PDA

View Full Version : The Bazaar of Bad Dreams: New short story collection (11/03/15)

Pages : [1] 2

herbertwest
06-13-2014, 06:46 AM
"Dear Constant Reader,
Mr. Mercedes is the first volume of a projected trilogy concerning Bill Hodges, his friends…and his enemies. The second volume, Finders Keepers, is finished (in first draft, at least) and will be published in the first half of 2015, perhaps followed by a book of new stories in the fall (or not). Anyway, these three novels seem to revolve around the City Center Massacre that opens Mr. Mercedes. Because of that, I wanted to post a complete list of those killed and injured in Brady Hartsfield’s attack. Some of these unfortunates have other parts to play. As always, I’m glad you’re along for the ride, but be warned: there are some sharp turns ahead, and I’m a really crazy driver."

>>>> http://stephenking.com/promo/mr_mercedes/letter-from-stephen-and-the-toll.html

Meaning : a new collection of short stories?

Bev Vincent
06-13-2014, 06:47 AM
You could read it that way -- or as a "book of new stories," like Full Dark, No Stars was.

mae
06-13-2014, 06:51 AM
Could be interpreted either way. It's a bit vague, so it could indeed mean a new short fiction collection as I have predicted earlier: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?18202 or he could be referring to the third book in the trilogy. From the sentence structure he says "Mr. Mercedes is the first volume of a projected trilogy concerning Bill Hodges, his friends…and his enemies. The second volume, Finders Keepers, is finished (in first draft, at least) and will be published in the first half of 2015, perhaps followed by a book of new stories in the fall (or not)." I dunno.

herbertwest
06-13-2014, 07:19 AM
Na, my understanding is that the new stories he mentions can only be 2 things :
- or a collection of short stories
- or a collection of novellas (as Bev says)
Not being the third book of the trilogy, despite the use of the word "followed". IMO.

But I think that as Bev says, it is very likely to be novellas. Hence the use of the word "NEW" stories. THere are many uncollected stories, but then, per definition they wouldnt, technically, be "new".

mae
06-13-2014, 07:27 AM
Well, new in the sense that most King readers don't keep an eye out for every magazine or anthology where a new King story or novella might pop up, plus it's too early for another four-story collection.

Bev Vincent
06-13-2014, 07:28 AM
Ms. Mod clarifies: "Collected from previously published in magazines, etc. but complete list has not yet been decided. Whether there are any completely new ones for the collection--to be determined."

mae
06-13-2014, 07:28 AM
WOO! :excited:

Ms. Mod clarifies: "Collected from previously published in magazines, etc. but complete list has not yet been decided. Whether there are any completely new ones for the collection--to be determined."

Not to toot my own horn again but here's an overview of what the contents may be:

Since we have two new novels to look forward to in 2014, I doubt any other new release will see print this year. Even though we're only four months in into 2014, I don't think it's that early to start looking forward to 2015 releases. I've long believed that in 2015, apart from whatever new novel(s) King may be working on, we'll see a new short fiction collection from him.

The math is simple, and I've posted about this formula a while back. Over the span of his long career, King has published five short story collections (counting just collections of mostly previously published stories). There was a seven-year gap between Night Shift and Skeleton Crew, an eight-year gap between Skeleton Crew and Nightmares & Dreamscapes, a nine-year gap between Nightmares & Dreamscapes and Everything's Eventual, and a six-year gap between Everything's Eventual and Just After Sunset. This averages to 7 years, rounding down. With 30 years between Night Shift and Just After Sunset, it actually averages to an even 6.

So, with Just After Sunset turning seven next year, I'm betting we'll be seeing King's sixth collection of short fiction finally gracing our shelves. Here's what it should contain:

Throttle
Ur
Premium Harmony
Herman Wouk is Still Alive
Under the Weather
Mile 81
The Little Green God of Agony
The Dune
In the Tall Grass
A Face in the Crowd
Batman and Robin Have an Altercation
Afterlife
Summer Thunder
Bad Little Kid

It might also include "Morality", but that was published as part of Blockade Billy, so King may consider it already collected. Then there were a few poems published by King recently (Mostly Old Men, The Bone Church, Tommy) that could (and should) also be included. As well, there could (and very well should) be included some long-uncollected stories, such as "Weeds", "The Crate", "The Reploids"... And of course a previously unpublished story or two could always be included (all collections thus far had at least one such story), as well as any new stories that may be published in the meantime.

So there you have it. Looks like a pretty solid volume, around the size of Skeleton Crew or so.

P.S.: I would be shocked if the co-authored stories won't be collected, but it's certainly possible.

DanishFan
06-13-2014, 07:45 AM
Let's hope the poems will also be included (Mostly Old Men, The Bone Church and Tommy) and of course some bonus materials/brand new stuff. If not, it's going to be a too slim volume.

mae
06-13-2014, 07:47 AM
I'm very much hoping for Weeds and The Crate to be included. Please, Steve! :panic:

jhanic
06-13-2014, 08:36 AM
I just hope there will be some NEW stuff included. I make a special effort to buy the original magazines that the stories appeared in, so I want some new stories!

John

mae
06-13-2014, 09:46 AM
I'm really looking forward to re-reading the wonderfully stark and literary stories like Premium Harmony, Herman Wouk is Still Alive, and Batman and Robin Have an Altercation between hard covers.

herbertwest
06-13-2014, 10:23 AM
I hope that there will be new stuff too. Although I am certain that there will at least be "BAD LITTLE KID", but that's not new for me :p
UR : i very doubt so. I guess that contractually it will never be published by anyone else than amazon...

Ari_Racing
06-13-2014, 11:56 AM
I should check, but as far as I remember, every single short story collection by Steve had at least one new story.

Bev Vincent
06-13-2014, 12:06 PM
There were no new stories in Everything's Eventual.

mae
06-13-2014, 09:17 PM
That's right, how could I forget. Maybe "Bad Little Kid" will be the new story. Technically, it's unpublished.

divemaster
06-20-2014, 12:15 PM
This would be great. I don't read the stories here and there, so a new collection would be just the ticket!

mae
06-22-2014, 05:17 AM
There were no new stories in Everything's Eventual.

Technically, "1408" appeared in print for the first time in Everything's Eventual, so there's that.

jhanic
06-26-2014, 11:33 AM
Per Ms Mod on the SKMB:

If I can find the other thread where this was asked, I'll post it there as well but some of you had asked about whether "Bad Little Kid" would be included. I've asked Steve and we've confirmed that the exclusive which France and Germany had will expire in June 2015 so it will be able to be included since the collection won't be out until the autumn of 2015. As of now, the plan is to include it.

John

mattgreenbean
06-26-2014, 11:37 AM
Per Ms Mod on the SKMB:

If I can find the other thread where this was asked, I'll post it there as well but some of you had asked about whether "Bad Little Kid" would be included. I've asked Steve and we've confirmed that the exclusive which France and Germany had will expire in June 2015 so it will be able to be included since the collection won't be out until the autumn of 2015. As of now, the plan is to include it.

John

So we've got a trilogy of Bill Hodges books AND a new collection coming.

mae
06-26-2014, 10:16 PM
So that seems to confirm the collection for fall 2015, likely November.

mae
06-29-2014, 09:59 PM
So with this new story That Bus Is Another World the total of stories that this collection should contain is at least 15.

frik
06-29-2014, 10:19 PM
And what about Weeds?
Published in May 1976 (Cavalier magazine) and April 1976 (Nugget magazine), and reprinted recently in CD's SHIVERS VII.

