PDA

View Full Version : What do you like drawing most?

Letti
12-27-2007, 03:03 PM
I am in love with hands. I always watch them. They can tell so much about their owner. It might sound stupid but they can have so many "faces". Sometimes it happens to me that I don't remember the person's face or name but I can remember their hands.
And I love drawing them. They are quite hard for me but I love drawing hands so much.

What about you? What do you like drawing most? Hands? Eyes? Faces? Some creppy monsters or one certain person?

Matt
12-27-2007, 03:06 PM
I like drawing abstract things like the Tower itself. I have no talent and that allows me to get by. :lol:

Brice
12-27-2007, 03:08 PM
I draw people on a beach from some myserious doors.

jayson
12-27-2007, 03:17 PM
most of them come out terrible, but i like drawing guitars.

Mike Beck
12-27-2007, 05:14 PM
i like to draw faces, eyes especially. i usually always start out drawing them first. a lot of pages of sketch pads i have are just eyes that i gave up putting a face around.

i'm envious of you letti. hands are the devil. i have a really hard time with them.

Letti
12-27-2007, 10:15 PM
most of them come out terrible, but i like drawing guitars.

How nice. :)

Anyway I love drawing eyes, too. As a child all my books and nootbooks were full of eyes.

alinda
12-28-2007, 06:55 AM
landscapes

Rjeso
12-28-2007, 07:07 AM
I doodle. I don't draw many actual objects. You know the flash art found in tattoo parlors, with the tribal and the lines and the curves and the swirls and that sort of thing? That's what I end up doing most.

Jean
12-28-2007, 07:17 AM
Flowers. Castles, towers, palaces, and the like.

Letti
12-28-2007, 07:22 AM
Flowers. Castles, towers, palaces, and the like.
What type of flowers? All?

Jean
12-28-2007, 07:24 AM
All, but mostly (surprise, surprise!) roses http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_original.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_original.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_original.gif

alinda
12-28-2007, 07:24 AM
:rose: roses?

Letti
12-28-2007, 07:41 AM
All, but mostly (surprise, surprise!) roses http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_original.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_original.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_original.gif
I wish I could see them.

Jean
12-28-2007, 08:07 AM
they are not very good. I'll take pictures when I can. :rose: :rose: :rose:

Grillslinger
12-28-2007, 10:33 AM
I have to say that hands are my favorite too! They can be so expressive!

Letti
12-28-2007, 11:35 AM
I have to say that hands are my favorite too! They can be so expressive!

:couple:
I was waiting for your answer here.

JasKo
12-28-2007, 01:32 PM
I rarely draw anything actually. But what I do really often is write my own name wherever and whenever... man am I too selfs-centered?

Letti
12-28-2007, 01:48 PM
I rarely draw anything actually. But what I do really often is write my own name wherever and whenever... man am I too selfs-centered?

And do you write other things too or just your name? :D

JasKo
12-28-2007, 02:22 PM

Secret love letters to you Letti! <3 :wub:

But on a side note, 5 years back, at a age of 16, i wrote poems all the time. I still have the a whole book with all poems I wrote. Ofcourse, they are all love poems. The book is at my parents house, I might take a look and pick one out just for you! :D

Letti
12-28-2007, 02:35 PM

Secret love letters to you Letti! <3 :wub:

But on a side note, 5 years back, at a age of 16, i wrote poems all the time. I still have the a whole book with all poems I wrote. Ofcourse, they are all love poems. The book is at my parents house, I might take a look and pick one out just for you! :D

I would be interested in them and I am sure I am not alone with it. :)

Jon
12-29-2007, 12:57 AM
I have shitty penmanship and this converts to a lack of even remote drawing skills. The only thing I draw is a paycheck.

I reckon that is why I take so many pics.

Darkthoughts
12-29-2007, 06:33 AM
Mike - I always start with the eyes too :thumbsup:

I like to draw fantasy stuff mainly - that way you don't have to adhere to standard anatomy rules. But I have a real passion for mermaids - I've got tons of mermaid sketches/paintings.

Brice
12-29-2007, 06:40 AM
I haven't drawn in years I don't think. Most of my drawing is very abstract, bizarre, and surreal.

Darkthoughts
12-29-2007, 06:49 AM
That's the best kind ;)

Brice
12-29-2007, 06:57 AM
:huglove:

Anyhow, their quality is what you'd expect from a teenager tripping on acid.

Darkthoughts
12-29-2007, 07:11 AM
No lie, I did some of my best artwork in that very state ;)

Brice
12-29-2007, 07:14 AM
Me too! My friends and I would do collaborative pictures on acid...just a bunch of us with one piece of paper and markers, colored pencils, whatever. :D Good fuckin' times. Good memories! :cool:

Darkthoughts
12-29-2007, 07:18 AM
NO WAY!!! We did that a couple of times on some rolls of plain wallpaper...wish I still had that :D

Brice
12-29-2007, 07:19 AM
The wallpaper or the acid? :shifty:

Damn, I need that smilie. It is my favorite.

Darkthoughts
12-29-2007, 07:21 AM
The er...*considers*...the wallpaper, definately :D I don't think my brain could handle the acid anymore :lol: Excessive consumption!

Brice
12-29-2007, 07:23 AM
No offense...but it's doubtful you could have been more excessive than me with it Lisa! :lol:

confession: ...and sometimes I miss it ALOT.

Darkthoughts
12-29-2007, 08:56 AM
:lol: From about 1990 to 1995 raves were the big thing here, and most people used E, but I always preferred LSD - cheaper and more my sort of thing really ;) I have no doubt you were probably more excessive then me though...:P :huglove:

Brice
12-29-2007, 08:58 AM
Only because I rarely paid for anything. :thumbsup: lsd was always my drug of choice, even more so than pot. X was available though and could be a fun change of mind.

Darkthoughts
12-29-2007, 09:10 AM
I enjoyed E if I was dancing all night, but ditto what you just said really ;)

Brice
12-29-2007, 09:11 AM
I enjoyed E if I was dancing all night, but ditto what you just said really ;)

Oh, I don't dance, but I enjoyed it anyhow alot...just not quite as much as acid.

Matt
12-31-2007, 01:49 PM
We did the walls one night as some chicks house--I think I slept with her.

She was unpretty :ninja:

jayson
12-31-2007, 04:31 PM
but I always preferred LSD - cheaper and more my sort of thing really ;)

same here. not that i didn't like rolls, i just liked tripping more. this being new years is the anniversary of my biggest indulgence, and best new years ever in 1999/2000. that was quite a weekend, a lot of which still influences my art and music sensibilities [all in a positive way]. at least i remember it which is certainly not true of all of my exp with it. still mostly a positive. truth be told, i prefer mushrooms. all the trippy, none of the speedy.

Erin
12-31-2007, 11:43 PM

:rofl: That cracked me up. I've screwed some "unpretties" too.

Back on topic, I can't draw worth crap, but I will doodle sometimes to the best of my abilities. I like to draw women in medieval dress, or fantasy clothes. Interesting stuff like that.

Letti
01-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Mike - I always start with the eyes too :thumbsup:

You can draw anything you start with the eyes all the time?

Darkthoughts
01-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Anything that has eyes, yep thats where I start :D Not sure why...but I've always done it that way...except for at art college where I had to pretend to do it their way :lol:

jayson
01-02-2008, 12:00 PM
whenever i draw people, or humanoid type things, i almost always start with the eyes [or sometimes one ear if i am drawing them in profile]. something about trying to make each pair of eyes i draw unique from all others. it doesn't always come out that way, but i do start there.

Letti
01-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Isn't it hard to... fit everything to them?

Darkthoughts
01-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Makes it easier for me to figure the proportions :)

Mike Beck
01-02-2008, 05:42 PM
they're a good anchor for the rest of the face. ;)

btw, i never did e, always acid or shrooms. and i bugged out hard in las vegas on acid in 2000 and haven't done any hallucinogens since. but those years definitely shaped how i draw and paint and think now, i believe in a positive way, but maybe also in a darker way. kind of. :)

Bethany
01-02-2008, 07:03 PM
i have 2 little dudes that i've drawn for years and years.
i like drawing thumbs, spheres that are shaded in, and bouquets of flowers.

Darkthoughts
01-03-2008, 04:30 AM
i bugged out hard in las vegas on acid in 2000 and haven't done any hallucinogens since.
I haven't done them for years for the same reason. Infact I haven't done anything in the last 9 years that I've been a Mum - having a hangover in the morning is bad enough, I couldn't handle a come down :D

I'll have the odd toke if I'm at a party or whatever...but pots different imo ;)

but those years definitely shaped how i draw and paint and think now, i believe in a positive way, but maybe also in a darker way. kind of. :)
Me too. I think it gave me a better perception of my subject matter, as in looking for abstractions in ordinary things. And use of colour - well, applying that awareness of colour you have when you trip out.

ATG
01-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Whenever I doodle I produce an Eye.

