PDA

View Full Version : 11/22/63 Collecting Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

biomieg
03-02-2011, 07:26 AM
Thanks to Bev in another thread (outside the Corner):

http://www.stephenking.com/promo/11-22-63/announcement/

On November 22, 1963, three shots rang out in Dallas,
President Kennedy died, and the world changed.

If you had the chance to change history, would you?
Would the consequences be worth it?

Jake Epping is a thirty-five-year-old high school English teacher in Lisbon Falls, Maine, who makes extra money teaching adults in the GED program. He receives an essay from one of the students—a gruesome, harrowing first person story about the night 50 years ago when Harry Dunning’s father came home and killed his mother, his sister, and his brother with a hammer. Harry escaped with a smashed leg, as evidenced by his crooked walk.

Not much later, Jake’s friend Al, who runs the local diner, divulges a secret: his storeroom is a portal to 1958. He enlists Jake on an insane—and insanely possible—mission to try to prevent the Kennedy assassination. So begins Jake’s new life as George Amberson and his new world of Elvis and JFK, of big American cars and sock hops, of a troubled loner named Lee Harvey Oswald and a beautiful high school librarian named Sadie Dunhill, who becomes the love of Jake’s life—a life that transgresses all the normal rules of time.

Tito_Villa
03-02-2011, 07:28 AM
Really looking forward to this ... a big novel at around 1,000 pages too!

jhanic
03-02-2011, 07:36 AM
:excited:

John

Pasiuk57
03-02-2011, 07:37 AM
Just read that the name of the book will be
11/23/63
Simon and Schuster website

On November 22, 1963, three shots rang out in Dallas, President Kennedy died, and the world changed. What if you could change it back? Stephen King’s heart-stoppingly dramatic new novel is about a man who travels back in time to prevent the JFK assassination

available 11/8/11

jhanic
03-02-2011, 07:40 AM
Here's the Hodder page:

http://www.hodder.co.uk/news_events/news.aspx?ArticleID=253

It looks like they've also published a picture of the cover.

John

biomieg
03-02-2011, 07:45 AM
Where did you find the information on the page count, Tom? I'm also looking forward to it, and the bigger the better! I loved UNDER THE DOME and I can't wait to immerse myself in a new epic King book again.

Tito_Villa
03-02-2011, 07:52 AM
Where did you find the information on the page count, Tom? I'm also looking forward to it, and the bigger the better! I loved UNDER THE DOME and I can't wait to immerse myself in a new epic King book again.

It said on the e-mail i got off StephenKing.com

The next book titled 11/22/63 (approx. 1,000 pages) due to be published on November 8, 2011 by Scribner and Hodder & Stoughton is the story of a man who travels back in time to prevent the JFK assassination.

Bev Vincent
03-02-2011, 07:56 AM
Ms. Mod posted that it was ~1000 pages on the SKMB

Tito_Villa
03-02-2011, 07:58 AM
I wonder i their will be a signing tour!?!?!

LostAlivE
03-02-2011, 07:59 AM
Has anyone heard if there will be a limited edition or anything with this one?

Bev Vincent
03-02-2011, 08:09 AM
No news on either a tour or any special editions, according to Ms. Mod.

Ben Mears
03-02-2011, 08:27 AM
960 pages...this will be epic!

Patrick
03-02-2011, 08:37 AM
Just saw the email announcement from Simon & Schuster. Very excited!

Here's the short video promo:

http://112263book.com/?mcd=ea&cp_type=ea&md=epb&cp_date=110301&custd=161623&view_pc_site=1&view_pc_site=1

The linked page also has a link to sign up for email updates.]

Brice
03-02-2011, 08:53 AM
They should postpone it a couple weeks.

Patrick
03-02-2011, 08:55 AM
They should postpone it a couple weeks.
They probably don't want to release it on the anniversary of the assassination as it would be perceived as a cheap publicity stunt in very bad taste.

mae
03-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Ms. Mod posted that it was ~1000 pages on the SKMB

The book is up for preorder on Amazon with an ISBN and pagecount of 960.

mae
03-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Other than Wikipedia, what would you folks recommend to read up on the JFK assassination? I'll watch the Oliver Stone film (seen parts of it a while ago), but would like a nice factual narrative to get ready for the novel.

Ben Mears
03-02-2011, 10:00 AM
I'll bet Bob has the ARC already! :)

herbertwest
03-02-2011, 10:01 AM
i really hope for a booksigning in London : there would be NO WAY i would miss it this time.

Cloysterpete
03-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Other than Wikipedia, what would you folks recommend to read up on the JFK assassination? I'll watch the Oliver Stone film (seen parts of it a while ago), but would like a nice factual narrative to get ready for the novel.

Good idea, Its not my history so I don't know the specifics, apart from there seems to be a thousand and one conspiracy theories going around about the assassination.

jhanic
03-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Don't believe that there is any factual basis for Stone's movie. It's complete fiction.

I remember that day very well. I was in college at the time, and had just walked my girl friend (now my wife) to her class. I was in a bookstore just across the street from the building where she was and they had a radio playing in the background. I finally realized just what they were saying on the radio, almost in a complete state of shock. As soon as she got out of class (she had to take a quiz--this was after she heard what was going on just before taking the quiz!) we walked to one of the dorms where they had a television playing. I've never heard a crowd of college students be that quiet!

John

shnnrc01
03-02-2011, 10:25 AM
almost a 1000 pages,wow! another biggie!

Rahfa
03-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Ugh...I'm sure I'll read it at some point, but it won't be right away.

I don't see the purpose...speculative fiction has its place, but of all the stories to tell this strikes me as un-compelling as I could imagine. It doesn't matter how it ends, becuase why am I supposed to care? What will probably happen is he does NOT change history, for some reason the book will explain.

mae
03-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Ugh...I'm sure I'll read it at some point, but it won't be right away.

I don't see the purpose...speculative fiction has its place, but of all the stories to tell this strikes me as un-compelling as I could imagine. It doesn't matter how it ends, becuase why am I supposed to care? What will probably happen is he does NOT change history, for some reason the book will explain.

Really? I can't wait. And King's never done alternate history so this is cool.

I think this won't be so much about JFK as just the era of the time.

Rahfa
03-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Eh...I'm sure you're right. At 900+ pages it's going to have an epic sprawl (although at the same page length, UtD cried out for an aggressive editor...).

But...it just makes me sad thinking what we can't change...I don't read fiction to be reminded of lousy events from the past. If it's a subplot, fine, but to stamp the book undeniably about the JFK events just leaves it nowhere to go in my mind.

However, since I'm making all these claims from a few posts on a message board, it's not really fair criticism anyway...still, I'm not excited.

ELazansky
03-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Don't believe that there is any factual basis for Stone's movie. It's complete fiction.

Wasn't Jim Garrison's book "On The Trail of the Assassins" the inspiration for the movie?

mae
03-02-2011, 11:12 AM
I think this could be like a serious Back to the Future :)

Brice
03-02-2011, 11:14 AM

Good idea, Its not my history so I don't know the specifics, apart from there seems to be a thousand and one conspiracy theories going around about the assassination.

