PDA

View Full Version : What are your top X most wanted books?

at_one
12-20-2013, 03:48 PM
It looks like this has started in "collecting questions", I'm thinking a dedicated thread would be more fun. Maybe one of the mods can combine?

Here's mine:

1. Sphere/Viking/Plume Gunslinger
2. Plume Orange wraps DotT
3.The Stand portfolio #1193 (to match my book)
4.Night Shift 1/1
5.Salem's Lot Gift w/ Collector's traycase and set of photographs (still kicking myself in the ass for selling this one some time ago!!!)
6.Skeleton Crew S/L
7.Set of S/L Dark Tower (not necessarily matching #'d)
8.The Stand 1/1 flatsigned and dated in year of publication
9.Firestarter S/L
10.Rage US 1/1

This list is mostly comprised of books I plan on acquiring in the next few years, as I get them they will be replaced by more wants.

stroppygoblin
12-20-2013, 04:11 PM
Mine are a little less ambitious but in keeping with the 'in the realms of possibility' rather than 'in my wildest dreams' here is my top 10:

1. Gunslinger (pref Artist signed) 1st/1st
2. Carrie US 1st/1st
3. 'Salem's Lot US 1st/1st
4. Night Shift US 1st/1st
5. Roadwork US 1st/1st
6. Skeleton Crew S/L
7. Green Mile Limited H/C Set
8. Self Printed/Bound Plant
9. Wastelands - Artist Signed
10. W & G - Artist Signed

Ben Eads
12-20-2013, 09:22 PM
Thanks for creating the thread!

Here's my list:

#1: Lettered edition of IT
#2: Lettered edition of The Shining
#3: SNL of Doctor Sleep
#4: SNL of Black House
#5: Flat signed 1st edition of The Shining
#6: Flat signed 1st edition of Pet Sematary
#7: SNL or lettered of The Regulators
#8: SNL of The Talisman
#9: SNL of Full Dark No Stars
#10: Complete Matching # Set of The Dark Tower

Note that #10 is at #10 because I’ll never be able to afford a set! Or any other items listed! LOL
At least not until next year. ;)

webstar1000
12-21-2013, 12:54 PM
10. Salem's Lot - Oversize
9. Carrie (Fine) 1st/1st
8. Six Stories
7. Cycle of the Werewolf S/L
6. New Lieutenant's Rap
5. Stand S/L
4. Any Lettered Edition!
3. The Plant (1,2,3)
2. Firestarter Asbestos
1. Complete PERFECT S/L Dark Tower set

GREAT Thread... I technically have number 1 but not on my book shelf yet!

divemaster
12-21-2013, 01:14 PM
I'll limit this to items within my collecting area of interest and which I have a reasonable expectation of obtaining at some point. (i.e., no Asbestos Firestarter). In no particular order:

The Stand S/L
The Eyes of the Dragon S/L
Frankenstein S/L (Wrightson/King 1983)
The Drawing of the Three S/L #214
The Gunslinger S/L #214
Legends S/L
The Green Mile S/L
From a Buick 8 S/L
The Big Book of Necon S/L
The Complete Masters of Darkness S/L

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-21-2013, 05:03 PM
My top 10 are:

1. The Gutenberg Bible, 1st 1456 printing
2. THE NECRONOMICON, signed by Abdul Alhazred in his own blood moments before he was ripped to pieces by Cthulhu
3. DR. NO, Jonathan Cape 1958, 1st/1st in MINT condition
4. The galley proof of The Kama Sutra, circa 300 BCE with the unexpurgated illustrations
5. The Book of Life, flat signed by God
6. The 10 volume set of Paradise Lost by John Milton, 1667, with the free bookmark
7. The Egyptian BOOK OF THE DEAD in the original hieroglyphs, with the missing magic spell and the drawing of the pyramid on page 666 by the author
8. THE MODERN PROMETHEUS, 1818, one of two copies as written by Mary Shelley and rumored to be lost in a fire caused by a rather large monstrous creature with a daisy in his lapel
9. OLIVER TWIST, 1838 limited edition with the alternate 'twist' ending, as subsequently presented on the missing tape from The Twilight Zone TV series
10. The first issue ever of TV GUIDE Magazine (well, it's not really a book, but who wouldn't want it?)

Joe315
12-21-2013, 11:35 PM
Best top 10 ever!!!

