PDA

View Full Version : If...

Stebbins
02-02-2013, 06:41 PM
If Stephen King wrote a children's book would you buy it (comment with whether or not you would then read it to your kids)?

Ben Staad
02-03-2013, 01:14 AM
Of course I would buy it and share it with my children. My kids are older now but my daughters first SK book was TGWLTG pop-up.

mystima
02-03-2013, 10:15 AM
yes I would. Eyes of the Dragon I believe was written for his children, was it not?

jhanic
02-03-2013, 10:23 AM
I'm a completist--I'll buy anything King writes (especially fiction!)

John

Bev Vincent
02-03-2013, 10:34 AM
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon pop-up book was aimed at kids, too.

Stebbins
02-03-2013, 11:46 AM
I've never heard of a pop-up version prior to this thread. And I might have been a little buzzed last night :ninja:

jhanic
02-03-2013, 12:26 PM
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Stephen+King+First+Editions:Gir l+Who+Loved+Tom+Gordon+The+-+Pop+up

John

Coulrophobia
02-03-2013, 12:35 PM
I was crossing my fingers when Tom Gordon was published more of Mr. Kings other works would get the pop-up treatment. I would look forward to a children's book, and with today's technology it would be great if it was interactive.

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-03-2013, 03:00 PM
What John said. Although, having no kids I'd have to read it to my dog I guess.

Jimimck
02-03-2013, 07:50 PM
You mean I shouldn't read Firestarter and Carrie to my little girl?

Stebbins
02-03-2013, 07:54 PM

You do what you wanna do :lol: , I stared reading DT at twelve. Idk if his wheelhouse would be bedtime stories for my kids though, that's part of why I was asking. And I'd like to be cross-genre (and had a good amount of good beer).

Jimimck
02-03-2013, 10:33 PM

You do what you wanna do :lol: , I stared reading DT at twelve. Idk if his wheelhouse would be bedtime stories for my kids though, that's part of why I was asking. And I'd like to be cross-genre (and had a good amount of good beer).

Nah I'm just joking around.
I'd def buy a children's book by King. I'd have to buy two copies though, one for me, and one or my daughter lol.

I also read my first King book at 12. Cujo. I can't wait until Chloe is old enough to start reading them. I'm going to re read them all with her.

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-04-2013, 02:34 AM
I used to read Rod Serling's Twilight Zone paperbacks a LONG time ago, when I was just a kid. I lent one to my aunt, who crossed off all the 'bad' words with a black sharpie. That was a two fold lesson, never lend your books to anyone, and keep your forbidden knowledge to yourself. And I turned out to be a pretty normal person despite the corrupting influence of all those filthy books I read.

Well, that actually depends on your concept of what a normal person is, of course.

stkmw02
02-06-2013, 05:00 AM
I would absolutely love to add more King children's books to my library! First, I'm a completist as well and try to get my hands on anything King. Also, I can't wait to introduce my little one to King. I started reading King's works when I was 9 and had no "children's book" introduction. Dove in with Insomnia and quickly found that I liked drowning in his books! I have two copies of Tom Gordon - one specifically saved for my soon-to-arrive child. I have a pretty good recollection of which of King's works are a bit "softer" and could help ease a child into reading, so I plan to read aloud a few of those early on before letting the kid go wild on their own.

I'd especially like a Dark Tower children's story with Oy... since that inspired our nursery theme.

Jean
02-06-2013, 06:17 AM
I'd especially like a Dark Tower children's story with Oy... since that inspired our nursery theme.What a marvelous idea :rose:
Did you post the pictures somewhere? Did I miss them?

stkmw02
02-06-2013, 06:44 AM
Our nursery is still unfinished... we just bought the paint and hope to have it done by the end of February. It will be full of raccoons... the closest we could get to bumblers. lol

ICry4Oy
02-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Hell yes I'd buy it. No kids but IT'S STEPHEN KING!!!

I'd also never heard about TGWLTG pop up until last week when I found it at Half Price Books and bought it for $7.

Jean
02-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Stebbins: can you offer a more revealing title for this thread? I'll rename it if you tell me what you want it to be called. "If..." would only do for a Kipling thread, bears think.

ICry4Oy
02-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Stebbins: can you offer a more revealing title for this thread? I'll rename it if you tell me what you want it to be called. "If..." would only do for a Kipling thread, bears think.

At first, I thought King was writing an "It" sequel. :unsure:

EXPLORER
02-06-2013, 01:06 PM
I would definitely buy it. I would then read it and see which of my grand-kids it was appropriate for and likely buy them copies.
King is fabulous in character development and has shown insights of how kids think and look at things.
I imagine if he wrote some new stories with children in mind they would be great towards making kids look at themselves and others in ways they may not have thought to..

Sai Sheb
03-17-2020, 11:50 PM
Id buy it, read it and put it so my kids can't get their mucky hands on it... lol. Just joking id love a children's collection of short stories to get my kids into SK...