PDA

View Full Version : Santa Claus : Edited For Content

Jimmy
11-15-2007, 05:48 AM
From yahoo news

Santas warned 'ho ho ho' offensive to women Wed Nov 14, 11:04 PM ET

SYDNEY (AFP) - Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.

Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.

One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children and was too close to "ho", a US slang term for prostitute.

"Gimme a break," said Julie Gale, who runs the campaign against sexualising children called Kids Free 2B Kids.

"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that "ho, ho, ho" has any other connotation and nor should they," she told the Telegraph.

"Leave Santa alone."

A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was "misleading" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.

:arg:

Brice
11-15-2007, 05:50 AM
Is this for real???? WTF?

funky dredd
11-15-2007, 05:54 AM
WTF....This has got to be a joke!!

Jimmy
11-15-2007, 05:54 AM
It's from yahoo news. Here's another link to an Australian news site detaling the story. It's basically the same article with an interview or two.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22761386-2,00.html?from=public_rss

It also includes this picture of a classroom full of Santas that I love.

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5751486,00.jpg

Darkthoughts
11-15-2007, 06:03 AM
Good grief! First all that crap last year about it being "Happy Holidays" and not "Christmas" and now this shit...seriously, what a bag of shite!

Jimmy
11-15-2007, 06:05 AM
No not a bag of shite, it's a receptical of fecal matter. We don't want to offend anyone, now do we?

Brice
11-15-2007, 06:05 AM
It is ridiculous. You have to wonder if these people put ANY thought into this. I am just stunned by the stupidity.

Darkthoughts
11-15-2007, 06:06 AM
No not a bag of shite, it's a receptical of fecal matter. We don't want to offend anyone, now do we?
:rofl:

It didn't used to be so bad over here, but in the last 5 years all this overly pc crap has filtering through :arg:

Brice
11-15-2007, 06:07 AM
It is our country's fault I think. Sorry! :(

Storyslinger
11-15-2007, 06:09 AM
Yeah, I saw this on the news this morning, what a crock of shit

Jimmy
11-15-2007, 06:10 AM

And even if it wasn't we'd get the blame anyway. :rofl:

Though it really is our fault.

Letti
11-15-2007, 06:10 AM
M'Lord...

Brice
11-15-2007, 06:12 AM

And even if it wasn't we'd get the blame anyway. :rofl:

Though it really is our fault.

We are the most litigious easily offended people. Everyone's so sensitive. Fuck 'em all!!! :pullhair:

Storyslinger
11-15-2007, 06:13 AM
Just like the nap time for the newer working class, and trophies for last place

Brice
11-15-2007, 06:16 AM
Just like the nap time for the newer working class, and trophies for last place

On the subject of trophies for losers I was on a bowling league a few years back that had trophies for NINTH place. :cyclops: WTF??? :rofl:

I really DO want nap time at work though. It is only right. :D

Storyslinger
11-15-2007, 06:17 AM
I know, total BS

Jimmy
11-15-2007, 06:22 AM
They're not Santa's Elves, they're South Pole Inhabiting Dimensionally Challenged Pointy-Eared Persons.

Sleigh could be confused with the word "slay" as well. We should change that too. We wouldn't want the kiddies to think Santa slays people.

Also Santa isn't fat because fat people are bad, he's merely wearing a padded suit to keep warm.

:ninja:

Storyslinger
11-15-2007, 06:23 AM

Brice
11-15-2007, 06:24 AM
These days Rudolph wouldn't be sad that he couldn't pull the slay he'd file a major discrimination lawsuit.

Storyslinger
11-15-2007, 06:25 AM
"Stupid bastards make fun of me for my nose, I'll show them"

Jimmy
11-15-2007, 06:37 AM
Nah Rudolph would have made the team straight out due to affirmative action plus Donner was his dad.

Fathers always get their kids cushy jobs nowadays. *looks towards the D.C area*

I found this, it's not mine but I wish it was.

Rudolph, the color-of-choice-nosed reindeer
Had a very neutrally lit nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it does or does not glow

All of the other reindeer, used to treat him neutrally
They may or may not have let financially-challenged Rudolph, play in any reindeer-induced secular festivities

Then one weather-affected neutral event's eve, an obesity-challenged non-gender specific person came to non-coercively suggest
"Rudolph, with your nose so neutrally lit, won't you guide my environmentally-friendly transportation vehicle in a non-discriminatory or derogatory fashion this evening"

Then all the reindeer displayed naturally and evolutionarily explainable emotion toward him As they shouted out with neutrality,
Rudolph the color-of-choice-nosed reindeer, you'll go down in non-gender-specific–story!!!

