PDA

View Full Version : 24

Mattrick
05-13-2013, 12:21 PM
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/13/official-24-returns-may-2014/

Huge fan of the show, cannot wait!

ELazansky
05-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Same here, but it will be weird not seeing all 24 hours of the day.

Still Servant
05-13-2013, 05:06 PM
The show is played out. Too many of the seasons dealt with the same exact formula. Brown person hates America, tries to blow it up, old white person is really behind the whole thing, Jack tortures everybody he meets while never having to go to the bathroom.

I'll watch it, I'm just not sure we are going to get anything different. The first season of 24 was one of the best seasons of any TV show I've ever watched.

Shannon
05-13-2013, 05:17 PM
Love 24.

Mattrick
05-13-2013, 05:56 PM
The show is played out. Too many of the seasons dealt with the same exact formula. Brown person hates America, tries to blow it up, old white person is really behind the whole thing, Jack tortures everybody he meets while never having to go to the bathroom.

I'll watch it, I'm just not sure we are going to get anything different. The first season of 24 was one of the best seasons of any TV show I've ever watched.

Season One: European - Assassination
Season Two: American - Nuke
Season Three: British - Virus
Season Four: Islamic - various
Season Five: Russian - Nerve Gas
Season Six: Islamic/Russian - nukes
Season Seven: Somalian - cyber terrorism
Season Eight: Islamic - Assassination/dirty bomb

On average they aren't brown nor try to blow America up. Over simplify much? :p. Season seven and eight were pretty different than previous seasons.

Bryant Burnette
05-13-2013, 08:20 PM
I'm all over this. I wish it was sooner than summer '14, but I'll take what I can get!

Still Servant
05-14-2013, 08:02 PM

Season One: European - Assassination
Season Two: American - Nuke
Season Three: British - Virus
Season Four: Islamic - various
Season Five: Russian - Nerve Gas
Season Six: Islamic/Russian - nukes
Season Seven: Somalian - cyber terrorism
Season Eight: Islamic - Assassination/dirty bomb

On average they aren't brown nor try to blow America up. Over simplify much? :p. Season seven and eight were pretty different than previous seasons.

That doesn't tell the whole story. In some of those seasons, there were some brown people that were part of the plot or at least thought to be bad guys.

Mattrick
05-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Yeah there are some but fewer...Europeans, Americans and The Chinese are as equally involved in the plots. You know the biggest constancy in 24? No Canadian terrorists and the fact the Bauer family is played by Canadians....we the real American heroes in 24!

mae
01-13-2014, 09:54 AM
Do we have a 24 thread? Couldn't find one, sorry. Might have to marathon watch the series on Netflix, now that this is finally coming:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=113446

Fox today announced today that "24: Live Another Day" will premiere with a special two-hour television event Monday, May 5 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), and makes its time period premiere the following week on Monday, May 12 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). The high-octane saga reunites the Emmy Award-winning team of executive producer Howard Gordon; star and executive producer Kiefer Sutherland; co-creator Robert Cochran; executive producers Evan Katz, Manny Coto, David Fury and Brian Grazer; and executive producer and director Jon Cassar.

Set and shot in London, the suspenseful event series once again will follow the exploits of heroic agent Jack Bauer (Sutherland), as he attempts to thwart an unthinkable terrorist attack that could change the world forever. Retaining the real-time, nail-biting, fast-paced format with split screens and interweaving storylines, the highly-anticipated series also stars Mary Lynn Rajskub ("Firewall"), Kim Raver ("Revolution") and William Devane ("The Dark Knight Rises") reprising their original roles. Newcomers to the drama series include Yvonne Strahovski ("Dexter"), Giles Matthey ("Jobs"), Gbenga Akinnagbe ("The Wire"), Michael Wincott ("The Crow") and Academy Award nominee and Golden Globe Award winner Judy Davis ("Life with Judy Garland").

Jon
01-13-2014, 11:52 AM
I would think this will get some attention.

needfulthings
01-13-2014, 01:26 PM
BY THE WAY THE CLOCK IS RUNNING.....SO
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/822/ydea.jpg

START HERE
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/716/knh6.jpg

Odetta
01-13-2014, 09:51 PM
I was a huge fan of this show!
It got a little too predictable after so many seasons, but it was still a great show!

Mattrick
05-05-2014, 04:50 PM
WOOOOOO!!!! Four years ago I experienced the most bittersweet 24 (lol) hours of my life when 24 and Lost ended back to back days. Now that day's bitterness has had it's neck broken because BAUER IS BACK!

My four years of waiting was done in real time.

Odetta
05-05-2014, 05:28 PM
:lol:
I am deciding if I want to commit to this. 24 is a big commitment to not miss a single episode

Mattrick
05-06-2014, 02:12 AM
It's only 12 episodes. First hour was good but the second hour was really good, some excellent dialogue.

Bev Vincent
05-06-2014, 02:21 AM
Second hour was really good, with a huge twist ending.

frik
05-06-2014, 10:45 AM
Love 24. Right up there with The X-Files as my # 1 television series...
Can't decide which I like better.

sk

Still Servant
05-07-2014, 02:47 PM
Felt like the show never ended. 24 has a style and pacing that many shows since have tried to capture, but failed. I can't put my finger on it, but it just works.

Granted, the final couple seasons felt a little stale at times. I think this mini series is going to rekindle the fire. It should be interesting to see if they do another season. I've been saying for a while, the way TV is going you are going to see more and more shows do shorter runs of about a dozen episodes. It's just getting too hard to stay fresh and interesting for 22 episodes.

I also loved seeing Lady Stark.

DoctorZaius
05-07-2014, 05:40 PM
I have not watched it yet. Saving things on my DVR so I can OD on them in one binge. Check out the the Jack and Chloe cameo in this very funny SNL spoof from last week. Great Stuff!

http://www.justjared.com/2014/05/04/andrew-garfield-beyonce-snl/

Still Servant
05-07-2014, 07:53 PM
That's will power, my friend.

Also, I loved The Beygency skit on SNL. Good stuff.

Mattrick
05-07-2014, 11:02 PM
I do the same thing Zaius. I actually waited to watch the second half of season three of The Walking Dead until a week before season 4 started and I still I let a few weeks of that to build up before I watch it. It's much more satisying to watch a few hours of a show straight and helps the narratives flow better imo. But that said, 24 I have to watch live on tv every week because that's what 24 is all about.

The second episode was excellent. The first felt like standard 24 which was nice but the second hour was gripping as hell. The best part of both hours to me was when Audrey and Heller's chief of staff were prepping him to speak about the drone attack, and sort of stumbled and was slow and then he became The President and music carried him and Audrey's expression was so proud and comforted that he seemed like how he always had, then he makes that small but horrible mistake and Audrey's face just goes limp and the Chief of Staff jumped all over it with the same aggressive fervor the President will encounter and it was heartbreaking, like the very air was sucked out of the scene by the end of it. Goddamn masterful scene and of my favourites they've ever done from acting to writing and directing and music...it just all came together perfectly.

Mattrick
05-26-2014, 01:15 AM
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/s526x395/10325169_10152037907542251_3541467688713701761_n.j pg

WOO WOO WOO you know it!

The following takes place between whenever the hell Jack decides to start it and whenever the hell Jack gets bored with making the world his bitch and ends it.

mae
05-18-2016, 09:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOWpUB_Xdqs

webstar1000
05-18-2016, 09:31 AM

Seriously? Where is Kiefer?????????? Will not be the same:(

DoctorDodge
05-18-2016, 03:26 PM

Seriously? Where is Kiefer?????????? Will not be the same:(

On the plus side, at least he's still working on the show, just behind the camera. As for the trailer...it hasn't exactly got my blood pumping yet, but I'm keeping an open mind. If the show's good, it would be nice to have a fresh jumping-on point (I gave up on the original run of 24 a few eps into season 6, although I do plan to get round to finishing it eventually). If it's bad...meh. Like I said, it's good to have someone like Sutherland involved, at least.

Still Servant
05-18-2016, 07:03 PM
no

Mattrick
05-21-2016, 09:03 PM
James, Season 7 and 8 were THE best the show ever was. Six is average at best and easily the worst season. Live Another Day is great because jack is all FUCK DUE PROCESS