PDA

View Full Version : thedarktower.net

Pages : [1] 2

herbertwest
11-21-2007, 05:44 AM
Just wondering what's happening with the site now...
definitively down ???

wizardsrainbow
11-21-2007, 05:48 AM
Just wondering what's happening with the site now...
definitively down ???

I do not know. I have given up on trying to post to that site. My hope is that we can get the few remaining collectors from that site to commit to this one. We have a really great start here so far.

Wiz

Ari_Racing
11-21-2007, 05:49 AM
Several already started to post here. :)

Ruthful
11-21-2007, 06:06 AM
Obviously the work of anti-Ron Paul saboteurs.

DAMN THEIR HIDES!!!

*shakes fist impotently*

jhanic
11-21-2007, 06:21 AM
I've been trying since yesterday and cannot even get onto the site. Before, I at least was able to get on once in a while, and even post sometimes. No more.

John

Storyslinger
11-21-2007, 06:43 AM
I haven't been able to get on in the last week

funky dredd
11-21-2007, 07:07 AM
I gave up on trying to post there.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
11-21-2007, 07:13 AM
I've NEVER been able to get on that site! Gave up and came here instead :)

Storyslinger
11-21-2007, 07:14 AM
I've NEVER been able to get on that site! Gave up and came here instead :)

Wow, that is bad

Ari_Racing
11-21-2007, 07:19 AM
Carlos has to start posting here..

herbertwest
11-21-2007, 07:57 AM
yeah, I was also was thinking about him ;-)
guess everyone :D

sarah
11-21-2007, 08:00 AM
I can't get on either and I've been trying to for three days.

If it is gone, then I'm really sad. It was my first internet home.

herbertwest
11-21-2007, 08:03 AM
cannot access since one week or more...

Matt
11-21-2007, 08:09 AM
It will be sad if its gone but don't lose hope you guys, could be it is just having a glitch and trying to be fixed. :grouphug:

I won't lie and say that I am overly upset about it but I do understand people feelings towards the place and I hope no one is too hurt by what seems like its demise. :(

Odetta
11-21-2007, 08:09 AM

It was mine as well.

Rjeso
11-21-2007, 08:12 AM
I will be bummed - I'd not been there even a year when it started having major, major downtime problems, but a lot of good things came out of my membership there, including the best thing ever. So yeah, I will be upset if this is how it goes down, without proper notice and just kind of slinking out of the picture. Sigh.

Ruthful
11-21-2007, 09:08 AM
I can't say that it was my first foray into online message boards, but it was the first site devoted to an epic work written by the master of horror, which I found myself drawn to. When I first discovered that there was not only a major website but a Web forum-with hundreds of members-devoted to one of my deepest attachments in the world of literature I did a metaphorical backflip. Although, as others have alluded to, I don't think this is the end of the world, and I do think a lot of the continuity from that community persists in many different forms, including this magnificant website.

Has anyone thought of contacting Josh via e-mail and asking him what's up with the site?

Letti
11-21-2007, 09:12 AM
I really love to read your thoughts, Ruth. :couple:

Jimmy
11-21-2007, 09:13 AM
I will be bummed - I'd not been there even a year when it started having major, major downtime problems, but a lot of good things came out of my membership there, including the best thing ever. So yeah, I will be upset if this is how it goes down, without proper notice and just kind of slinking out of the picture. Sigh.

:huglove:

This is how the .net ends, this is how the .net ends. Not with a bang, but with a whimper.

It makes no sense to me. Didn't IW pay money for the site? How is that any way to handle such an investment, both with his cash and our time. I never paid but I know some of you did. This must be terribly frustrating for some of you.

Once again, a big thanks to the .com people for keeping the family together.

Randall Flagg
11-21-2007, 09:18 AM
Has anyone thought of contacting Josh via e-mail and asking him what's up with the site?
I have sent an e-mail, and a voicemail, but there has been no response.

Ruthful
11-21-2007, 09:19 AM
I really love to read your thoughts, Ruth. :couple:

Likewise.

:huglove:

Matt
11-21-2007, 09:20 AM

Thank you, I really appreciate that and I am sure the staff does as well.

I know from word of mouth that many of the admin on the site have been trying to talk to IW to no avail but that is just hearsay, so I don't know for sure.

For my part, he and I talked a lot when I launched tdt.com. I wanted to make sure it was all above board and he was really one of the first people me and Aaron told we were going to do this.

I also reached out to the staff but we must remember, this was all about a year ago now because we were building the site (ideas, business plan) for about 4 months before it launched.

Daghain
11-21-2007, 09:38 AM
Quote:

Yes, yes we do. :D

AFAIK, .net has been dead for over a week. It's a bummer, but frankly the downtime was really getting to me.

Jimmy
11-21-2007, 09:39 AM

Credit where credit is due good sir. :D

In my eyes the .com has already surpassed the .net.

1. You can see who else is online here.

2. It's a lot more organized structurely.

3. You have great contests and fun stuff.

5. The Arcade.

6. A staff that makes their presence known through interaction rather than just showing up to smack down a bad thread or a fight or somesuch.

7. Greater book reference guides.

8. It just seems calmer here.

I met Rjeso there, so it'll always hold a special place in my heart, but if she and I met at a bar or a bookstore and that place closed down, I'd probably be feeling the same as I do now. I got what I needed out of there, and I hope everyone else did too.

Daghain
11-21-2007, 10:07 AM
:thumbsup: What Jimmy said.

I wasn't on .net very long, but .com is just visually much nicer, more professional looking, and easier to navigate. And, there IS a lot of cool stuff here. Which is why I volunteered to work on this site - I like people who make the effort to do things right. :D

Ruthful
11-21-2007, 10:21 AM

Was that not a feature of the (tentatively) defunct site?

Color me dense, but I thought that was a result of no other registered users browsing whenever I visited.

Jean
11-21-2007, 10:23 AM
It was, but it never worked properly. Not at least in the last two years. And I don't think you could ever see who was reading what.

Ruthful
11-21-2007, 10:28 AM
Okay, that makes a bit more sense.

It explains why I would see you, the Mokona, and another person reading the forum while 60+ guests browsed. Usually you don't see that kind of vast disparity between users/guests.

Cutter
11-21-2007, 11:55 AM
Too bad to see it go down as it was my introduction to meeting other King freaks like myself on the web, but it has a lot of problems, and I'm not surprised. I stopped posting a few months ago at least. It was just too hard to get on, and if you did you were waiting forever for pages to load.