And The Crate?
Published in SHIVERS VI, but never in an official King collection.

sk

mae
06-29-2014, 10:28 PM
Yes I listed the stories published after the last collection, and there were 14 (now 15) of them. Below that list I also mentioned a few older uncollected stories that may be included. Weeds and The Crate definitely should be.

mae
10-17-2014, 06:39 AM
http://stephenking.com/xf/index.php?threads/fall-2015-story-collection-contents.4252/

The list has already been set but I can't reveal yet which ones made the cut.

I think the people involved in the pre-production process are agreeing with Steve since he's the one doing the choosing and holding the sharp object.

Hoping none of the published stories is left uncollected.

nocny
11-07-2014, 07:07 AM
'The Bazaar Of Bad Dreams' is the tittle.

mae
11-07-2014, 07:15 AM
'The Bazaar Of Bad Dreams' is the tittle.

Silly title. Hope it gets changed. Confirmed here: http://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/06/stephen-king-going-as-fast-as-he-can

mae
11-07-2014, 07:25 AM
I do love him saying "It should be a pretty fat book"! I know he said it should collect about 20 stories, so it can be less (or more), but right now we have:

Throttle
Ur
Premium Harmony
Under the Weather
Mile 81
The Dune
In the Tall Grass
A Face in the Crowd
Afterlife
Summer Thunder
Bad Little Kid
That Bus Is Another World

That's only fifteen, but it may also include the recent poems (Mostly Old Men, The Bone Church, Tommy), bringing the total up to 18. I'm not counting the Rock and Roll Dead Zone thing. And as I mentioned on the first page, there's Morality, but that's included with the trade edition of Blockade Billy, so technically it's collected. Again, as mentioned on the first page, King could add two long-uncollected stories to bring the total to 20: Weeds and The Crate, and all would be great with the world :excited:

nocny
11-07-2014, 07:41 AM
I'm sure Morality will be included but I don't know if it's possible to add stories written with Hill and O'Nan?

mae
11-07-2014, 07:55 AM
I doubt Morality will be included. It's already part of a separate King book and he doesn't tend to collect stories more than once.

nocny
11-07-2014, 08:16 AM
But it's in trade edition of 'Blockade Billy' only so, how many people have it? And we're talking about USA citizens only, right?

skyofcrack
11-07-2014, 08:46 AM
I like the title of this new collection.

Here's what I would like to see.

01. Slade
02. Man With A Belly
03. The Old Dude's Ticker
04. Throttle
05. Ur
06. Morality
07. Premium Harmony
08. Herman Wouk Is Still Alive
09. Under The Weather
10. Mile 81
11. The Little Green God Of Agony
12 The Dune
13. In The Tall Grass
14. A Face In The Crowd
15. Batman And Robin Have An Altercation
16. Afterlife
17. The Rock And Roll Dead Zone
18. Summer Thunder
19. Bad Little Kid
20. That Bus Is Another World

Maybe, someday, we'll see these as well.

01. The Star Invaders
02. Codename: Mousetrap
03. I Was A Teenage Grave Robber
04. The 43rd Dream
05. The Glass Floor
06. Stud City
07. The Blue Air Compressor
08. The Revenge Of Lard Ass Hogan
09. Weeds
10. The King Family And The Wicked Witch
11. The Night Of The Tiger
12. The Crate
13. The Reploids
14. Pinfall

Mr. Rabbit Trick
11-07-2014, 08:59 AM
Maybe, someday, we'll see these as well.

01. The Star Invaders
02. Codename: Mousetrap
03. I Was A Teenage Grave Robber
04. The 43rd Dream
05. The Glass Floor
06. Stud City
07. The Blue Air Compressor
08. The Revenge Of Lard Ass Hogan
09. Weeds
10. The King Family And The Wicked Witch
11. The Night Of The Tiger
12. The Crate
13. The Reploids
14. Pinfall

I can see all of these every day, on my computer. :)

mae
11-07-2014, 09:02 AM
I'm really hoping to see Weeds and The Crate included, like The Cat From Hell was finally collected in Just After Sunset. Those are two great stories and I don't know why they were never collected.

nocny
11-07-2014, 10:44 AM
From StephenKing.com:
"The next short story collection containing many of the previously published but hard-to-find short stories published since Just After Sunset."

I think 'Morality' is hard to find for most of the fans on the world ;)

EDIT: By the way, release date 30th November 2015.

Niels
11-07-2014, 10:57 AM
StephenKing.com has a release date of "November 30th, 2014"!? Typo?

mae
11-07-2014, 11:22 AM
I think 'Morality' is hard to find for most of the fans on the world ;)

You can buy the trade hardcover of Blockade Billy with Morality on Amazon right now for as low as one cent.

EDIT: By the way, release date 30th November 2015.

That's not a Tuesday.

CyberGhostface
11-07-2014, 11:37 AM
IDK if any more older stories will be included. He said in the introduction to "Nightmares and Dreamscapes" that he had included all of the stories that were written at the time that he wanted to, the exception being "The Cat from Hell" that he mistakenly thought was already in a collection.

I do wonder about the Joe Hill collaborations. Would Joe be able to include them as well in a future collection?

Also I think Morality is a decent enough guess as he never included it in an anthology before.

mae
11-07-2014, 11:46 AM
Also I think Morality is a decent enough guess as he never included it in an anthology before.

I'd be surprised if it's included. King has never included stories in more than one of his books. The exception being that "Goes to the Movies" nonsense. I would expect Under the Weather to be included, since that only was included in the paperback reprint of Full Dark, No Stars. Morality, however, was included in the trade hardcover of Blockade Billy, so it's already collected in a King book. That's my understanding, anyway, Unless King considers the original limited edition of Blockade Billy as the "real" edition and not the trade with Morality, in which case it will be included.

nocny
11-07-2014, 11:48 AM

He couldn't because there wasn't any until Bazaar ;)

CyberGhostface
11-07-2014, 12:01 PM
He couldn't because there wasn't any until Bazaar ;)

Well yeah, that's what I mean.

I'd be surprised if it's included. King has never included stories in more than one of his books.

He's never republished stories that were already in a collection but this is the first time (or one of the first depending on what you count) an unrelated short story has been published alongside a novel so there's no precedence either way.

nocny
11-07-2014, 12:03 PM
That means my english is not good enough ;)

skyofcrack
11-07-2014, 12:31 PM
My Pretty Pony was a book in 1988 then collected in 1993's N&D.

The stories from Six Stories were also collected in EE.

Morality and Blockade Billy could both be collected in the new book.

mae
11-07-2014, 12:33 PM
Also don't forget there's still a whole year to go so there could be a few more new stories in the meantime.

mae
11-07-2014, 12:35 PM
I wouldn't consider the limited My Pretty Pony and Six Stories true King books, in the sense of Blockade Billy being a King book. Blockade Billy is more akin to Cycle of the Werewolf, a short novel published separately and never collected.

nocny
11-07-2014, 12:57 PM
Frankly speaking I'm pretty sure 'Blockade Billy' will be included in 'Bazaar'.

Bev Vincent
11-07-2014, 01:22 PM
According to Ms. Mod, collaborations with Joe won't be in the collection.

mae
11-07-2014, 01:24 PM
Really. That's surprising and unfortunate. Doesn't seem very complete then. Likely a King/Hill collection coming soon then maybe.

nocny
11-07-2014, 01:27 PM
So 'Face in the Crowd' won't be there also I think.

