PDA

View Full Version : Comic Tower Tournament 2014: Round One Point Five - POPULARITY CONTEST

Shannon
01-25-2014, 12:57 AM
Participants in the POPULARITY CONTEST:

Anti-Spawn
Black Widow
BloodRayne
Daredevil
Deadpool
Doctor Doom
The Flash
Judge Dredd
Justice
Ka-Zar
Mephisto
Raphael
Rogue
Roland Deschain
Sabretooth
Sgt. Rock
Spawn
From these seventeen participants, choose five to save (+1 point) and five to hurt (-1 point) based on who you personally like the most and who you would most like to see continue in the tournament.

CHALLENGE EXPIRES AT MIDNIGHT ON SUNDAY, JANUARY 26TH PST.

EIGHT WILL LIVE, NINE WILL DIE.

DISCUSS.

Shannon
01-25-2014, 01:00 AM
Save:
Deadpool
The Flash
Judge Dredd
Rogue
Sabretooth

Some of my favorites, glad we have the opportunity to let them continue living.

Hurt:
Anti-Spawn
BloodRayne
Justice
Ka-Zar
Mephisto

I am mostly unfamiliar with them, therefore, they go.

pathoftheturtle
01-25-2014, 02:39 AM
- Anti-Spawn BloodRayne Deadpool Ka-Zar Spawn

save Black Widow Doctor Doom Judge Dredd Rogue Roland

Ben Staad
01-25-2014, 08:26 AM
Save:

Justice
Ka-Zar
The Flash
Daredevil
Sgt. Rock

Hurt:

Anti-Spawn
Black Widow
BloodRayne
Mephisto
Raphael

Stockerlone
01-25-2014, 03:15 PM
Save:
Black Widow
Daredevil
Doctor Doom
Rogue
Sabretooth

Hurt:
Anti-Spawn
BloodRayne
Justice
Ka-Zar
Sgt. Rock

stroppygoblin
01-25-2014, 04:58 PM
Save:
Mephisto
The Flash
Judge Dredd
Rogue
BloodRayne

Hurt:
Deadpool
Anti-Spawn
Sabretooth
Justice
Ka-Zar

Shannon
01-25-2014, 05:35 PM
You hurt Sabretooth AND Deadpool!?? Ooooh, me hates you.

stroppygoblin
01-25-2014, 05:47 PM
just following your lead.... :)

"I am mostly unfamiliar with them, therefore, they go."

pathoftheturtle
01-25-2014, 06:31 PM
I'm not sure how you can be unfamiliar with Sabretooth if you know Wolverine.

As for Mephisto, he may be the last entity we have to kill that reasonably might stop the Beyonder.

Normally focuses on godlike adversaries such as Zarathos (the Ghost Rider,) Silver Surfer, or Thor.

Mephisto vs. #3
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/103277/2868782-061220-Mephisto.jpg

Check out this whole arc, though, for an interesting different take:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-l7wSbETIAgs/TsPoMXBa1II/AAAAAAAAEU8/iGxCzbDQtYs/s320/Daredevil+-+266+-+A+Beer+with+the+Devil+-+00+-+FC.jpg

OchrisO
01-26-2014, 07:01 PM
Save:
Deadpool
The Flash
Mephisto
Daredevil
Doctor DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Hurt:
BloodRayne
Roland Deschain (I, of course, love Roland, but don't feel like he belongs in this contest for some reason)
Sgt. Rock
Anti-Spawn
Ka-Zar

stroppygoblin
01-27-2014, 09:29 AM

Because much of my comic book knowledge is from the 70's and '80's and most of it UK based. (hence my pick of Rogue Trooper). The wider Marvel and DC worlds went unnoticed due to unavailability in local newsagents over here. (I was a regular buyer of 2000AD and Commando however). Wolverine is known due to recent films.

This admission may declare me null and void from future votes, but as the rules and indeed the ideas behind the contest were never fully disclosed I'm planning to disrupt with my ignorance!!!

Shannon
01-27-2014, 11:22 PM
LIVES:
Black Widow
Daredevil
Deadpool
Doctor Doom
The Flash
Judge Dredd
Rogue
Sabretooth

DIES:
Anti-Spawn
BloodRayne
Justice
Ka-Zar
Mephisto
Raphael
Roland Deschain
Sgt. Rock
Spawn

stroppygoblin
01-28-2014, 02:42 AM
A moments silence for the passing of Roland... :cry:

pathoftheturtle
01-28-2014, 04:43 AM

Because much of my comic book knowledge is from the 70's and '80's and most of it UK based. (hence my pick of Rogue Trooper). The wider Marvel and DC worlds went unnoticed due to unavailability in local newsagents over here. (I was a regular buyer of 2000AD and Commando however). Wolverine is known due to recent films.

This admission may declare me null and void from future votes, but as the rules and indeed the ideas behind the contest were never fully disclosed I'm planning to disrupt with my ignorance!!!I for one prefer for people who don't know it all to stick around to maybe learn some more, anyway. One wrong thing, at least, about the Hugh Jackman Wolverine: he's still too tall. But as for Sabretooth, the guy in the first movie who is called that name is not Sabretooth. The guy in X-Men Origins: Wolverine who is not called Sabretooth is Sabretooth. I imagine the strategy meeting for that movie went quite a bit like this: "Man, they really did a messed up thing to Sabretooth in the first X-Men movie while they were focused on Magneto and everything. Let's make an Origin movie to do that character justice, and then at the end we can, I don't know, do some messed up thing to Deadpool or something."

Shannon
01-28-2014, 12:34 PM
Moment of silence for movie Deadpool. :(