PDA

View Full Version : King Event Toronto, Canada 10/24/2013

TwistedNadine
10-04-2013, 07:48 AM
Wanted to start a thread to see if there is any interest in a TDT Member get together either before or after the event?

A few of us are staying down the street at the Raddisson which might be a good location to Eat Drink & Be Merry

Any interest and if so thoughts as to Day/Time?

The event starts at 8pm so after the event might be a little late, but maybe we can meet before the event at around 4 or 5 pm?

Input Appreciated!

EXPLORER
10-04-2013, 08:15 AM
You can count on us being a part of a gathering.

k9 mommy
10-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Wanted to start a thread to see if there is any interest in a TDT Member get together either before or after the event?

A few of us are staying down the street at the Raddisson which might be a good location to Eat Drink & Be Merry

Any interest and if so thoughts as to Day/Time?

The event starts at 8pm so after the event might be a little late, but maybe we can meet before the event at around 4 or 5 pm?

Input Appreciated!
Hi.
I missed the sale of the tickets and I have been looking for 2 tickets and would love to meet with fellow King"s fans.
Can you help with the tickets.
I am from Barrie.
Thanks.
Suzanne

Randall Flagg
10-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Sadly I can't make this event. I'll be in Mexico for a week, then come back three days before the event. I just couldn't spend the extra money. I am saving for the King event(s) next year.
I will however live vicariously through everyone else who is going.

tippy4
10-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Sadly I can't make this event. I'll be in Mexico for a week, then come back three days before the event. I just couldn't spend the extra money. I am saving for the King event(s) next year.
I will however live vicariously through everyone else who is going.

What King events?

What do you know man?????

Randall Flagg
10-04-2013, 01:29 PM
http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1380922299-mister%20mercedes%2098x151.jpg

herbertwest
10-04-2013, 01:53 PM
http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1380922299-mister%20mercedes%2098x151.jpg

That would be a nice cover.... but I dont really know, something looks odd about it. The font maybe, and that KING is is bold contrary to the rest of his name. That looks unusual i think, but I could be wrong.
First time i see that artwork though.

RichardX
10-06-2013, 03:46 PM
There is an interesting David Bowie exhibit in Toronto for any fans:

http://www.ago.net/david-bowie-is-coming-to-the-ago-this-fall

EXPLORER
10-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Looking at the list of events and authors at Toronto actually provides many interesting options. I added tickets to our itinerary for:
Heroes and Demons
Saturday, October 26, 2013 - 4:00 PM
Fleck Dance Theatre
Round table: IFOA
Participants: Mark Askwith , Kelly Braffet, Thomas Enger, Owen King, Andrew Pyper
Mystery and thriller writers Kelly Braffet, Thomas Enger, Owen King and Andrew Pyper discuss the navigation of good and evil in life and in literature. Hosted and moderated by Mark Askwith.

I think this could also be interesting.

dnemec
10-06-2013, 07:20 PM
We're in for a meet and drinks! I'd love to put a face with the screen names!

TwistedNadine
10-07-2013, 07:22 AM
We're in for a meet and drinks! I'd love to put a face with the screen names!

If we're going to do this I need more input from members.
There is both a lounge and a restaurant at the hotel but if more than 15 people we need to reserve the space.

Im thinking 5pm before the event.

Anyone thinking they might show up send me a PM so I can get idea of how many...

surly
10-07-2013, 06:09 PM
i'd be in for a little lounge time before the event.

wizardsrainbow
10-08-2013, 08:09 AM
I will be there with my wife...think we can also meet for drinks beforehand! We are staying at InterContinental...stay in touch with me Twisted

wizardsrainbow
10-08-2013, 08:12 AM
Also....am curious to know what people are bringing to get signed....as I am getting 2 books, still retying to figure it out....as a Dark Tower nutjob I'm strongly leaning toward Viking Gunslinger proof for one....lots of contenders though...I have a triple signed Moth so I could also get ONAN signed to match it....HMMMMMMM

WeDealInLead
10-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Night Shift, 'Salem's Lot, The Gunslinger for me (+ my wife and a friend). I'll bring a couple extras in case King is in a good mood, probably The Shining and It.

tippy4
10-08-2013, 09:04 AM
Unlikely King will be in a good mood after signing 800 books..........

wizardsrainbow
10-08-2013, 10:03 AM
My flight gets in at 2:11pm that day and I have shuttle bus reserved to the Hotel...We should be settled by 5pm.

dnemec
10-08-2013, 01:28 PM
How early are you guys planning on heading over to the event? We will meet for drinks too, but I'm always a nervous nelly when it comes to these events. Especially since there were no printable tickets.

I bought The Shining especially for this occasion, and I think I'm taking IT too. And don't forget your Owen King books!

Randall Flagg
10-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Since I can't attend, I highly recommend all of you stay sober. Meet for a coffee well in advance (don't bring your books-coffee stains). No fun is allowed!

Roseannebarr
10-08-2013, 01:49 PM
IT and The Dark Tower III for me. I gave my brother in law a copy of IT signed and regretted it ever since. Even though it was for a military auction and a good cause. :(

tippy4
10-08-2013, 03:05 PM
IT and The Dark Tower III for me.

IT is such a heavy book....I would not want to haul that one around.

I too will be bringing The Waste Lands.

I may also bring the letter I received in 1977 from Warner Bros setting an appointment for me to audition for the role of Danny Torrance in "The Shining". It is light and easy to carry.

Especially since there were no printable tickets.

I had my tickets mailed to me.

dnemec
10-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Especially since there were no printable tickets.

I had my tickets mailed to me.

Really? Maybe I missed a box to check. I was in a hurry to get them before they sold out!

Bad Penny
10-08-2013, 04:37 PM
I may also bring the letter I received in 1977 from Warner Bros setting an appointment for me to audition for the role of Danny Torrance in "The Shining". It is light and easy to carry.

Now, that, Rick, is seriously freaking cool !!!! :cool:

EXPLORER
10-08-2013, 04:41 PM

Now, that, Rick, is seriously freaking cool !!!! :cool:

YES That is very cool... and when traveling to distant events, I tend to find lightweight items if I can and the more unusual, unique the better.

RichardX
10-08-2013, 04:53 PM
I'm bringing copies of Cujo and Christine that I bought when they were originally released. In previous events, I had him sign copies of Firestarter, It and The Shining. It's particularly gratifying to have sign a book that I've had for 20 or 30 years.

EXPLORER
10-08-2013, 08:19 PM

Here's the story of the kid who got your role: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/boy-shining-pig-farmer-science-teacher-article-1.1477838

tippy4
10-08-2013, 08:40 PM
Interesting article. I could have been a pig farmer!

I see like me, he is a native of Illinois.

