PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Comic Book Villain

Erin
11-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Who is your favorite comic book villain?

My personal favorite has always been Poison Ivy from the Batman comics. I've always been drawn to the fact that she's a beautiful, strong, feminine character who can kick some ass. I love that she uses sex and her sexual appeal to control men and women alike. Her creator, Robert Kanigher, has stated before that she was modeled after Bettie Page.:thumbsup:

I also enjoy the fact that in some story arcs, she really stands for a cause and most of her "evil-doing" is related to her love for and the protection of all plant-life. She's just the villainess I love to hate. :D

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/MidWorldGirl/BATGRAVE.jpg

Jimmy
11-06-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm going to say Batman, because he's always going after my favorite super-hero, The Joker.

Erin
11-06-2007, 11:35 AM
:lol: When I was creating this thread, I totally thought of you and the Joker-love. :D

Mike Beck
11-06-2007, 11:49 AM
I have a few favorites.

1. Thanos - He's a sick bastard, but most of his motivation is from his love of Mistress Death, who rarely gives him the time of day. He also wielded the Infinity Gauntlet and wiped out a shit ton of superheroes. pretty awesome.

2. Dr. Doom - I don't even have to say anything. He's the man.

3. Venom - McFarlane's Brock/Venom. the best representation of Venom and Eddie Brock ever ever.

Matt
11-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Thanos!! That is it in a nutshell man.

You aren't a villian unless you are a cosmic villian. :rock:

OchrisO
11-06-2007, 12:07 PM
The Joker is pretty high on my list, but I think I am going to have to go with the great En Sabah Nur himself, Apocalypse!

http://www.fanatoys.com/Files/15797/7132112240184.jpg

Another huge favorite of mine, when she is actually bothering to be a villain, is Emma Frost. I loves me some Emma Frost. She's the comic Villain I'd most like to rule the world with.
http://images.wikia.com/marveldatabase/images/thumb/a/ae/Emma_Frost_(Diamond_form)_001.jpg/300px-Emma_Frost_(Diamond_form)_001.jpg

http://www.rackham.dk/anmeldelse/billeder/new_x-men/bitch_1.jpg

fernandito
11-06-2007, 12:19 PM
I've always been a huge Magneto fan.

Mike Beck
11-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Damn. Forgot about him. Magneto is a badass. And so much more so in the comics than in the movies.

Matt
11-06-2007, 12:51 PM
I'll show Apocalypse love as well.

the Age of Apocalypse was one of the best story arcs ever imo.

Ikilledthecrimsonking
11-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Chris is so right the most bad ass villen has to be Apocolypse
Dr.Doom s awsome to

what would happen if they had a baby it would be kick ass but it would also be really wierd

Mike Beck
11-06-2007, 12:57 PM
it would look like.....

THIS!

http://www.youngmanridge.com/pop/movies/deadalive/deadalivezombiebaby.jpg

Jimmy
11-06-2007, 12:59 PM
:lol: When I was creating this thread, I totally thought of you and the Joker-love. :D

Oh it's more than love, it's... love.

Storyslinger
11-07-2007, 06:58 AM
My favorite villain
http://z.about.com/d/comicbooks/1/7/6/C/venom.jpg

Matt
11-07-2007, 07:25 AM
He was for me until Eric Foreman butchered the role in the latest Spiderman movie. :lol:

Storyslinger
11-07-2007, 07:28 AM
Same here

Jimmy
11-07-2007, 09:05 AM
Another reason to love The Joker.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2347/1872592290_fa79f63bf0_o.jpg

Now when Aquaman talks to fish he does it with a high-pitched voice.

Mike Beck
11-07-2007, 09:09 AM
well it wasn't totally his fault. i blame Raimi for representing him horribly. I just saw that movie recently. It was pretty good until venom came along. lame.

Storyslinger
11-07-2007, 09:09 AM
Oh, thats hardcore

Jimmy
11-07-2007, 09:15 AM
well it wasn't totally his fault. i blame Raimi for representing him horribly. I just saw that movie recently. It was pretty good until venom came along. lame.

I blame the character. Venom never cut it for me. It's a killer costume for Jeebus' sake.

That's like having Batman's utility belt trying to strangle him or something.

Matt
11-07-2007, 09:27 AM
:lol:

Its actually an alien creature that in symbiotic. People always act like it was evil but that's kind of like calling a lion evil for doing what it does.

The only reason it was a Spider is because Parker was one.

Jimmy
11-07-2007, 09:40 AM

Its actually an alien creature that in symbiotic. People always act like it was evil but that's kind of like calling a lion evil for doing what it does.

The only reason it was a Spider is because Parker was one.

Oh I know Venom's origin both in and out of comics, I just think it's stupid.

The black costume was created because of the original James Cameron made Spider-Man movie that was never made. He wanted Spidey in dark colors and Marvel complied. Cameron abandoned the idea, and the suit became an alien symbiote.

I consider the suit evil, because it corrupts whoever's wearing it. In a recent issue of "Thunderbolts" where Mac Gargan, the modern Venom, currently appears, he ate the arm of The Steel Spider. Mac was the Scorpion for years before he became Venom and he never ate anybody before.

That suit's evil I tells ya, EVIL!!!

And a stupid idea.

Matt
11-07-2007, 09:49 AM
:rofl:

Sure, except its only going with what's inside of the "host". Sounds like someone wanted to do some biting anyway.

I'm not sure about the Camaron stuff. :beat:

The suit itself was created by the Beyonder and it first appeared in the Secret Wars.

Galactus has since ate its home planet killing all of them. I believe that was well before any movies.

Jimmy
11-07-2007, 09:57 AM
:rofl:

Sure, except its only going with what's inside of the "host". Sounds like someone wanted to do some biting anyway.

I'm not sure about the Camaron stuff. :beat:

The suit itself was created by the Beyonder and it first appeared in the Secret Wars

The suit was not created by the Beyonder either. It's from a long dead planet once eaten by Galactus. The symbiote race was known for destroying other races by bonding with it's peoples. The symbiotes feed on emotions, making the wearers irrational and prone to violent acts of depravity.

Hence the suit is evil.

Matt
11-07-2007, 10:00 AM
Pfft--Lions feed on antelope. Its what they do :lol:

But I will give you that the Beyonder actually took pieces of other planets.

No way the suit itself (or the race) is "evil" though. They just live and do what they were made to do.

Jimmy
11-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Gather 'round people, this is the geek version of You Got Served lol.

Lions may feed on antelopes, but do they make the antelopes eat other antelopes?

Do they make the antelopes walk down the street strutting to a thinly veiled version of a Bee Gee's disco tune while at the same time making the antelopes look all greasy and gross?

No they don't and the disco, the greasiness and the eating of emotions and people proves that the symbiote is evil.

I rest my case.

MonteGss
11-07-2007, 10:23 AM
LEX

fernandito
11-07-2007, 11:50 AM
I don't think that the idea behind Venom is anymore stupid than the idea of a guy falling into a boilint pot of chemicals and ending up with a big ass grin on his face.

Mike Beck
11-07-2007, 11:56 AM
no that's true. some of the origins of these characters are a little ridiculous, but the end result can make up for it.

sometimes.

Stu Redman
11-07-2007, 12:01 PM
Magneto kicks ass

Jimmy
11-07-2007, 12:36 PM
I don't think that the idea behind Venom is anymore stupid than the idea of a guy falling into a boilint pot of chemicals and ending up with a big ass grin on his face.

I've thought about what you've said, and I have a better understanding of why I don't like Venom.

It brings the cosmic side of the Marvel U into Spider-Man, a street level character. It's like if Sherlock Holmes' enemy Moriarty was from the future. It would make no sense, because Holmes' genre is not science fiction. It doesn't balance out to me.

I lean to the value of Spider-Man as a guy who fights thugs, the mob and earth bound villains. He worries about his family and making ends meet. Bringing in an alien costume, and then more alien costumes, and then more alien costumes negates what makes Spidey great. Venom bogs him down just like fighting huge mech robots would bog down Batman.

If Venom was an enemy of say Silver Surfer or Dr. Strange maybe then I would like him, but as it stands I don't.

The only time I've ever enjoyed Venom is when The Sub-Mariner ripped his tongue out. That was pretty great imo.

OchrisO
11-07-2007, 01:19 PM

I've thought about what you've said, and I have a better understanding of why I don't like Venom.

It brings the cosmic side of the Marvel U into Spider-Man, a street level character. It's like if Sherlock Holmes' enemy Moriarty was from the future. It would make no sense, because Holmes' genre is not science fiction. It doesn't balance out to me.

I lean to the value of Spider-Man as a guy who fights thugs, the mob and earth bound villains. He worries about his family and making ends meet. Bringing in an alien costume, and then more alien costumes, and then more alien costumes negates what makes Spidey great. Venom bogs him down just like fighting huge mech robots would bog down Batman.

