PDA

View Full Version : a new kind of psycho

Ruki
11-20-2007, 12:54 PM
it's hard to find any horror movie that doesn't remind you of a few other films. has every idea been done to death? can you come up with something fresh?

how about an autistic teenager who can't tie his shoes but is amazingly talented at getting away with murder? too primal fear meets rain man? okay so what about a dog ... no ... a turtle! a big smart turtle with a samurai sword ... shit. wait i got it! the killer is a little kid with supernatural powers and he's his own son because he grows up to build a time machine. shut up it's nothing like terminator or the omen.

Matt
11-20-2007, 01:14 PM
:o

I like that idea a lot. You could basically leave that kid out of the list of suspects till the end. What a great surprise.

I'm going to have to think on this one--:orely:

Jimmy
11-20-2007, 01:41 PM
:o

I like that idea a lot. You could basically leave that kid out of the list of suspects till the end. What a great surprise.

I'm going to have to think on this one--:orely:

It was called "Identity." With John Cusack, Amanda Peet and Ray Liotta.

Killer turtle was "Gamora." :ninja:

I've spent years trying to come up with an idea for a horror movie/monster but there's not much that hasn't been done.

Matt
11-20-2007, 01:43 PM
I saw Identity, pretty cool.

Was that kid autistic--and they were all in his mind right?

Jimmy
11-20-2007, 01:44 PM
I saw Identity, pretty cool.

Was that kid autistic--and they were all in his mind right?

Well, he didn't talk anymore. Yeah, they all existed in the killer's mind.

ZoNeSeeK
11-21-2007, 04:55 PM
How about a psycho acupuncturist who drugs you with his needles and you wake up with body parts missing and you've been dumped in the woods ?

Matt
11-21-2007, 04:58 PM
How about a guy who has studied all the FBI "profiles" of killers and purposely goes against them.

Or a woman...FBI Agent in fact. Her Dad was one maybe, that's why she got into the bureau in the first place

She-Oy
11-21-2007, 05:17 PM
How about a family who gets poisoned by undercooked turkey on Thanksgiving day?

*A current and possibly real fear of mine, considering I'm doing the family dinner all by myself tomorrow...

Ruki
11-21-2007, 05:42 PM
i just found an ad for a movie about killer mutant sheep :lol:

i think zone's psycho acupuncturist should drug matt's fbi creep. then she has a reason to stalk and kill new age healers while her daddy tries to hunt the killer, but she poisons him with an undercooked turkey when he gets too close.

... and the leftover turkey gets eaten by her son who's been controlling her with his telekinetic oedipus powers so when he dies she's free to move to hawaii and raise autistic turtles. :P

ZoNeSeeK
11-21-2007, 06:34 PM
Yeah, its a kiwi film called Black Sheep ruki, about killer sheep who eat people :D

Ruki
11-21-2007, 07:30 PM
i hate to say this but i want to see it

Jimmy
11-21-2007, 08:32 PM
I posted the poster for Black Sheep ages ago on the .net. I hoped for a better reaction than what I got.

I was thinking about a drug that possesses people like a hive mind sort of thing. Working out the details.

Darkthoughts
11-23-2007, 02:36 AM
Black Sheep is pretty gory!

I think suspense and creepyness is more scary than gory. And theres nothing more creepy than revolting china dolls...and music box music...and the ghosts of little children singing nursery rhymes.

If you filmed an hour of a china doll museum with a music box/nursery rhyme soundtrack that implied that something bad was just about to happen I'd be sleeping with the light on for sure. :lol:

Matt
11-23-2007, 07:10 AM
I'm with you there. :unsure:

Ruki
11-23-2007, 06:05 PM
i love gore, the more the better, every movie should have it. but lots of blood and steaming piles of entrails being eaten by elderly hermaphrodite munchkins is never creepy, those movies are like the disney version of horror. the gore should sorta be the comic relief after the scary suspenseful stuff. not comic like ha ha it's so fake, more like hostel where you're squirming but you have to laugh from the shock of what you just saw.

Jimmy
11-26-2007, 06:13 AM
Where have all the psychos gone?

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/7383/ab2br6.gif

Storyslinger
11-26-2007, 06:16 AM

i think zone's psycho acupuncturist should drug matt's fbi creep. then she has a reason to stalk and kill new age healers while her daddy tries to hunt the killer, but she poisons him with an undercooked turkey when he gets too close.

... and the leftover turkey gets eaten by her son who's been controlling her with his telekinetic oedipus powers so when he dies she's free to move to hawaii and raise autistic turtles. :P

See, even sheep has been done.

My guess would be with a killer banana like this----> :nana:

Erin
11-28-2007, 07:51 AM
Where have all the psychos gone?

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/7383/ab2br6.gif

:rofl: I love that!

A friend of mine always says he wants to make a horror movie and have a torture scene in it where the first thing the killer does is use a hole-punch to punch holes in the victim's eye-lids so he's forced to watch everything he does to him. :lol: Twisted I know.

Odetta
11-28-2007, 08:02 AM
How about a movie where there's a rabid dog who's attacking a mom and son in a car? Wait, no...

OK... how about a CAR, yes, a car... that's possessed and kills anyone who goes after her owner? no, that's been done... hmmm...

PETS! Yes, pets, that come back to life after they're buried in an Indian burial ground!

ah, forget it! I gots nothin'!

Storyslinger
11-28-2007, 08:08 AM
Or maybe...................I"VE GOT IT

A killer fog, or even a mist that has creatures in it.

Never mind, this is hard

Ruki
01-04-2008, 02:25 PM
A friend of mine always says he wants to make a horror movie and have a torture scene in it where the first thing the killer does is use a hole-punch to punch holes in the victim's eye-lids so he's forced to watch everything he does to him. :lol: Twisted I know.

i like your friend :)

Matt
01-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Looks like there is a new thriller out about a guy who remote web cams a killing. The more people that log on to watch, the faster the victim dies.

Seems pretty original.

Heather19
01-04-2008, 04:44 PM
what's the name of the movie?

Matt
01-04-2008, 04:53 PM
**bangs head**

I can't remember...maybe "remote"

I'm sure thats not it though

Woofer
01-04-2008, 09:13 PM
I think Matt's thinking of Untraceable (http://imdb.com/title/tt0880578/). It's coming out January 25th.

Alas, as soon as I heard about it, I thought of CSI season 5, episodes 24 and 25, which were directed and cowritten by Quentin Tarantino. I know it's been a while since these episodes originally aired, but I'll spoiler this anyway. Don't want to ruin it for anyone who might be watching it for the first time in reruns. :) CSI Nick was kidnapped and buried in a glass coffin with a ventilation system, a light, and a video camera installed. However, the kidnapper had connected the ventilation fan to the camera and light; thus, when the camera and light were on, no air was being circulated. Naturally the rest of the CSI team didn't know this and wanted to keep a close eye on Nick, so they pushed the video feed button. A lot. Since the camera had no audio feed, Nick was unable to let them know that they would asphyxiate him if they kept it up. And it gets even worse! Pretty creepy stuff - especially if you have a thing about being buried alive.

Not quite the same, but I can see that episode influencing Untraceable.

Woofer
01-05-2008, 08:03 AM

Yeah, its a kiwi film called Black Sheep ruki, about killer sheep who eat people :D

i hate to say this but i want to see it

Nothing wrong with wanting to enjoy a good horrocomedy. :D

I posted the poster for Black Sheep ages ago on the .net. I hoped for a better reaction than what I got.

Forgot to mention last night: I quite enjoyed Black Sheep and will be renting it again soon. Sheep are funny creatures, and the idea of a weresheep is hysterical (apparently to others, too).

Black Sheep is pretty gory!

It is pretty gory - gorier than I expected - but it wasn't any worse than Slither. I don't mind gore; in fact, I actually enjoy it. Depending on the movie, the more gore the better. But then I like horror and suspense in all forms, from the cheapest, cheesiest MST3K-featured crap-fest to the finest psychological mystery.

Black Sheep is a good blend of comedy and horror, and the effects are top notch thanks to the great work of the people at WETA workshop.

Brice
01-05-2008, 08:20 AM
Yes, it's a very entertaining film. :D

Heather19
01-05-2008, 10:09 AM
I think Matt's thinking of Untraceable (http://imdb.com/title/tt0880578/). It's coming out January 25th.

Yes, thank you. I had remembered seeing something recently that sounded like what Matt was talking about, but couldn't remember what it was called.

And about Black Sheep, I loved that movie. I thought it was hilarious.