PDA

View Full Version : DT.Net remembrances, gossip, dirt and flaming. Warning-NSFW May have bouncing boobs

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

shibus
05-06-2011, 02:30 PM
DT.Net remembrances, gossip, innuendo, dirt and flaming

Inspired by recent posts, here is a chance to look back on the Dt.Net days.
Flaming is HIGHLY ENCOURAGED.
Enjoy.

Thanx Bob, It was the part of the deal that made it "Awesome". I remember taking some flak for it back at thedarktower.net. Opinions on market value and all that. Bottom line, the Buyer and the Seller were both happy. Did anything else really matter?

tippy4
05-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Thanx Bob, It was the part of the deal that made it "Awesome". I remember taking some flak for it back at thedarktower.net. Opinions on market value and all that. Bottom line, the Buyer and the Seller were both happy. Did anything else really matter?

I am pretty sure I remember that....mainly because I stumbled across the auction an hour or two after you snagged it and I was pissed off I did not find it first!

If it is the one I am thinking about, the seller was in Riverside...right?

Rahfa
05-07-2011, 05:29 AM
I remember that "$7 into $17" too....don't remember the flack...was it the "flipping?"

My matched DT I-IV (except with an 'author's' copy DT II) and Desperation cost $3350.

Room 217 Caretaker
05-07-2011, 05:44 AM
I remember that "$7 into $17" too....don't remember the flack...was it the "flipping?"

My matched DT I-IV (except with an 'author's' copy DT II) and Desperation cost $3350.

Yes, it was the flipping that caused the flack. A bunch of members that used to be on that site loved it when you told a story about getting a good deal but when you mention you made a profit they would attack. I quit posting anything when it came to flipping a book.

Some people continue today to believe that you can't make decent money from selling King books. I've bettered my collection by flipping books and taking the profit to buy others to sit in The Closet.

OK. I'm off my bandwagon. Let the bashing begin.

Ralph Mulleins

Rahfa
05-07-2011, 06:35 AM
Yeah, I remember the flack was that everybody saw what a great deal it was, THEN it immediately got resold and people got bent out of shape. Let's face it, everyone was (legitimately) jealous...haha...

Cook
05-07-2011, 06:39 AM

Yes, it was the flipping that caused the flack. A bunch of members that used to be on that site loved it when you told a story about getting a good deal but when you mention you made a profit they would attack. I quit posting anything when it came to flipping a book.

Some people continue today to believe that you can't make decent money from selling King books. I've bettered my collection by flipping books and taking the profit to buy others to sit in The Closet.

OK. I'm off my bandwagon. Let the bashing begin.

Ralph Mulleins

I funded 80% of my collection by doing the same.
I'm not wealthy, I can't afford to buy $500.00 books week after week.
I joined eBay when they 1st started and used to sell fantasy & digest magazines (I generally spent a dollar) at auction for crazy amounts.
$30.00 each was pretty common. Then I flipped to Upgrade. I'm not huge like some but I'm proud of the end result.
Every book I own has a story.

tippy4
05-07-2011, 07:30 AM
I am pretty sure I remember that....mainly because I stumbled across the auction an hour or two after you snagged it and I was pissed off I did not find it first!

If it is the one I am thinking about, the seller was in Riverside...right?

He was. I met him out there to pick them up. The buyer was in the UK and the dollar was not worth much to the pound at the time.

That just pissed me off even more because I live closer to Riverside than you do!

I remember cursing your name ala that scene in Star Trek 2.

SHIBUSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

:P

It was the deal of a lifetime....great price, and no risk as you got to inspect the books before you paid for them.

tippy4
05-07-2011, 07:49 AM

Ralph Mulleins

Yes, I used to catch flack for that too.

Man...some of the folks back on the DTNET were wound up too tight.

I recall selling a couple of DT2s on ebay that Phil Hale had signed at "Palavercon" (and this was before he ever signed any books for Grant) and the outcry about this was ridiculous!

You would think I was selling blood diamonds!

Room 217 Caretaker
05-07-2011, 07:58 AM

Ralph Mulleins

Yes, I used to catch flack for that too.

Man...some of the folks back on the DTNET were wound up too tight.

I recall selling a couple of DT2s on ebay that Phil Hale had signed at "Palavercon" (and this was before he ever signed any books for Grant) and the outcry about this was ridiculous!

You would think I was selling blood diamonds!

:orely: I wonder who helped get you those books

tippy4
05-07-2011, 08:01 AM
I will never tell.

I was sworn to secrecy to protect that person from the crazies at DTNET.

Randall Flagg
05-07-2011, 08:50 AM
There were a few communists at dt.net. We also weren't allowed to have our own random comments thread-then we were allowed, then we weren't again. It was ridiculous.

Rahfa
05-07-2011, 02:35 PM
That wouldn't make them communists - which would be "all threads are created equal," but facists, "only our threads are acceptable!"

Randall Flagg
05-07-2011, 06:58 PM
That wouldn't make them communists - which would be "all threads are created equal," but facists, "only our threads are acceptable!"

They were Communists in that they didn't believe in Capitalism. I perceived that they wanted everyone to be poor-thus equal. The Facist part was their dictating everything.
Not being erudite, I won't debate the differences between the two, but either way, DT.net doesn't exist anymore.

Room 217 Caretaker
05-08-2011, 04:08 AM

They were Communists in that they didn't believe in Capitalism. I perceived that they wanted everyone to be poor-thus equal. The Facist part was their dictating everything.
Not being erudite, I won't debate the differences between the two, but either way, DT.net doesn't exist anymore.

DENNIS: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
HELP! HELP! I'm being repressed!
ARTHUR: Bloody peasant!
DENNIS: Oh, what a give away. Did you here that, did you here that,
eh? That's what I'm on about -- did you see him repressing me,
you saw it didn't you?

Rahfa
05-08-2011, 05:56 AM
Yeah, that's true...they did manage a good combination of communism and facism...impressive!

It was like no one had the right to do what they wanted unless it fit what everybody else was doing too...so that was pretty communisitic, I guess.

Brice
05-08-2011, 06:19 AM
Communist or fascist some people just embraced the opportunity to act like asses over there....sadly I must say myself included on occassions.

carlosdetweiller
05-08-2011, 06:44 AM
I have to say that I either did not notice or did not pay attention to those attitudes on the other site. Of course, I am just a poster and not a moderator. I guess I attributed thoughts or attitudes of others that were different from mine as "East Coast" or "West Coast" bias. Liberal ideas vs. my predominately conservative views.

I do think this site is a little sugary. Oversweet to my tastes, but I understand not wanting to hurt the feelings of other posters. As I have said before, I cut my internet teeth on the usenet site "alt.books.stephen_king." It was not a touchy-feely place and flame throwing was not only allowed but encouraged. You had to put on your internet armor every day and wade right in if you wanted to take part. I miss the opportunity to call someone an idiot when they are and, if the truth be told, miss others calling me on my bullshit when it is deserved.

For you old timers from the usenet days: Do you remember Dani K.? Now that was one venomous, mean woman!

tippy4
05-08-2011, 06:53 AM
I was actually kicked of of the DTNET, and I believe that the majority of the reason behind that was because I was viewed as an evil capitalist.

I got into an argument with a jackass moderator on that site, and when I asked the question why they had a problem with me putting up stuff for sale, but did not have a problem with him literally begging for money from the other members so he could go to their convention...well that was the beginning of the end for me.

Then the site's co-owner accused me of being in contact with some former employees of her's (which was untrue), and one thing led to another, and I was given the boot.

Anyhow, yes there were a lot of communist/fascists types over there. Good riddance I say. I imagine they are all sitting around a campfire, holding hands right now singing cumbaya as I write this.

biomieg
05-08-2011, 08:11 AM
Great Monty Python reference, Ralph!

And Bob, you and anyone else are free to call me an idiot whenever I behave like one. Does that make you feel better?

(for example, I'm pretty sure my erratic collecting behavior alone is reason enough - "ooh, I like proofs! Give me all your proofs! Nah, you know what? I'm selling my proofs... I want to get a UK CARRIE 1st instead. Hmm, now I've got my CARRIE, what's next? Oh yeahhhh... let's sell half of my collection because it doesn't live up to my new and improved standards!! And you know wat? I'm NOT interested in signed books and proud of it!! Let's buy a UK S/L UNDER THE DOME! Etcetera...)

Idiot!

Cook
05-08-2011, 08:29 AM
I agree with Michaël,
Call it like you see it, tell it like it is.
I'd rather know if I'm being a jackass, just tell me.
I personally have never cared for being "Vague".. I've pretty much always been outspoken.
I'm trying to be better since I've joined this site. I do like the camaraderie here.
So if I'm being out of line.. let me know.

Brice
05-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Well, we prefer people not get overly abusive, but when someone's being an ass I know I'd tell them for sure...and I have. :) I expect others to do the same for me.

Randall Flagg
05-08-2011, 11:00 AM
I was actually kicked of of the DTNET, and I believe that the majority of the reason behind that was because I was viewed as an evil capitalist.

I got into an argument with a jackass moderator on that site, and when I asked the question why they had a problem with me putting up stuff for sale, but did not have a problem with him literally begging for money from the other members so he could go to their convention...well that was the beginning of the end for me.

Then the site's co-owner accused me of being in contact with some former employees of her's (which was untrue), and one thing led to another, and I was given the boot.

Anyhow, yes there were a lot of communist/fascists types over there. Good riddance I say. I imagine they are all sitting around a campfire, holding hands right now singing cumbaya as I write this.
You mean this lady isn't your buddy?:

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/7526/sedonaus.jpg

tippy4
05-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Yeah...that would be the one.

That is not you with her in the photo is it (sorry I am not good with face and names...as far as I know Jerome, you actually are a crow with boots!)?

Robert Fulman
05-08-2011, 11:26 AM
I have to say that I either did not notice or did not pay attention to those attitudes on the other site. Of course, I am just a poster and not a moderator. I guess I attributed thoughts or attitudes of others that were different from mine as "East Coast" or "West Coast" bias. Liberal ideas vs. my predominately conservative views.

I do think this site is a little sugary. Oversweet to my tastes, but I understand not wanting to hurt the feelings of other posters. As I have said before, I cut my internet teeth on the usenet site "alt.books.stephen_king." It was not a touchy-feely place and flame throwing was not only allowed but encouraged. You had to put on your internet armor every day and wade right in if you wanted to take part. I miss the opportunity to call someone an idiot when they are and, if the truth be told, miss others calling me on my bullshit when it is deserved.

For you old timers from the usenet days: Do you remember Dani K.? Now that was one venomous, mean woman!

This might be the stupidest thing I've ever read on this site.

tippy4
05-08-2011, 11:36 AM

Randall Flagg
05-08-2011, 12:23 PM
No. That is the guy from the site that she left Robert Weiner for. He was from Atlanta (I can't recall his name). Last I heard from her years ago she was in Sedona, Arizona living with her sister and broke while trying to dispute the Pre-Nup she signed with Robert.

Cook
05-08-2011, 01:01 PM
And I thought the flatsigned story (drama) was good.
This is awesome :thumbsup:

Brice
05-08-2011, 01:25 PM
You've NO idea what drama is. :rofl: .net had legendary drama.

Can a sentence legitimately begin and end with a period? :orely:

jhanic
05-08-2011, 01:32 PM
I tried to stay out of the drama at the old site. It's just not my thing.

John

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-08-2011, 02:18 PM
I want more dirt from the old site. It was before my time so any "juice" is most welcome. How about a whole new thread. Extra flaming most apprecieated!

Randall Flagg
05-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Inspired by recent posts, here is a chance to look back on the Dt.Net days.
Flaming is HIGHLY ENCOURAGED.
Enjoy.

Patrick
05-08-2011, 03:13 PM
The collectors' forum over there was pretty mellow, despite the craziness in some other forums. Most of the mods were cool over at TDT.net. However a select few had very short fuses and were a step or two on the wrong side of the sanity line. Sometimes when things got heated, those particular mods (who otherwise stayed clear of the forum) would come in and turn manageable conflict into spiraling-out-of-control drama.

That's my recollection.

Oh, and I am still bitter that the original "A Side Bar" thread (started by yours truly), which actually had a purpose, was closed with no real defensible logic.

By the way, the issue with non-forum mods coming in and blowing up the drama at TDT.net is exactly what Matt did a great job of managing to avoid when he set up TDT.com.

He set up .com such that mods did not have universal power, they could only mod in their own forums, specifically because of what we all saw go down at .net.

Brice
05-08-2011, 03:26 PM
I know, Patrick! Otherwise I'd have started flame wars all over the site. ;)

Patrick
05-08-2011, 03:28 PM
I know, Patrick! Otherwise I'd have started flame wars all over the site. ;)
Fucker.

Brice
05-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Bitch! <_<

Fuck this! I'm leaving the internetz FOREVER!!!!!

jhanic
05-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Language, Patrick, language! :P

John

Brice
05-08-2011, 03:32 PM
That's bad! Members correcting staff for losing control.

Kinda' reminds me of old times. :D

Patrick
05-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Well, that asshole Bob called us namby-pamby, so this is what you get.

I'm LMAO as write this stuff, so I hope the casual observer understands this is all meant in good humor.

Luv U 4-evah, Brice, John and Bob!

Brice
05-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Conversely I am 100% serious.

:grouphug: j/k of course

....bitches <_<

carlosdetweiller
05-08-2011, 04:32 PM

THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Randall Flagg
05-08-2011, 05:03 PM

THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout!
One more word from you and you get a 24 hour Mod queue-I am not kidding.

Room 217 Caretaker
05-08-2011, 05:07 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

different_seasons
05-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Remember the fighting with the owner of the compenduim (Anthony?). http://www.darktowercompendium.com/

Randall Flagg
05-08-2011, 05:36 PM
I remember that Kenny was dramatic. The only way to reel him in was to put him in charge. I also remember animated Gifs.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg294/baz34/bouncing-boobs.gif

Cook
05-08-2011, 05:40 PM
I remember that Kenny was dramatic. The only way to reel him in was to put him in charge. I also remember animated Gifs.

Well RF you've definitely peeked my curiosity ? (it's not very Giffy)

Cook
05-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Ok now it is (giffy that is)

ICry4Oy
05-08-2011, 05:42 PM

Well there goes lunch.

Randall Flagg
05-08-2011, 05:46 PM
In the Dt.net days, small (~100x100) animated gifs were allowed as avatars. I started using "bouncing boobs" as my avatar, trying to change them once a week. Many members liked the idea, many were ambivilent, and a small number didn't like them. When one member transitioned from being wild and crazy to being a Moderator, he pitched a fit and the fun was ended.

carlosdetweiller
05-08-2011, 05:55 PM
I also remember animated Gifs.

That girl has her own website (or used to). For a small monthly fee you can get MUCH better than that (or so the website claims). She was all the rage a few years ago.

Merlin1958
05-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Several things come to mind in regards to DT.net. One is "The Road Virus" who seemed to be a reincanation of a Hitler "go to guy". I remember, I think it was "Tyler", not being very hands on and I remember the battles online regarding King's use of the WTC so soon after it happened. Admittingly, I was very sensitive regarding the subject at the time, and still am to a degree, having been there and all, but they just had such a "Our opinion is correct and yours is not" attitude.

In retrospect, they were kinda "facists" over there. LOL LOL "Cyberghostface" was a bit more angry as I recall in those days!!!! LOL LOL

Whatever the case, it seems "all's good" these days. The DT.Org is a really great site comparatively. Maybe experience makes the difference??????

Fsmdr
05-08-2011, 07:24 PM
I didn't have much issues over there as I was a new collector at the time. I participated briefly but not as much as the general group.

However, close to the ending of the site, a prominent member ( he might have been a mod as well, if I remembered right), commented in the line of his feelings that the site may as well shut down as the 'quality' of the collectors in that forum were not 'up to par' as it used to be. I took personal offence in that being a fairly new member at the time. I can't believe someone would ever say something like that!. What a creep!.

tippy4
05-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Wow....quite the trip down memory lane.