My top 10 are:

2. THE NECRONOMICON, signed by Abdul Alhazred in his own blood moments before he was ripped to pieces by Cthulhu
4. The galley proof of The Kama Sutra, circa 300 BCE with the unexpurgated illustrations
6. The 10 volume set of Paradise Lost by John Milton, 1667, with the free bookmark
7. The Egyptian BOOK OF THE DEAD in the original hieroglyphs, with the missing magic spell and the drawing of the pyramid on page 666 by the author
8. THE MODERN PROMETHEUS, 1818, one of two copies as written by Mary Shelley and rumored to be lost in a fire caused by a rather large monstrous creature with a daisy in his lapel
9. OLIVER TWIST, 1838 limited edition with the alternate 'twist' ending, as subsequently presented on the missing tape from The Twilight Zone TV series
10. The first issue ever of TV GUIDE Magazine (well, it's not really a book, but who wouldn't want it?)

stroppygoblin
12-22-2013, 03:28 PM
My top 10 are:

I have duplicates on all of these except the TV Guide Magazine (now that's a rare one) PM me if interested... :)

Edit: just checked, The Book of life is signed - looks authentic compared to 7 of the 10 Stone commandments I have (always looking for the other 3) BUT it's a 2nd printing...

needfulthings
12-22-2013, 06:05 PM
My top 10 are:

I have duplicates on all of these except the TV Guide Magazine (now that's a rare one) PM me if interested... :)

Edit: just checked, The Book of life is signed - looks authentic compared to 7 of the 10 Stone commandments I have (always looking for the other 3) BUT it's a 2nd printing...
I have the other 3 you are looking for. Will trade for a copy of Seduction of the Innocent (Signed First Edition).

DoctorZaius
12-22-2013, 06:16 PM
The asbestos Firestarter
Signed limited Gunslinger

Remarques by Dameron, Wrightson, Whelan, McKean, Lee, Anderson, Gervais, and Palladini

Merlin1958
12-22-2013, 06:33 PM
I don't mean to ruin the mood, but wasn't this the King "Collectible Must have" discussion that started in "Collecting Questions"? Just curious as to how to respond. There is a BIG difference in the two subjects. IMHO

For example, I feel that I "Must Have" a "Carrie 1/1" in my collection, but I "want" to have a "The Stand S/L".

at_one
12-22-2013, 06:43 PM
I don't mean to ruin the mood, but wasn't this the King "Collectible Must have" discussion that started in "Collecting Questions"? Just curious as to how to respond. There is a BIG difference in the two subjects. IMHO

For example, I feel that I "Must Have" a "Carrie 1/1" in my collection, but I "want" to have a "The Stand S/L".

It is. I made a judgement call and phrased it "most wanted". Take it as you will.

Merlin1958
12-22-2013, 06:46 PM

It is. I made a judgement call and phrased it "most wanted". Take it as you will.

I mean no disrespect, but I think we have a thread for "Most wanted" or close to that. A "Must Have" thread would I believe be a "new" topic. Of course, I'll let the "Mods" sort that out. Regardless a great idea.

at_one
12-22-2013, 07:09 PM

I mean no disrespect, but I think we have a thread for "Most wanted" or close to that. A "Must Have" thread would I believe be a "new" topic. Of course, I'll let the "Mods" sort that out. Regardless a great idea.

Probably is....search function on this site isn't the easiest to navigate, so I started anew. Too late on a Sunday to get technical...ugh.

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-23-2013, 01:43 AM
Feel free to move my not too serious want list to any thread you like, or you may destroy it utterly if you so desire! Hahahahahahahahaha, and HA!

Seriously though, it's hard to pick just 10, but I'll try:

1. Lettered, asbestos FIRESTARTER
2. S/L THE STAND
3. CARRIE proof
4. S/L Sub Press THE GREEN MILE
5. Lettered Sub Press THE GREEN MILE
6. MY PRETTY PONY with the digital clock
7. SALEM'S LOT with the 2nd state dust jacket MINT!
8. Lettered DOLAN'S CADILLAC
9. SIX STORIES numbered version
10. THE NEW LIEUTENANT'S RAP

Darn, forgot this one - 11. Lettered REGULATORS

TwistedNadine
12-23-2013, 10:07 AM
Hmm this thread seems to be a combination of Top Ten Already Haves and Top Ten Wants.

Becca - those are all amazing.
ur2ndbiggestfan - loved your first want list. I wish you all the best in acquiring those.

becca69
12-23-2013, 10:08 AM
Hmm this thread seems to be a combination of Top Ten Already Haves and Top Ten Wants.

ur2ndbiggestfan - loved your first want list. I wish you all the best in acquiring those.

Thanks - I got confused as I was reading thru the thread after I posted... was I supposed to post faves from my collection or favorite wants - LOL

TwistedNadine
12-23-2013, 11:04 AM
I think it started as a Top Ten Haves then the Top Ten Wants was merged into it. Confused me too but love your Haves!

Thanks - I got confused as I was reading thru the thread after I posted... was I supposed to post faves from my collection or favorite wants - LOL

Randall Flagg
12-23-2013, 11:56 AM

I think it started as a Top Ten Haves then the Top Ten Wants was merged into it. Confused me too but love your Haves!

I merged two similar threads. I also changed the title to reflect that the top ten could be a wish list, or an already have list. Hope that works.

TwistedNadine
12-23-2013, 12:01 PM
I merged two similar threads. I also changed the title to reflect that the top ten could be a wish list, or an already have list. Hope that works.

