PDA

View Full Version : The Collectible Justin Cronin

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

biomieg
07-20-2012, 01:49 PM
I don't think there's a Justin Cronin Collecting thread yet, so I'll create one - I think there's sufficient interest in his work and his collectible books.

I just came across a picture of the lettered edition of THE PASSAGE (I lifted the pic from Justin Cronin's Facebook page, he happens to be one of my connections - I haven't checked the publisher's page yet):

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/602568_487532551276800_1093594750_n.jpg

Looks pretty nice!!

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Sorry, can't look at the picture until I get my book, I wanna be surprised!

Dan
07-20-2012, 04:05 PM
I'm thinking someone here feels sorry for me and wants to sell me their lettered version for cover price when they get it.

WeDealInLead
07-20-2012, 04:08 PM
I don't think he needs his own thread. He published one book (that we care about.) I've seen decent Garton, Koontz, Rice etc collections on here that don't have their own thread.

jhanic
07-20-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm not a Cronin collector at all, but there seem to be enough people that are interested in him to have his own thread. Also, there seem to be numerous variations of that one book to keep things interesting.

John

Room 217 Caretaker
07-20-2012, 04:42 PM
The 2nd in the trilogy "The Twelve" arcs are starting to show up, and the public release will be October 2012.

That gives us more to talk about.

Mulleins

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-20-2012, 04:51 PM
I'm thinking someone here feels sorry for me and wants to sell me their lettered version for cover price when they get it.

Good luck with that!

I'm bidding on two Cronin ARCs on E-bay now. I'll probably lose them both but I'm keeping my 12 fingers crossed.

Dan
07-20-2012, 04:55 PM

Good luck with that!

I'm bidding on two Cronin ARCs on E-bay now. I'll probably lose them both but I'm keeping my 12 fingers crossed.

Did you get The Twelve?

Ricky
07-20-2012, 06:41 PM
I've been checking his site for signing tour information, but nothing yet!

Brice
07-20-2012, 07:34 PM
I don't think he needs his own thread. He published one book (that we care about.) I've seen decent Garton, Koontz, Rice etc collections on here that don't have their own thread.

Feel free to start threads for those or any other authors. Interest will determine how long any thread lives. :)

mistercrowley
07-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Loved The Passage. I think he definitely deserves a thread

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-21-2012, 01:24 AM
Outbid on THE TWELVE. Not sure how high to go.

Room 217 Caretaker
07-21-2012, 04:04 AM
Outbid on THE TWELVE. Not sure how high to go.

15 sold on EBay so far with ending prices ranging from $15-$105.

I need one myself but wonder what value would be in November after October release?

Mulleins

jhanic
07-21-2012, 04:18 AM
Speaking as a proof collector, they seem fairly plentiful, so I'd tend to the lower of the range.

John

Dan
07-21-2012, 04:35 AM
I couldn't bring myself to pay $60 right now. I figured after the release it will go down some. I say $60 because that is the price I could have had one.

becca69
07-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Hey guys, what do you think a US first (with errors) value is in NF or better condition?

biomieg
07-22-2012, 12:28 AM
It seems like people are actively looking for the 'misprint' edition, but do the errors really add to the value of the book? Genuine question!

To me it falls in the same category as other misprints (e.g., text block bound upside down, missing or duplicate pages), I don't feel like it's a true separate and collectible state of the book. What's the consensus here?

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-22-2012, 03:13 AM
I paid about $90 for my FINE misprint edition, which is also signed (although I didn't card whether it was signed or not).

The misprint edition is the true 1st printing, as they were recalled and corrected, if my information is correct. That makes it collectible to me.

Dan
07-22-2012, 03:39 AM
I paid $40 for my errored copy in fine condition, also signed. It also came with a signed flyer. This was all from our own Jerome.

carlosdetweiller
07-22-2012, 04:39 AM
It seems like people are actively looking for the 'misprint' edition, but do the errors really add to the value of the book? Genuine question!

To me it falls in the same category as other misprints (e.g., text block bound upside down, missing or duplicate pages), I don't feel like it's a true separate and collectible state of the book. What's the consensus here?

Wouldn't the copies with errors be considered the earlier state and, therefore, more desirable to collectors?

Room 217 Caretaker
07-22-2012, 05:29 AM
I have my 3 copies with errors (1 unsigned, 2 signed) listed in my collecting software as "Early State". So yes, I agree with Bobs statement.

Mulleins

becca69
07-22-2012, 06:49 AM
Thanks everyone. I found one in a used bookstore and I'm considering selling it. If anyone is interested, message me. I'm out of town at the moment so I might not get right back to you.

Dan
07-22-2012, 07:34 AM
I have my 3 copies with errors (1 unsigned, 2 signed) listed in my collecting software as "Early State". So yes, I agree with Bobs statement.

Mulleins

Do you mind sharing what collecting software you use?

WeDealInLead
07-22-2012, 07:55 AM
Isn't it possible that they were released at the same time? I find it very hard to believe they would print such a small ammount of books and release them to bookstores. This was destined to be a best-seller from the get-go, why would they print a small quantity? I believe they were released to the public at the same time and that they corrected the mistakes during the printing process.

Edit: also, if the quantity wasn't small (and I'm wrong about it), shouldn't the next batch of books with errors corrected be considered (and marked) as second printing with a number line starting with 2? You can't have two first printings. Either the one with mistakes is the first one and they forgot to change the number line in the corrected version, or they were both released at the same time.

Room 217 Caretaker
07-22-2012, 08:26 AM
The publisher wasn't aware of the error until readers started calling. They quickly made an announcement to bookstores to pull the error edition for replacement. For those of us that did call, we could send our error copy direct to publisher (I didn't of course) for replacement as well, and they gave us a link to a PDF of corrected chapter.

Again, they didn't know this happened. I think the first print number with errors is large, but I also know a ton of them was sent back and destroyed.

No, they didn't correct the number line. We have two edition in the market. One with error and number line 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 and one with corrections with number line
10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1. So, this is why I call my error copies "Early State" first edition.

Am I wrong?

Mulleins

willie3
07-22-2012, 08:28 AM
I was under the impression (sorry my memory is not what it used to be) the "2" states were printed at the same time, but at different presses? When I went to return my mis-printed edition, I found the local B&N to have about 50/50 mix of the book. This was the week of release.

Scored a signed The Twelve arc early in the eBay offerings, reading now after a re-read of The Passage.

Karl

WeDealInLead
07-22-2012, 08:29 AM
Ah fuck, so now I need to get the error edition too. I figured it was just a small handful of books and they noticed it during printing. This changes things.

Thanks for the info.

willie3
07-22-2012, 08:34 AM
Ah fuck, so now I need to get the error edition too. I figured it was just a small handful of books and they noticed it during printing. This changes things.

Thanks for the info.

Never bought into the F-Upped Edition collecting.
No different IMHO than a dented edition. (Start up the flame throwers!)

Karl

Room 217 Caretaker
07-22-2012, 08:35 AM
Karl

The corrected version is 2 in the print line? Need to climb ladder in The Closet and pull down corrected version. In case I slip and fall, someone else check copies please. My fault if I'm telling everyone wrong. Off to The Closet.

Mulleins

willie3
07-22-2012, 08:44 AM
Karl

The corrected version is 2 in the print line? Need to climb ladder in The Closet and pull down corrected version. In case I slip and fall, someone else check copies please. My fault if I'm telling everyone wrong. Off to The Closet.

Mulleins

No Sir, still has a full number line. (Stay off the ladder!)

