PDA

View Full Version : Christmas giveaway

Scott Landon
11-19-2011, 06:01 AM
It's christmas for someone. There will be a drawing for a trade copy of Knowing Darkness Centipede Press' lavish Stephen King art book. I will ship anywhere, but the winner will have to handle the exact shipping. Post here to be included in the drawing and have a merry christmas.

Editt: Throwing in a set of the prints that go with it too.

Ari_Racing
11-19-2011, 06:25 AM
That is really nice of you! :)

iowabob
11-19-2011, 06:44 AM
Wow!

ChristineB
11-19-2011, 06:55 AM
Wow hoo! Scott Landon is the new Santa Claus :clap:

I'm in.

Robert Fulman
11-19-2011, 07:23 AM
I approve of the awesomeness of this offer. (I already have one, so good luck to all those who enter!)

Cook
11-19-2011, 07:43 AM
Posting here ! Posting here ! Posting here !

It's christmas for someone. There will be a drawing for a trade copy of Knowing Darkness Centipede Press' lavish Stephen King art book. I will ship anywhere, but the winner will have to handle the exact shipping. Post here to be included in the drawing and have a merry christmas.

Editt: Throwing in a set of the prints that go with it too.

Odetta
11-19-2011, 08:10 AM
me too me too!

Ricky
11-19-2011, 08:11 AM
Wow! I would love to be entered into this.

Heather19
11-19-2011, 08:16 AM
Nice! Please add my name too :)

John Blaze
11-19-2011, 08:29 AM
woohoo! count me in, and thank you for the generosity.

Bethany
11-19-2011, 11:29 AM
Enter me, as well. Thank you!

Erin
11-19-2011, 03:53 PM
How awesome. Please count me in, I'd love to win!

George at C-Springs
11-19-2011, 04:07 PM
I'll take you up on it now that I'm back in the states! Will definitely need to build a fortified bookcase!

Patrick
11-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Very cool of you! I'm not entering as I already have a copy of this book. Good luck, everyone!

Scott Landon
11-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Rules:

Deadline: christmas eve at midnight. The drawing will be christmas day.
Again:. Winner pays for shipping, also insurance if they want it. This proviso may be overlooked if i know you and believe the shipping would prohibit your entry. Drawing is open to everyone on this planet, others are inelligible. If through the nature of this you discover who scott landon is you agree to be tortured if you reveal. If i can help it though you'll never know. Also, if you don't specifically remove yourself from entering in your post here i am assuming that you want in. Have fun! Yes, that is a rule.

Here's who i have so far for this:

Ari Racing
Iowabob
Christine B
Cook
Odetta
Ricky
Heather19
John Blaze
Erin
Bethany
George (no longer) at Ramstein
Evilash
Merlin1958
Browning's Child
Velcro fly
CRinVA

evilash
11-19-2011, 05:35 PM
I would be crazy not to enter! Scrooge you are not, sir!

Scott Landon
11-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Bah humbug!

I've added you to my list.

Cook
11-19-2011, 05:38 PM
Tortured ?? Ok.... are we talking whips? chains?
Can you be more descriptive? Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaa.... I'm Ok now, really, the medication is starting to work.

Rules:

Deadline: christmas eve at midnight. The drawing will be christmas day.
Again:. Winner pays for shipping, also insurance if they want it. This proviso may be overlooked if i know you and believe the shipping would prohibit your entry. Drawing is open to everyone on this planet, others are inelligible. If through the nature of this you discover who scott landon is you agree to be tortured if you reveal. If i can help it though you'll never know. Also, if you don't specifically remove yourself from entering in your post here i am assuming you want in. Have fun! Yes, that is a rule.

Here's who i have so far for this:

Ari Racing
Iowabob
Christine B
Cook
Odetta
Ricky
Heather19
John Blaze
Erin
Bethany

Merlin1958
11-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Please enter my name, but if I win could you ship to Jerome for the 2012 Haven Fundraiser? Of course, I'll pay for the S/H

Scott Landon
11-20-2011, 09:41 AM
Please enter my name, but if I win could you ship to Jerome for the 2012 Haven Fundraiser? Of course, I'll pay for the S/H

Yes, i will do that conditionally. The conditions being that it be for a giveaway and not an auction and that if you and i agree that someone legitimately can't afford the minimum donation to be eligible for the giveaway that you and i split on making them eligible. Otherwise i'll send it to you if you win and you'll do with it what you will. My hope here though is that it finds a home with someone who might not be able to get it otherwise... Or at least not so easily. I already have the signed one myself so i thought I would share with one of our friends.