Appreciate the title change. Life is challenging enuf already without confusing thread titles. One less thing to think about LOL

Randall Flagg
12-23-2013, 12:37 PM

Appreciate the title change. Life is challenging enuf already without confusing thread titles. One less thing to think about LOL
Happy to make things simple for you...

Randall Flagg
12-23-2013, 01:37 PM

Fsmdr
12-23-2013, 06:34 PM
1. 1st/1st Carrie F/F signed and dated in year of publication
2. Lettered Green Mile
3. Salem's Lot 1st/3rd state F/F
4. Marshroots
5. Ubris Spring 1968
6. Ubris Spring 1969
7. Ubris Fall 1969
8. Onan
9. UK 1978 The Stand 1st F/F
10. UK Night Shift 1st F/F

Don't think I will be getting them all in 2014, but would love to have them at some point.

RC65
12-24-2013, 09:51 AM
As it relates to King, my most desired book is (and always will be until I get it) the S/L edition of THE STAND. The other nine (a 1st HC of NIGHT SHIFT, the S/L of SKELETON CREW, et al) are significantly less so...I really, really want the S/L of THE STAND.

at_one
12-24-2013, 10:40 AM
As it relates to King, my most desired book is (and always will be until I get it) the S/L edition of THE STAND. The other nine (a 1st HC of NIGHT SHIFT, the S/L of SKELETON CREW, et al) are significantly less so...I really, really want the S/L of THE STAND.
It is definitely worth the desire! I just got mine last week and it is one of the coolest things I have EVER purchased.

Scoogs
12-24-2013, 12:24 PM
My King want list, in no particular order:

The Wind Through the Keyhole S/L (this would complete my set since The Gunslinger S/L is out of my reach)
The Gunslinger -- First Grant Edition
Wolves of the Calla -- 1st/1st Trade edition signed by Bernie Wrightson
Salem's Lot S/L
Salem's Lot 1st w/2nd state DJ
The Dead Zone -- Easton Press
Wizard & Glass -- First Grant Edition remarqued by Dave McKean
DT1, DT7 or LSOE remarqued by Michael Whelan
DT5 -- Grant Artist Edition remarqued by Bernie Wrightson (if he ever agrees to draw any)

RC65
12-24-2013, 01:43 PM
It is definitely worth the desire! I just got mine last week and it is one of the coolest things I have EVER purchased.

Congratulations! I hope to be able to say the same thing someday.

thegunslinger41
12-24-2013, 03:29 PM
1. Gunslinger viking proof
2. gunslinger sphere proof
3. gunslinger manyscript..blue pages
4. enders game first edition
5. tor proof of first drizzt paperback novel by ra salvatore
6. regulators and salems lot lettered

TwistedNadine
12-26-2013, 03:21 PM
High on my want list is Ubris Spring 68 but at a price I can live with (last one sold for over 1000 unsigned if I recall)

wizardsrainbow
12-26-2013, 05:22 PM
Oh boy, tough to name a top 10....

#1 is easy for me: Sphere UK Gunslinger proof
#2 Asbestos Firestarter
#3 The Carrie 1st edition that King inscribed to his mother
#4 about half of carlosdetweiller's collection
#5 The Lettered Regulators Prototype (I have the prototype 1/1 toy box S/L one)
#6 An original Gunslinger manuscript
#7 A Bernie Wrightson Remarque in DT V - the only artist I do not own (I own original DT V art, but not a Wrightson remarqued book)
#8 The inscribed 1st Salem's Lot dated October 3, 1975....2 weeks BEFORE publication and the earliest dated Salem's I ever saw - bought away from me at Heritage Auctions
#9 carlosdetweiller's copy of The Stand (I think it is the Stand) that King inscribed to his daughter Naomi
#10 the mythical (maybe real...no one knows for sure) UK proof copies of Carrie, Salem's Lot

becca69
12-26-2013, 08:50 PM
1. Lettered Regulators
2. The missing #644 DT2 for my set
3. S/L Stand
4. Asbestos Firestarter
5. S/L A Game of Thrones (matching if possible)
6. King signatures/personalizations in all my King books
7. Christine S/L
8. Skeleton Crew S/L
9. Fevre Dream Lettered
10. Any amazing remarques

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-27-2013, 02:47 AM
High on my want list is Ubris Spring 68 but at a price I can live with (last one sold for over 1000 unsigned if I recall)

$1286 according to my records. But Betts have sold one for $750 in the past.

Ben Mears
12-27-2013, 05:06 AM
Copy of Sword In The Darkness manuscript
Copy of The Cannibals manuscript
Copy of The Island manuscript
Copy of The Dead Zone manuscript
Copy of Blaze manuscript
Unsigned copy of Skeleton Crew limited

biomieg
12-27-2013, 08:48 AM

I got my copy of this edition from Hannes and I sold it to Rusty (namelessnpoor). I believe he listed it for sale in the Classifieds thread a couple of days ago.

at_one
12-27-2013, 03:42 PM

I got my copy of this edition from Hannes and I sold it to Rusty (namelessnpoor). I believe he listed it for sale in the Classifieds thread a couple of days ago.

