PDA

View Full Version : My mission in life - short/mid/long term goals

fernandito
10-22-2007, 12:17 PM
As the title states, this is a thread for you to post your goals, wheter it be short, medium (?), or long term...just be sure to put My mission in life is to before every post, you know, for humors sake :)

My mission in life - to catch Daggy Waggy browsing the online list!! :D

Matt
10-22-2007, 12:18 PM
My mission in life--

Remember that its mind of matter, if I don't mind, it doesn't matter.

For real.

Daghain
10-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Nice mission, fp. Good luck with that. :lol:

My mission in life -

short term - to get a ton more work done on Towerpedia!

medium term - to get the rest of my condo painted (although that may turn into long term). :lol:

fernandito
10-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Remember that its mind of matter, if I don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Good form!

Dag - I'll get you , sooner or later... :evil:

Daghain
10-22-2007, 12:51 PM
He he he we'll just see about that. :lol:

Erin
10-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Great thread:

Short-term: To stay consistent and effective while training my new puppy so in a year I'll have a well-behaved, obedient dog.

Long-Term: To work hard (mentally and physically) to finally achieve my dream of becoming an FBI agent.

fernandito
10-22-2007, 01:07 PM
Yeah, make sure you train that dog well, you don't want him/her to end up like my dog : He'll growl at you if you go anywhere near his bowl and he sees you :lol:

And an FBI agent? nice! Hope you're successful love.

ZoNeSeeK
10-22-2007, 05:44 PM
Short: have good sleep this week !

Medium: Sort out this looming tax debt im about to get, organise a credit card transfer

Long: Finally enjoying diem's new super slim bikini summer body that shes putting so much effort into :D :D :D :D :D Im a patient guy!!!

MonteGss
10-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Long-Term: To work hard (mentally and physically) to finally achieve my dream of becoming an FBI agent.

You'd be like a Scully!
*falls in love*

I'm just going off the red hair, I know. :)

OchrisO
10-22-2007, 08:29 PM
I no longer have any goals in life.

MonteGss
10-22-2007, 08:57 PM
I no longer have any goals in life.

Dude! For real?
That is at the same time a little upsetting and impressive.
:)

OchrisO
10-22-2007, 09:04 PM
*shrug* I'll probably die by 40 anyway. I'm in college and stuff, but I don't know what I'm doing in the grand scheme of things anymore.

Daghain
10-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Oh please. I didn't get my first degree until I was 32. I was on the 20 year plan. :lol:

Very few people have any real idea what they want to be when they grow up. Most of us just kind of fell into something. :lol:

Brice
10-22-2007, 09:18 PM
My short term goal in life is to make it through one more night without killing these morons I work for.

Darkthoughts
10-23-2007, 02:13 AM
I've been writing and illustrating a graphic novel for kids and my goal is to finish it and start sending it off to publishers. Not sure whether thats a short or long term goal, as I am a major procrastinator and have been working on it for 7 years now :lol:

Letti
10-23-2007, 02:38 AM
I've been writing and illustrating a graphic novel for kids and my goal is to finish it and start sending it off to publishers. Not sure whether thats a short or long term goal, as I am a major procrastinator and have been working on it for 7 years now :lol:

Keep on writing Lisa.
*crosses her fingers for you*

CRinVA
10-23-2007, 04:58 AM
My mission(s) in Life:

Short term - pick the right #s for this weeks Lotto!

Medium term - figure out how to pay for three kids in college at the same time - skip this goal if short tem goal achieved :-)

Long term - retire early enough to enjoy life and do all the things I'd like to do such as sit around and loaf, go fishing, go golfing, travel to exotic places, write a novel, get it published, coach grand children in little league, ...

Storyslinger
10-23-2007, 07:15 AM
Short Term~Finish work on my car
Midterm~Get enough money together for a vacation after this year
Longterm~Retire and move to New Zealand

fernandito
10-23-2007, 02:08 PM
New Zealand? Interesting...do you have family there? Or is it just a fascination with the country?

Bethany
10-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Oh please. I didn't get my first degree until I was 32. I was on the 20 year plan. :lol:

Very few people have any real idea what they want to be when they grow up. Most of us just kind of fell into something. :lol:

i'm going to be a cowgirl ballerina when i grow up.

short term: finish laundry. seriously, i've not put away anything in over 6 weeks.

medium: go on a cruise in july to celebrate something, even if it's just my updated body. so another goal would be to get said body. :P

long: find peace.

ZoNeSeeK
10-23-2007, 03:35 PM
You go to NZ for the scenery :) South Island!
http://proprphotos.com/portfolio/world-travel/Images/IMG_4480.jpg

Storyslinger
10-24-2007, 05:41 AM
New Zealand? Interesting...do you have family there? Or is it just a fascination with the country?

I've always been fasinated with it, plus the rugby

Erin
10-24-2007, 06:29 AM
short term: finish laundry. seriously, i've not put away anything in over 6 weeks.

