PDA

View Full Version : He's Got Radioactive Blood - The Spider-Man Thread

Spencer
01-04-2008, 10:33 AM
The Spider-Man thread.

OK, this one more day MESS. Grrrrrrr

Don't read further until you've finished reading the "One More Day" storyline.

1. Damn this whole "deal with the devil" thing was crappy.
2. How does Peter know exactly what's going on when he wakes up? You'd think he'd feel SOME disorientation.
3. OK so his secret identity is safe, but did the Civil War still "really" happen? Are all the other heroes besides him still affected?
4. If so, how did he come through that without being outed by Tony Stark? Does this mean that no one EVER knew he was Spider-Man, or did Tony just start hitting the bottle again?
5. Does anyone care that Harry's alive again?
6. If he's alive, WHAT ABOUT GWEN?
7. If you look at the last page, you can see web shooters sticking out of Peter's sleeve.
A. This would seem to negate the events of "The Other", which begs the question, how much other stuff never happened?
and B. If he doesn't roll his damn sleeve down, that whole "people forgetting he's Spider-Man" thing won't mean Jack Squat, now will it?

fernandito
01-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Great thread, Spence.

I have been out of the Spider-Man loop for a long while, I don't know the specifics of everything leading up to One More Day (The Civil War, The Other etc.), so I can't really say how badly they f'd this up.

I did, however, pick up the first volume of Back In Black and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it. I want to go back and read the Civil War and anything Post-O.M.D to see how this all turns out.

Spencer
01-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Well for starters, Harry Osborn died in Spectacular spider-Man #200, which was about 15 years ago. :lol: What I'm saying is that any number of things could have been changed or retconned, going all the way back to the beginning. "The Other" storyline basically "evolved" Peter into a more of a spider like creature, the most noticable effect of which was that he now had the ability to shoot webs as part of his body, like in the movies, and thus didn't need web shooters.

Matt
01-04-2008, 04:29 PM
:o

That's wrong as fuck!!

Spencer
01-04-2008, 05:48 PM
:o

That's wrong as fuck!!

My thoughts exactly.

Arthur Heath
01-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Spence I think you just blew us all away and I doubt even us comic fans could answer any of your questions.
You are a true Spider Man fan.

Spencer
01-05-2008, 07:18 AM
Spence I think you just blew us all away and I doubt even us comic fans could answer any of your questions.
You are a true Spider Man fan.

:lol: Thanks.

Yeah, other than getting King on board for the Dark Tower comics, I ain't been too happy with Joe Quesada the last year or so. :pullhair:

BlakeMP
01-06-2008, 10:51 AM
How bad was this?

J. Michael Straczynski, who was contractually obligated to write this, TRIED TO HAVE HIS NAME REMOVED from the last two issues. And he said that the final issue was rewritten so heavily by editorial that practically none of his work remains.

Even with Dan Slott, my favorite writer at Marvel these days, taking over a third of the book, I refuse to buy Amazing Spider-Man anymore. And I know I'm not alone.

Spencer
01-07-2008, 06:37 AM
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3375/214155402812afcc4d78lt6.jpg

Jimmy
01-07-2008, 08:05 AM
1. Damn this whole "deal with the devil" thing was crappy.

Agreed, but Joe Q. didn't want to have to worry about parents having to explain to their kids why Spidey got divorced. Which begs 2 new questions

1. Divorce is bad, but the Devil's ok?
2. Kids read Spider-Man?

2. How does Peter know exactly what's going on when he wakes up? You'd think he'd feel SOME disorientation.

Because to Peter, the smell of wheatcakes cooking is like coffee to us.

3. OK so his secret identity is safe, but did the Civil War still "really" happen? Are all the other heroes besides him still affected?

His secret ID was already safe. Dan Slott took care of that in The Initiative.

4. If so, how did he come through that without being outed by Tony Stark? Does this mean that no one EVER knew he was Spider-Man, or did Tony just start hitting the bottle again?

It never happened.

5. Does anyone care that Harry's alive again?

I do. I always liked him in the comics. I always felt his loss because Peter never had any other friends. Is he a fair tradeoff for what's happened? Hell no!

