PDA

View Full Version : This is the Worst Movie Ever.....Tribute

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

John Blaze
05-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Ok, there's tons of shitty movies out there. But once in a while you get trailers and previews for what looks like it's going to be the most amazing movie ever, you see the commercial that has those cheesy reviewer quotes like "most innovative film since house of flying daggers" and then you watch it.

It's shit.

That's what I experienced just recently. The movie was Quentin Tarantino's The Protector.

So I thought, wow, looks like awesome martial arts, it's a tarantino film, and the reviews are good. I should rent it, right? Wrong, bitch.

If you've ever seen this movie, you know what I'm talking about. Besides never fully explaining transitions, you find out it's all about an elephant. This dude kills a gazillion people, over a stolen elephant. Well, cultures, sacred crows of India, and all that. But it's not just that. The movie just blows.

So go ahead, here's a thread to rant about, give us your take of the worst movie ever!

ZoNeSeeK
05-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Swept Away.

Its basically become a cult classic because its so fucking poor. Madonna plays some idiot that ends up on some boat and then on some island and breaks into song and its actually pretty funny.

towerguard
05-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Well, I don't know if Good Burger is a "bad" movie, but I know I might be the only one I know who loves it as much as I do. I usually make a reference to it at least once a day on average.

Bethany
05-10-2007, 02:48 AM
Well, I don't know if Good Burger is a "bad" movie, but I know I might be the only one I know who loves it as much as I do. I usually make a reference to it at least once a day on average.

I'll introduce you to my 9 year old and then you will.

The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover is the most hideous movie I have ever seen. To quote Bart Simpson "I didn't think it was possible but this both sucks and blows." All of the ads painted this picture as a naughty, erotic romp--which is exactly what any 17 year old wants to go see when on vacation with no parental supervision. But what I got was bizarre statements through scene colors, a singing newsboy and a cannibal.

Erin
05-10-2007, 04:46 AM
I really didn't like Beastmaster at all when I saw it recently. I did like the ferret main characters though.

Jean
05-10-2007, 04:47 AM
I hope everybody has seen Wag The Dog

(I don't mean this is the Worst Movie Ever, - I love it)

Well, there are a few movies which, although liked by many, look to me exactly like what the main characters of Wag The Dog would make if called upon:

Thelma & Louise

Stepmom

Dead Man Walkling

Pay It Forward

towerguard
05-10-2007, 04:55 AM
I'll introduce you to my 9 year old and then you will.

Not sure if this is good or bad.

OchrisO
05-10-2007, 09:04 AM
I really didn't like Beastmaster at all when I saw it recently. I did like the ferret main characters though.

:orely:
Beastmaster is a classic.

Matt
05-10-2007, 09:07 AM
I may get torn apart for this but I thought "American Beauty" was horrible. It won best picture over the Green Mile that year <_<

OchrisO
05-10-2007, 09:10 AM
The first Punisher movie that had Dolph Lundgren in it is pretty close to the top of my list of worst movies ever. I am not sure if it holds #1 though.

Candice Dionysus
05-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Worst movie I ever saw?
Oh jeeze, in a "man this sucks, I'll never watch it again" way, or a "this is so bad I love it" way?

I'll assume the first one.

The worst movie I ever saw, I swear, musta been Hostel.
I mean that, I hated it.

Randall Flagg
05-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
Pure drivel.

OchrisO
05-10-2007, 09:13 AM
Pure drivel.

Seriously? I love that movie. It makes me feel horribly down, but I love it.

Matt
05-10-2007, 09:14 AM
Pure drivel.

I totally agree but I don't mention it much because people seem to love thing.

and I am big on Kate Winslet too so its confusing. :borg:

OchrisO
05-10-2007, 09:22 AM
Oh wait, Freddy Got Fingered is definately higher on the list of worst movies ever than the original Punisher. I'm likely to keep one-uping my choices though.

Rjeso
05-10-2007, 09:27 AM
The Pest.

It takes a lot to make me stop watching a movie, but I couldn't get through fifteen minutes of that flick.

fernandito
05-10-2007, 09:28 AM
I'm sorry , but I'm about to nuke all you homies out of the water:

GIGLI.

What the hell?! I want to claw my face off just for typing that out. J-Lo took some tips in cardboard acting from that guy who played Darth Vader in the new Star Wars movies, and Ben Affleck's Italian 'accent' makes me want to jump off a building.

fernandito
05-10-2007, 09:30 AM
The worst movie I ever saw, I swear, musta been Hostel.
I mean that, I hated it.

<3

Matt
05-10-2007, 09:36 AM
J-Lo took some tips in cardboard acting from that guy who played Darth Vader in the new Star Wars movies,

:rofl:

Rjeso
05-10-2007, 09:37 AM
GIGLI.

Never saw it. :rock:

Never gonna see it, either.

ZoNeSeeK
05-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Oh i think gigli was shit too.

... cardboard acting ... and [the] 'accent' makes me want to jump off a building.

*points at FP's sig*

Whats the spanish word for irony? ironía ? :)

ZoNeSeeK
05-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Oh and i thought The Notebook was a piece of shit aswell. Are you supposed to like or sympathise with the main characters? The guy behaved like he had some serious sociopathic tendencies going on and she was just a slutbag.

Candice Dionysus
05-10-2007, 08:55 PM
<3
<33

John Blaze
05-11-2007, 06:48 AM
Swept Away.

Its basically become a cult classic because its so fucking poor. Madonna plays some idiot that ends up on some boat and then on some island and breaks into song and its actually pretty funny.

I don't remember her singing on the Island? :orely: I don't remember her singing at all.... but at least that movie made sense.

John Blaze
05-11-2007, 06:52 AM
The Pest.

It takes a lot to make me stop watching a movie, but I couldn't get through fifteen minutes of that flick.

o rly?

I myself hate that movie, and most of Leguizamo's movies, but I love his stand-up. In my eyes, there's no one better.

John Blaze
05-11-2007, 06:54 AM
and she was just a slutbag.

I agree, although I'm upset that the slutbag didn't want to spend any time with me.

fernandito
05-11-2007, 08:05 AM
Oh i think gigli was shit too.

*points at FP's sig*

Whats the spanish word for irony? ironía ? :)

Wait, wait, wait. Firstly, at no point in the movie does he even try to pull off a Greek accent, he's just using his 'acting' voice. Secondly, you can say whatever you want about the movie, but at no point can you question Butler's (Leonidas) acting, his energy alone drove the movie forward. Hell, he twisted his elbow, sprained his ankle, and lost his voice , all while shooting the film.

[/rant] :cool:

See? Now I need a cigarette and I can't have one, thanks josh. (punches Zone's AV through the screen)

LadyHitchhiker
05-12-2007, 04:30 PM
I absolutely can't stand Stripes.

Rjeso
05-12-2007, 04:56 PM
:O

*backs away from Liz*

John Blaze
05-12-2007, 11:01 PM
What is Stripes?

is it as bad as 28 days later?

:P i can't believe so many people here actually like that shit!

Rjeso
05-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Did I just hear you correctly, JB?

You don't know Stripes (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083131/)?

OchrisO
05-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Where have you been soldier?

Traaaaaainin' SIR!

What kind of training, soldier?

Aaaaaaaaaaarmy trainin', SIR!

I love Stripes.

Rjeso
05-12-2007, 11:59 PM
Thank you, Chris. Finally, someone with sense. ;)

That's, like, the best scene, too.

(Haha, you know I love ya, Liz.)

OchrisO
05-13-2007, 12:02 AM
Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. I mean, it's not just the uniform. It's the stories that you tell. So much fun and imagination.

Ruki
05-13-2007, 12:47 AM
austin powers. just thinking of it puts me in a bad mood.

John Blaze
05-13-2007, 08:07 PM
all of them, or just one?

I actually think they're fluff. If they're on tv, and nothing better's on, I'll watch them, but I've never gone out of my way to watch one of those movies.

I watched Torque the other day, and it's officially the second worst movie ever, after The Protector.

fernandito
05-13-2007, 08:08 PM
austin powers. just thinking of it puts me in a bad mood.

:cry:

Why? That movie is so groovy..........baby

Rjeso
05-13-2007, 08:17 PM
I liked the first one, but they really should have stopped there.

towerguard
05-14-2007, 12:10 AM
I absolutely can't stand Stripes.
I like Stripes, and I can see why people love it. BUT, I think anyone under 27-30 is gonna have a harder time getting into it then older males. It's one of those things, like the things they say in the movie are the sorts (not you guys quoting the movie, this is on a different level) of things lame older guys say when they're trying to be funny/cutesyfunny. If you hated Caddyshack (one of my top 10 worst/overrated movies of all time, for pretty much the same reasons, yet...moreso) you probably wont be into Stripes.

ZoNeSeeK
05-14-2007, 05:08 AM
but at no point can you question Butler's (Leonidas) acting, his energy alone drove the movie forward. Hell, he twisted his elbow, sprained his ankle, and lost his voice , all while shooting the film.

He lost his voice? What a damn shame. :)

Cutter
05-15-2007, 09:43 AM
The Amityville Horror (spelling?), the remake.

I watched about 70% of this movie in two sittings, and then just couldn't finish it. This is one of the only movies I haven't been able to finish because it sucked so bad.

Hannah
05-15-2007, 11:56 AM
A few recent ones that I've seen that I thought were pretty bad:

Black Dahlia. I wasted money on seeing it at the theater (not my turn to pick the movie, unfortunately).

Alexander. Seriously, what the hell were they thinking? First of all, Colin Ferrel does NOT look good with curly blonde hair. Second of all, Jared Leto was not buyable as a gay grecian.

ErinPatricia
05-15-2007, 01:27 PM

"I'm grape nose boy! Bloobity bloobity bloobity bloobity"

i freaking love that movie.

ErinPatricia
05-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Fast and the Furious
Ghost Rider
Eye of the Beholder
those are only the ones I can think of right now...

Matt
05-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Alexander. Seriously, what the hell were they thinking? First of all, Colin Ferrel does NOT look good with curly blonde hair. Second of all, Jared Leto was not buyable as a gay grecian.

:lol:

That movie is seriously horrible. I hated everyone in it.

OchrisO
05-15-2007, 02:45 PM
Black Dahlia. I wasted money on seeing it at the theater (not my turn to pick the movie, unfortunately).

A good friend of mine went and saw it, and he said it is the only movie that he has ever walked out of in a theater. He says taht generally, if he pays to see a movie, he will sit through it no matter what, but he just couldn't handle how horrible that movie was and left. So, I have never bothered to watch it.

fernandito
05-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Thanks for reminding Chris.

The Condemned. HORRIBLE MOVIE. That's the only movie I've ever walked out on. It's about this guy that rounds up all these death row inmates, throws them into an island together, and tells them that the last one left standing will be freed. In the beginning there's one good fight and then everything turns to shit because they start 'teaming up' or try to avoid the other guys.

ZoNeSeeK
05-15-2007, 03:45 PM
I really disliked King Arthur with Clive Owen (although he has done alot of great films since then), I thought it was incredibly poxy and dated. Did anyone else think so?

OchrisO
05-15-2007, 03:50 PM
Well, I liked it, but it was probably mostly because of this:

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/touchstone_pictures/king_arthur/keira_knightley/strapped.jpg

:wub:

Celtic Warrior women win, always.

ZoNeSeeK
05-15-2007, 03:52 PM
Yeah she was good, but the movie was still shit :)

John Blaze
05-15-2007, 10:21 PM
i thought it was better than alexander, i'll tell you that.

towerguard
05-16-2007, 04:23 AM
Well, I liked it, but it was probably mostly because of this:

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/touchstone_pictures/king_arthur/keira_knightley/strapped.jpg

:wub:

Celtic Warrior women win, always.

Kiera makes all movies better.

tamez
05-16-2007, 07:54 AM
worst movie ever for me was A Thin Red Line

MonteGss
05-16-2007, 10:45 AM
Fargo.

Maybe not the worst but it sure was dumb.

towerguard
05-16-2007, 01:12 PM
Fargo was awesome! *gasp*

MonteGss
05-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Hmmm, how about Magnolia?

Matt
05-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Very bad!!

Also...Eyes Wide Shut <_<

MonteGss
05-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Ooooh, I agree.
I went on a date to that movie....we left without finishing it. Horrible.

(except the boobies, :))

ZoNeSeeK
05-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Fargo is in my top 10 (of best movies) easy :)

Monte, did you not like it because it was set around where you live?

MonteGss
05-16-2007, 03:46 PM
No, that wasn't the reason. There was such hype about it when it came out so when I did see it finally, it was nothing compared to what everyone had said. I'm sure that happens sometimes....

ZoNeSeeK
05-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Ah ok .. I saw it when it had been out on dvd for a couple of years and hadn't heard of it until someone suggested I watch it so there was no preconceptions. (and the cast is awesome)

Its funny how that affects your viewing experience, isnt it?

Hannah
05-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Very bad!!

Also...Eyes Wide Shut <_<

The boobies were the only redeeming factor to this movie.

And the last line of the movie. It was so unbelievably lame that it actually made me laugh.

OchrisO
05-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Showgirls is pretty bad. That movie was full of boobies, and that didn't even help it. :\

Aaron
05-17-2007, 12:55 AM
Let me list the shite:

The Black Dahlia (Hannah was so right about that)
Alexander (right on that one, too)
The Fast and the Furious (just fucking lame)
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace (just fucking insulting)
Armageddon (Steve Buscemi is, once again, the only redeeming factor in a Jerry Bruckheimer film)
Batman and Robin (he should have gotten Buscemi instead of Clooney)
Superman IV: The Quest for Peace (this is what really killed Christopher Reeve)
Meteor Man (if you've never seen it, count yourself lucky)
Godzilla (with Matthew Broderick and a script too bad for even him)
Grease 2 (jesus, kill me now)
Lethal Weapon 4 (ruined the series)
Black Dog (one of the most horrible films ever)
The Cable Guy (I'd rather drink glass shards)
Suture (this is a low budget stinker where they try to pass off a black dude and a white dude as identical twins. Actually, it was a younger black guy and a middle-aged balding white man, if that makes any difference. It made me want to burn my face.)
Scream 3 (sad excuse for an ending)

And that is all for now. I'm sure I'll think of more.

MonteGss
05-17-2007, 03:11 AM
Let me list the shite:

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace (just fucking insulting)

I think I just died inside...

:(

John Blaze
05-17-2007, 10:02 AM
I like Armaggedon! :(

but hound, yeah, hilarious.

ZoNeSeeK
05-17-2007, 04:56 PM
Totally agree with Godzilla.

Mathew Broderick should have quit films after Ferris Bueller's - he ruins anything he touches now.

fernandito
05-17-2007, 04:57 PM

Mathew Broderick should have quit films after Ferris Bueller's - he ruins anything he touches now.

You're just pissed because he was the voice behind Simba and not you.:dance:

ZoNeSeeK
05-17-2007, 07:20 PM
If Simba isn't careful there'll be a wad of man gravy heading his way.

John Blaze
05-17-2007, 10:49 PM

didn't he do Must Love Dogs? I liked that one.

Rjeso
05-18-2007, 06:21 AM
Fargo's okay. Quite entertaining hearing the waaay overdone stereotypical Minnesoh-tan accent, too.

fernandito
05-18-2007, 09:29 AM
I've never seen Fargo. :(

MonteGss
05-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Oh, I predict a little backlash from this one:

Natural Born Killers
(i fucking hate juliette lewis)

Telynn
05-18-2007, 07:11 PM
I know I'm going to get some disagreement on this but for me, Oh Brother Where Art Thou. My kids loved it. My husband and I hated it. And yes, I get the whole Odyssey thing... it was just stupid.