It seems like the only option would be to wipe the forum clean and start again, maybe that might help. *shrug*

Odetta
11-21-2007, 01:34 PM

Color me dense, but I thought that was a result of no other registered users browsing whenever I visited.

A few years ago, you could see who was online and what they were doing... then all of a sudden, it disappeared.

NeedfulKings
11-21-2007, 02:16 PM
.net was not my first internet home, but I've met SO many great people there and now consider this group my permanent home. Aside from the fact that Stephen King and his Tower are the nucleus of this group, it's also a fun, diverse mingling of awesome people!

And I rock at the arcade! :P :rock:

Matt
11-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Its back :lol:

Ruthful
11-21-2007, 03:04 PM
PH3AR!!!

Matt
11-21-2007, 03:21 PM
That is one I have not seen before. :lol:

Aaron
11-21-2007, 03:49 PM
Well, it's gone again. :(

Airtraffic
11-21-2007, 04:30 PM
that place is gone....we have a new home.

Matt
11-21-2007, 04:53 PM
:wub:

And each of you make it that much more so everyday.

I posted a thread there, in a moment when it was up, with our addy.

I had refrained from doing that and told them to delete/close if they found it inappropriate but I didn't want it to go again and not have said something about this place.

Even though most will find it through search engines eventually I would think.

jhanic
11-21-2007, 05:58 PM
It seems to be back again. I wonder how long it'll be around this time. I emailed Josh but have not heard back from him.

John

Patrick
11-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Like many of the members here, TDT.net was my first internet home as well. I believe the owners would have wanted better for the site, but things simply haven't worked out that way. It's sad to see it continue to deteriorate.

I'm glad we now have a home with a solid infrastructure and where the door is always open to old and new friends.

fernandito
11-21-2007, 10:45 PM

It was mine as well.

+ 1 more.

Frunobulax
11-21-2007, 11:05 PM
+1 more more.
The Net Tet have a special place here. But .com quickly became a new home.

Letti
11-21-2007, 11:45 PM
:grouphug:

Frunobulax
11-22-2007, 12:54 AM
Group hugs!

And Ruthful, I'd never colour you dense...but colouring you Badd is another thing.

[I've been waiting to use that joke for so long]

Patrick
11-22-2007, 03:36 AM
... And Ruthful, I'd never colour you dense...but colouring you Badd is another thing.

:doh: :lol:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002L0I.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Ruthful
11-22-2007, 05:10 AM
... And Ruthful, I'd never colour you dense...but colouring you Badd is another thing.

:doh: :lol:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002L0I.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

LOLOLOLOL.

Back to the Future.

Matt, what forum did you post it in? I want to check it out before the site goes black again.

Matt
11-22-2007, 07:21 AM
It was in the General Discussion forum where the Palaver thread is. :couple:

EDIT--

Ooops--looks like its been moved to the forum above that. "News about the Dark Tower"

LadyHitchhiker
11-22-2007, 01:04 PM
I adore .net and miss it horribly. I have invested money and more time in that site than any I have ever. I hope all the kinks get worked out.....

herbertwest
11-23-2007, 04:37 AM
message when trying to access to the site and boards :
"No input file specified."

is it the end?

Daghain
11-23-2007, 08:43 AM
I don't know, it was up again last night.

How very schizophrenic. :orely:

Jean
11-23-2007, 08:50 AM
it is up right now

EDITED: well, more or less

herbertwest
11-23-2007, 08:57 AM
hmmm...i do not want to lose the "chronogically collectible" (or kinda title) thread...

Jean
11-23-2007, 09:00 AM
hmmm...i do not want to lose the "chronogically collectible" (or kinda title) thread...
I have saved all the threads I didn't want to lose on my hard drive (later on CDs). I strongly suggest you doing the same. I don't know what browser you use, but it must have an option like "save as web-archive" or something like that. This way you have the whole page. If you save what is important, you'll always be able to re-create it with other participants of that thread if/when the worst comes to the worst.

jhanic
11-28-2007, 07:37 AM
Since yesterday, whenever I try to get in, all I get is a "Service Unavailable" message.

John

Storyslinger
11-28-2007, 08:11 AM
I think the site has finally kicked the bucket :cry:

LadyHitchhiker
11-28-2007, 08:52 AM
:cry: :arg: >< :panic:

tippy4
11-28-2007, 11:11 AM
If the website really is gone, it would be a shame.

There was a lot of good information and great people there -- but by the looks of it, a good deal of both has already migrated here.

I would like to see an "EVERY KING SL" locked thread posted at the top of this forum like the DTNET had. I found it to be a very valuable guide.

Arthur Heath
11-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Maybe thats why the spike in 'Guest Accounts' has seemingly climbed? You 'Guests' should register and be welcomed!

LadyHitchhiker
11-28-2007, 11:52 AM
I want my parody thread back :(

Aaron
11-28-2007, 11:57 AM

There was a lot of good information and great people there -- but by the looks of it, a good deal of both has already migrated here.

I would like to see an "EVERY KING SL" locked thread posted at the top of this forum like the DTNET had. I found it to be a very valuable guide.

I'm not familiar with the thread, but was it just a listing of all the King S/Ls and such? If so, I think you'll find our King Catalog (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=974) to be useful. :shoot:

Storyslinger
11-28-2007, 12:20 PM
Wow, I didn't even know about that.
Thanks Aaron!

Patrick
11-28-2007, 12:59 PM

I'm not familiar with the thread, but was it just a listing of all the King S/Ls and such? If so, I think you'll find our King Catalog (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=974) to be useful. :shoot:
The Catalog should have all the limited editions written by King, but there are more limiteds signed by King where he either contributed a story (QUIETLY NOW, TRANSGRESSIONS, etc.) or wrote the introduction (THE IDEAL GENUINE MAN, etc.). I believe we plan to add those to the Catalog as well at some point.

swintek
11-28-2007, 01:03 PM
A little change is good every now and then. It was fun while it lasted over there, but frankly, even if it does come back, I'm REALLY liking the .com's style over here. It just feels...warmer, somehow.

Yep, I'm thinkin' about staking my tent around here somewhere, kicking off my boots, and throwing the coffe pot on the fire.

Ron

p.s. I really hope Bob finds his way over to this camp. Not only is his collection staggering,and fascinating, but he's always just a great, thoughtful presence on the boards.