Storyslinger
11-15-2007, 06:39 AM
That is friggin great :lol:

Wuducynn
11-15-2007, 07:02 AM
It is ridiculous. You have to wonder if these people put ANY thought into this. I am just stunned by the stupidity.

I'm not stunned by it. Speaking of Big Brother...

Odetta
11-15-2007, 07:34 AM
If you arrange the letters in SANTA... you get...

SATAN!

Jimmy
11-15-2007, 07:40 AM
Too true. Santa also sounds like Saint, which some cultures don't have. Claus sounds like "claws" which also may frighten children as much as sleigh would.

I'm leaning towards "Well Mannicured Person of Northern Descent."

Odetta
11-15-2007, 07:41 AM
SATAN CLAWS!

Jimmy
11-15-2007, 07:42 AM
Holiday Parental Guardian > Father Christmas

Storyslinger
11-15-2007, 07:44 AM
:lol:

Matt
11-15-2007, 07:45 AM
Fetivus for the Rest of us!!

Odetta
11-15-2007, 07:48 AM
Serenity NOW!

Jimmy
11-15-2007, 07:51 AM
Will someone please think of the children!?
http://trivialpursuits.typepad.com/trivial_pursuits/HelenLovejoy-thumb.jpg

Daghain
11-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Excuse me, I need to wipe my brain off my monitor. My head just exploded.

This PC crap is really getting out of hand.

We call Santa Satan Lucas - we used to play trivia at the bar, and the guys were trying to do the word scramble - and kept getting Satan Lucas for Santa Claus.

It stuck. :lol:

Now whenever we don't know the word, someone in the group yells out "Satan Lucas!" :rofl:

Wuducynn
11-15-2007, 08:59 AM
http://www.hollywoodasylum.com/808xmasB.jpg

ZoNeSeeK
11-15-2007, 05:24 PM
Jesus christ, i think id be more offended by "Ha Ha Ha" (wtf you laughing at, fat man?) - I don't actually think that will be implemented though, its probably someone's stupid suggestion which made it into tabloid news (which isn't hard to do).

Why would any woman think santa was calling them a hoe? unless they actually are a hoe :)

Storyslinger
11-16-2007, 06:49 AM
Well said

towerguard
11-16-2007, 07:17 AM
It's a good thing no one tells kid's the old story about Santa's buddy Krampus who takes care of all the naughty kids.
http://www.allaboutkrampus.com/

Wuducynn
11-16-2007, 07:22 AM
I posted a picture of him above.

myishi
11-21-2007, 05:46 AM
I WISH I COULD UNSEE THIS THREAD

NOOOO
NOT MY SANTA :scared:

(it'll stay "ho ho ho" here because it doesnt mean anything else in our language => )

Storyslinger
11-21-2007, 06:46 AM
It doesn't mean anything in Australia either, they just have a lot of women who consider them selves hoes, ask Zone :)

Wuducynn
11-21-2007, 07:13 AM
It doesn't mean anything but PC stupidity.

Storyslinger
11-21-2007, 07:15 AM
Correct

ZoNeSeeK
11-21-2007, 03:23 PM
It doesn't mean anything in Australia either, they just have a lot of women who consider them selves hoes, ask Zone :)

"bitch hoes", technically.

RUBE
11-22-2007, 09:56 AM
Too true. Santa also sounds like Saint, which some cultures don't have. Claus sounds like "claws" which also may frighten children as much as sleigh would.

I'm leaning towards "Well Mannicured Person of Northern Descent."

You mean his name is not "Sandy Claws?" I am so disappointed.

Patrick
11-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Nah Rudolph would have made the team straight out due to affirmative action plus Donner was his dad.

Fathers always get their kids cushy jobs nowadays. *looks towards the D.C area*

I found this, it's not mine but I wish it was.

Rudolph, the color-of-choice-nosed reindeer
Had a very neutrally lit nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it does or does not glow

All of the other reindeer, used to treat him neutrally
They may or may not have let financially-challenged Rudolph, play in any reindeer-induced secular festivities

Then one weather-affected neutral event's eve, an obesity-challenged non-gender specific person came to non-coercively suggest
"Rudolph, with your nose so neutrally lit, won't you guide my environmentally-friendly transportation vehicle in a non-discriminatory or derogatory fashion this evening"

Then all the reindeer displayed naturally and evolutionarily explainable emotion toward him
As they shouted out with neutrality,
Rudolph the color-of-choice-nosed reindeer, you'll go down in non-gender-specific–story!!!

Storyslinger
11-27-2007, 07:30 AM

"bitch hoes", technically.

:panic: