PDA

View Full Version : Revised edition of Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished

mae
02-16-2012, 08:07 AM
http://www.liljas-library.com/article.php?id=2948

So, here's big NEWS!! A new FOURTH edition of Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished. Hardcover, signed (by me), with all profits going to my ALS/MND fund. And here's the real kicker - Stephen King kindly answered dozens of questions for me, clarifying things we never knew about. This is likely to be the DEFINITIVE book about all the things King has written that either have not been published, or not collected in his mainstream books.

Please note Overlook are only printing copies to cover the PRE-ORDER - if you don't pre-order you won't get a copy, unfortunately. And also, don't forget the book has a story by King that ONLY appears in this book - Chapter 71 of Sword in the Darkness; and also a poem - 'Dino' and this is the only book that poem appears in. So don't miss out.

http://www.overlookconnection.com/catalog/stephen-king-uncollected-unpublished-signed-p-6907.html

_____ FREE SHIPPING! _____

STEPHEN KING:
UNCOLLECTED, UNPUBLISHED

~~ 2012 REVISED and UPDATED EDITION! ~~

Signed and Numbered by author Rocky Wood!

With NEW Contributions from Stephen King!!

Profits from this edition will go to Rocky Wood's ALS Fund!

Major Updates in this Revised and Expanded Edition of
Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished.

ONLY FOUND IN THE OVERLOOK CONNECTION PRESS EDITION!
There are a multitude of interesting updates in the revised edition of the classic book about King’s ‘hidden’ work – Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished. This edition is likely to prove to the definitive book about King’s uncollected, unpublished and lost works.

Included in the new information are a series of newly discovered unpublished works. For many of which the author was able to secure Stephen King’s exclusive and definitive statements about how they originated, and why they never saw the light of day. Many of these quotes are entertaining and even controversial. Among previously unknown works are:
Hatchet Head.
The Ladies Room.
and another incomplete ‘Western’ novel.

Stephen King reveals more about his screenplay of:
Asylum.
The Street Kid’s Bible.
The Accident.
The Corner.
On the Island.
Pinfall.
The Star Invaders.
The Tommyknockers.
The haunted radio station screenplay and his lost radio play. One of these tales would have been Richard Bachman original!

There are even stories that previous editions reported King had written that have now been removed.

Stephen King also helps clears up many mysteries about titles and stories he is rumoured to have written, all exclusively for this edition of Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished, including that rumoured screenplay of Poltergeist!

There are new Chapters with full detail about these newly published but uncollected tales:
American Vampire.
The Dune.
Herman Wouk is Still Alive.
The Little Green God of Agony.
Mile 81.
Morality.
Premium Harmony.
Throttle.
Ur.

New Poems have been added, including:
Mostly Old Men.
The Bone Church.
Tommy.

And there are significant revisions to chapters such as
The Reploids.
The Huffman Story
Squad D based on information exclusively provided for this edition by Stephen King!
Other updated chapters include new information about I Was A Teenage Grave Robber and a full revision of The Cannibals following the publication of Under the Dome.

ABOUT THIS EDITION:

We are only producing enough signed editions based on pre-orders and then it will be numbered as such. If we only sell 210 copies, then there will only be 210 signed and numbered copies.
You need to pre-order this signed edition to guarantee your copy.
This Signed hard cover edition is being produced especially to help Rocky Wood to purchase the eye-device made especially for people with ALS. This device will help Rocky continue to communicate as the disease progresses. I've spoken to people in the medical field about this unit and it is a wonderful device from what I understand. So thank you for your help with this and you will also get a special edition as well!

ABOUT THE AUTHOR: ROCKY WOOD.

Rocky Wood's unabashed sense of detail and research on Stephen King and his work has brought many readers new insight into this author's rare work. He is also the current President of the Horror Writers Association, and is constantly working towards the betterment of writers within the horror genre. His previous publications also include Stephen King: A Literary Companion, Horrors! Great Stories of Fear and Their Creators by Rocky Wood (and illustrated by Glenn Chadbourne), and Stephen King: The Non-Fiction by Rocky Wood and Justin Brooks. The 2012 edition of STEPHEN KING: UNCOLLECTED, UNPUBLISHED features many new contributions on Stephen King's work never before seen.

ABOUT THE COVER and ARTIST, ERIK WILSON:

This unique cover was commisioned by OCP with artist Erik Wilson. The design is based on the idea on where Stephen King gets his ideas... from a little "idea" shop that he has mentioned over the years. You can see the light coming out through the front door, and titles of his stories are streaming through the light, with Stephen King in the doorway. This is a fitting cover for all the ideas and stories that are discussed within Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished.

2012 Overlook Connection Press Signed Limited edition hard cover. More than 450 pages! For complete archival protection the DJ is sealed in an acid-free protective book cover upon publication, and then sealed in plastic for final protection.

http://www.overlookconnection.com/catalog/images/images_big/SKUUFinalCvrTP.jpg?osCsid=38a23a5f28045a846c4e20a5 c433d811

jhanic
02-16-2012, 01:05 PM
My biggest objection to this edition is the price. It seems a bit pricey for what is added.

John

CRinVA
02-16-2012, 01:29 PM
It'sricey to help Rocky pay for the machine that he will eventually need to communicate. I'ts a good cause. I've met Rocky twice and he is teriffic - not only an authority on many things King, but he is quite the US Hostorian - seems he knows more of our history than many of us and he lives so far away down under!

It is interesting to note that the original edition(s) were CD Pubs but this 4th Edition is the OC Press! :-)

jhanic
02-16-2012, 02:05 PM
I guess I'd forgotten that part of the proceeds would be to help Rocky. I'm giving it a second thought now.