My mother told me that I got the audition because my Grandmother sent in a picture of me in response to a newspaper ad looking for a boy around my age for a movie roll. I also recall something about them wanting a mid-western accent.

The Library Policeman
10-09-2013, 03:39 AM
Tippy Torrance. I like it! :D

EXPLORER
10-09-2013, 05:13 AM
Interesting article. I could have been a pig farmer!

I see like me, he is a native of Illinois.

My mother told me that I got the audition because my Grandmother sent in a picture of me in response to a newspaper ad looking for a boy around my age for a movie roll. I also recall something about them wanting a mid-western accent.
I am waiting for your release of information about other parts you played.... Was that you in Hooterville on Green Acres? Did you sing with Britney & Justin on Mickey Mouse Club?

TwistedNadine
10-09-2013, 07:32 AM
Since I can't attend, I highly recommend all of you stay sober. Meet for a coffee well in advance (don't bring your books-coffee stains). No fun is allowed!
Never gonna happen

i'd be in for a little lounge time before the event.
Yahoo! Really looking forward to meeting you Surly!

My flight gets in at 2:11pm that day and I have shuttle bus reserved to the Hotel...We should be settled by 5pm.
Your hotel is right around the block. But I think a 4pm meet might be better. We may want to be first in line...

IT and The Dark Tower III for me.

IT is such a heavy book....I would not want to haul that one around.

[

Might be a heavy book but I really want my IT gift edition signed so that one is a definite. Not sure what my second book will be yet, tho.

TwistedNadine
10-09-2013, 07:47 AM
I "reserved" the Watermark Lounge for 4pm for 15-20 people. Its not really a reservation per se Just made sure they knew a larger group would be there and that they were prepared to handle the drink orders lol.

I decided 4pm would be better than 5. In fact I thought an after event meeting would be better but the lounge and restaurant close at 10pm. The event is at 8pm so no way did that work. The lounge has a short menu but does include steak, pizza, burgers and chicken as well as a few appetizers.

So official Meet Drink Eat and Be Merry:

4pm Watermark Lounge Oct 24
Radisson Hotel Admiral Toronto-Harbourfront
249 Queens Quay West
(416) 203-3333

Looking forward to hanging out with you all.

George at C-Springs
10-09-2013, 09:44 AM

Be prepared folks, force of nature! TN, you travelling solo this time or dragging your debate partner along?

Randall Flagg
10-09-2013, 10:57 AM

Be prepared folks, force of nature! TN, you travelling solo this time or dragging your debate partner along?
LOL. Rep points for that one.

k9 mommy
10-09-2013, 11:14 AM
What do you mean ..no printable tickets?
I just bought 2 tickets from aTDT member but still have to see them!

EXPLORER
10-09-2013, 11:32 AM

COULD BE a new Debate Partner as I hear she is bringing a Daughter

Randall Flagg
10-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Oh fuck. Family feud.
Explorer you are in charge of breaking it up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZJch_gyvro

George at C-Springs
10-09-2013, 11:45 AM
"Mommy, why are you wearing that hat?"

George at C-Springs
10-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Or is it more, "Yo, ma ... nice lid. How about another swig, ay?" (the 'ay' being because they're in Canada, lf course).

George at C-Springs
10-09-2013, 12:00 PM
Waiting patiently for TN response to see if I went over the line ........

(Over the line? You ... you ... you're so far past the line that you can't even see the line! The line is a dot to you!)

RandyinAK
10-09-2013, 07:42 PM
TN- I'll see ya at 4pm in Toronto. I can't wait to meet everyone!!!)

sgc1999
10-16-2013, 05:04 PM
If by any chance at all someone cant make it i would love to buy 2 tickets or be happy to send you the signed Doctor sleep book that they will be selling.
anyone???

RichardX
10-21-2013, 06:03 AM
Anyone have an insight on how the book signing is supposed to work? I wonder if there is any advantage to getting there early. Supposedly King will sign for an hour, but I find it hard to believe he walks away if there is still a line. He signs fairly quickly and could likely knock off a couple hundred in an hour, but there could be 400 people in line.

herbertwest
10-21-2013, 07:20 AM
I am also interested in this answer.
With some people we were discussing what time we should go to the Paris signing. Some people said midnight, some said the earliest metro possible (~6am)... for an event in november, starting at 1pm.
I dont know what to think : there will be foreign people, and I am sure that they would like to get a book signed after spending some bucks, so i would tend to say that they' ll go early... but i have no idea of what that means.

If it's strictly 2 hours = 120 people i guess, with an average of 1 person per minute.

Roseannebarr
10-21-2013, 07:39 AM
With some people we were discussing what time we should go to the Paris signing. Some people said midnight, some said the earliest metro possible (~6am)... for an event in november, starting at 1pm.
I dont know what to think : there will be foreign people, and I am sure that they would like to get a book signed after spending some bucks, so i would tend to say that they' ll go early... but i have no idea of what that means.

If it's strictly 2 hours = 120 people i guess, with an average of 1 person per minute.

With the book opened and no talking, i timed him at 4 per minute 240 in the hour. NO TALKING or distractions! :)

EXPLORER
10-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Well I for one plan to distract him!

herbertwest
10-21-2013, 01:48 PM
I doubt that it would be feasible for 2 hours ;)

Roseannebarr
10-21-2013, 02:44 PM

In Savannah Georgia, everyone that wanted a book signed got one signed. In fact, less than 300 people wanted a book signed, and we were able to get multiple signatures, because there was still time left. We started lining up at 10 am and the people that arrived at the event at 3 pm still got their books signed.

tippy4
10-21-2013, 03:05 PM
The weather is going to be cold.....that may scare some folks off.

I think he could easily sign 400 books in 1.5 to 2.0 hours.

Hopefully his handlers will move the line along. No posing for pictures. Having the books ready (DJ folded to the page to be signed), handing him books from one side, talking them from the other, etc..

Highbury
10-21-2013, 05:00 PM
Seems very odd but according to Harbourfront Centre's webpage, the event is sold out but you can buy tickets right now....

bdwyer19
10-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Seems very odd but according to Harbourfront Centre's webpage, the event is sold out but you can buy tickets right now....

I saw that. I suppose it's possible some GA seating opened up.

redsoxfan565
10-21-2013, 05:50 PM
The book signing is at the end of the event, so there is no point in getting there early.

Stockerlone
10-22-2013, 02:16 AM

I saw that. I suppose it's possible some GA seating opened up.