Stone's movie was based on Crossfire by Jim Mars along with JFK: The CIA, Vietnam and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy by L. Fletcher Prouty. I'm not sure what I believe, but I basically read everything I can get my hands on regarding the subject.

Rahfa
03-02-2011, 11:14 AM

Wasn't Jim Garrison's book "On The Trail of the Assassins" the inspiration for the movie?

Yes, partly...the problem is Garrison was kind of nuts, too. He's actually in the movie.

There's factual basis for some of it...but it was a real stretch; huge chunks were total fantasy - Garrison didn't even give the pivoltal closing arguments in the movie.

Brian James Freeman
03-02-2011, 11:16 AM
960 pages...this will be epic!

It sounds very cool... I can't wait! :)

Best,
Brian

Ricky
03-02-2011, 01:17 PM
I'm hoping the JFK plot is just to serve as a reminder that we can't change the past, rather than the whole novel revolving around a character trying to prevent the assassination. I think that the latter might bore me just a little.

carlosdetweiller
03-02-2011, 01:50 PM
I'll bet Bob has the ARC already! :)

I don't have one yet but I really want to read it to find out if there was indeed a second shooter over by the grassy knoll. I've always wondered about that. Guess I'll have to wait a while longer.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Who is JFK?

Bev Vincent
03-02-2011, 01:59 PM
He's the ambassador to the United Nations in the alternate Fringe universe.

Sir_Boomme
03-02-2011, 02:15 PM
curious that the main character is named Jake - perhaps he is a gunslinging twinner

jhanic
03-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Who is JFK?

He was President John Fitzgerald Kennedy. He was assassinated on 11/22/63.

John

Randall Flagg
03-02-2011, 04:08 PM

Ricky
03-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Just throwing this out there: what if the character that is trying to prevent the assassination--by intervening--is actually the cause of it? Hmm...

LostAlivE
03-02-2011, 04:34 PM
He's the ambassador to the United Nations in the alternate Fringe universe.

LOL....... love that show. Can't wait for the book either.

Merlin1958
03-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Ican see the future.....................The future has some serious thread merging in it!!!!!

LOL :P

east-tennessee
03-02-2011, 08:45 PM
I was born that year-----2/27/63............I was 9 months & 5 days old at the time of the assassination.......
I look forward to reading this, I'm sure it will be an epic novel with many interesting charcters as with Under the Dome.
What will King do with the ending? can't wait to finnd out.
Anyone with contacts or access to an ARC please pm me....

Thanks Brian....

Patrick
03-02-2011, 10:30 PM

I remember that day very well. I was in college at the time, and had just walked my girl friend (now my wife) to her class. I was in a bookstore just across the street from the building where she was and they had a radio playing in the background. I finally realized just what they were saying on the radio, almost in a complete state of shock. As soon as she got out of class (she had to take a quiz--this was after she heard what was going on just before taking the quiz!) we walked to one of the dorms where they had a television playing. I've never heard a crowd of college students be that quiet!

John
Personally I wasn't born until about 16 months after the event. Thank you for sharing your experience of that day, John.

Jimimck
03-03-2011, 01:28 AM
Even as a 34 year old who lives in a different country, I am very excited about this book. I probably know more about US political history than I do about my own country, and so am keen to read King's alternative vrsion. As always, for an epic, there will be great characters that intertwine in so many ways.

Can't wait!!!

Maybe this could be the book for Grant to do next... (just re-lighting the "We want a new grant publication" dream lol)

ICry4Oy
03-03-2011, 06:31 AM

First you'll have to have yourself hypnotized to remove all knowledge of the Oliver Stone film because, although entertaining, it is complete hooey.

I also remember that day. I remember being in class (elementary school) and the principal came in and pulled the teacher out into the hall. She soon came back in the class and told everyone to gather up their stuff because school was letting out. No other explanation, just "go home". By the time we got out of the building the high school kids had already spread the word about what happened around the campus (it was a grades 1 thru 12 school).

Keep in mind that this was a school in a small Mississippi town.

Most of the kids were celebrating! I heard things like "YEAH! They got that n-word lover in Dallas!!!" Some of the kids were probably just happy because we were getting the day off but most of them were actually thrilled that JFK was shot.

Later that evening my parents dragged us all over to a nearby person's house for a party. An actual party.

I was only a kid but that day was burned in my mind and I always like to think of it as the day I became self-aware. I was too young to completely grasp the situation but I knew that a man was killed and that these backward-ass people were happy about it because in their minds he was a threat to their "whiteness". Looking back on it, it almost seems like I was plunked down into a horrifying episode of The Twilight Zone.

But Pablo, if you really want to know more about JFK and those times, I'd recommend talking to some older folken.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-03-2011, 06:49 AM

First you'll have to have yourself hypnotized to remove all knowledge of the Oliver Stone film because, although entertaining, it is complete hooey.

Even more hooey, is the latest doctored film showing the limo driver shooting JFK with a pistol.

mikeC
03-03-2011, 07:24 AM
Sounds like a book Ron Mclarty would narrate, hopefully it will not be sir Raul.

mikeC
03-03-2011, 07:31 AM
There was a door marked Dallas 1963 in the DT series, right?

Bev Vincent
03-03-2011, 07:47 AM
Yes, in Book 7, Susannah sees doors labeled: Shanghai, Bombay and Dallas (November 1963)

And then there's this passage: "Ted and his friends were pretty amazed by the rotunda where all the doors are, especially the one going to Dallas in 1963, where President Kennedy was killed. We found another door two levels down—this is where most of the passages are—that goes to Ford's Theater, where President Lincoln was assassinated in 1865. There's even a poster for the play he was watching when Booth shot him. Our American Cousin, it was called. What kind of people would want to go and watch things like that?"

thegreattim
03-03-2011, 07:58 AM
And elsewhere (I'm not exactly sure where) King makes at least one reference to Kennedy as the last American Gunslinger...

I have a feeling this book will be laced with DT connections.

mae
03-03-2011, 08:13 AM

Portals. Nuff said.

Darkday
03-03-2011, 02:03 PM
When King spoke about this story for the first time, in 2007, he revealed a great deal more about the plot than what was announced now. Spoilers ahead!

I'd like to tell a time-travel story where this guy finds a diner that connects to 1958 ... you always go back to the same day. So one day he goes back and just stays. Leaves his 2007 life behind. His goal? To get up to November 22, 1963, and stop Lee Harvey Oswald. He does, and he's convinced he's just FIXED THE WORLD. But when he goes back to '07, the world's a nuclear slag-heap. Not good to fool with Father Time. So then he has to go back again and stop himself ... only he's taken on a fatal dose of radiation, so it's a race against time.

But who knows to which extent the novel will follow these early ideas.

Ricky
03-03-2011, 04:18 PM
That's really interesting. Do you happen to have an interview/article reference? I'm curious as to who he was speaking with when sharing that information.

DanishCollector
03-03-2011, 04:28 PM
It's from a letter by King in Marvel Spotlight. It's also in issue two of The Gunslinger Born comic. He lists some other ideas, as well, and maybe his new comic Afterlife will be one of those other ideas.

mae
03-03-2011, 07:10 PM
And it's also collected in The Gunslinger Born hardcover.

johnsmith87
03-03-2011, 07:40 PM
And elsewhere (I'm not exactly sure where) King makes at least one reference to Kennedy as the last American Gunslinger...

