PDA

View Full Version : American Vampire - The Long Road To Hell

Ari_Racing
03-07-2013, 04:33 PM
http://geek-news.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/geek/2013/03/AM_VAMP_LONG_ROAD_11.jpg

Everybody's favorite vampire hunter Travis Kidd—the one who likes to “bite them back”— is making a return in a new "American Vampire" one shot this June from Vertigo.

Co-written by Scott Snyder and Rafael Albuquerque with art and cover by series artist Rafael Albuquerque, "American Vampire: The Long Road To Hell" #1 hits stores this June as a deliciously oversized issue. Tony Moore (of "Walking Dead" fame) provides the variant cover.

Albuquerque is understandably psyched about the book:

“This is my first time writing for Vertigo and it’s a big honor. Once it was decided we would go on hiatus, I approached Mark (our editor) with the idea of doing this special, so the fans could have a ‘taste of blood’ while waiting for the book's return. He liked the idea and we (Scott Snyder, Mark and I) began talking about it.”

He continues:

“I came up with a very rough initial idea, bringing up all the references I thought we should have in the story and then we worked hard on a brand new take on the AV universe — new characters, and the very special participation of fan-favorite Travis Kidd. I’m illustrating this special right now, and I couldn’t be more excited.”

A primal story seared deep into the American psyche, "American Vampire: The Long Road To Hell" is about two young lovers, a stolen car and the open road. Here's the twist: these young lovers are newly turned vampires trying to fight the blood thirst inside them. Worse: travelling trough the American Heartland, they’ve got a pack of angry vampires on their tails...along with Travis Kidd. Can Kidd stop the “Heartbreak Killers” before it all ends in tragedy?

"American Vampire: The Long Road To Hell" lands June 12. And "American Vampire" fans hang tight: look for the return of the ongoing series "American Vampire" later this year!

Source: MTV (http://geek-news.mtv.com/2013/03/07/american-vampire-the-long-road-to-hell/)

Bryant Burnette
03-08-2013, 01:27 AM
I've enjoyed the series so far, so you can go ahead and mark one of these down as sold.

Brainslinger
03-10-2013, 04:44 PM
I've only read the first volume of American Vampire. I enjoyed that a lot and intended to pick up the others... but I just haven't gotten around to it yet!

I'm sure I will though.

jdub
04-04-2013, 08:02 AM
This is great news, seems like a long time to wait for the series to return so I'm looking forward to this.