And on another note....Can't....look....away....from....bouncing. ...boobs.

Remember the giveaways? All the touchy-feely members giving away items like Robin Hood? Commie bastards.

And all the god-damn hugging. I was so damn tired of the "huggles" and all the other bullshit.

oy-the-brave
05-08-2011, 07:53 PM

Remember the giveaways? All the touchy-feely members giving away items like Robin Hood? Commie bastards.

And all the god-damn hugging. I was so damn tired of the "huggles" and all the other bullshit.

There was a lot of shit that went on back in the day and there were more than a few in charge that did not like "collectors" but don't be baggin on the giveaways :P I have a Whelan painting (non Dark Tower) I got from Mike the starter of the giveaways (and I gave away some nice goodies myself).

Fsmdr
05-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Do you guys remembered 'yellowviper'?. Wondered whatever happened to him...he was a big seller of King item as well back in the days. Great guy and top notch seller.

Patrick
05-08-2011, 07:55 PM
My earliest member of Randall Flagg is all the bouncing boob gifs. :thumbsup:

Kenny was a great mod, so was Airtraffic.

It was certain non-forum mods that dog-piled on things like a respectful, but determined debate between Kenny and Rick. At least that's how I recall it.

EDIT: I never knew Road Virus, he was before my time, but his reputation was pretty negative.

Bethany
05-08-2011, 07:58 PM
You guys are making me wish I would have ventured up out of the depths of AE more.

tippy4
05-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Do you guys remembered 'yellowviper'?. Wondered whatever happened to him...he was a big seller of King item as well back in the days. Great guy and top notch seller.

He is yellowviper01viper on ebay.

No activity for a while.

Patrick
05-08-2011, 08:01 PM

:lol: Mike started those giveaways. I wasn't a recipient of any of his, but I have to say, they were pretty cool.

Even after you got banned, Rick, I kept your awesome quote in my signature block.

Brice, along with Jean, were and still are the kings of huggles. That's why all the hot internet chicks love them.

Fsmdr
05-08-2011, 08:04 PM

He is yellowviper01viper on ebay.

No activity for a while.

Nope...he seems to have dropped out completely.

John Blaze
05-08-2011, 09:20 PM
I'm loving this thread, it's been a long time......remember the infamous dick shot? lol.

shibus
05-08-2011, 11:48 PM
That's what I like most about you guys. Come back after 24 hours and sometimes there's a whole new world. Thanx for the credit of starting this thread. I too remember a few knuckleheads back then with a lot of hostility. With regards to the DT set I sold. On top of the crap that was posted on the site, I received some nasty e-mails from a few of the above named. I had upgraded the Slipcase on the Gunslinger and was pretty hammered on how I made 10K for that simple change. I never got a second one though after I responded with "Yeah, Pretty cool Huh? Oh, and it was 10.5"... I was asked to leave soon after that. Looks like I was in good company.

CRinVA
05-09-2011, 04:20 AM
I was but a fly on the wall at the old site! Was ever so glad to jump ship when Matt started this site up! Now I'm only a fly on the wall occassionally! :-)

biomieg
05-09-2011, 04:23 AM
Greg, seriously? This makes me somewhat glad that I never was a DT.net member. I'm generally a pretty easygoing fellow but I have had my share of 'fights' over the Internet on a couple of other fora (not related to King or book collecting in general) - I have a short fuse when I feel I'm not treated with respect and a VERY short fuse when I'm not given the opportunity to explain myself properly.

Anyway, I've never felt that TDT.com/.org is too sugary (as Bob put it). It's just the way it is and I enjoy it very much (although idiots trying to sell us copies of The Star Invaders are always a welcome diversion). Maybe we're simply a group of exceptionally mature individuals who don't need to engage in pissing contests to reaffirm our moral superiority? :)

carlosdetweiller
05-09-2011, 04:44 AM
Anyway, I've never felt that TDT.com/.org is too sugary (as Bob put it). It's just the way it is and I enjoy it very much (although idiots trying to sell us copies of The Star Invaders are always a welcome diversion). Maybe we're simply a group of exceptionally mature individuals who don't need to engage in pissing contests to reaffirm our moral superiority? :)

Yes, that's it. I probably misspoke. The old usenet group alt.books.stephen_king wasn't subdivided into categories or threads. It was just one continuous dialogue that encompassed all topics related to Stephen King. Most of the venom and flaming probably occurred with topics other than collecting. Since I hardly ever venture from Calvin's Corner I am not aware of other topics of discussion on this site where there is more potential for contention.

I do remember one guy on alt.books.stephen_king named Michael who lived (or was stationed) in Korea. He claimed for months that Cycle of the Werewolf was originally a novella in DIFFERENT SEASONS and (supposedly) had the book to prove it. I'm sure he was baiting me but I really took it hook, line and sinker and debated the guy for a long time. I should have dropped it long before I did.

And then there was one guy named Robert who insisted that he could tell who wrote which parts in THE TALISMAN, despite Straub and King claiming that even they had forgotten and, since they imitated each others style, it was impossible to know. Peter Straub used to read the newsgroup from time to time and even he was baited into joining the discussion.

LadyHitchhiker
05-09-2011, 04:51 AM
I'm mad because I spent $20 to be a sponsored member or whatever you want to call it, and I only got to enjoy it for like a month and a half before the site closed.

But I can't be too mad about .net. I've found some of the most beautiful people in my life there. Where would I be without them, now?

And that's not sugary, you commie bastards! That's the damn truth!

J/k about the commie bastards part... sounded funny at the time... but it is the truth. I don't know where I would be without people like Jon, Letti, Jean, Linda, John Blaze, (to name a few) etc.,. who have always been there for me.

Erin
05-09-2011, 05:39 AM
I'm loving this thread, it's been a long time......remember the infamous dick shot? lol.

Yes! :rofl:

Man, I miss .net sometimes.

Bethany
05-09-2011, 05:46 AM
Now I'm all nostalgic and junk.
The South Thread is where I hung out for the most part. The Palaverites scared me. :scared:

LadyHitchhiker
05-09-2011, 05:47 AM
I was everywhere... I feel a little intimidated and like a lesser Sai King fan by the dedication of some of the collectors out there on this site... not that I don't appreciate the collections... but I feel less worthy in that respect.

I started my parodies there on .net! *sighs*

And the Hasselhoff thread was GLORIOUS! Letti would agree.

My home is where my friends are though, and this home is what we make of it and it is amazing.

Robert Fulman
05-09-2011, 05:50 AM
Lest anyone forget that the internet never forgets: discussion on "Cycle of the Werewolf (http://groups.google.com/group/alt.books.stephen-king/browse_thread/thread/3adb882de9becdff/b6bae82b6cba7d35?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=%22Cycle+of+the+Werewolf%22+%22Different+Seasons %22#b6bae82b6cba7d35)".

biomieg
05-09-2011, 05:53 AM
The old usenet group alt.books.stephen_king wasn't subdivided into categories or threads. It was just one continuous dialogue that encompassed all topics related to Stephen King. Most of the venom and flaming probably occurred with topics other than collecting. Since I hardly ever venture from Calvin's Corner I am not aware of other topics of discussion on this site where there is more potential for contention.

I'm pretty sure there's some healthy discussion going on right now about the death of Osama Bin laden in which Terry is involved (not in Osama's death but in the discussion). But most collectors don't leave The Corner very often and we seem to be a pretty peaceful, if somewhat isolated, subpopulation of the forum.

Maybe we could go look in the other subforums, wreak some havoc and piss off some of the non-collectors on the forum? Should be fun...

Robert Fulman
05-09-2011, 05:53 AM
(by the way, it drives me crazy that this forum uses the same color font, and doesn't underline, links.)

LadyHitchhiker
05-09-2011, 05:55 AM
I collect rhinoceros figurines.. that's enough of a challenge for me. I generally find one a year to add to it and I've been doing it for 9 years... :) I lost a few in leaving my husband, because he "can't find them" but that's okay... I've got the most important ones.

biomieg
05-09-2011, 05:56 AM
Lest anyone forget that the internet never forgets: discussion on "Cycle of the Werewolf (http://groups.google.com/group/alt.books.stephen-king/browse_thread/thread/3adb882de9becdff/b6bae82b6cba7d35?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=%22Cycle+of+the+Werewolf%22+%22Different+Seasons %22#b6bae82b6cba7d35)".