The Great Buchinsky
11-07-2014, 03:18 PM
I'm assuming we will see some type of collection of collaborations between Joe/Steve in the future. Also doubt we see Face in The Crowd especially since some type of special edition is being released. Wonder if Bazaar of Bad Dreams could be a name of a new story along with the book title.

Like Pablo I'd love if Weeds and The Crate were included.

Bev Vincent
11-08-2014, 03:58 AM
Wonder if Bazaar of Bad Dreams could be a name of a new story along with the book title.

The only time he's done that previously is with Everything's Eventual (unless you consider Hearts in Atlantis a collection).

mae
11-08-2014, 04:09 AM
Hearts in Atlantis is a collection, what else would it be? I doubt we'll see any completely unpublished stories - Bad Little Kid might be it though, never technically published. And in the intervening year a few stories will probably still be published. For instance, The New York Times at Special Bargain Rates was published about a month before Just After Sunset, so I'm pretty sure the list will grow with new stories. And both Weeds and The Crate were recently anthologized so perhaps that bodes well for their long-awaited collection.

jhanic
11-08-2014, 12:05 PM
Am I the only one who thinks "The Bazaar of Bad Dreams" is a lousy title for a book?

John

Ricky
11-08-2014, 12:46 PM
I don't think it's all of the title. Bazaar is just a weird word.

Br!an
11-08-2014, 12:49 PM
Bazaar is just a weird word.

It's bizarre.

It's a bizarre bazaar!

Merlin1958
11-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Oddly, I'm okay with this when it is actually in publication. Not excited nor, unexcited. It will be what it will be. We shall see, right?

nocny
11-08-2014, 02:41 PM
I LOVE this title!

frik
11-09-2014, 04:02 AM
Am I the only one who thinks "The Bazaar of Bad Dreams" is a lousy title for a book?

John

Sorry, John, but I love this title.

sk

mae
11-09-2014, 04:12 AM
Yeah I'm not a big fan yet.

Tommy
11-09-2014, 09:59 AM
I'm not thrilled with the title either, seems kind of cheesy

Merlin1958
11-09-2014, 06:17 PM
"Bad Dreams Bazaar", may have worked better, but I agree this title seems somehow "Cheesy".

herbertwest
11-10-2014, 02:37 AM
Reminds me of "the secretary of the dreams". The title sounds good to me

mae
11-10-2014, 05:06 AM
That was a bad title too.

Bev Vincent
11-10-2014, 05:11 AM
Makes me think of The Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

Bev Vincent
11-10-2014, 07:37 AM
So 'Face in the Crowd' won't be there also I think.

Per Ms. Mod: I can neither confirm nor deny at this time. The only thing I can say is that chances are better for this one because the original publication was with Scribner unlike the ones with Joe.

mae
11-10-2014, 08:35 AM
Plus I think it was King who was mostly responsible for A Face in the Crowd. But it is sad to see Throttle and In the Tall Grass (especially) left out, making me now hope for a specific King/Hill collection soon.

herbertwest
11-10-2014, 09:16 AM
Do not forget that Joe and Steve both have their own and different publishers, so it's wouldn't necessarily be easily to publish their collaborations...

mae
11-10-2014, 10:37 AM
But the audio and ebook edition of In the Tall Grass were published by Scribner (Throttle ebook is by HarperCollins).

mae
11-11-2014, 10:59 AM
Another potential piece to be collected here is The Dark Man. It was recently published as a trade hardcover, so again like Blockade Billy and Morality King may not see a need to include it now, since there's a separate official King book out there.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
11-11-2014, 11:38 AM
Another potential piece to be collected here is The Dark Man. It was recently published as a trade hardcover, so again like Blockade Billy and Morality King may not see a need to include it now, since there's a separate official King book out there.

The recent trade hardcover of this was the 5th publication of this, and the 2nd by Cemetery Dance.

Cordial Jim
11-11-2014, 12:47 PM
Can't wait for this! I hope an oldie is thrown in, like "Man With a Belly" or "Weeds".

mae
11-11-2014, 10:45 PM

The recent trade hardcover of this was the 5th publication of this, and the 2nd by Cemetery Dance.

I meant that the 2013 CD edition was an official King book, not just an anthology.

mae
11-12-2014, 01:50 AM
Weeds is included in another new anthology: http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/e_chizmar01 So I think chances of it getting collected (and hopefully The Crate) are getting bigger.

mae
01-21-2015, 10:18 AM
Just re-quoting this here from the collector's sub-forum, as this is the news thread:

Mod at SKMB:

Last week he told me he was working on edits for The Bazaar of Bad Dreams and had a new short story in the wings. I haven't read that one yet but couldn't say more even if I had.

:onfire:

Brian James Freeman
01-21-2015, 10:46 AM
Weeds is included in another new anthology: http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/e_chizmar01 So I think chances of it getting collected (and hopefully The Crate) are getting bigger.

Also available on the Audiobook version from Tantor Media:

https://tantor.com/dark-screams-kelley-armstrong-ramsey-campbell-simon-clark-stephen-king-bill-pronzini.html

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_chizma10

Brian

Cordial Jim
01-21-2015, 03:50 PM
Just re-quoting this here from the collector's sub-forum, as this is the news thread:

Mod at SKMB:

Last week he told me he was working on edits for The Bazaar of Bad Dreams and had a new short story in the wings. I haven't read that one yet but couldn't say more even if I had.

:onfire:

YES! :)

Jon
01-23-2015, 11:10 PM
He does well, for a retired writer.

Ari_Racing
01-30-2015, 05:03 PM
Steve confirmed yesterday that UR will be included in the collection.

Jon
01-30-2015, 06:43 PM
So no WET dreams?

Merlin1958
01-30-2015, 07:23 PM
So no WET dreams?

Have you been hanging out with, R. Kelly? What is your obsession with "Pee" this evening? LOL LOL

Bev Vincent
02-03-2015, 12:16 PM
Update from the official site:

I asked Steve last week if there was any update on the TOC and got this response:
".....the final table of contents hasn’t been decided,
either the stories or the order, but that one of the longer ones has never
been published in this country, and some not at all."

jhanic
02-03-2015, 12:25 PM
Update from the official site:

I asked Steve last week if there was any update on the TOC and got this response:
".....the final table of contents hasn’t been decided,
either the stories or the order, but that one of the longer ones has never
been published in this country, and some not at all."

Sounds like we English-only speakers will finally get to read "Bad Little Kid".

John

Ricky
02-03-2015, 03:31 PM
That's my thought as well.

Looking forward to the collection. I've held off reading most of King's short stories over the past few years specifically waiting for it. :D

mae
02-03-2015, 11:50 PM
Well, Bad Little Kid was already sorta confirmed earlier.

herbertwest
02-04-2015, 01:09 AM
And apparently there will be some brand new too :)

mae
02-04-2015, 08:02 AM
That would have to be the case if the collection is indeed 20 stories long.

mae
02-04-2015, 09:22 AM
Steve confirmed yesterday that UR will be included in the collection.

During his talk (thanks to the video found by RF) he actually says Ur will be a revision of the ebook original. Interesting to see how it will be different.

Lilja
02-04-2015, 11:11 PM
During his talk (thanks to the video found by RF) he actually says Ur will be a revision of the ebook original. Interesting to see how it will be different.

Where can I find this video?

