PDA

View Full Version : What's your Tower?

Letti
10-25-2007, 12:44 AM
Roland was obsessed with his Tower.
What's your tower?

Storyslinger
10-25-2007, 05:40 AM
I don't know if you'd call it an obsession, but my goal, or thing I'd like to reach in my life, is to be able to wrtie for a living. Sadly, because work has been so busy as of recently, I can't find the time. Hopefully I'll be able to post the remainder of my stories soon>

Matt
10-25-2007, 06:33 AM
I would have to say my children. I am obsessed with their safety but I think that comes from all the years I had to take care of them by myself.

On my watch so to speak.

Great idea for a thread Letti :wub:

Storyslinger
10-25-2007, 06:35 AM
Yes great idea

Matt~Thats great to hear

Letti
10-25-2007, 06:41 AM
Thank you guys. To tell you the truth it wasn't my idea, we had a similar thread on the other site but I loved it so so much that I had to open it here.
Thank you for the great thread Kris (Glam if Princess).

I loved your answers but to tell you the truth they didn't surprise me. ;)

Storyslinger
10-25-2007, 06:41 AM
Whats you,dear?

Letti
10-25-2007, 06:42 AM
Teaching.

Storyslinger
10-25-2007, 06:43 AM
So, bettering the world.

Thats a good one

Letti
10-25-2007, 06:48 AM
Thanks,
there are many things in my life that's worth to live for and there are many things that I could say I am obsessed with but if I have to choose only one and we can have only one Tower I answer teaching without any hesitation.

Storyslinger
10-25-2007, 06:51 AM
Glad to hear it, keep up the good work

Darkthoughts
10-25-2007, 08:17 AM
I'd say reading is my Tower, in that I am completely and utterly obsessed with it. I think my behaviour can become quite irrational and erratic even - this story of my getting and reading the last Harry Potter books demonstrates what I mean: on the Friday of the midnight release there were major floods in my area. My sister had promised me a lift to the bookstore, but as people were reporting that it was taking them 4 hours to get to our village from town (a 5 mile journey) she said she wasn't going to drive. I phoned everyone I know that can drive but to no avail. A rather drunk friend in the pub offered to drive me after he'd had something to eat and I was that desperate I said "Sure!!" but he fell asleep!! Eventually I decided to walk. I went to give my friend in another pub a message and she (being sober) took me in. The floods had subsided by that point and it didn't take too long. She did point out that I could have waited until the morning...but I COULDN'T!! :lol:

Then, when I actually got it the next day I was reading and my eldest son said "Mum, Max is trying to break the tv - he keeps chucking stuff at it!" and I was so engrossed in the story I just replied "Its ok, we'll buy a new one" :P

Storyslinger
10-25-2007, 08:42 AM
Wow, I get into reading, but not quite that much. Very cool though

sarah
10-25-2007, 08:51 AM
"Mum, Max is trying to break the tv - he keeps chucking stuff at it!" and I was so engrossed in the story I just replied "Its ok, we'll buy a new one"

:rofl: it was the final harry potter. dur.

my obsession, other than my family, is going and planning vacations. I like to have my whole year planned out by the end of January. I love to take a lot of little trips and a one or two big ones. Last year I was able to visit lots of family all over the usa and it was wonderful. I love to look all over the internet for the best deals. I get obsessed with planning it all out. This year I'm hoping will be the year of Oprah. I want to go so bad. I will go. I must go.

Storyslinger
10-25-2007, 08:55 AM
This sounds quite fun and interesting

Daghain
10-25-2007, 09:57 AM
Hmm...I appear to be Tower-free at the moment. :lol:

Wuducynn
10-25-2007, 09:59 AM
Hmm...I appear to be Tower-free at the moment. :lol:

Oh, did you break up with your DBF then? Sorry to hear that. Just remember, "There are other towers than that one".

Daghain
10-25-2007, 10:01 AM
:lol:

He is NOT an obsession. That would be kind of sick, really. :lol:

OchrisO
10-25-2007, 10:09 AM
I had a tower once, but I lost track of the beam.

She-Oy
10-25-2007, 01:40 PM
I kinda look at "a tower" (at least in this reference) as something that not only takes on an obsession, but takes a long time to acquire.

So my tower is honestly "happiness and contentment". That might sound stupid and simple, or it might be a "duh...everyone wants that!" thing, but it is what it is.

I am currently and have been for a little over 6 months, focusing on things I DO have and not what I WANT to have. Yes, I'd love a vacation to Europe or Egypt, but I'm not going to get it in the near future, and I know that, so I'm not unhappy about it.

I want to be that person who can lose everything (like the people in Katrina or the wildfires in So Cal), but look around and still be ok because they have their family and hope.

I've come a good ways in ending my materialism, but I still have a ways to go.

So yeah, simple happiness is my tower.

Daghain
10-25-2007, 01:42 PM
I had a tower once, but I lost track of the beam.

I am so sigging that. :D

Brice
10-25-2007, 01:43 PM
I am currently and have been for a little over 6 months, focusing on things I DO have and not what I WANT to have.

I'd say by this alone you're well on your way towards it. :)

Matt
10-25-2007, 02:03 PM
Yep, recognizing something like that is the first step.

I believe we are all on some kind of "path of the beam" to our own towers which is maybe what King was trying to say.

She-Oy
10-25-2007, 02:18 PM
Will has an interesting concept. He thinks once you reach your tower you should tear it down...start over. Much like the loop in the story. Because if you don't you have no goals. But that has to do more with the journey I suppose.

Take Buddhist monk mandalas for instance. They spend days, weeks, sometimes longer creating these intricate pieces of art out of colored sand. As soon as they have completed the task, they chant a little chant, then bend over and blow as hard as they can...blowing their hard, beautiful work away until the only thing that left is the plain ground they started on.

I've actually had the opportunity to see this done, both the creation and the destruction. It's a strange, but wonderous thing.

Brice
10-25-2007, 02:35 PM
I think there is alot of truth in that idea of Will's. Without destruction there can be no creation or journey.

She-Oy
10-25-2007, 02:46 PM
I think there is alot of truth in that idea of Will's. Without destruction there can be no creation or journey.

I know, but I'm still stuck on destruction = negative, I know that's not true, but it seems that way. It's hard to step outside of the box sometimes. I suppose it all lies within the reason for the destruction.

Brice
10-25-2007, 02:49 PM
I can understand that, but there is no reason it can't be negative and still serve a positive purpose. Is there? Maybe our need for reasons only cloud our judgements.

Wuducynn
10-25-2007, 08:04 PM

You saying this reminded me of the part at the end of DT7 where in order for Patrick to get the color of Los's eyes just right he had to combine the petal of one of the roses and the blood of Roland. Don't quite know why reading that made me think of that but it did.

Daghain
10-25-2007, 08:15 PM
That's either intriguing or disturbing. I haven't decided which. :lol:

Darkthoughts
10-26-2007, 02:47 AM
I kinda look at "a tower" (at least in this reference) as something that not only takes on an obsession, but takes a long time to acquire.

So my tower is honestly "happiness and contentment". That might sound stupid and simple, or it might be a "duh...everyone wants that!" thing, but it is what it is.

I am currently and have been for a little over 6 months, focusing on things I DO have and not what I WANT to have. Yes, I'd love a vacation to Europe or Egypt, but I'm not going to get it in the near future, and I know that, so I'm not unhappy about it.

I want to be that person who can lose everything (like the people in Katrina or the wildfires in So Cal), but look around and still be ok because they have their family and hope.

I've come a good ways in ending my materialism, but I still have a ways to go.

So yeah, simple happiness is my tower.

Awesome post She-Oy:clap:

Matt
10-26-2007, 06:19 AM
I believe it is important to stay fresh but the destruction of what you have worked for doesn't really fly with me. I know its not a literal thing but I believe that it mostly the idea that you don't stop when you have achieved your goal, you continue to try to improve it and yourself.

Storyslinger
10-26-2007, 06:20 AM
well put matt

Aesculapius
10-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Will has an interesting concept. He thinks once you reach your tower you should tear it down...start over.

I think it could be related to the destruction of the walls of Jericho and the sounding of the horn, as well.

This Lamp is the light of the pure soul; it hath no need of fuel, it is the Burning Bush incomsumable that Moses saw, the image of the Most High.
This Lamp hangeth above the Altar, it hath no support from below; its light illumines the whole Temple, yet upon it are cast no shadows, no reflections. It cannot be touched, it cannot be extinguished, in no way can it change; for it is utterly apart from all those things which have complexity, which have dimension, which change and may be changed....