Hey, thanks for digging that up! And you can underline the links yourself, it's a mediocre solution but it works.

Bethany
05-09-2011, 06:06 AM
The old usenet group alt.books.stephen_king wasn't subdivided into categories or threads. It was just one continuous dialogue that encompassed all topics related to Stephen King. Most of the venom and flaming probably occurred with topics other than collecting. Since I hardly ever venture from Calvin's Corner I am not aware of other topics of discussion on this site where there is more potential for contention.

I'm pretty sure there's some healthy discussion going on right now about the death of Osama Bin laden in which Terry is involved (not in Osama's death but in the discussion). But most collectors don't leave The Corner very often and we seem to be a pretty peaceful, if somewhat isolated, subpopulation of the forum.

Maybe we could go look in the other subforums, wreak some havoc and piss off some of the non-collectors on the forum? Should be fun...

I think you guys should! It is easier for ya'll to infiltrate the masses than for some of us dust jacket throwing away people to pretend to be a collecter.

Randall Flagg
05-09-2011, 06:23 AM
(by the way, it drives me crazy that this forum uses the same color font, and doesn't underline, links.)
I am still trying to fix that. It sucks, but a workaround is to click on Underline after you insert the hyperlink.

Dolso
05-09-2011, 07:08 AM
I probably didn't even know how to turn on a computer in those days much less participate........

[/QUOTE]

I think you guys should! It is easier for ya'll to infiltrate the masses than for some of us dust jacket throwing away people to pretend to be a collecter.[/QUOTE]

Actually, 99% of us are just pretending too!!! (and feel free to throw those dust jackets my way!)

Amazingly, I want to hear more about the "dick shot"..is it something I can use in my avatar? or sig?

Dick

Bethany
05-09-2011, 07:09 AM
Hehehe! I never thought about giving my dust jackets to someone. I'll keep that in mind the next time one of them causes me to have a come apart :D

jhanic
05-09-2011, 07:15 AM
i didn't even know the alt-books site was still around. I just enrolled. (I still plan on spending most of my time here, though.)

John

carlosdetweiller
05-09-2011, 07:20 AM

That's insane. I had no idea that stuff was still around. I got so tired of Michael claiming to have a book with COTW as a novella in DIFFERENT SEASONS that I actually bet him $1000 that he couldn't produce it for us to see. We got Stu Tinker to act as the unbiased judge. I sent Stu a check for $1000 that was to be sent to Michael when and if he sent a book that satisfied Stu that it was real. Of course I knew that he had no such book and, looking back, I can't believe I went that far in playing along with him. That guy really got under my skin and I'm sure that was his intent.

Sir_Boomme
05-09-2011, 07:39 AM

ha ha...bob.... you should try out the political and religious threads here... sometimes not so sugary... I've pissed off more than my share in those.

BTW... flipping... don't do it myself.... but if people didn't do it... and hung on to everything they bought... I wouldn't have a tenth of my collection... thank goodness for betts, hutch and you other flippers (though I have a sneaky suspicion david the wiz hangs one to the bestest stuff for himself :) )

BTW.... I was pissed off at that that DT .net for a while... it killed my Kings Closet yahoo group when dt.net took over the king internet world. (and my Kings Closet yahoo group was a replacement for Jon's yahoo group that he closed.)

Sir_Boomme
05-09-2011, 07:48 AM
In the Dt.net days, small (~100x100) animated gifs were allowed as avatars. I started using "bouncing boobs" as my avatar, trying to change them once a week. Many members liked the idea, many were ambivilent, and a small number didn't like them. When one member transitioned from being wild and crazy to being a Moderator, he pitched a fit and the fun was ended.

I sooooooo remember the bouncy boobs.
I always looked forward to your posts!

Sir_Boomme
05-09-2011, 08:01 AM

There was a lot of shit that went on back in the day and there were more than a few in charge that did not like "collectors" but don't be baggin on the giveaways :P I have a Whelan painting (non Dark Tower) I got from Mike the starter of the giveaways (and I gave away some nice goodies myself).

not to down the DT.net, but actually....as some can here can attest too, I gave away some nice stuff on in the King's closet group well before the DT net existed.

I think one of our members here won a couple of poetry contests and got a prize... ( I forget what it was)
bob.... do you have that winning poem still?

and I know there were several trivia questions from the KingsCloset trivia contest that were used in Bev King trivia book
http://www.amazon.com/Illustrated-Stephen-King-Trivia-Book/dp/1587671085

Brice
05-09-2011, 08:13 AM
I probably didn't even know how to turn on a computer in those days much less participate........

I think you guys should! It is easier for ya'll to infiltrate the masses than for some of us dust jacket throwing away people to pretend to be a collecter.

Actually, 99% of us are just pretending too!!! (and feel free to throw those dust jackets my way!)

Amazingly, I want to hear more about the "dick shot"..is it something I can use in my avatar? or sig?

Dick

Suffice it t say you'd be banned by probably the first staff member to see it...and most of the regular members would WANT to ban you themselves. :lol:

Ric
05-09-2011, 08:18 AM
And then there was one guy named Robert who insisted that he could tell who wrote which parts in THE TALISMAN, despite Straub and King claiming that even they had forgotten and, since they imitated each others style, it was impossible to know. Peter Straub used to read the newsgroup from time to time and even he was baited into joining the discussion.

Robert Whelan. I spent more time arguing with him than is healthy. What a self-important putz he was (is?)

There sure were some barn burning flamefests back then on Usenet. Very funny to look back on now :lol:

Rahfa
05-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Robert Whelan!

Wow, that is a name I haven't heard in a long, long time...yeah, he was complete hater on any SK book past Dead Zone. There was some actual speculation that he was SK himself dogging out the fans he supposedly hated.

I will say this, he and I did see somewhat eye-to-eye on the Revised Stand. I guess I didn't hate it nearly as much as he did, but compared to the original, the revision is very bloated.

LadyHitchhiker
05-09-2011, 02:01 PM
I remember how many people were getting banned left and right.

One was so cruel to me, that I only started playing the person above you game the last few years here... I wouldn't even GO in that thread.

Brice
05-09-2011, 02:22 PM
I was even banned permanently...for a day.

LadyHitchhiker
05-09-2011, 02:27 PM
*gasps* Not YOU Brice!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

I think I was close... They were mad that I made multiple posts rather than combining... and I think they thought I overposted and went way too much off topic. I try to rein it in a little bit here...

Brice
05-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Oh, I kinda' deserved it. I was a bit mischievious at times. That time I merely dared to question a mod in public about a decision they made and wouldn't back down.

LadyHitchhiker
05-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Oh I got the whole counting warning..

"LadyHitchhiker, that's your first warning...."

Jon was the most gentle a moderator with me, I believe, and tended to encourage me on going off topic... :wub: back in the days when he was Walter O'Dim...

Brice
05-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Oh, I got the counting warning too. In true megalmaniacal fashion I used my posts in between to furthur argue and incite the mod. :evil: Then the next day I was unbanned by one of the admins and within days was loaning out my alternate accounts to others who were banned. I did totally lose one of my accounts to a ban though. <_< See actually when I was banned I had two accounts banned simultaneously and only one unbanned.

LadyHitchhiker
05-09-2011, 02:44 PM
:wtf: You're awesome! :)

And look, we're in this new environment, being generally supportive yet mischevious and no warnings...

yet... There's still time...

What I liked to do, is get the warning in one thread, then go to another thread and overpost or cause mischief in another. Then I'd get another one, and go onto another, or loiter in games for a while.

Brice
05-09-2011, 02:46 PM
I stopped my REAL mischief before I came to .com/.org.

John Blaze
05-09-2011, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=biomieg;609742]
Lol, I found a box full of dust jackets in my laundry room the other day, I'm trying to match it up to the books in my bookshelf. I just hate reading books while they are wearing the jackets.