Funke Ticket still have 30-40 Tickets for HAMBURG
http://http://www.funke-ticket.de/top_menu/kuenstler.html?tx_goshop_pi1[act]=artist_single&tx_goshop_pi1[artist_name]=King%2C%20Stephen&tx_goshop_pi1[artist_id]=71665&tx_goshop_pi1[start]=0&cHash=3fd06a4d7ad7448b242c7cf36e0f1d5f

On the Harbour Front Page, they still have Tickets.
http://www.harbour-front.org/mitwirkende/stephen-king

Mr. Rabbit Trick
10-22-2013, 05:36 AM
So Hamburg is now in Canada?

herbertwest
10-22-2013, 06:39 AM

In Savannah Georgia, everyone that wanted a book signed got one signed. In fact, less than 300 people wanted a book signed, and we were able to get multiple signatures, because there was still time left. We started lining up at 10 am and the people that arrived at the event at 3 pm still got their books signed.

Week-day, week-end...? During 2 hours as well?

TwistedNadine
10-22-2013, 07:58 AM
Waiting patiently for TN response to see if I went over the line ........

What? Talk to the hand...

TwistedNadine
10-22-2013, 08:00 AM
Reminder: Heres the info on where to meet.
Looking forward to this!

I "reserved" the Watermark Lounge for 4pm for 15-20 people. Its not really a reservation per se Just made sure they knew a larger group would be there and that they were prepared to handle the drink orders lol.

I decided 4pm would be better than 5. In fact I thought an after event meeting would be better but the lounge and restaurant close at 10pm. The event is at 8pm so no way did that work. The lounge has a short menu but does include steak, pizza, burgers and chicken as well as a few appetizers.

So official Meet Drink Eat and Be Merry:

4pm Watermark Lounge Oct 24
Radisson Hotel Admiral Toronto-Harbourfront
249 Queens Quay West
(416) 203-3333

dnemec
10-22-2013, 08:04 AM
We are flying out tomorrow morning, and I'll have minimal internet access up there. But we will see you all at the Lounge on Thursday!

Roseannebarr
10-22-2013, 08:39 AM

Week-day, week-end...? During 2 hours as well?

It was on a saturday or sunday. took two hours total. I sat there and waited because my last number was 388! out of 400 books. i ended up with eight books signed.

k9 mommy
10-22-2013, 09:41 AM
Or is it more, "Yo, ma ... nice lid. How about another swig, ay?" (the 'ay' being because they're in Canada, lf course).

Hey! what are you talking about?
No ay...hey.
And I'm not sure where you got your swig from!
Will you be in to for King ? hey...

Highbury
10-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Bundle up my american friends eh, there be a right fierce gale comin' in from da north. It'll be colder than a witch's beavertail out dare eh.

wizardsrainbow
10-22-2013, 10:09 AM
I have been debating and debating what books to get signed (for those who do not know, I am a HUGE Dark Tower fan and there is not much left for me to get signed).

At the current moment (subject to change...likely...LOL), as I have 2 tickets, here are the 2 books I am getting signed (and rationale) along with top contenders/runner-ups:

Getting signed:
1) Viking Gunslinger Proof....rare to begin with and as far as I know, none out there are signed....fits with my Dark Tower love and fact that I have Orange Gunslinger Plume Proof signed as well as DT V, VI, VII UK Proofs signed as well.

2) UK 1st Dead Zone.....this choice came to me today as I was going through my collection as I have UK 1sts of Carrie, Salem's Lot, Shining, Night Shift and Stand all signed...Dead Zone next in line and my copy is almost perfect (book + DJ).

Runners-up:
3) Startling Mysteries - The Glass Floor
4) Startling Mysteries - Reaper's Image
5) Gunslinger Plume - Variant Cover (some call it a proof)
6) Wizard & Glass Grant Proof WITH Dave McKean Remarque
7) Waste Lands 1st trade WITH Ned Dameron Remarque.

EXPLORER
10-22-2013, 10:12 AM
We arrive at airport around noon tomorrow... Likely will be available to meet someplace tomorrow eve if not stalking the nightmare.
Should be able to get online where we are staying (condo on Spadina & Front) email or pm for phone # if want to try to connect.

Being from Florida where it is so often too darn hot, we are ready for some chillin.

Randall Flagg
10-22-2013, 10:27 AM
FYI, I would be very surprised if King shows up Wednesday. He's probably a bit disappointed the event is scheduled Thursday. Had he only known in advance, he would have chosen Friday.

EXPLORER
10-22-2013, 10:28 AM
I have been debating and debating what books to get signed (for those who do not know, I am a HUGE Dark Tower fan and there is not much left for me to get signed).

At the current moment (subject to change...likely...LOL), as I have 2 tickets, here are the 2 books I am getting signed (and rationale) along with top contenders/runner-ups:

Getting signed:
1) Viking Gunslinger Proof....rare to begin with and as far as I know, none out there are signed....fits with my Dark Tower love and fact that I have Orange Gunslinger Plume Proof signed as well as DT V, VI, VII UK Proofs signed as well.

2) UK 1st Dead Zone.....this choice came to me today as I was going through my collection as I have UK 1sts of Carrie, Salem's Lot, Shining, Night Shift and Stand all signed...Dead Zone next in line and my copy is almost perfect (book + DJ).

Runners-up:
3) Startling Mysteries - The Glass Floor
4) Startling Mysteries - Reaper's Image
5) Gunslinger Plume - Variant Cover (some call it a proof)
6) Wizard & Glass Grant Proof WITH Dave McKean Remarque
7) Waste Lands 1st trade WITH Ned Dameron Remarque.

I understand what you are going through. Also two tickets (so far) and two items can be difficult to isolate.
I tend to pick smaller items when traveling a ways for signings.

My #1 item is an unique item perhaps 1 of a kind in a collectors hand from 50 years ago (Sept . 6th 1963)

Choosing #2 is more challenging and has me trying to figure out where I stored some things.
I know I have them, I just can't find them...... Almost called David to see if could make a last minute purchase.
However... There are numerous items on the table at the moment.
Proofs of TWTTK or 11/22/63 (already have a number of signed proofs.),
Startling Mysteries - Reaper's Image
Roadwork
Rage (might be bad timing?)
The Monkey or The Raft.
Blaze

and maybe moving toward top 1st edition Gunslinger.

biomieg
10-22-2013, 10:40 AM
This reminds me once again - you really need to start a collection thread!!

RandyinAK
10-22-2013, 03:15 PM
I"m packed and getting ready to head to the airport right now, flying all night, getting into Toronto Wed morn at 10:30am. PM me if anyone is in town early enough and wants to have lunch or drinks on Wed night, otherwise I'll see everyone Thurs night.

WeDealInLead
10-22-2013, 03:34 PM
I wouldn't bring Rage three days after a school shooting.

Does an extra ticket guarantee an extra signature or do you need to bring someone?

EXPLORER
10-22-2013, 03:57 PM
I wouldn't bring Rage three days after a school shooting. I AGREE

Does an extra ticket guarantee an extra signature or do you need to bring someone?
Would be nice to think so , however have not broke down and secured any extra tickets yet.

