PDA

View Full Version : Links Directory

Matt
11-07-2007, 08:25 AM
My Christmas present this year is going to be a "links directory" for the site.

This will not only house links to cool SK info but also a slew of other things that orbit the man and his works.

Members are going to be able to add to it like a wiki so I am hoping that everyone will try their best to add links that are useful to our members.

It will also be divided into categories for easy navigation.

Just so you guys know, its the next big thing coming to the site. :excited:

Storyslinger
11-07-2007, 08:26 AM
vERY COOL

Daghain
11-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Intriguing....:D

Patrick
11-08-2007, 04:19 PM
I don't understand it yet, but given how excited you are, I'm sure it will be awesome. :thumbsup:

Matt
11-08-2007, 04:25 PM
basically, this is a method used on the internet. Like all things, its been over used and you have to be careful but there are easy rules to follow.

a lot of search engines base a lot of their rank on sites that you are linked from. basically, people of like interest create link databases and user each other to increase traffic across the board.

works pretty well from what I understand. Once people figured this out, they created "link farms" which are now ignored by search engines so that's rough. but with the correct approach, a well done links directory can greatly increase exposure and search engine ranking :nana:

Matt
11-10-2007, 04:12 PM
I have kind of changed the way I am going to do this. Here is what I am hoping for. If you have a home page and would like a link to it from here please post it in this thread.

I am going to put the common ones of course but we can also link to members of this site.

Also an image I could use for it would be great.