PDA

View Full Version : ALL of the DT books

ATG
01-15-2008, 09:35 PM
Forgive me if this has been asked a thousand times, but has anyone read ALL of the books relating to the Dark Tower again after finishing the series to see if the connections can be ascertained?

Is it worth rereading all of those novels just because they are connected to the Dark Tower.

And, is that not the greatest ploy in the history of mass market book selling; after 30 or so novels publish one omnibus that inspires you to go buy again books you may have read twenty years before?

Darkthoughts
01-16-2008, 01:40 AM
We have an entire section dedicated to the Tower Connections: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=749

Just click on a book title to read the connections page. I haven't done all of them yet, the "done" list is:
Bag of Bones
Black House
Blaze
Everything's Eventual
Eyes of the Dragon
Insomnia
IT
Rose Madder
Eventually I'll cross link all the non DT books into the individual DT book sections, including any further links that are solely in the DT books themselves.

There is a "Discussion" button at the bottom of each books page where you can post comments, discuss, query etc :thumbsup:

ATG
01-16-2008, 07:53 AM
Thanks mate, that is awesome.

Darkthoughts
01-16-2008, 08:13 AM
No worries and thankee :D

ZoNeSeeK
01-21-2008, 07:04 PM
ATG, ive just finished Salem's Lot as I hadnt read it when I read DT, and im reading Wolves of the Calla straight away to get everything in place in my head while its still fresh :)

ATG
01-21-2008, 09:12 PM
ATG, ive just finished Salem's Lot as I hadnt read it when I read DT, and im reading Wolves of the Calla straight away to get everything in place in my head while its still fresh :)

I know I eventually will reread the series.
I wonder if that would not be a good time to revisit all those books.

Daghain
01-21-2008, 09:45 PM
I was totally going to say "ask Darkthoughts!" but I see she's all over it, as usual. :lol:

I'm doing a re-read of all my SK books right now. It's been literally 20 years since I've read some of them, and I can't wait to get to some of the connection books now that I've read the DT series twice. It should make old books new again.

But then, I think you can read a book a million times, and still find a nuance you didn't see before. That's what makes it fun. :D