...The Temple and all that is in it must be destroyed again and again before it is worthy to receive that Light. Hence it so often seems that the only advice that any master can give to any pupil is to destroy the Temple.
"Whatever you have" and "whatever you are" are veils before that Light.
Yet in so great ~a matter all advice is vain. There is no master so great that he can see clearly the whole character of any pupil. What helped him in the past may hinder another in the future.
Yet since the Master is pledged to serve, he may take up that service on these simple lines. Since all thoughts are veils of this Light, he may advise the destruction of all thoughts, and to that end teach those practices which are clearly conductive to such destruction.

(Aleister Crowley; Book Four - Part II: Chapter X-The Lamp)

Girlystevedave
10-26-2007, 06:36 PM
Spiritual balance. It's the thing that I strive for the most, and the thing I lose most often. Yet it is always, always on my mind.

Letti
10-27-2007, 12:18 AM
Will has an interesting concept. He thinks once you reach your tower you should tear it down...start over. Much like the loop in the story. Because if you don't you have no goals. But that has to do more with the journey I suppose.
I absolutely agree.
János Bródy - a famous Hungarian singer - said this: "Two horrible things can happen to a man. If his dreams never become true.
Or if they do."

alinda
10-27-2007, 05:53 AM
WOW! I can really relate to this, I have literally thousands of stories where I am so totally engrossed in a book that I have neglected many fine people, and situations in my life. Sometimes it will be personal reading, sometimes even my studies be it psycology or quantum, nde, or SK. [I] can completely relate to this . Thanks for sharing Darkthoughts, Your mirror has shown me well.:rose:

I'd say reading is my Tower, in that I am completely and utterly obsessed with it. I think my behaviour can become quite irrational and erratic even - this story of my getting and reading the last Harry Potter books demonstrates what I mean: on the Friday of the midnight release there were major floods in my area. My sister had promised me a lift to the bookstore, but as people were reporting that it was taking them 4 hours to get to our village from town (a 5 mile journey) she said she wasn't going to drive. I phoned everyone I know that can drive but to no avail. A rather drunk friend in the pub offered to drive me after he'd had something to eat and I was that desperate I said "Sure!!" but he fell asleep!! Eventually I decided to walk. I went to give my friend in another pub a message and she (being sober) took me in. The floods had subsided by that point and it didn't take too long. She did point out that I could have waited until the morning...but I COULDN'T!! :lol:

Then, when I actually got it the next day I was reading and my eldest son said "Mum, Max is trying to break the tv - he keeps chucking stuff at it!" and I was so engrossed in the story I just replied "Its ok, we'll buy a new one" :P

Darkthoughts
10-27-2007, 06:55 AM
Your mirror has shown me well.:rose:
:wub: You have a beautiful way with words.

Aesculapius
10-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Destruction leads to a very rough road
But it also breeds creation
And earthquakes are to a girl's guitar
They're just another good vibration
And tidal waves couldn't save the world
From Kali-fornication

-Red Hot Chili Peppers

It's why the forests burn sometimes.

Sequoia seeds:

The big-tree has anywhere from 96-304 seeds per cone (Peattie 1953), with 4-6 seeds growing under each scale (Sudworth 1908.). The cones take about two seasons to mature (Harlow 1979) and do not fall off of the branches - if squirrels do not cut them down, the cones will stay on the tree for as many as 8-10 years, proven by the growth rings on the cone stems (Crittenden 1977). Harlow (1979) mentions that the seeds do not often come out of the cones while the cone is alive and on the tree.

Aesculapius
10-29-2007, 05:20 PM
I think it's safe to say that from moment to moment the temples that we call our bodies weaken, moving us closer to that fatal moment. Yet, the opportunity to 'enlighten' (speaking in terms of weight) our attics, our minds, is always present. So, while our bodies are slowly degrading, the temple is being rebuilt constantly, or, has the possibility to be rebuilt.

Another possible metaphor that could help explain this concept is the way some spacecraft have been / will be fueled. Energy that suppilies the spacecraft is harnessed from degrading radioactive isotopes.

Because of Saturn's distance from the Sun, solar arrays were not feasible power sources for the spacecraft. To generate enough power, such arrays would have been too large and heavy. Instead, the Cassini orbiter is powered by three radioisotope thermoelectric generators (RTGs), which use heat from the natural decay of plutonium (in the form of plutonium dioxide) to generate direct current electricity. The RTGs have the same design as those on the Galileo and Ulysses spacecrafts and are designed to have a long operational lifetime. At the end of the 11-year Cassini mission, they will still be able to produce at least 628 watts of power. One of Cassini's spare RTGs was used to power the New Horizons mission to Pluto and the Kuiper Belt.

