PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Haven FundraiserAuction #22-Stephen King signed-Maitz remarqued-Gift Desperation

Randall Flagg
04-02-2014, 12:34 PM
(http://www.thedarktower.org/)http://p.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/logos/logoEbay_x45.gif (http://www.ebay.com/)

AUCTION LINK (http://www.ebay.com/itm/201065946978?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649)

(http://www.thedarktower.org/)
TheDarkTower.org (http://www.thedarktower.org/)is proud to be the EXCLUSIVE site to auction this new, unique and fine Collectible item.
For your consideration is an ORIGINAL drawing by world renowned artist Don Maitz! (http://www.paravia.com/DonMaitz/website/index.html)
This full page piece is drawn in a Donald M. Grant gift edition of Stephen King’s“Desperation”.
Maitz also contacted Stephen King and had King sign the book! Yes, Stephen King signed the book!
Not only did King sign it, but the signature is not as cramped as most of King’s recent signatures.
That (IMO) makes this a very very rare book-perhaps the only one in existence.
Thanks to Joe315 from TheDarkTower.org for donating the book itself. Thanks to artist Don Maitz for the art, and for getting Stephen King to sign the book.
Special thanks to Merlin1958 for doing ALL of the behind the scenes legwork to make this a reality.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1396467886-Desperation%20PP.jpg

Lookwhoitis
04-02-2014, 12:36 PM
Booyahkashah!

mcdonaldj
04-02-2014, 12:42 PM
I don't like it.

Randall Flagg
04-02-2014, 12:44 PM
I don't like it.
Don't worry, someone else will (does).:emot-aslol:

Merlin1958
04-02-2014, 12:45 PM
I paid for all the shipping!! LOL LOL

What an awesome item. All I did was mention that it would be nice if King signed it, Don took it the rest of the way. He's a really big supporter of the Haven Fund!!

mcdonaldj
04-02-2014, 12:45 PM
I don't like it.

i LOVE it! :excited:

Randall Flagg
04-02-2014, 01:03 PM
I don't like it.

i LOVE it! :excited:
I kinda figured...

Roseannebarr
04-02-2014, 01:23 PM
wow my $560 bid did not last long at all!

Merlin1958
04-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Nor will most I am afraid. This is THE Item so far!!! Get in there, or be square!!!

mcdonaldj
04-02-2014, 01:30 PM
wow my $560 bid did not last long at all!

You're going to have to bring more cash than that :wink: Although truth be told, I'm running out of wiggle room to snipe this at the last second. Slow the roll people!!!

Merlin1958
04-02-2014, 01:33 PM
Ha Ha, High bidder!!! LOL

This will be an AWESOME addition to my collection!!!

mcdonaldj
04-02-2014, 01:40 PM

Wait a sec, aren't you a site employee and a fund organizer? Isn't there some rule against that. I'm sure I read it somewhere in the DT forum user's agreement :smile: RF never bids on the stuff I want, LOL.

I obviously need a new method of attack on this one.

evilash
04-02-2014, 01:41 PM
I am the high bidder!!!!!!

Merlin1958
04-02-2014, 01:45 PM

Wait a sec, aren't you a site employee and a fund organizer? Isn't there some rule against that. I'm sure I read it somewhere in the DT forum user's agreement. RF never bids on the stuff I want, LOL.

I'm a "free agent" LOL RF cannot bid, but I can and will. I arrange most of the donations, but some strike my fancy. So, I bid. Of course I rarely win, but I do try.

Randall Flagg
04-02-2014, 02:05 PM

Wait a sec, aren't you a site employee and a fund organizer? Isn't there some rule against that. I'm sure I read it somewhere in the DT forum user's agreement. RF never bids on the stuff I want, LOL.

I'm a "free agent" LOL RF cannot bid, but I can and will. I arrange most of the donations, but some strike my fancy. So, I bid. Of course I rarely win, but I do try.
As long as you really want it, and are not running up the auction price it is ok, but there is a fine line (fine line....Bill....yeah right) that you shouldn't cross.

Merlin1958
04-02-2014, 02:35 PM

As long as you really want it, and are not running up the auction price it is ok, but there is a fine line (fine line....Bill....yeah right) that you shouldn't cross.

Hey, I gave it a shot. I have a number as do most I would think.

Merlin1958
04-02-2014, 05:14 PM
Why exactly am I always in the cross hairs? I bid on what I like. pay when I win and have remorse when I lose. Good thing I am retiring after this year.

Patrick
04-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Bill, there is no shame in bidding a price you are willing to pay.

Great job on this auction item!

Shannon
04-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Very nice!

mcdonaldj
04-03-2014, 12:36 AM
Why exactly am I always in the cross hairs? I bid on what I like. pay when I win and have remorse when I lose. Good thing I am retiring after this year.

Geez, I was jk - bid away I say!!! Most King collectors will retire when they are dead :mummy:

Merlin1958
04-03-2014, 07:38 PM

Geez, I was jk - bid away I say!!! Most King collectors will retire when they are dead :mummy:

I'm stepping down as "The Haven Fund Whore". I'll still employ my contacts and good will, but do not wish to be the "Face of the Fundraiser" any longer. Best that falls to someone else, but they will have my full support, behind the scenes. For the record, I have bid and won on HF items, some I have kept and some I have re-gifted, but ALL were paid in full. I would never, ever cheapen this thing we do with underhanded tactics. I give what I give in the memory of my nephew, Mike who died much too early and my, Mom. I would never sulley their memory for a buck. No offense taken McDonaldj.