And now it's headed my way!

Ari_Racing
12-29-2013, 02:09 PM
And we all love these lists, don't we? :D

There are a lot of books I'd like to have but I'm including the 10 items I don't think I'll ever own:

1) Asbestos Firestarter
2) The Regulators Lettered
3) Salem's Lot with 1st state DJ.
4) The Gunslinger S/L
5) Copy of Sword in the darkness manuscript
6) The Shining Doubleday proof
7) Copy of Thinner manuscript (with the original title)
8) Copy of The Aftermath
9) Copy of The Star Invaders
10) 1st edition of Carrie personalized to myself.

Jimimck
12-29-2013, 06:04 PM
My top 10 are:

Let me know if you need Australian printing editions of those.

My list (I'm being boring and sticking to things I may actually be able to afford someday)

The Stand S/L
IT S/L
The Shining S/L (ordered, on its way some day)
Skeleton Crew S/L
Carrie first edition
Salem's Lot first edition
Night Shift first edition
DT S/L set (don't care if matching set)
Firestarter S/L
Christine S/L

wizardsrainbow
06-11-2016, 10:01 AM

#2 Asbestos Firestarter
#7 A Bernie Wrightson Remarque in DT V - the only artist I do not own (I own original DT V art, but not a Wrightson remarqued book)
#8 The inscribed 1st Salem's Lot dated October 3, 1975....2 weeks BEFORE publication and the earliest dated Salem's I ever saw - bought away from me at Heritage Auctions
#9 carlosdetweiller's copy of The Stand (I think it is the Stand) that King inscribed to his daughter Naomi
#10 the mythical (maybe real...no one knows for sure) UK proof copies of Carrie, Salem's Lot

UPDATED:

I now own #1 on my list and my Dark Tower collection is essentially complete now!!!
I now own #8 as well!!!
#2 is for sale by a member here (where I got my Sphere Gunslinger proof), but I just can't get my arms around spending that much more $$ to acquire! BTW...I did actually HOLD IN MY HANDS another member's Asbestos Firestarter on Thursday.....It was awesome!!

picontin
06-11-2016, 11:36 AM
01. The Stand S/L
02. Doctor Sleep S/L
03. From a Buick 8 S/L
04. 11/22/63 flat signed
05. The Shining Lettered
06. Carrie copy from formerly Soviet Union

wizardsrainbow
06-11-2016, 11:43 AM
Shining Lettered on eBay at a VERY VERY high price of $5500

picontin
06-11-2016, 11:44 AM
:cry:

stroppygoblin
06-14-2016, 06:51 AM
Mine are a little less ambitious but in keeping with the 'in the realms of possibility' rather than 'in my wildest dreams' here is my top 10:

1. Gunslinger (pref Artist signed) 1st/1st
2. Carrie US 1st/1st
3. 'Salem's Lot US 1st/1st
4. Night Shift US 1st/1st
5. Roadwork US 1st/1st
6. Skeleton Crew S/L
7. Green Mile Limited H/C Set
8. Self Printed/Bound Plant
9. Wastelands - Artist Signed
10. W & G - Artist Signed

As we are doing updates, I now have most of the items on my original list, so here's an updated top 10..

1. Lettered Regulators
2. S/L Regulators
3. Completion of my DT numbered set (#228 )
4. IT S/L
5. Danse Macabre S/L
6. Dr Sleep S/L
7. Full Dark No Stars S/L
8. From a Buick 8 S/L
9. Self Printed/Bound Plant
10. W & G - Artist signed

Ari_Racing
06-14-2016, 01:43 PM
Of course I didn't get any of these (with the exception of photocopies of The Star Invaders) but I changed my mind a little bit:

Original list:
1) Asbestos Firestarter
4) The Gunslinger S/L
Copy of The Aftermath

Updated list:

1) The Regulators Lettered
2) Asbestos Firestarter
4) The Gunslinger S/L
6) Salem's Lot Doubleday proof
8 ) Copy of The Aftermath
9) Copy of The Masque of the Red Death adaptation he sold at school
10) Comics Review or Stories of Suspense with I was a teenage grave robber/In a half-world of terror.

Randall Flagg
06-14-2016, 02:13 PM
Of course I didn't get any of these (with the exception of photocopies of The Star Invaders) but I changed my mind a little bit:

Original list:
1) Asbestos Firestarter
4) The Gunslinger S/L
Copy of The Aftermath

Updated list:

2) Asbestos Firestarter
4) The Gunslinger S/L
10) Comics Review or Stories of Suspense with I was a teenage grave robber/In a half-world of terror.

You forgot the Grand Prize personally inscribed Bill Hodges Trilogy. I suppose that would be a 2016 goal.

herbertwest
06-15-2016, 03:22 AM

Original list:
1) Asbestos Firestarter
4) The Gunslinger S/L
Copy of The Aftermath

Updated list:

2) Asbestos Firestarter
4) The Gunslinger S/L

What was the original title of THINNER? And may I ask why this one?
Also, I do not see that Red Death adaptation mentionned? Wasnt it The Pit and the Pendulum?

