PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Haven Fund Raiser...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Merlin1958
12-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Is just around the corner!!!! As most of you seasoned TDT.Org folks know, I am the Haven Fund Whore. As such, I am hard at work, even now, trying to come up with new and cool items for the HF. I need books!!! Preferably 1/1 editions that I can send out to various artists who help us out each year and have them remarqued for auction items.

A few that come to mind are...

Desperation (GE if possible)
The Green Mile
Duma key
Everything's Eventual
The Wasteland's
Dr. Sleep
IT (GE preferred)
SOD Vol I/II
FD/NS
The Talisman
The Dead Zone (Any edition)
The Stand (original or Uncut)

Pretty much any edition illustrated by an artist. Feel free to post or PM me any questions/suggestions, but keep in mind we like to surprise folks with the auction items when they are posted.

Your help and generosity are more than greatly appreciated!!! Ka is a wheel, my friends!!! Happy Holidays to all!!!

Edit: For all you new members that have yet to experience the Haven Fund Raiser, in addition to awesome auction items, there are generally prizes, contests and benefits for donating to the Haven Fund. However, I will leave the finer details for, Jerome to explain. Suffice to say, that in addition to helping the Haven Fund, and all the good karma that brings, there is usually a lot of FUN to be had!!!

The Haven Fund Raiser, officially commences 1/1/14!!!

Shannon
12-07-2013, 12:57 PM
I always love the fundraiser. :)

Speaking of which, have we ever discussed the idea of moving away from the Haven Foundation? Or potentially adding another charity and going 50/50? I'm a sucker for kids, so that is where I would want to go.

Merlin1958
12-07-2013, 01:07 PM
I always love the fundraiser. :)

Speaking of which, have we ever discussed the idea of moving away from the Haven Foundation? Or potentially adding another charity and going 50/50? I'm a sucker for kids, so that is where I would want to go.

Well, I do A LOT of work for charity, not the least of which is for the SHRINER'S who are ALL about the kids, but I have come to compartmentalize my efforts. This is a great cause as well. And since it is sponsored by, Mr. King it seems to me to be very appropriate to this site. I also dedicate my efforts here to the memory of my Mom, and my nephew, Michael. It has been discussed in the past, but I think this is the appropriate charity for this venue. Doesn't mean you can't help out elsewhere as well. The Shriner's rarely advertise, but they do EXTREMELY AWESOME things for kids!!!

Merlin1958
12-09-2013, 11:24 AM
I am especially looking for a 1/1 nice copy of "Everything's Eventual" for our now annual "Remarque Tour". I believe I have been able to add an artist this year to make the edition extra special. If you have a copy and are willing to donate it to this year's HF, not only will you receive "Giveaway" credit, but you will be part of an historic collector item. One of a kind!!!!

PM me if you can help out.

Edit: I think I can include a "Dolso" case as well, and maybe an "Insert Original Art" (like the "Dolso Art Cases") piece as well!!!

Shannon
12-20-2013, 03:10 AM
What are the dates this year? From when to when?

Mr. BB has come up with a great idea for Ambannon Books' auction donation this year. Stay tuned.

stroppygoblin
12-20-2013, 03:49 AM
I am especially looking for a 1/1 nice copy of "Everything's Eventual" for our now annual "Remarque Tour". I believe I have been able to add an artist this year to make the edition extra special. If you have a copy and are willing to donate it to this year's HF, not only will you receive "Giveaway" credit, but you will be part of an historic collector item. One of a kind!!!!

PM me if you can help out.

Edit: I think I can include a "Dolso" case as well, and maybe an "Insert Original Art" (like the "Dolso Art Cases") piece as well!!!

You have a PM Bill

Merlin1958
12-20-2013, 06:14 PM
What are the dates this year? From when to when?

Mr. BB has come up with a great idea for Ambannon Books' auction donation this year. Stay tuned.

1/1/14 - 5/19/14

EE is taken care of!!

stkmw02
12-21-2013, 07:17 AM
I'd be happy to do some artwork again, like last year. And I'll also do personalized short stories or poems. I don't have many extra King books left, but I'll dig through the attic just in case. Any assets I can offer to help!!
Hmmm... I wonder how much money could be raised in the melon thread?

Bad Penny
12-21-2013, 01:29 PM
:emot-roflolmao: infinitly more than is this thread I'd be thinking Crystal :emot-roflolmao:

Merlin1958
12-28-2013, 01:44 AM
"Bomber" the Haven Fund Wonder Dog, hard at work for this year!!!

http://imageshack.com/a/img40/3184/1xhp.jpg

He is ready, are you?????? LOL

Ari_Racing
12-29-2013, 01:42 PM
Just a suggestion:

I think four months is WAY too much time for the fundraiser. Even when a lot of people here contribute and help, last year it became (IMHO) a little boring. I'm pretty sure that it'd raise the same amount in less time (for example, eight weeks) and, at the same time, give the forum a more agile activity.

Merlin1958
12-29-2013, 04:08 PM
Just a suggestion:

I think four months is WAY too much time for the fundraiser. Even when a lot of people here contribute and help, last year it became (IMHO) a little boring. I'm pretty sure that it'd raise the same amount in less time (for example, eight weeks) and, at the same time, give the forum a more agile activity.

I hear what you are saying and I don't necessarily disagree, but the logistics involved in obtaining the auction items is well, massive. I got a late start this year and we are scrambling for items. It has become an almost year round effort, behind the scenes. Therefore, the additional months are quite a blessing. Ari, we can always use an extra pair of hands!!! LOL

Lookwhoitis
12-29-2013, 06:10 PM
4 months also lends time for us folks who are not super flush to earn (and then spend) ducats for charity!

Ari_Racing
12-30-2013, 06:04 AM
LOL. I really wish I could do more but with three jobs, my brain is completely washed by that moment of the day when I finish working. :)

stkmw02
12-30-2013, 04:28 PM
I suggest Ari lends us a little of his winning luck! And, from a "business" perspective, keep up the 4 month time frame this year and discuss possible adjustments for the future. I really don't know very much about the planning (except there is a lot of work involved!) but it would be interesting to have a discussion with the community about how the Haven Fundraiser might be made even more awesome (is it possible for something so awesome to improve??)

For me, I like the reminders and knowing I have more time to find money... or to contribute items for auctions... etc. But perhaps more could be done "behind the scenes" so the actual 'event' is shorter and more, uh, eventful? lol

Merlin1958
12-30-2013, 04:50 PM
I need a copy of "The Wasteland's" for this year. Anyone? Become part of a memorable collectible item!!!

Ari_Racing
12-31-2013, 08:07 AM
For me, I like the reminders and knowing I have more time to find money... or to contribute items for auctions... etc. But perhaps more could be done "behind the scenes" so the actual 'event' is shorter and more, uh, eventful? lol

Excellent idea. :)

Roseannebarr
01-02-2014, 02:14 PM

Was the $5 in the banner a test? I was hoping to be the first person to donate. but when i logged on, someone already donated $5. Was a second again???????????

Merlin1958
01-02-2014, 03:09 PM

Was the $5 in the banner a test? I was hoping to be the first person to donate. but when i logged on, someone already donated $5. Was a second again???????????

Yes, times 2!! LOL You can't beat "The Haven Fund Whore", but the enthusiasm is greatly appreciated!!!

Merlin1958
01-02-2014, 03:22 PM
BTW folks, the "2014 Haven Fundraiser", has officially begun!!!

The "widget" is up (thanks RF!!!) and already taking donations!! There are some very cool items in the works so keep a weather eye out!!

stroppygoblin
01-02-2014, 03:23 PM

The "widget" is up (thanks RF!!!) and already taking donations!! There are some very cool items in the works so keep a weather eye out!!

Been there, seen it, gave a donation! :)

Merlin1958
01-02-2014, 03:26 PM

Been there, seen it, gave a donation! :)

Goblin's: :rock::rock::rock:

mtdman
01-04-2014, 05:01 PM
Made my first of the season.

Merlin1958
01-04-2014, 05:05 PM
Made my first of the season.

You're a good man!!! Many thanks!!!

Merlin1958
01-04-2014, 05:56 PM
We need many more "Generous Souls"!!! C'mon,Folks!! Give o those in need!!! Stephen King Commands it!! LOL

$1, $2 anything you can manage is greatly appreciated!!!

SirFolio16
01-04-2014, 08:41 PM
I will be making a nice donation at the end of the month (bonus time at work).

Merlin1958
01-05-2014, 07:09 PM
You rock, dude!!!

webstar1000
01-06-2014, 04:49 AM
Just donated:) More to come when I finally settle up my DT set!

Merlin1958
01-06-2014, 06:49 AM
Just donated:) More to come when I finally settle up my DT set!

Awesome!!!

Merlin1958
01-06-2014, 03:26 PM
Is just around the corner!!!! As most of you seasoned TDT.Org folks know, I am the Haven Fund Whore. As such, I am hard at work, even now, trying to come up with new and cool items for the HF. I need books!!! Preferably 1/1 editions that I can send out to various artists who help us out each year and have them remarqued for auction items.

A few that come to mind are...

Desperation (GE if possible)
The Green Mile
Duma key
Everything's Eventual
The Wasteland's
Dr. Sleep
IT (GE preferred)
SOD Vol I/II
FD/NS
The Talisman
The Dead Zone (Any edition)
The Stand (original or Uncut)

Pretty much any edition illustrated by an artist. Feel free to post or PM me any questions/suggestions, but keep in mind we like to surprise folks with the auction items when they are posted.

Your help and generosity are more than greatly appreciated!!! Ka is a wheel, my friends!!! Happy Holidays to all!!!

Edit: For all you new members that have yet to experience the Haven Fund Raiser, in addition to awesome auction items, there are generally prizes, contests and benefits for donating to the Haven Fund. However, I will leave the finer details for, Jerome to explain. Suffice to say, that in addition to helping the Haven Fund, and all the good karma that brings, there is usually a lot of FUN to be had!!!

The Haven Fund Raiser, officially commences 1/1/14!!!

Just an update is all.

stroppygoblin
01-06-2014, 03:50 PM
you haven't crossed out Everything's Eventual... Did it not arrive??

Merlin1958
01-06-2014, 03:55 PM
you haven't crossed out Everything's Eventual... Did it not arrive??

Oops!! LOL

Look at the cute "Haven Fund Wonder Dog"!!!

http://imageshack.com/a/img40/3184/1xhp.jpg

What you talking about, Willis???? LOL

mattgreenbean
01-09-2014, 06:40 AM
$10 to the cause. I'll try to make it more before it ends.

stroppygoblin
01-09-2014, 06:52 AM

:clap::rock::clap:

SirFolio16
01-09-2014, 07:41 AM
Just dropped in $100.... more to come when I get my bonus.

Merlin1958
01-09-2014, 07:52 AM

Just dropped in $100.... more to come when I get my bonus.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

evilash
01-09-2014, 08:19 AM
Just donated $100!! 400 seemed much better than 300 LOL!!

Jimimck
01-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Dude you guys rock! Over night its just doubled!

Merlin1958
01-09-2014, 03:16 PM
Just donated $100!! 400 seemed much better than 300 LOL!!

:clap::clap::clap:

Bomber got a "shitload" of treats!!! LOL

Merlin1958
01-09-2014, 04:13 PM
Still need a "Deseration" and "Green Mile" amongst others if they are out there for donation!!!

$435 seems a bit "odd", no? Somebody get on that!! LOL

SirFolio16
01-09-2014, 04:41 PM
I had a good day... $15 more heading your way to even it out....

Anyone out there to get us to $500 today???

Merlin1958
01-09-2014, 04:51 PM
I had a good day... $15 more heading your way to even it out....

Anyone out there to get us to $500 today???

$450 does seem awful freaking close to $500!!!

stroppygoblin
01-09-2014, 05:31 PM
Still need a "Deseration" and "Green Mile" amongst others if they are out there for donation!!!

Dude. Desperation is covered remember? it's on it's way to the agreed destination.....

Merlin1958
01-09-2014, 05:35 PM

Dude. Desperation is covered remember? it's on it's way to the agreed destination.....

My bad, in my defense there are A LOT of transactions to keep track of. A slip here or there will happen. Especially, when I am rushing to catch up and waiting for "official" announcements!! We do need a "Green Mile" though. Plus, I think I have a surprise or two in the wings!!!

Br!an
01-09-2014, 05:39 PM
My bad, in my defense there are A LOT of transactions to keep track of. A slip here or there will happen. Especially, when I am rushing to catch up and waiting for "official" announcements!! We do need a "Green Mile" though. Plus, I think I have a surprise or two in the wings!!!

I have a Brand New 5th printing that came in a CD grab bag. I suppose you aren't looking for 5th printings though. :lol:

Seriously though. How about an updated list of wants?

stroppygoblin
01-09-2014, 05:39 PM
I wasn't going to even mention old age and memory loss :evil:

Keep up the good work Wild Bill !!

Merlin1958
01-09-2014, 05:41 PM
I gotta get a new "Pad". Fresh out of "Yellow Pads" to write this stuff down. I don't know if I'm coming or going these days. Especially with the late start!!! Forgive me fellow members, I'll pick some up tomorrow!!!

At least, "Bomber, The Haven Fund Wonder Dog" is at peace!!!

http://imageshack.com/a/img208/2025/b7ca.jpg

Little "Liam" calms him down!! As well as all the "treats" he's gotten in the last couple of days!!! LOL LOL

Merlin1958
01-09-2014, 05:51 PM
Damn, if I don't LOVE the Fundraiser time!!! Give a little back and it will make you feel good. A man never stands as tall as when he stoops to help another!!!

stroppygoblin
01-09-2014, 05:57 PM
Damn, if I don't LOVE the Fundraiser time!!! Give a little back and it will make you feel good. A man never stands as tall as when he stoops to help another!!!

Not many stand as tall as you Bill! :emot-roflolmao:

Merlin1958
01-09-2014, 06:04 PM

Not many stand as tall as you Bill! :emot-roflolmao:

I mean no disrespect and I am 6' 9" tall, but I take this rather seriously. You do what you can, when you can and if you can. No more, no less. That is my philosophy and was Mr. Steinbreners's as well. "If more than two people are aware of "charity" it is no longer a "charitable" event. I modify it a bit to "hawk" for the "Haven Fund", but at it's core well, that is my belief.

SirFolio16
01-09-2014, 07:53 PM
Ok my last $25 until the end of the month.

$500 Hell Yeah!!!

Merlin1958
01-10-2014, 07:07 PM
Well, 2014 may have the potential to be a record year for the HF. Therefore, in my capacity as "The Haven Fund Facilitator" I am appointing "Stroppygoblin" as "The Haven Fund Goblin" and "Sirfolio16" as "The Assistant Haven Fund Whore". You should both be very proud!! LOL

SirFolio16
01-10-2014, 07:38 PM
Lol... I accept my new designation with pride.

Today we only went up by $5.... I just had a great workout.... so I will drop another bit... $550 isn't a bad ending point for the day.

Merlin1958
01-10-2014, 07:41 PM
Lol... I accept my new designation with pride.

Today we only went up by $5.... I just had a great workout.... so I will drop another bit... $550 isn't a bad ending point for the day.

As well you should!! I, at least, consider it a badge of honor. A person never stands as tall as when they stoop to help another!!! Thanks for the "bump"!! I popped the $5.00!!

SirFolio16
01-10-2014, 07:48 PM
This is my first HV fundraiser and I would love to see it be a record breaking year. I intend on making many more donations, but if there is any other way I can be of assistance just let me know.

Are you still in need of any books?

Merlin1958
01-10-2014, 07:54 PM
This is my first HV fundraiser and I would love to see it be a record breaking year. I intend on making many more donations, but if there is any other way I can be of assistance just let me know.

Are you still in need of any books?

A "Green Mile" and Rose Madder" for Mr. Geyer might help.

SirFolio16
01-10-2014, 07:57 PM
If the Green Mile Sub Gift Edition will do then consider it yours. I have one on hold I will pay for it on Tues and have it shipped to whatever address works for you.