Another movie that many liked but I just didn't was Raising Arizona. I didn't find one thing funny in that movie. And so many thought it was hilarious. Maybe there are things I just don't get....:orely:

OchrisO
05-18-2007, 08:52 PM
I have been stabbed in the heart twice, once by the slander against Natural Born Killers, and again by the slander of O Brother Where Art Thou?

I'm going to go find a corner to weep in.

Telynn
05-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Then go rent Raising Arizona. You should like it. It has that same dead-pan, dry humor.

MonteGss
05-18-2007, 09:11 PM
Sorry Chris but NBK ain't cool...:(
I LOVE Oh Brother though. :)

Frunobulax
05-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Worst movie ever:
Older, hands down is Manos:, The Hands Of Fate
Recent: Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever

LadyGan
05-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Bud the Chud
The Neverending Story 2 & 3
The Alamo(the remake)

Baradin
05-19-2007, 07:57 PM
MulHolland Drive.

End Of Thread.
David Lynch should be hung by his fibbley bits for putting this utter tripe out on screen for us all to be tortured by. And before you get all "But you just didn't get it" oh yes I do. I won't say it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but if necessary I will pm you about this crap. Bad acting, horrible plot, not even a 1/2 hour lesbian love scene could bring this movie back to even mediocre.

Worst
Movie
EVAR!!!!

Spencer
05-19-2007, 08:31 PM
I have a tape of The Fantastic Four movie made in the late 80s/early 90s. However bad you think the recent theatrical release was, (I liked it), this one is 20 times worse. When Reed stretches they show a wide shot of a 10 foot long prosthetic arm. Junk like that. and the Special effects were better than the dialouge.

Spencer
05-19-2007, 08:32 PM
MulHolland Drive.

End Of Thread.
David Lynch should be hung by his fibbley bits for putting this utter tripe out on screen for us all to be tortured by. And before you get all "But you just didn't get it" oh yes I do. I won't say it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but if necessary I will pm you about this crap. Bad acting, horrible plot, not even a 1/2 lesbian love scene could bring this movie back to even mediocre.

Worst
Movie
EVAR!!!!

I still haven't seen this, but I think I need to just so I can revel in the utter incompetency. :lol:

John Blaze
05-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Natural Born Killers I understand. I detest Julieete Lewis Myself, except in the movie The Other Sister, where she did a little too convincing part of being tached in the head. Must come natural to her. (sorry, that's really mean, isn't it?)

O Brother is a movie my wife adores, and I like. It's ok, and I love the music, at least.

MonteGss
05-20-2007, 02:38 PM
It's only mean if it's untrue. :)

ZoNeSeeK
05-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Juliette Lewis has been in some awesome movies. I think she's really good at playing really fucked up people but these are just characters remember :)

Whats eating gilbert grape, Kalifornia, From Dusk til Dawn ..

John Blaze
05-20-2007, 11:50 PM
Then go rent Raising Arizona. You should like it. It has that same dead-pan, dry humor.

in From Dusk till Dawn, if I had been one of the Vampires, I would have killed Lewis first, just because she looks stupid.

Jen
05-21-2007, 07:47 AM
I haven't seen it...but if anyone ever makes me watch that new movie with Jessica Biel and Nicholas Cage I think I'll kill myself. I don't even remember the name of it, but it looks like a total suckfest.

Along similar lines...pretty much any movie with one of the 7th Heaven kids in it will suck.

Jen
05-21-2007, 07:49 AM
Oh, also...I've thought of a movie that I saw that was supposed to be good, and I didn't like...

...The Grudge. Seriously...this was supposed to be scary? :huh:

Rjeso
05-21-2007, 07:53 AM
Right on, Jen. I actually walked out of that one. Okay, so maybe it was more due to the fact that the audience was noisy as hell and wouldn't shut up, but the movie was not even close to being good enough to make me want to ride it out and see if they'd quiet down.

I went into the lobby and played racing video games with the other two who walked out with me. I think we had a better time than those who stayed in the theater, heh.

Jen
05-21-2007, 08:36 AM
I watched it with some friends of mine, who got it from NetFlix. They had seen it before, and they both liked it & thought it was scary. But I was mostly just bored.

Matt
05-21-2007, 08:38 AM
I'll weep with you on the O Brother :cry:

However I totally agree on the Phantom Menace--throw the other two after it for good measure. <_<

Jean
05-21-2007, 08:40 AM
O Brother is a movie my wife adores, and I like. It's ok, and I love the music, at least.
I love both the music and the movie itself, I think it's hilarious. Not in Very Good Taste, true, but I personally don't care.

Jen
05-21-2007, 08:41 AM
I don't mind O Brother...but I don't really like it that much, either. How on earth is that supposed to be based on The Odyssey? lol That's just rediculous.

Jean
05-21-2007, 08:44 AM
but it was supposed to be ridiculous, wasn't it?

Wuducynn
05-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Solaris. I never thought a movie could reach the depths of boring that this movie could reach.

John Blaze
05-21-2007, 01:47 PM
I haven't seen it...but if anyone ever makes me watch that new movie with Jessica Biel and Nicholas Cage I think I'll kill myself. I don't even remember the name of it, but it looks like a total suckfest.

Along similar lines...pretty much any movie with one of the 7th Heaven kids in it will suck.

I really really liked Next, but it might be that I'm biased as a Nick Cage fan.

I agree with the Solaris statement, and want to toss in Syriana. I watched it for about 30 minutes before I shut it down.

Anyone remember the movie The Core? 3rd shittiest movie ever.

Erin
05-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Oh man. The Core. That was bad. :puke:

Telynn
05-21-2007, 03:45 PM
As I said, I know I'm in a minority about O Brother. I guess I just don't get it.

And isn't Jessica Biel going to be in the new Adam Sandler movie. I saw the previews for that and couldn't quite pin down if it will be good or not. It COULD, but looks like a lot of room for messing up.

Jen
05-21-2007, 07:53 PM
Okay...tonight I wasted $5 on The Hills Have Eyes II. I liked the first one...it was sufficiently disturbing/gory/scary for my taste. But this one...man. We just laughed.

ZoNeSeeK
05-21-2007, 10:15 PM
For The Ring, and the Grudge, just stick with the original japanese versions. The american version of the Ring was ok but the japanese one is much more terrifying.

Brice
05-21-2007, 10:40 PM
I actually didn't think much of The Ring or The Grudge. I haven't seen the japanese versions though.

Jean
05-21-2007, 11:09 PM
Solaris. I never thought a movie could reach the depths of boring that this movie could reach.

do you mean the original, by Tarkovsky, or the remake?

MonteGss
05-22-2007, 06:31 AM
Requiem for a Dream

Rjeso
05-22-2007, 06:50 AM
Seriously, Monte? Aww.

MonteGss
05-22-2007, 08:14 AM
It was absolutely horrible. Not to mention horribly disturbing.
Say sorry...:(
I know there are a lot of people out there that like it. (they're nuts! :) )

Baradin
05-22-2007, 08:30 AM
MulHolland Drive.

End Of Thread.
David Lynch should be hung by his fibbley bits for putting this utter tripe out on screen for us all to be tortured by. And before you get all "But you just didn't get it" oh yes I do. I won't say it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but if necessary I will pm you about this crap. Bad acting, horrible plot, not even a 1/2 lesbian love scene could bring this movie back to even mediocre.

Worst
Movie
EVAR!!!!

I still haven't seen this, but I think I need to just so I can revel in the utter incompetency. :lol:

Hahahahah, Dude, Seriously, take this advice then. Fast Forward until you see Niaomi Watts gets nekkid, watch until the end of the lesbian love scene, hit stop, rewind and take the movie back because that's all you wanna see and I know it :D :D :D :lol: Otherwise this movie is a Giant :nope:

She-Oy
05-22-2007, 11:19 AM
The Cable Guy and Drop Dead Fred...the first one creeped me out so much I have felt a little differently toward Jim Carrey ever since, and the second, well I shouldn't have to explain.