LadyHitchhiker
05-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Well REAL mischief I left behind too.... I've been a good..ish girl!

Not that I was ever really THAT bad... I don't think. Just trying to keep .net alive... I guess some people wanted it dead..

well if they didn't it would still be around!

Randall Flagg
05-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Unfortunately I had to give Brice 99 infraction points for post whoring. I did however only ban him for 1 hour.
If any other member wishes to be banned temporarily, please let me know.:wtf:

Bethany
05-09-2011, 04:56 PM
[QUOTE=biomieg;609742]
Lol, I found a box full of dust jackets in my laundry room the other day, I'm trying to match it up to the books in my bookshelf. I just hate reading books while they are wearing the jackets.

LOL :couple:

I was too timid and nervous when I was at .net to get in to any trouble.

LadyHitchhiker
05-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Oh thaaaat's right... that's what they used to call me... postwhore... :wtf:

Jon
05-09-2011, 05:27 PM
No bigger postwhore than Mike" Regulator" ________g.

(And I am sure I made a grammatical error he would correct.)

LadyHitchhiker
05-09-2011, 05:33 PM
No bigger... but that still doesn't mean I wasn't a postwhore, apparently! :wtf:

tippy4
05-09-2011, 06:35 PM

:lol: Mike started those giveaways. I wasn't a recipient of any of his, but I have to say, they were pretty cool.

Even after you got banned, Rick, I kept your awesome quote in my signature block.

Brice, along with Jean, were and still are the kings of huggles. That's why all the hot internet chicks love them.

I'm holding my ground on the giveaways...too touchy-feely. Then when a guy like Shibus comes along telling people how he made a killing on a set of books he sold, he is shunned like the devil.

And I thank you for keeping me alive with my quote Patrick....but I have to confess something to you....I snuck back over the wall under another name.

I swear to god that if anyone gives me a "huggle"...they will be beaten with a stick.

Patrick
05-09-2011, 09:11 PM
:lol:

Merlin1958
05-09-2011, 10:01 PM

Jon was the most gentle a moderator with me, I believe, and tended to encourage me on going off topic... :wub: back in the days when he was Walter O'Dim...

"Jon" from DT.org was "Walter O'Dim on TDT.net? I remember him as a cool guy back then as he remains to this day!!!!!

Merlin1958
05-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Dolso? Last thing you want to call attention to is your "Dick". As Robert DeNiro would say, "I've heard things" LOL LOL LOL

oy-the-brave
05-09-2011, 10:24 PM

"Jon" from DT.org was "Walter O'Dim on TDT.net? I remember him as a cool guy back then as he remains to this day!!!!!

I met Jon at Palavercon He definately is a "cool guy"

Brice
05-10-2011, 12:48 AM
*huggles Tippy* :lol:?

Sorry, I had to.

Jerome: :rofl:

Brice
05-10-2011, 12:52 AM
You

Brice
05-10-2011, 12:53 AM
have

Brice
no

Brice
idea

Brice
05-10-2011, 12:54 AM
of

Brice
how

Brice
much

Brice
05-10-2011, 12:55 AM
I

Brice
05-10-2011, 12:58 AM
can

Brice
05-10-2011, 12:58 AM
postwhore

Brice
05-10-2011, 12:59 AM

Brice
05-10-2011, 12:59 AM

Brice
05-10-2011, 01:01 AM
Jon, yeah his 3 accounts outposted my 10, but to be fair it's a bitch logging in and out of accounts to converse with yourself. :lol:

And yes, he would. :rofl:

Room 217 Caretaker
05-10-2011, 02:22 AM
If anyone just happens to come along and reads this thread they would swear we are all part of a strange King "under the thread" experiment.

Mulleins

biomieg
05-10-2011, 03:41 AM
I've enjoyed myself reading some random posts on the newsgroup. There's something fascinating about reading all this stuff that was posted as early as 1994. And very cool that Peter Straub was an active participant in many discussions!

CRinVA
05-10-2011, 04:33 AM

not to down the DT.net, but actually....as some can here can attest too, I gave away some nice stuff on in the King's closet group well before the DT net existed.

I think one of our members here won a couple of poetry contests and got a prize... ( I forget what it was)
bob.... do you have that winning poem still?

and I know there were several trivia questions from the KingsCloset trivia contest that were used in Bev King trivia book
http://www.amazon.com/Illustrated-Stephen-King-Trivia-Book/dp/1587671085

Terry - yep King's Closet was the first appearance of my poem and the 1st Place Winner! I can't remember what the prize was :-) but I do remember that it was "not bad" and I also remember that the second place winner was a Bev Vincent Poem. So where is that poem today? Well look no further than my signature for access to it. I did submit it to The the third Stephen King Special Issue Lighthouse VI and it was published in 2006! My only professional sale to date! That would have made the King's Closet appearance in 2005!

So I have to thank Terry for having the contest and getting me motivated to writing CAN 'Ka No Rey and ultimately getting it published!

And another small story about this poem. I showed it to Stu and Penny tinker and they lvoed it! Stu suggested I send a copy to Stephen King! I got an extra copy from the publisher and editor Paul Calvin Wilson of Calvin House in England and mailed off to Stephen King's office with two letters; one to Marsha explaining what it was and one tuckede inside to Stephen King. Unfortunately I never did hear back anything so I have no idea if Stephen King ever read my epic Dark Tower Poem or not! :-)

Bev Vincent
05-10-2011, 05:34 AM
absk was the place to be back in the day. It's where I first made some very strong connections with insiders. And it was fun, fun, fun (x2) when The Green Mile came out and we were all reading the same book at the same pace at the same time.

Iwritecode
05-10-2011, 05:37 AM
Jon, yeah his 3 accounts outposted my 10, but to be fair it's a bitch logging in and out of accounts to converse with yourself. :lol:

It's easy if you have more than one web browser. Firefox and Chrome for example. I've done it with Facebook before.

Brice
05-10-2011, 06:01 AM

It's easy if you have more than one web browser. Firefox and Chrome for example. I've done it with Facebook before.

Try it with a forum...not this one please. My experience is it doesn't work unless you use differing IPs. Anyhow I only use/have one account here.

Ari_Racing
05-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Remember the fighting with the owner of the compenduim (Anthony?). http://www.darktowercompendium.com/

Alright, I don't remember this and I'm curious about it! What happened?

He commented in the line of his feelings that the site may as well shut down as the 'quality' of the collectors in that forum were not 'up to par' as it used to be.

I remember something about this. It was near the end of the forum nevertheless.

Not to down the DT.net, but actually....as some can here can attest too, I gave away some nice stuff on in the King's closet group well before the DT net existed.

Of course! I even remember that the first email I ever sent in english King-Related it was to you through that group! I can't remember about what, but I do remember the group (and I also learned there that "shit" sometimes is a good thing (you used the expression "give away some shit").

AND I'll never forget about Jerome's postings with his animated gifs. Besides the boobs, I remember one of V for Vendetta (knives rolling).

I didn't pay too much attention to many of the posters and the attitudes mentioned before, but there were two attitudes I didn't like at all. One was from Jonathan Reitan (Jreittan), who was one of the sponsors of a trivia contest that took place in the chat group of Skeemers. I was the winner of it and the price was the F&SF magazine that contains Everything's Eventual. Not only he never sent the price (I don't give a shit about the price), but I can't stand someone so full of himself that didn't even replied a single email I sent (and I didn't sent too many) or ignored my posts completely. I stopped trying to contact him when one of the greatest guys I met there (can't say his name, but we all love him and envy his awesome remarques collection ;) ) told me that Reitan was someone that wasn't easy to deal with. I also remember JR complaining openly in a forum that he was after one book and, when someone pointed out the eBay auction, someone else won it (the same person that warned me about him) by placing a higher bid than Jonathan. He complained saying that he was always open to help members with their wishlists and if people won't pay back, he won't as well from that moment on. And forgive me, but it was REALLY FUNNY to see that he always said he was the only "Completist" of King and, when Bob (carlosdetwellier) showed up and started to post his collection, well...mysteriously, Reitan had less and less posts until he finally decided to part with his collection.