Ari_Racing
06-15-2016, 03:29 AM
Gypsy Pie was the original title.

And you're correct. I mixed up Poe's stories. I'd want The Pit and the pendulum :)

herbertwest
06-19-2016, 11:58 PM
Any major differences known between Gipsy Pie and Thinner?
May I ask why you want specifically this one and not another one?

Ari_Racing
06-20-2016, 09:06 AM
Not that I know (about the differences) since I never read Gypsy Pie. Just thought it'd be a really cool item to get.

becca69
10-28-2016, 06:31 AM
1. Lettered Regulators
2. The missing #644 DT2 for my set
3. S/L Stand
4. Asbestos Firestarter
5. S/L A Game of Thrones (matching if possible)
7. Christine S/L
8. Skeleton Crew S/L
9. Fevre Dream Lettered
10. Any amazing remarques

Wow, looks like I have to update this list!

becca69
10-28-2016, 06:38 AM
Revised List:
1. Lettered Regulators
2. Regulators S/L
3. Firestarter S/L
4. Asbestos Firestarter
5. Legends S/L
7. Lettered From A Buick 8
8. 'Salem's Lot 1st state
9. Knight of the Seven Kingdoms (GRRM) Lettered
10. Original (published) art

webstar1000
10-28-2016, 07:06 AM
Lettered Regulators. Nothing else matters right now. PLEASE someone contact me:)

stroppygoblin
10-28-2016, 07:41 AM
Lettered Regulators. Nothing else matters right now. PLEASE someone contact me:)

NOTHING else matters? :evil:

So would you trade your COTW masterpiece for a Lettered Regulators???? Inquiring minds wish to know....:dance:

webstar1000
10-28-2016, 07:58 AM

So would you trade your COTW masterpiece for a Lettered Regulators???? Inquiring minds wish to know....:dance:

No.. hahaha Maybe I should have said... I am looking for one and it is the only grail on my 2017 radar:)

jsmcmullen92
10-28-2016, 09:01 AM

No.. hahaha Maybe I should have said... I am looking for one and it is the only grail on my 2017 radar:)

I am kinda surprised that the S/L Regulators brings in such a nice profit. The Counterpart Desperation is a beautiful production AND has art and goes for 1/3 the cost. 2 people in a row looking for a version of it makes me wonder what I am missing.

I know why the lettered it so sought after but not sure on the S/L

webstar1000
10-28-2016, 09:15 AM

I am kinda surprised that the S/L Regulators brings in such a nice profit. The Counterpart Desperation is a beautiful production AND has art and goes for 1/3 the cost. 2 people in a row looking for a version of it makes me wonder what I am missing.

I know why the lettered it so sought after but not sure on the S/L

The S/L is so nice too. Really really is:)

ELazansky
10-28-2016, 09:35 AM
For me, The Regulators S/L is one of the coolest books I own. The whole toy box thing combined with the limitation page being a canceled check from Richard Bachman. Just something very unique.

bdwyer19
10-28-2016, 09:53 AM
For me, The Regulators S/L is one of the coolest books I own. The whole toy box thing combined with the limitation page being a canceled check from Richard Bachman. Just something very unique.

I agree. The Peter Schneider Q&A earlier in the year made the S/L even more special, when he told all about the making of it.

Roseannebarr
10-28-2016, 01:51 PM
Revised List:
1. Lettered Regulators
2. Regulators S/L
3. Firestarter S/L
4. Asbestos Firestarter
5. Legends S/L

some pretty lofty goals! I love #6 personalized all to you? or others/old inscriptions?

jsteltor
10-28-2016, 02:11 PM
At this point I'm craving Ziesing's Insomnia S/L.

DoctorZaius
10-28-2016, 02:21 PM
1. Gunslinger S/L #255
2. Drawing of the Three S/L #255
3. Carrie S/L - 1 of 26
4. Thinner S/L - 1/26
5. The New Lieutenant's Rap - with all extras.
6. Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon S/L
7. Riding the Bullet S/L - 1 of 52
8. Colorado Kid S/L #33 - Chadborne
9. Colorado Kid S/L #33 - Potter
10. Regulators Lettered - only last because I have the S/L already.

Randall Flagg
10-29-2016, 11:05 AM
At this point I'm craving Ziesing's Insomnia S/L.
One bid, $99. Free shipping:

Insomnia Stephen King Signed Limited #750 Immaculate (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Insomnia-Stephen-King-Signed-Limited-750-Immaculate-/252610953242?hash=item3ad0c9401a:g:lf4AAOSwcLxYFOW s)

Merlin1958
10-29-2016, 01:14 PM
I've managed to obtain one of my grails in the Skeleton Crew S/L. Very, very happy with it as it was and is all I had hoped. Now, onto to The Stand S/L and I'll have all three of my personal Holy Grails!!!

If you have a book or S/L you want/need you may want to throw your hat in the ring here..................