Lilja

nocny
02-04-2015, 11:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgxqQV8hX8U

Lilja
02-05-2015, 12:26 AM
Thanks!

Lilja

mae
02-05-2015, 07:03 AM
I also love the fact that King says Bazaar will be a "big book". The last two collections were pretty slim and were the two shortest overall, after Night Shift, so if we get a tome the size of N&D, that would just rock. (Still hoping to see both Weeds and The Crate included, pretty please!) I'm betting on a 600-page range here...

stroppygoblin
02-05-2015, 08:11 AM
any rumors of a limited version of this book?

Randall Flagg
02-07-2015, 02:52 PM
Only by hopeful collectors.

webstar1000
02-09-2015, 07:40 AM

If it has UR (which it very well may)... I want to get a limited matching for my Dark Tower set:) That be cool....

Mr. Rabbit Trick
02-09-2015, 07:45 AM

There was a limited (to 100) of FDNS, so there's hope.

mae
02-09-2015, 07:46 AM
I see many people type UR. It's not an acronym, it's a word, Ur.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
02-09-2015, 08:39 AM
http://liljas-library.com/img/other/ur_s.jpg

http://liljas-library.com/img/other/ur_a.jpg

webstar1000
02-09-2015, 08:40 AM
Gonna have to disagree Pablo... Alan has given definitive proof otherwise. :tongue1:

mae
02-09-2015, 08:53 AM
http://www.ew.com/article/2010/03/26/stephen-king-kindle-and-ipad

I decided I would like to write a story for the Kindle, but only if I could do one about the Kindle. Gadgets fascinate me, particularly if I can think of a way they might get weird. I had previously written about homicidal cars, sinister computers, and brain-destroying mobile phones; at the time the Amazon request came in, I’d been playing with an idea about a guy who starts getting e-mails from the dead. The story I wrote, ”Ur,” was about an e-reader that can access books and newspapers from alternate worlds. I realized I might get trashed in some of the literary blogs, where I would be accused of shilling for Jeff Bezos & Co., but that didn’t bother me much; in my career, I have been trashed by experts, and I’m still standing.

Bev Vincent
02-09-2015, 08:57 AM
That's just a reporter's quote -- he can't see King's capitalization. Here it is listed on King's official website:

http://www.bevvincent.com/images/ur.jpg

mae
02-09-2015, 08:59 AM
That's just a reporter's quote -- he can't see King's capitlization.

That's an article by King. And why does King, when speaking about it, pronounce it "Ooh-r", not "You Are"?

mikeC
02-09-2015, 11:05 AM
It's pronounced "ERR" in the audio book not "You Are". If that means anything.

I am really looking forward to this since I like Steve's short works the most.

Roseannebarr
03-02-2015, 10:36 AM
A Death” will appear this fall in a new collection of your stories, “The Bazaar of Bad Dreams.

webstar1000
03-02-2015, 10:51 AM
I wonder if we will get an S/L of this. I for sure do not think Finders will have one.... BUT who knows???

mae
03-02-2015, 11:50 AM
I'm pretty sure it's very safe to assume any short story published since Just After Sunset will be collected, except the co-authorships and that joke story. I'm just hoping for long-uncollected things like Weeds and The Crate.

mattgreenbean
03-02-2015, 11:56 AM
I'm pretty sure it's very safe to assume any short story published since Just After Sunset will be collected, except the co-authorships and that joke story. I'm just hoping for long-uncollected things like Weeds and The Crate.

Maybe it can be included as a hidden story. You know, like a hidden track on an album. It won't be listed on the TOC, but at the end of the book you turn the page and BOOM, hidden bonus story.

mae
03-02-2015, 01:34 PM
Although I shouldn't just say co-authoriships, since I don't believe it was explicitly confirmed that A Face in the Crowd won't be collected.

herbertwest
03-02-2015, 01:40 PM
I personnally hope that not all the stories will be published between now and the release. Would love to get some really unpublished stories (and for me BAD LITTLE KID doesn't count) !

It would have been complicated to organise, logistically speaking, but I think it would have been a great marketing scheme if somehow, the publisher had a deal with foreign countries in order to do something as follow : if the collection has 14 stories, then 1 foreign publisher gets the rights to translate and release 1 story (as an ebook / audiobook / free, whatever you want) prior to publication.
Therefore, all the stories are available, in different languages, which would lead to a global release date.

Would have been cool but complicated :p

Randall Flagg
03-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Any sneaks or ideas for the covers, ISBN's, issue price, etc.

Bev Vincent
03-03-2015, 02:07 PM
Not yet.

herbertwest
03-04-2015, 01:03 AM
Amazon has the ISBN defined as :
ISBN-10: 1501111671
ISBN-13: 978-1501111679

As a side note, the book "NEEDFUL THINGS" was translated into french under the title "BAZAAR"

mae
03-04-2015, 02:16 AM
That's Amazon UK. The book still isn't listed on Amazon US. But should be the same ISBN of course.

mae
03-05-2015, 03:35 AM

Not to toot my own horn again but here's an overview of what the contents may be:

Since we have two new novels to look forward to in 2014, I doubt any other new release will see print this year. Even though we're only four months in into 2014, I don't think it's that early to start looking forward to 2015 releases. I've long believed that in 2015, apart from whatever new novel(s) King may be working on, we'll see a new short fiction collection from him.

The math is simple, and I've posted about this formula a while back. Over the span of his long career, King has published five short story collections (counting just collections of mostly previously published stories). There was a seven-year gap between Night Shift and Skeleton Crew, an eight-year gap between Skeleton Crew and Nightmares & Dreamscapes, a nine-year gap between Nightmares & Dreamscapes and Everything's Eventual, and a six-year gap between Everything's Eventual and Just After Sunset. This averages to 7 years, rounding down. With 30 years between Night Shift and Just After Sunset, it actually averages to an even 6.

So, with Just After Sunset turning seven next year, I'm betting we'll be seeing King's sixth collection of short fiction finally gracing our shelves. Here's what it should contain:

Throttle
Ur
Premium Harmony
Under the Weather
Mile 81
The Dune
In the Tall Grass
A Face in the Crowd
Afterlife
Summer Thunder
Bad Little Kid

It might also include "Morality", but that was published as part of Blockade Billy, so King may consider it already collected. Then there were a few poems published by King recently (Mostly Old Men, The Bone Church, Tommy) that could (and should) also be included. As well, there could (and very well should) be included some long-uncollected stories, such as "Weeds", "The Crate", "The Reploids"... And of course a previously unpublished story or two could always be included (all collections thus far had at least one such story), as well as any new stories that may be published in the meantime.

So there you have it. Looks like a pretty solid volume, around the size of Skeleton Crew or so.

P.S.: I would be shocked if the co-authored stories won't be collected, but it's certainly possible.

So to recap, here's where we stand right now:

Ur
Premium Harmony
Under the Weather
Mile 81
The Dune
A Face in the Crowd
Afterlife
Summer Thunder
Bad Little Kid
A Death
Drunken Fireworks

These are definite, I believe (again, it was stated that the two Joe Hill stories won't make it, probably saving that for a separate King/Hill book, but no word that I saw about the O'Nan ebook). I doubt another short story is going to be published in the meantime, though that's certainly possible (The New York Times at Special Bargain Rates was published about a month before Just After Sunset was). Again, if the book is to contain "about 20 stories", it would need to be filled out by completely unpublished stuff (always welcome) or stuff long uncollected (Weeds, The Crate, pretty please!).

herbertwest
03-05-2015, 04:08 AM
This is not definite as this is only a guess.

mae
03-05-2015, 04:09 AM
This is not definite as this is only a guess.

Well, like I said: "These are definite, I believe" :)

Lilja
03-05-2015, 04:10 AM
The only once that's been confirmed are:

UR
A Death
Bad Little Kid
Drunken Fireworks

mae
03-05-2015, 04:19 AM
Right. I'm sure the full table of contents will soon be announced. Just After Sunset also came out in November and its contents were announced in February. So any day now.

mattgreenbean
03-05-2015, 06:16 AM
Even though I've collected most of the stories in the list above, I've only read 5 of them. So whatever makes it into the book, most of it will be new to me anyways :smile:

mae
03-05-2015, 07:50 AM
Actually, Ms. Mod did comment on A Face in the Crowd, and it does sound like it might make it:

http://stephenking.com/xf/index.php?threads/fall-2015-story-collection-contents.4252/page-2#post-266185

I can neither confirm nor deny at this time. The only thing I can say is that chances are better for this one because the original publication was with Scribner unlike the ones with Joe.

herbertwest
03-06-2015, 11:25 AM

Throttle
Ur
Premium Harmony
Under the Weather
Mile 81
The Dune
In the Tall Grass
A Face in the Crowd
Afterlife
Summer Thunder
Bad Little Kid

So to recap, here's where we stand right now:

Ur
Premium Harmony
Under the Weather
Mile 81
The Dune
A Face in the Crowd
Afterlife
Summer Thunder
Bad Little Kid
A Death
Drunken Fireworks

These are definite, I believe (again, it was stated that the two Joe Hill stories won't make it, probably saving that for a separate King/Hill book, but no word that I saw about the O'Nan ebook). I doubt another short story is going to be published in the meantime, though that's certainly possible (The New York Times at Special Bargain Rates was published about a month before Just After Sunset was). Again, if the book is to contain "about 20 stories", it would need to be filled out by completely unpublished stuff (always welcome) or stuff long uncollected (Weeds, The Crate, pretty please!).

I wonder if there would also be a novella, like Blockade Billy (which has been published, but not collected). Ur is sort of a novella too, but dunno about it as maybe amazon had an exclusivity (or maybe they did, but it expired)

mae
03-06-2015, 11:56 AM
Blockade Billy is a separate book, like Cycle of the Werewolf.

skyofcrack
03-06-2015, 12:24 PM
I do love him saying "It should be a pretty fat book"! I know he said it should collect about 20 stories, so it can be less (or more)

480 pages. Somewhere between Everything's Eventual and Skeleton Crew.

mae
03-06-2015, 12:39 PM
Haven't seen a page count anywhere yet. Hoping closer to the 600 range. That would be "fat".

skyofcrack
03-06-2015, 12:57 PM
Haven't seen a page count anywhere yet. Hoping closer to the 600 range. That would be "fat".

It's listed at 480 everywhere.

Bev Vincent
03-06-2015, 01:16 PM
That's probably just a placeholder. According to Ms. Mod, the contents haven't been settled yet.

skyofcrack
03-06-2015, 01:20 PM
That's probably just a placeholder. According to Ms. Mod, the contents haven't been settled yet.

Fair enough.

mae
03-06-2015, 01:24 PM
Amazon US has no listing still, and Amazon UK shows no page count.

skyofcrack
03-06-2015, 01:39 PM
This is an obvious fake.

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s323/skyofcrack/blu_ray/bazaar%20of%20bad%20dreams_zpsd8baijgp.jpg~origina l

mae
03-06-2015, 01:40 PM
Mos def.

mae
03-12-2015, 06:13 AM
The book is finally up for preorder: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1501111671/

It does say 480 pages, but Amazon has changed page counts from early preorder listings in the past.

Lilja
03-12-2015, 07:08 AM
Sounds lika a way to low pagecount if you ask me.

Lilja

Bev Vincent
03-12-2015, 07:15 AM
Ms. Mod said that it is just a placeholder value.

SystemCrashOverRide
03-12-2015, 07:35 AM
Any word on limited editions of any sort?

Merlin1958
03-12-2015, 07:08 PM
The book is finally up for preorder: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1501111671/

It does say 480 pages, but Amazon has changed page counts from early preorder listings in the past.

Ordered. Thanks for posting the link!!! You da man!!

mae
03-13-2015, 05:43 AM
You're welcome. Really looking forward to this. It may turn out to be my favorite collection of King's or thereabouts. Skeleton Crew is still at the top.

Gmailman
03-15-2015, 12:08 PM
http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1426446833-BofBD%20Mock%20up%20cover.jpg

Lilja
03-15-2015, 02:18 PM
Where is this cover from?

Lilja

SystemCrashOverRide
03-15-2015, 04:22 PM
Where is this cover from?

Lilja

Hopefully another fake? That is not an attractive piece.

mae
03-15-2015, 07:34 PM
Quite obviously a quick Paint job.

herbertwest
03-16-2015, 01:18 AM
Obviously a fake / fanmade placeholder image

Randall Flagg
03-16-2015, 05:12 AM
I like this one better:
http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1426511545-TBOBD.jpg

Lilja
03-16-2015, 05:19 AM
Who are doing all these covers?

Lilja

Randall Flagg
03-16-2015, 05:31 AM
The cover I just posted was done by member Sir_Boomme

herbertwest
03-16-2015, 05:38 AM
The cover I just posted was done by member Sir_Boomme

I knew I recognised him !
The placeholder I am using on my website is simply this :
http://club-stephenking.fr/img/NEWS/novembre/2014/the-bazaar-of-bad-dreams--stephen-king--couverture.jpg
until something better comes along

Bev Vincent
03-18-2015, 06:08 AM
The Bazaar of Bad Dreams, due to be published on 3 November, will bring together 20 short stories by King, a mix of new writing and work already collected in magazines. But it will also include an introduction to each story by the writer, in which he will provide “autobiographical comments on when, why and how he came to write it”, as well as “the origins and motivation of each story. His editor at Hodder & Stoughton, Philippa Pride, predicted the inclusion would “delight all his readers including those who love his insight into the craft of writing”.

In the new collection, King writes of how “little by little, writers develop their own styles, each as unique as a fingerprint. Traces of the writers one reads in one’s formative years remain, but the rhythm of each writer’s thoughts – an expression of his or her very brain waves, I think – eventually becomes dominant.”

The Bazaar of Bad Dreams will include the story A Death, recently published in the New Yorker. Other tales will range from “a man who keeps reliving the same life, repeating the same mistakes over and over again”, said Pride, to “a firework competition between neighbours which reaches an explosive climax, a columnist who kills people by writing their obituaries” and “a poignant tale about the end of the human race”.

>>> Source (http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/mar/18/stephen-king-writing-insights-bazaar-of-bad-dreams)

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-18-2015, 06:11 AM
But it will also include an introduction to each story by the writer, in which he will provide “autobiographical comments on when, why and how he came to write it”, as well as “the origins and motivation of each story.

...and hopefully King will read all these parts himself on the Audiobook, as he has done in the past.

mae
03-18-2015, 06:16 AM
I think he has always includes that type of info, except in Night Shift.

wolfehr
03-30-2015, 09:28 AM
Cemetery Dance is making a slipcase, in case anyone doesn't know and is interested.