John

The Great Buchinsky
02-17-2012, 05:02 PM
So the preorders on Amazon will not be filled correct? I'll order either way but see it is up on amazon for like $47. Hopefully someone can clarify. Thanks!

herbertwest
02-18-2012, 04:21 AM
I would tend to recommend to do not buy on amazon for this book.

Amazon do always get a major deal on the small presses to get a big discount.. if you want to buy this book and support Rocky, it would probably be better for everyone to order directly from the publisher...

The Great Buchinsky
02-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Just ordered my copy from Overlook. Really nice to see the publisher helping Rocky Wood out. I wish him the best.

Also thumbs up to Cemetery Dance for having a link on their site to another publishers site in support of Rocky!

DanishCollector
04-24-2012, 05:59 AM
Got this book today. Not as loaded with news or updates as I thought, but still a very informative and necessary book for us fans and collectors. I assume Rocky and Justin discovered a lot of items after this book went to the printer. Was surprised to learn that King first tried to write The Tommyknockers in college (untitled back then) and that it was about a guy tripping over the buried spaceship. Not so surprised to learn that The Reploids was originally an aborted novel. And that King played Robin in his Batman and Robin script was great info...

nocny
04-24-2012, 11:32 AM
Strange. I got an e-mail from Overlook Connection yesterday that they changed the cover and they will ship the book in couple of weeks.

DanishCollector
04-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Didn't know about that. Hmm...

DanishCollector
04-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Isn't it the signed edition also to contain the pic of Rocky and King? Aren't there different editions of the book?

Roseannebarr
04-24-2012, 03:57 PM
i bought the book, even though i have the other, just because i thought it would help him out. it makes me sad to think of all the time and effort he put into collecting SK and then have to sell it for health expenses. i hope to die and they bury my collection with me. my nephew said he is going to take a picture of my stuff and put it into the coffin. i lthink he is tired of me showing him all my new additions on each visit.

before the man died he told his wife she should bury him with all his $$$ After he died, She wrote him a check for his entire net worth $1,456,456.09 and put it in the coffin with him.

Randall Flagg
04-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Has the check been cashed?

you ever seen a ghost?
04-24-2012, 06:30 PM
trying to think of some other things we "broke" in there:

1. Poltergeist and Carrion Comfort screenplays are confirmed not to exist.
2. That mysterious novel The Doors was actually just a section of Drawing of the Three in a notebook of King's that was auctioned.
3. The title to that one story King described is "The Ladies' Room"
4. The untitled Western novel where the pig eats the guy is actually a different Western from George D.X. McArdle.
5. The Tommyknockers and The Reploids stuff you already mentioned of course.
6. King gives a description of The Corner.
7. King corrects the title of The Street Kid's Genesis to The Street Kid's Bible
8. King gives the plot for the play The Accident
9. King talks about untitled "Huffman Story" and how it eventually became the idea for The Dead Zone.

I feel like there is more that I can't remember offhand...

I've got some other things coming in my bibliography of course! Just working trying to find a publisher right now...

-justin

Bev Vincent
04-25-2012, 02:16 AM
Dave gave me a copy of Uncollected, Unpublished when I saw him in Atlanta a couple of weeks ago for Ghost Brothers.

The Great Buchinsky
05-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Anyone know when this should be shipping?

herbertwest
05-10-2012, 07:20 AM
Anytime soon i guess ;-)

Bev Vincent
07-22-2013, 09:57 AM
I was reading Carroll F. Terrell's book Stephen King: Man and Artist this morning and was intrigued by the section where he encouraged King to write about contemporary social issues and how King delivered chapter after chapter of Sword in the Darkness to him while it was in progress. This was in 1966. Terrell had already read The Long Walk and told King that it couldn't be published because it didn't deal with anything relevant at the time.

jhanic
07-22-2013, 11:25 AM
Just goes to show that some college profs don't know everything!

John

you ever seen a ghost?
07-23-2013, 04:42 AM
The Sword manuscript is dated April 30, 1970.

-justin

Bev Vincent
07-23-2013, 06:23 AM
Terrell never saw the entire manuscript of Sword. King moved on to other classes and they didn't interact as much.

herbertwest
10-16-2014, 12:14 AM
Apparently, the Overlook Connection has released an updated version of Rocky Wood's "Stephen King : Uncollected, unpublished"

>>> http://www.amazon.com/Stephen-King-Uncollected-Unpublished-Update/dp/1623300525/

herbertwest
10-16-2014, 03:24 AM
In this Addendum to previous editions you will find full detail about: A poem lost since King s college days; Two unpublished short stories from the 1970s; A story that won King a prize (and a lecture) when he was in High School; Two lost stories from King s fan fiction days; A play he wrote when he was 12 for his boy scout troop; Important updates are provided to information about these previously known works After the Play; Kings senior Class Day play (including its title, content, and comments from King); and the story King wrote in fifth grade about his classmates being taken hostage.

A number of stories Stephen King is rumored to have written are dealt with.

Some obscure stories have been republished in easy to access form and that information is provided for readers.

A centerpiece of this Update is the full description of a lengthy busted novel Phil and Sundance. In addition, a new busted story that appeared to have great promise is described.

Sounds like there are many interesting things!

mae
10-16-2014, 05:24 AM
A few very tantalizing details there! Thanks. Hopefully all will come to light sooner or later.

herbertwest
10-17-2014, 12:16 AM
Rocky told me that an ebook version should be available within a week or so.

cowboy_ed
10-20-2014, 03:24 PM
Rocky told me that an ebook version should be available within a week or so.

Ah! Great news.

herbertwest
11-06-2014, 12:41 PM
Still waiting for the ebook version, but I did recieve a printed version ordered on amazon!

cowboy_ed
11-06-2014, 02:34 PM
yeah, same here. hoping for an ebook version soon.