PDA

View Full Version : The Elder Scrolls

fernandito
11-17-2011, 08:41 AM
Unless Skyward Sword has anything to say, I think Skyrim is going to end up being Game of the Year for me.

Odetta
11-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Unless Skyward Sword has anything to say, I think Skyrim is going to end up being Game of the Year for me.

*fingers crossed*

OchrisO
11-17-2011, 05:30 PM

What I have played of Skyward Sword is pretty awesome...
:evil:

I don't know if it can beat out Skyrim, though. I played Skyrim pretty much from the time I got home from work until I went to sleep for the past two days.

For those who have been playing Skyrim, what sort of character have you been building? I'm almost strictly a magic user, focused heavily on destruction with some conjuration. I just finished up the College of Winterhold magic user side quests and it was all kinds of awesome. That quest line really brought home just how immense the game is. It is basically a side quest for magic users and it was around six hours of questing, that many people won't even see while playing the game if they go rogue-like or something, just like I will likely never see the Dark Brotherhood stuff on my mage.

fernandito
11-18-2011, 08:58 AM
I think we should make a separate thread for Skyrim. I'll get on that.

fernandito
11-18-2011, 12:59 PM
Alright guys, we now have a thread dedicated to nothing but geeky Skyrim talk ! Have at it !

For those who have been playing Skyrim, what sort of character have you been building? I'm almost strictly a magic user, focused heavily on destruction with some conjuration. I just finished up the College of Winterhold magic user side quests and it was all kinds of awesome. That quest line really brought home just how immense the game is. It is basically a side quest for magic users and it was around six hours of questing, that many people won't even see while playing the game if they go rogue-like or something, just like I will likely never see the Dark Brotherhood stuff on my mage.

I'm playing as a Dark Elf, with a specialty in Sneak and Destruction magic. I love dual casting Flames as it delivers devastating attacks, but I hate being completely helpless defensively. My default stance is a one-handed weapon and Flame attack.

I'm just about to commence the second mission (retrieving the three books) from the College missions, apparently it's a pretty long mission so I'm doing a bit of leveling up first. I'm at level 13.

OchrisO
11-18-2011, 01:17 PM
I really enjoyed the whole College of Winterhold line.

I am playing on the PC and one of the Thalmor Embassy quests is very buggy. None of the bad guys spawn and it makes the quest impassable. I guess I am just going to work on some of the other quests and hope for a new patch taht fixes it. They already made a patch that fixed a problem where the guy who leads you back into the embassy didn't spawn properly. I hope they fix this one too and that it isn't just some corrupted data/save on my part. If they don't, I guess I will try to tinker around with some of the pc cheats to get past it.

Empath of the White
11-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Alright guys, we now have a thread dedicated to nothing but geeky Skyrim talk ! Have at it !

I'm playing as a Dark Elf, with a specialty in Sneak and Destruction magic. I love dual casting Flames as it delivers devastating attacks, but I hate being completely helpless defensively. My default stance is a one-handed weapon and Flame attack.

I'm just about to commence the second mission (retrieving the three books) from the College missions, apparently it's a pretty long mission so I'm doing a bit of leveling up first. I'm at level 13.

Cliched.:P

Could I pick this game up from the get-go and enjoy it? Would I be starting in the middle of a story continued from a previous game?

fernandito
11-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Nope. Every Elder Scrolls game is it's own story. Sure, there is an occasional reference or wink to older games which serve more as fan service than anything, but for the most part ES stories are self contained.

Now stop reading this, get out there, and get one of the finest games this generation of consoles has to offer.

Yaksha
11-18-2011, 05:55 PM
I am a straight up warrior. I am playing as a Nord as I have always played as a Nord since Morrowind. I mainly focus on One handed, block, Heavy Armor, Restoration, and Smithing. I just completed the Imperial side of the civil war quest and am currently working on my next move.

As for the game, I fell in love the moment i started playing. The thing I love the most is the soundtrack. The Elder Scrolls have always had really good soundtracks but i think Skyrims is by far the best.

OchrisO
11-18-2011, 09:04 PM
I am actually a Nord as well, but I wanted to be a rebel and be a Nord of focused heavily on magic and became the Arch-Mage of the College of Winterhold.

Also, A nord who works with the Imperials?!? Blasphemy! What would your mother think?

Yaksha
11-19-2011, 10:54 AM
Yeah, I know. I am currently working on the Brave Companions storyline right now.

Tatts4Life
11-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Came across this pretty cool article about easter eggs in Skyrim. http://www.gameranx.com/features/id/3747/article/skyrim-easter-eggs-guide-we-are-amused/ Number 9 and 11 were my favorite.

DoctorDodge
11-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Anyone playing it on PC? How does it run? 360's packed up, so I can't use that atm.

Tatts4Life
11-19-2011, 04:37 PM
I plan to play it on the 360 first then when some mods come out fixing things I find wrong with the game I'll get it on the PC.

OchrisO
11-19-2011, 05:01 PM
Anyone playing it on PC? How does it run? 360's packed up, so I can't use that atm.

It is pretty buggy on PC. There's a patch coming after Thanksgiving weekend, though. I have stopped playing until it hits in hope that it fixes some game breaking bugs.

Tatts4Life
11-19-2011, 05:38 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/326628/skyrim-guide-15-essential-tips-and-cheats/ As soon as i get the game I plan on trying the first video out.

DoctorDodge
11-19-2011, 06:12 PM

It is pretty buggy on PC. There's a patch coming after Thanksgiving weekend, though. I have stopped playing until it hits in hope that it fixes some game breaking bugs.

Thanks for the tip. Ok, I might as well play Oblivion (which seems to run pretty well) in the meantime, then.

fernandito
11-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Offensively speaking, I've become almost exclusively a Destruction magic wielder. I have Destruction Lvl. 70 and I can overwhelm pretty much any opponent quickly, especially if I'm backed up by my Flame Atronarch which I usually am.

My favorite Shout is 'Fire Breath', I have it at it's 2nd level - most enemies are susceptible to Fire and I save this for the big guys (Ice Atronarchs, Frost Trolls, Necromancers) and then blast them with duel wield Flame.

Also, Falmer's are fucking annoying.

OchrisO
11-28-2011, 05:03 PM
I love the kid assassin in the Dark Brotherhood and her little secret (that she is a vampire and over 300 years old)

fernandito
11-29-2011, 08:52 AM
I think I just got the Brotherhood story rolling ... it starts with killing that old orphanage care taker, right ?

fernandito
11-29-2011, 08:52 AM
Also, did you buy that house in Whiterun already ? How the hell do I remodel it / add embellishments to it ?!

OchrisO
11-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Yeah, that is what starts the brotherhood line. Go sleep a few hours in an inn now. :)

I actually haven't bought the house yet.