SirFolio16
01-10-2014, 08:03 PM
Lol... so how do I get a cool scrolling title bar above my avatar??? I have to admit I have scrolling title bar envy... lol

Merlin1958
01-10-2014, 08:28 PM
Lol... so how do I get a cool scrolling title bar above my avatar??? I have to admit I have scrolling title bar envy... lol

Well, that takes time of service, my friend. I didn't get named the "Haven Fund Whore" in my first rodeo!!! LOL

That took years of annoying everyone here to achieve!! LOL

SirFolio16
01-10-2014, 08:33 PM
LOL

stroppygoblin
01-11-2014, 12:23 AM
Well, 2014 may have the potential to be a record year for the HF. Therefore, in my capacity as "The Haven Fund Facilitator" I am appointing "Stroppygoblin" as "The Haven Fund Goblin" and "Sirfolio16" as "The Assistant Haven Fund Whore". You should both be very proud!! LOL

:blush: Ye Gads! I got the job and didn't even interview!
Thanks Bill, Funds are not endless my end, which just means I will be being inventive when it comes to squeezing donations from others!
Be warned, a Goblin on your back is not a pretty sight! :evil:

stroppygoblin
01-11-2014, 12:25 AM

I don't think I have the awesome 'POWER OF SCROLL!' (Dramatic music in the background) but I can at least change my title!

SirFolio16
01-11-2014, 06:15 AM
That's great Stroppy... your title suits you.

Hopefully I can live up to mine.

SirFolio16
01-11-2014, 10:43 AM
If anyone else donates today I will bring the total to the next Hundred at the end of the day....

Merlin1958
01-11-2014, 01:22 PM
If anyone else donates today I will bring the total to the next Hundred at the end of the day....

You're up!! LOL

SirFolio16
01-11-2014, 02:46 PM
As promised. .. we are now at $600

Merlin1958
01-11-2014, 02:53 PM
As promised. .. we are now at $600

AWESOME!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caPDk3iwb_M

SirFolio16
01-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Ok... so we had a small jump today... if everyone else can get the total to at least $700 by tomorrow (1/12/14) night (10 PM EST) I will drop another $100 into the pot.

SirFolio16
01-11-2014, 09:02 PM
Decided to give myself a 2014 Haven Foundation Fundraiser makeover... lol

stroppygoblin
01-12-2014, 04:45 AM
Decided to give myself a 2014 Haven Foundation Fundraiser makeover... lol

THAT's how he looked for the official Photo. This is what he looks like when in full Assistant Haven Fund Whore garb!

http://cmster.com/media/UOjZHmGusyAtVLV49FLG5rczNDGdtrC7PqneLXgvUoXXN6YoqD 7iu9umutMDfmAA.jpg

How else do you think he's raising all that money???

stroppygoblin
01-12-2014, 04:46 AM
Added my own temporary makeover.Not much out there in the way of Minions and Goblins, so went for the Minion Roland look...

SirFolio16
01-12-2014, 05:12 AM
Damn stroppy... how did you find that photo of me... its true what they say once its on the net its out there forever.... so many mistakes made in college.... LOL

Merlin1958
01-12-2014, 07:07 PM
Added my own temporary makeover.Not much out there in the way of Minions and Goblins, so went for the Minion Roland look...

Damn stroppy... how did you find that photo of me... its true what they say once its on the net its out there forever.... so many mistakes made in college.... LOL

You guys are cracking me up!!! :wtf::thumbsup:

Be afraid, be very afraid. It would appear that the ranks of my "Haven Fund Minions" are growing!!!

Do YOU have what it takes to be one of my "Minions"?

If, my "Minions" grow to exceed single digits I will even change my "Avatar" to reflect "Despicable Me". As you all are well acquainted, I NEVER change my beloved "Avatar!!!

I have "invited" a few folks, but I think it is better that I get "Volunteers" for the most part. So, if you think you rate, PM me and be sworn in!!!

Jimimck
01-12-2014, 09:06 PM
Zombie Minion is on the case!

SirFolio16
01-13-2014, 06:29 AM
Decided to go all out and try to grab some serious attention... lol.

My offer still stands. As soon as the total gets up to $700 I will add $100 additional.

Jon
01-13-2014, 11:27 AM
The temperature is rising and the blood is flowing.

CRinVA
01-13-2014, 11:34 AM
Have you donated today! - I have

Merlin1958
01-13-2014, 02:43 PM
:clap::thumbsup::wtf:

My "Minions" are growing!!!!!

:nana::nana::nana:

Jimimck
01-13-2014, 02:49 PM
Loving Bomber Minion!

Merlin1958
01-13-2014, 02:54 PM
Loving Bomber Minion!

That is a classic for sure!! LOL

cit74
01-13-2014, 02:56 PM
I think I got my avatar working now

Merlin1958
01-13-2014, 03:00 PM
Awesome, Chad!!!

Merlin1958
01-13-2014, 03:44 PM
Let's have a little contest. My "Minions" will come up with a contest, game etc. to raise funds for the 2014 Haven Fund. The most innovative and productive "scheme" will win a $100 donation to the Haven Fund, thereby earning ten (10) entries into the "Grand Prize Giveaway" drawing!!

You must be an official "Minion" (PM me or signify in your sig/avatar) to enter. All entries must be in relatively good taste (at least as it pertains to these boards) LOL Jerome and I will be the final judges and determine the winner. It would be advisable to PM/pitch the ideas to me in advance. All decisions are final. An entry into the "Grand prize Giveaway" does not guaranty any winnings.

stroppygoblin
01-13-2014, 04:06 PM
OK here's mine.
There is a game called 'Minion Rush' It is available for Iphone/ipod/Android and PC. The competition is the person who posts a picture of the highest score. The game is free to download on all platforms via the specific OS appstores.

Minimum $1 entry fee to be eligible to win.

http://media01.gameloft.com/products/1677/default/web/android-games/screenshots/screen003.jpg

Jimimck
01-13-2014, 04:53 PM
OK here's mine.
There is a game called 'Minion Rush' It is available for Iphone/ipod/Android and PC. The competition is the person who posts a picture of the highest score. The game is free to download on all platforms via the specific OS appstores.

http://media01.gameloft.com/products/1677/default/web/android-games/screenshots/screen003.jpg

Aaagghhh I just deleted that app cos it was so frustrating and addictive. :pullhair:

(Goes back to AppStore to download again)

dnemec
01-13-2014, 05:01 PM

My offer still stands. As soon as the total gets up to $700 I will add $100 additional.

I made my first donation to the Haven Fund and put us up to $700. :rock:

Pay up, SirFolio!!!

Merlin1958
01-13-2014, 05:02 PM
OK here's mine.

You will also need a "prize". Another $20 from you and me? LOL It's expensive being a "HF Whore" ain't it? LOL

Merlin1958
01-13-2014, 05:04 PM

I made my first donation to the Haven Fund and put us up to $700. :rock:

Pay up, SirFolio!!!

Well said!! She's got you, dude!! LOL

stroppygoblin
01-13-2014, 05:05 PM
OK here's mine.

You will also need a "prize". Another $20 from you and me? LOL It's expensive being a "HF Whore" ain't it? LOL

OK 2 x $20 donation from Bill and Me - I'll update the main thread

dnemec
01-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Hooray! I'm an evil minion!

Merlin1958
01-13-2014, 05:20 PM
Hooray! I'm an evil minion!

Yes, you are!! Welcome aboard!!!! We shall rule the boards!!! LOL

$720 and growing!!!

Now where is that "slacker Sirfolio16"???? LOL LOL LOL

SirFolio16
01-13-2014, 05:22 PM
I am nothing if not a minion of my word... $100 added.

I will drop another $100 on Friday if it gets over $1000!

Merlin1958
01-13-2014, 05:30 PM

Now that's a minion I can truly love!!! LOL LOL Thanks for the donation!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

New Yorker's really ROCK!!!! LOL

stroppygoblin
01-13-2014, 05:30 PM

Dude - you are awesome!

https://ringgitplus.com/img/wysiwyg/how-much-would-you-pay-for-a-minion.726664756.jpg

You are either a Merchant Banker or a Drug Dealer! Hopefully it's the more socially acceptable Drug Dealer :)

Ben Staad
01-13-2014, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the awesome and generous donations! Great job.

SirFolio16
01-13-2014, 05:59 PM
Nope not a drug dealer... lol
I have been putting money aside for this fundraiser ever since I learned about it.

Now lets get this thing over $1000 already. Friday will be here soon and I will have $100 burning a hole in my pocket!!!

Merlin1958
01-13-2014, 06:12 PM
Okay, it has been mentioned as to when I will change my "Avatar" to reflect the whole "HF Minions" phenomena. Well, it's no secret to everyone here just how attached I am to that inter-locking "N" & "Y" and I absolutely NEVER change it even on "halloween" however, since there has been such overwhelming support this year for the HF I will change my "avatar" when we reach the stated $2,500 "widget goal". I have already updated my signature, which I am always reluctant to do, to reflect my "Despicable HF Minions"!!!

So, let's get to the "donating"!!! I believe our short term goal is $1,000 by Friday? Let's get busy, my "Minions"!!!! LOL

Merlin1958
01-13-2014, 07:05 PM
Oh my Lord!! "Bomber, the Haven Fund Wonder Dog" is getting sooooo many treats!!!

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/341/bomber2002.jpg

CRinVA
01-14-2014, 06:15 AM

Be afraid, be very afraid. It would appear that the ranks of my "Haven Fund Minions" are growing!!!

If, my "Minions" grow to exceed single digits I will even change my "Avatar" to reflect "Despicable Me". As you all are well acquainted, I NEVER change my beloved "Avatar!!!

I have "invited" a few folks, but I think it is better that I get "Volunteers" for the most part. So, if you think you rate, PM me and be sworn in!!!

Oh Dispicable Haven Whore leader, are ya changing your beloved Avatar after there are 10 Haven Fund Minions or when the donations reach $2,500???

The (arf arf growl, I am not insubordinate Brooklyn) Bomber Minion wants to know! :tongue1:

Merlin1958
01-14-2014, 07:13 AM

Oh Dispicable Haven Whore leader, are ya changing your beloved Avatar after there are 10 Haven Fund Minions or when the donations reach $2,500???

The (arf arf growl, I am not insubordinate Brooklyn) Bomber Minion wants to know! :tongue1:

As my fellow devoted "Yankee" fan on these boards, what say you???

SirFolio16
01-14-2014, 07:19 AM
What about a compromise?

http://pics.cdn.librarything.com/picsizes/db/4d/db4dd113bf3c925636a30396941434b41716b42.jpg

cit74
01-14-2014, 07:21 AM
now i like that - TIME TO CHANGE!!!!!

Merlin1958
01-14-2014, 07:22 AM
Did I get it right?

Edit: Hell yeah!!! LOL

SirFolio16
01-14-2014, 07:23 AM
Looks great... hopefully everyone will be pleased.

Merlin1958
01-14-2014, 07:25 AM
Looks great... hopefully everyone will be pleased.

Looks great!! uh oh, that's the Steinbrenner phone ringing!!! LOL

SirFolio16
01-14-2014, 07:47 AM
Are you ok though?... I know it hurts now but you can get through this...

Do you want the number for a great Avatar withdrawal help center???

Or a banana???

http://pics.cdn.librarything.com/picsizes/fc/65/fc653a27cc84fb8636c38396941434b41716b42.jpg

Be strong... you have a minion army to help get you through this... lol

ICry4Oy
01-14-2014, 08:28 AM
Donated...that uneven number just looked so wrong :D

stroppygoblin
01-14-2014, 08:33 AM
papple?

P.S - just kicked in my 2 prize donations for Anagrams II and Minions Game

SirFolio16
01-14-2014, 08:37 AM
:rock:AWESOME!!!:dance:

Well we hit the $1000 mark.... I will drop in my extra $100 on Friday as promised.

If we can make it to $1500 by Friday I will make it $250!!!

stroppygoblin
01-14-2014, 08:45 AM

Well we hit the $1000 mark.... I will drop in my extra $100 on Friday as promised.

Haven Fund Heroes are on the job...

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/stroppygoblin/superhero-minion_zpsb5b75a16.jpg (http://s938.photobucket.com/user/stroppygoblin/media/superhero-minion_zpsb5b75a16.jpg.html)

Will YOU be a hero too?

SirFolio16
01-14-2014, 08:48 AM
OH NO!!!!!!

You just gave away my secret...

OK... I admit it... I am BATMINION!!!!

stroppygoblin
01-14-2014, 08:50 AM
OH NO!!!!!!

OK...well I'm still the Haven Fund Goblin.... - i'm just wearing fancy dress :)

Merlin1958
01-14-2014, 09:17 AM
Donated...that uneven number just looked so wrong :D

papple?

P.S - just kicked in my 2 prize donations for Anagrams II and Minions Game

Haven Fund Heroes are on the job...

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/stroppygoblin/superhero-minion_zpsb5b75a16.jpg (http://s938.photobucket.com/user/stroppygoblin/media/superhero-minion_zpsb5b75a16.jpg.html)

Will YOU be a hero too?

OH NO!!!!!!

OK...well I'm still the Haven Fund Goblin.... - i'm just wearing fancy dress :)

What a great bunch of minions!!!!!!

webstar1000
01-14-2014, 09:55 AM
I am here to do your bidding... I may look a little drunk but I'm good:)

ICry4Oy
01-14-2014, 10:26 AM
I like my avatar too much to change it so here's a minion'ish(it?) one if someone wants it:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5545/11951543136_241ca75390_m.jpg

Fall of Gilead
01-14-2014, 02:43 PM
That is minion-tastic!

Merlin1958
01-14-2014, 02:44 PM
Attention!!!!

Our beloved, Director has authorized the following announcement. From the date and time of this post and forward haven Fund donations will net you the following "perks"!!!

$50 Will get you "Gold Member" status and allow you to change your member title anytime and to anything you so desire in perpetuity!!!

$100 Will get you a customized, scrolling and color member title good until 12 midnight, 5/19/14

All titles are subject to the site' rules and regulations. Donations must be "lump sum", donations and are subject to verification. When you make your donation you must PM me, The Despicable One with your request and allow 3 to 4 days for processing. item donations do not count. This offer is strictly for the Haven Fund Widget donations. Your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited. LOL

Now, my minions, go forth and donate!!!

CRinVA
01-14-2014, 02:52 PM
So my $50 donation though the widget yesterday doesn"t count!!!!!!

Merlin1958
01-14-2014, 03:02 PM
So my $50 donation though the widget yesterday doesn"t count!!!!!!

Sorry I didn't make the rules I just posted them!!! LOL It does still go towards a great cause and 5 "giveaway" entries!!!

SirFolio16
01-14-2014, 03:06 PM
Awesome... I'm donating at least $100 on Friday... and hopefully $250... if the pot gets to the $1500 goal.

Then I can stop having scrolling bar envy.... lol

Merlin1958
01-14-2014, 04:51 PM
$1,050!!!!!

For some reason, "1040" gave me "goose-bumps"!!! LOL

Merlin1958
01-14-2014, 04:56 PM
Just a quick update, though we were a bit tardy in lining up "auction items" they are steadily coming to fruition and the first ones should start trickling in perhaps, as early as next week. There are some "Doozies" as always. The weather in the north has played a role. Fortunately, The HF is a "marathon" and we have time. However, keep a "weather eye" out on the boards. You will not want to miss out on a single item!!!!!!

Jimimck
01-14-2014, 05:06 PM
Loving all the chatter and work Team Minion!
Looking forward to posting some items for sale soon too to raise some more funds.

Zombie Minion says watch this space.

Joe315
01-14-2014, 05:07 PM
I am now a minion!!

Merlin1958
01-14-2014, 05:24 PM
I am now a minion!!

Welcome aboard!!!

"Joe" has been kind enough to participate in a very "Special Haven Fund Auction Item"!!!

Merlin1958
01-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Damned if this isn't getting to be a very "happening" thread!!! LOL

We're "halfway" to $1,100.00!!!