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20601-Merlin-s-Haven-Fund-quot-Secret-Santa-quot-!!!-You-want-to-be-in-on-this!!!

jsmcmullen92
10-29-2016, 08:56 PM
I've managed to obtain one of my grails in the Skeleton Crew S/L. Very, very happy with it as it was and is all I had hoped. Now, onto to The Stand S/L and I'll have all three of my personal Holy Grails!!!

If you have a book or S/L you want/need you may want to throw your hat in the ring here..................

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20601-Merlin-s-Haven-Fund-quot-Secret-Santa-quot-!!!-You-want-to-be-in-on-this!!!
Were you the one that one the one yesterday for 570? If so you out bid me by $10. Congrats!

becca69
10-30-2016, 05:25 PM
Revised List:
1. Lettered Regulators
2. Regulators S/L
3. Firestarter S/L
4. Asbestos Firestarter
5. Legends S/L

some pretty lofty goals! I love #6 personalized all to you? or others/old inscriptions?

Well, to me of course! I have a few already ;)

(And those are super lofty goals but I got most of the ones on my old list which I thought I would never own, so maybe putting it in writing helps. :lol: )

wizardsrainbow
11-16-2016, 10:13 PM
Not sure I can come up with 10 King items that I want, and some things are likely unattainable/off limits but here are some things I'm after:

1) Maine Review - 1st appearance of Lardass Hogan
2) Sphere UK Gunslinger proof (attained) - now I NEED to get it signed!
3) Gunslinger manuscript (likely unattainable)
4) The Clearing - original Forest Scene painting in DT VII by Michael Whelan (likely unattainable)
5) a Bernie Wrightson remarqued Wolves of the Calla (likely unattainable)
6) Regulators S/L with check made out to Betts Books (I own the Lettered version of Betts, but the S/L Betts is out there somewhere)

That's all that comes to my immediate mind...lofty/expensive goals to be sure....maybe I can attain one or two in the years ahead.

TCCBodhi
11-17-2016, 12:50 AM
1. Dark Tower Complete Numbered Set
2. The Stand S/L
3. Regulators S/L
4. Asbestos Firestarter
5. Carrie 1st/1st Flatsigned
6. Salem's Lot 1st/1st Flatsigned
7. Lord Of The Rings 1st/1st Set (Including The Hobbit)
8. IT S/L
9. The Talisman S/L
10. Original Whelan art or Rachel Readman's kickass painted Crimson King Sculpture. Or Maitz. Or Hale. Or Wrightson. Or.....

herbertwest
11-17-2016, 01:30 AM
Not sure I can come up with 10 King items that I want, and some things are likely unattainable/off limits but here are some things I'm after:

4) The Clearing - original Forest Scene painting in DT VII by Michael Whelan (likely unattainable)
6) Regulators S/L with check made out to Betts Books (I own the Lettered version of Betts, but the S/L Betts is out there somewhere)

That's all that comes to my immediate mind...lofty/expensive goals to be sure....maybe I can attain one or two in the years ahead.

"Sphere UK Gunslinger proof (attained)"
>>> So are you the one that recently went for sale at an incredible cheap price?

wizardsrainbow
11-17-2016, 03:10 AM

"Sphere UK Gunslinger proof (attained)"
>>> So are you the one that recently went for sale at an incredible cheap price?

No, I wish....I bought from a generous member here, but I saw that one passed much more cheaply recently...Hyraxia Books got it. (and think sold it already)

at_one
11-18-2016, 02:23 PM
It looks like this has started in "collecting questions", I'm thinking a dedicated thread would be more fun. Maybe one of the mods can combine?

Here's mine:

1. Sphere/Viking/Plume Gunslinger ARC/Proof
2. Plume Orange wraps DotT ARC/Proof
3.The Stand portfolio #1193 (to match my book)
4.Night Shift 1/1
5.Salem's Lot Gift w/ Collector's traycase and set of photographs (still kicking myself in the ass for selling this one some time ago!!!)
6.Skeleton Crew S/L
7.Set of S/L Dark Tower (not necessarily matching #'d)
8.The Stand 1/1 flatsigned and dated in year of publication
9.Firestarter S/L
10.Rage US 1/1

This list is mostly comprised of books I plan on acquiring in the next few years, as I get them they will be replaced by more wants.

I tend to come AND go on this site, but glad to see my wants don't change much over the years. Gotta get some of these one of these days!!!

wizardsrainbow
11-29-2016, 04:14 AM

1) Maine Review - 1st appearance of Lardass Hogan ACQUIRED!

#1 acquired...will be happy for a long while now.

CRinVA
11-29-2016, 01:59 PM
Not ten but these are the most desired!

1 - The Stand S/L
2 - Eyes of the Dragon S/L
3 - Rage
4 - The Regulators S/L
5 - Dolan's Cadillac S/L

Merlin1958
11-29-2016, 05:06 PM
Not ten but these are the most desired!