Hannah
11-29-2011, 02:36 PM
So I'm a Breton, and I'm specializing in sneak and archery (my favorite things). I also am trying to get my destruction level up a little higher (currently at 40), but it's taking forevs. I guess that's what the stones are for, right?

Did anyone get married yet? I married an Orc blacksmith. The only benefits, as far as I can tell, are that your spouse will run a store so you can go to your home (where your spouse will always be) and use them to sell off your junk you just got from your questing. He also makes me a homecooked meal once a day and gives me 100 gold coins once per day as my "share" of the proceeds from his store. So, all in all, not a bad deal.

I think I just got the Brotherhood story rolling ... it starts with killing that old orphanage care taker, right ?

Yes, sir! That was one of the first things I did. But I haven't done much besides killing some homeless vagrant on the DB quests.

Also, did you buy that house in Whiterun already ? How the hell do I remodel it / add embellishments to it ?!

Breezehome? I bought it. You can update it through the Jarl of Whiterun's steward guy. You just go to him and buy all the upgrades you want. I can't remember his name, but he's usually standing right next to the Jarl during the day and sleeps on a pallet in the kitchen at night.

fernandito
11-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Yeah, that is what starts the brotherhood line. Go sleep a few hours in an inn now. :)

I actually haven't bought the house yet.

Schweeeeeeet.

So I'm a Breton, and I'm specializing in sneak and archery (my favorite things). I also am trying to get my destruction level up a little higher (currently at 40), but it's taking forevs. I guess that's what the stones are for, right?

If you dual cast Destruction magic it increases in level almost twice as fast. Also, the mage for the Jarl at Solitude ? ... teaches Destruction magic. You can increase 5 levels like that (snaps fingers) if you have the gold. Also, one of the students in the College of Winterhold does the exact same thing. I think her name is Faralda ? She teaches 5 levels Destruction magic as well ! 10 levels of magic for a bit o' gold ... maybe around ... 3000 ? It's worth it though if you're desperate to level it up quickly.

Did anyone get married yet?

No, I'm afraid of commitment.

I married an Orc blacksmith. The only benefits, as far as I can tell, are that your spouse will run a store so you can go to your home (where your spouse will always be) and use them to sell off your junk you just got from your questing. He also makes me a homecooked meal once a day and gives me 100 gold coins once per day as my "share" of the proceeds from his store. So, all in all, not a bad deal.

... marrying ASAP.

Breezehome? I bought it. You can update it through the Jarl of Whiterun's steward guy. You just go to him and buy all the upgrades you want. I can't remember his name, but he's usually standing right next to the Jarl during the day and sleeps on a pallet in the kitchen at night.

The bald guy, right ? The one that sells you the house ? I went to talk to him but I didn't see any options in the speech tree regarding remodeling my house ... I wonder if I'm supposed to talk to him at a specific time ? Dammit, i want my alchemy table already <_<

Hannah
11-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Yeah, the bald dude is the one. I went and talked to him right after I bought the house and was able to buy up all the decoration and upgrade packs from him. Also you get a housecarl who will be your follower if you want, but she's weak so she dies too easy.

Also, just from experience ... don't get married to an orc and decide you want a nord instead and then murder the orc. You can't remarry. Lame.

fernandito
11-30-2011, 01:32 PM
I talked to my co worker about the house thing and apparently you have to talk to him during a specific time frame in order for the option to appear. Don't know why Bethesda would do it that way, but hey, what do I know ?

Also - did you try the suggestions I posted above Hannah ?

Hannah
11-30-2011, 05:47 PM
I did, actually! I completed the companions quest that you have to do to get in the circle using dual wielding fire bolt and ice shard (or whatever the hell that spell is called). I think I went up about ten levels just on that quest. I also just finally achieved level 60 in blacksmithing so I can improve magic weapons and armor.

Feev, do you have the transmute spell yet? I use that to transmute iron ore into silver, then into gold. Then you can smelt the gold ore and craft gold jewelry and sell it for a ton of gold. I just buy up iron ore for super cheap and do that in between quests.

OchrisO
12-01-2011, 05:06 AM
After I took over the Dark Brotherhood, I decided to do the Thieves Guild quest line. When you first meet Maven Black-Briar, you can point out that her name carries a lot of weight in Riften. She says some stuff about controlling all of the guards, then says taht if you cross her, she pays a visit to the Thieves Guild and if you make her angry she pays a visit to the Dark Brotherhood and that I should remember that the next time I want to make such foolish observations. I was very disappointed that there was no "I AM THE DARK BROTHERHOOD, BITCH!" option in the conversation box that followed.

DungeonDeb
12-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Also, just from experience ... don't get married to an orc and decide you want a nord instead and then murder the orc. You can't remarry. Lame.

You actually can get remarried, BUT you have to be a werewolf AND you have to consume your spouse (and any witnesses) after you kill him or her...At least, that's what the internet has told me. I haven't tried it, myself (I married the orc blacksmith too, but as long as he toes the line, I'll let him live).

I'm having trouble buying the house in Riften that is supposedly available. I have done all the quests given to me by the jarl, but her advisor steadfastly refuses to give me the option to buy the house. Any suggestions?

OchrisO
12-01-2011, 06:38 PM

You actually can get remarried, BUT you have to be a werewolf AND you have to consume your spouse (and any witnesses) after you kill him or her...At least, that's what the internet has told me. I haven't tried it, myself (I married the orc blacksmith too, but as long as he toes the line, I'll let him live).

I'm having trouble buying the house in Riften that is supposedly available. I have done all the quests given to me by the jarl, but her advisor steadfastly refuses to give me the option to buy the house. Any suggestions?

Here is what some internet person said. I haven't tried to buy the Riften house yet, so I am not sure of the validity:

There is a sick old argonian lady who will talk about losing her job. Talk to her and you will get a quest. Complete that and then go see the jarl of riften. Do her quest about a skooma dealer. Once that is done. You must do random quests for the towns people. It doesn’t matter who, as long as they live in riften. After doing a few of those you can talk to the jarls steward and she will sell the house to you! Note- you can get through the fishery through black briar meadery.

fernandito
12-02-2011, 01:08 PM
I did, actually! I completed the companions quest that you have to do to get in the circle using dual wielding fire bolt and ice shard (or whatever the hell that spell is called). I think I went up about ten levels just on that quest. I also just finally achieved level 60 in blacksmithing so I can improve magic weapons and armor.

Dammit, I really need to get my blacksmithing up to 60. I have refined moonstones that I can use to improve my enchanted Elven Armor, but I don't have the necessary level to use it. Mierda. I'll just forge a shitload of daggers.

Feev, do you have the transmute spell yet? I use that to transmute iron ore into silver, then into gold. Then you can smelt the gold ore and craft gold jewelry and sell it for a ton of gold. I just buy up iron ore for super cheap and do that in between quests.

I don't, actually ... where did you come across it ? Money isn't really an issue for me as I have a treasure cove of weapons and apparel that I can sell if I need the bills. Going to my house and loading up on them and THEN heading over to the shops to sell it is a bitch though.

After I took over the Dark Brotherhood...

Question : I was just accepted into the 'Hood. Homegirl says that whenever you carry out a contract, your notoriety will go up, right ? And if it does, I'll get arrested or will have to bribe my way out of getting arrested ? Don't certain skills permanently decrease if you spend time in jail ? Will I always be on the run if I decide to carry out DB contracts ?

You actually can get remarried, BUT you have to be a werewolf AND you have to consume your spouse (and any witnesses) after you kill him or her...

I've only turned into a werewolf once so I might have missed my cue but, how exactly do you consume someone ? Is there a button I have to press ? Wait for the 'Press X' prompt to appear ?

OchrisO
12-02-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm not sure about the jail time. I just always pay my bounties. I think you can avoid bounties on most by mot being seen. I have had guards tell me they saw me coming out of the orphanage and that she deserved it, so certain ones accumulate even if you do in unseen. One big one that you have to do later causes a pretty big bounty 8n Solitude that can't be avoided. It was almost enough to buy a house.

DungeonDeb
12-03-2011, 06:26 AM
I've only turned into a werewolf once so I might have missed my cue but, how exactly do you consume someone ? Is there a button I have to press ? Wait for the 'Press X' prompt to appear ?

Lol, I will let you know after I've tried it (just started the Companions questline - wanted to get all the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Stormcloak and Mage lines done, first)... As I said, I haven't actually attempted it, myself, but I imagine there would be an option for consuming the evidence when you go to search the corpse, just as there is when you are wearing the Daederic ring that lets you feed off random corpses.

Chris, thanks for the info. I will go try to find the sick Argonian lady... Gotta say I love the Elder Scrolls games, but having to do a dozen pre-quests in order to accomplish anything does become tedious after while. Seems as though becoming a bard was the easiest thing to do! And I WISH Bethesda would figure out how to incorporate multi-player into their games! ><

Hannah
12-03-2011, 02:50 PM

Dammit, I really need to get my blacksmithing up to 60. I have refined moonstones that I can use to improve my enchanted Elven Armor, but I don't have the necessary level to use it. Mierda. I'll just forge a shitload of daggers.

I don't, actually ... where did you come across it ? Money isn't really an issue for me as I have a treasure cove of weapons and apparel that I can sell if I need the bills. Going to my house and loading up on them and THEN heading over to the shops to sell it is a bitch though.

It was a spell book I found on a quest somewhere. I'm not sure which one. I'm helpful huh?

Selling shit is a bitch. None of the merchants ever have enough gold for me to get it all done in one town. I end up carrying a bunch of unnecessry crap around from town to town so I can sell it all off. That's why I started making gold rings and selling them. They sell for like 75 each and you can make two our of each gold ingot.

fernandito
12-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Yeah, that's one of the things that annoys me too - most vendors only have around 700-800 gold on them, and I usually carry around 2,000$ worth of shit to sell :lol:

I found this place in the Midden (underneath the College of Winterhold) where you can forge your own Atronachs if you have the right ingredients. I was able to craft my own Storm Atronach, and it is head and shoulders better than both the Flame and Frost versions. Way better.

OchrisO
12-05-2011, 01:13 PM
I just finished the Thieves Guild quest line and it was pretty awesome. The Nightingale Armor you get along the quest line looks amazing.
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Nightingale_Armor_%28Skyrim%29

Darkthoughts
12-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Hopefully I'll be getting this for Christmas. I asked my dad to buy it, he was like "Is it for one of the kids?" and rolled his eyes when I replied, "weeeell, it's for me...and I'm your kid!" I'll try the puppy dog eyes thing tomorrow to cement the deal :lol:

fernandito
12-13-2011, 09:41 AM
Hopefully I'll be getting this for Christmas..

Prepare to kiss your social life goodbye :)

Also, I think I'm going to start using heavy armor from now on. Some of the Dragur Overlords are just too ridiculous to be using light armor on.

Hannah
12-13-2011, 05:43 PM
I'm almost at 100 for my skill level in light armor. I don't know if I can resort to Heavy Armor after going all the way like that.

fernandito
12-14-2011, 09:00 AM
I'm at 70, and I felt the same way ... I hated the thought of losing all that progress .. but the Heavy Armor does absorb a lot more damage, and lately I've been running a lot of heavy hitting melee guys.

I'm thinking of switching back though. With my Light Armor I could sprint for all eternity and my stamina gauge would take forever to deplete, but with heavy armor on that shit drains quick. I don't know yet. I might have one of each in my inventory at any given time, switch back and forth according to the situation ... as painful as that sounds.

OchrisO
12-14-2011, 12:43 PM
I was talking Skyrim with my room mate a few days ago and he said that if you max the Light Armor tree you can have as high an armor rating in Glass Armor as you can in Heavy Armor.

fernandito
12-14-2011, 02:42 PM
I haven't found a piece of Glass Armor yet, but I was under the impression that it would be Heavy Armor ? My co worker keeps telling me that I need to find a set no matter what the price, that's how awesome it is. I'm pretty sure I know where to find a bunch too.

Hell, in that case I'll just find one and stock up on Light Armor perks.

OchrisO
12-14-2011, 08:09 PM
I expected it to be Heavy as well, but it is light and it can be crafted: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Glass_Armor_%28Skyrim%29

I can't verify the accuracy of my room mates claims, though.

Darkthoughts
12-26-2011, 10:05 AM
Just started, literally, in Whiterun atm. I've never used an xbox before so it's pretty mad getting used to the controls and stuff - I'll come back when I have something impressive to say :lol: I'm a wood elf currently specialising in not being lame.

fernandito
12-27-2011, 08:45 AM
:thumbsup:

Darkthoughts
12-31-2011, 06:00 AM
Any players on the board right now? I need some advice :D

fernandito
12-31-2011, 11:15 AM
What's up me loves ?

Darkthoughts
12-31-2011, 03:15 PM
Ah it's ok, I killed the old lady at the orphanage because she was a cow and then fast tracked straight out of town. I wanted to know if I would be found out, but now I've met the little boy who was trying to summon the Dark Brotherhood (that was pretty hilarious, he was like "Whoa! I didn't know the DB were so good - you knew I wanted her dead before I even asked you!!" :lol: ) and now I've been recruited, so it's all groovy :D

OchrisO
12-31-2011, 04:07 PM
Ah it's ok, I killed the old lady at the orphanage because she was a cow and then fast tracked straight out of town. I wanted to know if I would be found out, but now I've met the little boy who was trying to summon the Dark Brotherhood (that was pretty hilarious, he was like "Whoa! I didn't know the DB were so good - you knew I wanted her dead before I even asked you!!" :lol: ) and now I've been recruited, so it's all groovy :D

Haha. That's awesome that you just killed because she was a shithead, without the quest to do so. :wub:

fernandito
01-02-2012, 10:18 AM
:lol:

Nice ! I love the brotherhood missions. They're some of my favorites. I love when the realization dawns on your targets that the DB sent you, and their subsequent futile attempts to escape their fate :evil:

Darkthoughts
01-03-2012, 08:57 AM
:D That's how I roll, mean old orphanage ladies beware!

Darkthoughts
01-05-2012, 01:31 PM
How do you delete (on the xbox version) save files that you don't want?

fernandito
01-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Sorry love, PS3 version. I think Chris has it for XBox though.

Darkthoughts
01-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Cool, but is there no standard ingame way to do it that you know of?

OchrisO
01-05-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm actually playing it on PC. You can delete saves on PC by going to the Save menu and when you pick an existing slot, you have the option to hit the X key to delete it. I'd imagine it would be something similar on Xbox with a certain key on the controller.

ETA: Looks like it may be the X button on Xbox as well. It should list what button it is in the lower left side of the screen.

Darkthoughts
01-05-2012, 11:52 PM
Excellent, I'll give that a go. Cheers Chris.

fernandito
01-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Any luck ?

Darkthoughts
01-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Yep, worked like a charm!

Was so busy with side quests I'd forgotten all about the main story, just been to see the Greybeards and got my shout on :D On a side note...how the fuck do you kill frost trolls, other than from a very long distance!

fernandito
01-09-2012, 08:54 AM
They're especially susceptible to fire. That's your best weapon against them. I wouldn't advise trying to take one on 1v1 until you're about level 15 or higher. Either have a fire destruction spell ready, or enchant a flame spell into one of your weapons.

Their pelts are worth quite a bit and you can use their fat to craft some strong health potions.

Darkthoughts
01-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Mate, I'm Lv18 now and I still can't take one out. I used a fireball scroll, destrcution flames and then my orc battleaxe which is enchanted to burn and give extra damage if the targets on fire and it still kept coming! In the end I ran away :lol: I took one out from across a river with a bow, so it didn't figure out where I was, but that took about 10 dwarfen arrows...some dipped in poison. Stupid trolls!!

In other news I have Clavicus Vile's masque now. He was hilarious!! What was that Spinal Tap accent all about?!

fernandito
01-09-2012, 02:08 PM
... until you're about level 20 ? :lol:

Yeah, melee combat is probably the worse way to confront them. At least until your one/two handed attacks are really powerful. Ranged fire based attacks are the best way to go , for my money.

Also - Clavicus mask ? Don't think I have that one ...

OchrisO
01-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Two great reasons to play Skyrim on PC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bifmj1O3D24&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od-b82jxj4E&feature=related

Darkthoughts
01-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Ahahaaa! WTF!! That's ace :D

Ranged fire based attacks are the best way to go , for my money.
Yes, I'm getting in to the magicka side of it alot more now. Enchanting armour is such an awesome concept.

Also - Clavicus mask ? Don't think I have that one ...
It rocks!! It's got a higher armour rating than the Dwarfen Helmet and you get speechcraft bonuses and something like 15% better deals when buying and selling. The quest is sparked when the Morthal (I think...) blacksmith asks you to find his dog.

SigTauGimp
01-29-2012, 05:22 AM
Slightly tardy to the party...sorry folks. :P

I'm rolling a Khajiit (Yeah, yeah..."Watch your hands, sneak-thief!"), but decided to go against the grain. Main skills are Conjuration, One-Handed, Light Armor, and Archery. So far, I've gotten my Smithing and Enchanting up to 100. :D

I think I'm going to side with the Stormcloaks, mostly because my brother is going to go Imperial. He went Dark Brotherhood, so I went Thieves Guild (No Khajiit stereotyping, you bigots. :P). And I can't remember who mentioned it in this thread earlier, but the armor you receive at the end of the Thieves Guild line is totally awesome. Looks friggin' great, and has some great enchantments.

So far, I've found about 6 or 7 Daedric Artifacts, but honestly, only one or two of them have been worthwhile for my character type. The Dragon Priest Masks, on the other hand, are pure badassery. :P Anyone else found any of those yet? So far, I've gotten 3, and my brother has 4.

I've become Thane and own houses in Whiterun, Solitude, and Markarth so far. Solitude's house cost me a fortune. It was either 20K or 25K gold, without any room improvements. It pretty much bankrupted me at the time. But since then, I've gotten some pretty good rewards, and I'm over the 100K mark in gold. :D

I haven't married yet, mostly because there are no Khajiit, male or female, that are eligible to become married. I think that Bethesda really dropped the ball on that. There should be at least two candidates in each race eligible for marriage.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I might pop it in and play later on today. I haven't really had any time to play in the past two weeks, so I can't remember what all I can brag about. :P

Oh, and a quick thanks to whoever it was (Feev?) that posted the bit about owning a house/becoming Thane in Riften. That has been bugging the crap out of me for about a month now.

Darkthoughts
01-29-2012, 09:14 AM
I only have three daedric artifacts at the moment - the masque of Clavicus Vile, the sanguine rose and the wabbajack. Not into the wabbajack at all but the other two are pretty awesome.

Yep, there are also no Bosmer that you can marry. Pretty weird.

SigTauGimp
01-30-2012, 01:17 AM
I loved the Sanguine Rose for a while, until I got the actual conjuration spell for Dremora Lords. :D If I'm feeling silly, I'll use the wabbajack, just for some cheap laughs. It always gives me a giggle when I'm fighting something big and tough, like a frost troll or a hagraven, then turning them into a sheep with the wabbajack. :P

As for Dragon Shouts, I'm a bit fond of Whirlwind Sprint, Aura Whisper, and Marked For Death. Forgot to mention that in my previous post.

fernandito
02-01-2012, 10:21 AM
The only shout I use is Fire Breath. After a story related battle Pargothalkfjalskfjwhateverax gives you the ability to really power up one of your shouts, and I chose that one since 1) I love fire based spells , and 2) 80% of the enemies in Skyrim are subsceptible to fire. I love going into a room and just destroying everying in a wide radius with my shotgun-like shout.

fernandito
02-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Sig, post a picture of your character!

Bethany
02-10-2012, 09:38 AM
That awesome dinner conversation wherein a 40 year old professional woman; a 20 year old clubbing college student; 14 year old eccentric, Broadway loving, comic geek nerd girl; and 11 year old prima donna all discuss how they are all tired of hearing their friends talk about Skyrim.

fernandito
02-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Don't hate what you can't understand :P

DoctorDodge
02-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Haven't got round to Skyrim yet, but I've played enough of Morrowind and Oblivion for this to make me lmfao:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=lHbF9ynGZV0

Oh, and feev:

Don't hate what you can't understand :P

Yeah, that's usually what I say when people ask me why I enjoy D-

*Slapped by fish in the face*

Ok, I'll shut up now.

fernandito
02-13-2012, 09:27 AM
And then after you shut up, you keep on talking anyway right ? :P

Hannah
02-13-2012, 03:39 PM
I really, really need to stop fucking around and complete some quests. But every time I sit down to play I find myself exploring and then I have to go drop shit off at my house ... and then I remember I meant to go do something somewhere else and the vicious cycle repeats itself.

DoctorDodge
02-14-2012, 01:19 AM
And then after you shut up, you keep on talking anyway right ? :P

Well, I try harder to make them understand, anyway! :P

Darkthoughts
02-14-2012, 03:10 AM
Hannah, I soooo know what you mean!! I finally got around to finishing the main quest yesterday, got my Dragon Priest mask and everythaaaang!

fernandito
02-14-2012, 08:38 AM
I just started the 'A Daedra's Best Friend' quest (I think you finished this one, Lisa). I'm going to unlock all trophies ("achievements" for you Xboxers) and one of the trophies includes finding all 15 Daedra artifacts. I have 6 as of now, hoping to up that tally in the days to come.

Darkthoughts
02-14-2012, 01:24 PM
I love that quest. Clavicus Vile is like something out of Spinal Tap :lol:

Hannah
02-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Dragon priest mask?! I want one! I need to go complete that quest now!

I still am working on getting all the stupid stones of barenziah. Why I started on that quest is beyond me.

fernandito
02-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Gah, I took a pass on that quest. I'm generally not a big fan of collection 30+ x,y,z quests, and since that one isn't relevant to the main Thieves Guild storyline I decided to just skip it altogether.

In other news, I now have 9/15 Daedra artifacts :D

Darkthoughts
02-18-2012, 05:57 AM
Had a drunken Skyrim conversation in the pub last night and the guy I was slurring at was trying to convince me that Morrowind is the best game of the three. Anyone played that or Oblivion?

Hannah
02-18-2012, 02:35 PM
I've only played Oblivion. I didn't even know until recently what the other games were about. There's a lot of things that are tied to the Oblivion game in Skyrim, which can be niteresting if you've played Oblivion.

fernandito
02-20-2012, 08:42 AM
My co worker, who is probably the hugest RPG fan I know, swears up and down that Morrowind is the best RPG, well, ever :lol:

I haven't played it myself, but I did play Oblivion (first Bethesda game too) which is amazing, but is not as technically impressive or intuitive as Skyrim. As far as deep RPG's go, Skyrim is relatively streamlined in comparison to the rest, there are elements to games like Morrowind or Oblivion that might be difficult for you if you're not a hardcore gamer / RPG enthusiast.

All are great games though.

DoctorDodge
02-20-2012, 08:44 AM
I played some of Morrowind, and I found a lot of it to be, well, boring. Mostly due to all the walking, if I'm honest. Oblivion was a much better experience for me, I think.

fernandito
02-20-2012, 08:47 AM
Yeah, the inane amouts of walking put a lot of people off, I think. Myself included. No fast travel ? I'm straight homie.

Also - anyone looking to level up a few levels pretty quickly and complete side missions in the process should do the Imperial / Stormcloak rebellion quests. They're a lot of fun and you generally go up 1 or 2 levels in both armor and offensive categories with each fort you take over.

Darkthoughts
02-20-2012, 10:37 AM
I was thinking of doing that next as it happens. Finishing the last part of the Winterhold College quest atm, really not into the magicka side of things that much but I'm totally ocd about completing EVERYTHING!

So yeah, Stormcloaks all the way - who did you side with Feev?

fernandito
02-20-2012, 11:34 AM
You know, I WAS going to side with the Stormcloaks, but Ulfric is so damn annoying and petulant. One time he said to me "Don't disappoint me, or you'll feel the power of my Thu'um" I was like "Bitch, I'm the Dragonborn, I'll fuck you up" haha.

The missions are fun as hell though. You have to clear out each fort listed with a group of about 10 other soldiers, hacking and slashing your way until you kill an x amount of soldiers. When all is said and done you'll probably kill about 25-30 of them on your own.

And I've been the head of the College of Winterhold for some time now. I won't spoil it for you, but once you complete it you get a SWEET artifact that makes you a Magicka powerhouse. You'll love it :D

Darkthoughts
02-20-2012, 01:04 PM
You know, I WAS going to side with the Stormcloaks, but Ulfric is so damn annoying and petulant. One time he said to me "Don't disappoint me, or you'll feel the power of my Thu'um" I was like "Bitch, I'm the Dragonborn, I'll fuck you up" haha.
:rofl: Fuck yeah!! Hahaaa! He is a wanker, but I gotta side with hot beardy Nords over Roman wannabes :D

A weird thing happened in the Labyrinthian, before I got in the place properly I found a skeleton with a weird note and a wooden mask that transports you back in time to the same room and you can place dragon masks on the priest statue thingy...does something crazy happen there if you get all the masks?

fernandito
02-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Oh what the expletive, that doesn't sound familiar ... while you're INSIDE the Labyrinthian or on your way there ? The only going back in time quest I remember (apart from the main quest) is the one where you obtain the Skull of Corruption near Dawnstar, but that's nowhere near what you're talking about ... which mask is it ? I have Morokei, Kashiin (sp?) and Krosis.

Darkthoughts
02-21-2012, 01:45 AM
If you fast travel to Labyrinthian it's a few steps NE (ish) of where you land. In a small buildingy type thing, one with lots of archways in a circle a bit like a burial mound. There's a skeleton of a hired thug in lots of blood at a ruined altar (the Dragon Priest altar) and he has a note outlining how he and another person were hired to help some...wizard I presume...find a DP mask. The one he has by him is just listed in your inventory as "Wooden Mask" put if you put it on and go back in time (you can't leave the room when you do) the altar is whole and you can put your masks on it (I had another mask with me and tried it) but nothing happens, so I'm wondering if you need all of them.

fernandito
02-21-2012, 08:24 AM
Hmmm, interesting ... that doesn't sound familiar. I'll have to look into that when I get home. How do you like fighting those dragon priest fuckers ? They were a bit annoying for me at first, but once I got the dual wield + stagger destruction perk, they were eazy-peezy-lemon squeezie :D

Darkthoughts
02-21-2012, 02:17 PM
My two handed and heavy armour skills are off the wall now so i only use spells if I have to, like in the Winterhold quest. Generally for DPs I use whirlwind sprint to get up close to them, then bash fuck out of them with my glass warhammer :D It's enchanted with a freezing charm that affects stamina and speed, I normally poison it with potent stamina poison aswell and use the unrelenting force shout once the shout bar is good to go after whirlwinding over there. The only things I really dread coming up against now are giants and anyone with the stupid disarm shout...that drives me mental!!!