Karl

Room 217 Caretaker
07-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Karl

Mulleins

No Sir, still has a full number line. (Stay off the ladder!)

Karl

haha......saved me a trip and an ankle. Thanks

jhanic
07-22-2012, 10:20 AM
I'd say the error edition is the first state, and the corrected version is the second state.

John

Ricky
07-22-2012, 12:13 PM
the corrected version is the second state.

The second first state. ;)

biomieg
07-22-2012, 12:24 PM
The misprint edition is the true 1st printing, as they were recalled and corrected, if my information is correct. That makes it collectible to me.

The publisher wasn't aware of the error until readers started calling. They quickly made an announcement to bookstores to pull the error edition for replacement. For those of us that did call, we could send our error copy direct to publisher (I didn't of course) for replacement as well, and they gave us a link to a PDF of corrected chapter.

Ah, thanks. I didn't know this. In that case I agree that the 'error' edition is collectible (to a certain degree).

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-22-2012, 02:53 PM
It doesn't really matter to me because I want all the states anyway.

I hope to have a THE TWELVE proof one day too Karl. I'm glad you found one. I'd never read a proof of a book I'm going to buy the trade edition of, but that's because I'm so far behind in my reading all the time. However, I do plan on reading most of the ARCs CD sent me through the reading clubs.

Randall Flagg
07-22-2012, 03:42 PM
I'd say the error edition is the first state, and the corrected version is the second state.

John
As mentioned, both states (of the 1st edtion, 1st printing) were released at the same time. The error was a result of more than one printer being used.
I think it's funny how at the time it was just one of those things you deal with, and now (that the second of the trilogy) is due out, collector's go apoplectic about it (not having one of each).
Oh, just to throw a monkey wrench into it, Cronin pre-signed pages that were tipped in books-most of which were put on display in advance of his appearance at a reading, and stickered as "signed". He then signed books after the reading.
Therefore the following states of the trade US 1St Edition 1St printing exist (perhaps more):

1st, 1st with errors.
1st 1st without noted errors.
1st 1st with pre-signed tipped in signature sheet-and a sticker on front denoting signed by author-with errors.
1st 1st with pre-signed tipped in signature sheet-and a sticker on front denoting signed by author-without errors.
1st 1st with pre-signed tipped in signature sheet-and a sticker on front denoting signed by author-with errors, and additionally signed/dated by Cronin.
1st 1st with pre-signed tipped in signature sheet-and a sticker on front denoting signed by author-without errors and additionally signed/dated by Cronin.

Etc. Etc.

Randall Flagg
07-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Start here-post 7207, and then you have to read through 2 months of posts.
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?377-Your-New-Pride-and-Joy!/page289

herbertwest
07-22-2012, 04:31 PM
Hey guys, what do you think a US first (with errors) value is in NF or better condition?

What are those errors?

carlosdetweiller
07-22-2012, 05:14 PM
What are those errors?

Check out this link. I think it covers them.

http://www.vjbooks.com/Tell-me-about-the-errors-found-in-The-Passage-by-Justin-Cro-s/1033.htm

Randall Flagg
07-22-2012, 05:46 PM
The errors themselves are almost irrelevant-to Collectors. A publishers nightmare, but just an errata for readers.
Who knows, but I doubt in 25 years that any of the versions will be worth (sell for) much. Too many people know, and too many have versions to make it more than just interesting.
I damn near;-actually I did, give copies away back in July 2010.

Randall Flagg
07-24-2012, 12:44 PM
These are from Cronin's reading/Q&A July 19,2010. The first one is dedicated to carlosdetweiler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ms6dmtwE4&feature=channel&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy6_Xs3g3VY&feature=channel&list=UL

carlosdetweiller
07-25-2012, 03:58 AM
Pretty funny! For newcomers the story is that Jerome said he was going to a signing and Q&A with Justin Cronin. He asked the forum members if they had any questions they would like for him to ask. Because I usually act like a smart-ass I said "Yeah. Ask him where he gets his ideas." Never dreamed he would actually ask him that!

Randall Flagg
07-25-2012, 05:49 AM
Yes. It was a funny comment on your part in reference to a question that drives SK nuts.

Tito_Villa
07-25-2012, 06:18 AM
Finally got my hands on a ARC for 'The Twelve', can't wait to start reading it later ... really hope it's as good as 'The Passage'!!!

biomieg
07-25-2012, 06:26 AM
I don't 'collect' Cronin to the extent that I look for signed editions and ARCs but in this case I would love to get my hands on one, just so I can read it during my upcoming holiday....

Ricky
07-25-2012, 08:26 AM
Finally got my hands on a ARC for 'The Twelve', can't wait to start reading it later ... really hope it's as good as 'The Passage'!!!

To start saving for your wedding, I think the only smart thing to do would be to sell it to me. :lol:

Randall Flagg
07-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Excerpt from The twelve:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/96710395/THE-TWELVE-Book-2-of-The-Passage-Trilogy-by-Justin-Cronin

Randall Flagg
07-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Random House is sending me an ARC, but I can't post a review until the publication date-October 16, 2012.

Ricky
07-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Random House is sending me an ARC, too.

Okay, no they're not. :(

I've desperately wanted to read the few excerpts that've been released in the last year, but am holding off until I have the whole book. :panic:

Dan
07-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Random House is sending me an ARC, but I can't post a review until the publication date-October 16, 2012.

Jerome, if you are interested in selling that arc after you read it, I would love to purchase from you!

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-25-2012, 02:59 PM
Interest in THE TWELVE ARC seems to be running high now. I'm outbid again and I'm not going any higher. I think (hope) John is right and the price will level off at a lower rate once the book is published. Please post a SPOILER alert to any reviews!!!!

Randall Flagg
07-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Interest in THE TWELVE ARC seems to be running high now. I'm outbid again and I'm not going any higher. I think (hope) John is right and the price will level off at a lower rate once the book is published. Please post a SPOILER alert to any reviews!!!!
Calm down. I trust our members to not reveal anything significant-and most reviews-books, movies don't just say "The Crying Game"-she's a guy. The book is the second of a well planned out trilogy-marketing plan, there won't be many spoliers even when you read the entire book.

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-25-2012, 05:37 PM
She's a guy?! Thanks for ruining that for me!! Oh wait, I saw that one already.

....must...calm...down

Tito_Villa
07-26-2012, 12:00 AM
I will be selling my copy when i have (gently) read it :)

biomieg
07-26-2012, 12:18 AM
Sounds like you won't have to go the eBay way, there are plenty of forum members interested (including yours truly)!

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Thanks to Dan's heads up (thanks Dan!), I won the ARC on E-bay. Also pictured is the Ballantine mass market paperback, which was just released. I've lost count of THE PASSAGE states I now have. Still at least two more coming.

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx239/2ndbiggest/heartless.jpg?t=1343518213

George at C-Springs
07-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Just saw that Michaël started this thread last week, good call! Already got some good info out of it, had no idea whatsoever about the error edition. Went and checked mine, which I bought at Aviano Air Base in Italy on July 26, 2010 ... no error and a later printing, number line 2 4 6 8 9 7 5 3.

I hadn't heard of Cronin until CD announced their S/L editions in 2010; I managed to grab a lettered of The Passage (and of course am still waiting patiently for it). I was one of the initial orders on May 24, before they doubled the run from 26 to 52, so will be getting a single letter (provided Mindy reads the "notes" section of my order before sending it out!). Am also having that one remarqued by Jill Baumann, worked that out two years ago as well.

Ordered matching lettered The Twelve when it was announced, and picked up the ARC on eBay two weeks ago (it was a BIN so I didn't steal it from anybody ... technically). Have been meaning to pick up an ARC of The Passage, just haven't got around to it yet. Don't have any of the other editions, though will probably get around to it with time. Has anyone generated a master list of everything so far (all trades (US, UK, signed, not signed), US & UK signed/limiteds, ARCs/proofs, etc.)? I see that RF got a good start on the list of trades. Was a UK ARC/Proof ever done?

I thought the story itself was okay, not great, too much like I Am Legend and any other number of stories. Matter of fact, when I saw the Will Smith "I Am Legend" movie, it was pretty much exactly how I expected The Passage movie would be if it was ever made. Maybe we'll see someday; can always hope. Just did a quick Google search on status of the movie, looks like last news was early 2011.

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-28-2012, 04:51 PM
There is a UK ARC pictured in my collection thread and elsewhere.

George at C-Springs
07-28-2012, 06:36 PM
I like this review-covered proof, hadn't seen it before (only the one with the artwork). Looks to be in beautiful shape too. Any official word on numbers printed? I took at look at your UK one as well ... I've liked that cover art better than the US edition from the start, really draws your attention to her eye. Went and checked eBay for giggles, there's one UK proof up with a BIN of $235; way too pricy for my wallet!

Congrats on the proof!

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-29-2012, 02:57 AM
I do not know how many of each proof were printed, but I'd like to know. I saw the UK ARC on Abebooks for something like $125 or maybe a little less, contacted my UK book dealer about it and was informed he couldn't find any at all so he recommended I buy the one on Abes, which I did.

And yes, that review proof is in very fine condition, I am very happy with it.

Dan
07-29-2012, 05:42 AM
Thanks to Dan's heads up (thanks Dan!), I won the ARC on E-bay. Also pictured is the Ballantine mass market paperback, which was just released. I've lost count of THE PASSAGE states I now have. Still at least two more coming.

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx239/2ndbiggest/heartless.jpg?t=1343518213

Glad you were able to get one!

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-30-2012, 04:37 PM
Justin Cronin trading card set from the San Diego Comic Con, still in the evil shrinkwrap:

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx239/2ndbiggest/cronincards.jpg?t=1343694576

Randall Flagg
08-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Received the ARC and multi-page promo pack yesterday. Of course they just threw the book in a large envelope thus it has a ding.

herbertwest
08-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Is it possible to get some pix?

Randall Flagg
08-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Ask and ye shall receive.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1343947305-the%2012%20arc.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1343947315-the%2012%20promo%20pack%201.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1343947324-the%2012%20promo%20pack%202.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1343947333-the%2012%20promo%20pack%203.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1343947344-the%2012%20promo%20pack%204.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1343947352-the%2012%20promo%20pack%205.JPG

ur2ndbiggestfan
08-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Very nice! If no one else has commited to it, I'll buy it if you're selling.

Also received yet another paperback edition today. Ballantine, international edition printed in 2011, ISBN 978-0-345-52522-2, with a different cover layout then the 'normal' US paperback. I took a chance on Ebay from a UK seller and naturally the book was sent in a flimsy mailer with no protection, and is also a 4th printing. But at least I know what it looks like. I am looking for a '1st' of this edition if anyone comes across one.

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx239/2ndbiggest/passint1.jpg?t=1343949840
http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx239/2ndbiggest/passint2.jpg?t=1343949935

ELazansky
08-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Here's a collectible for ya - any idea what this is? - http://www.ebay.com/itm/SDCC-2012-Justin-Cronins-The-Twelve-Card-Game-Comic-Con-/261074014904?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc93952b8#ht_500wt_1413

ur2ndbiggestfan
08-02-2012, 03:43 PM
That's the same item I pictured in post #62 of this thread, collectible gaming trading cards.

Lurker
08-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Got this today.
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac54/ICONfan/PassageARCUS.jpg

Also, at the Harkeness signing Tuesday at my favorite indie bookstore made my reservation for the Twelve signing. Just need to decide which other three books to get signed. Maybe the ARCs...

Ricky
08-02-2012, 05:33 PM
The Twelve signing? Where? I've been checking for book tour announcements for weeks! :panic:

ELazansky
08-02-2012, 05:36 PM
That's the same item I pictured in post #62 of this thread, collectible gaming trading cards.

Sorry...haven't been keeping up with the thread.

Lurker
08-02-2012, 05:42 PM
The Twelve signing? Where? I've been checking for book tour announcements for weeks! :panic:

I'm happy to promote my favorite indie: Murder by the Book (http://www.murderbooks.com/)in Houston.

Just click on "Murder by the Book" and go to the October page.

George at C-Springs
08-03-2012, 04:17 PM
These came in yesterday and today; didn't even know the second one existed a week ago!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Twelve_ARC.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Ballantine_Passage_Proof.jpg

ur2ndbiggestfan
08-04-2012, 03:03 AM
That 12 ARC looks like it's MINT!

herbertwest
08-05-2012, 04:32 AM
Sweet !

Tito_Villa
08-05-2012, 05:43 AM
I have my copy of 'The Twelve' on ebay.co.uk it's been read but still in nice condition

Randall Flagg
08-05-2012, 07:48 AM
I have my copy of 'The Twelve' on ebay.co.uk it's been read but still in nice condition
Care to give a review of the book? You should use spoiler tags where appropriate.

Tito_Villa
08-05-2012, 08:03 AM
Care to give a review of the book? You should use spoiler tags where appropriate.

I would love to discuss the book when more people have read it. But for now i really enjoyed it, not quite as much as 'The Passage' though. It's full of suprises, twists and turns and seems to tie most things up before the end of the story.

herbertwest
08-06-2012, 05:06 AM

Any link?

Tito_Villa
08-06-2012, 05:08 AM

Any link?

LINK (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Justin-Cronin-The-Twelve-Advanc-Readers-Edition-/221091729284?pt=Antiquarian_Books_UK&hash=item337a180f84#ht_500wt_1203)

Merlin1958
08-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Ask and ye shall receive.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1343947305-the%2012%20arc.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1343947315-the%2012%20promo%20pack%201.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1343947324-the%2012%20promo%20pack%202.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1343947333-the%2012%20promo%20pack%203.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1343947344-the%2012%20promo%20pack%204.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1343947352-the%2012%20promo%20pack%205.JPG

SWEET!!!

You gonna lend it to me when you finish reading it, good buddy??????? Huh? Huh?

I'll wear sterile gloves whilst reading and ship it back Fed Ex!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:panic:

Ricky
08-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Anyone have any inside scoop as to when tour stop details might be released?

becca69
08-08-2012, 06:17 AM
This is the only one I've seen so far:

http://www.murderbooks.com/event/justin-cronin

George at C-Springs
08-13-2012, 04:26 PM
A copy of The Passage Ballantine ARC (the one with the text on the front as seen previously in this thread) is up on eBay if anyone's interested. Starting bid is $40:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Passage-by-Justin-Cronin-ARC-2010-Softcover-/230837875308?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item35bf02726c

Rahfa
08-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Through an Amazon reviewer program I'm part of, I'll be getting an ARC of this next week...

I was really impressed with The Passage...I had flipped through it for awhile and was sort of meh, but I changed my tune once I got and read it. Excited to get an early look!

Dan
08-16-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm still looking for a copy of The Twelve ARC if someone has one they want to sell. I know they are on eBay frequently, but still too high.

neosatus
08-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Through an Amazon reviewer program I'm part of, I'll be getting an ARC of this next week...

I was really impressed with The Passage...I had flipped through it for awhile and was sort of meh, but I changed my tune once I got and read it. Excited to get an early look!