WeDealInLead
10-22-2013, 04:04 PM
It's a risky move. I'm paying for a friend already. He'll get to see King for free, and all he has to do is get my book signed. Not a bad deal for him.

Randall Flagg
10-22-2013, 06:08 PM
You're all screwed.
SK is going to be in such a rush to leave (Red Sox World Series),,,Sox suck Go Yankees...

RandyinAK
10-22-2013, 06:12 PM
I left my yankees hat and jacket at home. Didn't want to give him any reasons not to sign!!!!

Randall Flagg
10-22-2013, 06:15 PM
I left my yankees hat and jacket at home. Didn't want to give him any reasons not to sign!!!!
He will sniff you out. Yankee fans have a particular "aroma" (winners) that Red Sux can not achieve.

Merlin1958
10-22-2013, 07:48 PM
You're all screwed.
SK is going to be in such a rush to leave (Red Sox World Series),,,Sox suck Go Yankees...

He will sniff you out. Yankee fans have a particular "aroma" (winners) that Red Sux can not achieve.

For once, I could not agree with "Merlin1958" more!!! He is a wise and devilishly handsome man!!! The ladies just love him!!

Or, am I agreeing with myself? You be the judge!! LOL LOL

tippy4
10-23-2013, 05:06 AM
Nice and brisk here today!

39•F with a 60% chance of rain.

The Library Policeman
10-23-2013, 05:09 AM
Have lots of fun, folks!

wizardsrainbow
10-23-2013, 08:11 AM
You're all screwed.

UGH...them's fightin' words my friend! But after 2 World Series Championships in the last 9 years, if they don't win this year I won't be heartbroken.

EXPLORER
10-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Sitting in Shoeless Joes Toronto.. Radision hotel swapping lies with Tippy4

evilash
10-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Hey Guys. I will see you tomorrow at 4! This should be fun!

Randall Flagg
10-23-2013, 04:52 PM
Sitting in Shoeless Joes Toronto.. Radision hotel swapping lies with Tippy4
Watching the Red Sox-Cardinals World Series Game?
Guarantee SK isn't in Toronto tonight. He is at the game in section *** row** seat **.
JH is next to him.
You are all fucked...tomorrow night SK and OK will attempt to be involved but will be distracted and in a hurry.
As a Yankee fan I can only say that you guys/gals got screwed....

carlosdetweiller
10-23-2013, 05:08 PM
Yes. They will be looking to end the evening in a hurry and get to a television.

Ari_Racing
10-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Have fun all! :)

Br!an
10-24-2013, 04:00 AM
If by any chance at all someone cant make it i would love to buy 2 tickets or be happy to send you the signed Doctor sleep book that they will be selling.
anyone???

Do you know what the signed Doctor Sleep will be selling for?

Bev Vincent
10-24-2013, 07:00 AM
CBC radio interview: Stephen King and son Owen King on fiction and family (http://www.cbc.ca/q/blog/2013/10/24/stephen-king-and-son-owen-king-on-fiction-and-family/)

TwistedNadine
10-24-2013, 07:01 AM
For those of us meeting in Toronto:

MEETING PLACE HAS CHANGED!!

More convenient, more fun, less expensive. This place is in the same building as the event:

http://www.watermarkirishpub.ca/

4pm at the
Watermark Irish Pub and Restaurant
207 Queens Quay W. Toronto, ON
(416) 214-2772

George at C-Springs
10-24-2013, 11:13 AM
Please please please ... have a Guiness (on tap, don't you dare drink it out of a bottle) and think of me!

Randall Flagg
10-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Just spoke to Twistednadine, Wizardsrainbow and EXPLORER. They and many other members are at the social preceding the event.
Green with jealousy....

jhanic
10-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Enjoy!!!

John

bdwyer19
10-24-2013, 02:51 PM
Can't wait to hear how the event goes!

tippy4
10-24-2013, 07:21 PM
Seven books signed plus a signed Dr. Sleep.

Awesome event!

Roseannebarr
10-24-2013, 09:32 PM
Second best event I ever went toooooo. Met up with great people. I got Bachman books, eye of the dragon, roadwork, running man, gwltg, Colorado kid , it, night shift, the dark tower 3, green mile 1. All signed. I really worked the line to get it done! I loved it,

One book per ticket, plus we got to buy signed copies of dr sleep

Contact David at betts books while supply lasts

Roseannebarr
10-24-2013, 09:32 PM
David has signed copies of dr sleep

Roseannebarr
10-24-2013, 10:15 PM
Stephen king was in a signing mood today! He signed everyone's books. He was in great spirits! they allowed everyone to buy a signed copy of dr sleep, then we all got one book per ticket signed, our choice of books. Dr sleep was presigned. And people went home with two signed sk books.

I think all of the members here made out like bandits. I got 10 signed books, I gave one away to a lady in line, could of had 11. She brought dr sleep to the signing. It was her first time! So I gave her my copy of misery, I literally ran out of books for king to sign. I brought paperbacks. Roadwork, running man and Colorado kid, never dreamed I would get to my sixth, seventh and eighth books, much less nine and tenth!

The speaking event was better than New York! But people really need to learn that sk is a wonderful storyteller and let him talk! It is awesome watching sk and Owen interact.

I have no complaints about this event!!!!!! I can't sleep, I looked at my books four times already. I am so sorry if u all

missed it! We bought an extra ticket at 5 pm today, I wonder if they even sold out, the side balconies were 3/4 empty

No one was enforcing the signing line, we went through twice

WeDealInLead
10-24-2013, 10:16 PM
Six older books signed (Night Shift, 'Salem's Lot, The Shining, The Stand, It, The Gunslinger), plus five signed copies of Doctor Sleep.

I ran out of things for King to sign.

Roseannebarr
10-24-2013, 10:20 PM
anyone???

Do you know what the signed Doctor Sleep will be selling for?

38 Canadian dollars

Roseannebarr
10-24-2013, 10:21 PM
Yes. They will be looking to end the evening in a hurry and get to a television.

Nope. Stayed until the line was done, it was awesome

Stockerlone
10-25-2013, 02:17 AM
Congrats to all, sounds like an AMAZING event.
How big was the audience and was the event advised as reading + sig-event or
only as reading + pre-signed Dr. Sleep buy event?

Bev Vincent
10-25-2013, 02:19 AM
Canadian author Linwood Barclay (whose Whirl 360 King used in Doctor Sleep) posted a picture with King on his FB page.

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p480x480/1378007_10153380515790384_503889069_n.jpg

evilash
10-25-2013, 03:05 AM
I had an AMAZING time! It was great meeting some of the members here. It was a fantastic and very well run event. I was able to get my 1st/1st Gunslinger, Mondo Dark Tower print, It proof and Rage signed. I could not be happier! To top it all off I was able to come away with 4 signed Doctor Sleeps!! The whole evening made me proud to be a Hoser! It was my first time seeing King live (scratch that one off of my bucket list) after being a die hard fan for over 30 years and it was totally worth the wait!

