PDA

View Full Version : A Todash Anachronism

jayson
12-26-2007, 05:53 AM
Started a re-read [re-listen really as I am doing via audiobook] of Wolves this morning and I noticed an anachronism in the first todash trip back to NYC. Jake hears the noise from a passerby's walkman headphones. A nice touch for the story except this was supposed to be 1977, and the first walkman wasn't produced until 1979. Perhaps Sony worked a bit faster on this level of the Tower.

Brice
12-26-2007, 06:11 AM
Or King made a slight faux pas?

jayson
12-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Or King made a slight faux pas?

King, a faux pas? Never in life. LOL:dance:

Matt
12-26-2007, 01:50 PM
That wasn't keystone world so I would suspect it could have been a bit sooner.

Sony=Sombra :ninja:

:lol:

jayson
12-26-2007, 01:52 PM

So you figure they use some of the neighboring worlds as test markets for new products? "Hey, these things are testing through the roof in America B & America G, so get them to Keystone America NOW!!!":rock:

Matt
12-26-2007, 01:59 PM
:rofl:

Why the hell not I say!

Wuducynn
12-26-2007, 07:00 PM
These kind of things I just put to the differences in the worlds like has already been mentioned. For instance there is no such thing as as Jake's Father's .44 caliber Ruger semi-auto...on OUR level of the Tower ;)

jayson
12-27-2007, 04:10 AM
These kind of things I just put to the differences in the worlds like has already been mentioned. For instance there is no such thing as as Jake's Father's .44 caliber Ruger semi-auto...on OUR level of the Tower ;)

Exactly, as with King's disjointed geography of Manhattan [ie. where the UN building is located, etc]. These things are amusing to note as little "mistakes" King makes, but they're also fun to note as "siguls" of different levels of the Tower. There are other worlds than these.

jayson
01-02-2008, 10:48 AM

It was Keystone World when Eddie first goes there via Black 1 & the Unfound Door to convince Cal to sell the lot to the Tet, and the first thing Eddie experienced when he went there was the same dude walking by with the Walkman headphones. A wee small mistake on King's part, but one that can't be chalked up to another level of the Tower. This was Keystone. -1 for King.

Wuducynn
01-02-2008, 01:45 PM
Well in the Dark Tower series King's world, the Keystone world, the Walk-Man was invented earlier than in this one.

razz
07-01-2008, 02:24 PM
http://www.oop-ack.com/mt/art/162.jpg
seems plausible that they would take control of the electronics business as soon as possible. It would also explain why the PS3 is so expensive, and they haven't made a DT game.

BillyxRansom
08-06-2008, 10:35 AM
^ FUCKING LOL'D

LadyHitchhiker
08-06-2008, 02:29 PM
:wtf:

That's great...