Darkthoughts
02-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Aha! Found out about the Wooden Mask - looks like I was right...

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Bromjunaar_Sanctuary

fernandito
02-22-2012, 08:46 AM
The only things I really dread coming up against now are giants and anyone with the stupid disarm shout...that drives me mental!!!

Yeah, those two types are devastating for melee users. I can take both of those out relatively quick. The Necromancers are a fucking headahce for me though since they love to cast Lightning based spells that drain my Magicka. Those pricks!

Aha! Found out about the Wooden Mask - looks like I was right...

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Bromjunaar_Sanctuary

Hmmm ... interesting ... and I'm assuming that the pedestal is the one that's featured during the loading screens? Looks like I need to get my ass back to Labyrinthian!

Darkthoughts
02-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Yes, that very same one!

I'm completing all my outstanding quests before I start the Stormcloaks this weekend.

Darkthoughts
03-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Glitches are doing my head in!!! Why aren't Bethseda bring out patches more quickly?! The Waking Nightmare quest has a major bug that is preventing me from completing it, I reloaded about 50 times and it didn't make any difference. I've moved on to other things until a patch comes out. Similarly, Skald (Jarl of Dawnstar) gave me a bounty quest (kill a dragon) and even though he gave me my bounty the "Collect bounty from Skald" objective won't clear from the Misc. Quests list. There is a slight upside to this, that he'll keep giving you "kill dragon" quests so you get locations marked on your map and have included two word walls and a Dragon Priest so far...but you get extra "collect bounty" messages.

Just needed to get that off my chest :lol:

fernandito
03-01-2012, 09:22 AM
yeah, some of those glitches are pretty damn irritating. Waking Nightmare, is that a major quest or a misc quest ?

My brother got this really fucked up glitch where he couldn't complete the Thieves Guild Missions because the two NPC's accompanying him on that quest get 'stuck' chatting underwater when they were supposed to swim to safety. It's hilarious becuase they're just chilling there, underwater, and he can't initite dialogue with them :lol:

Oh, and btw - I PLATINUM'D SKYRIM ! I've obtained 100% of the trophies. Feels good man.

Darkthoughts
03-01-2012, 09:56 AM
No way! *high fives* I'll have to have a look what I'm on, I've had quite a few achievement unlocked boxes pop up lately.

Yeah, Waking Nightmare is a main daedric quest - helping Erandur at Nightcaller Temple. He's meant to unlock a door but is stuck on a stairway and can't be pickpocketed. I used unrelenting force on him to get him up the staircase, but it doesn't make any difference. Lots of people on the UESP forum are having the same trouble, so that's kinda made me hopeful for a patch release.

The most hilarious glitch I've seen is for the character Louis Letrush, who asks you to steal Maven Black-Briar's horse. When you complete the mission it's possible that he can spawn multiple versions of himself - I've had three so far, one stuck halfway out the ground at Whiterun stables, one randomly travelling through Skyrim and one corpse in the wilds...bizarre! :D

fernandito
03-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Yeah, Waking Nightmare is a main daedric quest - helping Erandur at Nightcaller Temple. He's meant to unlock a door but is stuck on a stairway and can't be pickpocketed. I used unrelenting force on him to get him up the staircase, but it doesn't make any difference. Lots of people on the UESP forum are having the same trouble, so that's kinda made me hopeful for a patch release.

Gah, having a glitch on the Daedric quests make me nervous because there are only 16 artifacts and you need 15 for the trophy. Very small room margin for error.

But don't worry, in the event that you can't continue that quest because of the lack of a patch, look up 'The Ring of Harcine / Savior's Hide glitch'. It's a Daedric quest where you're theoretically only supposed to walk away with one of two artifacts, but if you exploit a loop hole in the system you can walk away with both.

Keep me posted!

Darkthoughts
03-02-2012, 12:25 AM
That is good to know! I've already failed one daedric quest (Namira) because I killed all the cannibals at the feast, you have to join them in eating someone to get Namira's item. I've unlocked 38/50 achievements so far, what's all this platinum business? I had a look around my profile on the console and couldn't figure that out.

Tatts4Life
03-02-2012, 07:23 AM
what's all this platinum business? I had a look around my profile on the console and couldn't figure that out.

Are you on an xbox 360 or PS3? PS3 has a platinum that you earn by earning all trophies in a game. But with xbox 360 you don't really earn anything for getting every achievement in a game.

Darkthoughts
03-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Aw bummer, yeah I'm Xbox. Cheers though for the info <3

fernandito
03-05-2012, 11:14 AM
That is good to know! I've already failed one daedric quest (Namira) because I killed all the cannibals at the feast, you have to join them in eating someone to get Namira's item. ...

Then yeah, you definitely need to use the exploit. Hopefully you don't fail any other Daedric quest or you're f'd for that achievement. :/

what's all this platinum business? I had a look around my profile on the console and couldn't figure that out.

Are you on an xbox 360 or PS3? PS3 has a platinum that you earn by earning all trophies in a game. But with xbox 360 you don't really earn anything for getting every achievement in a game.

Whaaaaat ? You don't earn anything on xbox for 100%'ng a game ? That sucks.

Darkthoughts
03-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Oh and by the way, I sided with the Imperials in the end. Ulfric was a racist dick. Haha, like how all the exiles at The Palace Of The Kings keep whining about it whilst Ulfric's corpse lies mouldering by the side of the table.

Skyrim is doing weird things to my moral compass.

eeZee
07-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Gah, I might have to bite the bullet and get this, but I was really hoping I'd find a way to factor a new PC into my life before that happened. Don't really want to get it for 360 even though I know there's plenty of game there to love. Grr....hmm....ahh...

fernandito
07-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Yeah, about 200+ hours of game time :lol:

Also, when the phuck is Dawnguard coming out for PS3 ? :angry:

Darkthoughts
10-24-2013, 06:33 AM
Ahhh lolz, just reading back through this and laughing at my days of being a melee, heavy armour chump. Sneak archer all the way now!

I keep signing up for the Elder Scrolls Online beta but they aren't picking me...whyyyyyy?!

Heather19
10-24-2013, 07:03 AM
I need to cave and just start playing this game. I think I'm way behind the times though :lol:

Tatts4Life
10-24-2013, 11:43 AM
I LOVE playing as a sneaky archer who uses some magic and sword play when somebody gets too close.

fernandito
10-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Ahhh lolz, just reading back through this and laughing at my days of being a melee, heavy armour chump. Sneak archer all the way now!

My co worker plays exclusively with heavy armor. He's a 100% melee guy.

I need to cave and just start playing this game. I think I'm way behind the times though :lol:This game is an instant classic, it's never too late to play it! It's not an online game so there's no intimidation factor of having to learn quickly to keep up with higher skilled players. You can advance at your own pace, you can adjust the difficult setting too.

Tatts4Life
10-25-2013, 07:52 AM
It's been awhile since I've played this, still haven't beat it yet. But there is this one dragon who is the main bad one that pissed me off at one point. It's the point where you learn the shout to knock dragons out of the sky. Even with my most powerful sword and arrows I wads owing almost no damage. Finally I went and grabbed my best blunt/ melee weapon and a companion and beat him real quick only to have him fly away. I might pick it up again at some point.

ELazansky
10-25-2013, 08:31 AM
The final battle was so anti-climatic for my character. I was max level on just about everything, wearing hand-crafted dragon armor, etc. Took a few minutes and I don;t think I drank one health potion. It was still a fun ride to get there.

I haven't played in a while. Thinking of going back in and building my own house for the hell of it.

fernandito
11-15-2013, 07:08 AM
HEAAAAATHEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR

(that was a Dragon shout btw^)

Heather19
11-15-2013, 09:41 AM
:lol:

Yes, I have started the game :D

fernandito
11-15-2013, 10:11 AM
Good.

I expect weekly reports. :smile:

Heather19
11-15-2013, 10:54 AM
Well hopefully when I return next week I'll have figured out how to escape :lol:

Still Servant
11-18-2013, 05:38 PM
Heather plays Skyrim!?! Awesome! I bought the game last year for 5 bucks, but haven't played it yet.

Heather19
11-18-2013, 06:38 PM
Just started it. It's the first video game I've played in years :lol: So far I'm loving it.

fernandito
11-19-2013, 10:18 AM
Just started it. It's the first video game I've played in years :lol: So far I'm loving it.
I wish you knew how happy this made me :wub:

Ok, down to basics. You said you picked the Nord class. Here's a listing of the buffs they start off with

A Nord in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
+10 Two-Handed (25)
+5 Block (20)
+5 Light Armor (20)
+5 One-Handed (20)
+5 Smithing (20)
+5 Speech (20)

Starting spells
Flames (Destruction)
Healing (Restoration)
Special abilitiesEdit
Battle Cry: Target flees for 30 seconds.
Resist Frost: Your Nord blood gives you 50% resistance to frost.

They're ideally suited for melee combat, especially two handed weapons. During your travels, pick up Light Armor and Two Handed weapons and use those often to increase the skills. Remember, you can only carry a certain amount of 'weight' so choose carefully. Also, don't try to make your character well rounded, i.e focusing on one handed weapons, two handed weapons, archer, dark magic etc., Stick to one or two methods of attack and focus on increasing those all the way.

Also, head to the city of Riverun and look for side quests there. One of the quests there grants you access to a house where you can store all your extra stuff at. Will save you a lot of headaches.

Heather19
11-19-2013, 03:04 PM
Thanks! Do I need to do two handed, or can I stick with one. That's what I've been using so far.

What do you play as? Should I think about switching my character?

fernandito
11-19-2013, 03:10 PM
You can stick with one. If you're going to go full melee with one hand, look into picking up a shield for your other hand. You will absolutely need one once you're hacking away at some of the stronger enemies.

I always play as a Dark Elf. They're great with dark magic - I believe they have a 50% + bonus to Fire attacks which is what I use the most - and they can one handle one handed weapons easily. My fighting style is to rush in with a powerful fire attack, and then go in and hack with my sword. Dual wielding a sword in one hand and a spell in the other is where I'm most comfortable. It all depends on your playing style. Some people (like Lisa) like to fight from a distance with bow and arrows, others like me like to get up close and personal. If you think you're going to want to incorporate magic into your repertoire frequently, I suggest switching to one of the Elves. If you think you're going to be using melee a vast majority of the time, stick with Nord. Orcs are fantastic for melee too, those guys are tanks.

fernandito
11-19-2013, 03:14 PM
Heather plays Skyrim!?! Awesome! I bought the game last year for 5 bucks, but haven't played it yet.
The fuck are you waiting for!?

Heather19
11-19-2013, 03:15 PM
I'm the same way, I've just been running up to them and slicing away :lol: Don't know how that will work on stronger enemies. I have a shield and a sword that I'm using right now. If I go two handed would I be at a disadvantage to not having a shield?

fernandito
11-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Well, yes and no. If you use two handed weapons and no shield you'll expose yourself to attack, but power strikes from two handed weapons are MUCH stronger. If you focus heavily on upgrading the power of your two handed attacks you'll become a melee powerhouse.

I've never used two handed weapons because it feels like if my character is one dimensional, but if that's your style then by all means go for it!

You've already issued points in the level up screen, right? That screen that looks like a constellation and it lets you activate certain nodes? Looks like this

http://www.ctrlaltkill.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/1179SkillsMenu-1024x576.jpg

Heather19
11-19-2013, 03:43 PM
I think so. I've gotten notices that I've increased certain skills. Can I do magic with my character like you can?

fernandito
11-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Yup, you can put points in any area you wish. BUT like I mentioned earlier, my advice to you is to try not to be too well rounded. Put stock in the areas you feel you'll use the most.

Fall of Gilead
11-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Agree with that. Play up a certain skill set and stick with it, or at least keep one save open to experiment. I ran into that problem when I couldn't decide whether to be one- or two-handed and ended up putting points in both and being just average with both. Whichever weapon you choose (and armor for that matter) it's probably a safe bet to put a couple points in the damage dealing and armor rating for that type as soon as you can.

Heather19
11-20-2013, 01:50 PM
So I decided to go two handed since you thought it'd be a stronger choice. I feel kinda naked without my shield though, but I probably just need to practice and get stronger. Some hired thugs are after me, and I have to keep running away because I can't take them down :lol:

Also is the house in Whiterun Feev? Someone mentioned a house for sale, I just need to find out who's selling it. But I definitely need a place to keep all my stuff, I think I pick up too much and don't want to let it go, but I'm at the max weight now.

fernandito
11-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Yup, there will definitely be enemies that are stronger than you and that you should return to once you're stronger. One of the smalls things that brings me joy out of RPG's is returning to areas where I know I had difficulty after I level up and just DESTROYING all the enemies there. I'm sure you'll get a kick out of that too :lol:

And yes, make obtaining that house a priority. We all know how fucking awful it feels to be questing and then having to sort inventory to see what you want to throw away and what you want to keep because you've exceeded your weight limit. It'll happen frequently so, get used to it lol.

Heather19
11-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Well I just got Lydia, so I gave her some stuff and then sold off a ton of stuff too. But I know it's going to pile right back up :lol:

Still Servant
11-20-2013, 02:59 PM
The fuck are you waiting for!?

I keep jumping other games in front of it. Games like Dead Space 3, Last of Us, Assassin's Creed 3, GTA5 and now Ghosts. I didn't have a whole of interest in Skyrim when it came out. I only bought it because I couldn't pass it up for 5 bucks.

I'm huge into role playing games, but I like them more traditional. My style is more the JRPG with the turn based style. I'm pretty sure I will like it when I play it though. It has a Game of Thrones feel to it.

Heather19
12-30-2013, 08:03 AM
I'm curious what everyone's method for playing it is. Do you typically stay in one town and complete those quests before moving on? I'm still in Whiterun trying to finish most of these, but it almost seems neverending so I think I'll be traveling on. Also do the companion leaders ever run out of quests to give you? I've completed the main quest with them, but if I talk to them they just keep giving me random little quests to go on.

Fall of Gilead
12-30-2013, 02:07 PM
The Companion leader requests are indeed neverending. The College of Winterhold also has neverending quests.

Heather19
12-30-2013, 02:49 PM
Thanks! One other question, does it really matter if I join the Stormcloaks or the Imperials? Will one hinder my gameplay? And can I switch or am I stuck with the first one I choose?

Fall of Gilead
12-31-2013, 04:19 AM
There are no major differences in which side you join, other than installing new jarls in territories you take over, and if you approach the opposing side's camps (such as "Whiterun Stormcloak Camp", etc.) they will attack if you get too close. You cannot switch sides after you speak to the respective leader and officially join.

fernandito
01-14-2014, 09:07 AM
I joined the Imperials because Ulfric got on my fucking nerves.

Heather19
01-14-2014, 09:09 AM
Should I join one soon, or wait. I think the Imperials are located in a town I haven't visited yet.

fernandito
01-14-2014, 09:18 AM
Oh by all means, go ahead and join one now. Their missions are straight up battle royales. They send you to a fort held by the opposite party and you have to slaughter everyone standing. It's awesome.

fernandito
01-17-2014, 08:16 AM
Yup, I got the platinum for Skyrim too. 100% completion :D

mae
01-11-2017, 05:52 PM
Six years late to the party but I recently got Skyrim SE and am playing it. So much fun! I tried Morrowind years and years back and could not get into it. So this is my first real entry into the Elder Scrolls universe. Amazing stuff so far.

Cwalker
01-11-2017, 05:57 PM
Hope your ready for another addiction. Been playing since it came out in '11 and just got the SE edition for the XBox One.
My suggestin is play it without mods first. One or two vanilla runthroughs will give you an idea what mods may enhance your playstyle.

Enjoy!!!

mae
01-11-2017, 06:12 PM
That's my thinking, too, although mods like SkyUI and moreHUD look super useful. And speaking of addiction, I got sick so took a sick day today and played Skyrim for pretty much 12 hours. Haven't done that since high school!

fernandito
01-12-2017, 09:14 AM
One of my most favorite, most addicting games ever.

What level are you on, Pablo? What's your class?

mae
01-12-2017, 09:42 AM
I only started about a week ago or so. I'm around level 9-10, I believe. Playing, like yourself, as a Dark Elf. Trying to focus on sneaking and two-handed combat, as I'm really enjoying bashing skulls in. The results are so-so so far, but I can take down a wolf in one swoop :) Other creatures are not so easy still. Archery is also okay. I suspect I need to level up quite a few more points for archery and sneaking to be actually usable. But I'm already happily married with an adopted child! Now to just make sense of these 17,000 quests I have to do for everyone.

fernandito
01-12-2017, 10:41 AM
My suggestion? Dark Elves are especially proficient with magic, so if you turn your build into a 2 handed melee fighter you're not utilizing the Elf to his full potential.

Now you can still use him as a 2 HF if you wish, but you'd get more out of him if you incorporate magic into your basic fighting maneuvers. Don't the DE have a +bonus in Destructive magic?

mae
01-12-2017, 11:03 AM
I'm not much into actual magic, at least not yet. I just discovered the Shout, so it doesn't seem very powerful or useful - yet.

mae
06-10-2018, 06:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fX_9HG1veE

mae
06-10-2018, 06:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkFdqqyI8y4

fernandito
06-11-2018, 08:38 AM
now to wait like another 3 years :(

mae
06-11-2018, 08:44 AM
I haven't tried ESO yet but that trailer kinda convinced me. The only issue is that I don't really want to play with strangers with everyone just going nuts all over the place, which I've seen in a lot of videos.

mae
06-20-2018, 06:25 PM
Well I'm finally playing Elder Scrolls Online and loving it so much. There are many great things about it but one of them is the absolutely stunningly beautiful score:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AktRHveHYBA

I mean TES games have always had great music, but this is just amazing.

mae
06-26-2018, 10:02 AM
Very cool documentary, but I disagree that the series has "lost its way":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46gaz6veVNQ

mae
10-04-2018, 10:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzjvWQCND54

mae
03-25-2019, 11:05 AM
Get your copy or Morrowind for free if you don't have it!

https://bethesda.net/en/article/zTLJdDWzVy0Ak7SMatqNG/celebrate-25-years-of-the-elder-scrolls

On March 25, 1994, Bethesda Game Studios invited players to embark on a journey to the fantastical world of Tamriel. 25 years later, we still walk the path of The Elder Scrolls - now joined by tens of millions of incredible fans like you. This week, we invite you to join us in celebrating the 25th Anniversary of The Elder Scrolls and the community that has made Tamriel their home with a whole quest log’s worth of special gifts, sales and more!

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind — Log in or sign up on Bethesda.net to redeem a free PC copy of Morrowind with the code TES25TH-MORROWIND. Act fast – this offer is only available March 25!

mae
04-01-2019, 02:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvZsbpUJhZ8

mae
04-01-2019, 03:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBWW9LVhyNs

mae
06-08-2019, 05:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPttE_fvjZM

mae
12-28-2019, 10:47 AM
We're going back to Skyrim!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfeR8KaQWRs

mae
02-24-2021, 06:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_y0Iaq3k_Q

fernandito
02-24-2021, 10:11 AM
I think when I'm an old, old man, and I'm smoking my tobacco pipe near a camp fire as I reflect on my video game hobby, I'll think of Skyrim as one of my all time favorite gaming experiences. Everything about that game is special.

(Well, except maybe the game breaking bugs)

mae
03-19-2021, 11:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoSYDD3SRGQ

mae
04-19-2021, 09:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NXSxkWQp0M