The other attitude had to do with the same co-owner last mentioned (female), who was also, for my taste, too full of herself (I contacted her a couple of times with some questions about Grant Books and the replies were too sharp and not informative at all). And then, when the ending was coming, the soap opera they mounted was even funny.

Rick, I didn't know you were banned from the forum! Which one was the reason? Because you sell books? On the other hand, I don't agree about the giveaways! For the starters like me at that moment, it was a great way to get a really cool item!

Randall Flagg
05-10-2011, 11:20 AM
I will have to dig that one up. I tried to change the bouncing boobs gif once a week.

We have considered allowing animated gifs as avatars.
If enough people are interested, we could do a 30 day trial. It used to slow page loading, but in general the site loads pretty fast right now.

Ari_Racing
05-10-2011, 11:22 AM
And allow the bouncing boobs! :rock:

Sir_Boomme
05-10-2011, 11:22 AM
(and I also learned there that "shit" sometimes is a good thing (you used the expression "give away some shit").

yep...that's me...always out to enlighten my fellow man whenever I am able.:P

Randall Flagg
05-10-2011, 11:24 AM
And allow the bouncing boobs! :rock:
I think the novelty has run its course. Perhaps post in the off topic areas. We have threads dedicated to avatars, signatures, etc.

Sir_Boomme
05-10-2011, 11:50 AM
thankyou.... I'm feeling MUCH better now....:excited:

:thumbsup:

Brice
05-10-2011, 12:02 PM

Alright, I don't remember this and I'm curious about it! What happened?

He commented in the line of his feelings that the site may as well shut down as the 'quality' of the collectors in that forum were not 'up to par' as it used to be.

I remember something about this. It was near the end of the forum nevertheless.

Not to down the DT.net, but actually....as some can here can attest too, I gave away some nice stuff on in the King's closet group well before the DT net existed.

Of course! I even remember that the first email I ever sent in english King-Related it was to you through that group! I can't remember about what, but I do remember the group (and I also learned there that "shit" sometimes is a good thing (you used the expression "give away some shit").

AND I'll never forget about Jerome's postings with his animated gifs. Besides the boobs, I remember one of V for Vendetta (knives rolling).

I didn't pay too much attention to many of the posters and the attitudes mentioned before, but there were two attitudes I didn't like at all. One was from Jonathan Reitan (Jreittan), who was one of the sponsors of a trivia contest that took place in the chat group of Skeemers. I was the winner of it and the price was the F&SF magazine that contains Everything's Eventual. Not only he never sent the price (I don't give a shit about the price), but I can't stand someone so full of himself that didn't even replied a single email I sent (and I didn't sent too many) or ignored my posts completely. I stopped trying to contact him when one of the greatest guys I met there (can't say his name, but we all love him and envy his awesome remarques collection ;) ) told me that Reitan was someone that wasn't easy to deal with. I also remember JR complaining openly in a forum that he was after one book and, when someone pointed out the eBay auction, someone else won it (the same person that warned me about him) by placing a higher bid than Jonathan. He complained saying that he was always open to help members with their wishlists and if people won't pay back, he won't as well from that moment on. And forgive me, but it was REALLY FUNNY to see that he always said he was the only "Completist" of King and, when Bob (carlosdetwellier) showed up and started to post his collection, well...mysteriously, Reitan had less and less posts until he finally decided to part with his collection.

The other attitude had to do with the same co-owner last mentioned (female), who was also, for my taste, too full of herself (I contacted her a couple of times with some questions about Grant Books and the replies were too sharp and not informative at all). And then, when the ending was coming, the soap opera they mounted was even funny.

Rick, I didn't know you were banned from the forum! Which one was the reason? Because you sell books? On the other hand, I don't agree about the giveaways! For the starters like me at that moment, it was a great way to get a really cool item!

Ya' know, I wasn't gonna' mention this at all publicly, but seeing this makes me inclined to do so. Awhile back Jonathan Reitan posted here about selling some mags. I agreed to buy his set of Phantasmagorias, sent payment, and never heard from him. I sent emails telling him NOT to worry about the money ($50 or so, I believe) just asking what happened. I STILL haven't heard back from him.

jhanic
05-10-2011, 12:07 PM
I also had some major problems with Jonathan over some stuff I bought from him using Paypal. I never received the items for a long time, so I finally challenged the sale through Paypal. It was only after they froze his account that the items arrived. I know he has MAJOR health issues, but that's still no excuse for what he does. Almost two years ago he told me he'd send some other items to me (no charge) and I have yet to see them. I know he's not active in the King scene anymore, too.

John

Brice
05-10-2011, 12:09 PM
He won't get another penny from me for nothing. He actually listed alot of mags I'd have liked to have got. What he got he can keep.

Ari_Racing
05-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Brice, John just told you what you have to do to get the items or the money... ;)

ErinPatricia
05-10-2011, 12:10 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/HarleyQuinn19/1272531074_l.jpg

I don't even know where to start about .net lol

Randall Flagg
05-10-2011, 12:12 PM
At the beginning.

Brice
05-10-2011, 12:13 PM
I know, Ari. I'm lazy though and I told him to just keep it...even if it just "got lost in the mail" or whatever (he never said that or anything else after he got my money), so I can't back out of that.

Brice
05-10-2011, 12:13 PM

Is Blake in play? :unsure:

Ari_Racing
05-10-2011, 12:14 PM
At the begining!

ErinPatricia
05-10-2011, 12:17 PM

Always!

jemaher
05-10-2011, 12:18 PM
For a short time only:

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/sw90487282.gif

Color me happy!

Brice
05-10-2011, 12:25 PM

Always!

He needs to prove it. He is missed.

jemaher
i wish i knew how to cut and paste these gif files

Ari_Racing
For a short time only:

I'm pretty sure I saw this girl (don't know her name) in several animated gifs, but it's always hypnotizing.

Ari_Racing
05-10-2011, 12:26 PM

If you want to post it in a forum, use [ IMG]link[/ IMG]

Bethany
05-10-2011, 12:32 PM

I wasn't cool enough for a card.

John Blaze
05-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Does anyone still have a calendar?

ErinPatricia
05-10-2011, 12:55 PM
I might... I had a Guys of TDT.net one.

I still have my sen and marty mugs.

@Bethany, you needed to not lurk so much :p

Bethany
05-10-2011, 12:57 PM
I was afraid of you crazy internet peoples!

jemaher
05-10-2011, 01:05 PM
I have a gif file that i am trying to post but i have very limited computer skills! it is an animated gif file on my desk top. I tries the cut and paste function which didnt work

jhanic
05-10-2011, 01:10 PM
What you are posting is the link to your desktop. I'm not enough of an expert to tell you how to move that to the forums.

John

carlosdetweiller
05-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Sorry to hear of the bad experiences with Jonathan Reitan. I bought a few things from him (maybe three transactions, some involving more than one item) and always received them promptly.

George at C-Springs
05-10-2011, 01:14 PM
I have a gif file that i am trying to post but i have very limited computer skills! it is an animated gif file on my desk top. I tries the cut and paste function which didnt work

Save the gif to your member gallery (not My Album), then right click on it, choose properties, highlight and copy it's http location .... then when you get here to the forum, just click on the Insert Image button (to the right of the little envelope) and then paste what you copied into the popup box. That should work, just like posting a photo.

LadyHitchhiker
05-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Now that sounds interesting! LOL I wonder what the clowns were doing in the calendar! :)

Randall Flagg
05-10-2011, 02:50 PM
If it is hosted elsewhere you can right click on the image, choose "Copy Image Location". Come here (or elsewhere) to post, click on the "Insert Image" icon Control+V pastes the URL in the box,click "Ok" and Voila!

jemaher
05-10-2011, 03:57 PM
alas, this task exceeded my feeble computer skills. I have the clip saved on my desktop. it is a loop of 7 images which are in the format of a gif file. the member album would not allow the file type.

LadyHitchhiker
05-10-2011, 04:02 PM
We couldn't get an X rating here? :wtf:

jemaher
05-10-2011, 04:05 PM
.... then were just not trying hard enough!

