PDA

View Full Version : PS Publishing to do Thinner and Skeleton Crew in 2014

jhanic
05-17-2013, 12:05 PM
This is from the newest PS Publishing newsletter:

The big news this week is we can confirm that, next year (spring and late winter respectively), we’ll be doing special slipcased Anniversary editions of Stephen King’s THINNER (originally published under the by-line of Richard Bachman) and SKELETON CREW. Stepping up to the plate for artwork chores on THINNER is Les Edwards while multiple Jack Kirby Award-winning comicbook artist Stephen R. Bissette is already going hell-for-leather on colour spreads for SKELETON CREW plus art-headers for each story. And if that isn’t quite enough for you, we’re aiming to include Pete Von Sholly’s storyboards for Frank Darabont’s movie adaptation of THE MIST. We’ll be doing updates on these two as we move along—with details of Introductions, Afterwords and signatures as they’re decided, pretty much the same way we’re treating CHRISTINE and PET SEMATARY .

John

Bryant Burnette
05-17-2013, 12:39 PM
I wonder if Skeleton Crew will include "The Revelations of Becka Paulson"? That'd be cool.

ur2ndbiggestfan
05-17-2013, 03:48 PM
With all these new and reprint King books coming I'll have to reinforce my bookshelves with steel beams to hold them all.

mattgreenbean
05-17-2013, 07:07 PM
With all these new and reprint King books coming I'll have to get a second job.

Ben Mears
05-18-2013, 01:37 PM
Need to do The Dead Zone!

Merlin1958
05-18-2013, 01:51 PM

Yeah? I thought Easton did it very well. FWIW

Ben Mears
05-18-2013, 02:28 PM

What is your point? Scream Press did a nice job with Skeleton Crew and Grant did a nice job with Christine and that didn't stop PS from doing anniversary editions of those books..
As for the Easton Press version of The Dead Zone it was nothing more than a reprinting of the original Viking text block on a different paper stock with an introduction, some cheesy tip-in illustrations and fake leather binding. The Dead Zone is deserving of a true limited edition but a well done anniversary edition would be OK as well.

Merlin1958
05-18-2013, 02:32 PM

What is your point? Scream Press did a nice job with Skeleton Crew and Grant did a nice job with Christine and that didn't stop PS from doing anniversary editions of those books..
As for the Easton Press version of The Dead Zone it was nothing more than a reprinting of the original Viking text block on a different paper stock with an introduction, some cheesy tip-in illustrations and fake leather binding. The Dead Zone is deserving of a true limited edition but a well done anniversary edition would bo OK as well.

Excuse me. My bad

Jimimck
05-19-2013, 01:20 AM

I'm with you Bill. I think The Dead Zone has been done pretty well too, and there are other books that I'd like to see get the "special edition" treatment before that one again...

Re Thinner and Skeleton Crew being done in an anniversary edition, I thinks thats cool, cos I don't have a S/L Skeleton Crew (yet) and I'd love to have a special edition of that in my collection...

CyberGhostface
05-19-2013, 11:57 AM
Just wondering how do contracts for "limited editions" like these work? Do they expire after a while for other publishers to do them? Like if some other publisher wanted to do one for IT, would they have to go through Cemetery Dance?

Merlin1958
05-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Just wondering how do contracts for "limited editions" like these work? Do they expire after a while for other publishers to do them? Like if some other publisher wanted to do one for IT, would they have to go through Cemetery Dance?

That's a good question. I also wonder how these things work. I think maybe "Mr. Mears" mis understood my point. I guess I was more pointing out that there should be a underlying plan for these "Anniversary/Reprints". Don't get me wrong, generally I am all for them especially for the S/L ones that do justice to titles that didn't receive the "top shelf" treatment the first time out. To me, a lot of the more recent releases seem a bit "willy nilly". Of course, I may be missing something and probably I am.

I suppose above all I am as curious about the process as "Cyber" states above is all.