PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Haven Foundation Fundraiser Item #3-The Stand "Black Case"

Randall Flagg
01-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Up for auction, the Black case for "The Stand". Only 10 cases were done in black!

http://p.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/logos/logoEbay_x45.gif

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1327629178-caseblack350.jpg

Auction Link: (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200705825995)
This case was donated by Tomas from StephenKingCollector.com (http://www.stephenkingcollector.com). It is in new unread condition.

http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/images/logo.jpg (http://http;//www.stephenkingcollector.com/)

The Library Policeman
01-26-2012, 05:58 PM
RF, the auction description reads as if the book is included. Just letting you know.

Randall Flagg
01-26-2012, 05:59 PM
RF, the auction description reads as if the book is included. Just letting you know.
How so?

Randall Flagg
01-26-2012, 06:00 PM
Up for auction, the Black case for "The Stand". Only 10 cases were done in black!

This case was donated by Tomas from StephenKingCollector.com (http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/index.php). It is in new condition.

The Library Policeman
01-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Book and Slipcase will be shipped promptly directly from StephenKingCollector.com in a sturdy box with delivery confirmation.

From the listing.

Garrell
01-26-2012, 06:03 PM
I assume from pick and book art placement that it fits 1st/1st? If so, I am in:)

Randall Flagg
01-26-2012, 06:07 PM
Book and Slipcase will be shipped promptly directly from StephenKingCollector.com in a sturdy box with delivery confirmation.

From the listing.
Thanks. My mistake and I appreciate the heads up.
I corrected the auction description.
The case is 1/10, It should command a tidy price. I myself have one of the white cases but I was never able to procure a black case-in fact there are less than 10 people who have one.

The Library Policeman
01-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Yes it does Garrell. Beauty of a case eh?

Garrell
01-26-2012, 06:09 PM
Been wanting a white one, but can never get one, going with black it looks like:)

Randall Flagg
01-26-2012, 06:10 PM
I assume from pick and book art placement that it fits 1st/1st? If so, I am in:)
Absolutely. Tomas from
http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/images/logo.jpg (http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/)
designed the case specifically to house a 1St edition "The Stand".

Garrell
01-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Thought so, checked art placement on both uncut and 1st/1st before I bidded:)

The Library Policeman
01-26-2012, 06:11 PM

From the listing.
Thanks. My mistake and I appreciate the heads up.
I corrected the auction description.
The case is 1/10, It should command a tidy price. I myself have one of the white cases but I was never able to procure a black case-in fact there are less than 10 people who have one.

You are very welcome. Just in case some diddy from outside the forum won it and expected a book too.

Randall Flagg
01-26-2012, 06:17 PM
Wow, we are already over $100!.
BTW, in my opinion this case is worth over $400. There are only ~5 out there in the world. Tomas has kept these close to the vest. I tried to bribe him 2 years ago and couldn't buy one for any amount.

The Library Policeman
01-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Thought so, checked art placement on both uncut and 1st/1st before I bidded:)

Good luck. C'mon Scotland!! :rock:

The Library Policeman
01-26-2012, 06:23 PM
BTW, in my opinion this case is worth over $400. There are only ~5 out there in the world. Tomas has kept these close to the vest. I tried to bribe him 2 years ago and couldn't buy one for any amount.

Do you know if some of our more illustrious members have one? I'm thinking Bob, Ralph, Mr. RT, Wiz etc? If they want one then that can only be good for the fundraiser.

Randall Flagg
01-26-2012, 06:30 PM

Do you know if some of our more illustrious members have one? I'm thinking Bob, Ralph, Mr. RT, Wiz etc? If they want one then that can only be good for the fundraiser.
We will find out. I doubt Bob, Ralph, Mr.RT or Wiz will miss out seeing this auction.
More pics to follow-although of the white case; but it gives a high definition view.

Randall Flagg
01-26-2012, 06:36 PM
This is my personal "White Case" with a 1st Edition "The Stand" in it.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1327631658-White%20Stand%20Case%20510x811.jpg

The Library Policeman
01-26-2012, 06:48 PM
They are beautiful cases.