Pasiuk57
10-25-2013, 03:25 AM
Wish I could have been there!!
Wow! Amazing he signed so many things!!

tippy4
10-25-2013, 04:43 AM
And while I never looked at my watch, I think he did it all in an hour or less.

Roseannebarr
10-25-2013, 04:48 AM

Advertised as a reading , pre signed dr sleep, and only one signed book per person. Stephen king would only sign for one hour and then he would quit. A lot of first timers in Canada, a lot of rich people (without sk books to sign) and lucky me, people who wanted dr sleep signed. So I was able to capilize on that. I gave them my pre signed dr sleep and they took my books up for signing.

Pasiuk57
10-25-2013, 04:49 AM
Roseannebarr
Amazing story...

Roseannebarr
10-25-2013, 04:53 AM

They said 400, But many were rich people without sk books, other authors and pen supporters. There was a reception beforehand for pen members. 1000 per head

Pretty well organized, I kept saying they needed line tickets, but I am now glad they didn't do that.

People left the event early, to get in signing line, but the line moved fast!!!

jhanic
10-25-2013, 05:58 AM
Congratulations, everyone! It sounds wonderful.

John

George at C-Springs
10-25-2013, 06:49 AM
Sure wish the Boulder event had been like this :-(

Randall Flagg
10-25-2013, 07:06 AM
Sure wish the Boulder event had been like this :-(
Exactly. 1 book signed for 7 people in Boulder, and 7 books signed per one in Toronto. Makes we wish I had chosen Toronto instaed of Boulder, but circumstances dictated otherwise.
I am thrilled for the members who attended, and a bit depressed I couldn't go. That's life.

Ben Staad
10-25-2013, 07:21 AM
Sounds like a wonderful event. Congrats to everyone and their ability to have so much stuff signed. Awesome.

Bev Vincent
10-25-2013, 07:43 AM
Stephen and Owen King open the International Festival of Authors (http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/books/2013/10/25/stephen_and_owen_king_open_the_international_festi val_of_authors.html)
Father son duo focus on humour rather than horror

The Library Policeman
10-25-2013, 12:19 PM
Congratulations to all who attended. Sounds like a great night.

Randall Flagg
10-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Attendees have 48 hours to post pictures, or GTFO

EXPLORER
10-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Will post some pics... as soon as we get a moment.... still running, still having a great time... The event was AMAZING, well orchestrated..... simply wonderful... and so is the camaraderie.... Some great finds at bookstores today... $20 for a fine PRETTY PONY at a store where the owner said she had no King items while displaying Nightmares in The Sky in her front window display.

EXPLORER
10-25-2013, 12:45 PM

may have to GTFO as havingTOO MUCH FUN....sorry Merlin

Randall Flagg
10-25-2013, 12:53 PM
<---------------------------------------------So jealous:cry:

The Library Policeman
10-25-2013, 01:04 PM
<---------------------------------------------So jealous:cry:

<---------------------------- Ditto!

RandyinAK
10-25-2013, 02:46 PM
My first signing. It was awesome to be able to put names with faces. Hung out with Tippy4, Explorer and Mrs. Explorer, Twisted Nadine, Dnemec and her guy Mike - All awesome. Met Rosannebarr and Surely (not sure how to spell that) also super nice. Tippy was a great help for me at my first signing, Tippy, Twisted Nadine and Explorer know their way around a signing. I feel lucky to have been the recipient of their generous knowledge and information. Thanks Guys!!! Cheers!!! Anyway, I ended up picking up a couple extra tickets there and found some people to stand in line for me so I got almost everything signed that I brought. I did get my 1st/1st Gunslinger, Drawing of the Three and Wastelands signed as well as my 1st/1st The Stand signed. I could not be happier. I actually found a lady in line who was getting her copy of Dr. Sleep signed and she didn't want to give up her spot in line to go get her copy so I gave her mine as a trade for her getting my Drawing of the Three signed. That worked out well to say the least as she also gave me her ticket stub so I could get an extra copy of Dr. Sleep, She didn't want to pay for one. After it was over, a few of us went for beverages and to reflect on what the hell just happened. It felt like coming down after conquering the world. We were all amazed and, if for some odd reason SK would have walked in to where we sitting, it seemed like about all we had left to get signed would be our bar napkins..... I was informed by everyone at the table between calls from Jerome that I would probably not see a signing like that for a long long long time. Totally worth the travel all the way from Alaska. I can't believe how awesome it was. Thats the experience from the eyes of a first timer.

WeDealInLead
10-25-2013, 02:47 PM
King signing my Night Shift:
http://imageshack.us/a/img34/8914/socx.JPG

I think I recognized only Tippy when he was at the balcony waving at someone. Didn't meet anyone. We arrived around 7 after battling Toronto and highway rush hour traffic. It almost made me pull my hair out.

King was in great mood and the back and forth between Owen and him was great. He skillfully (and with tact) dodged a couple of questions. When asked about favourite and least favourite adaptations he only mentioned the ones he liked. New Carrie "is all right."

bdwyer19
10-25-2013, 03:21 PM
My first signing. It was awesome to be able to put names with faces. Hung out with Tippy4, Explorer and Mrs. Explorer, Twisted Nadine, Dnemec and her guy Mike - All awesome. Met Rosannebarr and Surely (not sure how to spell that) also super nice. Tippy was a great help for me at my first signing, Tippy, Twisted Nadine and Explorer know their way around a signing. I feel lucky to have been the recipient of their generous knowledge and information. Thanks Guys!!! Cheers!!! Anyway, I ended up picking up a couple extra tickets there and found some people to stand in line for me so I got almost everything signed that I brought. I did get my 1st/1st Gunslinger, Drawing of the Three and Wastelands signed as well as my 1st/1st The Stand signed. I could not be happier. I actually found a lady in line who was getting her copy of Dr. Sleep signed and she didn't want to give up her spot in line to go get her copy so I gave her mine as a trade for her getting my Drawing of the Three signed. That worked out well to say the least as she also gave me her ticket stub so I could get an extra copy of Dr. Sleep, She didn't want to pay for one. After it was over, a few of us went for beverages and to reflect on what the hell just happened. It felt like coming down after conquering the world. We were all amazed and, if for some odd reason SK would have walked in to where we sitting, it seemed like about all we had left to get signed would be our bar napkins..... I was informed by everyone at the table between calls from Jerome that I would probably not see a signing like that for a long long long time. Totally worth the travel all the way from Alaska. I can't believe how awesome it was. Thats the experience from the eyes of a first timer.