LadyHitchhiker
05-10-2011, 04:05 PM
There's a joke there... but I'll leave it alone!

jemaher
05-10-2011, 04:13 PM
"hard " to resist!

Randall Flagg
05-10-2011, 04:33 PM

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1305073825-avatar%208-14.gif

Merlin1958
05-10-2011, 04:38 PM
For a short time only:

Awwwwww!!!! She looks so Happy!!!!!!

:wtf:

Cook
05-10-2011, 05:35 PM
For a short time only:

I was on break at work today, about s**t my pants when I saw this.
As you can imagine, had to shut this thread pretty fast, I really didn't want to explain this one.
It was pretty damn funny...

Fsmdr
05-10-2011, 06:01 PM
I think I know now what a girl must feel finding themselves in the men's locker room. ><

ErinPatricia
05-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Now that sounds interesting! LOL I wonder what the clowns were doing in the calendar! :)

lol
it wasnt bad:) I dont think I have any pictures though, and if I do I have no earthly idea where they are

jemaher
05-11-2011, 05:32 AM
those are some good chesticles!

LadyHitchhiker
05-11-2011, 09:25 AM
That bra most certainly does NOT fit that lady. I hope she can one day afford to go to a place where she can get bras that fit

Bethany
05-11-2011, 09:43 AM
http://www.linkedin.com/in/tylerhall

Letti
05-11-2011, 12:21 PM
That bra most certainly does NOT fit that lady. I hope she can one day afford to go to a place where she can get bras that fit

Fitting wasn't the point at the first place. ;)

LadyHitchhiker
05-11-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm well aware of that; it's just that I know how uncomfortable it is to wear bras that don't fit right!

Patrick
05-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Erin, I remember those cards. Like Bethany though, I wasn't one of the cool kids who got one. Tell Blake hello for us and let him know we miss him.

I have no recollection of ever doing business with Jonathon Reitan, but I always thought he was a generally stand-up guy. Sorry to hear about these issues that others were having with him.

Scoogs
05-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Wow, talk about digging up some old memories.
I remember the sidebar thread being closed and Tippy being banned, but had completely forgotten about the giveaways. I think I still have a book or two from one of those.

I do remember the Christmas card exchange Karen organized with the collectors one year. Dif Season's year in review letter was an instant classic.

RF, those animated gifs will never get old.

BigCoffinHunter
05-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Oh wow, yeah, DT.net. I never got caught up in the drama the same way that others did, at least not directly, although I do vaguely remember Tippy getting banned and feeling like I was back in high school again watching petty drama unfold from the sidelines (pettiness being directed towards Tippy, that is, and his evil capitalist ways ;-). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it culiminated in something like, "Alright Tippy, you've had this coming for a long time and now it's finally official: you're banned."

But anyways, reading everyone else's posts here brought back a remembrance from DT.net that I thought was pretty surreal. Someone else had snagged BigCoffinHunter before I registered for the site, so I was operating under a different handle on that site. Like here I mostly just lurked, but every once in a while I would join in on the conversation. The story I'm about to reference happened after Dark Tower VI had come out and I had really been looking forward to Dark Tower VII and finally finding out what the ending was going to be after all those years of waiting. I was feeling pretty anxious, so my plan was to re-read Gunslinger, Drawing of the Three, Wastelands, Wizard and Glass, Insomnia, Hearts in Atlantis, Black House, Gunslinger Revised, Wolves of the Calla, and Song of Susannah. I figured that it would keep me occupied and until Dark Tower VII was finally released.

It was a few months before Dark Tower VII's release date and I was halfway through my reading list when, out of the blue, I received a PM from Robert Wiener's wife on DT.net. I had never corresponded with her in the past, so I was sort of surprised to get an e-mail from her. Apparently she read one of my posts on the site and was impressed with it for some reason or another. Long story short, she said that she wanted my physical address because she was going to reward me by getting Scribner to mail me an ARC of Dark Tower VII. I knew who she was, but I still had my doubts. Nevertheless, I sent her over my contact information. Imagine my surprise a week later when a package showed up at the office with that light blue Dark Tower VII ARC with my name on the sticker on the cover. I decided to forsake my plan, took a day off of work, and read the thing from cover to cover in a single sitting.

I must admit that to this day I still find it strange that Robert's wife arranged for me to get an ARC of that book, especially considering the fact that I hardly ever posted on the site and didn't really even know her at all, but I'm certainly not complaining and I still have the thing in my collection.

John Blaze
05-12-2011, 12:21 AM
You lucky bastard, :lol:

I've never said anything smart or clever enough to get a free anything. I'm going to run to the Westeros forum and post alot, maybe I'll get an ARC of DWD.

Ben Staad
05-12-2011, 05:59 AM
Excellent work RF! :clap::clap:

jemaher
05-12-2011, 06:29 AM
She has impressive assets....

jemaher
05-12-2011, 06:30 AM
And I like the "panama city license plate" on her low back!

Pasiuk57
05-12-2011, 07:36 AM
nice...

Letti
05-12-2011, 12:28 PM
RF: Do you have a big collection of such pics? Just askin'. :)

George at C-Springs
05-12-2011, 01:48 PM
RF, you are my new hero.

And I like the "panama city license plate" on her low back!

I lived there for 4 years, and damned if I remember anything that nice (must be the ex-wife blocking the good memories).

Seriously, I must have watched this thing 15 times now. Must exit thread ... so hard ... errr, difficult ....

John Blaze
05-12-2011, 02:11 PM

Randall Flagg
05-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Three or four dozen.......................pairs:rock:

tippy4
05-12-2011, 07:35 PM
It was a few months before Dark Tower VII's release date and I was halfway through my reading list when, out of the blue, I received a PM from Robert Wiener's wife on DT.net. I had never corresponded with her in the past, so I was sort of surprised to get an e-mail from her. Apparently she read one of my posts on the site and was impressed with it for some reason or another. Long story short, she said that she wanted my physical address because she was going to reward me by getting Scribner to mail me an ARC of Dark Tower VII. I knew who she was, but I still had my doubts. Nevertheless, I sent her over my contact information. Imagine my surprise a week later when a package showed up at the office with that light blue Dark Tower VII ARC with my name on the sticker on the cover. I decided to forsake my plan, took a day off of work, and read the thing from cover to cover in a single sitting.

I must admit that to this day I still find it strange that Robert's wife arranged for me to get an ARC of that book, especially considering the fact that I hardly ever posted on the site and didn't really even know her at all, but I'm certainly not complaining and I still have the thing in my collection.

And BCH was kind enough to loan that ARC to ol' Tippy so he could read it before the book was released.

east-tennessee
05-12-2011, 08:26 PM
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/data/500/boobs_bouncing1.gif

this is how I feel................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szkgylvDYA4

or sometimes like this........................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAWxTMxsgQ0&feature=related

Letti
05-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Three or four dozen.......................pairs:rock:

Impressive. ;)

Randall Flagg
05-13-2011, 06:26 AM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/1269032067220.gif?w=352&h=288

jemaher
05-13-2011, 06:46 AM
she could put an eye out

Randall Flagg
05-13-2011, 06:56 AM
She could knock out an elephants eye.

BigCoffinHunter
05-13-2011, 08:06 AM

And BCH was kind enough to loan that ARC to ol' Tippy so he could read it before the book was released.

Indeed, with the stipulation that ol' Tippy be very careful when he read it and that he not tell anyone, lest I be forced to face the wrath of she that gifted it to me. Now here you go telling everyone. What the hell man?!?! Hahaha.

You know, now that I think about it, it's pretty ironic that the person who eventually dropped the banhammer on you was the same person who enabled you to read Dark Tower VII pre-publication. Had she known, I assume she would have been none too pleased.

LadyHitchhiker
05-13-2011, 10:15 AM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/1269032067220.gif?w=352&h=288

I love how she pushes the hair out of her face, and it's so not in the shot for anyone to see what she really looks like. FUNNY!

jemaher
05-13-2011, 10:24 AM
............. cause i was really staring at her large volume of ...hair!

