PDA

View Full Version : Stephen to make appearance at Savannah Book Festival

Ari_Racing
09-22-2011, 06:46 AM
Stephen will be the Guest of Honor at the Savannah (GA) Book Festival on February 19, 2012. This will be a ticketed event. There will also be a two hour book signing--details for securing attendance to be announced at a later time.
For more information, please visit their site at http://www.savannahbookfestival.org.

Bethany
09-22-2011, 06:49 AM
Oh my heavenly stars! Stephen King in my absolute most favorite city?! I may die.

Ben Staad
09-22-2011, 06:56 AM
I've never been to Savannah but I've heard nothing but good things about it. Maybe I need to think about a Road Trip!

Bethany
09-22-2011, 08:42 AM
YESSSSSSSS! Yes you do! Well, if you like Southern history and the like. Gorgeous city, great food, fun tours, awesome beach near by.

Ben Staad
09-22-2011, 08:56 AM
YESSSSSSSS! Yes you do! Well, if you like Southern history and the like. Gorgeous city, great food, fun tours, awesome beach near by.

I agree! I've heard it's similar to St. Augustine, FL (I've been) but better. So Maybe I can get my better half to tag along and we will make a vacation of it.

herbertwest
09-22-2011, 11:01 AM
I would have prefered that he came to Europe this time instead of the USA... :-/

Nerak
09-22-2011, 12:00 PM
I wanna go!!!!

Ari_Racing
09-22-2011, 12:15 PM
There's a small chance (very small, but still) that I might be able to travel :)

Merlin1958
09-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Savannah? :orely: Think he intends to get in 18 holes over at Hilton Head While he's there? LOL Wonderful southern city. Just remarkable!!! Plus in Feb. the weather should be "just right", if I recall.

CRinVA
09-23-2011, 07:27 AM
Actually Savannah rocks in March on St Patricks Day to be specific! At least it did back in 1979 when I was there! Beer vendors on the streeet corners, people celebrating everywhere. I think it's called River street - all the bars participating and you just take your drinks (in plastic cups) with you when you head out the door. I was reminded of this two weeks ago when i was in Las Vegas where you can walk down the street slurping out of a handle of Tequila if you want and no one cares. Its just the way it is there!

Bethany
09-23-2011, 07:49 AM
I think Savannah now has the second largest St. Patrick's Day celebration in the nation. And River Street is awesome.

Damn you all for making me want to go back!

mae
09-23-2011, 02:15 PM
http://savannahnow.com/accent/2011-09-22/stephen-king-coming-savannah-book-festival

The Savannah Book Festival has announced that best-selling, world-renowned and award-winning author Stephen King will appear as the guest of honor of the festival, delivering the closing address at 3 p.m. Feb. 19 at the Trustees Theater.

His latest novel, 11/22/63, published by Scribner, hits stores on Nov. 8.

Savannah Book Festival board president Stephanie Duttenhaver said: “We are extremely excited to welcome Mr. King as the guest of honor at our fifth annual festival. His willingness to appear is a testament to the reputation and growth of our festival, which now rivals any festival in the country for talent, author access and charm.”

Tickets go on sale Oct. 3 at 10 a.m. Ticket price is $10 each. To reserve your seat, please call the SCAD Box Office at 912-525-5050.

Bethany
10-05-2011, 01:26 PM
I tried and tried and tried with multiple phones, with no luck :(