That being said, my number got blown away. Go for it folks!!! Let's make this the best HF of all!!!

evilash
04-04-2014, 03:18 AM
My $700 limit didn't last long either!!! Great item though!

EXPLORER
04-05-2014, 01:36 PM
This is a preliminary pencil sketch Don Maitz did before the actual art was drawn into the copy of the Illustrated Donald Grant Gift Edition of Desperation for this auction.
When Don shared the sketch with King who agreed to sign the book to benefit the Haven Fund Auction, King decided he wanted to keep this sketch.

http://paravia.com/DonMaitz/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Desperation-Spider-talk-284x300.jpg

Whoever wins this auction with this remarque will own a piece of art Sai King desired to own as well.

Randall Flagg
04-05-2014, 04:02 PM
This is a preliminary pencil sketch Don Maitz did before the actual art was drawn into the copy of the Illustrated Donald Grant Gift Edition of Desperation for this auction.
When Don shared the sketch with King who agreed to sign the book to benefit the Haven Fund Auction, King decided he wanted to keep this sketch.
Whoever wins this auction with this remarque will own a piece of art Sai King desired to own as well.
King actually wanted/kept the preliminary sketches for both of our Maitz remarque auctions (oops, just gave away a secret).
Fair enough deal.

Merlin1958
04-06-2014, 08:31 AM

http://paravia.com/DonMaitz/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Desperation-Spider-talk-284x300.jpg

Now why on earth didn't I think to mention that fact, James? Good job and very accurate info!!!

$811.00!!!!! :dance:

EXPLORER
04-06-2014, 01:12 PM

Now why on earth didn't I think to mention that fact, James? Good job and very accurate info!!!

$811.00!!!!! :dance:

We don't expect you to think of everything... come on Bill.. we know you get confused and such..
You do so much and we are here to support you when and however we can.
I simply thought it worth noting and sharing !

Merlin1958
04-06-2014, 05:13 PM
Oh, absolutely!! Gotta be cool to say you have the same remarque as STEPHEN KING!!!!

Merlin1958
04-06-2014, 06:32 PM
King actually wanted/kept the preliminary sketches for both of our Maitz remarque auctions (oops, just gave away a secret).
Fair enough deal.

And here I thought I could trust my partner in crime!!! LOL I'm telling, Patrick!! LOL

I see a "puzzle" in our future!!! One that you will all want to solve!!!

Merlin1958
04-07-2014, 07:54 PM
So, If I am getting this right quite a few folks were hoping to spend $1,000 on a CD announcement edition that did not include a King sig, but here we are with a rather unique, King signed and Maitz remarqued GE of "Desperation". Honestly, I can't figure you guys out!!! BTW, there is an incredible story behind the item!!! I guess I am getting to be an "Old Whore".!!! LOL Mr. King, kept the preliminary sketches, he liked them so much!! Is that "unique" for you folks or what?

Bid!!!

Merlin1958
04-07-2014, 08:05 PM
Can you really believe the integrity of this man? Here is a recent "Email" from him:

Hi Bill,

I sent the auction link to Marsha in Bangor.

I will see If I can do better next year-

-Don

He is an absolutely wonderful man and a staunch supporter!! King, is watching this auction!! We are no longer "under the radar"!!!

stroppygoblin
04-08-2014, 04:48 AM
Don is 'the Don' !!

Merlin1958
04-09-2014, 12:04 PM
7 mins to go!!!

Merlin1958
04-09-2014, 12:13 PM
$862.00!!!!

I thought for sure it would go over $1,000.00!!! Still, not bad at all.

Ben Staad
04-09-2014, 12:16 PM
Shocker to me as well. I thought this would sneak over 1K at the end.

mcdonaldj
04-09-2014, 12:35 PM
$862.00!!!!

I thought for sure it would go over $1,000.00!!! Still, not bad at all.

Not bad - that is an awesome price, well done!

Merlin1958
04-09-2014, 12:45 PM
Anyone here the auction winner?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-09-2014, 01:03 PM
Anyone here the winner?

Everyone?

Merlin1958
04-09-2014, 01:06 PM
Anyone here the winner?

Everyone?

:wtf:

Randall Flagg
04-09-2014, 01:08 PM
I can't say without permission from the buyer. Sorry.

jonahwriter
04-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Well done on the sale! I was going to bid on it but couldn't figure out the international shipping so hopefully I'll win the next one or one of them. Congratulations again Merlin1958 and everyone!

Btw how many of these type of King signed/remarqued auctions are planned? Is it just this and another one are is there a few coming up?

p.s. I also was sure it would go over 1,000 considering some people bought a 1K non-signed-by-King "Carrie" from CD???

Merlin1958
04-09-2014, 05:45 PM
Well done on the sale! I was going to bid on it but couldn't figure out the international shipping so hopefully I'll win the next one or one of them. Congratulations again Merlin1958 and everyone!

Btw how many of these type of King signed/remarqued auctions are planned? Is it just this and another one are is there a few coming up?

p.s. I also was sure it would go over 1,000 considering some people bought a 1K non-signed-by-King "Carrie" from CD???

Auctions will run continually, at least one a week, through 5/19/14. Not all are ebay auctions, but most are. Rachel Readman has some wonderful art for sale now that will benefit the fund raiser substantially and she resides in the U.K. so s/h is not so much an issue. You can view her wares here:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?18155-Rachel-Readman-Palaver-Wall-Art-Made-to-benefit-the-Haven-Fund-2014

And Here:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?11647-Artist-Rachel-Readman/page15