1 - The Stand S/L
2 - Eyes of the Dragon S/L
3 - Rage
4 - The Regulators S/L
5 - Dolan's Cadillac S/L

Cross those fingers and, "Merlin's Secret Santa" may just make your wish come true!!! We should know in a couple of days!! Good Luck!!

jsmcmullen92
11-29-2016, 06:39 PM
Harry Potter US 1/1
The regulators S/L
Dollan's S/L marbled boards
The shining S/L

HONKYTONKSMASH
11-30-2016, 11:49 AM
Dark Tower Complete Matching set
Salems Lot US 1/1
Night Shift US 1/1
Carrie UK 1/1
Salems Lot UK 1/1
Night Shift UK 1/1
Bachman paperback 1sts UK
Firestarter S/L
IT S/L

Aronstg
12-01-2016, 09:22 PM
My list is pretty small. I managed to get two items last year so I'm hoping to pick up at least one of these this year.

1. IT US 1st Edition Signed
2. Different Seasons US 1st Edition Signed
3. Original art. I'd love to track down a King inspired Whelan piece but a Bernie Wrightson Uncle Creepy piece would be up there also. Neither of those are abundant or super affordable so we will see. I also might need to pull the trigger on one of the Erin Wells CD IT drawings.
4. I'd like to get something associate with the new IT movies. Not sure what will present itself but I'm probably about as excited for these movies as any movies I can think of.

webstar1000
12-02-2016, 04:38 AM
Aron, you have a great list~! I know Regulators is number one.. but my top 5 would be:

1) Regulators Lettered
2) Viking IT proof
3) UK signed IT 1st Edition
4) Firestarter S/L (always regretted letting mine go)
5) RAP set

shaq
12-02-2016, 04:52 AM
Here's mine (top 5)

1 - the stand sl
2 - talisman sl with all artists
3 - christine sl
4 - deadzone easton
5 - it signed 1st to dave

My aim to get my number 1 in next few months...just at the right price.

picontin
12-04-2016, 02:04 AM
Still need this one to make my foreign collection complete:
http://stephenking1sts.com/carrie-soviet-union/

Stockerlone
12-04-2016, 02:15 AM
1. The Stand s/l
2. IT s/l
3. Regulators s/l
4. FDNS s/l maximum remarqued
5. Carrie 1st edition that King inscribed to ME

webstar1000
06-03-2018, 04:32 PM
Aron, you have a great list~! I know Regulators is number one.. but my top 5 would be:

1) Regulators Lettered
2) Viking IT proof - GOT IT
3) UK signed IT 1st Edition - GOT IT
4) Firestarter S/L (always regretted letting mine go)
5) RAP set. - GOT IT

Only 2 left to get!

wizardsrainbow
06-03-2018, 06:01 PM

#2 Asbestos Firestarter

Update:

#1 secured!
#8 secured!
#7 never gonna happen...RIP Bernie!

Rest remain

becca69
06-03-2018, 06:27 PM
Revised List:
1. Lettered Regulators
2. Regulators S/L
3. Firestarter S/L
4. Asbestos Firestarter
5. Legends S/L
6. King signatures/personalizations in all my King books (or in the fundraiser Grand Prize book)

I have to revise this list again!

ur2ndbiggestfan
06-03-2018, 06:45 PM
My top 10 are:

I found every single book on my list but as soon as I opened the NECRONOMICOM these really nasty puke green, slime dripping, barbed with poison claws, gummy bloodshot eyed tentacles sprang forth and slobbered all over every single tome, reducing them to pulsating mounds of noxious smelling boiling puss. I managed to pluck out the TV guide, reducing my hand to a skeletal claw that now kind of twitches a lot.

But hell, it could have been worse...

Ari_Racing
06-04-2018, 08:52 AM
I really love these old threads alive again :)

My list keeps on changing from time to time. This would be my current one, and now in the correct order:

2) Comics Review / Stories of Suspense with I was a teenage grave robber/In a half-world of terror.
3) Phil and Sundance manuscript
4) The Drum with The 43th dream
5) The Drum with Codename: Mousetrap
6) People, Places and Things
7) Sword in the Darkness manuscript
8.) The Aftermath manuscript
9) The Masque of the Read Death adaptation he sold in school.
10) IT Manuscript (yeah...I know about Gerald's auctions, but it'll be way out of my range.

becca69
06-04-2018, 09:23 AM
So many lettered The Regulators on want lists and so few to go around :shoot:

MikeDuke
06-04-2018, 09:26 AM
Here are mine. I know some are not that incredible but I would still like to get them. I only have 5 at the moment though.
1. The Talisman S\L
2. IT S\L
3. Insomnia S\L
4. Desperation S\L
5. Salems' Lot with Second state dust jacket
If I can get those, then I will see what else is out there.

webstar1000
06-04-2018, 09:30 AM

haha I think that is on everyones list that does not have one.