Great story!! Hopefully when I finally get to my first SK signing someday, it'll be just as much fun.

DoctorZaius
10-25-2013, 05:25 PM
Congrats to all who were able to attend. I would love to have the opportunity at a signing like this. Very jealous!

tippy4
10-25-2013, 06:00 PM
Explorer and I just spent the last hour sitting next to King.

Nine signatures between us.

He was incredibly nice.

Ben Staad
10-25-2013, 06:25 PM
Wow. Congrats.

Explorer and I just spent the last hour next to King.

He was incredibly nice.

tippy4
10-25-2013, 07:10 PM

Just emailed you a not so good picture of me and King.....

Lot guy
10-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Sounds like it was an awesome event,
Congrats to all!

Roseannebarr
10-25-2013, 07:36 PM
Explorer and I just spent the last hour next to King.

He was incredibly nice.

Awesome congrats. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! Was it at the k braffet reading?

Randall Flagg
10-26-2013, 05:41 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1382794827-tippy%20king.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1382794838-tippy%20king%201.jpg

Ari_Racing
10-26-2013, 05:49 AM
How cool! Seems you had one of the best events ever! :)

EXPLORER
10-26-2013, 08:02 AM
Here is one of the King and I
http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p585/jascarpic/KingIFOA_zps8a9dd48b.jpg

and one of the Queen and I
http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p585/jascarpic/DSC04306_zpsa16df079.jpg

and the line 1 hour before event
http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p585/jascarpic/DSC04308_zps56398771.jpg

EXPLORER
10-26-2013, 08:14 AM
Here is the LOYALIST #1 placeholder.....
http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p585/jascarpic/DSC04309_zps7ad6fd4e.jpg
and should be considered a #1+ Wife. Ms,Roseannabarr

k9 mommy
10-26-2013, 02:22 PM
My DREAM came true!

This was the first time I had seen or spoken to Stephen in person. And what a great gift he gave me. A kiss to remember for the rest of my life...and the talk with him was so amazing...

WOW,wow, wow he is such a warm, smart and witty person. I was able to have a moment with him (a dream of mine for 40 years) and it was incredible.
The back and forth chatting he and Owen had over the night it was plain to see the bond.

A big thank you to Tippy4 for being able to suppling us tickets.

Sorry Toronto was so cold.....hope the warm people made up for it.

Merlin1958
10-26-2013, 03:58 PM
Here is one of the King and I
http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p585/jascarpic/KingIFOA_zps8a9dd48b.jpg

and one of the Queen and I
http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p585/jascarpic/DSC04306_zpsa16df079.jpg

and the line 1 hour before event
http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p585/jascarpic/DSC04308_zps56398771.jpg

That first photo made me think that it's a testament to Mr. King, that he has not obtained a 'TRO" on you!!! Especially, considering all the times you, "ran into him coming out of the bathroom" at Spring training plus, all the signing events!!! LOL

Congrats, couldn't happen for a nicer guy and his even nicer wife!!!

Bad Penny
10-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Congratulations to all Toronto attendees (you lucky, lucky buggers) and it's awesome that so many of you were able to get a whole bunch of books signed (major signature envy on my part, for sure) :smile:

Merlin1958
10-26-2013, 05:06 PM
Congratulations to all Toronto attendees (you lucky, lucky buggers) and it's awesome that so many of you were able to get a whole bunch of books signed (major signature envy on my part, for sure) :smile:

I'm with ya on that, Grant!!! LOL

RichardX
10-26-2013, 05:19 PM
A very nice event. I got to meet Tippy and talk with David. Picked up two signed copies of Dr. Sleep and got my 30+ year old copies of Cujo and Christine signed. The event itself was well organized. The staff was polite and things went smoothly. A few folks rushed out of the program while it was still going on to get in the book signing line, but no big deal. Very little news from the event itself. SK and Owen both did readings. King mentioned he would be interested in teaming up with Peter Straub once again. The location was a bit odd on the third floor of what appeared to be a shopping mall/office complex. Toronto is a much bigger and busier place than I anticipated. Traffic was awful day and night. The people were very friendly and polite for such a large city. Those energy saving light bulbs have to go though! My hotel had them in every lamp and it was like being in a dim cave. I thought I was going blind. A long agonizing drive back home. It took 5 seconds to enter Canada but over an hour waiting in traffic to get back through US Customs. They were walking dogs down the road, interrogating people and creating a general backup for hours. It was like entering through checkpoint Charlie at the height of the Cold war.

tippy4
10-26-2013, 05:56 PM
King mentioned he would be interested in teaming up with Peter Straub once again.

I was the one who posed this question to King in Toronto. I had asked him the same question in October of 2006 in Beverly Hills when he was touring for Lisey's Story...and he gave me pretty much the same answer then as well.....which was "we've talked about it". I interpreted that to mean it will never happen.

The Library Policeman
10-26-2013, 06:51 PM
Great stories and pictures, guys. Thanks for sharing them. The Toronto trip certainly seems to have been really successful!

Roseannebarr
10-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Dave did a nice job of summarizing the event and discussion See below

From DAvid at BEtts Books

I HAVE FLATSIGNED COPIES OF DOCTOR SLEEP FROM THE PEN CANADA BENEFIT THURSDAY NIGHT!

LIMITED QUANTITIES!

SUMMARY OF KING SIGNING EVENT IN TORONTO 10-24-13

Stephen King and his son Owen were the featured authors last Thursday night in Toronto Canada to kick off the Pen Canada Week. The ultimate draw that led me to secure 2 tickets (I took my wife) to the event was that each ticket guaranteed you a signed copy of Doctor Sleep and one book of your own choosing to be signed by Stephen King (Owen was signing his books as well). To be able to bring a book from your own collection to get signed by King is a fairly rare special treat and given that I had two tickets, that meant I could get 2 of my own books signed by Steve.

My wife and I arrived by plane in Toronto Thursday afternoon and a customer of mine (and prominent member of TheDarkTower.Org) had loosely organized a get-together of TDT.ORG people at a pub right at the event theatre. Several of us met there for drinks, snacks and "talking King" for a couple hours prior to the event. We went upstairs at roughly 7pm (doors opened at 7:30 and event started at 8pm) and there were perhaps 150-200 people in line already. After the doors opened we filed in, found seats (capacity was just 400, so a relatively small event for King), and then I used my ticket stubs to buy (at list price of $35 each) 2 signed copies of Doctor Sleep....then headed back to join my wife in the theatre. Stephen was introduced and he read a lengthy passage from Doctor Sleep (which I had heard twice before at prior readings)....Owen was introduced and he read a passage from his first novel Double Feature (again, the same passage I had heard 4x before at prior readings). However, the moderator for the event joined the father and son King and there was a fairly lively Q&A session, a couple questions submitted via Twitter and then several taken from the audience...a MUCH BETTER presentation than New York City by FAR and equal to the Boston event I attended as well.