Rjeso
05-22-2007, 11:39 AM
It was absolutely horrible. Not to mention horribly disturbing.
Say sorry...:(
I know there are a lot of people out there that like it. (they're nuts! :) )

I'll give you the "horribly disturbing" part, but that's what I liked about it. The depths that those three would go to to get their next hit was, I think, well-portrayed. I mean, I know a movie had a big impact on me when I still think about it years after I saw it.

Fall of Gilead
05-22-2007, 02:09 PM
Every single year there always has to be at least one of two types of movies. First is the inane "dancing" movie. If I have to see one more trailer of a bunch of dancing kids entering a tournament again my head's gonna explode. Second is the equally retarded racing movie. There are so many of these movies out that I think my already low I.Q. is plunging ever further. When I see either of these types of trailers I plaster "Return to Sender" on them.

Matt
05-22-2007, 02:16 PM

My thoughts exactly...that damn "stomp the yard" movie just hit video. <_<

**announcer voice**

This summer, what a tough kid turn soft and try to believe dancing can change your life.

<_<

fernandito
05-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Every single year there always has to be at least one of two types of movies. First is the inane "dancing" movie. If I have to see one more trailer of a bunch of dancing kids entering a tournament again my head's gonna explode. Second is the equally retarded racing movie. There are so many of these movies out that I think my already low I.Q. is plunging ever further. When I see either of these types of trailers I plaster "Return to Sender" on them.

(Applause)

Very well put, A+

Jen
05-22-2007, 02:25 PM
I agree with Fall of Gilead.

Another stupid movie: harold & kumar go to white castle. We also watched this on the same night that we watched Little Black Book.

I could feel myself getting dumber by the second, with both of these movies.

ZoNeSeeK
05-22-2007, 07:47 PM
I agree with Rjeso on Requiem - was disturbing but this is one of the good things about it. Connelly and Leto are both good actors in their own right.

I mean, "Worst movie ever tribute" makes me think of poor acting, poor script, poor direction, cringeworthy stuff. Straight to dvd, d-grade crapness in other words.

I might make a general movie discussion thread if it isnt already there for more critical discussion about what films you love and which ones you didn't really get into (but aren't necessarily the "worst movie ever") :P

towerguard
05-23-2007, 04:52 AM
Requiem for a Dream

No movie with a double-dildo anal lesbian scene can be bad. :thumbsup:

Oh wait, yes it can. It might have just been too much.

She-Oy
05-23-2007, 06:41 AM
Another stupid movie: harold & kumar go to white castle.

Oh Jen! Say it isn't so! While, granted, H&K wasn't exactly brain food, it was hilarious. At least to me. But then again, that's exactly what I act like if and when I smoke the ganja...which is why that is a rare occassion and a funny sight to see! :cool:

John Blaze
05-23-2007, 09:08 AM
Requiem for a Dream

As Zone said, Requiem For A Dream is disturbing, but that's what makes it worthy.

I made my little brother and sister watch it (I skipped the lesbian scene).

I figured it would scare the shit out of them w. drugs.

So far, so good.

ZoNeSeeK
05-23-2007, 05:01 PM
a friend of mine took his 5 and 7 year old cousins to see Event Horizon, not realising it could be a little traumatic for them. :)

LadyGan
05-23-2007, 06:28 PM
I agree with From Dusk Till Dawn and Lethal Weapon 4.

As for me, I enjoyed O Brother.

I'm going to add Once Upon a Time In Mexico, and Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows, to the list.

fernandito
05-23-2007, 09:14 PM
a friend of mine took his 5 and 7 year old cousins to see Event Horizon, not realising it could be a little traumatic for them. :)

I LOVE Event Horizon.

"Momma bear....open the door!!"

John Blaze
05-23-2007, 09:32 PM
never seen it. is it good?>

fernandito
05-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Actually, EH is one of those movies that you know isn't really that good, but you're just in love with it all the same.

It does have it's moments though...is an eyeless scientist roaming around a ship in outer space frightening enough? :)

MonteGss
05-24-2007, 03:13 AM
Requiem for a Dream

As Zone said, Requiem For A Dream is disturbing, but that's what makes it worthy.

I made my little brother and sister watch it (I skipped the lesbian scene).

I figured it would scare the shit out of them w. drugs.

So far, so good.

I can see how it would work as a deterrent! Good thinking JB!
I still say it's bad though. :(

Frunobulax
05-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Baby Geniuses 2: Superbabies
Corky Romano
two awful films that were brought to me by Comedy Central and free previews of movie channels....damn insomnia.

fernandito
05-25-2007, 07:18 AM
I kinda liked Corky Romano, it wasn't the funniest of movies but it did have it's moments.

"YOU DO? YOU DON'T? YOU DO? YOU DON'T? I SHOULD BUY A BOAT!!"

Frunobulax
05-25-2007, 07:35 AM
The first time I saw it I was dragged into a theatre by friends because it was a boring summer day. I was already tired and forgot most of it. When I saw it again later, it just seemed unbelievably dumb.

Oh, I forgot about It's Pat.

kithereal
05-25-2007, 08:42 AM

Gale: All right ya' hayseeds, it's a stick-up. Everybody freeze. Everybody down on the ground.
Old Man in bank: Well, which is it young feller? You want I should freeze or get down on the ground? Mean to say, if'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop. And if'n I drop, I'ma gonna be in motion. You see...

I loved this movie

My vote for the worst ever

STIGMATA

I really like Patricia Arquette too..she is am awesome actor but....it really ROTTED....I almost left the theatre...

KIT

Old Man Splitfoot
05-26-2007, 02:45 PM
The Pest.

Oh God, why did you have to remind me that movie even exists? So damn terrible. I honestly can't currently think of a worse movie.

Rjeso
05-26-2007, 02:49 PM
:lol: Sorry, dude!

fernandito
05-26-2007, 04:35 PM
ONE STINKY DINKY A-HA-HA!
TWO STINKY DINKY A-HA-HAAAAAAA!!

Voodoo Mombo
Chili Congo...

:D

MonteGss
05-27-2007, 07:10 AM
All of The Crow sequels are shit.

Fall of Gilead
05-27-2007, 09:59 AM
I did find Iggy Pop enjoyable in the second one. *thinks up a new post in movie quote thread*

sarajean
05-27-2007, 12:58 PM
i hated hated hated lost in translation.

hostel was horrible. i couldn't believe i paid to see it.

OchrisO
05-27-2007, 01:07 PM

I am a big Bill Murray fan, especially when it comes to his indie stuff. However, people always talk about how amazing Lost in Translation is, but I have never been able to get through the movie. :\

sarajean
05-27-2007, 01:19 PM

I am a big Bill Murray fan, especially when it comes to his indie stuff. However, people always talk about how amazing Lost in Translation is, but I have never been able to get through the movie. :\

everyone raved about it. my cousin said the girl in it reminded her of me. i *made* my husband rent it for me. and then i sat there with him making snide comments and wondering aloud how anyone could allow sofia coppola to make a fucking movie that sucked so bad.

(i <3 bill murray, too, btw.)

fernandito
05-27-2007, 03:50 PM

I took my girlfriend to see that movie. I honestly don't know how many times I apologized for it.

Frunobulax
05-27-2007, 08:53 PM
My friend Stan and I were talking about this last night after dinner at the Apple Pan. We determined that in order to make the worst film you need to combine:
Manos, Baby Geniuses 2, Ecks vs Sever, and about 6 other films and film it in black and white to create this violencegasm with talking babies, Torgo, and bad special effects.

John Blaze
05-27-2007, 09:34 PM
oh p-lease. Corky Romano wasn't that bad.

you know what was?>

I was at the movie store looking for "Kicking It Old School" because I happen to like Jaime Kennedy and they didn't have it. But they did have one that sounds the same, right? So they told me to try that one. It's called "Totally Awesome. and it features....... Chris Kattan.

What THE FUCK was VH1 thinking? this is the shittiest movie made by them EVER.

it even knocked The Core off the #3 spot of shittiest movies of all time.