NP: Mama Sed - Puscifer

Ikilledthecrimsonking
11-03-2007, 11:03 AM
i dont think i have a tower :(
but great thread letti:)

Kevin
11-03-2007, 08:49 PM
My tower is my cottage. All the effort I'm am putting into school revolves around it. Everything good that has come out of my life started with my cottage. I want nothing more in life than to have enough money until I can pass it on to my kids. If that happens my life is complete.

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v78/210/38/651807125/n651807125_96684_4182.jpg

Erin
11-03-2007, 10:07 PM
I don't think I have a tower either and it's kind of depressing. There is just not really anything I can think of that I'm obsessed with and completely focused on.

Letti
11-04-2007, 12:33 AM
i dont think i have a tower :(
but great thread letti:)

I don't think I have a tower either and it's kind of depressing. There is just not really anything I can think of that I'm obsessed with and completely focused on.

I don't think we always must feel our Tower. Sometimes it's in front of us but we don't feel the fire and the force yet.
Erin, you are such a great girl with tons of great plans. You amaze me quite often. I think it's not bad at all that you can't put your finger on anything at the moment.

My tower is my cottage. All the effort I'm am putting into school revolves around it. Everything good that has come out of my life started with my cottage. I want nothing more in life than to have enough money until I can pass it on to my kids. If that happens my life is complete.

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v78/210/38/651807125/n651807125_96684_4182.jpg

What a beautiful and touching tower. :wub:
Thank you for sharing.

PedroPáramo
02-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Be a limp pirate, just as the song says,
you know, of course, without the limp thing.
Just be happy
dream, cause it's one of the most wonderful free things
and have someone to love me(:

and write for living of course!(:

Letti
02-04-2008, 02:06 AM
Limp pirate without the limp thing... sounds interesting. (And a little paradox.)

Wuducynn
02-04-2008, 06:13 AM
I don't think we always must feel our Tower. Sometimes it's in front of us but we don't feel the fire and the force yet.

You don't know how true this is Letti. Although I do prefer if someone is feeling my Tower.

jayson
02-04-2008, 06:15 AM
my "Tower" is a search for the perfect guitar tone. it's influenced how i both listen to and play music.

CRinVA
02-04-2008, 10:34 AM
My tower is that elusive published Novel!

Only time will tell if I ever reach my Tower! But then again, it's the journey that really counts and I am enjoying my writing moments as they come and go! :-)

Storyslinger
02-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Good to hear!

jayson
02-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Best of luck with it CR. I look fwd to reading your "Tower" someday.

Letti
02-04-2008, 12:22 PM
my "Tower" is a search for the perfect guitar tone. it's influenced how i both listen to and play music.

And what will happen if you find it?

jayson
02-04-2008, 12:59 PM

And what will happen if you find it?

i won't. there's always more tone, and hopefully, always artists finding new ways to use it. there's always more, that's what more means :lol:

LadyHitchhiker
02-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Star Trek
tdt.com
my dark tower junkies
my husband
carbs
cats
water
Douglas Adams
Monty Python
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Little Shop of Horrors

obscurejude
02-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Mine is a philosophy that adequately solves the conversation between Plato and Aristotle.

Letti
02-09-2008, 05:32 AM
Star Trek
tdt.com
my dark tower junkies
my husband
carbs
cats
water
Douglas Adams
Monty Python
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Little Shop of Horrors

Wow, you have many towers lady. :)

Jean
02-09-2008, 08:41 AM
but the Towers can't be many, can they? Isn't that the whole point? That the Tower is something you sacrifice everything else for?

Letti
02-09-2008, 08:44 AM
People are different, Jean but maybe Liz could choose only one if we asked her.
Liz, which one would be your only and forever Tower?

childeluke
02-09-2008, 09:01 PM
mine would be acting.

devo133
02-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Getting through med school unscathed

ATG
02-18-2008, 09:45 PM
It took me five days to reach the top of my Tower.

http://i32.tinypic.com/140vkg4.jpg

6-9-96 ----6-`4-96 Triple Direct, El Capitan VI 5.9 A2

LadyHitchhiker
02-19-2008, 10:29 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... that's not fair.... :( My life is filled with many towers...

but I guess the one and only true tower would be love... so that encompasses a bunch of stuff! ;)

Storyslinger
02-20-2008, 07:59 AM
My Tower of developing 1.) a published book is getting very close and 2.)writing a novel for future publication is at 30 chapters.

devo133
02-24-2008, 10:30 PM
My Tower of developing 1.) a published book is getting very close and 2.)writing a novel for future publication is at 30 chapters.

Cool what's your book about?

Storyslinger
02-25-2008, 09:38 AM

Cool what's your book about?

Book or the novel.

The book is a collection of things I've written. Most have already been submitted on this site with the exception of two.

The novel is an extended tale of one of this short stories that I found more back story to work with.

The Cosmic Geek
03-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Not an obsession, but I miss my ex Susan as much as Roland misses his. Reading Wizard and Glass, the scenes of them, it's hard not to think of her.

Letti
03-06-2009, 12:19 AM
I realised today as I was going to the post office to put my hands on my English edition of Fatu Hiva that Fatu Hiva is my tower, too. Even if I never get there.. it will be with me.

Brice
03-06-2009, 05:09 AM
You will get there. :couple: And you should have just asked me...I'd have sent you one of my copies.

flaggwalkstheline
03-06-2009, 09:18 AM

Publishings a bitch

my tower is getting my poems published either one at a time in magazines or all at once in a book (maybe both)

AlishaRiley
03-06-2009, 10:36 AM
My tower would have been Love, yet I appeared to have found that at a surprisingly early age. :)

My absolute dream is to have a collection of poems, or short stories published...
I had the chance, and threw it away due to silly insecurities. Next time...PAH!

flaggwalkstheline
03-06-2009, 12:04 PM
My absolute dream is to have a collection of poems, or short stories published...
I had the chance, and threw it away due to silly insecurities. Next time...PAH!

:scared:

AlishaRiley
03-06-2009, 12:06 PM
I know, I know. I was a very silly girl last year. I didn't have a very high opinion of my own writing...and silly girls do silly things, unfortunately. :angry:

I'm not sure whether a chance like that will ever come along again...but I'm living in hope.

flaggwalkstheline
03-06-2009, 12:10 PM
I know, I know. I was a very silly girl last year. I didn't have a very high opinion of my own writing...and silly girls do silly things, unfortunately. :angry:

I'm not sure whether a chance like that will ever come along again...but I'm living in hope.

Hopes good.... If u got there once u can probably do it again
I've made mistakes in an opposite direction when it comes to trying to get my writing out there
I went to an open-mike night that was happening in a local church one time
My being an aspiring latter-day beatnik did not go over well
I left before they could find pitchforks n torches:dance:
It was awesome

AlishaRiley
03-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Unfortunate! It may have been fun to be the victim of a lynch mob...something to tell the grandkids about, anyway...if you were to survive the experience, of course. :P

Maybe, maybe. :) I'm still a little scared to actually get my writing "out there" as it were - my poems are quite personal, and I'm not really one for public opening up...ness...
One day, I shall get over it, and I'm getting there. Because I want it so much, aswell, I'm coming around to the fact that I've GOT to show people if I ever want anything to happen.

Letti
03-06-2009, 03:29 PM
You will get there. :couple: And you should have just asked me...I'd have sent you one of my copies.

Thank you.
I would never take anyone's Fatu Hiva. I have given away two but I would never take anybody's. :)

Brice
03-07-2009, 07:13 AM
Consider it international sharing. :couple: You could give it back to me when we get there. :D

Rcampebll
03-09-2009, 09:13 PM
my tower is keeping my faith and The Dark Tower i just cant get enough

Lily-sai
04-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Now this is officially one of my favourite threads! You all have given great answers, and I can relate with many of them (reading, for example).

But my Tower is traveling. I'm constantly poor because of that, for I can't stay in Finland longer than maybe a few months, after that my feet begin to itch unbearably and I have to be on the Road again. So you could say I'm literally traveling the path of the Beams all the time.

The more stamps in my passport, the happier I am. I just want to see the whole world and all the miracles within. The most unforgettable trip of mine is two-months long trip around the world, during which I saw Malaysia, Australia, USA and more. But the most magical country for sure is Ireland, and I constantly long back there. I'm lucky to have great Irish friends whom I can visit whenever I want to. :)

I've sacrified quite a lot for my travels, my school for example - I've fallen behind more than appropriate. And money, of course. And more. My whole family lives abroad, scatterd around the world, so I'm rootless anyway - I feel like I don't belong anywhere at all, which can be at times a little depressing. But when I'm on the road again, I forget all about that, and my heart just sings. I feel myself truly free only when I'm traveling. I reach my Tower only when I die, and that one will be the last and greatest trip of all. Not that I'd want to reach it anytime soon! :) There's still other countries, other worlds to explore.