I really need to do this too. For the past couple weeks I've just been tossing the clean clothes on top of the dryer and digging around in them in the morning. I really need to hang/fold things. :arg:

Storyslinger
10-24-2007, 06:30 AM
I can't navigate my room, its gotten so bad :rolleyes:

Ikilledthecrimsonking
11-02-2007, 05:26 PM
short-live throgh iraq

mid.- Marry my girlfriend Lauren

Long-die painlesly while asleep

Letti
11-02-2007, 10:38 PM
short-live throgh iraq

mid.- Marry my girlfriend Lauren

Long-die painlesly while asleep

I will cross my fingers for you and for Lauren. :rose:

fernandito
11-02-2007, 11:11 PM
mid-term : Finish Twilight Princess

mid-term part 2 : pick up my grades a little, I've been lagging it lately. Eek!

Aesculapius
11-02-2007, 11:22 PM

Awesome view!

I climbed to the peak of Mt. Charleston a few weeks ago. I suppose that was a short term goal accomplished. It's still hard to believe that I climbed up and over this:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/800px-Mount_Charleston_from_west2.jpg

Next up, Mt. Whitney (14,000 plus feet):

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/california-mt-whitney.jpg

ZoNeSeeK
11-02-2007, 11:43 PM
thats awesome will, how long did it take you?

ZoNeSeeK
11-02-2007, 11:44 PM

What do you study, espaniolo ?

Ikilledthecrimsonking
11-03-2007, 08:32 AM

Warning last boss is super had ;)

fernandito
11-10-2007, 12:42 PM
short term goal(s) : finish the three newest books in my collection before years end; finish Zelda before DMC 4 is released. :)

fernandito
12-17-2007, 01:58 PM
Short Term : Take care of this whole passport business a.s.a.p!!

ZoNeSeeK
12-17-2007, 06:32 PM
are you required to have a passport because of your lime-spotted ancestry? :)

CPU
12-18-2007, 08:12 AM
Short-term: make it to next Monday and a weeks worth of vacation time.

Mid-term - Buy an Island and become the worlds first super-criminal with their own island (surrounded by sharks with friggin lasers...)

Long-term - Be first person arrested by FBI Special Agent Erin :lol:

sarah
12-18-2007, 08:39 AM
short term: drink heavy through the holidays

mid -term: plan out and pay for all travels for 2008

ongoing long-term: teach my kids to eat healthy, play nice, have good manners, and know how important an education is.

Erin
12-18-2007, 09:40 PM
Short-term: make it to next Monday and a weeks worth of vacation time.

Mid-term - Buy an Island and become the worlds first super-criminal with their own island (surrounded by sharks with friggin lasers...)

Long-term - Be first person arrested by FBI Special Agent Erin :lol:

:rofl: You gotcha. I'll knock you on the ground and dig my knee into your back while I cuff you. I'll give you the works. :D

ZoNeSeeK
12-18-2007, 10:11 PM
Short Term - make sure this massive dinner we're hosting on saturday goes well, get blind and banged up hopefully ;)

Mid Term - start my new job and all that

Long Term - kidnap George Bush and take him to a nice cosy secret location where he will be safe and warm but UNABLE TO RULE, as maria bamford would say.

LadyHitchhiker
12-24-2007, 09:26 AM
To get my book published and to go to Ireland.

fernandito
12-24-2007, 09:28 AM
Short Term : Take care of this whole passport business a.s.a.p!!

Semi-officially taken care of! :D

Matt
12-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Short Term: Put this hellish day to bed!!

I can't wait to get my presents. :rock:

Ruthful
12-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Oh man, FP. I hope you didn't decide to get your passport at this time of year.

There was a guy who needed to get a passport for his wife. He decided to go to my post office on the same day that I was mailing off some parcels to my DT friends a week ago, along with dozens of others who had come there for a similar purpose. He almost had a brain embolism, figuratively speaking.

I'm glad I got mine a year before the 9/11 massacres, not that I've ever used it for its intended purpose, but it's still fun to mock those who decided to procrastinate.

Good luck on your long-term goal, Erin!

I interviewed with a recruiter for the Central Intelligence Agency a few months ago. Needless to say, it was a complete and utter disaster. Hope things go better for you in your quest to be a domestic gumshoe.

Bethany, if you want that body you should just steal it. Thin people are weak and low in protein, so they don't put up much of a fight.

RUBE
12-29-2007, 11:01 PM
My mission:

short-term:
have sex with my wife

long-term:
the way the short-term goal is going, eventually have sex with my wife

OchrisO
12-29-2007, 11:12 PM
Short Term Goal: Spend New Years Eve drinking and smoking so much stuff that I kill all of the brain cells that make me think about/miss ex-girlfriends, if I actually manage to wake up the next day.

Ka-mai
04-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Mid-term: Only eat fast food once a week, and then eventually maybe take it to every ten days or so.

alinda
04-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Take my time more, I mean why hurry?
52 years have flown by, and the days go faster
all the time, so yeah, my goal is to put the brakes
on and coast on out.......slowly!

fernandito
04-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Mid-term: Only eat fast food once a week, and then eventually maybe take it to every ten days or so.

I'm on that same boat, Sarah. Luckily I counter fast food with sports and exercise, but I still want to cut down, irregardless.