ATG
01-06-2008, 01:25 PM
No lie, I did some of my best artwork in that very state ;)

Are you saying you are Micheal Whelan?

Darkthoughts
01-08-2008, 07:21 AM
No, I'm female for one thing :lol:

LadyHitchhiker
01-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Cats.

William50
01-12-2008, 08:33 PM
Cats?

LadyHitchhiker
01-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Yep. I like dressing I mean drawing cats the best.

William50
01-12-2008, 08:55 PM
I like drawing towers and gunslingers!

LadyHitchhiker
01-12-2008, 09:02 PM
I like drawing cats next to towers dressed as gunslingers.

Letti
01-13-2008, 12:11 AM
I like drawing cats next to towers dressed as gunslingers.

Liz, I am crazy about you girl! :lol:

LadyHitchhiker
01-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Cats are fun...

Cats even in wheelchairs are fun too...

Daghain
01-22-2008, 10:12 PM
Letti, this is an awesome thread. It's giving me all kinds of ideas of how to spread out the Towerpedia! artwork contest stuff. Knowing what people like to draw helps a LOT. :)

I can't draw for shit, which is why I write. You have to draw it in your own mind, that way. :lol:

LadyHitchhiker
01-22-2008, 10:19 PM
I used to draw aliens all the time... those are fun.... and I like to draw horses...

LadyHitchhiker
01-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Horses with gunslingers on them...

Letti
01-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Horses with gunslingers on them...

Thanks Daghain. :D

Liz, I would like to see your drawings.

LadyHitchhiker
01-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Ahhh they're more cartoons than anything, but I'll see what I can scrounge up...

Letti
01-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Ahhh they're more cartoons than anything, but I'll see what I can scrounge up...

Oh yeeeeees!!!

Storyslinger
01-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Eyes

Mark
02-23-2008, 06:39 PM
I like to draw Anime. I find it fairly easy, except for the face (not facial features but the actual shape) and the hands. I have a picture of a drawing i did.

http://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?image=copyofgokubymedh3.jpg

LadyHitchhiker
03-24-2008, 01:22 PM
I also like to draw birds...

obscurejude
03-24-2008, 08:04 PM
I like to draw landscapes the most, but I like to paint a lot of abstract stuff. Everything I've sold has been abstract.

LadyHitchhiker
05-01-2008, 03:29 PM
I love drawing pictures for other people... it's better than just drawing for myself..

Letti
05-02-2008, 03:12 AM
I love drawing pictures for other people... it's better than just drawing for myself..

We love it, too and we feel blessed. :rose:

Sir_Boomme
05-02-2008, 11:42 AM
what do I like to draw most...hmmmm...
well

NEKID females - of course...:thumbsup:

seriously, after 8 nude drawing classes at the university of texas i do like drawing nudes quite a bit... men or women (though i like women better when using live models ;) )

after that... one of my favorite things is to either have someone scribble a line (or do it myself) on a piece of paper and then i have to use that line as a starting point and make something from it. when i do this... i'm not really doing the drawing...the pen is... i generally have absolutely no idea where the drawing is heading until it's almost through.

the below are two drawings that started out this way-both were done during hour-long boring meetings at work- i had a coworker scribble a line on some typing paper and then i just let the pen take off from there:

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh59/boom_art/drawn%20art/ThisFlewOutofMyAssThisMorning-.jpg?

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh59/boom_art/drawn%20art/Intestinal-Portal-and-the-Seman.jpg?

Tiffany
07-16-2008, 11:28 AM

:lol:

I like to paint people, especially people performing. If I could have a talent, I would love to be a great dancer, singer or musician...anything in the performing arts. Since I can't, I paint them or sketch them.

I used to always start faces with the eyes, too, but my favorite art teacher in high school gave me a couple tips that have really helped me over the years.

Boome, that's a pretty good idea just starting from a random line or scribble. Must really get your creativity going.

Letti
07-16-2008, 12:25 PM
I have another question for you.
What's the hardest to draw for you?
For my faces. I cannot draw faces.

Tiffany
07-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Hands. Like Mike, I envy you with the hands. One of the things my art teacher told me is that hands are about as long as the face and that always made it harder for me. They looked too big and bulky, but otherwise, they looked too small.

I find it hard to do smiles, as well. I don't think I've got a smiling face in any of my paintings or drawings. They always seemed to look more like grimaces.

Jean
07-16-2008, 12:50 PM

people!!!
with that handicap of mine - namely, an almost total lack of visual constituent in my picture of the world, - I just don't remember what they look like. I don't mean some particular people - that goes without saying - but generally, how the human body is organized, the neck, and shoulders, and the rest.
Strictly speaking, I don't remember what anything looks like, but it's people who come out total monsters... you can't butcher a flower or a fish or a gate or a hunting horn too bad, you see... moreover, some things can just be reconstructed going by their purpose and logic of their parts, like, for example, a guitar or a house... while people just can't.

Melike
11-23-2008, 08:48 AM
I am in love with hands. I always watch them. They can tell so much about their owner. It might sound stupid but they can have so many "faces". Sometimes it happens to me that I don't remember the person's face or name but I can remember their hands.
And I love drawing them. They are quite hard for me but I love drawing hands so much.

What about you? What do you like drawing most? Hands? Eyes? Faces? Some creppy monsters or one certain person?
I love to everything, but in everything I draw, generally -not all of them-, there is a woman.

I have another question for you.
For my faces. I cannot draw faces.
Male face.

p.s.: I like this thread, Letti.

Letti
11-23-2008, 08:53 AM

I love to everything, but in everything I draw, generally -not all of them-, there is a woman.

Is it conscious?

Melike
11-23-2008, 09:32 AM

Is it conscious?
Rarely conscious. Generally I add a woman figure without planning.

Letti
11-23-2008, 11:42 AM

Is it conscious?
Rarely conscious. Generally I add a woman figure without planning.

It's really interesting.

LadyHitchhiker
11-23-2008, 01:29 PM
I really need to start drawing again...

Letti
11-23-2008, 01:30 PM
I really need to start drawing again...

I couldn't agree more.

LadyHitchhiker
11-23-2008, 01:35 PM
I really want to draw a Hoffslinger.. but I'm not as good with people-drawing as I am critter-drawing...

Letti
11-28-2008, 11:16 PM
I really want to draw a Hoffslinger.. but I'm not as good with people-drawing as I am critter-drawing...

practise ;)

Melike
11-29-2008, 12:39 PM
Drawing clouds are so much fun, too.
They can be anything you want them to be; even in real life.

Letti
11-29-2008, 02:00 PM

When I was a kid I loved drawing or painting clouds and I always coloured them blue. But one day an ugly and aggressive teacher came to my desk when I was around the age of 7 and drawing happily. She put her long finger with red fake nail on my pieace of paper told me the clouds weren't blue but white and the sky was blue.
I felt so broken at that moment.

Brice
11-29-2008, 02:04 PM

When I was a kid I loved drawing or painting clouds and I always coloured them blue. But one day an ugly and aggressive teacher came to my desk when I was around the age of 7 and drawing happily. She put her long finger with red fake nail on my pieace of paper told me the clouds weren't blue but white and the sky was blue.

You should send her some pictures of pretty blue clouds, dear. :dance:

Letti
11-29-2008, 02:10 PM

I have no idea where she is and she doesn't deserve my blue clouds. :D

Brice
11-29-2008, 02:12 PM

I have no idea where she is and she doesn't deserve my blue clouds. :D

Very true! :couple:

Heather19
11-29-2008, 02:30 PM

I feel your pain.
Back when I was in nursery school. I remember one assignment we had where we had to draw a picture on a plate for a present for our parents. So I drew a picture of a little girl, and granted at that age my drawing abilities were very limited, so I drew these stick like hands. Well my teacher insisted that hands did not look like that and made me redraw them. So my nice little girl ended up with 4 arms instead!

Brice
11-29-2008, 02:32 PM
There is something seriously wrong with so-called teachers like that. <_<

Heather19
11-29-2008, 02:34 PM
I know! Let a kid draw the way they want to draw. I mean it was nursery school, not an advanced drawing class.

Melike
11-30-2008, 01:53 AM

I feel your pain.
Back when I was in nursery school. I remember one assignment we had where we had to draw a picture on a plate for a present for our parents. So I drew a picture of a little girl, and granted at that age my drawing abilities were very limited, so I drew these stick like hands. Well my teacher insisted that hands did not look like that and made me redraw them. So my nice little girl ended up with 4 arms instead!

Oh, it seems the world is full of such people. My teachers were the same, and thats why I draw my first picture in faculty.

And, still when I draw or paint something, people are always saying ''Why are you drawing weird things?'' :arg: And I think I just draw very normal things.
I don't care.

And Letti, I'd be very very happy if I could see your blue clouds. :drool:

BROWNINGS CHILDE
11-30-2008, 03:11 AM
growing up, I loved to draw the pictures from "CARtoons" magazine. I now like to draw mostly MC Escher's and portraits.