LadyGan
05-28-2007, 12:50 AM
However, people always talk about how amazing Lost in Translation is, but I have never been able to get through the movie. :\

I tried watching it once, but only got to the first 10 or 20 minutes before stopping it.

MonteGss
05-28-2007, 03:25 AM
I love this thread, it cracks me up everytime I catch up on it. :)

I thought of another:
The Next Karate Kid

(what was mr miyagi thinking? agreeing to do that one?)

Jean
05-28-2007, 03:46 AM
How many Karate Kids are there already? I watched only the first, and loved it.

Fall of Gilead
05-28-2007, 01:05 PM
I was at the movie store looking for "Kicking It Old School" because I happen to like Jaime Kennedy and they didn't have it. But they did have one that sounds the same, right? So they told me to try that one. It's called "Totally Awesome. and it features....... Chris Kattan.

What THE FUCK was VH1 thinking? this is the shittiest movie made by them EVER.

it even knocked The Core off the #3 spot of shittiest movies of all time.

*will avoid it like the plague*

MonteGss
05-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Jean, there are four Karate Kid movies. The first 3 are with Daniel-son and the last is with a girl. The first is by far the best, part 2 is cool but KK #3 and #4 suck. :)

Jean
05-28-2007, 08:47 PM
thank you Monte! Yes indeed it would seem they said whatever they wanted to in part 1 (as it so often happens).

A girl???? who's next?

Daghain
05-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Two hours of my life I will never get back: Waking Life.

Please, if you don't know what it is, don't Google it. And DON'T rent it. You'll regret it. Trust me.

You should know it's going to be bad when you are the ONLY TWO people in the theater and the movie has only been showing for about...three days. ARGH.

Jean
05-28-2007, 08:53 PM
don't Google it.
That sounds so ominous that I'm sure everybody will!

VolsToTheWall
05-28-2007, 09:26 PM
Jean, there are four Karate Kid movies. The first 3 are with Daniel-son and the last is with a girl. The first is by far the best, part 2 is cool but KK #3 and #4 suck. :)
I'll just stick with the first one. ;)

VolsToTheWall
05-28-2007, 09:30 PM

Please, if you don't know what it is, don't Google it. And DON'T rent it. You'll regret it. Trust me.

You should know it's going to be bad when you are the ONLY TWO people in the theater and the movie has only been showing for about...three days. ARGH.
I seem to recall someone recommending that movie to me. I've never seen it but I did look it up before. I guess I'll have to be more careful with the recommendations of said person. ;)

Erin
05-28-2007, 10:33 PM

But...but...what does he whisper into her ear??!!!??? :P

johnny
05-29-2007, 06:26 AM

I seem to recall someone recommending that movie to me. I've never seen it but I did look it up before. I guess I'll have to be more careful with the recommendations of said person. ;)

you should probably make up your own opinion. Waking Life certainly isn't standard fair as far as movies go, but IMO its a good film. its better than the guys more recent work, A Scanner Darkly and Fast Food Nation.

sarajean
05-29-2007, 08:45 AM
it's daniel-san. not daniel-son.

:rolleyes:

MonteGss
05-29-2007, 08:49 AM
it's daniel-san. not daniel-son.

:rolleyes:

:P

towerguard
05-29-2007, 05:39 PM
I might as well get a jump on this.

Live action Bratz movie?

(Maybe it will be as good as the Spice Girls movie..mmm 90's Posh...)

ZoNeSeeK
05-29-2007, 06:45 PM
I thought Lost In Translationwas brilliant and loved it and have seen it several times - i'm disappointed that you guys (fp, sj and chris) didn't get anything out of it because I haven't seen anything else like it that deals with social disconnection and loneliness in quite the same way.

But hey, I'm probably the weird one because I absolutely love movies where you get right inside these character's heads, whether their great people or fuckups or whatever and where film can handle the really subtle parts of human character, interaction and emotion to me is what makes great movies. They challenge how you think and what your preconceptions are. We Don't Live Here Anymore, Closer, Notes on a Scandal, Half Nelson etc. Anything thats gritty and real and deals with people. I love all the fantasy escapist stuff aswell but movies that make me think in my opinion are giving something back.

Telynn
05-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Yes Zone. You are the weird one.

Bahahahahaah

:P

ZoNeSeeK
05-29-2007, 07:06 PM
I know :(

John Blaze
05-30-2007, 11:23 PM

he said, "i'm into pearl necklaces, if you get my drift :nudge nudge wink wink::"

OchrisO
05-30-2007, 11:26 PM

he said, "i'm into pearl necklaces, if you get my drift :nudge nudge wink wink::"

Say no MORE!

John Blaze
05-30-2007, 11:37 PM
:rofl:

Frunobulax
05-31-2007, 09:29 AM
The Island was pretty awful. It didn't help that they resorted to plagiarism of a shitty film--Parts: The Clonus Horror.

fernandito
05-31-2007, 10:04 AM
I thought Lost In Translationwas brilliant and loved it and have seen it several times - i'm disappointed that you guys (fp, sj and chris)

Um, I haven't mentioned this movie on this, or any other thread. You okay Josh? :)

Frunobulax
05-31-2007, 02:43 PM
I, too, loved Lost In Translation....

sarajean
05-31-2007, 04:04 PM
guh.

i don't get what there was to love. (other than bill murray, but even he wasn't enough to hold that movie's head above water.)

Frunobulax
05-31-2007, 04:37 PM
The story was nice and even the ending was fitting. It had a good quirky je ne sais pas to it all.

VolsToTheWall
05-31-2007, 10:41 PM
I liked Lost In Translation as well.

MonteGss
06-01-2007, 03:50 AM
I'm totally going to get into a fight for this one:

A Clockwork Orange

(No, I haven't read the book....maybe I should)

Wuducynn
06-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Actually, EH is one of those movies that you know isn't really that good, but you're just in love with it all the same.

It does have it's moments though...is an eyeless scientist roaming around a ship in outer space frightening enough? :)

I thought there was some of the scarier scenes in any movie in it...fantastic stuff. I thought it was a pretty good movie.

fernandito
06-01-2007, 11:19 AM

I thought there was some of the scarier scenes in any movie in it...fantastic stuff. I thought it was a pretty good movie.

"Momma bear, open the door!"

She-Oy
06-01-2007, 11:39 AM
I have ONE word...........GUMMO!

Darkthoughts
06-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Titanic...as if the film wasn't bad enough it spawned that bloody awful Celine Dion song too!

My husband was watching Lost in Translation couple of weeks ago, I only caught the bit where they were doing karaoke in someones apartment...really didn't entice me to watch the whole film.

Matt
06-05-2007, 08:46 AM
Big fat yuck on Lost in Translation.

Titanic was our first date movie so it always holds a special place because of that. :D

fernandito
06-05-2007, 08:49 AM
Big fat yuck on Lost in Translation.

Titanic was our first date movie so it always holds a special place because of that. :D

Lucky punk, mine was Hostel. :angry:

sarajean
06-05-2007, 08:51 AM
:lol: the first movie my husband and i saw in the theatre together was blade 2.

ZoNeSeeK
06-05-2007, 07:39 PM
FP: Its ok, I got confused on the last page when SJ was talking about Hostel right after Lost in Translation :)

SJ: I can see why it could be a "bleh" movie, depending on your mood etc. Im a big Johannsen fan so :)

The first movie diem and I saw was Enigma, fuck it was boring. And she spilt wine all over my jeans :)

sarajean
06-06-2007, 08:57 AM
SJ: I can see why it could be a "bleh" movie, depending on your mood etc. Im a big Johannsen fan so :)

i guess it just wasn't my kind of thing. i'm more into movies where...you know...stuff actually happens. :P

and, like i said, i mainly saw it cos my cousin said that scarlet reminded her of me.

Frunobulax
06-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Where stuff happens...so are slow moving films then just not your thing?

sarajean
06-06-2007, 01:32 PM
it really depends on the film. but for the most part...no.

John Blaze
12-28-2007, 12:58 AM
Since no one has posted anything lately, i wanna bring up everythin Mr. Bean.

WHAT THE FUCK? my wife actually likes these movies, and I have to sit there and snore thru these mothers. It's like, howdid anyone ever say "this is funny let's put it in ront of a camera?"

MonteGss
12-28-2007, 05:13 AM
Bean sucks ass. So does Ernest and all his movies.

Ruthful
12-28-2007, 08:32 AM
Swept Away.

You need to watch the original (real) version of that film.

To The Dark Tower Came
12-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Now are we talking more modern movies? Or ANY movie ever made? Because any fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000 would heap a massively long list of movies on you that would make your eyes and ear bleed.

Ruthful
12-28-2007, 10:13 AM

I agree with you on Rowan Atkinson-I'll never be able to comprehend British humor-but Jim Varney rewlz!

To The Dark Tower Came
12-28-2007, 10:23 AM
I agree with you on Rowan Atkinson-I'll never be able to comprehend British humor-but Jim Varney rewlz!

I'm not a fan of Mr. Bean's stylings either, though I do like Rowan Atkinson's stage shows. He does a lot of hilarious religious humor and observational stuff, like annoyances on subways, waiting rooms, etc.

Heather19
12-28-2007, 03:58 PM
I'm going to have to go with Cellular as one of my picks. That movie was absolutely terrible. I can't believe I even wasted $4 to rent that thing.
Also I was reading back a few pages, and some people had mentioned event horizon. I remember watching that movie when it first came out and all I could remember about it was that I enjoyed it and thought it was kinda creepy. But I just went back and rewatched it a couple of weeks ago, and it was nothing near as good as I had remembered it being. I was quite disappointed.

Matt
12-28-2007, 04:09 PM
I agree on Cellular--and I have hated that caterpillar eyebrowed fucker ever since. <_<

John Blaze
12-28-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm going to have to go with Cellular as one of my picks. That movie was absolutely terrible. I can't believe I even wasted $4 to rent that thing.
Also I was reading back a few pages, and some people had mentioned event horizon. I remember watching that movie when it first came out and all I could remember about it was that I enjoyed it and thought it was kinda creepy. But I just went back and rewatched it a couple of weeks ago, and it was nothing near as good as I had remembered it being. I was quite disappointed.

were you drunk or just stoned? :D

Darkthoughts
12-29-2007, 06:48 AM

Please don't judge our humour on the basis of Mr Bean!!! :D

I would put Borat, Jackass and the like on my list - I loathe that sort of humour.

TerribleT
12-29-2007, 08:03 AM

I would put Borat, Jackass and the like on my list - I loathe that sort of humour.

I only watched about half of Jackass, and couldn't be bothered to even buy a ticket for Borat. I LOVE Coupling!!!! It's one of the funniest shows I've EVER seen.

Darkthoughts
12-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Wow, do you get alot of UK shows over there?

TerribleT
12-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Wow, do you get alot of UK shows over there?

I get BBC America as part of my cable lineup. I have to say I don't watch a whole lot of shows on there, but from time to time something catches my eye, and I'll watch it. I love watching the House of Commons, I find the workings fascinating. In some ways more genteel than our own congress, and in others more rowdy and boisterous. I bought all of the Coupling DVD's up until the season where they cancelled Jeff, or did they just get a different guy to play him? I will have to go back and watch them again, because I don't remember. I love watching futbol (sp?) matches, I think the whole singing thing is way kewl. I don't know a lot about it, but some of it sounds kinda funny, and some kinda brutal. Isn't there a song about airplane crash which killed a number of players? Soccer isn't shown on BBCA as far as I know, but we have a soccer channel that shows it. I miss seeing Blair in The House of Commons. I REALLY loved watching him speak there.

Should we move this to a different thread?

RUBE
12-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Redline (or at least I think that was the title)

It was the second half of a drive-in double-feature my wife and I watched. We could not force ourselves to watch anymore after sitting through about an hour of the worst acting I have ever seen. It was like the acting in porno without the all of the nudity to distract you from how bad it was. It is sad when Eddie Griffin is the best actor in the movie. (Interesting Fact: This is the movie that Eddie Griffin wrecked the extremely expensive car filming.)

Frunobulax
01-01-2008, 01:26 PM
The Bean movies ruined the TV show, which I find funny in this odd way. I have to say that with just seeing the trailer, Fred Claus and Charlie Bartlett both look dismal as fuck.

John Blaze
01-04-2008, 09:53 AM
i can't believe they made a fucken live action bratz movie.

I wonder why little girls are growing up skanks. yesterday at walmart i saw two little girls couldn't be older than 11 or 12 wearing miniskirts that when they ran you could see their panties. WTF? Are they asking to be raped, or just decided to go around wal-mart and look for pedophiles? Why the fuck would you let your kids leave the house like that?

I hope i do a better job than that raising my daughter, and I definitely won't let her play with bratz.

Mattrick
01-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Untraceable will be bad.

Looked decent until they gave away the whole movie in the trailer.

Jon
01-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Solaris (2002, not the book or the origional film)... good for insomnia!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0307479/

Jean
01-11-2008, 01:17 AM
the original, although not the worst of those by Tarkovsky, wasn't too exciting, either

Ruthful
01-11-2008, 05:30 AM

I wonder why little girls are growing up skanks. yesterday at walmart i saw two little girls couldn't be older than 11 or 12 wearing miniskirts that when they ran you could see their panties. WTF? Are they asking to be raped, or just decided to go around wal-mart and look for pedophiles? Why the fuck would you let your kids leave the house like that?

I hope i do a better job than that raising my daughter, and I definitely won't let her play with bratz.

Yeah, those things are pretty noxious.

Didn't that wackadoo Paula Abdul supposedly produce that movie?

Mattrick
01-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Meet The Spartants is gonna get SERVED

Ruthful
01-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Meet The Spartants is gonna get SERVED

I don't remember the last entertaining feature-length cinema parody, probably the last sequel to Naked Gun.

Still Servant
01-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Untraceable will be bad.

Looked decent until they gave away the whole movie in the trailer.

I hate when that happens. Nothing ruins a film more than when a trailer gives away the whole plot.

The movie that jumps to mind for committing this sin is What Lies Beneath. After watching that trailer, there was no need to see the movie. Everybody knew who the killer was.

I love trailers but there is such a thing as too much info. That being said there can be good trailers for bad movies (sometimes bad movies do have the best trailers) and great movies have bad trailers.

I've seen tons of trailers for films and at first I'm like "fuck that" then I see the movie and love it. Go figure.

Woofer
01-11-2008, 11:02 PM

Agreed. It boggles the mind.

yesterday at walmart i saw two little girls couldn't be older than 11 or 12 wearing miniskirts that when they ran you could see their panties. {snip} Why the fuck would you let your kids leave the house like that?

Again, agreed. That is way too young. By 16, however, they'll be sneaking the outfits out of the house in oversized purses and changing at Good Burger. They might even have sex before marriage - maybe even with different partners. And just like the guys who try to be Billy Badass and sleep around, a lot of these girls will end up just fine.

WTF? Are they asking to be raped, or just decided to go around wal-mart and look for pedophiles?

{soapbox} Grrrr. Can we please get past "she was asking for it" (where "it" of course is rape and not consensual relations) just because of a clothing choice (or just get past it completely)? Rape is no joke, and yet it is the only crime where the victim is consistently blamed. Would you say that someone was "just asking to be burglarized" simply because they dared to have a nice house? Or maybe display nice things? Books, movies, and videogames don't turn kids into killers, and females wearing sexy/provocative clothing are not asking to be raped. Rape is a crime of power, not sex, and to suggest that the victim in any way "asked for it" is utterly insulting. {/soapbox}

Phew! Say sorry about my outburst. Matt, if I have broken site rules, I cry your pardon.

Regarding the OP, there are so many truly bad movies out there, that it is difficult to pick just one steamy pile. I Nth The Core: bad acting, bad effects, bad science, bad idea. I'd also like to toss out a title I've not yet seen mentioned: The Boogeyman. I was sick and it was free, but I still want my money back (and those two hours of my life). That the idea behind it was farily intriguing only made it all the more horrible.

obscurejude
01-11-2008, 11:40 PM
My roomate walked into the living room right at the part where he busts in, "Where are my elephants!" It has since become an inside joke. Horrible flick.

Ruthful
01-11-2008, 11:50 PM
My crap list is pretty eclectic.

Teen Wolf II
Crash
Saw III
Romeo & Juilet-Leo DiCaprio version
Ninety percent of the TV-movies created as Stephen King adaptations

That film where we get a nice, long shot of Harvey Keitel's junk-no, I'm not referring to The Piano.

Claire's Knee
I <3 The Huckabees
I am Cuba
Patch Adams

There's probably loads of other dreck I'm overlooking, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment so you'll have to be content with those for now.

Jon
01-12-2008, 01:41 AM
"Bring it On: In it to Win" is really bad... and I say that about a movie with cute girls in miniskirts!!

TerribleT
01-12-2008, 05:36 AM

I am Cuba

Is that the one with Andy Garcia in it, that is set right before the Castro revolution?

Still Servant
01-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Crash

Crash?:scared:

I thought crash was pretty good.

jayson
01-12-2008, 09:14 AM

Believe me Lisa, my country has made MUCH worse movies to be judged on than Mr. Bean [though that is one stupid movie]. I don't judge British comedy by that though. Not when I grew up watching Flying Circus on PBS and began a life-long love affair with Python [as well as a LOT of other British comedy].

As for Borat... gotta disagree with guys there. I think Sacha Baron Cohen is a friggin' genius, as is director Larry Charles [who's also done plenty of Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm]. I loved Borat throughout the Ali G show and thought the movie was hysterical. It's not so much the Borat character [though Cohen's ability to ad-lib and stay in character is amazing], as it is the kind of sublime honesty he is able to cull from the people with whom Borat interacts. I'm one of those people that find it hilarious when people expose their ignorance/idiocy as they often do to Borat.

fernandito
01-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Crash

Crash?:scared:

I thought crash was pretty good.

Same here. Matt Dillon's segment(s) were my favorite.

Ruthful
01-12-2008, 11:17 AM

I am Cuba

Is that the one with Andy Garcia in it, that is set right before the Castro revolution?

No!

I loved The Lost City. This was a completely different film.

I am Cuba was this awful Cuban-Soviet joint production, which was a soporific black and white film where the director spends an hour or so using sixty different camera angles to shoot the same scene of a Havana dance club.

It's positively Warholesque in its inability to retain the attention of anyone who isn't hallucinogenic drugs.

Mattrick
01-12-2008, 01:08 PM

Crash

The aforementioned one or the Cronenberg one?

Ruthful
01-12-2008, 05:51 PM
No, I'm not talking about the one with the necrophilia theme-not the one directed by David Cronenberg.

The one that won the Oscar-in spite of the fact that Brokeback Moutain was a far superior film that year.

Right now I'm watching Captain Corelli's Mandolin. It's not half as awful as I had been led to believe.

Mattrick
01-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Brokeback Mountain boldly went where Elton John went last week.

LadyHitchhiker
01-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Full Frontal was pretty crappy... even though David Duchovny was naked in it. :(

Ruthful
01-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Brokeback Mountain boldly went where Elton John went last week.

><

Has anyone else watched The Aristocrats?

I don't know if that qualifies-since it's technically a documentary-but that has to be one of the single worst movies I've seen in the past decade.

Granted, the premise behind the film was utterly retarded, but you don't know how bad it gets until you actually sit down and watch that dreck for yourself.

I was able to make it through ten minutes.

Penn Gillette should be exiled for that crime against cinema.

Worse than his radio show even!

jayson
01-13-2008, 05:32 AM
Has anyone else watched The Aristocrats?

I don't know if that qualifies-since it's technically a documentary-but that has to be one of the single worst movies I've seen in the past decade.

Granted, the premise behind the film was utterly retarded, but you don't know how bad it gets until you actually sit down and watch that dreck for yourself.

I was able to make it through ten minutes.

Penn Gillette should be exiled for that crime against cinema.

Worse than his radio show even!

I have seen it but I couldn't disagree more. I thought it was hilarious. I'm not sure I understand categorizing the premise as retarded. It is a documentary about a historical "joke" that is familiar to all comedians across several generations. The documentary discusses the various iterations of this joke. Now granted, the joke "template" calls for humor that is beyond low brow, but there's nothing wrong with that. Humor is humor and "too dark" should never be a consideration [or "too soon"]. For my part, I'd sooner watch a film like this where actual comedy writers discuss their improv processes in an albeit crude manner than watch just about any of the low brow comedic feature films which saturate our cinemas. The Aristocrats is not for everyone, few documentaries are, but if you enjoy crude humor and want to an insight into one of the most famous pieces of crude humor in the field of comedy-writing, it's worth a watch.

Darkthoughts
01-13-2008, 12:17 PM
As for Borat... gotta disagree with guys there. I think Sacha Baron Cohen is a friggin' genius, as is director Larry Charles [who's also done plenty of Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm]. I loved Borat throughout the Ali G show and thought the movie was hysterical. It's not so much the Borat character [though Cohen's ability to ad-lib and stay in character is amazing], as it is the kind of sublime honesty he is able to cull from the people with whom Borat interacts. I'm one of those people that find it hilarious when people expose their ignorance/idiocy as they often do to Borat.

I couldn't stand Ali G, or any of his characters. I appreciated his aim, the reasons why he wanted to expose the people he targeted. But the way in which he did it was just so stupid, crass and oddly pretentious that it just makes me cringe to watch it.

jayson
01-13-2008, 12:26 PM
But the way in which he did it was just so stupid, crass and oddly pretentious that it just makes me cringe to watch it.

That's exactly what I like about it. Then again my motto with comedy is that "too dark" and "too soon" don't exist. I can be quite low brow.

Dud-a-chum?
01-13-2008, 02:06 PM
Ultraviolet was pretty shitty. I can't believe they actually released this movie in theaters. The effects quality was more along the lines of kids home video release. I don;t care if Milla Jovovoich was in this film, even her beauty didn't outshine this movie's horribleness.

Um, let's see . . . 2001: A Space Odyssey is really not a good film. It is still hailed as great by these guy who watched it when it first came out, but it just can't hold up against much better films out today, I'm sorry, but that's how I feel about it. Now, had Pink Floyd actually taken Kubrick up on his offer and recorded music for the film, and if the furniture and clothing didn't look so much like something out The Jetsons, then maybe I would feel differently about it, but The Blue Danube just doesn't scream "space" to me, I'm sorry. Not to mention the wooden dialogue and enormousely slow pacing. Anyway, yeah, dislike that movie quite a bit.

Hmm... Oh God! "Silent Hill"! It's a shame when the only believable actor in the movie is the little girl. The games are amazing, so of course the movie had to suck. I nearly fell asleep on many occasions while sitting in the theater.

Okay, that's all I can think of at the moment, although there are obviousely many, many more.

jayson
01-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Now, had Pink Floyd actually taken Kubrick up on his offer and recorded music for the film, and if the furniture and clothing didn't look so much like something out The Jetsons, then maybe I would feel differently about it, but The Blue Danube just doesn't scream "space" to me, I'm sorry.

The album version of "Echoes" goes quite nicely with the "Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite" sequence of the film.

Dud-a-chum?
01-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Now, had Pink Floyd actually taken Kubrick up on his offer and recorded music for the film, and if the furniture and clothing didn't look so much like something out The Jetsons, then maybe I would feel differently about it, but The Blue Danube just doesn't scream "space" to me, I'm sorry.

The album version of "Echoes" goes quite nicely with the "Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite" sequence of the film.

"Echoes" is an epic, EPIC track! Not sure I would still feel that way if I synched it up with any portion of "2001". Just like I can't stop thinking of Wizard of Oz whenever I listen to DSotM now. urrgh!!!

jayson
01-13-2008, 02:51 PM
in college i wrote a paper on the synchronization [as far as content] and now have a very difficult time unlinking the two entities. with echoes though it's a more subtle sync so it doesn't get as fused. besides, for me, the images of echoes will almost always be from the live at pompeii film [which i had on vhs for years before it finally came out on dvd].

Dud-a-chum?
01-13-2008, 03:01 PM
in college i wrote a paper on the synchronization [as far as content] and now have a very difficult time unlinking the two entities. with echoes though it's a more subtle sync so it doesn't get as fused. besides, for me, the images of echoes will almost always be from the live at pompeii film [which i had on vhs for years before it finally came out on dvd].

"Are you happy about the film?"
"What do you mean, happy?"
"You . . . you feelin' hm . . . it's goin' in . . . in a direction which is . . . which is interesting or not?"
"What do you mean, interesting?"

jayson
01-13-2008, 03:02 PM
"What's the film about?" - Adrian Maben

"Why are you asking me, you're making it." - Roger Waters

Dud-a-chum?
01-13-2008, 03:04 PM
The coolest part about that film to me is that you get to see them developing concepts for DSotM in the cantine and when they first start messing with the synths for "On The Run", and so forth. Pretty cool stuff, in my opinion.

jayson
01-13-2008, 03:10 PM
The coolest part about that film to me is that you get to see them developing concepts for DSotM in the cantine and when they first start messing with the synths for "On The Run", and so forth. Pretty cool stuff, in my opinion.

Agreed. I particularly like the part where Roger is trying to get down one of Gilmour's solos which provides one of the most oft-quoted lines

Roger - "It was a bit too toppy?"

David - "Too toppy? If anything it wasn't toppy enough."

For me the only line I quote more often is when Roger tells Maben "When the great economic collapse comes, it'll be across the board."

ZoNeSeeK
01-13-2008, 10:36 PM
any movie where eddie murphy wears some lind of fat suit or mask

Ruthful
01-13-2008, 10:43 PM
I agree about 2001.

I'm as big a Kubrick fan as the next cineaste, but that movie is unwatchable.

It's his biggest blunder next to "Eyes Wide Shut," IMO.

ATG
01-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Worst.
Movie.
Ever.

Erin
01-15-2008, 08:57 PM
Hot Rod was really really crappy. I didnt' find a single scene funny.

OchrisO
01-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Seriously? I thought it was hilarious, especially the "I got to church every goddamn sunday and you want to bring the demons out of me?!?!" part.

fernandito
01-16-2008, 05:53 AM
I loved Hot Rod!

Me and my brother went to watch it in theatres (stoned, obviously) and we were pretty much laughing throughout the whole thing.

"Cooooool beans" :rofl:

Still Servant
01-16-2008, 07:10 AM
Maybe it's because I had just seen Superbad, but I didn't really find Hot Rod that funny either. I found it hard to believe they would let that guy from SNL even make a movie.

He makes one digital short about a lazy Sunday and suddenly he's a comic genius it seems.

Anyway, it just could not come close to the laughs Superbad induced.

Matt
01-16-2008, 08:26 AM
Phew! Say sorry about my outburst. Matt, if I have broken site rules, I cry your pardon.Not at all, I actually agree. I do not think the previous poster meant that young girls should be blamed if they are raped. But I do hate the pre teen fashion trend and I never allowed my girls to dress that way. And...they don't now when its their choice.

Sexy is a far cry from slutty, that's what I wanted them to learn.

EDIT--Didn't realize there were so many pages inbetwee :lol:

So to stay relevant, I think Borat is horrible.

IWasSentWest
01-16-2008, 10:50 AM
superbad was funny, but not nearly as funny as 40 yr. old virgin or knocked up.

the good spepherd was an ok movie!

battlefield earth was "travolting"..... horrible movie

speed 2= horrible

caddyshack 2....well really just alot of sequels

TerribleT
01-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Knocked up is HIGH on my list of most horrible movies ever. I couldn't even finish the 40 Year Old Virgin.

jayson
01-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Agreed on both of those T. I hated both of those movies and found Superbad to be far far funnier than either.

TerribleT
01-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Agreed on both of those T. I hated both of those movies and found Superbad to be far far funnier than either.

I will have to put Superbad on "my list".

Erin
01-16-2008, 01:16 PM
You def. should. I really enjoyed Superbad. Michael Cera is awesome in the movie.

IWasSentWest
01-16-2008, 01:16 PM
ur kiddin me right? superbad was just a bunch of reused quotes from the first two movies i mentioned....it was funny, but not nearly as funny as 40 and knocked up...IMO

jayson
01-16-2008, 01:19 PM
You def. should. I really enjoyed Superbad. Michael Cera is awesome in the movie.

Michael Cera is pure comedic gold.

Erin
01-16-2008, 01:21 PM
He is! My favorite scene in the entire movie is when he is:

singing along to the Guess Who and starts fumbling over the lyrics

I almost cried I laughed so hard.

jayson
01-16-2008, 01:27 PM
It's one of those scenes where I realized I knew a lot more words to a song than I would have thought. I like that whole scene bc it features one of my other fav young comedic actors, Martin Starr, in a cameo appearance [he's the dude with the hat and the beard].

Still Servant
01-16-2008, 08:50 PM

I will have to put Superbad on "my list".

I would say don't even bother.

If you didn't like Knocked Up and The 40 Year Old Virgin, chances are you will not like Superbad.

This is what I love about movies, differing opinions. It's like I always say, nothing divides people like religion, politics and movies.

Mattrick
01-17-2008, 12:04 AM
What kind of sense of humour do we have when People don't think Superbad is funny. Compared to all the 'Good Luck Chucks' and 'License To Wed' and 'Employee of the Month' and 'I know Pronounce you Chuck an Larry' and 'Click' and all the parody movies and Ben Stiller/Own Wilson/Vince Vaugh/Luke Wilson in everything.

Superbad was the first comedy I'd seen in theatres since...40 Year Old Virgin, which is great. I thought it was a great movie that showed a lot of class, warmth with some great laughs.

fernandito
01-17-2008, 05:10 AM
I found it hard to believe they would let that guy from SNL even make a movie.

He makes one digital short about a lazy Sunday and suddenly he's a comic genius it seems.

Why shouldn't they let him? I thought he was fucking hilarious in Hot Rod, and he's actually funny compared to other actors that were plucked from other mediums and made into movie stars.

I'm looking at you, ADAM SANDLER.

Chasing Dragons
01-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Dude...ANYTHING by Cameron Crowe.
I was having more fun counting my change in Almost Famous and Vanilla Sky is a fucking snore fest. Singles blew. Jerry Maguire should have been a 30 second commercial. And the only thing that saved goddamn Say Anything was a played out Peter Gabriel song. And you know what, Fuck Elizabethtown. I'm not getting duped in to any more of Cameron Crowe's bullshit. I'd rather watch tele-tubbies.

IWasSentWest
01-17-2008, 12:23 PM
dont get me wrong...superbad was a good movie, but i had just heard all the jokes by ppl that had already seen the movie so it wasnt as good as it coulda been

Still Servant
01-17-2008, 12:39 PM
I found it hard to believe they would let that guy from SNL even make a movie.

Why shouldn't they let him? I thought he was fucking hilarious in Hot Rod, and he's actually funny compared to other actors that were plucked from other mediums and made into movie stars.

I'm looking at you, ADAM SANDLER.

I just think he should pay his dues a little more. I mean Sandberg went from (in my opinion) a bit player on SNL to staring in his own movie. Maybe he will grow on me.

Also, I think he is a Sandler knockoff. He's obviously trying to be the next Sandler on SNL playing the guitar and everything.

Also, Adam Sandler's early movies like Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore are really funny and the Wedding Singer is a legitimate movie.

Darkthoughts
01-17-2008, 01:35 PM
I liked Happy Gilmore (when I was stoned) but Billy Madison was tripe!

TerribleT
01-17-2008, 01:38 PM
What does "tripe" mean?

Darkthoughts
01-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Cow's stomach lining...and also, in this context, rubbish :D