Cook: Tell and you will find out.

CRinVA
11-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Im in Im in Please add my name!

velcro_fly
11-20-2011, 03:21 PM
Awesome!

BROWNINGS CHILDE
11-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Cool....me too please.

Scott Landon
11-20-2011, 07:50 PM
I've got all of you added to the list.

Merlin1958
11-21-2011, 08:08 AM

Yes, i will do that conditionally. The conditions being that it be for a giveaway and not an auction and that if you and i agree that someone legitimately can't afford the minimum donation to be eligible for the giveaway that you and i split on making them eligible. Otherwise i'll send it to you if you win and you'll do with it what you will. My hope here though is that it finds a home with someone who might not be able to get it otherwise... Or at least not so easily. I already have the signed one myself so i thought I would share with one of our friends.

Cook: Tell and you will find out.

Ok Sure w/e

Patrick
11-21-2011, 07:49 PM
Hey Scott,

I didn't see it spelled out in the rules, but usually people are on the honor system not to enter if they own a particular giveaway item already or a higher value edition of same.

Does this standard rule apply here?

Just wondering, I'm sitting it out either way.

Scott Landon
11-22-2011, 03:18 AM
Hey Scott,

I didn't see it spelled out in the rules, but usually people are on the honor system not to enter if they own a particular giveaway item already or a higher value edition of same.

Does this standard rule apply here?

Just wondering, I'm sitting it out either way.

I purposely didn't make that a rule. People shouldn't need a rule to behave honorably and if they do they probably won't anyway. The spirit of these things should imply that you not try to get it if you don't need it. That would be almost as bad in my opinion as trying to win it and then turning around and selling it immediately. I would probably never know, but I also could not think very much of the person if I did know they did something like that.

I am going to add one small rule though. To enter you must have fifty posts on the site. If you don't you've got plenty of time to start posting.

Scott Landon
11-22-2011, 06:33 AM
evilash gets a pass on the fifty post rule though since he/she got in before the rule was made.

evilash
11-22-2011, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the pass! I have been a member for a year and a half and a lurker for a few years before that. I just don't post that much (strong silent type LOL). I am on the site every day (several times in fact) and have dealt with several of the members here as well. If anybody has a problem with my not having posted enough I will do my best to have enough posts by X-mas so it won't even be an issue. Thanks for the the show of trust!

evilash
11-22-2011, 07:46 AM
By the way, I am a he!

Scott Landon
11-22-2011, 08:06 AM
Well, of course we'd prefer you post often, sir. :)

Jimimck
11-24-2011, 09:57 PM
I'd like to enter on the same conditions as Merlin re the fundraiser.... If that's OK?

Scott Landon
11-25-2011, 07:46 AM
I'd like to enter on the same conditions as Merlin re the fundraiser.... If that's OK?

I think here I want to just say no. I mean I don't intend it unkindly at all, but Haven has a chance of getting it through Bill. If a bunch of people start entering in Haven's name well, Haven will be almost guaranteed to get it to the detriment of all those others who've entered. I think it's great that you want to help Haven. I considered donating it myself both to Haven and another charity. I do help when it feels right to me. Ultimately I decided with this that I wanted to simply give it away with no attachments. If you (or anyone else) wants or needs it for themselves they can enter and I wish them the best with it.

Jimimck
11-25-2011, 01:34 PM
No problem at all - makes sense. No need to enter me thanks anyway, just picked one up recently.
I hope this goes to someone who really wants it as it is an awesome book.

Good luck all.

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Ok, I'm entering for one reason only - I want the book.

Scott Landon
11-25-2011, 09:50 PM
No problem at all - makes sense. No need to enter me thanks anyway, just picked one up recently.
I hope this goes to someone who really wants it as it is an awesome book.