If Venom was an enemy of say Silver Surfer or Dr. Strange maybe then I would like him, but as it stands I don't.

The only time I've ever enjoyed Venom is when The Sub-Mariner ripped his tongue out. That was pretty great imo.

Spider-man has fought Thanos, Dormamu, The Beyonder, Firelord, Mephisto, Ultron, Super-Skrull, Kang the Conqueror and a host of other Villains who exist on a cosmic scale over the course of his career. Peter Parker does tend to be an everyman, but his crimefighting isn't limited to street thugs and earth bound villains by any means.

Spider-Man was even gifted, for a while, with the powers of Captain Universe by the Enigma Force.

fernandito
11-07-2007, 01:22 PM

While I do agree that all of the alien symbiotes after Venom were a bit unnecessary, I don't think that (We are) Venom bogs down Spidey in the slightest. To me, Spidey and Venom are the perfect counterparts, and the fact that Venom takes control of Brock after being dumped by Parker only helps to reinforce this. Parker knows and understands the deadly power that comes with bonding with the symbiote, and he also understands the urges to do harm to others will 'sporting' it :lol: This is why, at least IMHO, Venom is such a great villian. :)

Mike Beck
11-07-2007, 01:38 PM
that's true stuff.

and venom never felt like he was some weirdo outer space creature to me. even though the symbiote is from another planet, when Venom came on the scene, and when he's chasing/fighting with spidey, he just seems like any other villain. like doc ock or the lizard. just much more bad ass.

OchrisO
11-07-2007, 01:44 PM
In the Ultimate Spider-Man universe, they chose to make Venom a suit that Peter and Eddie's dad were working on that was supposed to be used to treat burn victims and cancer patients, but it somehow developed sentience. The story they use in the movie was most likely drawn from the Ultimate version.

P.S.

This thread needs more Emma Frost love, even though her villainous nature could be debated.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5f/Emma-frost.jpg/200px-Emma-frost.jpg

http://en.gnomz.com/blogz_images/e/m/emma-frost-06.jpg
http://en.gnomz.com/blogz_images/2/0/20050910-white-queen-20050619062445710.jpg

Erin
11-07-2007, 03:48 PM
I personally also love Harley Quinn. I'm a big fan of most Batman female villains, except Catwoman. I never was too fond of her.

Anyways, Jimmy, how do you feel about Harley Quinn being a huge Joker fan? Do you like her character or does she annoy you (i've heard other big Joker fans say that before).

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/MidWorldGirl/Harley-1.jpg

Mike Beck
11-07-2007, 04:05 PM
i found this. thought it was funny.

thanos.

http://img111.exs.cx/img111/2192/Thanos_vs_HulkDrax.jpg

Erin
11-07-2007, 04:06 PM
:rofl: That's great Mike.

Oh and did I mention that I love when you post because I get to see Hiro each time? :wub: ....and because it's a Mike post. :D

Mike Beck
11-07-2007, 04:08 PM
well thank you thank you. :)

and hiro thanks you too. he told me so.

Matt
11-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Gather 'round people, this is the geek version of You Got Served lol.

Lions may feed on antelopes, but do they make the antelopes eat other antelopes?

Do they make the antelopes walk down the street strutting to a thinly veiled version of a Bee Gee's disco tune while at the same time making the antelopes look all greasy and gross?

No they don't and the disco, the greasiness and the eating of emotions and people proves that the symbiote is evil.

I rest my case.

Well, I gotta address this even though the conversation has gone by.

Your movie references...oh man, those are wrong as hell. We have established how badly they strayed from the original idea of what Venom is that it was almost criminal. So that entire part of your argument...moot :beat:

As for the main question... is the suit evil? My main point on that score was to say that it attaches itself and amplifies what is already inside of the host. Like acid--but huge.

So the Lion analogy is was about what the thing was born to do, not about the result it inflicts. The antelope dies after all, that seems pretty bad :fairy:. But is the lion "evil" for killing, doing what it does? No and neither is the suit imo.

Jimmy
11-08-2007, 05:38 AM
Spider-man has fought Thanos, Dormamu, The Beyonder, Firelord, Mephisto, Ultron, Super-Skrull, Kang the Conqueror and a host of other Villains who exist on a cosmic scale over the course of his career. Peter Parker does tend to be an everyman, but his crimefighting isn't limited to street thugs and earth bound villains by any means.