Trade Hardcover w/ Slipcase (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_king108)
Just the slipcase (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/x_cases040)

mae
03-30-2015, 09:48 AM
http://www.liljas-library.com/article.php?id=4448

A master storyteller at his best—the O. Henry Prize winner Stephen King delivers a generous collection of stories, several of them brand-new, featuring revelatory autobiographical comments on when, why, and how he came to write (or rewrite) each story.

Since his first collection, Nightshift, published thirty-five years ago, Stephen King has dazzled readers with his genius as a writer of short fiction. In this new collection he assembles, for the first time, recent stories that have never been published in a book. He introduces each with a passage about its origins or his motivations for writing it.

There are thrilling connections between stories; themes of morality, the afterlife, guilt, what we would do differently if we could see into the future or correct the mistakes of the past. “Afterlife” is about a man who died of colon cancer and keeps reliving the same life, repeating his mistakes over and over again. Several stories feature characters at the end of life, revisiting their crimes and misdemeanors. Other stories address what happens when someone discovers that he has supernatural powers—the columnist who kills people by writing their obituaries in “Obits;” the old judge in “The Dune” who, as a boy, canoed to a deserted island and saw names written in the sand, the names of people who then died in freak accidents. In “Morality,” King looks at how a marriage and two lives fall apart after the wife and husband enter into what seems, at first, a devil’s pact they can win.

Magnificent, eerie, utterly compelling, these stories comprise one of King’s finest gifts to his constant reader—“I made them especially for you,” says King. “Feel free to examine them, but please be careful. The best of them have teeth.”

Cordial Jim
03-30-2015, 04:01 PM
Looking good so far! I sure hope an oldie makes it in, too.

Ari_Racing
04-20-2015, 06:05 AM
Full list:

1. Mile 81 – Scribner e.
2. Premium Harmony – 2009 New Yorker
3. Batman and Robin Have an Altercation – Harpers 2012
4. The Dune – Granta 2011
5. Bad Little Kid – New; Serial
6. A Death
7. The Bone Church – poem
8. Morality – Esquire 2009
9. Afterlife – Tin House 2013
10. Ur – 2009 Amazon e.
11. Herman Wouk is Still Alive – The Atlantic 2011
12. Under the Weather – Mass Market FDNS
13. Blockade Billy – Scribner e.
14. Mister Yummy – New; Serial
15. Tommy – Playboy poetry
16. The Little Green God of Agony – A Book of Horrors 2011
17. That Bus is Another World - Esquire
18. Obits – New; Serial
19. Drunken Fireworks
20. Summer Thunder – Cemetery Dance 2013

mae
04-20-2015, 06:21 AM
Here's the official link: http://stephenking.com/promo/bazaar-of-bad-dreams/index.html

"More Information Coming Soon"?

mae
04-20-2015, 06:22 AM
P.S.: I am shocked Blockade Billy is included. I've always understood this was a standalone work, like Cycle of the Werewolf.

nocny
04-20-2015, 06:24 AM
I was always shocked when I read your opinion about it :D

mae
04-20-2015, 06:29 AM
Also, A Face in the Crowd is missing :(

mikeC
04-20-2015, 06:37 AM
Oof ending on Summer Thunder...maybe the more information is what kind of prescribed drugs come with it.
What does "serial" mean?

Mister Yummy is such an awesome title.

mae
04-20-2015, 06:38 AM
And of course, no oldies (Weeds, The Crate). Fuck... :cry:

herbertwest
04-20-2015, 06:38 AM
So, 2 brand new stories!

mae
04-20-2015, 06:43 AM
So, 2 brand new stories!

Technically three. Well, four.

Bev Vincent
04-20-2015, 06:44 AM
Serial means that the story is new to this collection, never before published (in English). In the trade jargon, an author sells first serial rights to a short story if it hasn't appeared in any form before.

herbertwest
04-20-2015, 06:47 AM
So, 2 brand new stories!

Technically three.

Sort of.

Absolutely new :
- Obits
- Mister Yummy

Sort of new :
- Drunken Fireworks
- Bad Little Kid

divemaster
04-20-2015, 06:48 AM
They're all new to me (except Blockade Billy). Looking forward to it!

mae
04-20-2015, 07:02 AM
I'm very pleased that two of my favorites in this book, Premium Harmony and Batman and Robin Have an Altercation, are placed right at the beginning, though I don't know if Mile 81 is the best place to begin.

mae
04-20-2015, 07:16 AM
So that 480 pages on Amazon must be just a very early rough estimate. This must approach Nightmares & Dreamscapes thickness.

Ricky
04-20-2015, 07:24 AM
This must approach Nightmares & Dreamscapes thickness.

That would make me happy.

I think I've only read 5 of them, so 15 new stories for me!

I'm also really surprised that Blockade Billy will be included as well.

mikeC
04-20-2015, 07:36 AM
Serial means that the story is new to this collection, never before published (in English). In the trade jargon, an author sells first serial rights to a short story if it hasn't appeared in any form before.
Thank You.
I wonder if they will keep the already recorded audio book narrators or get new ones.
It will be odd for UR since he revised it.
I hope Steve at least reads the forward and afterword.

mae
04-20-2015, 07:53 AM
And of course, no oldies (Weeds, The Crate). Fuck... :cry:

I think this must put the last nail in the coffin of these ever being collected. I don't know why King doesn't like them.

mae
04-20-2015, 08:48 AM
Just as a fun aside, Blockade Billy was published five years ago today. I was always certain this was either a short novel, like Cycle of the Werewolf, or a separate novella, but it would stay a standalone book. Very weird situation. Don't recall a similar situation (stuff like Dolan's Cadillac doesn't count, since there was no trade edition).

jhanic
04-20-2015, 09:04 AM
This means that I'll have four new King stories to read! YAYYY!!

John

Bev Vincent
04-20-2015, 09:09 AM
The only story (other than collaborations) in recent years that didn't make the cut was the one from Hard Listening

mattgreenbean
04-20-2015, 09:51 AM
Blockade Billy is a 2010 novella ~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockade_Billy

He's included novellas before, though I don't think they were novellas that had previously been published.

Bev Vincent
04-20-2015, 09:59 AM
Sure he has -- but not ones that were published as stand-alones. The Mist and The Little Sisters of Eluria are two examples.

NoAttitudeThisTime
04-20-2015, 10:02 AM
The poem Mostly Old Men isn't included and I felt that little poem could easily have been squeezed in. I can understand King's refusal to include old stories such as The Crate and Weeds. They are good but would not fit into his more recent work - although we got The Cat from Hell in Just After Sunset.

Oh, and hey, it's me who have been here before and we had some bad altercations last year to which I apologized (I was DanishReader). When we sorted it out, I promised to contribute a list of illustrators and epigraphs but life got in the way. I had to create this new account. I hope everybody's doing great and I will shortly find a way to contribute my lists to this site. I may need some guidance as to how to share the epigraphs-list..or maybe it's okay if I just throw it in here as its own thread?

My new name here - well, really, just a little joke on my side;)

Ben Mears
04-20-2015, 11:01 AM
Maybe Weeds and The Crate will be bonus stories in the Cemetery Dance Night Shift re-issue.

Merlin1958
04-20-2015, 11:26 AM

Actually, if you think about it, it makes sense. The CD edition came out a few years ago in a collectible limited print run (20K?). So, now he gets a much wider audience, no?

Niels
04-20-2015, 11:41 AM

Actually, if you think about it, it makes sense. The CD edition came out a few years ago in a collectible limited print run (20K?). So, now he gets a much wider audience, no?

No, we already have a Scribner trade edition (with Morality included).

Merlin1958
04-20-2015, 11:44 AM

No, we already have a Scribner trade edition (with Morality included).

:doh: I forgot!!! I only collected the CD edition if I recall. Sorry about that. You are absolutely correct. It's just "filler", of sorts.

Darkday
04-20-2015, 12:02 PM
Including "Blockade Billy" in The Bazaar of Bad Dreams makes it accessible to a much larger audience. The standalone book was published in three languages as far as I know, while Just After Sunset was published in at least 18 languages.

Cordial Jim
04-20-2015, 01:46 PM
I like the picks for the most part, especially the inclusion of The Bone Church. I hope the Phil Hale illustrations are included. I'm a little bit baffled at the inclusion of Blockade Billy, however. I love the story, but it was already a standalone book. They could have squeezed in a couple more short stories in its place -- "Weeds", "The Crate", "The Rock and Roll Dead Zone", or something else. Still, I'm gonna love this book!

mae
04-20-2015, 03:09 PM
The Rock and Roll Dead Zone was never going to be collected.

mae
04-20-2015, 04:12 PM
So while Throttle and In the Tall Grass could conceivably be collected in a hypothetical King/Hill book, I wonder what will be the fate of A Face in the Crowd? Destined to remain uncollected?

cowboy_ed
04-20-2015, 06:38 PM
Well, it's uncollected, but if people want to read it they're hardly short on options:

https://www.stephenking.com/promo/face_in_the_crowd/

herbertwest
04-21-2015, 04:16 AM
It's funny that the english title : "the bazaar of bad dreams" sort of echoes with french title.
- Needful Things, was called "Bazaar" in french.
- The movie based on Needful Things, was titled "le bazaar de l'épouvante" in french. Which could translate as "the bazaar of horror"

Sort of reminds me of "Night Shift" being translated in french as "Danse Macabre". Who then became the title of the essay (titled, "Anatomie de l'horreur" in french : "anatomy of horror")

mae
04-21-2015, 06:39 AM
I can understand King's refusal to include old stories such as The Crate and Weeds. They are good but would not fit into his more recent work - although we got The Cat from Hell in Just After Sunset.

That's why I was fairly certain Weeds and The Crate would be collected here, because, firstly, King appeared to have softened his stance on old stories by finally collecting The Cat From Hell in Just After Sunset (his introduction to Nightmares & Dreamscapes states that he's collected all the stories he wants, up to and including N&D, and anything left out won't ever be), and secondly, Weeds and The Crate have been republished a few times in recent years, as recently as several months ago, I believe. So this was giving me hope. Maybe they'll still be added, the page does say there's more info to come...

mae
04-21-2015, 06:39 AM
Well, it's uncollected, but if people want to read it they're hardly short on options:

https://www.stephenking.com/promo/face_in_the_crowd/

I have the e-book, but I can't put it on my shelf along other King books.

herbertwest
04-21-2015, 07:05 AM
You can create your own physical book for your shelves...

Cordial Jim
04-21-2015, 03:21 PM
The Rock and Roll Dead Zone was never going to be collected.

Just out of curiosity, why? I havn't read the story.

NoAttitudeThisTime
04-21-2015, 03:36 PM
The Rock and Roll Dead Zone was sort of a lark, a humerous story in the Hard Listening e-book, published by The Rock Bottom Remainders in 2013. King is the main character in the tale. I still feel that the short poem Mostly Old Men should have been squeezed into Bazaar of Bad Dreams, but maybe it was ruled out because the other two poems are more like longer narratives. Could be there will a bonus story or two since it says "More to Come Later" at the bottom of the TOC page.

jhanic
04-21-2015, 05:10 PM
The TOC says more information is coming later. I don't think (but I DO hope) that may mean more stories.

John

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-21-2015, 10:12 PM
The TOC says more information is coming later. I don't think (but I DO hope) that may mean more stories.

John

Maybe an extra story in the paperback. That would be a great promotion for it.

mae
04-21-2015, 11:03 PM
The paperback is a long way off and wouldn't be announced now. It could be an additional story or two. I doubt it.

mikeC
04-22-2015, 05:46 AM

John

It's probably Cover art, audiobook info and page count per story info.

mae
04-23-2015, 05:18 AM
That sounds likely. I hope the cover will be killer, because this will probably be my favorite King collection.

mae
05-02-2015, 12:32 PM
And here's our first look at the text element of the cover:

http://stephenking.com/news_archive/article496.html

Scribner has announced they will unveil the cover art for Stephen’s highly-anticipated short story collection,The Bazaar of Bad Dreams in stages.

Throughout May, the sinister and mysterious artwork will be reveled on the following dates: 1st, 8th, 12th, 15th, and 22nd. Be sure to check back here at 3pm EDT on those dates for each new piece.

The final cover and special reveal will debut on May 22nd.

Bazaar of Bad Dreams will be available in hardcover, eBook and audiobook formats on November 3rd, 2015.

http://stephenking.com/promo/bazaar-of-bad-dreams/cover-reveal/bobd-cover-reveal-1.jpg

Randall Flagg
05-02-2015, 01:14 PM
Have they dropped the "the"?

mae
05-02-2015, 01:30 PM
Appears that way.

Randall Flagg
05-02-2015, 01:36 PM
Appears that way.
Unless it's part of the "reveal"...

herbertwest
05-04-2015, 12:41 AM
Have they dropped the "the"?

That's what I wondered too when I saw that.
Amazon list the title & the cover, so without the "THE"

Somehow, I think that it sounds weird without it

herbertwest
05-04-2015, 03:49 AM
The reveals will be at 3pm EDT : if I am not mistaken, that means 9pm Paris time?

Bev Vincent
05-06-2015, 03:03 AM
According to King's webmaster: "It is The Bazaar of Bad Dreams. Revised artwork will be posted before the end of the week."

herbertwest
05-06-2015, 04:05 AM
Just to be sure, so you are saying that the final title is : "The Bazaar of Bad Dreams"? (and therefore, as RF said, the THE is probably part of the reveal)
Amazon apparently updated their listing with the cover + the title as "Bazaar of Bad Dreams", but they may have taken it from the cover

Bev Vincent
05-06-2015, 06:32 AM
According to Jordan, the "the" is part of the title.

herbertwest
05-06-2015, 10:20 AM
I asked the same thing to Marsha a few days ago, but didnt get any reply yet...

Bev Vincent
05-06-2015, 10:51 AM
She's on vacation.

This is the most discussed "the" since the one that does not appear in "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption"

herbertwest
05-06-2015, 11:07 AM
In France, the movie was titled, spoilery, as : LES EVADES (lit : THE ESCAPED)

mae
05-07-2015, 05:02 AM
She's on vacation.

This is the most discussed "the" since the one that does not appear in "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption"

Sounds better with the "the". Both times.

mae
05-07-2015, 06:21 AM
Scribner still lists this as 480 pages: http://books.simonandschuster.com/Bazaar-of-Bad-Dreams/Stephen-King/9781501111679 Weird.

nocny
05-08-2015, 11:13 AM
http://stephenking.pl/stephen_king/news/bad_dreams_8maj.jpg

herbertwest
05-08-2015, 01:52 PM
Am I the only one that inks that it's weird that that, on facebook/twitter, Scribner shows pieces of this cover, but this whole cover is available ENTIRELY on the .com website?
For me, it DOES seem to be the entire cover... or isnt it a mistake?

frik
05-08-2015, 08:32 PM
on facebook/twitter, Scribner shows pieces of this cover, but this whole cover is available ENTIRELY on the .com website?

Can't find it.
Link please, Jeremy??

sk

nocny
05-09-2015, 12:25 AM
Am I the only one that inks that it's weird that that, on facebook/twitter, Scribner shows pieces of this cover, but this whole cover is available ENTIRELY on the .com website?
For me, it DOES seem to be the entire cover... or isnt it a mistake?

I don't know what you are talking about ;) It's .com who shows pieces of this cover and there is no full cover.

herbertwest
05-09-2015, 12:54 AM
The official facebook page, shows "pieces" of covers, of instance, last night, the second reveal was :
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialStephenKing/posts/597204657085787

The link of this page brings you to the official website, ie :
http://stephenking.com/promo/bazaar-of-bad-dreams/cover-reveal/

Where, the image LOOKS like a full cover (despite the "final cover to be revealed") : full size, King's name, full title, butterflies... it almost looks complete, except if maybe that wasnt the final version but a preliminary cover. ALthough, for me, the reveals would have been : title, king's name, a butterfly...
>>> Am I the only one being confused by all this?

http://stephenking.com/promo/bazaar-of-bad-dreams/cover-reveal/bobd-cover-reveal-1.jpg

nocny
05-09-2015, 12:56 AM
Still don't get it, it's not the final cover but part of it :D

Br!an
05-09-2015, 03:03 AM
Scroll down and it says,

"Throughout May, the cover artwork for The Bazzar of Bad Dreams will be revealed on the following dates:
May 1st, 8th, 12th, 15th, and 22nd.

Be sure to check back here at 3pm EDT on those dates for each new piece."

So there are three more "reveals" of the cover artwork left.

herbertwest
05-09-2015, 04:48 AM
I know, but....

mae
05-09-2015, 07:07 AM
There's still no background.

SystemCrashOverRide
05-09-2015, 07:28 AM
I know, but....

Yes it's a full sized cover image, but there's a lot of that image still lacking. As Pablo suggested, there's no background, and presumably that will be added in stages as they "leak" more of the cover.

Ari_Racing
05-09-2015, 08:25 AM
They're releasing layers of the PSD file ;)

herbertwest
05-09-2015, 09:52 AM
There's still no background.

Doesnt necessarily need a background.. but yes, I guess that you guys are right. Makes more sense. I still find confusing that the facebook page shares "pieces" of the covers, probably to encourage clicking on the link

mae
05-10-2015, 06:31 PM
Amazon now lists the page count at 512. Same as Skeleton Crew.

herbertwest
05-11-2015, 12:05 AM
And they changed the title back

Bev Vincent
05-12-2015, 11:16 AM
Phase 3 of the reveal: http://stephenking.com/promo/bazaar-of-bad-dreams/cover-reveal/cover-reveal-1.html

http://stephenking.com/promo/bazaar-of-bad-dreams/cover-reveal/bobd-cover-reveal-3.jpg

herbertwest
05-12-2015, 11:17 AM
New piece
http://stephenking.com/promo/bazaar-of-bad-dreams/cover-reveal/bobd-cover-reveal-3.jpg

Niels
05-13-2015, 10:54 AM
http://stephenking1sts.com/wp-content/uploads/The-Bazaar-of-Bad-Dreams-Reveal-3.jpg

mae
05-13-2015, 06:31 PM
I'm liking this cover a lot.

NoAttitudeThisTime
05-14-2015, 01:23 AM
Same here:)

Merlin1958
05-14-2015, 04:13 PM
Sorry, not so much here, at least so far.

nocny
05-15-2015, 11:03 AM
http://stephenking.pl/stephen_king/news/bad_dreams_15maj.jpg

stroppygoblin
05-15-2015, 11:19 AM
It would be perfect if not for that crappy hand drawn font for the title.. (IMHO)

nocny
05-15-2015, 11:21 AM
Font is great! And I think it will be the best american book cover of any King book.

zelig
05-15-2015, 11:45 AM
I like it so far. I get the whole cover reveal angle but I think it would have been better to just see the final cover. Seeing layers like this can make you form the wrong impression about it. Anyway, so far it looks like a good cover.

frik
05-15-2015, 11:49 AM
Love it.
Indeed, except for the letter font of the title: horrible - and clashes with the title font.

sk

NoAttitudeThisTime
05-15-2015, 11:50 AM
I wonder if the art is based on the story Mister Yummy as I can't connect it with any other listed stories.

Randall Flagg
05-15-2015, 12:40 PM
Why do people always complain about the font as if they personally could do a better job?
Prove you can do better.
Post your work here.

Ricky
05-15-2015, 01:37 PM
I LOVE the cover so far (especially the font. The hand-drawn aspect makes it look creepy, almost childlike).

One thing I'm confused about: is the title going to remain in red, do we know? It was red, then white, now back to red.

herbertwest
05-16-2015, 12:27 AM
It's a nice artwork, but somehow it seem "too crowded" for me..
Will see how the final artwork goes

Cordial Jim
05-16-2015, 08:54 AM
I quite like it so far. Good to see the mysterious Crow again.

Deckard2112
05-16-2015, 11:55 AM
I've only read a few of these so looking forward to getting the collection. I'm not sold on the title though......

cowboy_ed
05-18-2015, 05:20 PM
i dig the cover. might have to pick up the US hardback

mae
05-18-2015, 06:04 PM
It's very surreal, I like it.

mae
05-22-2015, 01:48 AM
The final cover will be unveiled today at 3 PM along with "a special digital surprise".

frik
05-22-2015, 06:22 AM
3 PM

That's 9PM over here.

sk

mattgreenbean
05-22-2015, 06:54 AM
The final cover will be unveiled today at 3 PM along with "a special digital surprise".

Animated cover art??

SystemCrashOverRide
05-22-2015, 09:58 AM

An excerpt from one of the stories perhaps?

mae
05-22-2015, 10:59 AM
It's up, a few minutes early.

zelig
05-22-2015, 11:01 AM
Doesn't look any different than the last one. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Do you have a link?

Bev Vincent
05-22-2015, 11:03 AM
http://stephenking.com/promo/bazaar-of-bad-dreams/cover-reveal/cover-reveal-1.html

Animated version: http://stephenking.com/promo/bazaar-of-bad-dreams/cover-reveal/cover-reveal-animated.html

zelig
05-22-2015, 11:08 AM
Thanks Bev. It looks the same as the previous version. I was expecting the black background to have been revealed as something else.

SystemCrashOverRide
05-22-2015, 11:13 AM
Just a heads up that Cemetery Dance's 40% Memorial day sale DOES apply to TBOBD's with Slipcase. I pre-ordered mine just now!

Brian James Freeman
05-22-2015, 11:20 AM
Just a heads up that Cemetery Dance's 40% Memorial day sale DOES apply to TBOBD's with Slipcase. I pre-ordered mine just now!

Thanks for the heads-up, it has now been excluded! It shouldn't have been part of this sale.

Brian

mikeC
05-22-2015, 11:24 AM
Wow, no farting around with that cover. I hope there is a couple "fun" stories in there and not all slow death cancer and baby eating. I read Home Delivery the other day, what a great fun story, I miss those.