AKC
01-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Been wanting a white one, but can never get one, going with black it looks like:)

G, if I win the Black Case, I'll sell you my White Case!!!!!

:thumbsup:

Randall Flagg
01-26-2012, 06:51 PM
I can't bid on my posted auction.....drats!

Randall Flagg
01-26-2012, 06:53 PM

You best bid over $300. This case is amazing. It might equal the >$500 Lettered "Fifty-To-One"

carlosdetweiller
01-26-2012, 07:00 PM

I don't have one. I've never bought anything from Tomas the Collector that I can recall.

Shannon
01-26-2012, 07:02 PM
Very nice fundraising item! 2012 is definitely gonna beat 2011.

The Library Policeman
01-26-2012, 07:04 PM
1 of 10, Bob. That must be very tempting for you............................................... .....

The Library Policeman
01-26-2012, 07:05 PM

Forgot about you AKC! :emot-cthulhu:

carlosdetweiller
01-26-2012, 07:06 PM
1 of 10, Bob. That must be very tempting for you............................................... .....

Some people really like aftermarket slipcases. I've never been one of those. Not to say this is not a really cool item. Just not my cup of tea.

The Library Policeman
01-26-2012, 07:09 PM
I can't bid on my posted auction.....drats!

I'm sure there's a "members assisting with purchases" thread around here somewhere :P

AKC
01-26-2012, 07:10 PM

AKC.....flying under the radar :cool:

jhanic
I have one of the black ones. I'm not thinking of parting with it. I really like it.

John

Randall Flagg

I don't have one. I've never bought anything from Tomas the Collector that I can recall.
Hopefully this auction will catch your eye.

Randall Flagg
01-26-2012, 07:14 PM
I have one of the black ones. I'm not thinking of parting with it. I really like it.

John
1/5 that are out there-
I'll give you $300 for it......oops I'll just bid....oops, I can't bid on my own auction, and unlike others (flatsigned, et al) I can't shill bid.

The Library Policeman
01-26-2012, 07:15 PM

Some people really like aftermarket slipcases. I've never been one of those. Not to say this is not a really cool item. Just not my cup of tea.

Ah, right. Got you Bob.

The Library Policeman
01-26-2012, 07:17 PM

AKC.....flying under the radar :cool:

Lol.

Garrell
01-26-2012, 07:37 PM
GO AKC:)

neosatus
01-26-2012, 09:56 PM
Those are sweet. I must say--I like the white one more though. As nice as it is I'm holding out for possible DT items :)

Jimimck
01-26-2012, 10:17 PM
Never knew they existed in black. Looks pretty sweet, but a little out of my league for a slipcase...

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-27-2012, 01:55 AM

I don't have any after market slipcases either. For the above reason.

namelessnpoor
01-27-2012, 03:51 AM
I too have tried to get one of these black cases from Tomas on more than one occasion. He always refused my offers and inquiries, but he did so in a very polite way considering the number of times i tried !

Room 217 Caretaker
01-27-2012, 06:10 AM

I don't have any after market slipcases either. For the above reason.

I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I do like after market cases and own several. I've never pursued the "BLACK" Stand case. Not really sure why.....however, I do love the white one. The "BLACK" case is very attractive.

Warning for those looking at the auction, don't underestimate the power of the darkside that the "BLACK" one holds. No returning back after it takes you over.

Mulleins

jhanic
01-27-2012, 07:17 AM
I've been trying to remember just where and when I got the black case. I remember getting it off the old "DT Bay" auction site on this forum. Just when, though, I sure don't remember.

John

Merlin1958
01-27-2012, 04:17 PM
$162.50 at present!!!

Woot!!!!

Merlin1958
01-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Almost $200!!!!! Woot, Woot!!!!!!

NeedfulKings
01-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Only if a buyer really reads between the lines (the auction pretty cleary says it's just a case), they may read this:

Item specifics
Condition:
Brand New: A new, unread, unused book in perfect condition with no missing or damaged pages. See the seller’s listing for full details.

thecollector
01-30-2012, 09:00 AM
Hey guys,

Happy to list this for the site. Probably no one remembers the original announcement on these 3 years ago, but I said back when I was making these 10 that they wouldn't be available for sale by me, which is why I (politely I hope) keep turning down offers to sell these. So I put one up every so often for a promotion, auction, etc.

I will say, however that this black STAND case was the design basis for the upcoming Salem's Lot case which will be announced for pre-order in a couple days. (Along with a few extra white STAND cases). Imagine having both the STAND and Salem's Lot black cases side by side on your bookshelf...amazing!

Randall Flagg
01-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Hey guys,

I will say, however that this black STAND case was the design basis for the upcoming Salem's Lot case which will be announced for pre-order in a couple days. (Along with a few extra white STAND cases). Imagine having both the STAND and Salem's Lot black cases side by side on your bookshelf...amazing!
I have seen pictures of the new 'Salem's Lot case and it is perfect.

Auction Link: (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200705825995)

thecollector
01-31-2012, 08:40 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I see the price of the STAND case is currently at $205. If the auction goes to $220 or higher I will give the winner a free matching Salem's Lot traycase to go along with this one. (As long as the buyer is OK waiting for both cases to ship at once).

The Salem's Lot case, which has the exact same outer material as this black STAND case will be a perfect match on your shelf. Pre-orders for Salem's Lot will go live tomorrow with the cases shipping the last week of February.

9 Hours left- Happy Bidding!

Fsmdr
01-31-2012, 09:44 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I see the price of the STAND case is currently at $205. If the auction goes to $220 or higher I will give the winner a free matching Salem's Lot traycase to go along with this one. (As long as the buyer is OK waiting for both cases to ship at once).

The Salem's Lot case, which has the exact same outer material as this black STAND case will be a perfect match on your shelf. Pre-orders for Salem's Lot will go live tomorrow with the cases shipping the last week of February.

Is that the traycase for the gift edition of Salem's Lot, Tomas?. Very cool!.

thecollector
01-31-2012, 09:56 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Is that the traycase for the gift edition of Salem's Lot, Tomas?. Very cool!.

Actually this new case is for the 1st Doubleday editions (and other early 8.5" versions) of Salem's Lot

Randall Flagg
01-31-2012, 10:36 AM
$15 more and you get a ~$60 bonus item!

Randall Flagg
01-31-2012, 02:15 PM
Bidding at $229. I really hope someone from here gets the case(s). Only a few hours left.

Randall Flagg
01-31-2012, 04:28 PM
Holey smokes, we are at $325!!

Shannon
01-31-2012, 05:04 PM
Holy smokes is right! Good job people!

Randall Flagg
01-31-2012, 05:43 PM
Congratulations to a member here-and thanks.

Merlin1958
01-31-2012, 05:48 PM
Oh Yeah, big time win and a serious drop in the old donation bucket!!!!

Congratulations!!!! Fess up member!!! Inquiring minds want to know!!! LOL

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

AKC
01-31-2012, 06:17 PM
GREAT auction for a GREAT cause!!!!!!!

Thanks to Tomas for the donation of such a RARE item. In this case (no pun intended), TWO rare items......

AKC

P.S. And of course a big thanks to our fearless leader for facilitating the auction :rock:

AKC
01-31-2012, 07:38 PM

:cool_002:

SierraKiloCollector
01-31-2012, 09:32 PM

I had it for a while.... the time difference for me often kills my chances as most auctions end in the early morning hours here.

Congrats to whomever nabbed that case!

Garrell
01-31-2012, 09:37 PM
I have a strong clue on who...hehe.

biomieg
02-01-2012, 04:42 AM
Brad, I have the same problem (obviously) and I simply use a sniping service.

Robert Fulman
02-01-2012, 05:47 AM
Or you could have made your true highest bid. The debate rages on.

biomieg
02-01-2012, 06:18 AM
True. But IMO it's always best to place that true highest bid in the last 5 seconds of the auction. There's no need to alert other buyers and drive up the price by placing an early bid. And if you lose with a snipe, you know you did not pay more than you were willing to anyway, so it's all good.

Jimimck
02-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Never understood why eBay doesn't utilize an auction extend feature, which would extend auction end time if there are any bids in final minute...