Father Cody
06-04-2018, 09:31 AM
1. The Gunslinger 1st Edition inscribed by King
2. The Stand S/L Coffin
3. EOTD Dragon Rebound Edition
4. Salem’s Lot Second State
5. The Regulators S/L
6. Night Shift 1st Edition inscribed by King
7. Skeleton Crew S/L

AKC
06-04-2018, 09:46 AM
Surprised nobody wants a First Edition ‘Salem’s Lot with a First Edition Dust Jacket.

Well, other than Becca that is..

MikeDuke
06-04-2018, 09:57 AM
Surprised nobody wants a First Edition ‘Salem’s Lot with a First Edition Dust Jacket.

Want and afford are two different things :drool:. I am only putting things up that I might have a chance of getting.

ur2ndbiggestfan
06-04-2018, 11:12 AM

Want and afford are two different things :drool:. I am only putting things up that I might have a chance of getting.

Heck, I got that. No fact, just brag...

Randall Flagg
06-04-2018, 11:44 AM
They are out there, and available at the right price. Think >$8K

ur2ndbiggestfan
06-04-2018, 11:47 AM
I had a chance for a lettered REGULATORS for $4K and I let it go - dummy!

Randall Flagg
06-04-2018, 12:16 PM
I feel your pain. I had a chance for a lettered Firestarter ~1993 for $5K, and a S/L Gunslinger for $1K. Passed on them as I thought that was simply too much money.

ur2ndbiggestfan
06-04-2018, 12:32 PM
I feel your pain. I had a chance for a lettered Firestarter ~1993 for $5K, and a S/L Gunslinger for $1K. Passed on them as I thought that was simply too much money.

Not only that, I passed on a S/L Gunslinger when they were released; L.W. Currey had one for me for $85, but since I'd just joined the party with Grant, I said "One's enough, and that's ten dollars more than asking price!"
I also could have bought a half dozen copies of SIX STORIES for the original price, and bought none! Too much money for a paperback book!
I also passed on the Asbestos FIRESTARTER not once, but twice! For $900 and $1000!
Now I have a headache. Where's the Excedrin anyway?

Aronstg
06-04-2018, 12:37 PM
My list is pretty small. I managed to get two items last year so I'm hoping to pick up at least one of these this year.

1. IT US 1st Edition Signed
2. Different Seasons US 1st Edition Signed
3. Original art. I'd love to track down a King inspired Whelan piece but a Bernie Wrightson Uncle Creepy piece would be up there also. Neither of those are abundant or super affordable so we will see. I also might need to pull the trigger on one of the Erin Wells CD IT drawings.
4. I'd like to get something associate with the new IT movies. Not sure what will present itself but I'm probably about as excited for these movies as any movies I can think of.
5. SK signed book dated on my birthday
6. Signed 1st of Pet Sematary

#1 Obtained
#3 Obtained two of three.

Still keeping my eyes open for a signed 1st of Different Seasons and added a few lines.

becca69
06-04-2018, 01:54 PM

:thumbsup:

MikeDuke
06-04-2018, 03:22 PM

Heck, I got that. No fact, just brag...
I know no one is bragging. It's great that other people can afford the really rare ones. I am a still a youngster when it comes to collecting and I
was only 12 when the first S\L GS came out and young when some of the other stuff came out. Also, I simply did not know about all the different
S\L until much later after they were published. So I am playing catch up. Some I will never have. But I am extremely great full for the ones I do.

Ari_Racing
02-27-2023, 09:23 AM
I really love these old threads alive again :)

My list keeps on changing from time to time. This would be my current one, and now in the correct order:

2) Comics Review / Stories of Suspense with I was a teenage grave robber/In a half-world of terror.
3) Phil and Sundance manuscript
4) The Drum with The 43th dream
5) The Drum with Codename: Mousetrap
6) People, Places and Things
7) Sword in the Darkness manuscript
9) The Masque of the Read Death adaptation he sold in school.
10) IT Manuscript (yeah...I know about Gerald's auctions, but it'll be way out of my range.

Five years later, my list is dfferent again but the good thing is that I got one of the items (Stories of Suspense fanzine). From the one I desire the most to the least one:

1) Maine Review with LardAss hogan's 1st appereance
2) Comics Review 1, 2 and 3.
3) A copy of The Drum with SK's contribution
4) Sword in the Darkness manuscript
5) Phil and Sundance manuscript
6) The set of The Maine Campus with Slade complete.
7) On the Island manuscript
9) The Pit and the pendulum adaptation he sold in school.
10) The Regulators Lettered

wizardsrainbow
02-27-2023, 07:12 PM
A list from me??

1) I own a Sphere Gunslinger proof; want to have it signed
2) basically signed things I own like: Contraband II
3) Carrie (funny, I have 2 signed firsts from Aprril 1974, a signed ARC and a signed UK 1st but no UNSIGNED Carrie US 1st...go figure)
4) signed WTTKH proof
5) red EOTD to Kirby McCauley to go with me Plant set to him

Ben Mears
02-28-2023, 08:32 AM
An opportunity to read:

Sword In The Darkness, The Cannibals and On The Island manuscripts. Don't need to own them, just read them.