PDA

View Full Version : Moments from the books you think would be good on camera...(spoilers)

childe nolan-d
03-10-2011, 12:00 PM
Stole this from another site, but here are some that I liked... I cut out repetitions and came up with 19. Most of these are not mine. Please add to the discussion.

(Potential spoilers from the books ahead)

1. The shoot-out in Tull (obviously)

2. When Roland meets the Man in Black in the castle and says 'finally. Finally in my sights'.

3. Roland and Susannah in the tunnels, being followed by a huge creature in the dark.

4. The final showdown with the Crimson King as written could translate well. However, I would prefer if they changed it to make him a more substantive adversary.

5. When Roland approaches the first door on the beach.

6. I think the Lobstrosities will make the audience "gasp" nicely as well :)

7. When Roland goes 'into' Eddie, and is on the airplane. That whole scene. Plus airport security.

8. Shootout in Balazar's palace.

9. Shardik....gooey worms coming out of his nose and mouth......gigantic rage.

10. Any and all flashbacks that contain Cort!!!!

11. Oy scenes....but only if they do it right.

12. Blaine.

12. The chases through the concrete city could be a really good build up to Blaine.

13. The hanging of the cook

14. The house with the demon portal

15. The end fight in Calla

16. The Dixie Pig

17. Young Roland, Alain, and Cuthbert gunning down 40 men on horseback.

18. Approaching Los' castle.

19. Charyou Tree, with Roland's tearful eyes held by the flashing Maerlyn's Grapefruit and Susan's exclamation. That was the second most powerful moment in the series after the ending. It will be a shame if it's not in one of the theatrical releases and is part of the NBC series instead. It will be gutted.

Slender
03-14-2011, 08:46 AM
The palaver with the man in black at the end of The Gunslinger. When I started thinking how the books would translate to film, I began to visualise this scene as a sort of hallucinatory mental battle, a little bit like the ending of It. Walter shows Roland visions of the cosmos and orders him to forsake the Tower... and Roland fights back.

Son of Paul
03-23-2011, 06:24 AM
I think watching Roland-as-Mort running through the subway, on fire, and leaping in front of a speeding train, will make a great sequence. As I stated in another thread, I feel the first two books are gonna have to be the first movie, so this right here is a great climax to it.

blavigne
03-23-2011, 12:21 PM
I want to see Roland dance and Oy bow ;)

mystima
03-24-2011, 01:18 AM
Seeing the Ka-Tet with Red shoes. especially Oy

RainInSpain
03-24-2011, 09:17 AM
Jake seeing the Rose for the first time. If done right, this could be unforgettable. (I'm not holding my breath, though.)
Gran-pere Jaffords flashback about how Molly Doolin killed a Wolf - as far as action stuff goes.
Mia's "eating expeditions" - both the imaginary world and what Susannah did in reality.

Jean
03-25-2011, 04:37 AM
(I'm not holding my breath, though.) Precisely.

Letti
03-26-2011, 01:25 AM
Everything. And nothing. If it makes any sense.

Jean
03-26-2011, 05:26 AM
yes, it does

Bethany
03-26-2011, 07:28 AM
Can you imagine zooming through the wastelands on Blaine in IMAX?

///Ficarra
03-26-2011, 09:09 AM
+1 for the young Roland, Cuthbert and Alain gunning down the horseman in WAG. One of my favorite moments in the books. So awesome.

RainInSpain
03-28-2011, 07:09 AM
Can you imagine zooming through the wastelands on Blaine in IMAX?

Just tried imagining this and got motion sickness :lol:
This can be made very exciting in IMAX.

Sefear
04-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Callahan's story, when he jumps out of the building to save himself from getting turned by the vampires and low-men. Think of it everytime I hear "Someone Saved My Life Tonight".

Delah
04-05-2011, 05:36 AM
The entire bridge scene going into Lud. Done properly, it could really take the audience on a wild ride. Ratchet up the tension by showing us how dilapidated the bridge is, how scared Eddie is, making it more and more suspenseful until Jake and Oy (almost) fall. Then let the audience breathe a sigh of relief after Jake and Oy are rescued -- pan the camera -- and there's Gasher, against the backdrop of Lud, and all the tension and suspense returns. As nervous as I am about the movies, I think that has the potential to be a great, great scene.

fivethirtytwo
05-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Roland & Oy weeping to Amazing Grace playing on the car radio. Although I think they should play some other sad, contemporary song instead in the movie (Coldplay's Everything's Not Lost comes to mind).

beam*seeker
05-03-2011, 08:22 AM
Detta breaking the plates, shoplifting and being a tease at the honky tonks
Mordred sucking out Walter's eyeballs
Passage through the Cave of the VOices as the Manni open magic door and
the door home from New England
Black 13 attempting to seduce Father Callahan and Jake
Mind trap with cartoon dinosaurs where Oy and Jake trade places
Birthing of Mordred and Mia getting sucked dry and mummifying
Showdown with Susan, Roland and the 3 Stephen Kings at the Castle of the CK