To quote my mother: 'I'm wondering when will this wanderlust end. Probably never, and I will end up slumping down somewhere by the pyramids of Egypt, at the age of 100.'

Letti
04-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Lily-sai, I am amazed by the people like you.

KindredAutmn
03-10-2011, 09:13 AM
well one of my towers :p is to travel around the world :) but my most important tower is to become good photographer :)

Jean
03-10-2011, 09:32 AM
thank you for reviving this thread, KindredAutmn. I too will post in a couple of weeks, when my present Tower has acquired a shape presentable to public.

KindredAutmn
03-10-2011, 09:58 AM
thank you for reviving this thread, KindredAutmn. I too will post in a couple of weeks, when my present Tower has acquired a shape presentable to public.

np :)

RainInSpain
03-10-2011, 12:27 PM
My Tower is acquiring knowledge in various disciplines and subjects - as pretentious as it may sound, I just love the process. :)

alkanto
03-10-2011, 12:54 PM
I feel like I have a few towers. One is literature - reading, writing, editing...the written word is so amazing, and something I will never stop loving.

Additionally, I add working with animals. It's been my dream since I was a small kid, and now I am in college working towards a degree. I couldn't stand life if I ended up doing anything else.

KindredAutmn
03-10-2011, 12:55 PM
I feel like I have a few towers. One is literature - reading, writing, editing...the written word is so amazing, and something I will never stop loving.

Additionally, I add working with animals. It's been my dream since I was a small kid, and now I am in college working towards a degree. I couldn't stand life if I ended up doing anything else.

awesome towers :D

pathoftheturtle
03-10-2011, 01:29 PM
My Tower is acquiring knowledge in various disciplines and subjects - as pretentious as it may sound, I just love the process. :)Respect. I'm not so sure that an unpretentious obsession is really conceivable, anyway.

Jean
04-04-2011, 03:46 AM
ok guys

I found my Tower - approximately a year ago - and it has all qualifications of one: reasonably dark, making me obsessed with all my heart, mind and soul, and in my opinion, justifying my existence in God's eyes.

Here is the link to my Magnum Opus (http://polanski-oddmanout.blogspot.com/), which I really really wish my friends would read. I also beg you to comment, whether or not you agree with me - only please read first. Since the topic is potentially explosive, I ask you, both as a private ursine person and a mod of this site, not to post any comments here at dtd.org, but only in my blog. I am ready to answer all your questions and/or give any necessary explanations.

I understand that it is quite a lengthy read, so I do not expect any reaction right away. But it is very important for me, like few things have been in my life (well, what would you expect of one's Dark Tower?...), so please read.

pathoftheturtle
04-07-2011, 04:56 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/POTT2007/coal-power-plant-smokestacks.jpg

Melike
04-13-2011, 03:18 AM
I remember reading this thread and thinking about my answer several times, but I couldn't end up writing any. The last months have been tough for me, realization of some things I have learned but I have forgotten. I just saw this thread, once again, I thought about the answer. The Tower is something so unique for Roland. Ok, it is an obsession for him, but it is also a truth that he can give his life away, he become a death machine, he can even leave his friends for it. I believe, that is why I couldn't find it. I am in the search for my Tower. I have a feeling that it will be shaped in them when I have children. It seems to me, it can only be equal to that kind of love.

Jane19
06-06-2011, 02:16 PM
I think that Roland is an obsession for the Tower! he was the only one who can do that.
Maybe we can stop our desperate research to find satisfying motivations for our life and just accept what we are called to do for.We are the one! Roland didn't decide to be obsessed by the tower, he know he had to do it, not for him but for everybody. Are you sure the tower is the point? Is just a title of a book. But 7 books are speaking 'bout a travel.(oh F**K, i could read Lord of the rings! muahahah:P) (sorry for my bad english, hope somebody can correct or understand this)

LadyHitchhiker
06-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Love is my tower.

ICry4Oy
06-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Van's classic slip-on shoes. I'm turning into Imelda Marcos. Over 40 pair and ordered 2 more today. :drool:

mystima
06-08-2011, 09:01 PM
My tower is to become an instructor in what i do. I am a hairdresser, but will not be much longer and I want to pass that knowledge on to others. You can do hair for just so long and then old age sets in and the styles get much more advanced that you have to take more classes. that is something that I don't think I can do much longer so I will just teach what needs to be done.

blavigne
06-09-2011, 05:00 AM
My tower is Roland. I can't ever get enough. Someday I will find my door.