Following the formal event, people queued up for the actual signing part....I was probably #50 in line but having done this several times in the past I knew a) that the line would move quite quickly and b) the line moves quickly because King signs books at a speed of about 6 per minute....meaning you get just about 10 seconds in front of the man himself....you have a shot at asking 1 question and you may (or not) get a satisfactory answer. I've asked Steve many questions over the years and this time I asked a pretty lame one...."any score in the Red Sox game?" as King is a HUGE Sox fan and I root for them every year myself...My answer was St. Louis 1 Boston 0 in the 7th inning...UGH (Sox lost the game). My 10 seconds were up and time to exit....the table where they had been selling signed Doctor Sleep copies was still manned and there were a handful of books left and they told me I could purchase one additional book....so I ended up with 3 signed Doctor Sleep copies and 2 signed books from my own collection.

What 2 books did I get signed? As you can guess, it was not an easy choice. I have a rather extensive personal collection, The Dark Tower books (all versions) comprise roughly 60% of my collection, but I also have little "niche" collections within my overall larger collection, such as signed 1st trade copies of the earliest UK books. I ended up getting my Viking Gunslinger proof signed (quite rare) and a 1st UK edition of Dead Zone. While the UK Dead Zone might not appeal to most people a) I have never seen a signed copy before and b) I have signed UK 1st editions of Carrie, Salem's Lot, Shining, Night Shift, and The Stand, so Dead Zone is next in line.

dnemec
10-28-2013, 03:43 PM
My 2 cents:

We met up at the pub with everyone else beforehand, which I would definitely advise to others if (hopefully when!) one of these events happen again. It was great putting faces to the screen names. (And George at C-Springs--I had a Guinness draft! Cheers!) While we all stood in line together, we got separated from some of the others when we walked in to find seats. The event itself was great, as expected. We ended up standing in line with a lovely couple, one of which was not getting a book signed. So I handed her one of my backups, which was a 1st Thinner, I took my 1st of The Shining, and Mike took IT. I also had Owen sign Double Feature, my Double Feature proof, and a 1st of We're All In This Together (which is OOP). We ended up with 3 signed Doctor Sleeps (if anyone still needs one) too.

All in all, it was an awesome event, and trip as a whole (despite having our flight moved up 2 1/2 hours without our knowledge and nearly missing it, then having United forget our bags in NY.). I managed to find a great bookstore in Buffalo (where we flew into) and I spent $220, one in Toronto that I left without $130, and another in Toronto adding $125. No more Kings, but some early Bradbury paperbacks, a set of 3 Robert Bloch proofs, and a truly awesome pamphlet from 1900 entitled: An Illustrated Lesson on Hypnotism. I'll post pics to my neglected collecting thread by the end of the week. I'm certainly glad I went, and was very happy to meet everybody. :biggrin1:

Merlin1958
10-28-2013, 04:48 PM
My 2 cents:

We met up at the pub with everyone else beforehand, which I would definitely advise to others if (hopefully when!) one of these events happen again. It was great putting faces to the screen names. (And George at C-Springs--I had a Guinness draft! Cheers!) While we all stood in line together, we got separated from some of the others when we walked in to find seats. The event itself was great, as expected. We ended up standing in line with a lovely couple, one of which was not getting a book signed. So I handed her one of my backups, which was a 1st Thinner, I took my 1st of The Shining, and Mike took IT. I also had Owen sign Double Feature, my Double Feature proof, and a 1st of We're All In This Together (which is OOP). We ended up with 3 signed Doctor Sleeps (if anyone still needs one) too.

All in all, it was an awesome event, and trip as a whole (despite having our flight moved up 2 1/2 hours without our knowledge and nearly missing it, then having United forget our bags in NY.). I managed to find a great bookstore in Buffalo (where we flew into) and I spent $220, one in Toronto that I left without $130, and another in Toronto adding $125. No more Kings, but some early Bradbury paperbacks, a set of 3 Robert Bloch proofs, and a truly awesome pamphlet from 1900 entitled: An Illustrated Lesson on Hypnotism. I'll post pics to my neglected collecting thread by the end of the week. I'm certainly glad I went, and was very happy to meet everybody. :biggrin1:

It really is a gas to "put a face to the name" ain't it? Congrats to you for your haul and your generosity!!! The "Community" extends beyond the "Internet".!!!!

Randall Flagg
10-28-2013, 06:25 PM
BTW from left to right: David, Dez (dmarc?), Davids wife (valerie? Veronica? Vicky? God I suck with names), Jim (Surly), Randy (randyUK) and Jim (Explorer)

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/BTW from left to right:David, Dez (dmarc?), Davids wife (valerie? Veronica? Vicky? God I suckwith names), Jim (Surly), Randy (randyUK) and Jim (Explorer)http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/BTW from left to right:David, Dez (dmarc?), Davids wife (valerie? Veronica? Vicky? God I suckwith names), Jim (Surly), Randy (randyUK) and Jim (Explorer)
http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1383074690-Toronto%20group%201000x562%201.jpg

herbertwest
10-29-2013, 03:56 AM
Looks like it was a great evening :)

TwistedNadine
10-29-2013, 08:22 AM
Epic event and what a blast to hang with other members! Finally home, settled back in and have pics to post (well a few anyway..).
Smoothly run event, King was in an exceptionally good mood and happy to sign. He really looked like he was having just as much fun as we were.
What I particularly liked about this event was the team effort between members and it really paid off for all of us. You guys are wonderful. And what a joy to finally meet Surly, RandyinAK, Dnemec, and Evalish.

Heres some pics of hanging at the Bar before the event:

WizardRainbow, Dnemec, Mrs. WizardRainbow, Surly behind her, RandyinAK then Explorer
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_1128.JPG

Here is Dnemecs friend and RandyinAK
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_1133.JPG

WizardRainbow, Mrs. Explorer (YOU ARE AMAZING!!), and Explorer
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_1135.JPG

Here's Tippy working the crowd (There was a point before the event when we were looking for people to attend using our extra tickets so we can get more things signed. Turned out we really didnt need the extra bodies but at the time we didnt know that...)
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_1136.JPG

TwistedNadine
10-29-2013, 08:32 AM
Heres some pics of the event and signing ...

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_1145.JPG

Explorer getting something signed - Hard to see King tho...
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_1148.JPG

Tippy with King
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_1149.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_1151.JPG

Here's a view of the Venue, Brewery and Raddisson Hotel (where a few of us were staying). The venue is the rectangle building on the harbor all the way to the left. The hotel is the building on the right with the pool also on the harbor, and the brewery is the building just left of the hotel closest to the harbor with the grey A frame roof. I took this while eating lunch at the Tower.
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_1195.JPG

TwistedNadine
10-29-2013, 08:48 AM
Heres some pics of a few things I had signed. I ended up with 8 signatures. The first thing I handed him was Reapers Image - he waved it at Owen saying "Look at this!". The next item was Ubris then Marshroots. As he's signing Marshroots he looked up at me, gave me a big smile saying "You're taking me on a trip down memory lane!" and then: "Love the hat!" (I was wearing my Top Hat). As much as I loved the comments I kinda wish he had kept his attention on signing 'cause the Marshroots signature ended up looking weird.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_1550.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_1563.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_1559.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_1581.JPG

A big Thank You to Tippy for this one:
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_1570.JPG

And this one is just an odd quirky thing I wanted. This book is one of my all time favorites and I wanted it signed with a silver sharpie (which I brought with me). I handed King the book with the sharpie and he decided to sign it like this:
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_15761.JPG

jhanic
10-29-2013, 09:04 AM
Wonderful, TN!

John

TwistedNadine
10-29-2013, 09:10 AM
Lastly I thought I would share a few other pics of sightseeing. This first one is the CN Tower (where I took aerial pics of the venue and hotel). King did an interview here the morning of the event. The tower has a restaurant that rotates 360 degrees with views of downtown Toronto, the harbor, and Lake Ontario. Cant' say I was overwhelmed with the food but the wine was delicious!
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_1162.JPG

The aquarium which is right below the Tower
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_1293.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_1304.JPG

The mall downtown (apparently one of the largest malls in the world)
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_13381.JPG

A little town on the outskirts of Niagara Falls called Niagara On The Lake. Loved the Cemetery
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_15321.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_1545.JPG

And of course last but not least Niagara Falls. Pics cant do it justice. Like the Grand Canyon its just one of those places you have to see in person to get the full mind blowing effect...
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_1463.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_1470.JPG

sentinel
10-29-2013, 09:49 AM
Great Stuff TN!!!! Really wish I had been there! I know I missed a good one! Very jealous!

RandyinAK
10-29-2013, 10:07 AM
Quit calling me RandyinUK :)) in all the pictures! Ha that was great times!

Stockerlone
10-29-2013, 10:19 AM
Great storys and pics !!!

bdwyer19
10-29-2013, 12:11 PM
Great pics TN!! Very jealous. Actually, I blame my wife... If her travel schedule hadn't been so busy, I just might have been able to be there!

Randall Flagg
10-29-2013, 12:13 PM
Great pics TN!! Very jealous. Actually, I blame my wife... If her travel schedule hadn't been so busy, I just might have been able to be there!
I blame my wife too. She said "we have done enough author events lately, take me to Playa del Carmen".

EXPLORER
10-29-2013, 12:32 PM
I blame my wife TOO. I tell her there is another King event and she says, "Okay, Where do we get to travel to this time?"

Got to love her attitude .... We just got back a couple hours ago. We stayed in Toronto for a couple extra days & events.
We then got a car to wander down to Niagara Falls to play honeymooners and flew out of Buffalo this morning.
We and the BOOKS all arrived home safely (had to mail home clothes).

Merlin1958
10-29-2013, 03:07 PM
BTW from left to right: David, Dez (dmarc?), Davids wife (valerie? Veronica? Vicky? God I suck with names), Jim (Surly), Randy (randyUK) and Jim (Explorer)

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/BTW from left to right:David, Dez (dmarc?), Davids wife (valerie? Veronica? Vicky? God I suckwith names), Jim (Surly), Randy (randyUK) and Jim (Explorer)http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/BTW from left to right:David, Dez (dmarc?), Davids wife (valerie? Veronica? Vicky? God I suckwith names), Jim (Surly), Randy (randyUK) and Jim (Explorer)
http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1383074690-Toronto%20group%201000x562%201.jpg

That is a wonderful Pic, Jerome!!

Epic event and what a blast to hang with other members! Finally home, settled back in and have pics to post (well a few anyway..).
Smoothly run event, King was in an exceptionally good mood and happy to sign. He really looked like he was having just as much fun as we were.
What I particularly liked about this event was the team effort between members and it really paid off for all of us. You guys are wonderful. And what a joy to finally meet Surly, RandyinUK, Dnemec, and Evalish.

Heres some pics of hanging at the Bar before the event:

WizardRainbow, Dnemec, Mrs. WizardRainbow, Surly behind her, RandyinUK then Explorer
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_1128.JPG

Here is Dnemecs friend and RandyinUK
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_1133.JPG

WizardRainbow, Mrs. Explorer (YOU ARE AMAZING!!), and Explorer
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_1135.JPG

Here's Tippy working the crowd (There was a point before the event when we were looking for people to attend using our extra tickets so we can get more things signed. Turned out we really didnt need the extra bodies but at the time we didnt know that...)
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/100_1136.JPG

Yet, no pictures of your lovely countenance, TN!!! It's time you came clean and let everyone see how beautiful and elegant you are!!!

Can I get an "AMEN"?????

TwistedNadine
10-30-2013, 10:16 AM
Quit calling me RandyinUK :)) in all the pictures! Ha that was great times!

LOL Sorry about that. Fixed now.

TwistedNadine
10-30-2013, 10:20 AM
Found a few more pics on my cell phone:

Nice one of WizardRainbow:
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/1024131754.jpg

I have no idea who this is tho Im sure we were introduced (sorry):
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/1024131755.jpg

Excellent one of the Explorers
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/1024131756.jpg

George at C-Springs
10-30-2013, 06:44 PM
What, no selfie? (ha ha)

Merlin1958
10-30-2013, 07:34 PM
What, no selfie? (ha ha)

She didn't even respond to my compliment!! LOL LOL

TwistedNadine
10-31-2013, 09:08 AM
What, no selfie? (ha ha)

Thanks for the compliment

Ari_Racing
10-31-2013, 12:22 PM
Congratulations all!

It seems it was one of the best events ever! :)

sgc1999
10-31-2013, 12:27 PM
Found a few more pics on my cell phone:

Nice one of WizardRainbow:
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/1024131754.jpg

I have no idea who this is tho Im sure we were introduced (sorry):
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/1024131755.jpg

Excellent one of the Explorers
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/1024131756.jpg

Hey, isnt that Father Callahan at the top???

Merlin1958
10-31-2013, 08:19 PM
What, no selfie? (ha ha)

Thanks for the compliment

You are very welcome, TN. You deserve it regardless of me. Lighten up young lady and let the others see how wonderful you are. Sorry if that makes you uncomfortable, but many others have shown their faces and not had a problem. You are an "insider" here and one of the few "Good folk"!!! Let it shine!!

OK, that was my speech, no more, my dear!! If you like and post a pic, I may be able to get Ned Dameron, to use your likeness for a female TDT character!!!