Spider-Man was even gifted, for a while, with the powers of Captain Universe by the Enigma Force.

He's fought all those people but never regularly. You never see Spidey swinging through the city and go, "Oh, Thanos is robbing a bank again. Let me go see what's up."

The Captain Universe thing was a ploy to sell comics. The story had no redeeming value, no long term consequences and is never mentioned in the books today. Such ploys as this are still used today, such as this here.

http://www.comicboards.com/avengers/moderator/newavengers35.jpg

This cover picture does not even happen in the book that it's the cover of.

Jimmy
11-08-2007, 05:44 AM
I personally also love Harley Quinn. I'm a big fan of most Batman female villains, except Catwoman. I never was too fond of her.

Anyways, Jimmy, how do you feel about Harley Quinn being a huge Joker fan? Do you like her character or does she annoy you (i've heard other big Joker fans say that before).

I love Harley and I always have. She's a great character, a great partner for the Joker and a great foil for Batman.

The writers have a tendency to write her as being more anti-hero than villain to keep her light but it works.

Jimmy
11-08-2007, 05:51 AM
lol:

Your movie references...oh man, those are wrong as hell. We have established how badly they strayed from the original idea of what Venom is that it was almost criminal. So that entire part of your argument...moot :beat:

As for the main question... is the suit evil? My main point on that score was to say that it attaches itself and amplifies what is already inside of the host. Like acid--but huge.

So the Lion analogy is was about what the thing was born to do, not about the result it inflicts. The antelope dies after all, that seems pretty bad :fairy:. But is the lion "evil" for killing, doing what it does? No and neither is the suit imo.

I was just trying to be funny and discos an easy target. ><

Honestly I fully believe the suit is evil. Nobody ever does good things when they get ahold of Venom. Time after time, the host gets really mean, really insane and very, very hungry for people. In the main Marvel U, in alternate reality stories and in prose, film and animation Venom is always the same.

You're pushing for the "It's not the gun that's bad, but the person who shoots it" approach, but it just doesn't hold water to me. If a gun made people kill no matter who held it, that gun would be evil, regardless of what it was created for. The same goes for the symbiote, it makes people kill people and it takes pleasure from doing it.

Storyslinger
11-08-2007, 06:09 AM
i found this. thought it was funny.

thanos.

Thats hilarious

Matt
11-08-2007, 09:01 AM
lol:

I was just trying to be funny and discos an easy target. ><

Honestly I fully believe the suit is evil. Nobody ever does good things when they get ahold of Venom. Time after time, the host gets really mean, really insane and very, very hungry for people. In the main Marvel U, in alternate reality stories and in prose, film and animation Venom is always the same.

You're pushing for the "It's not the gun that's bad, but the person who shoots it" approach, but it just doesn't hold water to me. If a gun made people kill no matter who held it, that gun would be evil, regardless of what it was created for. The same goes for the symbiote, it makes people kill people and it takes pleasure from doing it.

I guess we'll agree to disagree then. I'll say it one more time though, Venom only amplifies whatever is already in the host.

Parker never killed when he wore the suit (for a long time btw), his frustrations at being Spidey were amplified to the point of violence but that was about it. The suit doesn't make you kill. :D

Rjeso
11-08-2007, 09:09 AM

Oh, wow. That's beyond hilarious.

That's gonna be my new tag line.

Jimmy
11-08-2007, 09:25 AM
I guess we'll agree to disagree then. I'll say it one more time though, Venom only amplifies whatever is already in the host.

Parker never killed when he wore the suit (for a long time btw), his frustrations at being Spidey were amplified to the point of violence but that was about it. The suit doesn't make you kill. :D

Looks that way.

Maybe it was because Spidey was amplified by the Spider God, Eddie Brock never had that to protect him, neither has Mac Gargan.

Matt
11-08-2007, 09:33 AM
Hmmm...good theory. :lol:

Jimmy
11-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Why are you laughing?

Matt
11-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Because we are so off topic it isn't even funny--but I laugh at things that aren't funny all the time. :lol:

Like I said, we'll have to agree to disagree on this point. :couple:

Jimmy
11-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Oh ok. I thought you didn't know about the Spider God. I was all about to trump our argument, darn it!

We're discussing villains, that's on topic isn't it?

Patrick
11-08-2007, 10:11 AM
I don't have any background in whatever the hell you guys are talking about, but this whole conversation still seems on-topic to me.

By the way, Jimmy, regarding the picture you posted upthread saying it didn't actually happen in the book - that's just a comics website ad...?

Jimmy
11-08-2007, 10:14 AM
It's the cover to an Avengers comic.

Patrick
11-08-2007, 10:41 AM

He's fought all those people but never regularly. You never see Spidey swinging through the city and go, "Oh, Thanos is robbing a bank again. Let me go see what's up."

The Captain Universe thing was a ploy to sell comics. The story had no redeeming value, no long term consequences and is never mentioned in the books today. Such ploys as this are still used today, such as this here.

This was a comic book cover? All I see is a Welcome sign for Alvaro's comic book website.

Jimmy
11-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Oops, it canceled the link. Here's the real one.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/7995/newavengers35tc4.jpg

OchrisO
11-08-2007, 12:19 PM

He didn't fight any one of them regularly, but all of them together make up a good percentage of his crime fighting. I also forgot to mention that he's in New Avengers now, so he is back on the cosmic scale again. A lot of new avengers has been earthbound stuff so far, but the Avengers always end up fighting on a cosmic scale. Spider-man did start out just fighting Earthbound villains and such, but I think he has moved beyond that. Nt point in the end is that bringing Venom into the story with his Secret Wars origin isn't the only time by any means that Spider-man's guy policing the streets image has been upset. It gets upset so regularly that it doesn't really hold together anymore.

OchrisO
11-08-2007, 06:54 PM
P.S. How is it that Blake hasn't chimed in on this thread yet?

Erin
11-08-2007, 07:00 PM
For real. Blake? We're waiting!

:taps foot impatiently:

Seymour_Glass
07-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Cassandra Nova.
Best thing to happen to the X-Men since Apocalypse. She is just frickin' scary.
I love her.

flaggwalkstheline
12-09-2008, 05:38 PM
I know I've been posting stuff like this in other other-comics threads but
Norman Osbourne is the BADDEST villain ever
He was the baddest villain around while He was presumed dead 4 30 years (real time), his legacy and technology wreaked constant havok in spiderman comics and when he came back he became even nastier than his reputation

Sam
12-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Meh. Dr. Doom is badder, I mean better.

Sam
12-09-2008, 07:04 PM
My favorite Comic Villain HAS to be the Punisher. If you think he's not a villain, look at what he does. He's just better than those he hunts, that's all.

flaggwalkstheline
12-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Meh. Dr. Doom is badder, I mean better.

I think that da og (original goblin: pun on original gangsta) Has now superceded doom with his secret invasion coup for power, hes no longer just a spiderman villain, Hes THE villain
2009 is the year of goblin

Arthur Heath
12-14-2008, 12:54 PM
I've always been partial to Mr. Sinister. I wish Joss Whedon would write a bad ass Sinister.

fernandito
12-14-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm not much of an X-Men fan, but Mr. Sinister does look bad ass.

flaggwalkstheline
12-14-2008, 02:24 PM
has the story of sinister helping gambit and sunfire after "the blood of apocalypse" story
been resolved yet? I only follow x men sporadically...

Arthur Heath
12-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Sinister wound up biting the dust (as much as any comic character does at least) in the recent Messiah Complex.

flaggwalkstheline
12-14-2008, 03:15 PM
like that'll last lol

Empath of the White
12-16-2008, 07:13 AM
I liked Two-Face in The Long Halloween and Dark Victory. I haven't read any comics with Ra's Al Ghul yet, but based on his role and character in Batman Begins, he seems very interesting.

Oooh, William Grenier, from The Wolves of St. August was pretty cool though. That's a Hellboy story, btw.

flaggwalkstheline
12-16-2008, 02:07 PM
raz al gul was totally changed for the movie
hes an arab eco-terrorist wit ha cult of ninjas who uses magic to keep himself immortal
He thinks batman is the only man suitable to wed his daughter talia
and most importantly
HE IS NOT LIAM NIESON!!!!!!!:panic:

Empath of the White
12-16-2008, 02:43 PM
^ You sound like that lady from the party at the end of BB. "Am I pronouncing it right, Mr. Raz Al Gool?" :P

I gathered as much about Talia from some of her dialogue in Hush. I've been meaning to read up on him some more. I knew about the Lazarus Pit as well from the old cartoon and was disappointed that it wasn't mentioned directly in BB. Anyway, that's kind of what I like about him:

He's virtually immortal, he believes his cause to be noble, and above all he respects his nemesis, Batsy.

flaggwalkstheline
12-16-2008, 03:23 PM
they lamed him up by totally deviating from the source character, I guess it wouldnt work to have magic involved in teh current films and an arab (or middle eastern ) terrorist would be considered "Insensitive"
bahTim Burton and Michael Keaton Made better batman films

Spencer
12-17-2008, 06:08 AM
http://www.cognitivedissident.org/images/20070727-joker1.jpg

The Cosmic Geek
01-12-2009, 07:10 PM
I really like the Scarecrow in Batman.

I think though a villain, or even a hero, is only as good as the writer writing him or her.

Example would be the Rogues for the Flash. Mostly they are lame: Capt. Cold, Boomerang, Mirror Master. But, Geoff Johns took over and started doing some amazing things with them making them every bit as hardcore as any other villain.

Favorite heroes villains have to be hands down the rogues gallery of Batman and Spider-man. They both have some great ones!

turtlex
01-13-2009, 04:59 AM
Villian turned good guy - Dark Phoenix. After all, she did destroy a whole planet before the "good" of JeanGrey came through and then committed suicide in order to stop any further mayhem.

All around villian - Gotta go with Kingpin from Daredevil.

The Cosmic Geek
01-13-2009, 06:52 AM
I remember when Vemon went good. He's an interesting villain for Spidey. Carnage was pretty good too, but they don't do anything with him anymore. Actually, didn't the Sentry kill Carnage? Or did I just make that up?

turtlex
01-13-2009, 07:13 AM
I think Carnage is dead, yes. Not sure when though.

What about Galactus from the Silver Surfer... I mean, he ate planets.

The Cosmic Geek
01-13-2009, 07:29 AM
True, Galactusnis is a pretty bad boy.

When Mark Millar wrote the Marvel Knights Spider-man book he did some good stuff with the villains.

And let's not forget the Joker in The Killing Joke. Soooo good.

Brian Michael Bendis is doing some good stuff with the Spidey villains in Ultimate Spider-man.

cozener
01-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Batman definitely has the best villains. The Joker has always been the best comic book villain. But there's so many more. Twoface...runs a close second...followed by Catwoman. This is just naming a few though...Scarecrow, Maxie Zeus, Deadshot, etc. In fact, I daresay that Batman wouldn't be as cool as he is without the nifty villains he contends with.

I will say though that the one villain I dislike the most also comes from Batman. Penguin. Bores the hell out me.

The Cosmic Geek
01-13-2009, 09:43 AM
I like how Paul Dini writes the Penguin more like a mob boss in the Detective Comics, that works pretty well for him. Dini also had a great thing with The Riddler. Back in Hush, Jeph Loeb had the Riddler figure out Batman's secret identity, which was a great idea. But between that and when Dini took over, The Riddler suffered amnesia and lost that memory. He became somewhat reformed and opened his own detective agency, more of a thorn in Batman's side than a villain, which made for some great stories.

Mr. Zzaz is a great Batman villain and even mentioned in Batman Begins. He's a serial killer who marks himself up for every kill. His body is covered in scars from this.

Brainslinger
01-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Brian Michael Bendis is doing some good stuff with the Spidey villains in Ultimate Spider-man.

I didn't like what they did with the Green Goblin in Ultimate Spiderman. At least I think it was the Green Goblin as he appeared at the end of the first collection, but he wasn't referred to by name. He was a converted Norman Osbourne anyway.

I disliked him because he just seemed to be an evil version of the Hulk (although the Ultimate Hulk is pretty bad.) None of the manic joker-like insanity I imagine the Green Goblin to have.

I rather liked the Ultimate Spiderman overall though (what little I've read.) And I'm not all that into the Ultimate universe.

Brainslinger
01-15-2009, 12:27 PM
This guy has got to be the ultimate evil villain:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/07/magazine_enl_1172492972/img/1.jpg

Judge Death.

He (and the other Dark Judges) come from a parallel universe where he came to the conclusion that since crimes are commited by the living, life itself is a crime. His punishment: Death. He is responsible for committing mass genocide in his own world and ended up crossing over into Dredd's world to continue his mission. After he (and the other Dark Judges) underwent zombification of course.

Not the most 3 dimensional of villains, but one of the most twisted and chilling.

The Cosmic Geek
01-15-2009, 06:11 PM
Dude, that Judge Dredd picture is AWESOME! I really need to read that book.