PDA

View Full Version : The spoon thing...

Letti
12-26-2007, 02:40 PM
So...
the Crimson King commits suicide by swallowing a razor-edged spoon so that Roland can't kill him...
and let's stop right here.

Guys... do you see any logic in it?
For my part I didn't get this part. No, not at all.
You would make me really happy with some explanation.
I say thank you.

Daghain
12-26-2007, 02:51 PM
Since he can't really die, killing himself makes him kind of "undead" so Roland can't kill him by conventional means. :D

Letti
12-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Since he can't really die, killing himself makes him kind of "undead" so Roland can't kill him by conventional means. :D

:scared:

I think it's over me...

Matt
12-26-2007, 03:24 PM
Its the same reason you can't "kill" a vampire Letti. Technically already dead so bullets and stuff don't have an effect.

Arthur Heath
12-26-2007, 05:34 PM
I think Letti's beginning to realize the conclusion that I had to come to after DT7. You have to appreciate the entire story (journey) as a whole and not by the ending.

Wuducynn
12-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Part of Los' had the chance of being killed by Roland's guns. Los' was so upset by Roland's ka-tet's success he saw through the Wizard's Glass that he snapped and decided he didn't want to take the chance of Roland being able to stop him somehow, and since he has style, pinache, joie de vivre etc, he put that part of himself out of reach by swallowing a sharpened spoon.
That takes some serious guts.

Letti
12-26-2007, 11:34 PM
Okay... if we don't count the the comics, is the Crimson King a human being?

Wuducynn
12-27-2007, 06:22 PM
I'm sorry, Letti we can't not include the comics. At least I can't. So I guess we can't discuss this completely. The comics are from King (all of it is greenlit from him and the end-stories are from him, Furth works with King in writing them) so are part of the overall canon. Either way, no, the CK is not human.

Letti
12-27-2007, 11:52 PM
I am sure I am boring but if I am not... please answer some more questions for me. :)
If Mordred had killed himself somehow - with a sharp spoon, for example - Roland wouldn't have been able to kill him?