PDA

View Full Version : Question about doors in Mid World

unclelouie
10-05-2012, 07:09 AM
I've just begun DT VII, and read up to the point where "Chumley" the robot carries Suze down the escalator to the Fedic doors. We know that the Old People used these doors to travel to different times/places, but man-made doors are only one way. So this begs the question. How the hell did the Old People return once they went through these doors? I must be missing something very simple here....

WeDealInLead
10-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Doors work both ways my man.

unclelouie
10-09-2012, 05:41 AM
Then why does Sai King say that man made doors are "one way"....

mattgreenbean
10-09-2012, 09:41 AM
I can't argue if they are one way or not, but I think there are other ways to travel mentioned in passing. Either way, I'm sure the old ones had maps of other door locations.

Is there mention in the Concordance?

Merlin1958
10-12-2012, 07:49 PM
I can't argue if they are one way or not, but I think there are other ways to travel mentioned in passing. Either way, I'm sure the old ones had maps of other door locations.

Is there mention in the Concordance?

As I recall, There were "Magic" or "Naturally created doors" and "Man Made" doors. The latter were "Two-Way" and of course there were "thinny's" and "Todash space" which could accomplish the same, but check me on this.

pathoftheturtle
10-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Simple: the men who could make doors ("Great Old Ones") made those doors that went one way into another world, then made another door n that world that went one way back.

Merlin1958
10-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Simple: the men who could make doors ("Great Old Ones") made those doors that went one way into another world, then made another door n that world that went one way back.

I don't think that was it to my memory, but I could be wrong.