Ka-mai
04-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Irregardless isn't a word lol.

I watched Supersize Me and it made me feel bad. But fast food is so delicious... :(

fernandito
04-04-2008, 10:29 AM
It is too a word! It's a mexican word, like 'yob' as in "I'm applying for a yob".

Ka-mai
04-04-2008, 10:30 AM
...Right.

Mattrick
04-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Irregardless isn't a word lol.

Usage Note: Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.

an erroneous word that, etymologically, means the exact opposite of what it is used to express

I watched Supersize Me and it made me feel bad. But fast food is so delicious... :(

His results are incredibly skewed due to the fact he's essentially a vegetarian and his body is not used to breaking down and using meat, especially an increased amount of poor quality meat. It's just another pathetic attempt to sensationalize what everyone already knows. I'm really surprised that Michael Moore didn't make it, he's the king at telling everyone what they already know. America has a gun problem? Poor and biased and corrupt health care? Hidden reasons for going to war? WOW, I didn't know that. Michael Moore is a hack. :nope:

Girlystevedave
04-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Short term: Find something for lunch
Mid term: Go down in a blaze of glory when I quit this job (Yeah, just like Bon Jovi)
Long term: Drive cross country with my sister

Ka-mai
04-04-2008, 11:21 AM
Well Canadians have a shitload of guns and they don't kill each other.

The guy who did Supersize Me said he thinks "meat is delicious" so I doubt he's "essentially a vegetarian" even if his girlfriend is vegan.

I don't like Michael Moore either, but sometimes he says something interesting. Occasionally.

LadyHitchhiker
04-04-2008, 11:53 AM
My long-term mission is to make a difference in the world.
My shorter term goal is to finish typing up my book and get it published.
My short short goal is to draw more pictures for Letti and send them out.

Letti
04-04-2008, 01:10 PM
My short short goal is to draw more pictures for Letti and send them out.

Music to my ears.. :wub:

Brice
04-05-2008, 05:56 AM
Take my time more, I mean why hurry?
52 years have flown by, and the days go faster
all the time, so yeah, my goal is to put the brakes
on and coast on out.......slowly!

wise woman

fernandito
07-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Short Term : Finish A Clash of Kings by months-end. :)

LemurJones
07-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Short term: Get my learner's permit before I go up to new hampshire on the 18th.

Mid-term : Have baby.

Long term : Finish school.

valtr0n
07-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Short-term: Get a house.

Mid-term: Start a business.

Long-term: Facilitate a change of some kind in my community/state/nation, by any means necessary.

Ka-mai
07-09-2008, 04:51 PM
VAL!!!!!

:panic:

Good to see you. :P

valtr0n
07-09-2008, 05:06 PM
VAL!!!!!

:panic:

Good to see you. :P

:huglove:

Ka-mai
07-09-2008, 05:19 PM
:wub: To what do we owe the honor of your presence?

valtr0n
07-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Boredom makes people do strange things.

That, and most of you are fairly cool.

:P

Ka-mai
07-10-2008, 10:55 AM
:P Awesome.

In going with my recent wedding craziness (Erika's fault), I have these two goals:

mid-term: Be an awesome bridesmaid for Erika.
long-term: Have an awesome wedding for myself. :P

Lee
07-10-2008, 11:27 AM
short term: Get to the beach sometime today. :)

Midterm: Get things in order and maybe start planning for a honeymoon then a baby

Longterm: Have a long happy marriage with my husband and still be in love. :wub:

Tiffany
07-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Shortterm: Keep myself busy/distracted while the husband is away over the weekend.
Midterm: Find a reasonably-priced house with a/c and a finished basement.
Longterm: Be a good mother.

Edit: VAL! You meat-purist, you. How's tricks?

valtr0n
07-12-2008, 12:02 PM
short-term: finish motorcycle class tomorrow. riding a motorcycle around a parking lot in long sleeves and pants and a helmet and gloves is NOT fun. But it is.

cozener
07-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Right now I have only one mission in life...I wanna look good naked.

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/dreamworks_skg/american_beauty/kevin_spacey/ab.jpg

Tiffany
07-12-2008, 06:33 PM
That's a pretty good mission.

CPU
07-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Shortterm: Crush the enemy.
Midterm: See the enemy driven before me.
Longterm: Hear the lamentations of the enemies women.

fernandito
07-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Are you referring to Diablo III? :lol:

cozener
07-14-2008, 11:22 AM
He's quoting Conan...magnificent bastard that he is. :D

CPU
07-14-2008, 11:36 AM
:P

Seymour_Glass
07-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Short Term: Make sure that people show up to this charity show I'm running.
Mid term: Write. Make a movie.
Long term: Go on a Jack Kerouac road trip, write comics and make more movies.

theBeamisHome
10-10-2008, 06:18 AM
My short term goal is to make a thread about education, get my car tomorrow in DC, find lunch
My mid term goal is to marry my Nigel, bring my grades up in school
My long term goal is to get my degree in biology secondary education, inspire kids to wanna learn more all the time, and start a school for the elite (basically everyone smart enough, not necessarily rich).