PDA

View Full Version : First Story Arc Sketchbook Giveaway

Patrick
11-28-2007, 06:04 PM
Hi,

I'm starting this giveaway in the Comics forum because I think the people who participate here care the most about this stuff. Later I move it to the Grow Bag.

As you know, "Dark Tower: Gunslinger Born" has been out for a while now and all the promo items were distributed months ago. The sketchbook was free if you could find them. I just saw a dealer asking $25 plus $5 shipping for this thing. That's a hell of a seller markup for something that was free from Marvel.

I did a big comic giveaway on another website months ago, but I still have a few more than I need, and rather than sell them, I'm giving them away here.

1. You cannot already own the sketchbook. Honor system.
2. If you win, you can not sell the sketchbook. It's yours, keep it. Honor system.
3. You must be a member of TDT.com with at least 25 posts as of whenever I check, which I probably won't. Alternatively, send me a stern promise to increase your participation.
4. I pay for the envelope and the domestic shipping. Outside the US, you must be willing to pay for shipping - although, honestly, I'll pick up the tab for that too.
5. INCLUDE YOUR REAL NAME AND MAILING ADDRESS IN YOUR PM! Stuff sent to fake names (e.g. screennames) often doesn't get delivered, so I won't bother trying.
6. Directors, Managers and Facilitators of TDT.com are eligible.
7. There's no deadline, I'll just give 'em away until I run out of the allotment.
8. Go back and read #6 again because you already forgot.
9. If you got something in one of my other giveaways here at TDT.com, you are NOT disqualified. :dance:

But wait, there's more: I'll "bag and board" them at my own expense.

Giveaway allotment: 10 winners, one sketchbook each.

One last thing: If you already have this, or can get one for free easily, please do so. Then leave the giveaway for those who can't. Thanks!

- Patrick

Mailed
01. AARON/HANNAH - received
02. DAGHAIN - received
03. STORYSLINGER
04. DTrose19 - received
05. R_of_G - received
06. SHNNCR01 - Ireland - received
07. WHAT

To be mailed
08. JASKO - awaiting confirmation

NeedfulKings
11-28-2007, 07:26 PM
If you ever need an eBay broker, let me know! :dance:

Great giveaway. I already own the sketchbook, so I'll pass.

Is there any word on a sketchbook for the Second Arc???

Wuducynn
11-28-2007, 09:38 PM

Yep its "We at Marvel don't want to say because we're afraid we might be forced to change a date"

NeedfulKings
11-28-2007, 10:55 PM

Yep its "We at Marvel don't want to say because we're afraid we might be forced to change a date"

:lol:

You should be a press agent! :dance:

Patrick
11-28-2007, 11:19 PM

:lol:

You should be a press agent! :dance:

:lol: No, I think the sketchbook was just to create excitement about the series. Now that seven issues have been released, I doubt they'll do anything like that again for free. But who knows what the future holds. :cowboy:

(Note: First post updated.)

Patrick
11-28-2007, 11:23 PM
If you ever need an eBay broker, let me know! :dance:

Great giveaway. I already own the sketchbook, so I'll pass...
Thanks. I figure most people already have one by now, but I know there are people who missed out or got into the series later. I thought about packaging up sets of all this promo stuff and selling them on eBay, but screw it - I'd rather just give them away here and help out our members.

Patrick
12-20-2007, 12:08 PM
I have updated the first post in this thread. I have mailed to everyone on the list.

Tally so far: 5 recipients.

Please let me know when you receive your first story arc sketchbook from me. Thanks.

:)

Daghain
12-20-2007, 12:32 PM
*skips off to watch the mailbox*

:wub:

Storyslinger
12-21-2007, 10:42 AM
*waits with Dag*