Storyslinger
11-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Well help you set up camp.

(I just about said we'll help you pitch you tent), but that s for another thread:lol:

:panic:

Ruthful
11-28-2007, 01:12 PM
It just feels...warmer, somehow.

I think the word you're looking for is "operative."

Storyslinger
11-28-2007, 01:13 PM
And just damn fun to use

Patrick
11-28-2007, 01:15 PM
A little change is good every now and then. It was fun while it lasted over there, but frankly, even if it does come back, I'm REALLY liking the .com's style over here. It just feels...warmer, somehow.

Yep, I'm thinkin' about staking my tent around here somewhere, kicking off my boots, and throwing the coffe pot on the fire.

Ron

p.s. I really hope Bob finds his way over to this camp. Not only is his collection staggering,and fascinating, but he's always just a great, thoughtful presence on the boards.
I'm glad to hear you feel that way, Ron. :) I agree, it would be great to see Bob join us over here. His participation would be invaluable to all of us as collectors or as people who simply appreciate the small print publishers that produce these versions of King's work.

We'll help you set up camp.

(I just about said we'll help your pitch you tent), but that's for another thread:lol:

:panic:

:rofl:

Storyslinger
11-28-2007, 01:17 PM
:blush:
:lol:

CPU
11-28-2007, 01:44 PM
Even though I stopped posting at .net ages ago I'm still sorry to see it (if indeed it has) go.

Kudos to Matt & Aaron (and the rest of the staff) for creating an awesome new DT site. :P

I'm starting to spend more and more time here and I really like the "feel" of the place.

JasKo
11-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Pff, .com has allways been cooler! :D (As a domain that is :P)

Patrick
11-28-2007, 03:21 PM

Glad you're enjoying the place, CPU and JasKo!

Calla_Wolf
11-28-2007, 03:51 PM
I've moved in too :) Good to see you guys

Patrick
11-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Hey Calla! :nana:

Spencer
11-28-2007, 05:19 PM

It was mine as well.

Mine too. I do have an affection for the place, and love going there when I can. Lately, it's either working perfectly or not at all. Very iffy.

swintek
11-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Well help you set up camp.

(I just about said we'll help you pitch you tent), but that s for another thread

:excited: Damn, that's not the right emoticon(!).. where the hell is just plain "laughing" around here...

I think the word you're looking for is "operative."

Yeah, it certainly is more operative, but I'm tellin ya'- warmer, too.

Ron

Wuducynn
11-28-2007, 09:05 PM
Since yesterday, whenever I try to get in, all I get is a "Service Unavailable" message.

John

Same here.

NeedfulKings
11-28-2007, 10:52 PM
It's sad. At least it was a portal for me to find a lot of good friends in a short amount of time.

Ari_Racing
11-29-2007, 07:24 AM
Yes. For me it was the place I "spent" wonderful moments. :)

Hope the rest of the collectors I met there will be here soon (Carlos, Gunk and others)
:)

Cutter
11-29-2007, 08:54 AM

Hope the rest of the collectors I met there will be here soon (Carlos, Gunk and others)
Gunk knows about this place. He helped RF with some pictures of the higher priced items in the book database such as the Asbestos Firestarter. Although he now collects small press horror and spends most of his time on those forums nowadays. (btw, he can be found through the link on my sig, on their forums)

Randall Flagg
11-29-2007, 09:19 AM

Gunk knows about this place. He helped RF with some pictures of the higher priced items in the book database such as the Asbestos Firestarter. Although he now collects small press horror and spends most of his time on those forums nowadays. (btw, he can be found through the link on my sig, on their forums)

Actually, Gunk never got back to me, and Carlosdetweiler did, so most of rarest/most expensive items came from Bob's collection.
Still hoping to see Bob pop in and post.

Patrick
11-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Yes, it would be great to see both Bob and Gunk share their perspectives. :)

Scoogs
11-29-2007, 08:40 PM
I'd like to see Gunk come in and show some of the other small press books. Most of us collect more than one author, so it would be nice to see a thread or sub-forum for other collector books.

Randall Flagg
11-29-2007, 08:44 PM
The thread and participation awaits.
Feel free to start one.
Welcome Scoogs, good to see you here.

Patrick
11-30-2007, 12:47 AM
I totally agree with you about Gunk, Scoogs.

I'd love to see each of you start a thread in the Book Collections subforum. You guys both have interesting collections that we'd like to see. :dance:

Grillslinger
11-30-2007, 06:41 AM
Ah man...I just officially deleted my dt.net bookmark. It's just too much trouble. I had a lot of fun on that site, but it has been very problematic.

I'll always rember the good times though! Good times... :)

Hannah
11-30-2007, 07:15 AM
For those of you that may want to save threads, or some such, you can always visit http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://thedarktower.net

It looks like they only archived through Aug 2007 though. Also, AE is not available. :cry:

edit: nevermind, it looks like they didn't archive the actual threads, just the main forum index. bah.

Jimmy
11-30-2007, 07:25 AM
I don't really like the idea of the .net just... crawling away like it did. I'd love to be a fly on the wall to know what they hell the admins were thinking.

alinda
11-30-2007, 08:06 AM
here we are.:grouphug: we are here.

herbertwest
11-30-2007, 08:14 AM
For those of you that may want to save threads, or some such, you can always visit http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://thedarktower.net

It looks like they only archived through Aug 2007 though. Also, AE is not available. :cry:

edit: nevermind, it looks like they didn't archive the actual threads, just the main forum index. bah.

Great! I'll save some content and topics... maybe could we post it back in here, to do not lose some important contents? what do you guys think?

Jimmy
11-30-2007, 08:28 AM
I'd check with the bosses first West to see if it's ok with them.

herbertwest
11-30-2007, 08:29 AM
oki dook'!

Hannah
11-30-2007, 08:33 AM
You can't copy over anything but your own individual posts, unfortunately. But if you have posts from over there you want to post here, or topics that you'd like to restart, that'd be fine. :D

wizardsrainbow
11-30-2007, 09:22 AM

HEY MATEY!!!! Welcome, welcome welcome.

<Wizard does happy dances around his office now that his buddy is here>

Randall Flagg
11-30-2007, 09:28 AM
Welcome Calla Wolf. Another expert who will hopefully give his thoughts on King signatures.

CRinVA
11-30-2007, 09:39 AM

HEY MATEY!!!! Welcome, welcome welcome.

<Wizard does happy dances around his office now that his buddy is here>

Likewise! If Ceri wasn't around I wouldn't own a 1st Edition Carrie!

Glad your here my friend from across the pond!

Ari_Racing
11-30-2007, 10:41 AM
Welcome Ceri! :)
Nice to see you around pal

Matt
11-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Y'know, I go away for a couple of days and come back to finds some amazingly nice things said in here.

Regardless of what happens with the .net thing, its a pleasure to be among such a warm and friendly group.

I believe any fan is basically a collector waiting to bloom so here's to the days of warm sunshine and fertile ground that this site has become for all. :fairy:

**raises glass**

Thanks you guys.

and wonderful to see Calla Wolf here :rock:

herbertwest
11-30-2007, 04:26 PM
You can't copy over anything but your own individual posts, unfortunately. But if you have posts from over there you want to post here, or topics that you'd like to restart, that'd be fine. :D

that's the answer you got?

oki dook!

Randall Flagg
11-30-2007, 06:11 PM
It's not the answer she got, it is the answer she gave. In other words, she is one of the Directors here, and after discussion it was felt that posts at dt.net belong to two entities: Dt.net themselves, and the actual person who posted something.
You and anyone here is welcome to use any post you/they personally composed, everything else should be started new.
It actually gives us all a chance to have a fresh start and look at some things possibly in a different way.

LadyHitchhiker
12-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Alright, I'm moving in... but I'm not unpacking yet.... *looks suspicious* It's hard moving...

Daghain
12-01-2007, 05:19 PM
I've lived in this condo 2 1/2 years and I still haven't fully unpacked yet. :lol:

Take your time. :D

LadyHitchhiker
12-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Thank ye sai... I lived two years at tdt.net... I had 6,000 posts and the most amazing title... *le sigh* A lot of me is back there... hopefully it will be just as appreciated here.

Daghain
12-01-2007, 05:26 PM
We always appreciate a good conversation...pull up a comfy chair, crack open your favorite beverage, and enjoy! :D

LOVE the av, by the way. :D

LadyHitchhiker
12-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Thank you.. I love Futurama and Rocky Horror Picture Show... so I thought I'd combine the two... There's something very funny about a man in a dress I've always thought.

Randall Flagg
12-01-2007, 05:33 PM
...pull up a comfy chair, crack open your favorite beverage, and enjoy! :D

Drinks are on me.
2 drink minimum.
I awlays pick up Lady Hitchikers:thumbsup:

LadyHitchhiker
12-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Two Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters, and a ticket to the Restaurant at the End of the Universe... Are you ready?

Don't forget your towel!

Randall Flagg
12-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Coming right up.
No towel needed, I go au natural.

LadyHitchhiker
12-01-2007, 05:48 PM
:scared: LOOK!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup: <----- a hitchhiker's sign!!!!!! :excited:

herbertwest
12-02-2007, 04:44 AM
hmmm
the ROcky Horror Picture Show...

yeah baby!

alinda
12-02-2007, 05:12 AM
Good morning all, hey I missed Llama lady aka hitchhiker.
*sigh* I'm with you guys that think were in good shape
here , its us that count right ? a rose by any other name.:rose:

Spencer
12-02-2007, 05:57 AM
Well, today's the allegedly maybe rumored date that something maybe might but may not be announced there. :lol: We'll see if anything happens besides "Service Unavailable."

I totally agree with Randall Flagg about not porting a bunch of stuff form there over here. There's a lot of great stuff there, and some of it that people have posted will be valuable and useful if the poster chooses to copy bits of info they've posted there, but this site is it's own thing, and needs new takes on ideas as well.

Jimmy
12-02-2007, 06:02 AM
Two Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters, and a ticket to the Restaurant at the End of the Universe... Are you ready?

Don't forget your towel!

Pfft, I always know where my towel is.

alinda
12-02-2007, 06:06 AM
Morning Jimmy....hows everything?

(hugs for you & Laura)

Jimmy
12-02-2007, 06:09 AM
Morning Jimmy....hows everything?

(hugs for you & Laura)

Hey there Linda!

Everything's cool. Just trying to wake up a bit. How's things with you?

Hugs back cause since day one you've always been supportive of us and it's yielded nothing but good good things. :dance: :nana: :rock: :thumbsup:

:rose: :rose: :rose:

alinda
12-02-2007, 06:19 AM
Thats music to my ears Jimmy!!
I am well thankyou. Now, let
me tell you that in my opinion
there arent any people who
deserve to be happier than
you two!! I am very pleased
to be reading that all is going
fine !! I am so happy for you.:couple:

Rjeso
12-02-2007, 04:50 PM
I miss you, Linda Pants.... :( I hope everything's going well for you in your new home!

*mwah!*

Jimmy
12-03-2007, 06:21 AM
Thats music to my ears Jimmy!!
I am well thankyou. Now, let
me tell you that in my opinion
there arent any people who
deserve to be happier than
you two!! I am very pleased
to be reading that all is going
fine !! I am so happy for you.:couple:

Thanks Linda! That means a lot.

We're very happy. :couple:

LadyHitchhiker
12-03-2007, 09:50 AM
It's so nice to see so many familiar faces...

Rjeso
12-03-2007, 09:55 AM
It's so nice to see so many familiar faces...

*poke* :thumbsup:

Letti
12-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Thank God we use the same nick names. :D

LadyHitchhiker
12-03-2007, 10:12 AM
*tackles Rjeso* I saved a spot in this room just for you!

I agree, Letti.... :D

Brice
12-03-2007, 10:14 AM

Well, some of us do. :D

Letti
12-03-2007, 10:15 AM

Thank God the rest use their real names. ;)

Brice
12-03-2007, 10:24 AM

Thank God the rest use their real names. ;)
Yes, we do. :couple:

Jimmy
12-03-2007, 11:50 AM
People who use their real names as screen names rule!

(And so does Rjeso who would have undoubtedly given me crap for this because she doesn't fall under the people who use their real names as screen names rule - rule)

Rjeso
12-03-2007, 11:58 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/silver_phoenix11/smileys/be.gif Thank you.

LadyHitchhiker
12-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Well my screen name might as well be my real name because I've been using it for about half my life now... LOL

Jimmy
12-03-2007, 12:27 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/silver_phoenix11/smileys/be.gif Thank you.

