PDA

View Full Version : The Story Telling Club (Breathing Method, Man Who Would Not Shake Hands)

Silenoz
11-27-2011, 01:29 PM
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone here knew which Stephen King stories involve the strange Manhattan based story telling club that's featured in The Breathing Method and The Man Who Would Not Shake Hands. Those are the only two stories that I know of, but I was wondering if (and hoping that) there are more. I'm not too familiar with a lot of King's short stories, and with there being so many of them, it seems like the club might have made another appearance somewhere.

pathoftheturtle
11-28-2011, 07:07 AM
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone here knew which Stephen King stories involve the strange Manhattan based story telling club that's featured in The Breathing Method and The Man Who Would Not Shake Hands. Those are the only two stories that I know of, but I was wondering if (and hoping that) there are more. I'm not too familiar with a lot of King's short stories, and with there being so many of them, it seems like the club might have made another appearance somewhere.Yeah, that would have been great. Sorry.

DanishCollector
12-01-2011, 02:56 PM
No, it's only in these two stories.

Silenoz
12-04-2011, 03:16 AM
Thanks for your replies. Too bad that it hasn't shown up again. Maybe it still will one of these days.

mikeC
12-29-2011, 08:31 AM
You should check out the audio edition of Breathing Method, it's like you're actually there in the club. One of Frank Muller's best readings!

Jean
01-01-2012, 05:15 AM
I will not merge this thread, hoping that more Story Telling Club stories will appear in the future.

Silenoz
01-04-2012, 08:23 AM
mikec, that audio book was actually the first exposure I had to the either of the stories, maybe part of why I enjoyed it so much. The format definitely lends itself to the material. I was never really into audio books before that, it was one of the first that I listened to, and it was the one that sort of sold me on them.

Shannon
01-12-2012, 11:26 AM
I really enjoy the Club stories. I wish there were something like that in real life.