Good luck all.

Thank you for being understanding about it. I do think it's great that so many want to help Haven.

Also I agree it's great. I've bought a few so far. Two s/l and this trade copy. I'll probably be getting at least one more.

Ok, I'm entering for one reason only - I want the book.

That just happens to be my favorite reason. I'll add you to the list.

Scott Landon
11-25-2011, 09:52 PM
updated list:

Ari Racing
Iowabob
Christine B
Cook
Odetta
Ricky
Heather19
John Blaze
Erin
Bethany
Evilash
Merlin1958
Browning's Child
Velcro fly
CRinVA
ur2ndbiggestfan

Scott Landon
11-25-2011, 10:05 PM
Oh, and one added note: I'm removing the shipping requirement, no matter where you live. We'll make that part of the giveaway too. I would say best of luck to you, but only one of you will have the best of luck.

Patrick
11-25-2011, 11:28 PM
You're a good man, Charlie Brown Scott Landon.

Storyslinger
11-25-2011, 11:54 PM
If you wouldn't mind, add my name as well.

Odetta
11-26-2011, 08:24 AM
[jedi mind trick]
You don't want to put your name into this contest. This contest is not for you. You are going to leave now and go post in the poetry threads. Move along.
[/jedi mind trick]

just upped my odds at winning :)

Patrick
11-26-2011, 10:52 AM
This is not the contest we're looking for.

Stockerlone
11-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Oh, and one added note: I'm removing the shipping requirement, no matter where you live. We'll make that part of the giveaway too. I would say best of luck to you, but only one of you will have the best of luck.

Amazing, iŽam of cause IN.
(The postage costs to Germany are going to kill you.)

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-26-2011, 04:03 PM
Those Jedi mind tricks don't work on me. You have to have a mind first and mine was burned out long ago.

herbertwest
11-27-2011, 05:04 AM
A very nice giveaway. When will it end?

Scott Landon
11-28-2011, 01:21 AM
Christmas eve at midnight is the cutoff for entry. The drawing will be christmas day.

evilash
11-28-2011, 09:38 AM
I can't wait! I have wanted to flip through this book for far too long. Maybe this will give me the chance! Dare to dream!!

Krazi Kyme
11-29-2011, 04:10 AM
I would be honored to be even considered as an entry in this giveaway! Thank you for the opportunity!

Scott Landon
11-29-2011, 06:10 AM
Ari Racing
Iowabob
Christine B
Cook
Odetta
Ricky
Heather19
John Blaze
Erin
Bethany
Evilash
Merlin1958
Browning's Child
Velcro fly
CRinVA
ur2ndbiggestfan
Storyslinger
Stockerlone

Scott Landon
11-29-2011, 06:13 AM
I would be honored to be even considered as an entry in this giveaway! Thank you for the opportunity!

If you get 50 posts in before christmas you'll be considered as an entry if you come back in here so i know.

TCCBodhi
11-30-2011, 01:14 PM
I'll throw my hat in the ring. Thanks for the generous giveaway. Forum communities are the best.

TCCBodhi
11-30-2011, 01:26 PM
It's too bad that I don't still have my KZON t-shirt or my newspaper copies of the Castle Rock (News?). I probably threw them away at some point after a housemates dog devoured a bunch of my books one day.. I don't even want to go out and look around to see if those were worth anything.

Scott Landon
11-30-2011, 08:36 PM
It's too bad that I don't still have my KZON t-shirt or my newspaper copies of the Castle Rock (News?). I probably threw them away at some point after a housemates dog devoured a bunch of my books one day.. I don't even want to go out and look around to see if those were worth anything.

I'm adding you. Try to make your posts on topic for the threads you're posting in though.

LadyHitchhiker
12-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Is it to late to sign up? Cuz I'd love to!

DisneyGuys
12-05-2011, 03:15 PM
I am just loving this forum and group more and more. I come looking for helpful information and stumble across a cool contest. Please add me to the list and I'm happy to pay shipping if I am lucky enough.

Daniel

Darkthoughts
12-06-2011, 07:54 AM
Could you add me please, dear Scott :wub:

Scott Landon
12-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Added! :wub:

LadyHitchhiker and DisneyGuys: I've added both of you too. :)

I hope noone is too upset about it, but I've removed the shipping provision. Wherever it goes it goes there free.

Scott Landon
12-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Ari Racing
Iowabob
Christine B
Cook
Odetta
Ricky
Heather19
John Blaze
Erin
Bethany
Evilash
Merlin1958
Browning's Child
Velcro fly
CRinVA
ur2ndbiggestfan
Storyslinger
Stockerlone
LadyHitchhiker
DisneyGuys
Darkthoughts

zombie
12-15-2011, 08:03 AM
Please add me :)

Scott Landon
12-15-2011, 08:25 AM
Ari Racing
Iowabob
Christine B
Cook
Odetta
Ricky
Heather19
John Blaze
Erin
Bethany
Evilash
Merlin1958
Browning's Child
Velcro fly
CRinVA
ur2ndbiggestfan
Storyslinger
Stockerlone
LadyHitchhiker
DisneyGuys
Darkthoughts
zombie

You are added. :D

dyetye
12-15-2011, 01:45 PM
I would like to be added please:)

TCCBodhi
12-18-2011, 09:22 AM
Sorry about a multiple post, but didn't see my name in the list of entrants and would like to get in on the amazingly generous offer.

Brice
12-18-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm sure Scott will get y'all added to the list shortly.

Scott Landon
12-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Ari Racing
Iowabob
Christine B
Cook
Odetta
Ricky
Heather19
John Blaze
Erin
Bethany
Evilash
Merlin1958
Browning's Child
Velcro fly
CRinVA
ur2ndbiggestfan
Storyslinger
Stockerlone
LadyHitchhiker
DisneyGuys
Darkthoughts
zombie
Dyetie
TCCBodhi

I believe everyone is added now. The cutoff for entry is tomorrow. The drawing the day after that. Good luck! :)

As a bonus the winner will receive all the personal bills of everyone on the site.

ICry4Oy
12-23-2011, 10:36 AM
I already have the book so do not add me. Just wanted to say MERRY CHRISTMAS to whoever wins it - it is a wonderful book!

....but maybe we can arrange something in regards to that torture stuff!

becca69
12-23-2011, 12:15 PM
ooohhhh, i want in please!

Scott Landon
12-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Ari Racing
Iowabob
Christine B
Cook
Odetta
Ricky
Heather19
John Blaze
Erin
Bethany
Evilash
Merlin1958
Browning's Child
Velcro fly
CRinVA
ur2ndbiggestfan
Storyslinger
Stockerlone
LadyHitchhiker
DisneyGuys
Darkthoughts
zombie
Dyetie
TCCBodhi
Becca69
Melike

I believe everyone is added now. The cutoff for entry is tomorrow. The drawing the day after that. Good luck! :)

As a bonus the winner will receive all the personal bills of everyone on the site.

I already have the book so do not add me. Just wanted to say MERRY CHRISTMAS to whoever wins it - it is a wonderful book!

....but maybe we can arrange something in regards to that torture stuff!

Maybe

ooohhhh, i want in please!

You are on the list.

I have taken the liberty of adding Melike to the list. She is unable to post here. I have made an exception on that.

EvaH
12-23-2011, 10:48 PM
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv91/Black-House/merrychristmas.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone!

CRinVA
12-26-2011, 04:48 AM
tapping feet patiently waiting.................

Cook
12-26-2011, 08:14 AM
Is there to be an announcement of the winner or is it private?

Merlin1958
12-26-2011, 04:22 PM
tapping feet patiently waiting.................

Tapping foot in sync with Bob............................................... ......

Scott Landon
12-26-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm sorry for the delay. I hope the holidays were good to everyone. I used The Hat program to draw the name and Cook won! Congratulations and Merry Christmas! :D I'll contact you tomorrow for your shipping info.

Cook
12-26-2011, 09:20 PM
Scott,

Seriously... That is so cool !!
I can't thank you enough, A few days ago I was explaining how cool this book is to my wife.
I told her my odds of winning are really not that bad all things considered, but of course I didn't think I'd win.
I've really wanted to add this to my collection. Again, thank you so very much.