Wow, how do you do that? I'm nearly finished with The Passage and totally love it. Not having to wait for the release of The Twelve would be awesome.

George at C-Springs
08-16-2012, 04:11 PM
Got this in e-mail today .... YAY!!!!!

Item Number Description Qty Ord. Qty Shp. Qty Bck. Expected By

CRONIN01 LTRD The Passage by Justin Cronin Lettered Edition

08/15/2012 MIVA UPS GROUND

Patrick
08-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Congrats!

Merlin1958
08-16-2012, 08:52 PM

Any chance I can read it after you? I'll wear gloves!!!!!

Ricky
08-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Can't wait to see pics. of the lettered edition.

If anyone finds/is selling a a cheap (less than $80) ARC of The Twelve, I might be interested as well.

George at C-Springs
08-17-2012, 07:14 PM
It's with Jill Bauman for a remarque, will post as soon as it arrives!

There's one copy of the The Twelve up on eBay now, it's at $50 with 24 hours to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Twelve-by-Justin-Cronin-advance-readers-copy-tradepaperback-/261082474139?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item3cc9ba669b

becca69
08-20-2012, 10:10 AM
I just got a notification from CD that I could get an S/L copy. Did anyone else get lucky?

Merlin1958
08-20-2012, 10:57 AM
It's with Jill Bauman for a remarque, will post as soon as it arrives!

There's one copy of the The Twelve up on eBay now, it's at $50 with 24 hours to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Twelve-by-Justin-Cronin-advance-readers-copy-tradepaperback-/261082474139?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item3cc9ba669b

Bazinga!!! I won it!!! Down side is I won't read it though!!! LOL Well, maybe a little bit under very controlled conditions... LOL LOL

Patrick
08-20-2012, 09:38 PM
I just got a notification from CD that I could get an S/L copy. Did anyone else get lucky?
becca, do you not own a Signed/Limited of THE PASSAGE? Does your post mean that you were in a lottery to buy THE TWELVE?

becca69
08-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Oh yes. Sometimes I don't make the best decisions when it comes to new authors - J.K. Rowling **cough**

Patrick
08-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Oh yes. Sometimes I don't make the best decisions when it comes to new authors - J.K. Rowling **cough**
He's that English guy who wrote that story about little hairy people and a ring that makes you invisible, right?

becca69
08-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Yeah, that's the one. I love that guy!

Merlin1958
08-22-2012, 05:40 PM
He's that English guy who wrote that story about little hairy people and a ring that makes you invisible, right?

Yeah, that's the one. I love that guy!

You guys are heathens!!!!!

Randall Flagg
08-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Back on topic please.

Lurker
08-30-2012, 09:17 AM
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac54/ICONfan/TwelveUKARC.jpg

sgc1999
08-30-2012, 09:28 AM
nice! UK?

herbertwest
08-30-2012, 12:22 PM
Yes, from Orion. Looks good!

ur2ndbiggestfan
08-30-2012, 03:16 PM
I like that cover.

George at C-Springs
08-30-2012, 04:40 PM
You beat me to it Lurker; expecting my copy within a couple of days!

Othet good news, my lettered Passage arrived today! I saw the box briefly while coming in from work, getting changed, and heading out to take my son to soccer practice ... didn't have time to open it. Later tonight! Looking forward to seeing Jill's artwork as well!

George at C-Springs
08-30-2012, 07:24 PM
And here it is!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Passage_1.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Passage_2.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Pasasge_3.jpg

Metallic gold marbled endpapers, Jill Bauman insert (from Jill, not CD)

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Passage_4.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Passage_5.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Passage_7.jpg

"Carter" by Jill Bauman

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Passage_6.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Passage_8.jpg

Merlin1958
08-30-2012, 07:27 PM
And here it is!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Passage_1.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Passage_2.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Pasasge_3.jpg

Metallic gold marbled endpapers, Jill Bauman insert
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Passage_4.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Passage_5.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Passage_7.jpg

"Carter" by Jill Bauman
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Passage_6.jpg

Very AWESOME!!!!!!

neosatus
08-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Very cool George, I was just looking for pics of that. Looks great! I'm curious what the exterior of the book itself looks like, as well.

George at C-Springs
08-30-2012, 07:43 PM
As requested, plus some of the illustrations ...

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/passage_10.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/passage_9.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/passage_16.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/passage_14.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/passage_11.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/passage_13a.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/passage_15.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/passage_12.jpg

neosatus
08-31-2012, 12:25 AM
Thanks for taking the time to do that--what a finely produced edition :D

Stockerlone
08-31-2012, 01:27 AM
Congrats George !!!
The Lettered Passage with an amazing remarque from Jill Bauman looks GREAT !!!

Patrick
08-31-2012, 01:07 PM
That looks great, George. Congratulations!

Ricky
08-31-2012, 02:29 PM
Congratulations, George! That looks really, really nice.

Dan
08-31-2012, 02:30 PM
Very nice! I love her work!

Rahfa
08-31-2012, 04:11 PM
Here's my review of The Twelve on Amazon.

Four stars...I liked it! Maybe not through the roof, but it was a good job.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R12K6EIPEISIMJ/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

mistercrowley
09-01-2012, 08:18 AM
I actually thought it surpassed The Passage in every way and I loved The Passage. The Twelve was the best book I've read this year

sgc1999
09-01-2012, 12:07 PM
i cant wait to read it!!!

Tito_Villa
09-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Not as good as 'The Passage' for me!

Randall Flagg
09-05-2012, 05:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRdP1bkp4Mc

Patrick
09-05-2012, 11:06 AM
I'll be honest. That short video did nothing to make me want to read a book that I've been anticipating.

Tito_Villa
09-05-2012, 11:18 AM
The only bit of significance is the eclipse!

Patrick
09-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Yeah, I figured as much, since an eclipse is in all the artwork/advertisements we've seen. Still the video strikes me as generic and unexciting. Not a good precedent to evoke for the book.

Lauterer
09-05-2012, 12:18 PM
I like the minimalistic feeling... i want to know what the kids think to see...

Randall Flagg
09-05-2012, 12:26 PM
I'll be honest. That short video did nothing to make me want to read a book that I've been anticipating.
I don't believe the video is an official US promo. Looks like it may be from Waterstones. The scene with the two children is a nice a approximation from the book, without giving anything significant away.

Tito_Villa
09-05-2012, 12:28 PM
It's a rubbish video imo, doesn't really say anything about the story, but then you wouldn't want any spoilers!

Don't worry though, The Twelve is a great followup to The Passage

Randall Flagg
09-05-2012, 12:34 PM
It's virtually the same as the video Waterstone's did for "The Passage". Hell, they might have already shot the third one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcMNQ3V2cpc

Patrick
09-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Thanks, Jerome. I'm still glad you posted it. Good to see what is out there spoiler-free and to hear other people's reactions, like Lauterer's.

By the way, I like that video for THE PASSAGE much better.

... Don't worry though, The Twelve is a great followup to The Passage
That's what I want to hear!

Merlin1958
09-05-2012, 08:30 PM
I can't believe I bought the fucking proof and cannot bring myself to read!!!!

Sometime's I am just such an ASS!!!! LOL

No need to second that statement BTW!!! LOL

Patrick
09-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Seconded.

ur2ndbiggestfan
09-06-2012, 01:34 AM
I'm not reading my proof either. I like the experience of reading the actual published book. Also, it's a lot cheaper to replace an accidentally damaged book then an accidentally damaged ARC or proof.

herbertwest
09-13-2012, 03:54 PM
From his FB page :

Oct 16: NYC, B&N Tribeca
Oct 17: Boston, Porter Square Books
Oct 18 Portsmouth, NH, River Run Bookstore
Oct 20: Philadelphia, Free Library
Oct 24: Chicago, Harold Washington Library
Oct 25: Iowa City, Prairie Lights (where my wife used to work)
Oct 26: Minneapolis, B&N, Roseville
Oct 28: Austin, Texas Book Festival
Oct 30: Houston, Block Party sponsored by Brazos Bookstore, Murder by the Book, and Under the Volcano
Nov 2: Dallas, SMU
Nov 3: Denver, Tattered Cover LoDo
Nov 5: Seattle, Elliott Bay Bookstore
Nov 6: Portland, Powell's Books
Nov 7: San Francisco, Books Inc
Nov 8: Menlo Park, Kepler's
Nov 10: Los Angeles, Vroman's
Nov 11: Huntington Beach, B&N
Nov 12: San Diego, Mysterious Galaxy
Nov 17: Miami, Miami Book Fair

neosatus
09-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Awesome, are those all signings/readings? I'll try to make the Portland event.

Patrick
09-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Thanks for posting the list. Amazingly I may not be able to make any of those California events. We'll see...

Ben Staad
09-13-2012, 04:08 PM
From his FB page :

Oct 30: Houston, Block Party sponsored by Brazos Bookstore, Murder by the Book, and Under the Volcano

Damn. Nothing close enough for me.

Randall Flagg
09-13-2012, 04:20 PM
FYI, for the San Francisco event, it is at 7:00 PM on Wednesday 11/7/2012 at the "Opera Plaza" location of Books Inc.
601 Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco
(415) 776-1111

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=books+inc+san+francisco&hl=en&ll=37.78101,-122.420697&spn=0.01026,0.026157&fb=1&gl=us&hq=books+inc&hnear=San+Francisco,+California&t=m&fll=37.78101,-122.420697&fspn=0.01026,0.026157&z=16
http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1347582218-cronin%20sf%20map.jpg

George at C-Springs
09-13-2012, 04:49 PM
Denver, Yes!!!!

Dan
09-13-2012, 05:26 PM
Closest to me is 4 hours in Dallas. :(

Merlin1958
09-13-2012, 08:32 PM
I just may go for the S.F. signing if, the wife will agree!! She does love Frisco and we can visit the S.F. Art Exchange, Jerome and the Wharf!!! We shall see!!!! I can get my Asst. Coach to cover LL for a day or two I think!!

Jerome? You're buying dinner on the Wharf, right? LOL LOL LOL

I remember a great Seafood joint.......

:smile_002:

George at C-Springs
09-13-2012, 08:44 PM
I just checked his website, the dates aren't loaded up there yet and there's no other information. Sure hope it's going to be a signing; I'm thinking it'll have to be either the US or UK The Twelve ARC. Could always bring along The Passage lettered and ask him to personalize it, but that might be going a bit overboard ... then again he might appreciate it knowing there are so few of those out there. Hmmmm, decisions decisions.

Tito_Villa
09-14-2012, 12:17 AM
I'm still hoping to see some UK dates!

Stockerlone
09-14-2012, 01:33 AM
I'm still hoping to see some UK dates!

GERMAN dates !!!:dance:

becca69
09-14-2012, 05:07 AM
Wow, so many signings in NYC on Oct. 16th - I'm going to JK Rowling that day but maybe I can make the Philly one?? Hmmmm

Ricky
09-14-2012, 08:37 AM
I'm thinking I'm going to try and go to the Philadelphia signing. Only about an hour and a half away from me, so that seems feasible.

Rahfa
09-16-2012, 10:01 AM
I'll probably try to make the Oct. 18 signing....that bookstore is tiny, though, so it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

Garrell
09-16-2012, 10:09 AM
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k609/garrell7/DSCF3318.jpg?t=1347811808
Hardbacks are both 1st/1st signed and a reader paperback:)

ur2ndbiggestfan
09-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Have you read Mary and O'Neil?

Cook
09-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Justin Cronin Nov 6: Portland, Oregon, Powell's Books
If any DT.orger's want to meet up for this, feel free to PM or Post

Garrell
09-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Have you read Mary and O'Neil?

Not yet...

TwistedNadine
09-19-2012, 08:02 AM
I wonder if those date are official?
The San Diego and Huntington Beach events are listed on the bookstore event calendars but none of the other Bay Area or SoCal ones are.

From his FB page :

sgc1999
09-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Boston and or Portsmouth!!!!!!!!YAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randall Flagg
09-19-2012, 10:54 AM
I wonder if those date are official?
The San Diego and Huntington Beach events are listed on the bookstore event calendars but none of the other Bay Area or SoCal ones are.

From his FB page :

I personally spoke to a person at the San Francisco Books Inc. and he verified Cronin is scheduled 11/7/2012. The Kepler's location is being remodeled and they aren't open, but the outbound message says to keep checking their calendar for events.

TwistedNadine
09-19-2012, 11:33 AM
Do you know what time the Books Inc event is? You planning to go to this one RF or the Menlo Park one?

Randall Flagg
09-19-2012, 11:56 AM
I plan on going to the SF event. It's scheduled at 7PM. I plan on being in the City ~5PM and going to a local microbrewery and tossing a few pints. Perhaps 21st Amendment or Thirsty Bear.
Care to join me?

TwistedNadine
09-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Maybe. I actually have a Sacramento work trip scheduled for late Oct but I can probably push my client off to first week of Nov as long as he's in town. Hesitant to set anything in stone until the dates are on the Cronin web site and curious to see what the other members are planning

neosatus
09-19-2012, 11:48 PM
I don't know how this seller has their copies nearly a month in advance but he or she says they are in stock and ready to ship: http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Twelve-by-Justin-Cronin-2012-Hardcover-/120988524314?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item1c2b7a5f1a

Joe315
09-20-2012, 12:09 AM
They also have signed copies for sale. Maybe they work for the publisher and stole a box or just got them real early.

neosatus
09-20-2012, 12:14 AM
Well retailers often get them a week or two early but they usually have to sign an affidavit that they won't sell before the official release date, so who knows. I would think you're right, publisher acquired somehow.

Joe315
09-20-2012, 12:24 AM
Does any one know of any book stores where a signed copy can be preordered? Looking for a US copy. I already have the CD edition and a UK edition (Goldsboro books if anyone is interested) on order.

neosatus
09-20-2012, 12:34 AM
I'd keep an eye on Powell's. They do lots of signed books and pre-orders but it varies by author what they will do in conjunction with the venues for the tour etc. Some authors will sign for the bookstores who take orders and other authors only sign during the signings for fans etc, and those cannot be purchased online or pre-ordered etc.

If anyone could find out from any of the book store tour stops, that would help.

ELazansky
09-20-2012, 02:48 AM
I'd keep an eye on Powell's. They do lots of signed books and pre-orders but it varies by author what they will do in conjunction with the venues for the tour etc. Some authors will sign for the bookstores who take orders and other authors only sign during the signings for fans etc, and those cannot be purchased online or pre-ordered etc.

If anyone could find out from any of the book store tour stops, that would help.

River Run is taking preorders - http://www.riverrunbookstore.com/events/justin-cronin-the-twelve

And VJ Books is selling signed copies as well - http://www.vjbooks.com/Justin-Cronin-The-Twelve-p/crotwel01.htm

Lauterer
09-20-2012, 05:37 AM

River Run is taking preorders - http://www.riverrunbookstore.com/events/justin-cronin-the-twelve

And VJ Books is selling signed copies as well - http://www.vjbooks.com/Justin-Cronin-The-Twelve-p/crotwel01.htm

Perfect, thanks for the links...!

TwistedNadine
09-20-2012, 06:53 AM
Murder by the book is also taking pre-orders for signed and inscribed copies. See the note in their description "To order an inscribed copy of the book, please include inscription information in the comment line":

Joe315
09-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the info. I actually looked at at Murder by the book and must have missed that note.

Joe315
09-20-2012, 09:49 AM
The tour dates are now up on the official site.

http://enterthepassage.com/tour/

Merlin1958
09-20-2012, 09:54 AM

Damn!!! He couldn't stop in Phoenix?

sgc1999
09-20-2012, 10:20 AM
merlin,
if you dont get a chance to catch him. drop me an email or PM. I plan on trying to see him in Boston and or NH.

Joe315
09-20-2012, 11:15 AM

Damn!!! He couldn't stop in Phoenix?

I'm disappointed in that too.

Lurker
09-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Murder by the book is also taking pre-orders for signed and inscribed copies. See the note in their description "To order an inscribed copy of the book, please include inscription information in the comment line":

I do a lot of business with them. If ya'll didn't notice, you can also bring or send three other books by him and they will get them signed too. I plan on getting my ARC's and something else signed...

Joe315
09-21-2012, 06:41 PM
I do a lot of business with them. If ya'll didn't notice, you can also bring or send three other books by him and they will get them signed too. I plan on getting my ARC's and something else signed...

Thanks for the info. I am going to send them a couple things (my copy of the Passage and a UK sampler I have) to get signed. If I can figure out something else for them to sign I will add it to my shipment.

Ricky
09-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Is anyone thinking about going to the PA signing?

ELazansky
09-23-2012, 03:46 PM

I was thinking about it, since it is about an hour from me, but since I can get an signed and inscribed copy from online retailers, so I just don't see any point in going.

neosatus
09-23-2012, 08:59 PM

I was thinking about it, since it is about an hour from me, but since I can get an signed and inscribed copy from online retailers, so I just don't see any point in going.

Yeah I may do the same. Spending 60 dollars in gas and a 3 hour drive each way kinda sucks. I wouldn't mind doing it if it was required... but since its turning out to be as easy as it is I may just be lazy, lol.

Merlin1958
09-24-2012, 10:32 AM

Yeah I may do the same. Spending 60 dollars in gas and a 3 hour drive each way kinda sucks. I wouldn't mind doing it if it was required... but since its turning out to be as easy as it is I may just be lazy, lol.

What online retailers are selling signed copies? Link?

Thanks much!!!

Ben Staad
09-24-2012, 10:46 AM

Thanks much!!!

See Twisted's quoted text.

Ben Staad
09-24-2012, 10:50 AM

And the above as well. Thanks.

ELazansky
09-24-2012, 10:51 AM

Thanks much!!!

River Run is taking preorders - http://www.riverrunbookstore.com/eve...nin-the-twelve

So is Murder by the Book - http://www.murderbooks.com/event/justin-cronin

And VJ Books is selling signed copies as well - http://www.vjbooks.com/Justin-Cronin.../crotwel01.htm

Merlin1958
09-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Huh? So it's just that easy? I'll be damned!!! Modern Technology at it's finest and no premium for an inscribed book? Did I do this right? I'm an old fart please help me!!! LOL LOL LOL In the comments I just listed my inscription preference. That is way cool if I did it right!!!!

ELazansky
09-24-2012, 11:19 AM
I haven't done it yet, but RiverRun did it that way for The Passage. I told them I didn't know what to have inscribed, so they said Justin would make up his own inscription, which he did.

Merlin1958
09-24-2012, 11:20 AM
I haven't done it yet, but RiverRun did it that way for The Passage. I told them I didn't know what to have inscribed, so they said Justin would make up his own inscription, which he did.

Very cool indeed. I went with TN's link to the "Murder" site. Thanks Nadine!!!!!

Ricky
09-24-2012, 03:58 PM
It's very tempting to be lazy and just order an inscribed copy online, but I'd really like to meet him as well. If I go (I'm still contemplating) I would be taking Megabus from Baltimore to Philly. It's only a 24 min walk from 30th St. Station to the Free Library, but am wondering (if any Philly natives can help me out here) if the walk is manageable? By that I mean safe and easy directions-wise.

ELazansky
09-24-2012, 05:02 PM
It's very tempting to be lazy and just order an inscribed copy online, but I'd really like to meet him as well. If I go (I'm still contemplating) I would be taking Megabus from Baltimore to Philly. It's only a 24 min walk from 30th St. Station to the Free Library, but am wondering (if any Philly natives can help me out here) if the walk is manageable? By that I mean safe and easy directions-wise.

I would check the Phlash bus loop. They probably go from somewhere near the station to the Library. It is a hop on, hop off type of bus. I've walked through the library area before. Felt pretty safe.

TwistedNadine
09-25-2012, 08:25 AM

Very cool indeed. I went with TN's link to the "Murder" site. Thanks Nadine!!!!!

My pleasure. You may want to call them as a follow up just to make sure they got your order straight.

Merlin1958
09-26-2012, 09:08 PM

My pleasure. You may want to call them as a follow up just to make sure they got your order straight.

Will do and thx again all !!!!

ELazansky
10-03-2012, 09:16 AM
According to the Waterstone's sampler for The Twelve, they will have an exclusive edition of The Twelve with an extra chapter. I don't see it on the website marked as a special edition. Can someone in the UK see if the edition offered on their website is the exclusive version?

Joe315
10-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Is the sampler for The Twelve the same as the sampler for The Passage? (11"x17" newspaper style sampler)

ELazansky
10-03-2012, 02:36 PM
No, it was regular sampler size - 5 x 8

Joe315
10-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Would anyone mind sending me one? And I'm interested in the waterstones version as well.

Ricky
10-03-2012, 03:41 PM
I am officially going to the Philadelphia stop on the 20th. :D

ELazansky
10-04-2012, 07:53 AM
From Waterstone's

"We can confirm that if you were to pre order a copy of The Twelve you will receive a copy of the Waterstones Exclusive Edition. Our website team will shortly be updating the titles synopsis to reflect this information."

Nerak
10-04-2012, 07:58 AM
I am taking my ARC and meeting him again in Portsmouth! Can't wait!!! Now have two more years before the final book....ggggarrrrrhhhh

neosatus
10-04-2012, 09:54 AM
From Waterstone's

"We can confirm that if you were to pre order a copy of The Twelve you will receive a copy of the Waterstones Exclusive Edition. Our website team will shortly be updating the titles synopsis to reflect this information."

Interesting. I wonder if the Goldsboro edition will have the same additional content seeing as they're both published by Orion.

ELazansky
10-04-2012, 10:42 AM
From Waterstone's

Interesting. I wonder if the Goldsboro edition will have the same additional content seeing as they're both published by Orion.

I have that one on order as well...too many "special" editions these days, but I just can't stop :-)

Lurker
10-06-2012, 10:13 AM
My US edition came today in the mail
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac54/ICONfan/12.jpg

and ordered the Waterstones. Also picked up 2 new bkcases and now I'm going to get all this stuff organized!

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Is it out already? I was at Target and Meijer today and didn't see any.

Amazing coincidence - I also bought two new bookcases today! Great minds do think alike.

Cook
10-06-2012, 11:29 AM

Amazing coincidence - I also bought two new bookcases today! Great minds do think alike.

Funny, I was thinking of a getting a new bookcase today as well.. Ikea

Room 217 Caretaker
10-07-2012, 08:24 AM

Release is scheduled 10/16/2012

Cook
10-07-2012, 08:31 AM
Who did you order this US ed. through?

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac54/ICONfan/12.jpg

and ordered the Waterstones. Also picked up 2 new bkcases and now I'm going to get all this stuff organized!

Randall Flagg
10-07-2012, 08:36 AM
I'm guessing he picked one up from ebay. there was a guy selling the trades and signed trades.

becca69
10-07-2012, 08:42 AM
I will be going to the Philly signing as well. Looks like R.L Stein will be with him.

Lurker
10-07-2012, 03:45 PM

I ordered it from a little place on ABE. I have never registered or bought from e-bay as I refuse to use PayPal after they charged something without authorization.

I actually thought maybe the posting was wrong and they had an ARC, but it's the hardback. Full # line - 12 bucks. I'll use it for a reading copy.

(Oh, and he is a she by the way...)

Randall Flagg
10-07-2012, 04:09 PM

I ordered it from a little place on ABE. I have never registered or bought from e-bay as I refuse to use PayPal after they charged something without authorization.

I actually thought maybe the posting was wrong and they had an ARC, but it's the hardback. Full # line - 12 bucks. I'll use it for a reading copy.

(Oh, and he is a she by the way...)
Woo hoo. Another female member!

Ricky
10-08-2012, 02:50 PM
I will be going to the Philly signing as well. Looks like R.L Stein will be with him.

I'll see you there! Maybe we can meet up.

becca69
10-09-2012, 05:35 AM
Cool. But how will I recognize you? :)

Oh wait... you are a ringer for that Jigsaw guy, right?

Ricky
10-09-2012, 05:57 AM
:lol:

I'll have to send you a photo or phone number or something. But wait--how will I recognize YOU? :o

Bev Vincent
10-09-2012, 06:20 AM
I'll be going to the Houston event, which sounds interesting. He'll be at two nearby bookstores -- sort of a block party -- and then signing at a bar in the neighborhood. You have to get a signing ticket at one of the bookstores to get a book signed at the pub.

becca69
10-10-2012, 05:10 AM
:lol:

I'll have to send you a photo or phone number or something. But wait--how will I recognize YOU? :o

My photo is in my profile :ninja:

p.s. - I'm not Freddy Krueger!

Tito_Villa
10-10-2012, 05:14 AM
FIT!

thegunslinger41
10-10-2012, 05:16 AM
I will be at the Houston signing...with two blonde girls. And no, I am not joking. I should be easy to spot Bev. :)

Gabriel

WeDealInLead
10-10-2012, 06:30 AM
I ordered a signed trade from VJ Books. It came to $25 + shipping. Not bad.

WeDealInLead
10-10-2012, 06:32 AM
From Waterstone's

I have that one on order as well...too many "special" editions these days, but I just can't stop :-)

Any update about this? I wonder if they're the same.

ELazansky
10-10-2012, 07:02 AM
From Waterstone's

Any update about this? I wonder if they're the same.

I don't know if the Goldsboro edition is going to have the extra chapter. Waterstone's did tell me it was a Waterstone's exclusive. I'll just order one of each and see what happens.

Ricky
10-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Oh wait... you are a ringer for that Jigsaw guy, right?

My photo is in my profile :ninja:

p.s. - I'm not Freddy Krueger!

I just got the Jigsaw comment. I totally forgot I still had the picture in my profile. Haha.

George at C-Springs
10-10-2012, 08:25 PM
For anybody looking at going to the Denver signing, here's the info:

Cronin will be in LoDo for a reading and signing on Saturday, November
3rd at 7:30pm. Free tickets to those in line at 6:30pm; to give everyone a fair chance, we do not hand out tickets in advance. The events space holds 200+, though, so rarely is anyone disappointed. Signing a galley will be up to Cronin (some authors do and some do not...).

I also wrote to Cronin, he said no problem with signing an ARC, but that sometimes the bookstores didn't like it. So, between the two I'll be able to get an ARC signed.

Store info for Denver is:

1628 16th Street at Wynkoop in Denver, in the restored Morey Mercantile Building, directly across Wynkoop Street from the new EPA building next to Union Station just blocks from Coors Field. Hourly parking lots are located near the store and streetside parking is also available. The zipcode is 80202.
Local phone number: 303-436-1070
Local fax number: 303-629-1704
Store hours: Monday-Friday, 6:30 am to 9 pm; Saturday, 9 am-9 pm; and Sunday, 10 am-6 pm

Randall Flagg
10-16-2012, 08:28 AM
I saw Cronin on CBS this morning. Nice interview, but nothing revelatory.

Bev Vincent
10-16-2012, 08:40 AM
You can see the interview here (http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50133224n&tag=showDoorFlexGridRight;flexGridModule)

Dan
10-16-2012, 10:24 AM
My signed trade edition of The Twelve shipped from VJ Books was shipped yesterday.

WeDealInLead
10-16-2012, 12:11 PM
My signed trade edition of The Twelve shipped from VJ Books was shipped yesterday.

Same. Received my notice last night.

herbertwest
10-16-2012, 03:02 PM
ta much Bev!

Roseannebarr
10-16-2012, 04:34 PM

Costco in St Louis has The Twelve signed copy on their shelves Worst signature i ever saw J scribble. CAnt even make out the C. $15.84 before Tax

Randall Flagg
10-17-2012, 11:34 AM
Then you haven't seen Phil Hale's signature.

Bev Vincent
10-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Or Peter Straub's.

ELazansky
10-17-2012, 11:47 AM

Costco in St Louis has The Twelve signed copy on their shelves Worst signature i ever saw J scribble. CAnt even make out the C. $15.84 before Tax

So I'm wondering if it is like what they did with The Passage - is it signed on the blank end paper or on the Title page?

TwistedNadine
10-18-2012, 07:41 AM
Then you haven't seen Phil Hale's signature.

Or Peter Straub's.

Or Orson Scott Card's.

TwistedNadine
10-18-2012, 07:47 AM
Probably not the right place for this but The Twelve, Chapter 23 (not a spoiler) makes reference of a character "Cruk" who owns an old .45 "with an oiled black finish and a polished wood grip" whom he named "Abigail". Am I stretching or is that a hat tip to King's Gunslinger and Stand?

Randall Flagg
10-18-2012, 11:29 AM
Very well could be.

Nerak
10-19-2012, 04:14 AM
Great reading/signing last night! Was good to see Aaron and the gang! And I got my ARC signed!

mistercrowley
10-19-2012, 06:48 AM
I may go to the PA signing in Philly tomorrow. Anyone else going?

Ricky
10-19-2012, 07:00 AM
I'll be there!

mistercrowley
10-19-2012, 07:09 AM
Sweet. What time are you going to be there?

becca69
10-19-2012, 08:02 AM
Sweet. What time are you going to be there?

I'll be there too!

mistercrowley
10-19-2012, 09:24 AM
Awesome. We should all meet up

Ricky
10-19-2012, 12:04 PM
I plan on (is everything goes well and I don't get lost) being at the library at 1:00pm. Doors open at 1:15pm, so I just wanted to get there a little earlier.

becca69
10-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Get Ricky's cell #. We plan on meeting :)

sgc1999
10-19-2012, 03:28 PM
Just got back from signing at Riverun Bookstore in Portsmouth NH. what a great time. I really love that town. He gave brief reading and then did a Q and A for 1/2 hour. Then just hung around and signed books while chatting to everyone. Got a whole bunch of Books signed. some proofs and 1st editions. Very cool time:)
I dont want to spoil anything so i will wait to chat about it until everyone gets to a signing.

sgc1999
10-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Probably not the right place for this but The Twelve, Chapter 23 (not a spoiler) makes reference of a character "Cruk" who owns an old .45 "with an oiled black finish and a polished wood grip" whom he named "Abigail". Am I stretching or is that a hat tip to King's Gunslinger and Stand?

Thats a pretty cool catch. He did say last night that the books were loaded with "easter eggs" and "nods" to other books. I would say you are dead on.

becca69
10-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Nice. Hopefully tomorrow is good. I'm looking forward to RL Stein also.

Ricky
10-19-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm excited for tomorrow. I just put covers on my books, so I'm ready! Wonder if there will be a ton of people or if we'll get more time with them rather than SK signings. :orely:

mistercrowley
10-19-2012, 08:46 PM
It'll be my first book signing

sgc1999
10-20-2012, 06:31 AM
It'll be my first book signing
have fun:)
dont forget to prepare a good question for him. If your the first one he calls on you get a handwritten card from him for the Holidays:)
too few questions = boring:(

neosatus
10-20-2012, 07:25 AM
FYI, I don't know if anyone was planning on attending the event at Powell's on the evening of the 6th but the calendar is now showing that the event is on the 14th. I'll try to confirm the actual date but if that date has changed then maybe others have changed as well.

Cook
10-20-2012, 07:30 AM
I'm pretty sure it's accurate because the 6th is election night... Did you happen to notice it's listed "Portland" but gives the beaverton address?

FYI, I don't know if anyone was planning on attending the event at Powell's on the evening of the 6th but the calendar is now showing that the event is on the 14th. I'll try to confirm the actual date but if that date has changed then maybe others have changed as well.

neosatus
10-20-2012, 07:36 AM
Alright as of this morning, October 20, this is the current schedule:

Tuesday, October 16 – NEW YORK, NY
6:00pm
Talk & Signing
B&N Tribeca
97 Warren St
New York, NY 10007
(212) 587-5389

Wednesday, October 17 – BOSTON, MA
7:00pm
Talk & Signing
Porter Square Books
Porter Square Shopping Center
25 White Street
Cambridge, MA 02140
(617) 491-2220

Thursday, October 18 – PORTSMOUTH, NH
Talk & Signing
RiverRun
142 Fleet St.
Portsmouth, NH 03801
(603) 431-2100

Saturday, October 20 – PHILADELPHIA, PA
2:00pm
Talk & Signing with R.L. Stein
Philadelphia Free Library
Montgomery Auditorium
1901 Vine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
(215) 686-5322

Wednesday, October 24 – CHICAGO, IL
6:00pm
Talk & Signing
Harold Washington Library
400 S. State Street
Chicago, IL 60605
(312) 747-4300

Thursday, October 25 – IOWA CITY, IA
Talk & Signing
Prairie Lights Bookstore
15 S. Dubuque
Iowa City, IA 52240
(319) 337-2681

Friday, October 26 – MINNEAPOLIS, MN
Talk & Signing
Barnes & Noble
2100 North Snelling Ave
Roseville, MN 55113
(651) 639-9256

Sunday, October 28 – AUSTIN, TX
Talk & Signing
Texas Book Festival
Austin, TX
(512) 477-4055

Tuesday, October 30 – HOUSTON, TX
6:30pm
Talk & Signing
Block Party w/ Murder by the Book, Brazos, and Under the Volcano
2421 Bissonnet Street
Houston, TX 77005
(713) 524-8597

Friday, November 2 – Dallas, TX
11:30am
Lunch, Talk & Signing
Friends of the SMU Library
Mack Ballroom, Umphrey Lee Center, SMU Campus
3300 Dyer Street
Dallas, TX 75206
(214) 768-3225

Saturday, November 3 – DENVER, CO
7:30pm
Talk & Signing
Tattered Cover LoDo
1628 16th Street
Denver, CO 80202
(303) 436-1070

Monday, November 5 – SEATTLE, WA
Talk & Signing
Elliott Bay Book Company
1521 Tenth Ave.
Seattle, WA 98122
(206) 624-6600

Wednesday, November 7 – SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Talk & Signing
Books Inc. (Opera Plaza)
601 Van Ness
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 776-1111

Thursday, November 8 – SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Talk & Signing
Kepler’s
1010 El Camino Real
Menlo Park, CA 94025
(650) 324-4321

Saturday, November 10 – LOS ANGELES, CA
4:00pm
Talk & Signing
Vroman’s
695 E. Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91101
(626) 449-5320

Sunday, November 11 – HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA
2:00pm
Talk & Signing
Huntington Beach B&N
7881 Edinger Avenue #110
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
(714) 897-8781

Monday, November 12 – SAN DIEGO, CA
Talk & Signing
Mysterious Galaxy
7051 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard
San Diego, CA 92111
(858) 268-4747

Wednesday, November 14 – PORTLAND, OR
Talk & Signing
Powell’s Books
3415 SW Cedar Hills Blvd.
Beaverton, OR 97005
(503) 228-4651

Saturday, November 17-Sunday, November 18 – MIAMI, FL
Talk & Signing
Miami Book Fair
Miami, FL

neosatus
10-20-2012, 07:38 AM
I'm pretty sure it's accurate because the 6th is election night... Did you happen to notice it's listed "Portland" but gives the beaverton address?

Yeah it's not at the main Powell's in downtown portland it's at a smaller one in Beaverton, which is a Portland suburb. I'm glad I looked, I was just about to send in a request off for work.

Edit: I see you may be familiar with the area, sorry for unnecessary explanation if thats the case, lol.

Cook
10-20-2012, 07:48 AM
I'll be there, it sounds fun.
I'm pretty close to both, about 1/2 hr away.
I've done one other reading/signing at the old Beaverton location, it's nice & comfortable.

Yeah it's not at the main Powell's in downtown portland it's at a smaller one in Beaverton, which is a Portland suburb. I'm glad I looked, I was just about to send in a request off for work.

Edit: I see you may be familiar with the area, sorry for unnecessary explanation if thats the case, lol.

neosatus
10-20-2012, 07:52 AM
Cool, I'll likely be there as well. I did order some books from Murderbooks but after I saw his television interview I decided it would be fun to see one of his talks. Can't wait! I'm like 3 hours away but it'll be worth it I'm sure :D

becca69
10-20-2012, 01:21 PM
The signing today was great. Will post some pics later. I asked Justin about the gun named Abigail and Cruk (someone posted about earlier). He said it wasn't a nod to Stephen King, he just needs a lot of names for the story. He talked to me for quite a while, I think I might have pissed off some people in line... if you were behind me, sorry.

Joe315
10-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Any one here get the book expo edition of the Passage that was up on eBay?

neosatus
10-21-2012, 07:40 PM
I saw it but I wasn't sure how rare/valuable it is. Is it similar to that new Joe Hill novel some people got recently?

Joe315
10-21-2012, 08:01 PM
I'm not sure if it is an ARC or proof copy. I assume that it was though. Here is the link so you can take a look. (http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Passage-by-Justin-Cronin-Rare-Book-Expo-Promotional-Paperback-Edition-/150925170290?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&nma=true&si=%2FnzYfSLhDyDKFGkOEmE5R09uMT4%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc) It sold for $118.00.

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-22-2012, 01:29 AM
I bid up to $85, then backed off. I hope it's not that uncommon and a more resonably priced one shows up somewhere.