10-15-2008, 07:12 AM
Am now going to poke Mick and tell him to send me updates!!

Hmmmm! Must mean something else in the USA. :wtf:

Nerak
10-15-2008, 08:38 AM
prevert!!!! :lol:

Rachel Readman
10-15-2008, 10:37 AM
>< < Mick's face

Wonderful to catch up with you all again! Thank you all for your caring thoughts and your support.

It's good to hear that you're all still enjoying your Constant Reader sculptures and finding all the hidden details. Seems you're all eager to have the CK sculpture too, lots left to do on it yet though.

We do have some Constant Reader pieces available in Bronze or Pewter finishes for those that were not aware of it at the time or didn't get chance to get one of the painted editions. You can PM or email me if you want more info or wish to purchase one. (This is probably not the thread to be posting in though. Maybe I should start another thread and put pictures on there, but where should it go on here and is it OK for me to advertise my work for sale?)

Well, time for dinner then on with the sculpting!

Rachel Readman
10-15-2008, 10:58 AM
How on earth do I PM someone? I followed the site FAQ but none of what it says to do is available on screen i.e. No PM button for any members on any posts.

I checked my user CP setting and it is all correct.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
10-15-2008, 11:56 AM
You need to have posted at least 5 messages before you can PM.

Rachel Readman
10-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Ah, OK one more to go then, thanks for your help.:)

Matt
10-16-2008, 05:25 AM
It is an attempt to stop SPAM Rachel--our board is getting killed with it as we get more popular.

You, however, are obviously not SPAM so I fixed your sign on so you can do whatever you like. :clap:

Sorry for the inconvenience.

jhanic
10-16-2008, 06:16 AM
Matt's a good guy!

John

Rachel Readman
10-16-2008, 08:21 AM
Thanks Matt it's working fine now!:)

Sorry to be a pain but in relation to my other question from a few posts up: "(This is probably not the thread to be posting in though. Maybe I should start another thread and put pictures on there, but where should it go on here and is it OK for me to advertise my work for sale?)"

I'll get used to the boards after a little looking around...

Hi John, hope you're doing well these days!

jhanic
10-16-2008, 10:14 AM
Hi Rachael,

Yeah, I'm doing pretty good. I'm looking forward to your pictures of your works!

John

gsvec
10-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Rachel, I'd love it if you started a thread to post pics and some commentary!

furrykids
10-17-2008, 09:13 PM

Who you calling old, Jonathan? :orely: (just kidding)

I came upon this post when "Googling" for something along with my name. Gotta love Google...you never know what cool site you'll find that really had nothing to do with what you were searching for!

Yes, we are here in (mostly) sunny Florida, the lightning capital (and I think) the sinkhole capital also (if not it should be). We had one open up in our front lawn and, after having it checked out by an engineer, we found out we have several deep down that eventually would have swallowed up the house!

We've had more than our fair share of hurricanes everywhere we've moved since we met (Andrew in Miami, Floyd in NJ, and Charley, Frances, Jeanne and Faye were we now live). Apparently Faye was a weird good luck charm because if it weren't for her, we wouldn't have known what was going on under our house. (BTW, anyone else pick up on hurricanes beginning with "F" creating the most floods?)

As for happy and healthy, the first depends on what the latest crises in my life and relationship is and the health has continued the downward spiral since 2000. We had to cancel my daughter's first birthday party (we waited until she actually wanted one) because she has a stomach virus and the flu. She was so excited about it because it was a Halloween/Birthday party. For the goodie bags, we got these cups that were your basic monsters (Drac, Mummy, etc.) with a straw coming out of their screw-on pink brain topsm plus pop-up and bendable Halloween characters. We got her this red flute (test tube) glass being held by a skeleton hand (http://www.frightcatalog.com/i/600x600/1308011.jpg) (sans the coffin) to toast to her birthday and were going to bring her the cake on a plate of two cupped skeleton hands. So much more cool scary stuff...It would have been a wicked party. :excited:

Obviously my little girl LOVES scary stuff...Nightmare Before Christmas, Haunted Mansion, a stuffed skeleton doll and scary bedtime stories. A "regular" Wednesday Addams in the making. My husband thinks she'll be like Abby in NCIS. (Keep in mind she's only a preschooler). Ironically her love of scary things began with a Halloween episode of Oobi (http://www.noggin.com/shows/oobi.php)! I guess she'll end up inheriting our collection (maybe even rebuilding it to its previous glory...

Speaking of which, I only sold about half of the collection before she arrived. I tried selling after she was born but I just couldn't deal with it and a new baby and since then, there's always something going on in my life :panic: . Maybe I'll eventually be able to get back to selling off the collection.

Of course, with no time to sell, there is no time to read (literally) anything. I hope to one day be alone with my books and all the time in the world to read them (then again, with my luck, it will probably be like that Twilight Zone episode, ""Time Enough At Last".

As for my health, I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy & congestive heart failure, completely out of the blue and for no discernible reason (my cholesterol is within limits, my blood pressure is low-normal, no blockages, etc.). At age 40, I found myself with an implanted bi-ventricular pacer and a defibrillator! But again, the bad comes with some "good". Certain events occurred that allowed it to be caught before it killed me (although I literally had one foot in the grave).

I believe this thread started with what our most prized possession is...I technically have two. The first is all the friends I made (although sadly, I haven't been able to keep up with them all, except for Dallas Mayr, aka Jack Ketchum).

The other is a slipcased From a Buick that King inscribed to me (not at some signing somewhere but in his own house specifically as a gift to me). It is a long story that I haven't really shared with many but every time I look at that book I think of a sister's love and pride for her brother, a brother who proved everyone wrong big time, the man who indirectly started his progress in life and my part in getting the three "together". :couple:

OK, I've probably bored you to death by now and I'm losing much needed sleep. I was just so excited to touch base with old acquantances as I have recently on Facebook (where Jonathan "re-found" me). :) I'll close with a "good to find you" to my fellow old-timers and "nice to meet ya" to those who I may "mee" down road to Dark Tower.

Rosandra

jhanic
10-18-2008, 04:07 AM
It's good to hear from you, Rosandra. You and yours are now in my prayers!

John

carlosdetweiller
10-18-2008, 04:25 AM
Thanks for taking the time to post, Rosandra. It is good to know what is going on with you and your family. You are in my prayers too. Please stick around and post again when you can.

Bob Jackson

Matt
10-21-2008, 06:27 AM
Thanks Matt it's working fine now!:)

Sorry to be a pain but in relation to my other question from a few posts up: "(This is probably not the thread to be posting in though. Maybe I should start another thread and put pictures on there, but where should it go on here and is it OK for me to advertise my work for sale?)"

I'll get used to the boards after a little looking around...

Hi John, hope you're doing well these days!

It is totally okay to advertise your work any where you would like Rachel. I'm thinking a good spot for a thread would either be the Art Wall or Path of the Beam.

I can also put a link to your site in our link directory if you would like.

And, of course, we have DTbay if you have any specific items that you are looking to move.

Rachel Readman
10-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Thanks once again Matt, that's great. We will get a thread up there soon...

I would love to be included in the link directory too. Although the website is minimal for the moment it will undergo a total transformation.

Still carving away, the shape of the CK's head is looking a lot like E.T. at the moment :lol:

Matt
11-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Patrons of Calvin's Corner will be happy to know that our Collectibes Catalog is the secnod entry when searching google for

Dark Tower Collectibles :clap:

gsvec
11-28-2008, 01:49 PM
Woohoo!! :rock:

Randall Flagg
11-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Hmm, I wonder why.:)

Patrick
12-01-2008, 12:28 AM
Rachel, it's great to hear from you. I look forward to seeing photos of your work-in-progress if you see fit. I'm sure the final piece will be outstanding!

Rosandra, welcome to TDT.com. Hope you stick around.

Patrons of Calvin's Corner will be happy to know that our Collectibles Catalog is the second entry when searching google for

Dark Tower Collectibles :clap:

Patrick19
01-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Hey everyone - I'm Patrick and currently live in Atlanta.
It's hard to say what the most prized item in my collection is. If I were to go on price tag alone, it would have to be the S/L edition of Dark Dreamers, which is signed by King, Richard Matheson, and about 20 other great authors.
If I based my decision on personal value, I'd have to go with the signed/numbered print of Whelan's 'Legends' painting. I just got that a couple of months ago from my fiance as my birthday gift - she knows what makes me happy!!
I hope to one day have a personalized King book.

Patrick
01-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Hi Patrick19, welcome to TDT.com and to Calvin's Corner. Please don't hesitate to join in any discussion.
- Patrick

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-03-2009, 02:34 AM
Hi Patrick19. Welcome to our little corner. Those are two great items you mentioned.

Cutter
01-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Hello Patrick19! With those items it sounds like you'll fit right in. :)

at_one
01-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Hey guys......and gals. I've been lurking around here for a couple of months now and never really "officially" introduced myself. My name is Nick and I live in Milwaukee, WI. I guess my most prized piece in my collection is my 1st/1st Skeleton Crew that I received from my Aunt when I was 6 years old.(Ahh, the beginnings....) I love the aspect of hunting down a book and I believe my collection will grow exponentially over the next few years. I just discovered arc/ proofs and I think I am going to make those and PC edition S/L my main focus.....you guys have a great site here and I am glad to now be part of it!

jhanic
01-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Welcome aboard, Nick. If we can help, just let us know.

John

Patrick
01-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Nick, as a fan of King and as a collector, you've come to the right place. Welcome!

He hasn't posted in this thread, but it's great to see Gunkslinger here on the site and especially in Calvin's Corner.

wizardsrainbow
01-07-2009, 03:51 AM
Welcome Nick! I used to live in Milwaukee many years ago (1981-1983). I was manager of the Home shop at Gimbels in Southridge Mall and then Assistant Toy Buyer for Gimbels in the headquarters downtown. I lived close to UWM and took the bus everywhere, but that was so so long ago and Gimbels closed years and years ago.

