PDA

View Full Version : Old Man and the Soldier

rradicob
12-12-2007, 09:06 PM
deleted

Storyslinger
12-13-2007, 07:16 AM
I like that, and think it would make a great longer story, and possibly a novel, were you willing to put the time into it.

keep the writing coming

Matt
12-13-2007, 08:19 AM
I think its pretty good myself. I love solider stories.

But I agree with the above, it would do well to be fleshed out a bit.

rradicob
12-14-2007, 02:24 AM
Thanks for the reply.
I considered writing more to the story, but for now I'm leaving it right where it is. When I wrote the story, I wrote it as I saw it.
Figure that either a) I see the rest of the picture later on or, b) it'll work it's way into another story. Which actually happened to another "story" of mine (was actually something I wrote based upon a dream I had, but wrote it more as a...study on a character that's going to be in a [what I plan on being] three book series).
Currently working on a story that's influenced (and wouldn't exist if not for) upon what seems to be referred to as the "assignment in On Writing". I'll post it once I'm done, which I'm planning to be by Christmas. However the final draft make take until the end of the year since it's easily going to be 10 to 20 pages or more typed, size 10 font, and single spaced.

Heading off to the bed for the night.

Thanks again for the replies, and I promise I'll post more stories as I finish them. So far I've got a library of ideas, unfortunately (or maybe it is) that none of them are very short ones.

Good night.

-Richard

Matt
12-14-2007, 11:56 AM
We look forward to it Richard, thanks for signing up.

Plenty of other great member writings in here so make sure you read and respond in those threads as well.

Its a community thing :grouphug:

Storyslinger
12-18-2007, 08:03 AM
Like Matt said, looking forward to it

Jon
12-27-2007, 11:48 PM
Be careful "leaving it." I left one and cannot end it.

Seymour_Glass
04-26-2008, 12:35 PM
I really like it. It works well as a standalone, but it could easily be turned into a longer story, or be a part of that story's world.

mia/susannah
04-26-2008, 06:18 PM
I would like to know if you added to this story, or if you left it alone and if you have had it published?