PDA

View Full Version : Born in sin, Come on in.

Storyslinger
01-11-2008, 12:03 PM
This is a thread about the mini series Storm of the Century.
So, how did you like it.
And who is the mysterious man Andre Linoge remind you of?

alinda
01-11-2008, 12:07 PM
One of my fav's .......Flagg

Heather19
01-11-2008, 03:14 PM
This is one of my favorite King movies. I loved it.

Mattrick
01-11-2008, 05:19 PM
linoge really reminded me of the the old man in Needful Things.

Odetta
01-11-2008, 08:40 PM
I really liked it as well

CPU
01-15-2008, 05:30 AM
I really liked this mini-series (so much in fact that I bought a DVD copy ;)). It raised some really interesting questions (imo); such as does the good of the many outweigh the good of the one (thank you Star Trek III). Would you trade a single life, not a death either, to save the lives of hundreds? Would you send your child off to live a long-life as a "Demon" in order to save other children?

Beyond those big questions I always had a few more after watching this mini-series:
Was Linoge telling the truth about killing everyone in town if they didn't give him what he wanted?
Linoge said he wasn't a God, or one of the Immortals, I wanna know more about the Immortals :lol:

All in all this is one of my favorite King mini-series.

Storyslinger
01-15-2008, 12:03 PM
I'm glad that so many found this to be an enjoyable series. I ranks as my top King movie, and just the fact that Linoge reminds me so mauch of Flagg puts it in the Tower connections for me

IWasSentWest
01-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Linoge def. reminded me of a mixture of Flagg and Gaunt from needful things. there all creepy, but yet likeable....i know. im wierd

Storyslinger
01-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Personally, after the town folks decision, I wanted Linoge to get his way. What a bunch of pricks. But, yes. I ve always been drwn to the evil side in most of Knigs works. So I guess we're both weird

IWasSentWest
01-15-2008, 12:54 PM
and theres nothin wrong with that! those townsfolk were some serious nutcases.

Storyslinger
01-15-2008, 01:04 PM
you say true, I say thankya

Wuducynn
01-23-2008, 02:26 PM
This is a thread about the mini series Storm of the Century.
So, how did you like it.

Loved it! :harrier: Caught it every night on tv when it came out. One of the many things I have to buy.

And who is the mysterious man Andre Linoge remind you of?

I can't believe I'm the only one who thought this..Ronald McDonald of course! Damn, guys.

Storyslinger
01-24-2008, 06:59 PM
Nice CK, Thats definitly you.
I can see the crazy clown angle.

LadyHitchhiker
01-25-2008, 09:43 PM
Jean Luc Picard...

No just kidding... but there is someone he reminds me of that I can't put my finger on.

CRinVA
02-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Not sure who, but not Flagg in my mind - perhaps someone that is sort of on the same 'team' as Flagg.

As far as the mini-series goes - it was da bomb - Awesome to say the least! By far the best TV production of any King Story.

LadyHitchhiker
02-04-2008, 02:11 PM
I think the man who played Andre Linogue was on Stargates sometime but I could be remembering incorrectly

Storyslinger
02-05-2008, 09:11 AM
CRinVA~My thoughts exactly, best King TV Series yet.

Lady~Try Checking Colm Feore on imdb.com

LadyHitchhiker
02-19-2008, 10:12 AM
THAT's Where I know him from... La Femme Nikita a very underrated sexy smart show!!!!! *AND* City of Angels....

Storyslinger
02-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Yep, he's been in quite a bit.

LadyHitchhiker
02-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Funny how when he was in City of Angels he didn't give me the creeps at all but in the other numerous parts he was in he did... maybe I just can't get him out of my head as being Andre Linogue. He did THAT good of a part...

Storyslinger
02-22-2008, 08:38 AM
I found it to be the beat acting he has ever done, in any movie I've seen him in

mia/susannah
02-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Personally, after the town folks decision, I wanted Linoge to get his way. What a bunch of pricks. But, yes. I ve always been drwn to the evil side in most of Knigs works. So I guess we're both weird

I agree, I love the movie, Storm of the Century. Linoge reminded me of Flagg and Gaunt from needful things as well. More of Gaunt though:orely:

Storyslinger
02-22-2008, 09:34 AM
Thanks for stopping in, Yeah he does seem a bit like Gaunt

Storyslinger
02-22-2008, 10:16 AM
I just recently got it on DVD, and it was well worth the money. I like the commentary by SK

Storyslinger
02-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Cheers to you! :thumbsup:

Heather19
02-22-2008, 11:42 AM
I didn't know King did commentary on the film either. I'm going to have to pick the dvd up.

alinda
02-22-2008, 11:48 AM
Damn! I have the DVD, but havent ever watched any extra's.....I'm going to look when I get home. Actually this will sound weird, but I have a copy of the
screenplay ( book) and always wanted to watch the film, while reading it....
home subtitles? :orely: I havent tried it yet tho'

I just recently got it on DVD, and it was well worth the money. I like the commentary by SK

I wasnt aware of what extras were on the DVD, if there is commentary by King , i think il definitly be getting the DVD.

cheers

Storyslinger
02-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Damn! I have the DVD, but havent ever watched any extra's.....I'm going to look when I get home. Actually this will sound weird, but I have a copy of the
screenplay ( book) and always wanted to watch the film, while reading it....
home subtitles? :orely: I havent tried it yet tho'

I wasnt aware of what extras were on the DVD, if there is commentary by King , i think il definitly be getting the DVD.

cheers

I've done this, its fairly close