Gunkslinger
01-07-2009, 04:14 AM
He hasn't posted in this thread, but it's great to see Gunkslinger here on the site and especially in Calvin's Corner.

Ok, here's my post.

Hi, I'm Mike and I'm an ex-patriated King collector living in Central CT.:rolleyes:

I sold my entire King collection a year and a half ago, paid off a sizable chunk of mortgage and went down the avenue of collecting small press horror lettered editions and original art. I've started a collections thread so you can see what I collect now.

I like where my collection is right now, although I still have my "alpha" King book, so who knows maybe someday...........

Nerak
01-07-2009, 04:19 AM
Hey Gunk, welcome back!! We've missed you!

wizardsrainbow
01-07-2009, 04:29 AM
Hi Mike!

My daughter had her birthday party at Prime Climb in November, but I knew you had already moved on from there. Welcome back to a very familiar and friendly face!

Gunkslinger
01-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Hi Mike!

My daughter had her birthday party at Prime Climb in November, but I knew you had already moved on from there. Welcome back to a very familiar and friendly face!

Thanks for the welcome back David. I'm very glad to be back amongst some very good friends.

Mike

Randall Flagg
01-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Mike is one of the coolest collectors around. Originator of the giveaway, he has a special place in history (at least to me).:clap:

Gunkslinger
01-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Mike is one of the coolest collectors around. Originator of the giveaway, he has a special place in history (at least to me).:clap:

Wow! Thanks Jerome, that means a lot to me!:)

oy-the-brave
01-07-2009, 02:45 PM

I agree Jerome, I am glad to see you here Mike, and thanks for sharing your art collection, fantastic :thumbsup:

Gunkslinger
01-07-2009, 03:15 PM

I agree Jerome, I am glad to see you here Mike, and thanks for sharing your art collection, fantastic :thumbsup:

I don't know Dave, it sounds like your art collection is pretty fantastic too. Congrats on your latest acquisitions. I've been seeing a lot of Zach McCain's in the small press lately, great work at a reasonable price I might add.

Patrick
01-07-2009, 05:19 PM
:lol: Thanks for posting in here, Mike.

Again, I'm glad to hear from you and get caught up since you sold off your King collection.

oy-the-brave
01-07-2009, 07:25 PM

I don't know Dave, it sounds like your art collection is pretty fantastic too. Congrats on your latest acquisitions. I've been seeing a lot of Zach McCain's in the small press lately, great work at a reasonable price I might add.

Zach is a great guy and you are right the prices have been VERY reasonable I have one more I asked him to do still coming, I will post when it arrives.

Dolan
01-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Well I haven't posted in here so...:

My name is Kenny (but everyone knows me as Dolan), I am 26 and I have been an avid book collector for years. My family has collected books, letters, etc., and that is how my collecting started.

I live and work in New York City and I have met several King fans from this site (and others) over the course of the years. Our dear Wizard and I have spent the most time together though (nothing naughty!).

I started out on a website called www.stephen-king.net and I heard about thedarktower.net and slowly migrated there. I became moderator of the collectors section there and I actually do miss that website a lot. With the transition to this site and the closing of dt.net, I was once moderator here as well but time constraints limited my abilities... But now we have far better mods here! Keep up the good work!

I go through phases of collecting King. I do have many other authors that I have collected over the years including Joe Hill.

But I haven't been around a whole lot lately so there are plenty of people to get to know and lots of you to reconnect with! :dance:

wizardsrainbow
01-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Well I haven't posted in here so...:

My name is Kenny (but everyone knows me as Dolan), I am 26 and I have been an avid book collector for years. My family has collected books, letters, etc., and that is how my collecting started.

I live and work in New York City and I have met several King fans from this site (and others) over the course of the years. Our dear Wizard and I have spent the most time together though (nothing naughty!).

I started out on a website called www.stephen-king.net and I heard about thedarktower.net and slowly migrated there. I became moderator of the collectors section there and I actually do miss that website a lot. With the transition to this site and the closing of dt.net, I was once moderator here as well but time constraints limited my abilities... But now we have far better mods here! Keep up the good work!

I go through phases of collecting King. I do have many other authors that I have collected over the years including Joe Hill.

But I haven't been around a whole lot lately so there are plenty of people to get to know and lots of you to reconnect with! :dance:

Kenny-

Still loved after all this time :huglove:!
Still working for the network? You running the whole show yet? I have been relocated to 23rd and Park. Ever get to that neighborhood?

Happy new year to you and WELCOME BACK into the fold.

Dolan
01-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Still working for the network with a part time job elsewhere that is far more glamerous! But the election really took a toll on me, physically and mentally... exhausting. I am still tired from it! Lots of work. I was on the committee for Obama, too!

But ironically, my job has only just begun.

23rd huh? We might have to schedule a lunch date! All okay with the fam?

wizardsrainbow
01-09-2009, 10:56 AM
All is fine on the home front. Thanks for asking.