Yes, in The Drawing of the Three he's referred to as the last American gunslinger. It's hard not to believe the new book will be Dark Tower related, at least in some way.

Just a heads up to everyone to be careful about DT spoilers here :cowboy:

pathoftheturtle
03-03-2011, 08:41 PM

Yes, in The Drawing of the Three he's referred to as the last American gunslinger. It's hard not to believe the new book will be Dark Tower related, at least in some way.Well, not hard to believe that it will be, at least. In DotT, Odetta didn't care for that description of Kennedy, as a "gunslinger." And then they talked about him again in DT7 before the castle.

Randall Flagg
03-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Please post the numerology ideas in the Random Comments thread.

jhanic
03-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Simon & Schuster has said 11/22/63 is going to be 864 pages.

http://www.simonandschuster.com/search?term=11%2F22%2F63

John

Rahfa
03-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Good lord...864 pages? UtD was at least 150 pages too long...he cries out for an editor, but I guess he's too powerful.

pathoftheturtle
03-18-2011, 05:09 PM
If they edit him, he'll just publish an unabridged edition later and all of us will buy both of them.

Randall Flagg
03-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Good lord...864 pages? UtD was at least 150 pages too long...he cries out for an editor, but I guess he's too powerful.
Perhaps that is the edited version.

Merlin1958
03-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Personally, I'll read every damn page he write's. Good or bad!!!!!!

Rahfa
03-18-2011, 05:47 PM

Oh, I'm sure it's edited...but I'm also sure it's not edited enough. Full Dark was SO much better than UtD, and it's because the stories were tight and controlled.

It's like these 2 hr. 45 min. movies like Avatar that are overplotted and overlong...than look at any horror movie from the 1950s and they got the job done in 85 minutes. Nobody knows how to STOP anymore.

Merlin1958
03-18-2011, 05:50 PM

Oh, I'm sure it's edited...but I'm also sure it's not edited enough. Full Dark was SO much better than UtD, and it's because the stories were tight and controlled.

It's like these 2 hr. 45 min. movies like Avatar that are overplotted and overlong...than look at any horror movie from the 1950s and they got the job done in 85 minutes. Nobody knows how to STOP anymore.

Well, you may have a point there. With King though everything prior to the "end" is usually great. He just seems to have a problem stopping!!!!! Know what I mean?

biomieg
04-20-2011, 10:41 AM
http://www.stephenking.com/promo/11-22-63/dust_jacket/11-22-63_cover_800.jpg

Ric
04-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Nice find Michaël! Not sure if I like it yet! :lol:

johnsmith87
04-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Ugh.... it's not horrible I guess, but I wish it was simpler. There's a lot going on there.

divemaster
04-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Oh, I like it! Front cover/back cover dichotomy; using the newspaper to tell the story (remember, 1963 was before Internet and newspapers were where most people got their news).

jhanic
04-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Or TV or the radio. (I like the cover also!)

John

harrison ryan
04-20-2011, 01:01 PM
I like it, too. It would be nice if the dust jacket was made of a textured matte paper and die-cut along the ripped edge on the front with the title and author showing as-is and the alternate version of the headline printed beneath on glossy boards.

Randall Flagg
04-20-2011, 01:23 PM
I think it is brilliant. Unfortunately it will be marred by a UPC. Hopefully the UPC won't cover the picture on the bottom back of the DJ

beam*seeker
04-20-2011, 02:18 PM
When King spoke about this story for the first time, in 2007, he revealed a great deal more about the plot than what was announced now. Spoilers ahead!

I'd like to tell a time-travel story where this guy finds a diner that connects to 1958 ... you always go back to the same day. So one day he goes back and just stays. Leaves his 2007 life behind. His goal? To get up to November 22, 1963, and stop Lee Harvey Oswald. He does, and he's convinced he's just FIXED THE WORLD. But when he goes back to '07, the world's a nuclear slag-heap. Not good to fool with Father Time. So then he has to go back again and stop himself ... only he's taken on a fatal dose of radiation, so it's a race against time.

But who knows to which extent the novel will follow these early ideas. methinks this sounds like the movie, "The Butterfly Effect" but interesting

Patrick
04-21-2011, 05:57 PM
I think it is brilliant. Unfortunately it will be marred by a UPC. Hopefully the UPC won't cover the picture on the bottom back of the DJ

I agree.

Stupid UPC messing up my book.

Merlin1958
04-21-2011, 06:00 PM

I agree.

I agree. they should put it on the inside, front DJ flap

jhanic
05-20-2011, 07:23 AM
I just noticed that the UK version of this book is entitled 11.22.63, not the American 11/22/63. Interesting!

John

biomieg
05-20-2011, 08:12 AM
John, when do you expect the first proof sightings in the wild?

jhanic
05-20-2011, 08:18 AM
I figure around the latter part of July or the beginning of August. I am really looking forward to this book!

John

MLG
05-20-2011, 09:48 AM
You would have a retailer revolt. It is all about efficiency of scanning.

I agree.

I agree. they should put it on the inside, front DJ flap

Merlin1958
05-20-2011, 06:47 PM
This is just my considered best guess, but I think CD is announcing the Limited's for this book on Monday. What do you folks think?

Ben Staad
05-20-2011, 09:23 PM
This is just my considered best guess, but I think CD is announcing the Limited's for this book on Monday. What do you folks think?

I hope you are correct. I think they would do a good job with this and I can't wait.

frik
05-20-2011, 10:50 PM

I do hope so, but wasn't the Full Dark No Stars limited announced pretty close to, or even after the date of publication?
Doesn't mean anything, of course, but still....

sk

biomieg
05-20-2011, 11:36 PM
I think it would be too early, considering CD's new policy to only announce new books when they're practically ready to be shipped. I would find it hard to believe that a limited edition is almost done when the uncorrected proofs for the trade version haven't even been sent out.

Also, I think CD producing another King title this soon after BLOCKADE BILLY and the limited FDNS is unlikely.

Patrick
05-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Maybe they're on a roll?
If not CD, I hope someone does a limited edition of this new book.

jhanic
05-27-2011, 05:22 PM
Ms Mod at the SKMB has stated that the Scribner edition will be 864 pages.

John

Ricky
05-27-2011, 05:24 PM
That's a nice length, in my opinion. Long enough to be exciting, not too long that it drags on.

frik
05-28-2011, 04:27 AM
Long enough to be exciting, not too long that it drags on.

Hm..The Girl Who loved Tom Gordon just dragged on and on......all two hundred pages....

sk

Ricky
05-28-2011, 06:37 AM
I didn't feel that way at all. Difference of opinion, I guess.

cgallagh44
05-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Already preordered mine with CD...what a great DJ. Has anyone seen what the slipcase will look like yet?

Ric
05-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Slipcase or no, there's no way I'm spending $60 on a trade edition. I'll wait for the limited and grab the trade from Amazon for $12.

George at C-Springs
06-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else yet, maybe I missed it .... Simon & Schuster advertising "11/22/63 Special Signed Edition" for $150 to be available on or around 8 Nov. No other info, no mention of an S/L, just this. Also no option to buy or preorder, no "Add to Cart" .. not yet anyway.

http://books.simonandschuster.com/11-22-63-Special-Signed-Edition/Stephen-King/9781451663853

jhanic
06-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Interesting! I hope they do a better job of this than they did with Under the Dome. Of course, I'll be getting one anyway, but...