Randall Flagg
05-14-2011, 12:16 PM
New Bouncing boobs only available M-F

LadyHitchhiker
05-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Because Saturday is Serious Saturday and Sunday is Silly Sunday... ;)

Yeah Sure Whatever
05-14-2011, 04:54 PM
I remember there were some uber sluts that actually hooked up with other members :rofl: I'm no stranger to drama and I started my fair share especially in regards to one certain asshole, but he totally deserved it for being a douchebag trying to "blackmail" me

Erin
05-14-2011, 05:39 PM
I remember there were some uber sluts that actually hooked up with other members :rofl: I'm no stranger to drama and I started my fair share especially in regards to one certain asshole, but he totally deserved it for being a douchebag trying to "blackmail" me

Hey now, I totally hooked up with a couple members who lived near me. :ninja:

But I was in my crazy young college days and being an uber slut anyways.

Yeah Sure Whatever
05-14-2011, 05:45 PM
If you recall, I did as well :P And dont be putting age restrictions on being a slut!

Erin
05-14-2011, 05:47 PM
:lol: Yeah you ho-bag. You even went and got knocked up and stuff. :P

Yeah Sure Whatever
05-14-2011, 05:49 PM
:lol: Yeah you ho-bag. You even went and got knocked up and stuff. :P

TWICE

Patrick
05-15-2011, 12:05 PM
:lol:

Darkthoughts
05-15-2011, 12:18 PM
http://www.linkedin.com/in/tylerhall

that's mad, if you click on the link to his personal site, then click the .net link and then click it again in the text you get a log in box, I can't remember my .net password so i couldn't find out if that takes you to the archive of the board or something.

LadyHitchhiker
05-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Well I remembered my name and my password and it kept saying they didn't match their records... :(

The Road Virus
05-15-2011, 07:41 PM
Random question just came to me and I think this would be an appropriate place to place it:

How many memebers does .org have compared to .net's average and/or high point?

Randall Flagg
05-16-2011, 05:47 AM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/1269030757649.gif?w=400&h=276

Ari_Racing
05-16-2011, 07:43 AM
Can't have enough of those boo...I mean, gifs. :)

Ben Staad
05-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Happy Monday to you too RF. :cyclops:

jemaher
05-16-2011, 10:00 AM
gotta love a flag waving patriot!

WeDealInLead
05-16-2011, 12:36 PM
God bless America.

and boobs.

Randall Flagg
05-17-2011, 08:12 AM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/1269031575984.gif?w=151&h=200

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-17-2011, 09:53 AM
That's Dozy Rosie from Corrie!

Edit. US members will not know her.

jemaher
05-17-2011, 10:21 AM
like puppies romping in a pen!

Pasiuk57
05-17-2011, 10:28 AM
let those puppies breathe!!

Ari_Racing
05-17-2011, 10:59 AM

I'm still waiting ;)

What happened here?

Bethany
05-17-2011, 03:39 PM
I wonder what ever happened to thankeesai. He's the only one I don't have contact with anymore.

LadyHitchhiker
05-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Didn't we used to have a few gifs of men with their shirts off too? Or was that all just a dream?

Randall Flagg
05-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Possibly. I seem to recall the woman posting something like this:
http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/fat-man.gif

LadyHitchhiker
05-17-2011, 04:10 PM
Nooooo not like that... like sexy ones! LOL

carlosdetweiller
05-17-2011, 04:14 PM

Post 'em if ya' got 'em.

different_seasons
05-17-2011, 04:15 PM

What happened here?[/QUOTE]

I can't remember anyones names...there was the young kid from NYC who had the huge post count (like 19K) who, with someone else sent an anti-semetic email purporting to be from Anthony of the Compendium. The owner of the .net (not Tyler) emailed Marsha about but it backfired when it was revealed that Anthony didn't send it. The kid was banned at that point, I can't remember his name now but he was the member with the highest post count.

jemaher
05-17-2011, 05:34 PM
On a transatlantic flight, a plane passes through a severe storm. The turbulence is awful, and things go from bad to worse when one wing is struck by lightning.

One woman, in particular, loses it. Screaming, she stands up in the front of the plane.

'I'm too young to die,' she wails.

Then she yells, 'If I'm going to die, I want my last minutes on earth to be memorable! Is there anyone on this plane who can make me feel like a WOMAN?'

For a moment there is silence. Everyone has forgotten their own peril. They all stare, eyes riveted, at this desperate woman in the front of the plane.

Then a cowboy from Texas stands up in the rear of the plane. He is handsome, well built, with dark brown hair and blue eyes.

He starts to walk slowly up the aisle, unbuttoning his shirt, One…button …at a …time…

No one moves.

He removes his shirt. Muscles ripple across his chest.

She gasps.

He whispers . . ..

"Iron this, then get me a beer"

jemaher
05-17-2011, 06:52 PM
ok thats weird.... why didnt the punch line show up? when i edit the text its there in a spoiler

George at C-Springs
05-17-2011, 11:30 PM
I figured the plane just crashed :-)

Randall Flagg
05-18-2011, 06:13 AM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/1268964408215.gif?w=263&h=232

jemaher
05-18-2011, 11:07 AM
hey batter, batter..... Swing batter!

LadyHitchhiker
05-20-2011, 04:21 AM

Post 'em if ya' got 'em.

I don't have any... but I must look for some to balance out the thread... it seems only fair.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-20-2011, 06:25 AM
This is bound to be banned...

http://www.spicygif.com/bin/042009/1240588661_sophie_marceau_boob_slip.gif

carlosdetweiller
05-20-2011, 08:05 AM
This is bound to be banned...

Hopefully not for awhile.

Patrick
05-20-2011, 11:08 AM
I added the NSFW title and spoiler commands so people have fair warning. I'll leave it to those better versed in site policy to decide whether that is good enough.

John Blaze
05-20-2011, 12:05 PM
works enough for me. :drool:

Randall Flagg
05-20-2011, 12:18 PM
I think it falls under an "R" rating, particularly with the NSFW and spoiler tags.

Randall Flagg
05-20-2011, 12:18 PM
P.S., who is that?

Yeah Sure Whatever
05-20-2011, 12:35 PM
P.S., who is that?

Someone with nice boobs?

Bev Vincent
05-20-2011, 01:11 PM
French actress Sophie Marceau

jemaher
05-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Any relation to marcell?............... I'm speechless!

Bev Vincent
05-20-2011, 04:18 PM
No relation. Marceau is a stage name.

Merlin1958
05-20-2011, 07:15 PM
No relation. Marceau is a stage name.

Literary guy like you over here looking at boobs? I'm calling the IRS there goes your internet access write off, you "Perv"!!!!

LOL LOL LOL

Merlin1958
05-20-2011, 07:17 PM

You want Men represented? Go check out Chadbourne's "Fabio" in the CD discussion thread.

oy-the-brave
05-20-2011, 11:31 PM

WOW, Bev knows everything :ninja:

LadyHitchhiker
05-21-2011, 03:37 AM

You want Men represented? Go check out Chadbourne's "Fabio" in the CD discussion thread.

Hey, I just don't want discrimination! ;)

Bev Vincent
05-21-2011, 08:00 AM

It was quite easy -- her name is in the image file name. Right click --> properties!

carlosdetweiller
05-21-2011, 08:33 AM

It was quite easy -- her name is in the image file name. Right click --> properties!

And then Google her name to find her bio and ascertain that she is not related to Marcel.

Bev Vincent
05-21-2011, 08:59 AM
Exactly!

Merlin1958
05-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Exactly!

Nice Bev!!!!! Way to try to dodge the "IRS" reference!!!!!!! You were looking at "Boobs". Admit it!!!! LOL LOL LOL

jemaher
05-24-2011, 09:40 AM
I was looking!

Yeah Sure Whatever
05-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Me too

Randall Flagg
05-25-2011, 06:48 AM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/1269031460093.gif?w=220&h=180

Ben Staad
05-25-2011, 06:52 AM
It's great to see a woman who has a "free" spirit.

Edit: I mean two free spirits!

jemaher
05-25-2011, 08:14 AM
conversing freely!

jemaher
05-30-2011, 10:22 AM
were going into chesticle withdrawal!

Randall Flagg
05-30-2011, 11:21 AM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/1269031338716.gif?w=497&h=401