Yer welcome. :huglove: :rose:

ManOfWesternesse
12-03-2007, 12:30 PM

(And so does Rjeso who would have undoubtedly given me crap for this because she doesn't fall under the people who use their real names as screen names rule - rule)

^^ :rofl:

Lot of familiar names (of both kinds) round here!

LadyHitchhiker
12-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Westy!!!!!!! *tackles* I missed-ed you!

ManOfWesternesse
12-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Westy!!!!!!! *tackles* I missed-ed you!

Hiya Liz!
I read that *tackles* as *tickles* for a minute there :rofl: but when I got my breath back I saw I was mistaken.
How are ya keeping Liz - it's been a while.

Letti
12-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Missed-ed???
Oh guys, tell me about this one... is it correct?

Sorry but you know what an English junkie I am. :blush:

Hannah
12-03-2007, 12:50 PM
:lol: no. not correct. just cute. :D

jhanic
12-03-2007, 12:51 PM
I always use my real name. I have enough trouble remembering it, let alone some screen name!

John

LadyHitchhiker
12-03-2007, 12:52 PM
I've been good, you Westy?

I intentionally mess up my english sometimes for cuteness sake, Letti. Pardon my English...

*liking this tdt.net reunion spot*

ManOfWesternesse
12-03-2007, 12:55 PM
I always use my real name. I have enough trouble remembering it, let alone some screen name!

John

Good point there.
I don't have that many account/screen names etc.., but still, between internet + work there's a hell of a lot of usernames / passwords etc.. to keep track of (or not!)

Yes Liz, this has a bit of a .NET reunion to it! Though hopefully, one of these days, we can have a reunion at .NET!

LadyHitchhiker
12-03-2007, 01:00 PM
I agree!!!! :D

Letti
12-03-2007, 01:11 PM
I intentionally mess up my english sometimes for cuteness sake, Letti. Pardon my English...

Oh, I did love it a lot!!! There is nothing to be sorry for.

LadyHitchhiker
12-03-2007, 01:14 PM
*big huggles*

Ruthful
12-03-2007, 01:22 PM
The only places where I use my real name are weblogs or on comment sections for normal news websites, because it's simply easier that way. On the other message boards I belong to I use an online pseudonym that's just as easy to remember-easier, in fact, since it's only one syllable in most cases-as my first name. Most of the people there know my first name though, so I suppose it's just a matter of preference.

Matt
12-03-2007, 01:27 PM
I've been using Matt for a while now. It just seemed easier to remember for me as well.

CPU
12-03-2007, 01:35 PM

I think some here know who I used to be at a couple of places, or maybe not ;) I like it here just the same.

LadyHitchhiker
12-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Hey... do our l-tets transfer from website to website? Ladies, we are still a llama-tet, right?

Patrick
12-03-2007, 02:46 PM
:clap: :thumbsup:

Daghain
12-03-2007, 02:57 PM

Ah, but the beauty of the Internet is that if you don't like your name, you can give yourself a new one. :D

LadyHitchhiker
12-03-2007, 03:24 PM
I was just wistfully thinking since I went to the religious forum on this site, and I wondered... how are all my friends on-line to know if something untoward happens to me...

Perhaps my tombstone should say "LadyHitchhiker" on it as well so that way others will know I have passed...

And it shall say something cute like "So long and thanks for all the fish"....

Bev Vincent
12-03-2007, 04:14 PM
The site and forums were back online a few minutes ago, but deadly slow and as empty as a thinny.

bast_imret
12-04-2007, 06:27 AM
Glad to have finally found you guys again!

Brice
12-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Well, I was able to go there for a few minutes and make a couple posts at least. :) I really do love that place and I miss it when I can't get there alot.

Incidentally Matt; I don't think you were out of line at all starting that thread. Perhaps if the site were thriving it might be a little tacky, but considering recent problems there I'd have done just the same thing. Don't let anyone make you feel bad for it.

Jean
12-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Precisely. I hope my post at the thread in question expresses the same idea. (in parentheses: Matt = supercool. http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif )

Matt
12-04-2007, 08:41 AM
Thanks Brice, I appreciate that. I really struggled with the idea of doing it at all.

I believe this sites merits stand alone and I hate to be seen as "luring" people. :(

It puts a negative light on what we have done here, and I hate that.

I just want DT fans to be able to interact. :lol:

Thank you to Jean as well :couple:

Brice
12-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Well, like we both said there is NO reason anyone need leave that site. Personally I love it. If it wasn't for that place I wouldn't know any of you beautiful people. I really hope both thrive.

And maybe it would seem a little like luring if .net was thriving and you made the same thread, but as things are now we could stand to lose touch with some of our friends who haven't found out about this site. That would suck. I think that guy was just being troublesome. Funny how he says he doesn't involve himself in drama and then tries to start some. :lol: He's been there since the beginning and made 65 posts in that time. Not that post count matters I'm just saying it gives the impression that he wasn't too interested in the people there or the community.

Matt
12-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Looks like everyone will get their wish.

This was posted by Josh over on dt.net

I have ordered a new server for the site which is a lot better than what we have now. Here is the timeline for migrating to the new server.

This week - Server being built
Next week - Server software configuration.
Next week - Forum data cleanup. The forums will be closed to clean up topics that haven't been touched for quite some time.
Two weeks - Initial site migration
Three weeks - Forum will be closed for site data transfer.
Three weeks - Site will be tested on new server.
Four weeks - Migration complete

If you want to help test out the new server please let me know.

Shortly after the new server is up, I'll be implementing the new framework for the site I've designed piece by piece. I've done a lot of work, but we don't have the resources to host it right now.

Congratulations :D

Brice
12-04-2007, 11:21 AM
Wonderful News! :grouphug:

Storyslinger
12-04-2007, 11:22 AM
Thats Great News:D

Brice
12-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Where was it posted? I'd like to offer to help test.

Matt
12-04-2007, 11:23 AM
In the improvements section.

Brice
12-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Ah, I found it. Thanks Matt!

Matt
12-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Good luck, hope it works out. :)

Brice
12-04-2007, 11:34 AM
me too :)

jhanic
12-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Yipeee!!!!

John

midnightrambler34
12-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Thats Cool!:rock:

LadyHitchhiker
12-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!! not that I will stop going here, but it's nice to have my home have some rennovations..

Now I will have two homes!!!!

herbertwest
12-04-2007, 05:10 PM
yippppi!

alinda
12-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Liz, Letti, Laura, LaCan, LaStef, LaMatttthqew...........etal...