Sirfolio16, help me. Whatever will I do when "pitchers and catchers" report to Spring Training???? LOL :panic:

cit74
01-14-2014, 05:34 PM
As a minion I am here to obey and serve…in case anyone may have forgotten here is a little teaser of last year's Grand Prize:
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/King/CalebampIT2_zps1c34d3d4.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/King/CalebampIT2_zps1c34d3d4.jpg.html)

Not the boy…the book

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/King/CalebampIT3_zps0d41c46d.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/King/CalebampIT3_zps0d41c46d.jpg.html)

And don't be afraid to make simple requests - as we were VERY pleasantly surprised:

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/King/SKIT6_zpse42a2845.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/King/SKIT6_zpse42a2845.jpg.html)

Merlin1958
01-14-2014, 05:39 PM
Okay, here you go. On the "1961 New York Yankee World Series team" six players hit 20 or more Home runs. Name them for a $20 donation in your name. No googling!!! You're on your honor here!!!

Merlin1958
01-14-2014, 05:42 PM
As a minion I am here to obey and serve…in case anyone may have forgotten here is a little teaser of last year's Grand Prize:
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/King/CalebampIT2_zps1c34d3d4.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/King/CalebampIT2_zps1c34d3d4.jpg.html)

Not the boy…the book

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/King/CalebampIT3_zps0d41c46d.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/King/CalebampIT3_zps0d41c46d.jpg.html)

And don't be afraid to make simple requests - as we were VERY pleasantly surprised:

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/King/SKIT6_zpse42a2845.jpg (http://s287.photobucket.com/user/chadtarter/media/King/SKIT6_zpse42a2845.jpg.html)

Whoa!!!

George at C-Springs
01-14-2014, 06:57 PM
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/chadtarter/King/CalebampIT3_zps0d41c46d.jpg

There is no way in hell I would let either one of my kids near that book. You are a brave, brave man.

Jimimck
01-14-2014, 06:59 PM
With that inscription, seems a bit mean not to let Chad near the book lol! :tongue:

cit74
01-14-2014, 07:07 PM
Oh his hands were washed, completely dried and the photo shoot took a few seconds…and then I bought an unsigned edition so he can touch that one

Joe315
01-14-2014, 07:33 PM
Okay, here you go. On the "1961 New York Yankee World Series team" six players hit 20 or more Home runs. Name them for a $20 donation in your name. No googling!!! You're on your honor here!!!

I only know 3. :)

Merlin1958
01-14-2014, 07:42 PM

Well, Mantle and Maris are sort of "givens", but what else you got?

stkmw02
01-14-2014, 07:55 PM
I've got a few ideas cooking...

Merlin1958
01-14-2014, 07:56 PM
So, a couple other folks have tentatively agreed to become "Minions". In their honor I have donated another $10, but now we have another "weird" number!!! $1,060!!! What ever can we do???

Merlin1958
01-14-2014, 07:57 PM
I've got a few ideas cooking...

Lord have mercy, I have been waiting on you, Krystle!!! You ROCK, as always!!!

Merlin1958
01-14-2014, 08:03 PM
BTW, It perhaps should be mentioned that aside from my "Minions" promo, there are many other members behind the scenes who have either donated books or otherwise for the Haven Fund. You know who you are and I (we) are extremely grateful for your generosity. I'll leave it to you individuals to either "out" yourselves or not.

The Haven Fund Rules!!!

stkmw02
01-14-2014, 08:06 PM
If there is interest, I'd be happy to do remarque's, art cards, and/or personalized stories like last year... and let me know what books you still need donated. I'll see my used book supplier this week.

But I do have something extra special in mind. ;)

CyberGhostface
01-14-2014, 08:07 PM
Changed my av. :)

Merlin1958
01-14-2014, 08:11 PM
If there is interest, I'd be happy to do remarque's, art cards, and/or personalized stories like last year... and let me know what books you still need donated. I'll see my used book supplier this week.

But I do have something extra special in mind. ;)

Changed my av. :)

You guys seriously, ROCK!!!

Krystle, the art you did last year would be very awesome!!!

Merlin1958
01-14-2014, 08:15 PM
My "HF Minions" are the absolute BEST folks!! Thanks to you all!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?17946-I-know-it-s-early-but-still-I-want-to-thank...

Joe315
01-14-2014, 08:21 PM

Yogi Berra. That's all I could think of without going to google.

Merlin1958
01-14-2014, 08:43 PM

Yogi Berra. That's all I could think of without going to google.

Good job, but there are 3 more!!!

Hint: Three of them were "Catchers"

stroppygoblin
01-14-2014, 11:17 PM
This quiz question is out of my league!

...Gettit? 'Out of my league'..... No?

Wow tough crowd...

Jimimck
01-14-2014, 11:22 PM
Agreed stroppy. Maybe we need to bust out some Rugby World Cup trivia questions?

Bad Penny
01-15-2014, 01:34 AM
In keeping with the spirit of the HF, here's a little competition for all comers :smile:

Over the past 12 months, I've commissioned an original insert piece from Glenn Chadbourne for each and every one of Stephen King's trade pubications (fiction - not books such as Danse Macabre, On Writing, etc).

This commission is all done, complete, finished - except for one last piece needed to round out the complete set.

I've been posting these insert pieces (as they've been completed by Glenn) into my collection thread (see link below) over the past 12 months - the first being posted on or about January 18th, 2013, the last piece (well, second last) posted just this evening.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?15112-Book-Collection-Bad-Penny

The task is relatively simple - if someone can tell me which piece is missing (ie- the name of the book) I'll donate $250 to the cause :smile:

Ben Staad
01-15-2014, 04:51 AM
Very nice offer!

In keeping with the spirit of the HF, here's a little competition for all comers :smile:

Over the past 12 months, I've commissioned an original insert piece from Glenn Chadbourne for each and every one of Stephen King's trade pubications (fiction - not books such as Danse Macabre, On Writing, etc).

This commission is all done, complete, finished - except for one last piece needed to round out the complete set.

I've been posting these insert pieces (as they've been completed by Glenn) into my collection thread (see link below) over the past 12 months - the first being posted on or about January 18th, 2013, the last piece (well, second last) posted just this evening.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?15112-Book-Collection-Bad-Penny

The task is relatively simple - if someone can tell me which piece is missing (ie- the name of the book) I'll donate $250 to the cause :smile:

CRinVA
01-15-2014, 06:29 AM
Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, Yogi Berra, Elston Howard, Bill Moose Skowron!

Wow I can only come up with 5 I think. Richardson, Kubek and Boyer on the roster but they were not HR hitters!

I may have to google it just to know the answer!

:YYY:

Merlin1958
01-15-2014, 08:51 AM

Wow I can only come up with 5 I think. Richardson, Kubek and Boyer on the roster but they were not HR hitters!

Sooooo close....

Hint:
Three were catchers

mattgreenbean
01-15-2014, 10:23 AM

Well I've been following your project pretty closely. I believe its...

The Talisman

Bad Penny
01-15-2014, 12:52 PM

Well I've been following your project pretty closely. I believe its...

The Talisman

Alllrightt Matt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your fine eye and attention to detail has just bagged the HF $250 !!!!

Widgetting in a minute :smile:

SirFolio16
01-15-2014, 12:54 PM
AWESOME Bad Penny!!!!

Just a bit more to reach the $1500 goal by Friday... remember I will drop another $250 if we get there!!!

Bad Penny
01-15-2014, 12:54 PM
And ... done ... Congratulations again Matt (well, you didn't actually win anything, but you have bumped the widgeometer up a couple of points) :P

mattgreenbean
01-15-2014, 03:01 PM
Thanks Grant, I enjoyed re-looking through all the drawings. I'll take credit for 1% of the donation.

Merlin1958
01-15-2014, 04:01 PM
And ... done ... Congratulations again Matt (well, you didn't actually win anything, but you have bumped the widgeometer up a couple of point) :P

You could PM, Jerome and credit all or a portion of the "Giveaway Entries" to, Matt. We max out and ten entries into the drawing.

In any case, Bad Penny and Matt ROCK!!!!

$1,330!!!!!!

