PDA

View Full Version : dt.com staff downsizing and reorganization--6 month mark

Matt
11-12-2007, 08:36 AM
Hey everyone. Today we are announcing a site wide staff reorganization and downsizing. Not because of any thing wrong (drama), but because it had been planned since the doors opened. All the directors feel it is in the sites best interest to keep it fresh and make sure the site is staffed in a way that benefits the fans.

As we have all seen, TheDarkTower is really coming into its own over the last month but we still have a long way to go. It was decided that the site had a much higher admin/member ration than was needed. So we decided on a few layoffs. This is not a bad thing though, many of the facilitators were totally honest with us at the beginning, making it clear they may not have much time for it.

I like that kind of honesty and want to make sure it is reciprocated. The there are many changing needs on this site but one constant is that the staff needs to be participatory and if folks are too busy to put in that kind of time, I totally respect that.

So over the last few months the directors have interviewed the managers, we have also gotten together in person to discuss the issue. Its not a decision made lightly but it seemed necessary for now with how the progress of the site is going.

As we all know, there have been some other staff changes recently and this is just part of that. How we will fill positions (if needed) in the future is still up for discussion at this point.

All the facilitators affected have been PM'd by Hannah and you may speak with them through PM if you would like but I want to leave this thread as a simple announcement.

Not that you can't respond, just that the decision has been made. :thumbsup:

I do want to say thank you to everyone that is involved in the site, from top to bottom. I think we have a very bright future here and I love being a part of it.

Matt