6. If he's alive, WHAT ABOUT GWEN?

JMS originally wanted Gwen to come back too, but Joe Q. killed that plan.

7. If you look at the last page, you can see web shooters sticking out of Peter's sleeve.

The Other never happened either. Peter's not as strong, fast, hyper sensitive and has lost the organic webshooters as he was after The Other.

A. This would seem to negate the events of "The Other", which begs the question, how much other stuff never happened?

Good question. How much do you want to bet that the actress Aunt May that died never happened?

and B. If he doesn't roll his damn sleeve down, that whole "people forgetting he's Spider-Man" thing won't mean Jack Squat, now will it?

If people saw the shooters, Aunt May would just say they're ankle holders for her gynocological visits and that Peter's just holding on to them for her.

It's already happened once.

Spencer
01-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Has anyone done an interview where they take thetime to explain just why Peter and MJ being married was such a horrible thing, even though fans seemed to love it, and those that don't, (and even those that do), have a perfectly viable younger unmarried Peter and MJ in Ultimate Spider-Man?

Matt
01-07-2008, 10:49 AM
I think showing them divorce is worse than showing them married personally.

Spencer
01-07-2008, 11:22 AM
I think showing them divorce is worse than showing them married personally.

Ah, but the argument is they didn't divorce, they made a deal with Mephisto to save Aunt May. Which, as Jimmy said, how is showing them making a deal with the devil better?

And my contention is that there was nothing wrong with them being married. Also, all that tension between Peter and Tony Stark ,which has been driving much of the tension in the Marvel U lately, and was a VERY compelling story, is now just.... gone, and actually never happened, kind of like when Tony Stark killed The Wasp and it was revealed that he'd been under the mind control of Kang since way back in Iron Man #3 or so, and Tony ended up dying and being replaced with a teenage alternate timeline Tony Stark, who got sucked up by Onslaught, only to reemerge a year later as the original adult Tony, who either did or didn't die in the first place oggodmyheadisspinning. :excited:

Jimmy
01-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Has anyone done an interview where they take thetime to explain just why Peter and MJ being married was such a horrible thing, even though fans seemed to love it, and those that don't, (and even those that do), have a perfectly viable younger unmarried Peter and MJ in Ultimate Spider-Man?

A 5 part interview with Queseda's been posted in sections over the last week or so here :

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12664

I think Ultimate is either going to be coming to an end soon, or it'll be merged with the mainstream Marvel U.

William50
01-07-2008, 12:03 PM
I have noy seen Spider Man 2 or 3. Are they worth watching?

Jimmy
01-07-2008, 12:04 PM
And my contention is that there was nothing wrong with them being married. Also, all that tension between Peter and Tony Stark ,which has been driving much of the tension in the Marvel U lately, and was a VERY compelling story, is now just.... gone, and actually never happened, kind of like when Tony Stark killed The Wasp and it was revealed that he'd been under the mind control of Kang since way back in Iron Man #3 or so, and Tony ended up dying and being replaced with a teenage alternate timeline Tony Stark, who got sucked up by Onslaught, only to reemerge a year later as the original adult Tony, who either did or didn't die in the first place oggodmyheadisspinning. :excited:

The sad thing is, I completely understand what Spencer just typed. :scared:

Jimmy
01-07-2008, 12:07 PM

2 : Yes, it's good. Just fast forward through all the scenes featuring Kirsten Dunst.

3 : Take notes, because it gets very convoluted. Also fast forward through all the scenes featuring Kirsten Dunst, plus any scene that starts out where you hear a bass line start to play.

Trust me on this.

Matt
01-07-2008, 12:15 PM
:rofl:

Good advice. I have decided that Kirsten was the worst possible choice for MJ.

She takes it to kind of a crack whore place and needy--man that pisses me off.

You are Spidermans girlfriend, your shit doesn't matter.

Jimmy
01-07-2008, 12:20 PM
:rofl:

Good advice. I have decided that Kirsten was the worst possible choice for MJ.

She takes it to kind of a crack whore place and needy--man that pisses me off.

You are Spidermans girlfriend, your shit doesn't matter.

I love MJ, I think she's great fun and can be very compellling as a character.

Kirsten Dunst looks like she fell out of a crappy vampire movie (which come to think of it, she did) and didn't capture the "pop" that MJ has. She made her whiny, creepy and I don't like the way she called him "Pete."

I've been reading those comics for years and nobody calls him Pete, it's Peter.

Matt
01-07-2008, 12:30 PM
I agree, love MJ-hate Kirsten as her.

Jimmy
01-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Brice Dallas Howard was great as Gwen even though she was barely in the picture.

I would've preferred her as MJ personally. She's even a natural redhead.

To keep the thread on topic, I should note that Marvel has posted a shot that they're calling Spider-Man's new status quo which can be viewed here:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=142267

fernandito
01-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Brice Dallas Howard was great as Gwen even though she was barely in the picture.

Bryce Dallas looked AMAZING in Spider Man 3. :wub:

Matt
01-07-2008, 01:00 PM
After the way MJ was crying about everything, I wanted Spidey with her by the end. <_<

And I never go against MJ :lol:

Spencer
01-07-2008, 01:18 PM
The sad thing is, I completely understand what Spencer just typed. :scared:

and even sadder that I typed all that from memory. :lol:

Thanks for the interview link. I don't agree with any of what he said, but at least he presented an opinion.

William50
01-07-2008, 01:19 PM
I think that eventually there will be a spiderman series on the TV. Just like the Terminator.

Spencer
01-07-2008, 01:20 PM

I liked them, although I was very disappointed with the portrayl of Venom in 3. Everthing else I pretty much liked.

William50
01-07-2008, 01:22 PM
You like it more than the DT?

Matt
01-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Apples and oranges Will :D

Spencer
01-07-2008, 01:29 PM
I think that eventually there will be a spiderman series on the TV. Just like the Terminator.

There have been a few, most of them animated, at least one live action one.

William50
01-07-2008, 01:31 PM
I think that the movie and those should be enough. No more spiderman.

Spencer
01-07-2008, 01:31 PM
His secret ID was already safe. Dan Slott took care of that in The Initiative.

I totally missed this. What issue was that in?

BlakeMP
01-07-2008, 02:20 PM
The one with the Scarlet Spiders... issue 7, I think.

Pete wound up getting tangled up with the three new guys in Iron Spider-Man armor, members of the Initiative, in public. In gratitude for helping him out, the Scarlet Spiders planted some seeds of doubt in the media that Pete was really Spider-Man, implying that he may have done it to help them with a sort of sting operation. It wasn't a 100 percent back-under-wraps fix, but it was at least as good as how they put Daredevil's ID back under wraps.

Spencer
01-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the info. :D Yeah, I'm remembering Iron Man and Daredevil both having their IDs outed in the past, and now of course, no one remembers. :lol: My main question is who's ID is still public in the Civil War thing? Everybody BUT Spidey? That's what it sounds like.

BlakeMP
01-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Ah, that reminds me about something ELSE about OMD that pisses me off:

Nobody knows Peter Parker is Spider-Man now. NO ONE. Not Aunt May (negating one of JMS's best stories), not the Fantastic Four (negating the great Spider-Man/Human Torch miniseries), not Venom (negating virtually every Venom story EVER WRITTEN), and not even Daredevil, negating one of the all-time great superhero friendships.

Screw you, Marvel. <_<

Jimmy
01-07-2008, 07:32 PM

I'd prefer a Joss Whedon produced X-Men show, but I'll take Spidey even though the last time it was tried, we got this:

http://www.spideykicksbutt.com/SpiderMan101/SpiderMan101Part4H.jpg

Jimmy
01-08-2008, 04:39 AM
Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5742/watchmenomdcz7.jpg

Spencer
01-08-2008, 08:41 AM
:rofl: :rofl:

Behold Ozymandias, King of Kings! Look upon his mighty works and despair. :lol:

BlakeMP
01-08-2008, 09:04 AM
That would have made for a better book, all right...

Jimmy
01-08-2008, 10:26 AM
The funny thing is, that if Alan Moore did a press conference where he said he was writing Spider-Man and that Peter would make a deal with the devil, erasing the marriage and changing 20 years of continuity, I'd say...

"Yes! This is going to be brilliant! Moore's a genius!"

Funny.

BlakeMP
01-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Not me -- I think Moore is pretty overrated. I mean, he's GOOD, but he's not infallable.

Jimmy
01-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Not me -- I think Moore is pretty overrated. I mean, he's GOOD, but he's not infallable.

I've read almost everything Moore's ever written and so far so great.

I'm still slacking on the Swamp Thing stuff and I've not had a chance to pick up Lost Girls.

BlakeMP
01-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Honestly, I didn't like his Swamp Thing. I thought it was dull and ponderous.

(Yes, I know, blasphemy.)

Spencer
01-08-2008, 12:49 PM
I don't like ANYTHING Swamp Thing. Just never got into the character at all.

Old Man Splitfoot
01-09-2008, 02:42 AM
Thanks for the info. :D Yeah, I'm remembering Iron Man and Daredevil both having their IDs outed in the past, and now of course, no one remembers. :lol: My main question is who's ID is still public in the Civil War thing? Everybody BUT Spidey? That's what it sounds like.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Spidey was the only one who made his ID public knowledge in Civil War, with the possible exception of Iron Man. (I know he outed himself, but I thought he'd been outed before. . . Not a real big Iron Fan, so I dunno.) Super Hero Registration doesn't say that the registered heroes have to be public; only one person knows all the IDs of registered heroes. Hell, one of the recurring themes of Avengers: The Initiative is that the heroes in training are not supposed to divulge their sercret IDs to anyone.

I've been reading about One More Day for weeks on Newsarama, and it's just kind of funny to come here and see everyone as equally pissed. This really was a horrible idea that nearly no one likes. I'm not dropping any books off my pull list because of it, but that's because the only Spidey book on my list is Ultimate. But I still hate it.

BlakeMP
01-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Super Hero Registration doesn't say that the registered heroes have to be public; only one person knows all the IDs of registered heroes.

One of the reasons it was so outrageously stupid to have Spider-Man do it in Civil War. The whole thing was a bad plot point shoehorned into a story that it didn't impact at all just to set up the crapfest that was OMD.

fernandito
01-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Brand New Day - Anybody picking this up? :)

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/AMAZING_SPIDER-MAN.546

BlakeMP
01-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Not with a full biohazard suit.

It's Dan Slott writing it, so I know it's probably a good story, but I don't give a flying fuck. I'm too pissed at Joe Quesada, and it'll be a long time before I spend another dime on ASM.

Jimmy
01-11-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm not of the mind to pick up any Spider-Man unless the word "Ultimate" precedes it.

Spencer
01-12-2008, 08:47 AM
I really want to see what Bob Gale does with Spider-Man, but I HATE the current "status Qou", just sucks, especially, as Blake said, since NO ONE knows who Spider-Man is, and a lot of great old stories and potential new stories have been negated by that.

Spencer
01-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Speaking of Ultimate, still love it, but I wasn't a huge fan of the most recent issue, how they wrapped up the Goblin storyline.

Spencer
01-30-2008, 10:58 AM
The only Spider-Man reality warping/time travel thingie I ever liked:

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/deadpool/11-1.jpg

Jimmy
01-30-2008, 11:04 AM
Deadpool : "Nice head."

Norman Osborne : "Oh, you kids and your slang!"

fernandito
01-31-2008, 05:04 AM
So, is it safe to assume that no one here has picked up Brand New Day? :)

Jimmy
01-31-2008, 05:13 AM
I'd sooner buy a Jeph Loeb/Rob Liefeld comic.

tippy4
01-31-2008, 09:02 AM
The only Spider-Man reality warping/time travel thingie I ever liked:

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/deadpool/11-1.jpg

I was friends with the artist (Pete Woods) in High School in southern California back in the late 80s. He was always drawing or doodling something. In fact one semester, he made a daily comic strip starring our algebra teacher.

Ironically, about two years ago, he assisted me in the purchase of my S/L Gunslinger as the seller lived very close to him and I was not comfortable sending an absolute stanger that much $...so Pete was good enough to act as a middle man for me.

Jimmy
02-01-2008, 01:51 PM
I was friends with the artist (Pete Woods) in High School in southern California back in the late 80s. He was always drawing or doodling something. In fact one semester, he made a daily comic strip starring our algebra teacher.

Ironically, about two years ago, he assisted me in the purchase of my S/L Gunslinger as the seller lived very close to him and I was not comfortable sending an absolute stanger that much $...so Pete was good enough to act as a middle man for me.

Wow, that's pretty cool. I've always liked Wood's style and now to know he's a good guy makes him like him even more. His Catwoman is badass! :D

Spencer
02-17-2008, 10:38 PM
Deadpool : "Nice head."

Norman Osborne : "Oh, you kids and your slang!"

I always laugh my ass off when Harry shows up and asks Deadpool in Peter Parker disguise if he's "rappin with the rubes" and Wade says something like "What are you on?" :lol:

Spencer
02-17-2008, 10:39 PM
I'd sooner buy a Jeph Loeb/Rob Liefeld comic.

Ouch. I did pick a few of those up, because I'm stupid :lol: and that whole "Heroes Reborn" crap was the dumbest ever, surpassed only by this Brand New Day crap.

fernandito
08-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Amazing Spider Man # 568? New Ways To Die? Anyone?

:)

Seymour_Glass
08-27-2008, 05:18 AM
I've never consistently read Spidey in my life.

flaggwalkstheline
11-24-2008, 03:39 PM
new ways to die was AWESOME I know Omd is fulla crap but Bnd has been awesome
Mr negative is quickly becoming an incredible villain and if he continues behaving in such a manner he'll be as bad as Norman "I work for the goverment now" Osborne

Matt
11-24-2008, 03:51 PM
I wish I was still anywhere near a comic store so I could collect titles like this.

I actually have a bit of money for it now. <_<

flaggwalkstheline
11-24-2008, 03:54 PM
theres alot of comic stores in albuquerque where i am
(not to rub it in or anything)
of course one can always get a subscription

fernandito
11-24-2008, 03:54 PM
I'm still keeping up with the new ASM titles, currently on issue 578. I think 579 comes out this wednesday.

flaggwalkstheline
11-24-2008, 03:58 PM
I have a theory that I think i should put under a spoiler warning

flaggwalkstheline
11-24-2008, 04:00 PM
there it is

fernandito
I'm all ears (eyes) !!

flaggwalkstheline
the spoiler button isnt working dammit
LILLY HOLLISTER IS MENACE! WATCH THE CLUES!
:angry:

flaggwalkstheline
11-24-2008, 04:02 PM
every time she goes near peter his spider sense goes off, she has access to Harry (an ex goblin) and his equipment) and in AMZ secret invasion part 2 she dissapeared and menace appeared, plus she her dad who she doesnt seem to get along with too well got put in the hospital by menace

flaggwalkstheline
11-24-2008, 04:02 PM
The clues r there just like with Roderick kinglsley being hobgoblin!

Matt
11-24-2008, 04:03 PM
There are actually two spoiler buttons now. The one on the far right requires a description...the one that is a radioactive symbol doesn't

What was the problem with it?

flaggwalkstheline
11-24-2008, 04:04 PM
I pressed the one on the right eh i probably didnt use it right Oh well, not like i gave away plot details that werent there for everyone to see

Sam
11-24-2008, 08:11 PM
I wish I was still anywhere near a comic store so I could collect titles like this.

I actually have a bit of money for it now. <_<

You anywhere near Mile High Comics in Denver, Matt?

Empath of the White
11-25-2008, 05:47 AM
What did everyone think of Eddie Brock's character in Spider-Man 3? I think with a bit more time, the writers would have had a nicely twisted character on their hands. His stalkerishness toward Gwen was a step in the right direction, I think.

flaggwalkstheline
11-25-2008, 07:06 AM
I didnt like how venom was is spiderman 3, he's supposed to be a jock, a big guy, imposing, he looked cool but he only had a few minutes of screentime as venom and I think they should have saved him for a forth film instead of fitting that round symbiote peg into that square hole of a movie

The Cosmic Geek
12-31-2008, 09:22 AM
Been trying to catch up on Amazing since I took some time off from it once BND started. I'm still not in love with the new book, but I do like it more now than when it first started. Still, I don't see why they couldn't have had two separate books, one where he is still married in regular continuity, and the other for the BND in it's own continuity. That could get confusing I suppose.

fernandito
12-31-2008, 09:33 AM
Not only that, there are still some elements prior to OMD that show up in these recent issues despite the new 'status quo' established from BND, they require a deep leap of logic. Yep, confusing pretty much sums it up!

The Cosmic Geek
12-31-2008, 09:39 AM
One thing that really bothers me about OMD is how they went about it, making the deal with Mephisto. It just seems, to me, like something Peter Parker would never do.

If they wanted to retcon Peter's identity being exposed, why have done it in the first place? It was a brave idea to do, and one they could have stretched many more stories out of.

But, why not, instead doing OMD, just have Aunt May die, and Peter give up being Spider-man, thus ending the series? Then, being the series again with issue one set either before the marriage to MJ and they could do stories like what they are doing now.

Or at least that was my idea on how to fix the matter.

flaggwalkstheline
12-31-2008, 10:18 AM
Im reading BND n i like it but I reall think that comics take place in real time, DC is closer to doing this than marvel but they muck it up with multiverse cosmology, the only comic right now which takes place in real time is hellblazer which I think makes it superior to characters with 40 (or even more) years of baggage having it all compressed into 15 years, eventually most mainstream comic characacters r going to have to fix this by either starting to take plce in real time or buckling under to many stories and eliminating continuity alltogether

fernandito
12-31-2008, 10:24 AM
I agree with everything you said except that last bit about the series after May's incident. I think it would be much more interesting to see Peter coping and ultimately overcoming May's death and seeing how it effects him as Spider Man.

The Cosmic Geek
12-31-2008, 11:14 AM
I agree with everything you said except that last bit about the series after May's incident. I think it would be much more interesting to see Peter coping and ultimately overcoming May's death and seeing how it effects him as Spider Man.

That would be pretty cool. Wish Marvel was reading this.

I do like the three times a month shipping schedule for Amazing though, that is working out pretty well.

flaggwalkstheline
06-09-2009, 05:20 PM
dont know if any of u care but here: http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.8317.Amazing_Spider-Man~colon~_Wedding_Bells is an article which states that my favorite comic character, ben reilly, peter parkers way more awesome than him clone is returning
soon

Seymour_Glass
06-12-2009, 06:32 AM
:clap::nana::scared::dance::cool::rock::thumbsup:

CyberGhostface
06-12-2009, 07:46 PM
I wouldn't get too excited yet. Marvel has been known to pull the fan's strings ever since this crap status quo started. Anyone remember Jackpot, and how that turned out...?

turtlex
03-02-2010, 04:48 AM
Interesting angle for upcoming Spidey ....

( I'm going to spoiler this, even though it is vague )

Spider-Man's alter ego to lose his job
By Laura Batchelor, CNN

Not even his spider-senses could help Peter Parker escape a pink slip at the mayor's office.

Spider-Man's alter ego, Peter Parker, will lose his job this week
Parker's going to struggle with unemployment, try to save city, pay his bills
Marvel comics tries to have story lines set against backdrop of current events

New York (CNN) -- Spider-Man's alter ego cannot escape the harsh realities of the current economic times and will lose his job in an issue of the Amazing Spider-Man hitting stores this week.

Peter Parker, official photographer of the mayor by day and New York City crime fighter by night, is going to face new challenges, including unemployment.

"He's going to struggle with unemployment and trying to save the city while he can barely afford to keep a roof over his head," said Steve Wacker, Marvel Comics senior editor.

Parker has always been a grounded character with real-world problems, Wacker said. His aunt is frequently sick, he has girlfriend troubles, and he sometimes struggles to find work. In addition, Spider-Man story lines are often set against a backdrop of current events.

In the near future, Parker will have to juggle paying bills and buying "web-fluid" and other materials to fix his superhero costume in addition to keeping his dual identities under wraps.

Parker's work history includes photographer, assistant high school coach, science teacher and scientific researcher, according to his biography on the Marvel Web site. His education includes a college degree in biophysics and some postgraduate work in biochemistry.

It was at a science exhibit he attended as a teenager that he was bitten by a radioactive spider and acquired the creature's strength, agility and weaving ability, says Marvel Comics.

And although Parker has skills few other others can claim, he probably won't list these on his resume: superhuman strength, ability to cling to most surfaces, fast traveling ability aided by web-slinging and spider-sense danger avoidance system.

The Amazing Spider-Man comic was first published in 1963.

Brice
03-02-2010, 05:00 AM
He can always turn to crime. :evil:

flaggwalkstheline
03-02-2010, 05:30 AM
Interesting angle for upcoming Spidey ....

( I'm going to spoiler this, even though it is vague )

Spider-Man's alter ego to lose his job
By Laura Batchelor, CNN

Not even his spider-senses could help Peter Parker escape a pink slip at the mayor's office.

Spider-Man's alter ego, Peter Parker, will lose his job this week
Parker's going to struggle with unemployment, try to save city, pay his bills
Marvel comics tries to have story lines set against backdrop of current events

New York (CNN) -- Spider-Man's alter ego cannot escape the harsh realities of the current economic times and will lose his job in an issue of the Amazing Spider-Man hitting stores this week.

Peter Parker, official photographer of the mayor by day and New York City crime fighter by night, is going to face new challenges, including unemployment.

"He's going to struggle with unemployment and trying to save the city while he can barely afford to keep a roof over his head," said Steve Wacker, Marvel Comics senior editor.

Parker has always been a grounded character with real-world problems, Wacker said. His aunt is frequently sick, he has girlfriend troubles, and he sometimes struggles to find work. In addition, Spider-Man story lines are often set against a backdrop of current events.

In the near future, Parker will have to juggle paying bills and buying "web-fluid" and other materials to fix his superhero costume in addition to keeping his dual identities under wraps.

Parker's work history includes photographer, assistant high school coach, science teacher and scientific researcher, according to his biography on the Marvel Web site. His education includes a college degree in biophysics and some postgraduate work in biochemistry.

It was at a science exhibit he attended as a teenager that he was bitten by a radioactive spider and acquired the creature's strength, agility and weaving ability, says Marvel Comics.

And although Parker has skills few other others can claim, he probably won't list these on his resume: superhuman strength, ability to cling to most surfaces, fast traveling ability aided by web-slinging and spider-sense danger avoidance system.

The Amazing Spider-Man comic was first published in 1963.

like thats never happened before:arg:

steve wacker is a plotline rehashing fanboy in the guise of a writer

turtlex
03-02-2010, 07:16 AM
Brice!! With great power comes great responsibility, mister!!

Yeah, I know it's been done before ... but it really fits with the economy now and it can open up some interesting character points if they do it right.

I don't read Spidey on a regular basis, because, like you said - a lot of it has been done and done and done again.

flaggwalkstheline
03-02-2010, 08:59 AM
I'm a longtime reader of spiderman, in fact I support BND (not OMD noone supports that) but the braintrust still irritates me on a regular basis

fernandito
03-02-2010, 09:04 AM
I'm still collecting ASM , even after the whole OMD/BND fiasco, and I have to say that the stories aren't as bad as some reviewers are making them out to be. Some of the liberties that they're taking with established baddies are rather interesting.

flaggwalkstheline
03-02-2010, 09:08 AM
I'm still collecting ASM , even after the whole OMD/BND fiasco, and I have to say that the stories aren't as bad as some reviewers are making them out to be. Some of the liberties that they're taking with established baddies are rather interesting.

indeed, now if they would just bring back ben reilly now, instead of taking such tiny steps towards it:nana:

Brice
03-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Brice!! With great power comes great responsibility, mister!!

Ummm...yeah, you forgot who you're talking too didn't you? :unsure: It's okay Pam. I understand. We know really my superhero status would last all of about 2 seconds. From there I'd very responsibly rip the door off Fort Knox.

If anyone else like spidey finds themselves looking for employment, I can offer very lucrative positions as henchmen. Send your resumes to infiniteevilmegalomaniac@gmail.com.

turtlex
03-02-2010, 02:48 PM
:lol:

V understands. :evil: