PDA

View Full Version : Mist, The (2007)

Heather19
05-29-2014, 06:15 AM
The Mist IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0884328/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_75)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a1/The_Mist_poster.jpg

After a violent storm attacks a town in Maine, an approaching cloud of mist appears the next morning. As the mist quickly envelops the area, a group of people get trapped in a local grocery store - among them, artist David Drayton and his five-year-old son. The people soon discover that within the mist lives numerous species of horrific, unworldly creatures that entered through an inter-dimensional rift, which may or may not have been caused by a nearby military base. As the world around them manifests into a literal hell-on-earth, the horrified citizens try desperately to survive this apocalyptic disaster.

Director: Frank Darabont
Screenplay: Frank Darabont
Staring: Thomas Jane, Marcia Gay Harden, Laurie Holden Andre Braugher Toby Jones William Sadler Jeffrey DeMunn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhCKXJNGzN8

Merlin1958
05-29-2014, 06:55 PM
I really, really liked this film.

Jon
05-29-2014, 07:35 PM
The End was sooo sad. I squeezed my Cabbage Patch Kid and cried.

Jean
05-30-2014, 04:35 AM
The ending was ludicrous. It suddenly turned the whole big story of hope (stand and be true and all that) into a bad joke with an obtrusive punchline.

Dan
05-30-2014, 05:03 AM
The ending was ludicrous. It suddenly turned the whole big story of hope (stand and be true and all that) into a bad joke with an obtrusive punchline.

Yes, this. Loved the book ending.

Heather19
05-30-2014, 05:05 AM

Agreed. The ending kinda turned me off to the film.

Merlin1958
05-30-2014, 02:19 PM
The End was sooo sad. I squeezed my Cabbage Patch Kid and cried.

Agreed. The ending kinda turned me off to the film.

Huh, I kinda enjoyed the twist ending. I thought it made the film. Well, that and Marcia Gay' performance

Heather19
05-31-2014, 06:03 AM
If it had continued on for a few more days I think it would have affected me, but to literally have it happen within a min or so, it was just way too sudden and rushed that it took away all the impact that I thought it was trying to achieve. It seems to be a love it or hate it thing.

Brainslinger
08-03-2014, 04:31 AM
I saw this film recently.

Overall, I'd say I liked it very much. My views on the ending are mixed however.

Massive spoilers ahoy!....

The fact that those survivors in the car at the end took the decision they did seemed wrong to me. I know they'd been through a lot, and I guess their hope had run out wit the petrol. But these are the people who would fight when others were paralysed by fear. The people who didn't just give in to religious hyperbole and go with the flow. If I was them (and I'm not particularly brave but I'd accept the unknown of the mist to the finality of the bullet any day) I'd have gotten out of the car and proceeded on. Or at least stayed in the car and see what happened. If that woman in the back of the truck proved anything, you never know what will happen, although they of course weren't aware she had survived at that point.

I'll admit that after he did The Deed and waited for the monsters to do their thing.... and the tank rolled out of the mist , I roared with laughter though.