Llama ladies rule!!!

I love you Lizzy, and miss our Llama ladies so much. Someday we will be together again, never give up!:grouphug:

Hey... do our l-tets transfer from website to website? Ladies, we are still a llama-tet, right?

Matt
12-05-2007, 12:44 PM

Llama Ladies--I hope that title isn't literal

LadyHitchhiker
12-13-2007, 07:36 PM
The Dark Tower . Net (crossing fingers) is doing much better...

jhanic
12-13-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed too!!

John

Spencer
12-13-2007, 10:27 PM
It's been working more lately for sure. I think both sites can continue to prosper, each brings its own style to the table.

Patrick
12-13-2007, 10:58 PM
... I think both sites can continue to prosper, each brings its own style to the table.
Very well said, Spencer. :thumbsup:

Jon
12-30-2007, 01:02 AM
Except that one Mod who is really into sheep. Isn't that sick!!??!!

Ruki
12-30-2007, 01:58 AM
that guy creeps me the hell out :P

wizardsrainbow
12-31-2007, 07:48 AM
There is a new message up on the site. They are upgrading to a new server and ask for patience. It will be up soon.

jhanic
01-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Still waiting.

John

IWasSentWest
01-17-2008, 12:45 PM
im glad its comin back on...it was my first forum and i loved the family comradery (sp?) that went on there

i didnt know IW that well....and i was beginning to wonder (im sorry to say) if he had just taken the money ppl had sent him to keep up the site and use it for his own use (much like Tyler, the old owner did)

Jon
02-04-2008, 03:09 AM
When will it return? When will this be merged? When will this be archived?

herbertwest
02-04-2008, 05:16 AM
the moving was supposed to take 2 weeks, + 1 week running test if i remember well..
should already have been back since awhile now..

ManOfWesternesse
02-04-2008, 05:21 AM

.... what..... .NET & .COM ????
*runs_away_very_fast* :lol:

Brice
02-04-2008, 05:24 AM

.... what..... .NET & .COM ????
*runs_away_very_fast* :lol:

That will not be happening. As for this thread it will be merged as soon as someone with mod powers in this forum sees it I'm sure. :D

Matt
02-04-2008, 07:14 AM
Yep, we have a thread for it already in here somewhere.

Wuducynn
02-04-2008, 07:18 AM
*Watches Matt boot the thread into The Clearing* Poor thing never had a chance! Cold!

Matt
02-04-2008, 07:19 AM

I think in this case it is a merge, I don't see the site really needing more than one thread to discuss thedarktower.net

Daghain
02-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Merged! :)

Jon
02-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Sorry...I could not find the thread. Sorry Mods...I know how frustrating that can be.

(I was just kidding about merging the two sites and archiving one.)

LadyHitchhiker
02-04-2008, 01:54 PM

I think in this case it is a merge, I don't see the site really needing more than one thread to discuss thedarktower.net

What?!?!?

:shoot:

No... just kidding.

I do feel like coming here though that it's almost like I've gone to the other high school in town though...

Matt
02-04-2008, 01:58 PM
EEEK!!

I hate for it to be like that Lady.

I'm just a dude that wanted a fan site, the place really has nothing to do with dt.net--I do really wish that those of you looking for information on the site could get it though.

As for me, I keep this place going and updated no matter what. That is what admin is for.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
02-04-2008, 02:03 PM
EEEK!!

I'm just a dude that wanted a fan site, the place really has nothing to do with dt.net--I do really wish that those of you looking for information on the site could get it though.

As for me, I keep this place going and updated no matter what. That is what admin is for.

You are doing a great job Matt. :couple:

Daghain
02-04-2008, 02:05 PM
It's so rare I get to use my moderating superpowers. :lol:

Sorry...I could not find the thread. Sorry Mods...I know how frustrating that can be.

(I was just kidding about merging the two sites and archiving one.)

Matt
02-04-2008, 02:06 PM
EEEK!!

You are doing a great job Matt. :couple:

Thank you--I really appreciate that and the idea that members enjoy the site is the best I could hope for.

LadyHitchhiker
02-04-2008, 02:08 PM
No no no Matt your site is beautiful and wonderful.... it's like I'm torn between two lovers in a way though... yours is fancy and flashy and my other one I had over 6,000 posts at... I hope you understand that I love it here...
I'm just completely grateful that there is still a website out there where I can have fun and be myself and talk about the tower.... Your site is wonderful amazing fabulous and has so many neat bells and whistles...
In fact, I think I've grown more here in my little time here than I did at tdt.net... and I'm sorry for comparing the two, but when you logged in as much time as I did over there, you're bound to doing a little bit.
In fact, the truth is that tdt.net will probably have changed so much I won't even like it anymore and this will be my permanent residence...
*hugs and kisses*

LadyHitchhiker
02-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Hope you won't kick me out oh fabulous landlord... *bows and salaams*

Matt
02-04-2008, 02:39 PM
No no no Matt your site is beautiful and wonderful.... it's like I'm torn between two lovers in a way though... yours is fancy and flashy and my other one I had over 6,000 posts at... I hope you understand that I love it here...
I'm just completely grateful that there is still a website out there where I can have fun and be myself and talk about the tower.... Your site is wonderful amazing fabulous and has so many neat bells and whistles...
In fact, I think I've grown more here in my little time here than I did at tdt.net... and I'm sorry for comparing the two, but when you logged in as much time as I did over there, you're bound to doing a little bit.
In fact, the truth is that tdt.net will probably have changed so much I won't even like it anymore and this will be my permanent residence...
*hugs and kisses*

Its okay LH, don't worry about it a bit.

I totally understand the feelings toward dt.net--like I said upthread, I just really wish those of you who are vested there could get some info on it.

The two sites are about as different as they can be from the content to management to everything under the sun. :lol:

I'm very glad for each member we have though, that totally includes you. :clap:

LadyHitchhiker
02-04-2008, 02:52 PM
It's great to know you're so devoted to this site... I hope it stays that way and that you still stay passionate about us fans, and maintaining such a fabulous site :D

All my best wishes are with you!!!!!!!

obscurejude
02-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Are there other websites besides this one? If so, I'm not aware of them.

Matt
02-04-2008, 03:52 PM
I believe there are a few other fan sites for SK. Not many are viable and only a couple (like ours) is a message board so fans can actually interact.

I do believe there is a fairly large UK board but I'm not sure.

LadyHitchhiker
02-04-2008, 03:53 PM
well there WAS www.thedarktower.net but it is down right now and has been off and on for far much longer than I would like to admit to.

LadyHitchhiker
02-04-2008, 03:54 PM
So imfo these were the only two. And so now this ist he only one..

obscurejude
02-04-2008, 03:58 PM
I believe there are a few other fan sites for SK. Not many are viable and only a couple (like ours) is a message board so fans can actually interact.

Matt, it was just a joke. It was kind of a underhanded compliment i.e. the others literally don't pale in comparison because this is so great I forgot they existed. Thanks for the information though. You too Lady. I also meant that I had also ceased to realize the web existed beyond this sight. Text is always an imperfect medium for these kinds of things...Next time I'll use an emoticon.

LadyHitchhiker
02-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Yes... the web barely exists to me besides this lovely home...

jhanic
02-04-2008, 05:31 PM
I also post occasionally on Bev Vincent's board:

http://www.bevvincent.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

John

Matt
02-05-2008, 05:13 AM

Matt, it was just a joke. It was kind of a underhanded compliment i.e. the others literally don't pale in comparison because this is so great I forgot they existed. Thanks for the information though. You too Lady. I also meant that I had also ceased to realize the web existed beyond this sight. Text is always an imperfect medium for these kinds of things...Next time I'll use an emoticon.

:lol: <---

I'm a bit slow on the uptake when it comes to this stuff obscure...

I can't tell you how much I appreciate you and every other member who loves this place.

Wuducynn
02-05-2008, 06:47 AM
I don't know if this has been brought up before and maybe I need to make another thread about it, but does anyone know whats going on with TheDarkTower.Net?

Brice
02-05-2008, 06:54 AM
I don't know if this has been brought up before and maybe I need to make another thread about it, but does anyone know whats going on with TheDarkTower.Net?

Yes, it is fine and running as normal, but you were banned. :o

Wuducynn
02-05-2008, 06:55 AM
*sigh* I knew it. Its about time.

Brice
02-05-2008, 06:58 AM
Yeah, really I'm shocked you lasted this long. :lol:

Mattrick
02-05-2008, 07:39 AM
It's funny. I didn't even know this site existed and I went to .net for over a year. Now I don't go there because this site has a lot more activity. It seems like .net hardly moves. Is anything going on there that isn't happening here?

Brice
02-05-2008, 07:41 AM
Right now the site is down for maintenance. Nothing at all is going on.

Cutter
02-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Right now the site is down for maintenance. Nothing at all is going on.
Which was the problem. It started getting so bad people stopped going there because they couldn't log in. And then it's been down, up, down, up, et cetera trying to fix the problem. And that's become a problem, so I no longer visit because this site is always up and always lets me log in, so I hang out here. :cowboy:

jhanic
02-05-2008, 08:00 AM
I check out .net at least once every day--it WAS my "first love", but nothing seems to be happening.

I'm just really glad this site exists.

John

1ofthe19
02-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Is this site the newer version of thedarktower.net or in no way related to that site? I was only wondering, because that site has been under construction so long.

MonteGss
02-20-2008, 05:14 PM
Hey 1ofthe19, welcome to the site!

You should really check the forums before creating a new topic, I believe we already have a thread dedicated to this question. :)

MonteGss
02-20-2008, 05:20 PM
But to answer your question, no this site is in no way affiliated with .net. :)

jhanic
03-04-2008, 12:15 PM
I just checked the .net site and all I get is "Input not specified". Before, I'd at least get a screen that said they would be up in a while. Maybe it's gone forever.

John

John Blaze
03-04-2008, 12:19 PM
I just checked it also. That sucks balls, but to tell the truth I expected that.

RIP .net

jhanic
03-04-2008, 12:29 PM
I just checked again and got the We're Moving screen. I'm so confused!!

John

John Blaze
03-04-2008, 12:31 PM
wtf? now I'm confuzzled.

LadyHitchhiker
03-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Still says "we're moving"... hasnt' that been up for like 2 months now???? What's going on???

Randall Flagg
03-04-2008, 01:13 PM
IMO, the rebuilding of the site to a "faster and more reliable server", is not at the top of Josh's priority list.
It is great to reminisce , but for now we can enjoy and create new memories here.:clap:

LadyHitchhiker
03-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Agreed, but it still baffles me. I love the moving page. It's beautiful and all that, but I really think it's fair to the fans if he gives people a timetable or just tells people "look, it's not going to happen"....

Matt
03-04-2008, 01:15 PM
It is great to reminisce , but for now we can enjoy and create new memories here.

:wub:

LadyHitchhiker
03-04-2008, 01:17 PM
But even if it doesn't happen, that's okay... I love it here...

Eventually Brice will forgive me for all the merges he has had to do because of me... :blushes: and just take me as the exuberant individual I am...

That didn't come out sounding right..

That didn't either..

I'll quit while I'm ahead.. or behind ....

Randall Flagg
03-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Agreed, but it still baffles me. I love the moving page. It's beautiful and all that, but I really think it's fair to the fans if he gives people a timetable or just tells people "look, it's not going to happen"....
If you wish, you could contact Josh.
Ownership/contact info can be found by going to www.godaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com)
Click on "who is" and go through the process.
Good luck. He never responded to my e-mail or phone call.

LadyHitchhiker
03-04-2008, 01:25 PM
*wonders how her money she sent him is being sent if not to upgrade the site... wonders if she can get a refund*

jhanic
03-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Don't hold your breath.

John

ManOfWesternesse
03-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Yeah - I still click the link regularly.
But I'm starting to give up hope.

Brice
03-04-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm not sure I should say this, but nothing was said of it being a secret so...Fuck it...The site is ready to go back online now. Josh is just looking for someone who can handle the technical end of administrating the site. He says he doesn't have time for it anymore. This is what he told me a week or two ago when I asked him about it.

Edit: I'm not saying this to start trouble or nothing. I just think people ought to at least know what's going on.

Matt
03-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Thanks for saying so Brice, its no trouble.

If tdt.net is indeed coming back online then I say good luck to everyone involved. I don't consider the two sites in competition at all, they are more like apples and oranges to me.

I believe a site like this has success (or lack of) based completely on its own merit because in the end, anyone can start up a fan site and try to make it fly. :rock:

Its a person who decides where they would like to hang out and that can be a variety of places as we all know.

So this sites official stance on any return of tdt.net is that we hope it has long nights and very pleasant days.

Ruthful
03-04-2008, 05:55 PM
I just checked again and got the We're Moving screen. I'm so confused!!

John

They should have just used that great standby, ceiling cat.

That's what the admin at the Protest Warrior guest forums did when he took it offline for approximately a year. The funny thing is that when it returned it was an even more poorly formatted board with less features.

NeedfulKings
03-04-2008, 07:58 PM
I like both sites, but if it's okay, I think I'll stay here for now.

I'm comfy.

blackrose22
03-04-2008, 08:30 PM
I loved the dt.net site and was so annoyed when it started to slow down to a point were it would take 10 minutes to post a reply to a thread that I stop logging on to it:angry: . Started to miss it so when to log on one day and there was a thread saying it was migrating to new severs and should be up and running by the end of December. It also said it was cheaper than the current sever that they were using and would be faster too. I thought great its coming back to what it use to be. Its around that time when I discovered TDT.com site and log on a few times. Though it was good but felt disloyal to dt.net if I joined so I waited for the magical reappearance of dt.net. So in the end I started to log on here and realized on how good this site was and that amount of names I recognised from dt.net I said fuck it and joined and really glad I did so. If dt.net does make an reappearance I will wish it well but will be staying here as its so much more fun and friendly:grouphug: :thumbsup: :rock:

LadyHitchhiker
03-04-2008, 08:47 PM
I think it's cute how politically correct and sweet Brice and Matt are... :wub:

Odetta
03-04-2008, 08:49 PM
I used to check everyday to see if the site was up and running... now I'll just wait until someone says something on here then I'll go have a peekie.

LadyHitchhiker
03-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Well I'm not mentioning it every day like i was before but it still sits on my favorites for my tabs on firefox and I just wish I knew whether I should take it off or not.

MonteGss
03-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Take it off.

LadyHitchhiker
03-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Must be REALLY tired... I come into a thread and Mont's telling me to take it off and I'm like, "What? What did I miss?!" Then I realize you're talking about the tab and blather blather bobbly booble

alinda
03-04-2008, 11:07 PM
I just miss palaver!!

I used to check everyday to see if the site was up and running... now I'll just wait until someone says something on here then I'll go have a peekie.

John Blaze
03-04-2008, 11:37 PM
me too alinda.

ManOfWesternesse
03-05-2008, 05:34 AM
Brice, thankee-sai for that update!

Jean
03-05-2008, 05:53 AM
Take it off.
why? do you know something I don't?

MonteGss
03-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Take it off.
why? do you know something I don't?

No sir. It was just my quick way of saying..."don't hold your breath...i'll believe it is coming back when i see it" and also that the site went a VERY long time, from what I understand, claiming that they were upgrading the server to actually be able to post with ease. Again, I'll believe it when I see it. Besides, this site in one year is running circles around what .net was. My opinion of course. For now at least, people here want to talk about The Dark Tower...over there, people only posted in AE.

Wuducynn
03-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Yeah - I still click the link regularly.
But I'm starting to give up hope.

To the proverbial 'T'

Rjeso
03-05-2008, 10:31 AM
For now at least, people here want to talk about The Dark Tower...over there, people only posted in AE.

That's true. Here, the site seems more centered around the books and discussion thereof. At .net, it seemed more socially-centered. Palaver was rockin' and I miss it, but I like reading all the discussion threads here. So yes, I am excited for .net to come back, but I will still frequent .com on a daily basis when/if it does come back.

Jean
03-05-2008, 12:42 PM
over there, people only posted in AE.
Which makes not only me, but quite a lot other people, whom I personally consider brilliant, all but nonexistent.

I hardly ever went to AE, but I had a lot of lively discussions going on about various aspects of DT; I know people who were equally interested in them and would like to continue. I put about 99% of what I call my brain into my ka thread, and some others, too; also, I miss my Library and I know of people who do, too. I feel very bad now because I still don't know if I should just restart them here, or wait till I can go on where they started and went on for years, involving amazing insights of amazingly intelligent and creative people (I don't mean me. I said, people). This site beats the crap out of .net, true, and I long ago came to think of it as my true home, but nobody freed me of old allegiance - and it's only death of either party that can sever that bond. That's why I'm naturally interested in whether the old Shogun is still breathing.

Letti
03-05-2008, 12:46 PM
We all know that DT.net is a hard question. We have been watching its agony for way too long. That was my home and it always will be still I don't know how it will work when it opens its gates again. I don't visit the site anymore. If I get the news it's open again I will run there... and after that?
And after that?
We will see.

Jean
03-05-2008, 12:47 PM
precisely

John Blaze
03-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Jean, i'm with you man. We had some amazing discussions, and there were some great threads on there, where we put alot of time and effort into serious discussions. Path, Fruno, Jean, others and myself put alot of thought into essays on that site. Sometimes I see people starting new discussions here about some of the stuff we already flogged to death in .net, and that's why I don't feel like going in there and starting over.

Jean
03-05-2008, 01:01 PM
... and Walter! and Callahan! and lemur! and Childe!... and Ka-Dan!... and my sisters, Juliette and Susan! and others, too!

::heartbroken::

but I still wish you would post. Discussions take unexpected turn, because different people think differently. And there are many brilliant thinkers here, too, of course.

John Blaze
03-05-2008, 01:06 PM
i can see that. Maybe if you come in the chat right now you can convince me. :D

Jean
03-05-2008, 01:09 PM
oops, now I go directly to bed! I will convince you some other time http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_wink-1.gif.

People from .net, if you're only lying in wait, please, post your thoughts in this site! Many are registered here but don't post - guys, life is short, and thoughts have a nasty tendency to get forgotten when they are not spoken. Don't let those bells that were

tolling for the tongues
with no place to bring their thoughts

- toll for you! http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif I personally can't imagine anything that could be better than what we have here (Matt: http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_thumb.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bearheart.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_thumb.gif); it doesn't contradict anything I said above, though. Allegiance is allegiance, and first love is forever first, and unfinished business is still unfinished.

John Blaze
03-05-2008, 01:16 PM
specially Path, Susan and Julietta, I miss them alot.

Matt
03-05-2008, 02:16 PM
I've been wanting to stay out of this but I must say that you are all beautiful people. It is for that reason this site is here.