PDA

View Full Version : Anybody get digital versions of comics?

Tatts4Life
01-26-2012, 07:06 AM
Anybody out there buy the digital versions of comics? I was thinking of switching over to getting just the digital versions of The Walking Dead since it's a lot cheaper then buying the print version. My Kindle Fire came with X Comics installed from Comixology. I was thinking of using them but then when I read the reviews on Amazon it looked like people had some pretty big issues with them.

Brainslinger
01-29-2012, 02:08 PM
I get digital versions of 2000 AD and Judge Dredd Megazine from Clickwheel (www.clickwheel.net). I also get some of DC's New 52 that way. I've also got a few comics on my PSP using their ap. (It works pretty well!)

I watch most of these on my laptop. It's not as good as having the physical comic item in your hands but they work well overall and tend to be cheaper than the physical deal. I'd love a Kindle Wildfire. I'm interested that you got one with Comixology. (I view the DC comics I buy using that.) From what I heard it was going to be used as an exclusive Amazon content interface, so it's good to know this option is available. Unfortunately they're really delaying their supply this side of the pond. The Ipad 4 is a great gadget but it's just so expensive.

Anyway, if you install any comics on your Wildfire let us know how well it fares.

Tatts4Life
01-29-2012, 04:27 PM
I found a bunch of free comics on the comixology app and they look really good. My only gripe is that the Fires screen is smaller then an ipads screen so it's harder to read the panes. At least you can double tap the screen to zoom in.

tumbleweed
02-02-2012, 07:25 AM
Well I've downloaded some comics before that are incredibly hard to find in print but I just read them on my computer.

cgallagh44
03-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Are any of the Stephen King comics available in digital...

Tatts4Life
03-02-2012, 05:19 AM
The first six story arcs of the Dark tower comics are digital.

cgallagh44
03-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Thanks tatts, will look into that.