Merlin1958
01-15-2014, 04:51 PM
Okay, my minions. Your first "task", each one of my minions should go forth and recruit one (1) new "Minion" into the family. Each new minion must "prove" his loyalty with a $5 donation to the Haven Fund. Of course, they must also reflect their "Minion" status and commitment by changing their Avatar/Sig to reflect that they are "Minions"!!! PM me with new "recruits" to keep track of each in the "I know it's early" thread.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?17946-I-know-it-s-early-but-still-I-want-to-thank...

Spread the Word, My Minions!!!

cit74
01-15-2014, 05:17 PM
I have two bigger ticket items up for sale on Ebay now - I will take a lower amount from anyone on the forum and donate HALF of the total amount to the Haven Fund AND give Credit for half of that donation to the buyer for the grand prize drawing. Free shipping in US and split shipping international. Here are the two sets:

Patrick Rothfuss limited The Adventures of the Princess and Mr Whiffle - books 1 & 2 - $350 (Camelot has book 1 for $400)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Patrick-Rothfuss-Adventures-of-the-Princess-Mr-Whiffle-Signed-Limited-SET-/321299336977?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item4aceeecf11

Veronica Roth Divergent trilogy (Insurgent is not in the greatest shape) - $350
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Veronica-Roth-Signed-1st-printing-SET-Divergent-Insurgent-Allegiant-/321299273162?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item4aceedd5ca

Merlin1958
01-15-2014, 05:32 PM
Minions, are truly AWESOME!!! Thank you, Chad!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

Merlin1958
01-15-2014, 06:01 PM
We need to hit $1,500.00 by Friday to get, Sirfolio16's bonus donation. C'mon folks, dig deep and have your generosity matched!!!

We are doing so freaking great and the auctions have yet to begin!!! Let's "Blow" that goal right out of the park!!!!!!

ICry4Oy
01-15-2014, 06:05 PM
...testing sig pic...

Merlin1958
01-15-2014, 06:09 PM
LOL Good one!!!

EXPLORER
01-15-2014, 06:51 PM
My Goodness ... stay away for a few days and all sorts of GOODNESS appears to be flowing here.... Always great to see HF getting support!

becca69
01-15-2014, 06:51 PM
I'll be donating the sales (less fees) of these books to the Haven Foundation - all starting at $9.99:

Signed The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by Anne Rice
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111258033064?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Signed Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111258037767?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Signed The Twistrose Key by Tone Almhjell
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111258042959?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Joe315
01-15-2014, 11:24 PM
http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/084/7/b/become_a_minion_sign_by_chathammkw-d5z9nfe.jpg

Bad Penny
01-16-2014, 12:17 AM
And ... done ... Congratulations again Matt (well, you didn't actually win anything, but you have bumped the widgeometer up a couple of point) :P

You could PM, Jerome and credit all or a portion of the "Giveaway Entries" to, Matt. We max out and ten entries into the drawing.

In any case, Bad Penny and Matt ROCK!!!!

$1,330!!!!!!

Sterling idea Wild Bill - taken on board and acted upon accordingly ... Gratz Matt, you did win something after all - $250 worth of entries to the HF 2014 Grand Prize draw :smile:

Bad Penny
01-16-2014, 12:45 AM
Seeing Chad's post of the 2014 Grand Prize reminded me that, whilst not all of us can win the big banana, there's always plenty more fine items coming up for auction :smile:

I believe, if memory serves me correctly, that I may have one or two of these somewhere's upstairs :P

The Wastelands 3-D Dolso Case with Insert Art & Remarque by Ned Dameron (2013)

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg502/GrantWootton/HF%202013%20Auction%20-%20The%20Waste%20Lands/WL10.jpg

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg502/GrantWootton/HF%202013%20Auction%20-%20The%20Waste%20Lands/WL2.jpg

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg502/GrantWootton/HF%202013%20Auction%20-%20The%20Waste%20Lands/WL1.jpg

Jake & Oy Sculpture (2013) by Rachel Readman

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg502/GrantWootton/Jake%20and%20Oy%20Silflay%20Sculpture%20Rachel%20R eadman/JO6.jpg

Everything's Eventual (2012 Auction) - Dolso Case, Chadbourne Insert Art and Various Remarques

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg502/GrantWootton/Dolso%20Cases/EE3.jpg

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg502/GrantWootton/Everythings%20Eventual/EE2C.jpg

Everything's Eventual (2013 Auction) - Dolso Case, Chadbourne Etched Cover Art and Various Remarques

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg502/GrantWootton/Everythings%20Eventual/EE1A.jpg

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg502/GrantWootton/Everythings%20Eventual/EE1C.jpg

And, not forgetting my personal favourite (FDNS Ratacular) :P

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg502/GrantWootton/Remarques%20and%20Interior%20Art/Untitled-104.jpg

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg502/GrantWootton/Remarques%20and%20Interior%20Art/Untitled-103.jpg

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg502/GrantWootton/Remarques%20and%20Interior%20Art/Untitled-101.jpg

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg502/GrantWootton/Remarques%20and%20Interior%20Art/FDNS7-2.jpg

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg502/GrantWootton/Remarques%20and%20Interior%20Art/FDNS5-1.jpg

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg502/GrantWootton/Everythings%20Eventual/EE1G.jpg

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg502/GrantWootton/Everythings%20Eventual/EE1F.jpg

Constant Reader Sculpture (2012) by Rachel Readman

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg502/GrantWootton/Ephemera/P7230045.jpg

The Stand (2013) Double Remarqued by Alex McVey

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg502/GrantWootton/The%20Stand/THESTAND3.jpg

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg502/GrantWootton/The%20Stand/THESTAND2.jpg

Shannon
01-16-2014, 01:41 AM
You guys are fuckin' crazy, lol. Keep it up!

Becca, I bid on all three of your books and the beautiful Styxx book as well.

becca69
01-16-2014, 06:06 AM
You guys are fuckin' crazy, lol. Keep it up!

Becca, I bid on all three of your books and the beautiful Styxx book as well.

I woke up this morning and just saw that. Thanks Shannon! Now we just need more bidders :ninja:

So everyone, take one for the team and bid on a book for you or your loved one!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111258033064?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111258037767?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111258042959?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

CRinVA
01-16-2014, 06:29 AM

Sooooo close....

Hint:
Three were catchers

Somewhere I buried a bone, a treat for later! Then my Haven Whoremaster gave me a hint, or shall I say treat, Three were catchers! Elston Howard was the primary catcher, Yogi Berra a catcher by trade was now in the outfield. Who as the backup catcher I growled ot my Bomber Minion self? It was Johnny Blanchard! He must be the 6th yankee to top 20 dingers in 1961. That's $20 for the good guys Merlin - right! If so, I'll toss in $50 for taking so long to come up with such an easy answer for any self proclaimed Yankee lifetime fan!

SirFolio16
01-16-2014, 06:36 AM
$1375... we are so close to the $1500 goal...

Come on guys... make me put my money where my mouth is... get the pot to at least $1500 and I shell out another $250 tomorrow.

mattgreenbean
01-16-2014, 07:48 AM
Got it up to 1,400.

Br!an
01-16-2014, 07:53 AM
:panic:Yikes!:panic:

:rock:I've been minionized!:nana:

Must... Give... To...

Haven Fund Raiser!!!

SirFolio16
01-16-2014, 07:53 AM
Good job... $100 more to go!!!

mattgreenbean
01-16-2014, 08:13 AM
Grant you're too kind for giving me the entries. Good people here on the board!

stroppygoblin
01-16-2014, 08:17 AM
just had a verbal commitment from another member for an additional $10 - you know who you are :)

Added a couple of 'on message threads' (You can tell I work in sales right?) to the 'In your mind right now' thread and a new giveaway in the top 100 books thread for a small donation.

Remember:

We are Minions!... We are Legion!!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ndT7Zuj1hcI/UXayoS_nRoI/AAAAAAAABNk/1a62X8cgl_A/s1600/Hivezero_Adepticon_Minion_3.jpg

stroppygoblin
01-16-2014, 08:19 AM
:panic:Yikes!:panic:

:rock:I've been minionized!:nana:

Must... Give... To...

Haven Fund Raiser!!!

Welcome Minion Br!an!!!

Priest
01-16-2014, 08:21 AM
Got it up to 1,400.

hahaha i thought i got it up to 1400 :D
So now somebody has to make it even again :D

And by the way - hello my fellow minions !
It feels good to be here ;D

stroppygoblin
01-16-2014, 08:27 AM
Welcome to the ranks Priest and congrats on your badd ass Avatar!

cit74
01-16-2014, 08:28 AM
Only $75 more to go. So to see if we can get there I will drop the prices on my two sets a little more - just above my initial cost to $300 each or $550 for both of them. btw you can easily get a nicer copy of the collectors insurgent for about $50 on ebay. So that is the Rothfuss Adventures of the Princess and Mr. Whiffle:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Patrick-Rothfuss-Adventures-of-the-Princess-Mr-Whiffle-Signed-Limited-SET-/321299336977?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item4aceeecf11

and roth trilogy - the first movie out in march of this year:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Veronica-Roth-Signed-1st-printing-SET-Divergent-Insurgent-Allegiant-/321299273162?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item4aceedd5ca

see the links for more pics or ask away.
So that would be anywhere from $275-300 going to the fund and 8 to 10 entries into the grand prize drawing

Merlin1958
01-16-2014, 08:28 AM
You guys are the Absolute Best!!!!

Bob, Donation done!! Blanchard was the 6th Yankee to hit 20 dingers
Grant/Matt, Awesome stuff.
Bid on "Becca's" auctions!!!

Welcome all newly crowned "Minions"!!!

$1,425.00!!!!!!

stroppygoblin
01-16-2014, 08:35 AM
Oops - look busy Minions the Boss is on line....

http://stcommunities.straitstimes.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/bxslider_photo/photos/minionse.jpg

SirFolio16
01-16-2014, 08:48 AM
The Haven Foundation Fundraiser cameras caught Stroppy getting ready to go to work inspiring people to donate today...

http://pics.cdn.librarything.com/picsizes/bb/e3/bbe39128606bd3163746c496941434b41716b42.jpg

Thank the gods he finished getting dressed first...

stroppygoblin
01-16-2014, 08:52 AM
The Haven Foundation Fundraiser cameras caught Stroppy getting ready to go to work inspiring people to donate today...

http://pics.cdn.librarything.com/picsizes/bb/e3/bbe39128606bd3163746c496941434b41716b42.jpg

I thought I heard a 'click' !

Good job I wasn't holding my banana!

Merlin1958
01-16-2014, 08:55 AM

I thought I heard a 'click' !

Good job I wasn't holding my banana!

You have time to shower? Get back to work you two!!! LOL

CRinVA
01-16-2014, 09:12 AM

$1,425.00!!!!!!

As promised the Bomber Minion has reciprocated! I see the current balance is now at $1,480!

Merlin1958
01-16-2014, 09:15 AM

$1,425.00!!!!!!

As promised the Bomber Minion has reciprocated! I see the current balance is now at $1,480!

Many thanks, Bob!!!

$20 costs "Sirfolio" $250!!!

EXPLORER
01-16-2014, 09:24 AM

$1,425.00!!!!!!

Many thanks, Bob!!!

COULD NOT RESIST THAT CALLL... $20 added

also recently changed avatar to fit with other minionion avatars (as best I could)

Merlin1958
01-16-2014, 09:28 AM

$1,425.00!!!!!!

Many thanks, Bob!!!

COULD NOT RESIST THAT CALLL

YES!!! $1,500.00!!!!

Thank you, Jim and on your birthday as well!!!

Keep your eyes on this thread. Our first auction for the Haven Fund is coming today!!!

stroppygoblin
01-16-2014, 09:34 AM
also recently changed avatar to fit with other minionion avatars (as best I could)

OK... I was really slow on that one....

Here's a selection (or for others considering joining) click here... (https://www.teepublic.com/search/minion?page=1)

https://teepublicuploadsproduction.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/ceb73a60-423c-0131-c355-3a13b67f9220/MagritteMinion_grid.jpg

SirFolio16
01-16-2014, 09:38 AM
Awesome... as promised $250 will be added to the pot tomorrow.

stroppygoblin
01-16-2014, 09:47 AM
$1505 !! I sense a new minion ????

If so declare yourself!

SirFolio16
01-16-2014, 09:52 AM
Maybe it's the invisible minion...

Pictured below!

http://pics.cdn.librarything.com/picsizes/f1/e9/f1e96b9b031c5806368314a6941434b41716b42.jpg

Priest
01-16-2014, 12:12 PM
Edit: For all you new members that have yet to experience the Haven Fund Raiser, in addition to awesome auction items, there are generally prizes, contests and benefits for donating to the Haven Fund. However, I will leave the finer details for, Jerome to explain.

hey guys, could you explain what that means for the younger minions like me ;D ?

Priest
01-16-2014, 12:43 PM
[

Keep your eyes on this thread. Our first auction for the Haven Fund is coming today!!!

hey Boss - whats abut that : ??? (Sorry no overseas shipping) - that is so

http://www.paqoo.com/gudang/sad-minion-hd-wallpaper.jpg

I pay for my shipping - why am i rouled out - not everybody here is from the us
Boooooo !! Very disappointing =(

Shannon
01-16-2014, 01:20 PM
lol, Priest, I volunteer to be your "From The U.S." shipper. Just PM me whenever you want.

Merlin1958
01-16-2014, 02:17 PM
lol, Priest, I volunteer to be your "From The U.S." shipper. Just PM me whenever you want.

That's my boy!!!!! :cool: You sure you don't wanna be one of my "Minions" all the cool people are!!! LOL

Jerome, question. That rectangular white box under the widget, is that for the overall total progress bar?

Merlin1958
01-16-2014, 02:31 PM
Edit: For all you new members that have yet to experience the Haven Fund Raiser, in addition to awesome auction items, there are generally prizes, contests and benefits for donating to the Haven Fund. However, I will leave the finer details for, Jerome to explain.

hey guys, could you explain what that means for the younger minions like me ;D ?

Seems sort of self explanatory, but here goes, Usually in addition to the "Grand Prize" there are other lesser, but still cool "giveaway" items during the drawing. Also there are contests (several are underway) usually with prizes of some sort. Also, as they come up and are seized upon by the members, there are "Phenomena" that result in stuff as well. Like last year's "Director for a Day" and this year's (so far) "Minions". Does that answer your question better? If so, get back to work, my minion!! LOL LOL

Jerome (RF) though specifies all the "official" rules and conditions and such as he is still "TMIDITW" and "El Jefe"!!!! LOL LOL I am still just his "Lackey"!!! LOL

Br!an
01-16-2014, 03:20 PM
Jerome (RF) though specifies all the "official" rules and conditions and such as he is still "TMIDITW" and "El Jefe"!!!! LOL LOL I am still just his "Lackey"!!! LOL

He's stilL the HMFIC! :D

Merlin1958
01-16-2014, 03:44 PM

Okay, ya got me. HMFIC?????

cit74
01-16-2014, 04:15 PM

Okay, ya got me. HMFIC?????

Holy mother fracker in charge????
What do I win?

SirFolio16
01-16-2014, 04:17 PM
I would have never got that...

Merlin1958
01-16-2014, 04:19 PM
I would have never got that...

He's good. I'll give him that!! LOL

Plus, he does have a freaking "Grand Prize" in his home!!!

cit74
01-16-2014, 04:22 PM
So I'm true to my word. The Veronica Roth set just sold (on eBay) not here. Once cleared I'll donate half of that - so $200 to the haven fund soon.

That still leaves the patrick rothfuss not quite for children children's books (they're great in my opinion and I've been giving both books to friends with daughters for the past year - I think I've handed out at least 8 copies). That set is still at $300 - my cost - here's the link again:

Merlin1958
01-16-2014, 04:23 PM
Chad, you ROCK!!!

SirFolio16
01-16-2014, 04:40 PM
By tomorrow night we could be over $2000!!! BOO YAAAAH!!!

Merlin1958
01-16-2014, 04:42 PM
Just for the record, the "Widget" total and "goal" are seperate from the "overall" total, yet still inclusive. Make sense? The auction proceeds and the "Widget" proceeds go into the same overall total.

On a side note, I may be the original "Haven Fund Whore", but the new guys are "good". Maybe it is approaching the time to pass on the title!!!