John

George at C-Springs
06-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Anyone here have a contact at Simon & Shuster who can find out more details about the signed edition?

Merlin1958
06-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Good looking out, George!!!! I bookmarked it and will keep checking. I'm also on the S&S mailing list. Hope they blast an announcement!!!!

jhanic
06-01-2011, 12:59 PM
I tried to post the link on the SKMB but, although Ms Mod said the post was approved, it never showed up. I wonder if S&S jumped the gun.

John

biomieg
06-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Interesting! I hope they do a better job of this than they did with Under the Dome.

The issue price of the S/L UNDER THE DOME was $200, this one is listed at $150. If anything, this implies even lower production values. Or am I being a pessimist here?

DanishCollector
06-01-2011, 02:23 PM
There's an excerpt on Simon & Schuster's site.

Randall Flagg
06-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Interesting! I hope they do a better job of this than they did with Under the Dome. Of course, I'll be getting one anyway, but...

John
They won't.

Anyone here have a contact at Simon & Shuster who can find out more details about the signed edition?
Yes, but I can not share.

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else yet, maybe I missed it .... Simon & Schuster advertising "11/22/63 Special Signed Edition" for $150 to be available on or around 8 Nov. No other info, no mention of an S/L, just this. Also no option to buy or preorder, no "Add to Cart" .. not yet anyway.

http://books.simonandschuster.com/11-22-63-Special-Signed-Edition/Stephen-King/9781451663853

Cook
06-01-2011, 05:21 PM

$ 150.00 Not Bad

Cook
06-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Randall,
Do you happen to know qty of signed this time?

Randall Flagg
06-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Randall,
Do you happen to know qty of signed this time?
No. Fluid situation.

Patrick
06-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Jerome is such a tease. :P

Merlin1958
06-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Jerome is such a tease. :P

Must drive his wife NUTS!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL

herbertwest
06-02-2011, 02:58 AM
the link doesnt work anymore... maybe it wasnt supposed to be exposed?

CRinVA
06-02-2011, 04:18 AM
Well here is another Scribner LINK (http://112263book.com/excerpt.pdf) that you might like!!!!!

That is, if you want to read a brief excerpt form this upcoming novel! :-)

carlosdetweiller
06-02-2011, 04:26 AM
the link doesnt work anymore... maybe it wasnt supposed to be exposed?

It is working for me.

surly
06-02-2011, 05:26 AM
I can get the link to work, just no "buy" button that I can see.
I hope it's not another case of US orders only.

carlosdetweiller
06-02-2011, 05:31 AM
I can get the link to work, just no "buy" button that I can see.
I hope it's not another case of US orders only.

I don't think there ever was a "buy" button. If there was I would have hit it a couple of days ago like, I'm sure, most everyone else reading this forum. There will probably be one added as Nov. 8 approaches, I guessing.

Rahfa
06-02-2011, 06:16 AM
I think we can anticipate a flatsigned, un-numbered edition in a slipcase, otherwise the same as the trade.....but, for $150, I wouldn't expect much more anyhow.

Randall Flagg
06-02-2011, 06:26 AM
Don't get your hopes up for a slipcase.

Jimimck
06-02-2011, 12:47 PM

I hope The Collector and CD are listening....:)

Rahfa
06-02-2011, 12:55 PM

Oh, that's right...the limited UtD didn't come with a slipcase, did it?

herbertwest
06-02-2011, 01:40 PM
the link works now... and there is a similar page on amazon, without the price.

LostAlivE
06-03-2011, 04:26 AM
Is Hodder & Stoughton going to have a "11/22/63 Special Signed Edition" also?
You know King is signing all of these books here lately or is going to be I would rather him sign more copies of TWTTK say 1250 instead of the 800 he is going to be signing.
He says The Dark series is one of his top accomplishments but he is kinda messing with the collectors with only signing 800.

carlosdetweiller
06-03-2011, 04:32 AM
You know King is signing all of these books here lately or is going to be I would rather him sign more copies of TWTTK say 1250 instead of the 800 he is going to be signing.
He says The Dark series is one of his top accomplishments but he is kinda messing with the collectors with only signing 800.

I agree with what you are saying but King doesn't really care very much about collectors, IMO. His words and actions have made that pretty clear over the years.

Roseannebarr
06-03-2011, 06:55 AM
The link to the 11/22/63 Special signed Edition is no longer listed at Simon and Schuster

It is only showing the ebook and regular book. :ninja:

killbourne
06-08-2011, 01:32 PM
The link to the 11/22/63 Special signed Edition is no longer listed at Simon and Schuster

Same here. If anyone has a working link, please let us know.

thegreattim
06-09-2011, 12:43 AM

I agree with what you are saying but King doesn't really care very much about collectors, IMO. His words and actions have made that pretty clear over the years.

I agree with you. King has always been a writer and a personality for the common folk. He's far more about the mass market than the limited edition.

frik
06-09-2011, 06:30 AM

Same here. If anyone has a working link, please let us know.

I pre-ordered two at Amazon.com a couple of days ago.
Also there it's no longer listed.

sk

jhanic
06-09-2011, 06:51 AM
Are you orders still there or have they been erased also?

John

frik
06-09-2011, 07:49 AM
Shipping Estimate: November 8, 2011
Delivery Estimate: December 7, 2011 - December 28, 2011

Yes, still there.
Did anyone else manage to get in an order?

sk

ELazansky
06-09-2011, 08:59 AM
I wouldn't count on this edition being much different from Under the Dome. I just ordered the S/L edition from Simon and Schuster for The Greater Journey by David McCullough. It is the regular First Edition/First Printing with the signature on the tipped-in blank page. I'm gathering this is how S&S does all of their signed books.

Jimimck
06-13-2011, 01:55 AM
Amazon UK link:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/11-22-63-Special-Signed/dp/1451663854

It is the regular First Edition/First Printing with the signature on the tipped-in blank page. I'm gathering this is how S&S does all of their signed books. I'm a little worried about this. I'm all up for a variation of the first edition, like UTD, but am not to keen on purchasing a regular first trade edition with a flatsigned paged tipped in.

BigCoffinHunter
06-13-2011, 10:01 PM
I went ahead and grabbed a copy from the UK Amazon site. Even though I have Amazon Prime in the U.S., the U.K. one was still under $150.00 shipped. Amazon doesn't charge until the book is actually shipped, and I can always cancel if they offer it back up here on the U.S. site, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to reserve one from the U.K.

jhanic
06-14-2011, 03:44 AM
I ordered one also. I have serious doubts that Amazon UK will be able to deliver, but what the heck!

John

carlosdetweiller
06-14-2011, 03:58 AM
I thought about ordering one through amazon UK but have decided against it. Their packaging is suspect and I really don't want to get a damaged one and then have to go through the hassle of returning it back overseas. I went through that with Waterstone's and a damaged UNDER THE DOME S/L that never did get resolved to my satisfaction. That's just me though.

LostAlivE
06-14-2011, 05:59 AM
Is the 11/22/63 that Amazon UK offering the UK edition or is it the US edition?

jhanic
06-14-2011, 06:00 AM
According to the Amazon listing, the publisher is Scribner, so it's the US edition.

John

BigCoffinHunter
06-14-2011, 09:23 AM
I ordered one also. I have serious doubts that Amazon UK will be able to deliver, but what the heck!

John

I felt the same way when I ordered my copy of Transgressions from the U.S. Amazon, and then boom, there it was on my doorstep. Like I said, doesn't hurt to try. If the book arrives damaged, American Express will make sure I get my money back, shipping included, so there's really no risk other than having to send the thing back.

LostAlivE
06-14-2011, 09:56 AM
Well it is no longer listed on Amazon UK

BigCoffinHunter
06-14-2011, 10:01 PM
Well it is no longer listed on Amazon UK

Just checked my order in the U.K. system and it's still there. Hopefully that's a good sign, although I'd still rather get one from the U.S.

thegreattim
06-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Damn, I always read these threads too late. Wish I could have ordered one too... on the off chance it came through, it would be worth the hassle for that price.

Jimimck
06-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Yeah I think the price was pretty good. It came with free international shipping for me, and with the exchange rate, was about $30 cheaper than the US Amazon listed one, before shipping. So I'm happy to give it a chance and see what turns up...

TwistedNadine
07-14-2011, 03:30 PM
You guys probably already saw this but here it is anyway - little taste of whats to come.

http://112263book.com/

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-22-2011, 10:40 AM
From SKMB:

The dates and cities have been determined for the book tour to promote 11/22/63. Specific details for each venue are still being negotiated but we should have more information within the next few weeks.

November 7th Boston
November 10 & 11 Dallas
November 12 New Orleans
November 14 Sarasota
December 14 Atlanta

Robert Fulman
07-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Well, guess who isn't going to work on November 7?

AKC
07-22-2011, 11:20 AM
I'll be in Boston!!!!!

Ricky
07-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Boston is the one closest to me. I was hoping for a NYC-ish stop, but...I am seriously considering flying. :unsure:

Tito_Villa
07-22-2011, 11:26 AM
Wooohoooo thats great because i will be flying into Boston for my american trip early November ... who wants to meet up?

jhanic
07-22-2011, 11:32 AM
That's a lot of signings, especially compared to Full Dark. I wonder what the going price will be for a signed copy off eBay when all is said and done.

John

Rahfa
07-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Even FDNS doesn't go for much...$175-$200?

Jimimck
07-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Friend of mine picked up signed FDNS off ABE for $100. Obviously a bit of a steal and below market value, but maybe an indication you can hunt out a good price if you wait?

Ari_Racing
07-23-2011, 09:32 AM
Sadly, this time I won't be able to fly to attend. :(

Good luck those who will! :)

ICry4Oy
07-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Two days in Dallas, SWEET! Now I can stalk the shit out of......I mean surely I'll get to meet him.

ICry4Oy
07-23-2011, 11:00 AM
From SKMB:

The dates and cities have been determined for the book tour to promote 11/22/63. Specific details for each venue are still being negotiated but we should have more information within the next few weeks.

November 7th Boston
November 10 & 11 Dallas
November 12 New Orleans
November 14 Sarasota
December 14 Atlanta

Having never been to a Sai King signing I am curious about what is/is not allowed. He'll be here (Dallas) on the 10th & 11th but 11/22/63 only comes out on the 8th and I've ordered from CD the book and doubt I'll have it by then. Can you take any King book for signing or only the one he is promoting? I don't mind buying an extra if I have to. How about pics? I'd personally rather have my pic with him than an autograph, but maybe that's just me. Someone mentioned that his signings are "like a chow line at Shawshank", LOL. Is that true? :(

Room 217 Caretaker
07-23-2011, 11:10 AM
From SKMB:

November 7th Boston
November 10 & 11 Dallas
November 12 New Orleans
November 14 Sarasota
December 14 Atlanta

Having never been to a Sai King signing I am curious about what is/is not allowed. He'll be here (Dallas) on the 10th & 11th but 11/22/63 only comes out on the 8th and I've ordered from CD the book and doubt I'll have it by then. Can you take any King book for signing or only the one he is promoting? I don't mind buying an extra if I have to. How about pics? I'd personally rather have my pic with him than an autograph, but maybe that's just me. Someone mentioned that his signings are "like a chow line at Shawshank", LOL. Is that true? :(

Honestly, until the details are announced it's hard to tell but I would put money on the table the 11/22/63 signings will be of that book and that book only. To answer the "chow line" question:

Put it this way.......the people running the events will be standing at the front saying moooo...moooooooo....move forward please.

Most of the time you can take pictures from a far but not with him. Takes too long when 400 people are standing in line.

I'm sure others will have different opinions though. Just mine.

Mulleins

sgc1999
07-23-2011, 11:40 AM
Boston here i come:) only a 50 minute drive for me

Ben Staad
07-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Well I hope I actually get a signed book this time. When he was in Sarasota for UTD I didn't understand the rules on how to get a voucher and missed out on a signed copy.

namelessnpoor
07-24-2011, 07:26 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I was looking on The book Depository website at 11/22/63 and they have a "Special Signed Ediiton" of 11/22/63 listed and its available for pre-order. Scribner is listed as the Publisher, doesn't have many details at all. Listed on sale at $112.50 (25% off list price). I was able to order 2 copies. Figured it couldn't hurt I can always cancel it or send it back !
Anyone know anything about this edition? Couldn't find any info on amazon or scribner site or anywhere else.

Sir_Boomme
07-24-2011, 09:00 AM
thanks nameless... I same thing here... though I ordered 3 copies... not sure if it's a facsimile thing.... kind of low profiled announcement if it's an actual signed book.
It doesn't actually state signed by the author or by King... maybe it's signed by some street person....

iowabob
07-24-2011, 09:02 AM
:::mumblegrumble::: No West Coast Appearance :::grumblemumble:::

namelessnpoor
07-24-2011, 09:04 AM
thanks nameless... I same thing here... though I ordered 3 copies... not sure if it's a facsimile thing.... kind of low profiled announcement if it's an actual signed book.
It doesn't actually state signed by the author or by King... maybe it's signed by some street person....

hahaha...thought the same thing, no idea who it is signed by but figured what the hell may as well give it a shot ! you never know it may a great deal were getting !

jhanic
07-24-2011, 09:17 AM
A while ago (the end of May or the beginning of June) Scribner announced that they would be publishing a limited signed edition of this book. They later took this notice down. I've ordered a copy from Book Depository. There was never an indication that this edition would be numbered, so I'm assuming that it will be like the signed edition of Under the Dome--without a number. There was also no indication on the number of these being printed.

John

ELazansky
07-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I was looking on The book Depository website at 11/22/63 and they have a "Special Signed Ediiton" of 11/22/63 listed and its available for pre-order. Scribner is listed as the Publisher, doesn't have many details at all. Listed on sale at $112.50 (25% off list price). I was able to order 2 copies. Figured it couldn't hurt I can always cancel it or send it back !
Anyone know anything about this edition? Couldn't find any info on amazon or scribner site or anywhere else.

When Simon and Schuster had a signed/limited edition listed on their website (for like a day or two), it was listed at 150.00. 25% off that would be 112.50.

Sir_Boomme
07-24-2011, 09:54 AM
oh... it's that S&S FUBAR thing again...
is it gonna be TGWLTG part 2...

list a book, lower the price, sale the book, raise the price.... ask the customer to pay more... customer pays more... raise the price again, ask the customer to pay more...
then produce a piece of junk...for an ass-tronomical rediculous price?

hmmmm... I'm thinking I'll see if I can cancel my order... didn't realize it was a S&S limited.

Merlin1958
07-24-2011, 04:20 PM
oh... it's that S&S FUBAR thing again...
is it gonna be TGWLTG part 2...

list a book, lower the price, sale the book, raise the price.... ask the customer to pay more... customer pays more... raise the price again, ask the customer to pay more...
then produce a piece of junk...for an ass-tronomical rediculous price?

hmmmm... I'm thinking I'll see if I can cancel my order... didn't realize it was a S&S limited.

LOL I hear ya!!! You know you would think a big-ass publisher like S&S could handle a little thing like a Ltd Edition a little better, right? LOL

ELazansky
07-24-2011, 06:23 PM
The S&S signed edition of The Greatest Journey was just like UTD - signed on the blank page, no number. At least it cost the same as the trade edition was. Don't suppose they would do that with Mr. King...

Sir_Boomme
07-24-2011, 07:09 PM
I want to go to at least one of the Dallas signings.... since King hasn't been to Texas in decades (that know of)-
how do these usually work?...
does everyone just show up?
do they have have pre-tickets on a different day?

If so... is there anyone in dallas that can help me get a ticket? (I'll pay ya)

It's a 400 mile round road trip, but definitely worth a vacation day or two - especially if I could get a couple of other items signed in addition to the 11/11

it might be hard to decide an a third item... but my second item would be my copy of the high school paper - The Drum

ideally... I'd really really love to get it signed on 11/11/11
that's gonna be My Day.

BTW... on a side note:
all my friends know I have for decades had this weird thing where I constantly see 1111 series. If I look at the clock only once a day... I will always catch it at 11:11 or 1:11 (every day). if I'm fast forwarding a VHS or CD... at abitrarily stop it... way to many times it ends up 1111 sequences.
It really is a weird phenom with me - been happening all my adult life.
Even weirder... My dad gave me a copy of my birth certificate a few years ago... that had my birth time... of course it was 11:11 am - I wasn't that surprised.

after years of this... I finally did a internet search to see if others shared this strange behavior - apparently so, there is tons of info about it...
here's a few websites (out of hundreds) dedicated to it:

http://www.december212012.com/articles/11-11/The_11_11_phenomenon.htm
http://1111spiritguardians.com/
http://www.phenomenon1111.com/1111phenomenon.html

I thought it would stop after the 9/11 towers... that maybe it was a precog. of that .... but it hasn't, in fact it happens even more the older I get.

as a pragmatic athiestic skeptic... everything in my personal makeup says it's nonsense and just chance. But it's really happened way way to much for way way to long for me to just blow it off.

Month's ago, I've had already put in for vacation on 11/11/11 - was planning to party all day.... Dallas is as good of a place as any to party.

Let's party together!

Patrick
07-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Terry, I hope you are 11th in line at the King signing and not 1,111th.

Ari_Racing
07-24-2011, 08:19 PM
A while ago (the end of May or the beginning of June) Scribner announced that they would be publishing a limited signed edition of this book. They later took this notice down. I've ordered a copy from Book Depository. There was never an indication that this edition would be numbered, so I'm assuming that it will be like the signed edition of Under the Dome--without a number. There was also no indication on the number of these being printed.

Does it require payment in advance?

Jimimck
07-24-2011, 10:34 PM
A while ago (the end of May or the beginning of June) Scribner announced that they would be publishing a limited signed edition of this book. They later took this notice down. I've ordered a copy from Book Depository. There was never an indication that this edition would be numbered, so I'm assuming that it will be like the signed edition of Under the Dome--without a number. There was also no indication on the number of these being printed.Does it require payment in advance?

I ordered it through Amazon UK before they took down their link, and didn't have to pay in advance.

ELazansky
07-25-2011, 03:30 AM

Does it require payment in advance?

Book Depository does require payment in advance.

SkippyD023
07-25-2011, 09:49 AM
Book Depository has now removed the signed edition from there inventory.

My guess is S&S will handle this one the same way they did UTD and open it up for orders on a specific date thru their website.

jhanic
07-25-2011, 11:00 AM
It's possible that Book Depository sold all their allocated copies. I agree that it may show up on the S&S site at the right time.

John

Robert Fulman
07-25-2011, 12:25 PM
It hasn't disappeared from Book Depository, it simply says "Currently Unavailable (http://www.bookdepository.com/112263-Special-Signed-Edition-Stephen-King/9781451663853?b=-3&t=-26)".

DanHocker
07-25-2011, 01:33 PM
I'm pretty sure you're going to have to order through S&S, as I think we tried to get a couple of copies and where told something about sales not being open till the publication date or something like that.

LostAlivE
08-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Has anyone heard anything more about this book? I want to get one of the limited ones from S&S. I had some ordered from Amazon.com but they have recently taken them out and off of my open orders they are no longer there.
Thank you,
Lost

jhanic
08-11-2011, 02:24 PM
I've got a copy pre-ordered from Book Depository and haven't received any cancellation notice. That doesn't really mean anything, though. We'll have to see what happens.

John

Jimimck
08-11-2011, 04:52 PM
My preorder was through Amazon UK, and I haven't received any email cancelling the order or anything...
My account on their site still shows the pre order, and even lists an expected shipping date of 11 November. No idea if that will be accurate or not...

Randall Flagg
08-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Amazon just blanked out my order like it never existed.

EDIT:

My mistake. I logged on to Amazon UK and the pending order still shows.:doh:

frik
08-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Has anyone heard anything more about this book? I want to get one of the limited ones from S&S. I had some ordered from Amazon.com but they have recently taken them out and off of my open orders they are no longer there.
Thank you,
Lost

That sucks.
Your post made me check mine, and my order is still there.
Still being the key word, here...

sk

killbourne
08-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Just read this on LATINO REVIEW: Jonathan Demme Directing Stephen King's Upcoming JFK Novel

Jimimck
08-20-2011, 07:46 PM
I just found that a local book store is taking online preorders for the S&S Special Signed edition.

http://www.whitcoulls.co.nz/book/112263-special-signed-edition-a-novel/24949262/

$152.95NZD, which is about $130USD. Includes free delivery in NZ, and doesn't appear to allow overseas delivery address'. If anyone wants to order, I'd be happy to give my postal address and send on to you. I have no idea what the cost of shipping will be, since we have no idea of the size/weight etc.

This site confirms the expected publication date of 8th Nov.

jhanic
08-22-2011, 08:31 AM
Hodder has released their cover for 11.22.63:

http://www.stephenking.com/promo/11-22-63/uk_dust_jacket/

John

Ricky
08-22-2011, 11:00 AM
I think I might actually like it better than the US cover.

herbertwest
08-22-2011, 03:15 PM
i aint so keen of the typefront...

Jimimck
08-22-2011, 04:12 PM
I find a lot of the UK editions have that old outdated font for King's name on them...

Lilja
08-23-2011, 03:29 AM
Simon & Schuster will release an enhanced eBook version of 11/22/63 that will include a 13-minute film, written and narrated by Stephen King, that will take you back--as King's novel does--to Kennedy era America.

Lilja

Jimimck
08-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Simon & Schuster will release an enhanced eBook version of 11/22/63 that will include a 13-minute film, written and narrated by Stephen King, that will take you back--as King's novel does--to Kennedy era America.

Lilja

Thats pretty cool. Thanks for the info Lilja

mae
08-24-2011, 11:31 AM

Ugh it's a matter of taste, of course, but I haven't seen a single foreign edition cover I liked better than the original.

WeDealInLead
08-24-2011, 11:49 AM
I have. Skeleton Crew and Pet Sematary come to mind right off the bat. Night shift too.

biomieg
08-24-2011, 11:53 AM

Ugh it's a matter of taste, of course, but I haven't seen a single foreign edition cover I liked better than the original.

I assume with 'foreign' you mean British? They're not always better but just compare the US and UK versions of THE DARK HALF (image from Mr. Rabbit Trick):

http://www.akyle.f2s.com/images/half.jpg

jhanic
08-24-2011, 12:04 PM
I like the UK cover of Eyes of the Dragon MUCH better than the US one.

John

Bev Vincent
08-24-2011, 12:12 PM
I finished 11/22/63 yesterday morning. It's one roller coaster ride after another, with a couple of unexpected detours. Simultaneously a thriller and a love story. It's cleverly constructed and I really like the way he handled the time travel. An excellent book.

jhanic
08-24-2011, 12:16 PM
Geez, I wish one of my contacts would let me know he has a copy for me!

John

Lilja
08-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Does anyone know how many they are doing?
Lilja

carlosdetweiller
08-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Geez, I wish one of my contacts would let me know he has a copy for me!

I don't have one either. Mike and Bev are the only two I know for sure that have one. I've got some decent sources but haven't heard from them yet.

jhanic
08-24-2011, 01:04 PM
I know that Robert at Grant got one also. Karen's reading it now. Rich at Cemetery Dance also got a copy.

John

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-24-2011, 01:05 PM
I like the UK cover of Eyes of the Dragon MUCH better than the US one.

John

So do I, but I also like this other UK cover more than the MacDonald one...

http://www.akyle.f2s.com/images/dragon_3.jpg

Ben Staad
08-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Very nice Mr. RT! I've never seen that before :cool_002:

jhanic
08-24-2011, 01:08 PM
I've not seen that one either. I like it also.

John

mae
08-24-2011, 03:19 PM
Again, it's a matter of taste. Plus, I think, I tend to like the US covers more simple because they're the original covers. I guess I'm just used to them, since they're the ones on my bookshelves.

Merlin1958
08-24-2011, 06:26 PM
I finished 11/22/63 yesterday morning. It's one roller coaster ride after another, with a couple of unexpected detours. Simultaneously a thriller and a love story. It's cleverly constructed and I really like the way he handled the time travel. An excellent book.

Oh you wicked, wicked man!!

LOL

Merlin1958
08-24-2011, 06:28 PM
I know that Robert at Grant got one also. Karen's reading it now. Rich at Cemetery Dance also got a copy.

John

I thought she had WTTK, not 11/22/63. If she does, good for her!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ari_Racing
08-24-2011, 06:42 PM
I received confirmation that I won't be getting an US copy.

Merlin1958
08-24-2011, 06:54 PM
I received confirmation that I won't be getting an US copy.

Tough break, Ari! Sorry to hear. However, my bet is that someway, somehow you'll manage to get a copy in some form prior to the Pub. Date!!!

LOL

biomieg
08-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Re: the UK cover of 11/22/63 - in this case I do agree that the US one seems superior. I'm not a fan of the cheap Photoshoppish effect around the title and while the font for King's name is okay, the 'shiny' look it has is cheesy.

Ben Mears
08-25-2011, 03:16 AM

Sounds like a winner. Hopefully this one hits #1 and stays for a while.

biomieg
08-25-2011, 03:47 AM
I just stumbled across the S&S signed edition of 11/22/63 on the Canadian Amazon site, where it can still be pre-ordered (current price around 97 Canadian dollars). It also has a cover art picture which differs from the regular trade cover art:

Signed edition:
http://img.amazon.ca/images/I/61yWkWNoYhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Regular edition:
http://img.amazon.ca/images/I/51Z6WpLd16L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's a good price and I like the fact that they have done a variant cover (although it's not been confirmed at all, of course).

mae
08-25-2011, 04:18 AM
Larger version:

http://img.amazon.ca/images/I/61yWkWNoYhL.jpg

mae
08-25-2011, 04:20 AM
Bev, how does this novel compare to Under the Dome?

Bev Vincent
08-25-2011, 06:06 AM
I liked it a lot more -- I thought Under the Dome was fine and had a few interesting characters, but it was mostly plot. This one is very strong on characterization and has a heckuva plot, too.

mae
08-25-2011, 07:56 AM
:panic: Cannot wait!

herbertwest
08-25-2011, 08:02 AM
i should be getting one too.. however i wont be able to review or publish anything about it prior to publication... i guess that it includes pictures of the proof

DoctorDodge
08-25-2011, 08:12 AM
I'll keep an eye out for it. I do enjoy a good time travel story, especially ones that examine the effect not on society but on the individual, so this sounds like my cup of tea. Even if it is something I've seen done plenty of times, it'll be interesting to read King's take on it, especially judging from Bev's review. Looking forward to reading it when I get the chance.

Stockerlone
08-25-2011, 10:31 AM
I just stumbled across the S&S signed edition of 11/22/63 on the Canadian Amazon site, where it can still be pre-ordered (current price around 97 Canadian dollars). It also has a cover art picture which differs from the regular trade cover art:

Signed edition:
http://img.amazon.ca/images/I/61yWkWNoYhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Regular edition:
http://img.amazon.ca/images/I/51Z6WpLd16L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's a good price and I like the fact that they have done a variant cover (although it's not been confirmed at all, of course).

Itīs from the German amazon site also possible, price 111,99 euro

http://www.amazon.de/11-22-63-Special-Signed/dp/1451663854/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314294476&sr=8-1

Randall Flagg
08-25-2011, 11:44 AM
I wish I spoke German. Can an overseas member help me order?

biomieg
08-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Jerome, you can order one on the Canadian Amazon site (it's cheaper too). I did and including shipping to The Netherlands it's less than the 111 euros that Stockerlone mentioned from the German site.

Randall Flagg
08-25-2011, 11:50 AM
I am still helpless on the matter. Someone in Canada PM me and order one please. I will pay in full.

biomieg
08-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Hm, that's weird? With my Amazon (US) account I can use the Canadian site as well. Maybe WeDealInLead can help you out. I would get you one but then you'd need to pay shipping back to the US from The Netherlands.

Randall Flagg
08-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Canadian link?

ELazansky
08-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Canadian link?

http://www.amazon.ca/11-22-63-Special-Signed/dp/1451663854/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1314302431&sr=8-2

ELazansky
08-25-2011, 12:01 PM
I preordered from The Book Depository already, so I'm set. Wonder why Amazon in the US doesn't have it listed yet...

Randall Flagg
08-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the link. I ordered one. I wonder if the German, Canadian, and the US version will be different?

jhanic
08-25-2011, 12:12 PM
I've ordered one from Book Depository and one from the Canadian Amazon. The one from Amazon.ca seems to have a different dust jacket, at least, than the one announced for the one from the US. We'll see. At worst case, I'll end up with two signed identical copies, which isn't all bad either.

John

ELazansky
08-25-2011, 12:13 PM
I may just go ahead and preorder from Amazon as well - at least they don't charge until they ship.

biomieg
08-25-2011, 12:16 PM
I preordered from The Book Depository already, so I'm set. Wonder why Amazon in the US doesn't have it listed yet...

I think they had it listed some time ago, as did Amazon UK etc. but S&S probably asked them to take the preorder pages down until further notice and apparently they forgot to ask some of the foreign Amazon sites to do the same.

*edit: 97 Canadian dollars is a very good price I think so I just went ahead and ordered one even though I''m not into signed books.

Stockerlone
08-25-2011, 12:38 PM

I think they had it listed some time ago, as did Amazon UK etc. but S&S probably asked them to take the preorder pages down until further notice and apparently they forgot to ask some of the foreign Amazon sites to do the same.

*edit: 97 Canadian dollars is a very good price I think so I just went ahead and ordered one even though I''m not into signed books.

Yes, from Canada ... for me CDN$ 93.57 + 19,99 shipping.... all together under 85 EUROS....
When i order it...now.. i think tomorrow comes amazon.uk with 11/22/63 and there itīs again cheaper, then comes amazon.fr.....

Ari_Racing
08-25-2011, 12:38 PM
I'm getting an UK proof, but can't share anything about it prior publication. Hope it arrives one of these days.

WeDealInLead
08-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the link. I ordered one. I wonder if the German, Canadian, and the US version will be different?

Aaaahhh. I asked my wife to order two when I saw your previous message. Doesn't matter, I'll cancel one.

Jimimck
08-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Glad to see my preorder through Amazon UK has been updated with this new cover artwork.

Merlin1958
08-25-2011, 06:38 PM
I'm getting an UK proof, but can't share anything about it prior publication. Hope it arrives one of these days.

I officially called it!!! LOL

nyy3723a
08-26-2011, 06:12 AM
I'm really confused - I see people pre-ordering this from various places, but I don't remember it ever being officially announced and put on sale. Is it official yet? Will I miss the boat if I wait for it to be posted on the US amazon site? Help Please! :)

jhanic
08-26-2011, 06:37 AM
Just going by what happened when Scribner announced their signed limited edition of Under the Dome. They published 1500 copies of it (none numbered, of course) with no slipcase or anything other than a signed page. I would not be surprised if they do the same number of signed copies for 11/22/63. Given the large number of King fans, I don't think those 1500 copies (if that's indeed how many they do) will last too long. What I don't really understand either is why it's not listed on the US Amazon site, while it is on the Canadian site, in addition to a few others. If I were you, I'd order it from the Canadian site (Amazon.ca) just to be sure to get a copy. That's what I did.

John

SkippyD023
08-26-2011, 09:14 AM
I ordered when from Amazon.ca as well but I have a feeling that none of these orders will be fullfilled and like Under The Dome it will need to be ordered directly from Scribner just like they did UTD.

jhanic
08-26-2011, 10:27 AM
You could be right. I double checked my Amazon.ca order and discovered that I had never gone through the checkout. It is now done. We'll see what happens.

John

CurtSeattle
08-29-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the link! I just picked one of the Canadian signed pre-order editions myself!

frik
08-29-2011, 10:45 AM

Amazon.com had this listed a couple of months ago. Just for a few days.
I was just in time to put in my order.

sk

herbertwest
08-30-2011, 11:26 AM
the french amazon do also sells it.

Merlin1958
08-30-2011, 04:58 PM

"do also sells it"? You must be from Europe!!!

LOL J/K

:tongue1:

Garrell
08-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Pre-ordered my amazon.ca one today:)

Merlin1958
08-30-2011, 05:55 PM
Pre-ordered my amazon.ca one today:)

Way to go, my man!!!

:rock:

Garrell
08-30-2011, 07:40 PM
Wonder if it will fit in my CD slipcase I preordered months ago?

biomieg
08-31-2011, 12:30 AM

I'm also from Europe but my English is better than yours!

Hah!

herbertwest
08-31-2011, 03:43 AM

LOL J/K

:tongue1:

Yeah, to be honnest i noticed this mistake as soon as the comment was published... was too lazy to fix it though... :$

Robert Fulman
08-31-2011, 04:26 AM
Yo hablo un poco de espanol, pero yo se los quien han hablando desde fueran bebes piensan que yo hablo como un imbecil.

As long as everyone else is willing to learn English, me is happy.

Robert Fulman
08-31-2011, 04:58 AM
The "Special Signed Edition" is #37 on the Amazon.ca top 100, the trade is not on the list (it is #173).

Patrick
08-31-2011, 10:26 PM
Yo hablo un poco de espanol, pero yo se los quien han hablando desde fueran bebes piensan que yo hablo como un imbecil.

:rofl: Awesome.

Iwritecode
09-01-2011, 06:00 AM

As long as everyone else is willing to learn English, me is happy.

I actually took 3 years of Spanish in high school and could only translate about 3/4 of that sentence.

Then I used Google translate. :P

Ari_Racing
09-01-2011, 06:03 AM
Nice, Robert!

Well, Spanish is my mother language, I have an advanced English level, I understand Italian (my father and my grandparents are from Italy and always talked using Italian), I did one year of French and tomorrow I'm starting Japanese. :)

And now...back on topic. ;)

biomieg
09-01-2011, 06:09 AM
I only speak Dutch, English, French, basic Portguese and basic German... time to learn something new then (in order to keep up with you guys).

biomieg
09-01-2011, 06:09 AM
Back on topic, indeed: I expected more 11/22/63 proofs to show up but it has been quiet so far...

jhanic
09-01-2011, 06:16 AM
I have the feeling that the 11/22/63 proof is going to be one of the more scarce items, both US and UK.

John

biomieg
09-01-2011, 06:21 AM
I agree. I've only heard of two US proofs and one UK proof so far (I don't even know what that one looks like).

Mr. Rabbit Trick
09-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Remember, proofs are sent to book reviewers, and most end up in the recycle bins when read.

Bev Vincent
09-01-2011, 07:35 AM
Mine looks like a truck ran over it.

jhanic
09-01-2011, 11:18 AM
I know of five or six US proofs. I've not seen the UK proof yet.

Just arrived today:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/112263proof.jpg

and the publisher's letter:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/112263proofletter.jpg

John

Bev Vincent
09-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Including that one, I know of five total so far, I think.

biomieg
09-01-2011, 11:34 AM
I should have said that I know of two US and one UK among the forum members. John's makes three US proofs that I know of (here). A job well done, John!

Randall Flagg
09-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Congrats to John!

Pasiuk57
09-01-2011, 01:16 PM
I have a US version with the UK version on the way...