- Richard

I'm sorry for the delay. I hope the holidays were good to everyone. I used The Hat program to draw the name and Cook won! Congratulations and Merry Christmas! :D I'll contact you tomorrow for your shipping info.

Storyslinger
12-26-2011, 09:56 PM
Congrats Cook. My it fill the void in your collection. :thumbsup: :clap:

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-27-2011, 02:27 AM
And you'll get your daily workout while reading it!

Jimimck
12-27-2011, 04:49 AM
Congratulations Cook.
And a huge congratulations to Scott for being so generous

CRinVA
12-27-2011, 06:13 AM
Extremely jealous - oh - and congrats Cook!

Merlin1958
12-27-2011, 06:20 AM
Congrats, Rich!!!

DisneyGuys
12-27-2011, 08:35 AM
Congrats to the winner! I missed the added qualifier about needing to have 50 posts. Maybe I will qualify for a generous giveaway by next Xmas if I can come up with worthwhile info to share that is new and unique.
Daniel

Ari_Racing
12-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Congratulations, Cook! :)

EvaH
12-27-2011, 02:20 PM
congrats!

Scott Landon
12-27-2011, 02:42 PM
I really hope you enjoy it Richard.

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-27-2011, 03:09 PM
My suggestion for the next giveaway is the lettered IT. And oh heck, I'll even pay the postage when, I mean if, I win IT.

Cook
12-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Scott,
I'm absolutely positively quite sure I will enjoy your gift.
Again.. Thank you very much.
BTW, when do I have to start paying everybody's personal bills ?? LOL
I probably can't do the bill thing but I will definitely pay it forward this year with the Haven Foundation.
Also, thanks to all for the nod of recognition.
Richard

Scott Landon
12-27-2011, 06:47 PM
My suggestion for the next giveaway is my true first 'Salem's Lot DJ and that Scott Landon be the only one eligible to enter. I'll be doing this giveaway tonight.

Done! I'll PM you my address now. :P

Scott,
I'm absolutely positively quite sure I will enjoy your gift.
Again.. Thank you very much.
BTW, when do I have to start paying everybody's personal bills ?? LOL
I probably can't do the bill thing but I will definitely pay it forward this year with the Haven Foundation.
Also, thanks to all for the nod of recognition.
Richard

Do whatever feels right. :)

TCCBodhi
12-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Congrats Cook, and thank you Scott for your generousity.

skyofcrack
12-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Well done, Cook. Enjoy the GInormous book.

This looks like a contest I would very much liked to've been a part of. This book has been at the top of my want list ever since it was first announced. I almost grabbed the 'smaller' one at Amazon when it was about half off.

Of course, I signed up here the day after Christmas and I don't have 50 posts. Double whammy. :P

Very generous giveaway, Scott. :clap:

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-29-2011, 01:52 PM
I hope you enjoy that old dust jacket Scott. Sorry I put that ice cold can of Coke on it that really hot day.

Scott Landon
12-29-2011, 04:11 PM
:lol:

It's okay! It's the thought that counts. :)

Maybe I can do another one of these after awhile. This was fun!

John Blaze
12-29-2011, 05:56 PM
Congrats Cook!

.........i hate you.

Cook
12-29-2011, 06:15 PM
:) I Hate me too :)
I'll really hate myself when I receive it :) :)

Seriously, thanks for all the nods.

Congrats Cook!

.........i hate you.

John Blaze
12-29-2011, 06:45 PM
:lol: don't hate yourself too much now, leave some room for us!

velcro_fly
12-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Congrats

Patrick
12-30-2011, 12:49 AM
I abstained from the drawing, so I have no reservations about congratulating you, Richard!

Scott, you are one very cool cat. Very generous of you to do this.

Scott Landon
01-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Better late than never, I hope.

Richard, your book is on it's way to it's new home. :D

Merlin1958
01-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Since I am a shameless, professional "Shill", how about something for the 2012 Haven Fundraiser? We already have some really, really (Yes I typed "Really twice) cool things in the pipeline. Any help from the members here would be more than greatly appreciated!!!!!

Give!!! (if you can)