NAH!!!! LOL

Ben Staad
01-16-2014, 04:50 PM
Just made my first drop in the bucket.

Merlin1958
01-16-2014, 04:52 PM

Good deal!!!! You are "Da Man"!!!

stroppygoblin
01-16-2014, 04:54 PM

The Minion force is with you Ben - Thanks!

http://shechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/many-minions-3.jpg

Merlin1958
01-16-2014, 04:55 PM
Don't miss out on bidding for TMSG that started/ended it all!!! This is the "Real McCoy"!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201021221347?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649

$1,545.00!!!

My Minions at work!!!

Merlin1958
01-16-2014, 05:09 PM
Okay, a "Minion" contest, and you must be a registered "Minion" to participate. Pick the eventual "Superbowl" winner and receive a $50 donation to the Haven Fund in your name for 5 entries into the "Giveaway" drawing. Selections must be PMed to me and you must be a "qualified" Minion:

As listed above. Good luck to all and GO PEYTON!!!

Jimimck
01-16-2014, 06:10 PM
Bill, may I suggest you ask for a $5 donation to enter your Superbowl competition?

Merlin1958
01-16-2014, 06:13 PM
Bill, may I suggest you ask for a $5 donation to enter your Superbowl competition?

Well, presumably all "Minions" have donated at least $5 and that should qualify them. However, donations are ALWAYS greatly appreciated!!!

Merlin1958
01-16-2014, 06:30 PM
$1,555!!!!

SirFolio16
01-16-2014, 06:32 PM
I'm determined that we hit our goal by the end of the month... I know we can do it!!!

Merlin1958
01-16-2014, 06:35 PM
It is definitely "doable"!!! LOL

becca69
01-17-2014, 06:05 AM
Don't forget to bid on these books I have listed on Ebay. All net proceeds are going to Haven.
I'm sure there must be a wonderful wife, husband, child, friend or in-law who would love to receive a new book!

Shannon
01-17-2014, 12:22 PM
Forget my wife, child, friend, or in-laws, I want them! :)

becca69
01-17-2014, 02:22 PM
Lol Shannon - let's get 'em higher though - come on people! (I mean they're no Mist Snow Globe but...)

Dolso
01-17-2014, 02:35 PM
I've been AWOL for a while but just noticed this 'minion' thing. Although I don't have the time to dedicate in order to do it justice or internet savvy really promote it, I would be proud to be allowed to start the 'Mighty Midget Minion' brigade with a donation that should get you up to an even $1600. Bill calls me his "Gnome' but a Gnome Minion just doesn't sound right. (I'm just happy he doesn't call me his Bitch!!

From the Haven Whore to the Minion King -- you've come a long way, Baby!!

Dolso
01-17-2014, 02:39 PM
Don't forget to bid on these books I have listed on Ebay. All net proceeds are going to Haven.
I'm sure there must be a wonderful wife, husband, child, friend or in-law who would love to receive a new book!

By the way, isn't the 'Claiming of Sleeping Beauty' part of a trilogy by Anne Rice that is her version of Porn? sort of like an early look at 'Shades of Gray'? That alone should get you to your goal by weeks end -- especially if Jerome reads this post!!!!

Randall Flagg
01-17-2014, 02:44 PM
Porn caught my attention (one of the moderated/reported words).

Dolso
01-17-2014, 02:46 PM

Did you bid up the book?

Randall Flagg
01-17-2014, 02:58 PM

Did you bid up the book?
No. That wouldn't be fair.

Merlin1958
01-17-2014, 03:16 PM

Did you bid up the book?
No. That wouldn't be fair.

Fair is a four letter word when it comes to charity!! LOL

Merlin1958
01-17-2014, 03:24 PM
Somebody go find, Sirfolio. I believe he has a donation to make today!!! LOL

Merlin1958
01-17-2014, 04:23 PM
Minions, we could really use a "The Stand, Uncut" 1/1 in great condition for an auction item!!!

stroppygoblin
01-17-2014, 04:40 PM
Minions, we could really use a "The Stand, Uncut" 1/1 in great condition for an auction item!!!

I could really use one in my collection :) I don't have that...

divemaster
01-17-2014, 05:13 PM

I would bid on that. The one I have has a flaw. Came from the publisher that way, but still.

Merlin1958
01-17-2014, 05:18 PM

I would bid on that. The one I have has a flaw. Came from the publisher that way, but still.

Especially with a swanky remarque in it, right? LOL

I'm sure one can be had on ebay easy enough. I'm just not that good with ebay.

Never mind I'm on one. Minions, be advised that I am disappointed in you!! And just where the heck is, Sirfolio??? I'm getting "agitated" here!!! LOL

Just for "shits and giggles", Sirfolio gotta keep the "Hype" going. Whenever and if ever you can do it, WONDERFUL!!!

SirFolio16
01-17-2014, 05:58 PM
Sorry it took so long... But I have just put in my promised $250... Come on guys we are so close now...

Merlin1958
01-17-2014, 05:59 PM
Sirfolio16, is the man!!!

$1,860.00!!!!

stroppygoblin
01-17-2014, 06:01 PM
Never a doubt in my mind - BIG thanks to SirFolio16!! He's got the wrong avatar it should be this....

http://cmster.com/media/zCNwyXJilfmrrG3vXQpu1TwlnEVHlmrweUJkaNyFBLeT4zzNdv ohPx3gPkJuCC69.jpg

SirFolio16
01-17-2014, 06:01 PM
Yeah yeah. .. Now where is my scrolling title bar... Lol

Merlin1958
01-17-2014, 06:02 PM
Yeah yeah. .. Now where is my scrolling title bar... Lol

I'm on it!!!

SirFolio16
01-17-2014, 06:03 PM
OK here is my next deal. If you guys can get it over $2500 by Jan 31st I will donate $500 within the first two weeks of Feb. (waiting on bonus)

stroppygoblin
01-17-2014, 06:06 PM
OK here is my next deal. If you guys can get it over $2500 I will donate $500 within the first two weeks of Feb. (waiting on bonus)

WOW - just WOW!

c'mon fellow minions, SirFolio16 is hitting this target almost single handed. Lets get the word out and bring in some donations from other members who may not have donated yet.

Merlin1958
01-17-2014, 06:08 PM
I am donating $10 on the behalf of recent "Minion" applicant, Lost Rose. She makes "cookies"!!! Suck it, Minions!!!!! LOL

stroppygoblin
01-17-2014, 06:13 PM
I am donating $10 on the behalf of recent "Minion" applicant, Lost Rose. She makes "cookies"!!! Suck it, Minions!!!!! LOL

Banana??

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7314/10681192803_e1ea2e4d49_z.jpg

SirFolio16
01-17-2014, 06:14 PM
Awesome!!!

Merlin1958
01-17-2014, 06:16 PM
LOL LOL Cookies!!! LOL

Damned if that "progress bar" isn't real close!!!

SirFolio16
01-17-2014, 07:40 PM
Hmmmm... Donate to the Haven Fund you all must... Donate to the Haven Fund you will... Yes...

Shannon
01-17-2014, 07:42 PM
lol, SirFolio, are they hiring where you work?

SirFolio16
01-17-2014, 07:54 PM
Lol... Actually no... And trust me you wouldn't want a job like mine... Hell I don't even want it... Lol

Bad Penny
01-17-2014, 08:33 PM
Grant you're too kind for giving me the entries. Good people here on the board!

You're more than welcome Matt (the fruits of being switched on) :smile:

BTW - The final piece has now been completed ...

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg502/GrantWootton/TheTalisman.jpg

becca69
01-17-2014, 09:06 PM

By the way, isn't the 'Claiming of Sleeping Beauty' part of a trilogy by Anne Rice that is her version of Porn? sort of like an early look at 'Shades of Gray'? That alone should get you to your goal by weeks end -- especially if Jerome reads this post!!!!

I think the proper term is Erotica ;)

Merlin1958
01-18-2014, 09:20 AM
$1,990.00!!!!!

Br!an
01-18-2014, 09:33 AM
Mini Minion says $2000 boss!

Merlin1958
01-18-2014, 09:35 AM
Mini Minion says $2000 boss!

You ROCK!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8mXFRolx8k